FE on the Forums: Scarlet Crown [IC]

rokubiraijuu

e5TiIke.png

"Won't gut you, but will lay you out on your ass if you want to push your luck. I'm a soldier, not a psychopath." Her eyes narrowed slightly; was he really actually talking about someone else, or just trying to cover for himself? Whatever, it didn't matter. He at least seemed slightly less insane than the other people around. . . even if he was quite obviously seeing if he could get more of a rise out of her. "Rhian, if you didn't hear. And if you were really trying not to piss me off, you'd've dropped that topic entirely." 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0Z0o3D3.png

"Ya see, she gets it!" Argos spoke happily, taking his sword back.  "As to why it can only be cool and not cute, every weapon, I believe, tells a tale. No matter how old or new you can tell. Whether it was made with passion or greed. Whether it has scratches, chips or battle scars. Every great warrior out there has their own signature weapon, them and that weapon form a connection no other user can. The warrior takes after his weapon and the weapon the warrior. They become very much alike, that is why I believe this blade is cool and not cute. For all the hard work, me and my pops had put into it it could be nothing more nothing less, and I as well as others don't particularly find myself cute."

mpufIcF.png

"Though most people wouldn't find me cool either."

53CBllu.png

"Actually, most people tend to not like me or outright hate me in general." Argos shook his head

rDMiQix.png

"But that's besides the point." He turns to the worry wort lady,  "Actually, I don't believe we've gotten your name. Oh, I guess it would be rude not to introduce myself first, my name is Argos von Bodin,"

0Z0o3D3.png

"INVOKER OF MAYHEM!" He had to say that last part with extra gusto!

kBCdadq.png

"Hmm, fair enough, fair enough. Well Rhian, it's a pleasure to meet you. I promise I'll do my best to not deserve getting knocked on my ass. I never meant to imply you were a psychopath. Perhaps better wording would have been 'could gut me' not 'would gut me', but either way, my promise stands. I will say, with that armor of yours, I would have expected more of a front line fighter, but then you have a bow... Interesting combination. Still, good at keeping you alive no matter where you are fighting, I'm sure."

The newcomer fellow can't help but smile a little more as he notices Seymore's reaction, evidently just a little amused that he might have startled the poor fellow, but still keeping polite as he can. He also glances over at Fallon and nods in acknowledgement, still maintaining that polite smile, then turns his attention back to Seymore again to reply to him first, also reaching out to accept the offer of the handshake. After all, Seymore was the first to address him, so it would only be polite.

"I see... That's two names I know now, at least. My name is Verden. Nice to meet you two, Seymore, Fallon. I cannot help but wonder, where might you both come from? It is fine if neither of you wish to reveal that, of course. I could understand."

Verden gestures down to himself. Mainly his robes, and the scrap of metal underneath, neither in particularly good order.

"If the... questionable quality of my outfit were not a giveaway already, I come from Kuluk. The journey this far north has taken quite some time, unfortunately for me."

The young woman scratches her head at his explanation - she didn’t really understand a lot of what he was talking about. Sure, it was a cool sword, but... becoming like your sword? She wouldn’t really want to become a lot like her bow. Too stringy. Of course, she wouldn’t actually say any of this out loud and insult him.

pKRvjQu.png

”Well, perhaps I haven’t spent enough time with it yet, because I don’t feel like this is true of myself and my weapon. Maybe it will be in the future.”

Pd8Pbv5.png

”Oh, please. Don’t talk about yourself that way! I’m a person and I find myself definitely not hating you whatsoever. I think you’ve just had bad luck with meeting people, that’s all.”

She then extends her hand with little warning and lots of speed towards Argos, a smile on her face.

EEYc5kd.png

”My great pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mister von Bodin. I humbly request you invoke mayhem upon our enemies, and not on myself, Dulcibella Mauro, mounted archer for the Allied Guard.”

Anyone familiar with Gregminster’s trade families should know the name just spoken.

pKRvjQu.png

”Well, I suppose for the time being I’m only an archer, as my dear horse is currently suffering an injury to his leg.”

chris_4_t.png

"Hmm...I see no wonder it likes you as much as it does but you should try and listen to it more it wants to be both cute and cool.....and don't stab it into the ground they are not made for that and it hurts them." Kris said with a smile and turned to the girl "Hi I'm Kris....just Kris" She said with a smile and a wave as she continued to eat her ice cream. (She knew that name not that she would say anything)

Ceridwen's expression morphed into a bit of a frown at Rhian's reply to her.

MPdroNU.png

"You said you're not from Caliss and I've never been anywhere else but here and home, so I don't know what it's like where you're from, but... I don't think being nice is acting like a bootlicker."

53 minutes ago, krim said:

krimdude.png

"Magefolk? I...suppose you could say that. I doubt it's similar to anything you've learned about though." Fallon grimaced. Not wanting to say any more about the topic, for both their sakes, he turned to look at the dragon that stood in the middle of the gardens. The rider had just finished her mentorship by the look of her. Now that brings me back...he thought. "Quite a spectacle, eh?" he said with just a hint of sadness. When he looked back, he noticed the new man with striking blue eyes standing a ways off. 

krimdude.png

'Yes...Fallon." he said to the man with the blue eyes, before looking back at Seymour. "And it's pronounced pol-i-tic-al. Don't worry too much about the specifics and you'll be better off for it."

tazzdude.png

"Oh, that kind. Hrm. I s'pose you must be the 'specially trustworthy kind, then, to be runnin' 'round with the dangerous kind of magic, but, uhh..." Seymore opted to just cut himself off, having cognized the grimace a moment ago but only now realizing that it might be a sore subject for him. Seymore turned and tried his best to focus upon the newcomer instead.

34 minutes ago, BlueCalibri said:

The newcomer fellow can't help but smile a little more as he notices Seymore's reaction, evidently just a little amused that he might have startled the poor fellow, but still keeping polite as he can. He also glances over at Fallon and nods in acknowledgement, still maintaining that polite smile, then turns his attention back to Seymore again to reply to him first, also reaching out to accept the offer of the handshake. After all, Seymore was the first to address him, so it would only be polite.

"I see... That's two names I know now, at least. My name is Verden. Nice to meet you two, Seymore, Fallon. I cannot help but wonder, where might you both come from? It is fine if neither of you wish to reveal that, of course. I could understand."

Verden gestures down to himself. Mainly his robes, and the scrap of metal underneath, neither in particularly good order.

"If the... questionable quality of my outfit were not a giveaway already, I come from Kuluk. The journey this far north has taken quite some time, unfortunately for me."

tazzdude.png

Seymore's enthusiasm with accepting the handshake and accompanying vigor were more born from trying his best to dart around the uncomfortable topic, even though he didn't know why Fallon was so uncomfortable with it. "Oh, uh. I come from the, Great Forest Village, east've here. This big city is as odd as snow in summerswax t'me," Seymore said. "I'd not've expected some'un from another country to be joinin' this Allied Guard, but I s'pose that's really speakin' much for the whole unity thing," he added. "Bringin' together all sorts of folk."

Edited by The Nonexistent Tazz
missed something

DQSIRFd.png

Argos shakes Dulcibella's hand,  "No the pleasure is all mine." He then turns to Kris chuckles and then nods,  "Heh, alright if you say so. I'll try to remember to not stab it into the ground anymore." He then returns the blade onto his back to rest.  "Man, if everyday could be as happy and fun as this..."

Despite the helmet obscuring their face, Rhian gets the distinct sense that Michi is frowning at them; not that they'll particularly care at all, but the thought counts. They don't grace Rhian's insulting question with a response, instead opting to turn to Ceridwen.

IuuWMQz.png 

"Don't get on her bad side on my account, comrade. This is a fight not worth fighting, not for the moment."

They seem to lighten up a little after that.

IuuWMQz.png 

"So, is this everyone? I'd expected more for this endeavour!"

Naomi.png

"It will be enough." Naomi answers Michi. "Just me and the old eyepatch fart are enough for whatever they want us to do. But I'm curious at what Rhian can do, by the way she brags she's ultra mega good. I want to see if it's true!" 

FWmTNLC.png

"Where I'm from, you actually need to earn respect, instead of having praise thrown at you for existing." Rhian said through clenched teeth, before taking a deep breath and seemingly attempting to calm herself down to some degree. There was a lot more she could say, but it would open up far too much she didn't exactly feel like sharing at the moment. "Not that it matters. I've left that place far behind." Or so I'd hoped.

It seemed his questions had largely been ignored, most likely due to her being distracted. Tucking his hands behind his head, he called out to the heavily armored one,

kBCdadq.png

"Probably best to leave it, you know. I doubt either of you two will change your minds, and arguing over something like this is bound to just raise tensions. Besides, you've got a dragon interested in you. Better to pay attention to that than anything else."

Ceridwen flicked her eyes between the other three for a moment, looking rather put out -- she wasn't entirely sure what she could say to that.

MPdroNU.png

"Erm... well..."

Given an out by the purple-haired guy's bringing of attention towards Yn Ddiddorol, Ceridwen smiled again and bent forwards a little bit to talk to the armored one about her dragon, who responded amiably enough to Michi's patting of his snout, giving the armored figure a better angle... though he still seemed to be more interested in his armor than anything else, nosing at the different plates lightly.

MPdroNU.png

"I think I already said his name, but this is Yn Ddiddorol! He's probably curious about your armor -- both him and I are fairly experienced with different types of Dragon Knight armor but Calissian armor types, and other ones, are pretty new!" Something occurred to her. "...oh yeah, my name is Ceridwen Rhydderch, by the by."

Kris is given the same treatment: a smile and a quickly extended hand, ready to shake.

Pd8Pbv5.png

”It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Miss Kris. May I ask - is that your own name, or your family’s name? I find myself curious.”

chris_4_t.png

Kris smiled at Argos' answer. She turned to Dulcibella and shook her hand with a smile. "Yep Kris is my name and only mine...well at least I haven' t meet anyone who uses it the way I do Miss Mauro." Kris said adding a bit of a knowing inflection when she said Dulcibella's name.

pKRvjQu.png

”Oh, that’s interesting. And it’s your only name, I assume? How unusual!”

Dulcibella says it in quite the positive way, and gives Kris an insquisitive smile at the way the latter says her name.

chris_4_t.png

"Never said it was my only one but its the only one I'm giving, after all, I can't go telling everyone everything about me when I barely know them.  A girl needs to have her secrets after all" Kris said as she gave Dulcibella a coy smile.

Rhian simply made a vaguely dismissive-sounding noise and crossed her arms. She decided to occupy herself with watching the dragon inspect Michi, an unreadable expression on her face. The knight was aware that she'd gotten a bit angry, and was trying to not let the continued presence of the Dragon Knight continue to grind at her mood. . . not that it had started in the most ideal of places anyway. A moment or two of this, and she remembered that she'd been spoken to by someone else. She turned to face the purple-haired soldier again.

e5TiIke.png

"Right, I never told you. Staying light on your feet is all well and good for when things are going well, but good luck surviving a cavalry charge in padded cloth. This'll actually keep me alive when shit goes wrong - and it will."

pKRvjQu.png

”Ah, I see. I understand your sentiment! Personally, I like to believe most people I meet are as kind as they appear, or if they aren’t that perhaps they are going on hard times. You never know the full story, after all.”

pKRvjQu.png

”I don’t like to keep secrets from others, either. It feels dishonest. I mean no disrespect to you, or anyone who does have them, of course! You are free to say what you wish, and to not say what you don’t wish to. It is no business of mine to tell you otherwise.”

Dulcibella then turns to Argos and gestures her arms to him as if requesting something (which she proceeds to do).

Pd8Pbv5.png

”Mister von Bodin, what’s your feeling on the matter?”

kBCdadq.png

"Interesting, interesting. I can see why you would say that for sure. And clearly I'm at least somewhat a believer of that, given I also wear at least some armor. However, I find that too much limits what I can do a bit too much. And so I sacrifice a little bit of safety to be much more dangerous than I would be otherwise."

He grins, well aware that the picture he's painted up to this point has been anything but dangerous.