Pokemon Reawakened Official Dev. Blog (New Release Available!)

@Champion Charmander If you still want suggestion for new moves, I have one:

Name: Aqua-Regia

Type: Poison

Category: Special

Makes no contact.

Power: 100

Acc.: 90

PP: 10

The user spits out an extremely acidic mixture of strong acids that dissolves the opponent on contact. It also has 30% chance of burning the target. It is super-effective on Steel types and not very effective on Water types.

So i just finished the chapter so I figured I would give my thoughts/criticisms. I should also preface this by saying I like the game and have enjoyed playing it.

-The largest gameplay issue is the low variation in types available, it feels like 80% of the pokemon are electric, while this may be intentional I am not fond of it thus far. Having more variation through ought the game with certain focuses is fine, but being limited this early is pretty annoying. 

-The second issue I have is the writing in terms of the escalation of events and the use of killing characters. I feel like their have been a lot of characters with little development this combined with the very fast escalation of the plot itself into something on a macro level made me feel very removed. It felt out of left field and it didn't really bother me that anybody died because everything happened so quickly. That is one thing that I think Reborn has done well which is making deaths happen at the right time rather than just forcing them in. Killing a characters doesn't really up the stakes if the player doesn't know/like the character yet. 

-The game feels buggy, as in you can randomly walk over walls or things that you should collide with. Randomly getting stuck in events or inside of walls, having to redo dialogue or getting stuck in dialogue loops. These issues have forced me to re-load earlier saves or go back if I don't save frequently. 

- In terms of positives I have enjoyed the difficulty of the gym battle, but felt like the rest of the fights were a bit easy. I actually like the design of the maps although sometimes they feel a bit empty.

- Also did this chapter have any event pokemon? Because I did not come across any despite me looking in most of the new areas. 

If you need beta testers in the future to go through some of the kinks I may be able to help out.

Edit: Didn't see this was discontinued best of luck in the future ^^

Edited by Dontea

It’s a shame to hear that you’re discontinuing this. Hope eventually you’ll reconsider, if not, I hope you’ll instead use the knowledge you gained during this venture and apply it to any future projects you may pick up.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, Dontea said:

So i just finished the chapter so I figured I would give my thoughts/criticisms. I should also preface this by saying I like the game and have enjoyed playing it.

-The largest gameplay issue is the low variation in types available, it feels like 80% of the pokemon are electric, while this may be intentional I am not fond of it thus far. Having more variation through ought the game with certain focuses is fine, but being limited this early is pretty annoying. 

-The second issue I have is the writing in terms of the escalation of events and the use of killing characters. I feel like their have been a lot of characters with little development this combined with the very fast escalation of the plot itself into something on a macro level made me feel very removed. It felt out of left field and it didn't really bother me that anybody died because everything happened so quickly. That is one thing that I think Reborn has done well which is making deaths happen at the right time rather than just forcing them in. Killing a characters doesn't really up the stakes if the player doesn't know/like the character yet. 

-The game feels buggy, as in you can randomly walk over walls or things that you should collide with. Randomly getting stuck in events or inside of walls, having to redo dialogue or getting stuck in dialogue loops. These issues have forced me to re-load earlier saves or go back if I don't save frequently. 

- In terms of positives I have enjoyed the difficulty of the gym battle, but felt like the rest of the fights were a bit easy. I actually like the design of the maps although sometimes they feel a bit empty.

- Also did this chapter have any event pokemon? Because I did not come across any despite me looking in most of the new areas. 

If you need beta testers in the future to go through some of the kinks I may be able to help out.

Edit: Didn't see this was discontinued best of luck in the future ^^

Thank you for the comments! The project is going to be continued, so if you'd like to be a Beta Tester, then you definitely can be.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Enigma Shot U said:

It’s a shame to hear that you’re discontinuing this. Hope eventually you’ll reconsider, if not, I hope you’ll instead use the knowledge you gained during this venture and apply it to any future projects you may pick up.

Reconsidered~

On 5/24/2018 at 1:29 PM, Champion Charmander said:

Thank you for the comments! The project is going to be continued, so if you'd like to be a Beta Tester, then you definitely can be.

Sure, shoot me a pm when you need one If I have time I will test and give feedback. 

I've tried almost everything at this point. I tried starting a new game, deleting all of my old saves, replacing my current save with a new game, and reinstalling the game are all ineffective. I doubt anybody is really having the same problem as me as well. It kinda sucks, but I don't think I can continue my gameplay anymore. It was a good game and it was fun while it lasted.

23 hours ago, Norman Guy said:

I've tried almost everything at this point. I tried starting a new game, deleting all of my old saves, replacing my current save with a new game, and reinstalling the game are all ineffective. I doubt anybody is really having the same problem as me as well. It kinda sucks, but I don't think I can continue my gameplay anymore. It was a good game and it was fun while it lasted.

Oh that's a shame. I don't know why that is happening. I've looked into it and found nothing that would cause that. I'm very sorry that you couldn't continue playing,

17 hours ago, Champion Charmander said:

Oh that's a shame. I don't know why that is happening. I've looked into it and found nothing that would cause that. I'm very sorry that you couldn't continue playing,

I don't know what's been going on with my save or anything, but I just had a stroke of luck on my end. All of a sudden the game works now and I'm kinda glad works now. Only problem now is that I have restart, but I don't mind so much at least I can continue playing. I'm not a big fan of having to give up on games that I like.

3 hours ago, Norman Guy said:

I don't know what's been going on with my save or anything, but I just had a stroke of luck on my end. All of a sudden the game works now and I'm kinda glad works now. Only problem now is that I have restart, but I don't mind so much at least I can continue playing. I'm not a big fan of having to give up on games that I like.

Oh well that's great!

@Champion Charmander Hi just started your game! But if you still want suggestions for moves, I have a suggestion for my beloved ice type!

Name: Snow Squall

Type: Ice

Makes no contact.

Power: 60

Acc.: 100

PP: 30 (Max 48)

Potential Text 1: The user summons strong freezing gusts of wind and ice at its opponents allowing for the user to hide within the flurry.  The damage is boosted to 90 under the hail weather condition.

Potential Text 2: The user summons strong freezing gusts of wind and ice at its opponents, disorienting them, and obscuring their vision. The damage is boosted to 90 under the hail weather condition.

Side effect: Raises user and allies' evasion by 1 stage. OR similarly decreases accuracy for all opponents by 1 stage.

Effected by the abilities: Cloud Nine, Keen Eye, Compound Eyes, Shield Dust, Unaware

Reasoning: I think it fits thematically with the theme of ice being the fragile, technical, and beautiful type. The faults of the ice typing are due to its low defenses and lack of resistances. The typing itself is also known for its reliance on snow-like weather conditions moves such as hail, blizzard, and aurora veil. So to combine these aspects, Snow Squall allows for the ice type to cover up its defenses through the catch all- and hated mechanic of RNG while not making ice types bulky (which defeats its theme unless you're talking about the walking glacier of a pokemon Avalugg). Its low normal base damage is to negate the versatility of it as several of the main ice type opponents resist it, and 60 BP even with a high SPA is more akin to chip damage to them. Though its ability to be boosted during hail lends itself to a more strategic, competitive aspect by giving access to a higher damage output under a generally rare condition (unless you use alolan ninetails or other snow warning mons). 

I can see this being a core move of alolan Ninetails as she is the epitome of the fighting style of ice type- fragile and technical. Having access to Snowsquall, combined with its HA of Snow Warning, and access to other support moves such as Aurora Veil and coverage options in Moon Blast (fighting, and other Ice Types) and Freeze Dry  (abundant water types) is pretty great. Its fast speed also helps it by allowing the user to not get hit or take negligible damage and set up. Though it still faces tough match ups with fire types (having easy access to sunny day, drought, and type advantage), steel types (being extremely resistant to all of its STAB moves, type advantage, and general ease in dispelling Aurora Veil through brick break and defog in skarmory, and lastly water types (type resistant, easy access to drizzle, and needing either moon blast or freeze dry to cover up type effectiveness).

9 hours ago, lurkingshade said:

@Champion Charmander Hi just started your game! But if you still want suggestions for moves, I have a suggestion for my beloved ice type!

Name: Snow Squall

Type: Ice

Makes no contact.

Power: 60

Acc.: 100

PP: 30 (Max 48)

Potential Text 1: The user summons strong freezing gusts of wind and ice at its opponents allowing for the user to hide within the flurry.  The damage is boosted to 90 under the hail weather condition.

Potential Text 2: The user summons strong freezing gusts of wind and ice at its opponents, disorienting them, and obscuring their vision. The damage is boosted to 90 under the hail weather condition.

Side effect: Raises user and allies' evasion by 1 stage. OR similarly decreases accuracy for all opponents by 1 stage.

Effected by the abilities: Cloud Nine, Keen Eye, Compound Eyes, Shield Dust, Unaware

Reasoning: I think it fits thematically with the theme of ice being the fragile, technical, and beautiful type. The faults of the ice typing are due to its low defenses and lack of resistances. The typing itself is also known for its reliance on snow-like weather conditions moves such as hail, blizzard, and aurora veil. So to combine these aspects, Snow Squall allows for the ice type to cover up its defenses through the catch all- and hated mechanic of RNG while not making ice types bulky (which defeats its theme unless you're talking about the walking glacier of a pokemon Avalugg). Its low normal base damage is to negate the versatility of it as several of the main ice type opponents resist it, and 60 BP even with a high SPA is more akin to chip damage to them. Though its ability to be boosted during hail lends itself to a more strategic, competitive aspect by giving access to a higher damage output under a generally rare condition (unless you use alolan ninetails or other snow warning mons). 

I can see this being a core move of alolan Ninetails as she is the epitome of the fighting style of ice type- fragile and technical. Having access to Snowsquall, combined with its HA of Snow Warning, and access to other support moves such as Aurora Veil and coverage options in Moon Blast (fighting, and other Ice Types) and Freeze Dry  (abundant water types) is pretty great. Its fast speed also helps it by allowing the user to not get hit or take negligible damage and set up. Though it still faces tough match ups with fire types (having easy access to sunny day, drought, and type advantage), steel types (being extremely resistant to all of its STAB moves, type advantage, and general ease in dispelling Aurora Veil through brick break and defog in skarmory, and lastly water types (type resistant, easy access to drizzle, and needing either moon blast or freeze dry to cover up type effectiveness).

It looks good. Thanks for sharing.

There is a level up bug in the game and if you start a new game you have to give in your name two times.

Spoiler

The game just freeze

728254313_Screenshot(8).png.a9ffb8a8653de20c81f0c59a615d94fb.png

The door doesn`t work

708630442_Screenshot(11).png.e2951f2f7e8a2f26230c3068b4828b0e.png

11 hours ago, Raion said:

There is a level up bug in the game and if you start a new game you have to give in your name two times.

9 hours ago, Raion said:

Reveal hidden contents

The game just freeze

728254313_Screenshot(8).png.a9ffb8a8653de20c81f0c59a615d94fb.png

The door doesn`t work

708630442_Screenshot(11).png.e2951f2f7e8a2f26230c3068b4828b0e.png

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode Three Part One is finally out! To report a bug/troubleshoot, either directly message me or post it on this page right here.

Probably should have said this earlier, but to start the episode, enter Hunter's Room in the Tangerine Gym and exit. Things will happen from there.

Good luck...

capture004.png

Edited by Champion Charmander