The Great Giratina (needs a better title.) [Art: Spriting / Drawing, Feedback (maybe.)]

Ghost System

Hi Guys! wanna post my Fan-Art to Pokemon Reborn/Pokemon in General

So I uhhh...had this art for awhile and finally decided to post this right about now, initially i was about to send them earlier here but the "schedule" I'm having is a bit, intertwined because of, "School"

Now i'll be covering the entire details so that it won't look boring, you can check them underneath the spoiler 

Spoiler

Well how do i put this..I uhh made this subconsciously and i just make it with no intention whatsoever, I was just bored and I have this Idea that it came out of nowhere and i get on to it no question asked..I suddenly thought about...

"Satan"

NOW I know that sounds bad but not like "I'm Satanic" in a way, but more literate in a way, So it started like this: 

You see..I've been wondering about the depiction of Evil and, I've been listening to a lot of heavy Metal for a while, and the lyrics, the angst in their instruments, and its overall meaning. Cause of this i thought about Satan.

At the same time, I was kinda playing Pokemon Reborn and remember the story of the game..."Giratina is like Satan there"

"Welp, people are not convinced his the god of Anti matter/Dark matter." but its for the story so..I'll let that slide...

And then, here's the thing that bothered me for a while thinking about that and nothing else, William Blake's Painting..

I know, I know, what about them, well he made a painting referencing about The Great Red Dragon (i may add a link for you to check it.) and he was commissioned to do so, and being a admirer of art, I know what chapter it was depicted from (Book of Revelations, yeah i read the bible but not that much, not that it matters haha.)  

And Here I compare the painting to Giratina..

I don't know if someone else notice this but, Giratina's normal form kinda has a similar pose to The Great Red Dragon's posing, if you face Giratina in front, You may notice how the position closely resembles the position, i find it strange and quite possible that GameFreak knew about this and decided try not to make it too obvious, though, now that i think about it, I really find it strange that Giratina would have a alternate version at the time in among the trio, and the fact that Giratina has a normal form, maybe it means, his form when he appears during the events of revelations..Meh its just a theory..

Long Story Short: It was out of nowhere and it just chained to curiosity to another..

So because of this i decided to make this and really i don't know why i was making this until i reach the part where i decided to put lineart.

I was afraid doing this cause..well satan and stuff..But here i did it and it took a week to ensure that all the details are just right, I decided to give a different look cause i don't want it being a too accurate and make it unique..and i just managed to have time to color this and do some final touches...

but here's the OUTLINE!

Sketchy Girarira

Its already too big i can't even fit the original sketch LOL XD

The ridiculous thing here, Its too big for the entire Forum (but one of my sketches and lineart are fine what the?) so i gotta place a link so that you can see it there instead, It's on my Twitter account and don't worry, nothings bad there, (except my terrible tweets..) 

So this concludes everything about this and I'm not gonna be online that much to be updated about this post or in the Discord for awhile..again...I'll just say hello when i have time lol....

If you have concerns about it, go ahead, i try to make things detailed so no one would be asking too much but I'm open for some "Constructive Criticism" lol 😄 

(If you're planning to, I recommend you to check the extra details/spoiler first. cause it was a lot of process.)

Sincerely, Spooky Machine 990.

P.S. how is this sprting you may ask? cause i use pixels..mostly in the outlining part but the colors are different.

Another P.S. I don't know if i broke a lot of rules about adding links to the post but I state what those links are...pls tell me if its wrong its only my first time 😞 

Edited by Ghost System
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, whenever you check back into the site again, I hope you have a chance to read this. I'm super glad you included your process here and a link to the material you were talking about. This is such an interesting piece! The wide, outspread wings are super evocative of Blake's work, but your own influence comes through loud and clear too. There's a lot of power and majesty in this pose, I think.

I feel like if this were in one of the games, there'd be a cutscene devoted to it. Like, the player reaches the end of an ancient ruin only to find this engraving, and the camera slowly scrolls down it while ominous music plays and some other character is spouting off lore about Giratina!  Anyway, again, this is super cool. I looked at the colored version on your Twitter and it became 400% more ominous, lol.

Edited by Xanthous

it be wild if you put like a player there facing giratina like some kind of hero going to defeat "satan"

I looked at your twitter post and can I just say the wings??? Look so good like the way they are colored and shaded is just wow, no words to describe how amazing I find it.