Pokemon Reawakened Official Dev. Blog (New Release Available!)

The game is canceled sorry.

This program was brought to you by: 'CHAMPION CHARMANDER'.

- Beta Tester -

You get access to the game earlier.

You also get access to extra free stuff,

that comes earlier for just Beta Testers.

It's your choice

- Introduction -

I've always been fascinated by the idea of fan games. The idea that a person

or group of people work together to make a game that can pass Game Freak,

is just amazing. And then I found out I could do my own. I had an idea in my head

for a while, but I wasn't sure how to execute it, and then I found out,

and thus Pokemon Reawakened was born

- Pokemon Reawakened -

Pokemon Reawakened is a fan game made with

RPG Maker XP and the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit.

When starting the game you are on a train, and you

are allowed to choose your first Pokemon.

Without knowing anything about the Avalos Region,

or the danger about what's hiding in the shadows,

you begin your journey

- The Avalos Region -

The Avalos region has never been a peaceful place.

It has never been a perfect place.

A new, powerful force has begun to rise from the shadows.

The threat has started, and it will only continue to grow.

Will you be able to stop this threat?

There's only one way to find out.

- Episode 3 Part Two -

(Release 3.1)

- Check out Discord! -

https://discord.gg/ewTMMpk

- Features -

- Gen 4 Styled Graphics -

- All 806 Pokemon Available To Catch -

(soon)

- IV/EV Checker -

- Custom Moves -

- Difficulty Modes -

- 120 TMS -

- Amazing Music by GlitchXCity & Other Composers -

- Field Effects -

- Gym Leaders Use Two Types -

- Bug Reporting -

If you find any bugs, please message me.

Screenshots are helpful, script messages if they appear.

Report anything that when I fix will make the game better.

- Screenshots -

Spoiler

capture004.thumb.png.ac9fd7ec2f7c00f55c36ff2acccf57a0.png

capture005.thumb.png.1720f5626a03077ad102a1203896e0f4.png

capture001.thumb.png.850ef76602c05f214234ccd8efd3e0d0.png

capture002.thumb.png.e1327530e967737ca9eb106a3be5b529.png

capture003.thumb.png.2eaaa66ac9cdd4becc7433f67038778a.png

- Dev Blog -

Spoiler

Reawakened Episode 4: Ice In My Heart

Miscellaneous: **********     (30%)

Previous Updates: **********     (30%)

Graphics: **********     (91%)

Trainer Sprites: **********     (80%)

Overworld Sprites: **********     (95%)

Tiles: **********     (100%)

Mapping: **********     (31%)

Route 3: **********     (50%)

Rowback Cavern: **********     (35%)

Cyan Cave: **********     (10%)

Indigo Mount: **********     (1%)

Lapis City: **********     (90%)

INSANE SPOILERS: **********     (0%)

Eventing: **********     (35%)

NPCs: **********     (20%)

Trainers: **********     (50%)

Sidequests: **********     (16%)

Lost Girl: **********     (50%)

Other: **********     (0%)

Looker (Continued): **********     (0%)

Story: **********     (10%)

Ice In My Heart: **********     (10%)

Expansion: *********     (75%)

Green District: **********     (75%)

Testing: **********     (0%)

Alpha: **********     (0%)

Beta: **********     (0%)

Overall:

Overall: **********     (36%)

shit is happening again

- Charmander

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Champion Charmander said:

- Custom Moves & Abilities -

- Difficulty Modes -

- 150 TMS -

- Amazing Music by GlitchXCity & Other Composers -

- A Max Level of 150 -

These are the things grabbing me towards the game. Keep it up. It'll be great if you could meet up to all these features. Also, off-topic, but, will this game have any field effects like the kind of thing in Reborn and its siblings?? Not to be fanboy-ish but, I just like them a lot. It's no problem even if you don't plan on inputting them. The other features are good by themselves.

Sorry for the late-ish replies.

8 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Just wonderin will there be some choices and cons?  I rlly like that a lot

Yes! There will be some times when the player has to choose something that will affect the plot. (Like the Police Found & Police Farce Quest). There will also be a Relationship variable used quite more frequently.

8 hours ago, BRS swag said:

These are the things grabbing me towards the game. Keep it up. It'll be great if you could meet up to all these features. Also, off-topic, but, will this game have any field effects like the kind of thing in Reborn and its siblings?? Not to be fanboy-ish but, I just like them a lot. It's no problem even if you don't plan on inputting them. The other features are good by themselves.

FIeld effects will be in the game. There will also be some custom field effects, so look forward to those.

Also, if you can, try to spread this page around so that more people can see it.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who have seen this and supported me. I hope the game sounds interesting. I will upload some pictures once I get a few things finalized, so you can look forward to those.

Also, if you have any ideas for moves or abilities, please be sure to tell me, and I will do my best to implement them.

Edited by Champion Charmander
  • Like 1

@Champion Charmander You keep your cards close to your chest for the time being I see! The game looks promising, from what I see from the little story-related information!

I'm not sure about the IV/EV checker... I'd prefer those stats to be visible, like in Reborn... Having to keep visiting NPCs to check them makes it troublesome...

I'll certainly keep an eye on this! Like the idea about custom moves too, but not too sure about the new Abilities, as it is easy to make it extremely unbalanced... But, we'll see this on the way on! :) 

Good luck in your endeavor! Don't forget to hold a Focus Sash!

2 hours ago, Jess said:

@Champion Charmander You keep your cards close to your chest for the time being I see! The game looks promising, from what I see from the little story-related information!

I'm not sure about the IV/EV checker... I'd prefer those stats to be visible, like in Reborn... Having to keep visiting NPCs to check them makes it troublesome...

I'll certainly keep an eye on this! Like the idea about custom moves too, but not too sure about the new Abilities, as it is easy to make it extremely unbalanced... But, we'll see this on the way on! :) 

Good luck in your endeavor! Don't forget to hold a Focus Sash!

I can add a little bit of information about the plot. I guess the IV/EV checker wasn't very clear. You can check them by looking at your Pokemon. Sorry for the confusion.

1 hour ago, espeon860 said:

is there going to be a level cap system like in reborn and rejuvenation?

Yes, there will be a level cap system. There are only eight gyms (don't worry, episodes will be have A LOT in them) . For example, after defeating a certain story arc the episode may be 1/3 complete, and the cap will rise a few levels allowing the player to level their Pokemon more. Hope that explains it.

Just now, Champion Charmander said:

I can add a little bit of information about the plot. I guess the IV/EV checker wasn't very clear. You can check them by looking at your Pokemon. Sorry for the confusion.

Add some, but only a short summary :) Right now, the summary is too vague, interesting, but can get better! 

Ohhh I see (about IV/EVs). That's great then!

I also think you should add a short summary of the plot. I suggest you focus the summary on the unique parts of the plot that set your game apart from other games. With all the new fan games being posted recently, your best bet to rise ahead is to show us something unique and appealing about your story. Like @Jess said, the summary is too vague, so people will just see the post and think "cool, a new fan game", but then it will just enter the back of their mind with many of the other new fan games being created. I trying to make the game stand out a little bit more with your intro so that it doesn't get swept away. Your plot intro right now is interesting, but it is the kind of thing everyone is used to seeing. Anyways, I am definitely liking the 150 level cap and difficulty modes. Just make sure you have enough interesting gameplay to cover that many levels. You don't want to realize half-way through that the player will never reach level 150 within the planned story.

Edited by Matt_

Well you are being realistic which is good.  At this point we have passed to the phase where we appreciate if something offers a fresh shade of the same base rather than something extraordinarily original. 

Yours seem to have elements that offer that freshness.  I just wish ppl would stray abit from the whole badge get evil team fight but it has been successful so far so that's something at least.

I'm positive towards it and will definitely  play episode 1.  

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...I don't realize you have released Episode One. But I'm busy right now, perhaps later. Good luck for Episode 2! (Also you might want to make a status or bump in Discord to announce your release? Not a bad thing to try, I think.)

Well, I have an idea. How about Whirlpool Strike

Type: Water

Power: 80

Acc.: 100

PP: 15

Attribute: Physical

Priority: 0

Affected by Protect, Detect and the like.

Boosted by Tough Claws

Makes contact.

The user releases a giant, expanding whirlpool with its hydro-kinetic abilities, which cuts through the opponent. It destroys Protect or any screens set-up by the opponent but does half the damage in such a situation. Never misses on a slower opponent. Affects the opponent with a whirlpool condition, unless it was behind protect, screens, etc. The user, if not water-type, has a 40% chance of getting confused.

6 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Well, I have an idea. How about Whirlpool Strike

Type: Water

Power: 80

Acc.: 100

PP: 15

Attribute: Physical

Priority: 0

Affected by Protect, Detect and the like.

Boosted by Tough Claws

Makes contact.

The user releases a giant, expanding whirlpool with its hydro-kinetic abilities, which cuts through the opponent. It destroys Protect or any screens set-up by the opponent but does half the damage in such a situation. Never misses on a slower opponent. Affects the opponent with a whirlpool condition, unless it was behind protect, screens, etc. The user, if not water-type, has a 40% chance of getting confused.

That is a very good idea. I'll implement it in right away. Expect a girl in a bikini with this on Route 2...

• Like 1