Pokenations Sets n' Trick by Reignited'Light

ok so if anybody was around from pokenations #2, i made a topic about this too. you can find that here

pokenations with their limited type (only 3 for each nation) has made me think outside the box and allowed me to use things I'd never think of using. I'm only posting my own sets that I used in my matches, so yeah, I'll start! 

560.png
prison break (Scrafty) (M) @ Roseli Berry  
Ability: Moxie  
EVs: 16 HP / 248 Atk / 244 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- High Jump Kick  
- Knock Off  
- Head Smash

I decided that scrafty breaks through most of the Normal / Poison / Ghost types with just HJK and Knock Off alone. the set is pretty standard for the most part. Head Smash literally smashes Golbat (it faints after SR damage+ 1 boosted HeadSmash+Brave Bird Recoil). It has a chance to OHKO after rocks too, but it's not a high chance. While somebody may wonder why I would risk a roll, it's an easy answer. If Golbat uses Brave Bird, they miss an oppurtunity to get rid of my hazards with Defog and if they used Defog, well I can finish it with Knock Off and snowball through the team thanks to Moxie boosting my attack for every kill. The idea of the set is to use Dragon Dance on something, say, non Will-O-Wisp Spiritomb, as they switch in their Mega Audino or something to check Scrafty, use Dragon Dance again as I eat Roseli Berry to weaken fairy attack, then do massive damage with High Jump Kick or coverage moves. 

Anyway guys feel free to post your own sets if you guys want to! Matchup by type alone does not determine the outcome of the game. It helps, but teambuilding is just as important, no matter how badly in a position you're in! 

Shame it didn't really work out that way but that's pokemon for you

Anyway, have a togekiss build

Flinch The Egg (Togekiss) (F) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Air Slash  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Trick  
- Tri Attack 

The intent was to flich hax the other guy to unconsciousness/ disable a supporter mon when things get too hot to handle. Unfortunately in practice, it was outsped by a weak armor kabutops after one of my sweepers was critted to faintedness. But hey, like I said, that's pokemon for you

I think its pretty obvious who im gonna be putting up.

fCVNLsn.png

Kabs (Kabutops) (M) @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Weak Armor  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Rapid Spin  
- Stone Edge  
- Aqua Jet  
- Superpower

KABS IS HERE

kabs was originally meant to do nothing but be a viable rapid spinner, able to take any one physical or special hit and rapid spin hazards away. however, thanks to the combination of weak armor and aqua jet ive found that kabutops could also be used as sweeper or revenge killer, should need be. he would perform subpar at all the rules, but at least he would perform. superpower chosen because steels exist.

@YinYang9705 any particular reason you went tri attack over aura sphere?

sawk.pngmesprit.pngmr-mime.png

Spoiler

X marks the spot (Sawk) @ Choice Band  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Knock Off  
- Ice Punch  
- Thunder Punch

sirens in ur heart (Mesprit) @ Mental Herb  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Knock Off  
- Future Sight  
- Healing Wish

light of freedom (Mr. Mime) (M) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Filter  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Nasty Plot  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Psyshock  
- Healing Wish

Since the nation I faced didn't really have any notable stealth rock users, I thought this was really good vs them. Sawk gets a free focus sash with sturdy so it's really hard to take down. I had dual healing wish to support my setup sweepers in case I fucked up somewhere. So with this, it's like Sawk has Focus Sash three times! When Mr. Mime is done with his job, off he goes to support his friends! GG, Zodiacs!

• Veterans

Image result for noivern sprite

Wave (Noivern) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Infiltrator  
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Hurricane  
- Taunt  
- Roost  
- Toxic

Ended up losing vs Bagel because I wasn't expecting offense. That being said this Noivern set was aimed to handle their expected fat balance/stall cores with Pokemon such as Cofagrigus, Spiritomb and Mega Audino provided it didn't have heal bell, by taunt/toxic stalling them before they could heal. Taunt shut their Golbats down completely, preventing it from defogging the rocks we needed to wear them down. 152 speed evs along with Timid nature outsped positive natured max invest base 110's, such as Dodrio and Heliolisk, which is what they often used. In particular it could chip Heliolisk with one hurricane into the point where Toxicroak's Sucker Punch could take it out, massively helpful given that Helio was the biggest threat they had IMO. 

In the end it ended up not really being too helpful given that the matchup it was brought into ended up being offense on Bagel's end, something specs Noivern was much more suited for. Oh well.

752.png                                                      221.png

Nero (Araquanid) (M) @ Leftovers                            T H I C C (Piloswine) (F) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Water Absorb                                                Ability: Thick Fat  
Shiny: Yes                                                                  EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe                                   Adamant Nature  
Careful Nature                                                          - Rock Tomb  
- Sticky Web                                                               - Stealth Rock  
- Leech Life                                                                - Toxic  
- Soak                                                                         - Ice Shard  
- Toxic  

Ok so here's how I chose these 2 sets:
While my nation was using Araquanid to deal with Kyurem, I wanted it more to deal with offensive Roserade. So I needed something else to deal with Kyu so i chose Thick Fat Piloswine.
Piloswine always broke the subs of Kyu and could slow it down on the Roost turn. After a few drops it would be faster allowing to Toxic it before it Sub'd. Ice Shard was there to revenge kill low life scarfers and Stealth Rocks were there since it was my only pokemon with hazzards
Araquanid outside of soft-checking Roserade and most water types thanks to Water Absorb was also a lure for Ferroseed. It could Soak and the Toxic it making easier to deal since I was packing only 1 fire move in my team, or just Toxic any potential switch since Polaris were lacking Toxic immune pokemon.

Why the sets didn't end up working:
First of all, they didn't work cause I played with them bad. 1st I sacked Araquanid on Sneasel when I could easily KO it instead of setting up webs, when webs weren't even important in that game. 2nd I underestimated Araqua's usefulness in that game after I saw no Roserade since it could deal with opposing Araquanid and still act as the lure for Ferroseed.
As for Piloswine, I missplayed with it hard! I literally brought it just to deal with Kyurem and the second time Kyu was brought in I kept Eelektross out allowing it to get freezed. The burn I got on Kyu was also one of the reasons the set didn't work since I couldn't Toxic it anymore, thus making it useless to the one job it had for the team.

This is what I want to call good preparation but bad execution! Learning from mistakes I guess is another thing you can get from this competition

Sprxym392.gif

Spoiler

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Mach Punch

This is the infernape set i used in my battle vs DMZ.

The set was thought to put an high pressure to an eventual Stall/balanced team, since the huge coveraged alloed him to easily kill cores like Mantine + Gliscor.

Moreover its was able to deal with Mega zard Y, (since he was able to outspeed him and oneshot him using thunderpunch, zard Y that was easily pressured by stealth rocks, and as said before, infernape could easily kill Mantine and Gliscor, the 2 most possible defoggers), Mega Houndoom, easily killable by mach punch, and, always thx to mach punch, he could easily deal with Hydreigon and Terrakion, 2 pokemon usually scarfed.

Moreover Infernape puts a good pressure to rock types, especially Gigalith, that with sandstorm was quite annoying for my Alola ninetales.

Edited by Ghost141

Right, I didn't battle this week, but in the event that I had to be subbed in, I built a team naturally so I ran some heat

Regigigas @ Leftovers  
Ability: Slow Start  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Ice Punch  
- Earthquake  
- Fire Punch  
- Return  

Pyroar @ Wise Glasses  
Ability: Moxie  
Timid Nature  
- Taunt  
- Entrainment  
- Heat Wave  
- Hyper Voice  

A bit of a fun gimmick I had used in gen 6, moxie over to regigigas and boom! A sweep. Stabs and coverage to hit their types and pyroar was a good special attacker that could taunt as well. The only minus is that it couldn't run unnerve, which would've been superior.

fucked up, but this is still heat

Ocean Man (Vivillon-Ocean) (M) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Compound Eyes  
Timid Nature  
- Protect  
- Quiver Dance  
- Sleep Powder  
- Hurricane  

Kimono Birb (Oricorio-Sensu) (F) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Dancer  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Air Cutter  
- Revelation Dance  
- Protect  
- Hurricane 

Oricorio is slower so it can attack with the quiver boost. Air Cutter bc it's AoE + ori has nothing else of value. Sleep Powder is good shit.

starmie.pnglatios.png

Spoiler

round and round (Starmie) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Analytic  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk  
- Rapid Spin  
- Gravity  
- Steam Eruption  
- Hidden Power [Fire]

never out of style (Latios) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Recover
- Earthquake  
- Photon Geyser

Guess I should explain my use of Gravity for Week 3, STABmons. Ideally, it was supposed to support my team's attacks like Garchomp's Precipice Blades, Alakazam's Focus Blast and Latios' Earthquake. Normally threats like Celesteela wall Garchomp and Latios, but with Gravity, I would have been able to use my ground type attacks freely, albeit only for a certain amount of turns. It also was supposed to improve Alakazam's accuracy with Focus Blast so I could have hit the expected Ferrothorn / Heatran combination that was a threat. Dragon Dance Latios was supposed to catch people off guard if Heatran or Magearna was there go-to check for Latios. Latios was supposed to be my late game sweeper, but that didn't turn out well like I'd hope, resulting in my loss for the week. If anybody has questions, feel free to ask on discord. 

Have the eternal meme physical meme physical magnara

Spoiler

Rabbit Shaped Capture Device (Magearna) @ Muscle Band  
Ability: Soul-Heart  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Shift Gear  
- Sunsteel Strike  
- Play Rough  
- Zen Headbutt

there wasn't any real game plain for this one, I just wanted to use shift gear and thought it'd be funnier to use magnara over klinklang

• Veterans

tumblr_ouxspjwiNY1rv6iido1_500.gif

Rachi (Jirachi) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 240 HP / 204 SpD / 64 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Iron Head  
- Wish  
- King's Shield  
- Heart Swap  

This is the Jirachi set used in the Yinyang vs Dragoknight game. Me, Skitty and Drago came up with it as a result of Drago's team struggling hard to check sweepers like Celesteela and Magearna, especially Magearna. With Heart Swap, it could easily shut down any Magearna variant that did not carry Z-Shadow Ball. 64 speed evs were used to outspeed Timid Magearna, incidentally also outspeed Jolly Band Scizor. High special defense investment allowed it to check most special threats bar Specs Primarina's Steam Eruption. It would also provide Wish support for the main cleaner in Keldeo alongside allowing Zygarde to come in more frequently. In practise it did exactly what it needed to, though unfortunately it's efforts fell short due to Drago misplaying with it during the most crucial bit of the game. Set was cool enough that I thought it was worth posting tho.

plan was to wait until after this week finished to share this and it seems we lost already so why not.

638 Cobalion Shiny by 3D-Poke-Sprites

Cobalion @ Leftovers  
Ability: Justified  
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Sunsteel Strike  
- King's Shield  
- Volt Switch

the idea behind this spread and set was basically for mimikyu. my team was unfortunately weak against it otherwise as well as our nation in general gets swept by it if left unchecked. this ev spread gives me enough bulk to eat even a boosted play rough on a switch in and outspeed and OHKO with sunsteel strike since it ignores disguise. the rest is obvious i guess.

Oh I just discovered this thread so forgive me for sharing some of my Week 2 sets a tad late:

bronzong.gif

White Kiss (Bronzong) @ Psychium Z  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Hypnosis  
- Psywave  
- Stealth Rock  
- Trick Room

Z-Trick Room combined with Hypnosis is infuriating to face since it gives it a +1 boost in accuracy. With no sleep clause in Doubles, and no Tapu Fini or Koko being allowed meant that Bronzong's role was to set up TR (Z-Trick Room also bypasses Taunt which is neato) and spam Hypnosis while its teammate heavily damages the sleeping foes. Unfortunately my opponent also brought a TR team so the plan didn't quite work 😞

ferrothorn.gif

Blossom (Ferrothorn) @ Wiki Berry  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Iron Head  
- Power Whip  
- Protect  
- Thunder

Ferrothorn was almost always guaranteed to move first under TR and while it does struggle against Polaris's grass types, it was a huge threat vs their Water and Ice type mons (especially if they brought a Rain team). The last slot was kinda free so my teammates suggested to put Thunder on it so that it could OHKO a Pelipper with no HP or defense investments. Sadly, the meme never really came to flourish. 

I woke up yesterday wondering: "How much of a dick M-Slowbro would be if it had Eviolite boosts" and I realized I could use any Normal type moves, so I came up with this:

772.png

Axe head dude (Type: Null) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Battle Armor  
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Recover  
- Stockpile  
- Boomburst  
- Toxic

Type: Null's amazing 95/95/95 bulk coupled with Eviolite allows it to hit 456 Defense and 360 Special Defense. These stats by itself allow Type: Null to reliably take hard hits such as rain-boosted Crabhammer from the likes of Mega-Swampert and Mega-Sharpedo I didn't calc anything so forgive me if I'm saying some sort of bs.

- Recover is self-explanatory: Gives Null a form of reliable recovery;

- Stockpile allows Axe head dude to further boosts both of its defenses, becoming an nearly unbreakable wall even without its Eviolite;

- Boomburst gives Null the best offensive move Normal type could possibly get: 140 base power without drawbacks. Nothing much to say about this other than a move to prevent Null to become complete Taunt bait;

- Toxic allows it to toxic stall annoying threats that Boomburst fails to do so. Yeah I know I can't toxic the damn steel types (Ferrothorn and Empoleon) but Mr. Pringles were there for them.

Could go with thundy the goat, but

Azery-kun (Hydreigon) @ Leftovers  
EVs: 96 HP / 212 SpA / 40 SpD / 160 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Parting Shot  
- Dark Pulse  
- Core Enforcer  
- Roost

This exists to meme on rotom pls no signal meme: Resists both of its stabs, which is a big deal for eclipse against zion, can roost it off, and even avoids non-exca erfquek spam, just in case. Parting Shot is a great move, lets this bad boi be a p good pivot, and Core Enforcer removes abilities: may come in handy against araq and maybe even rotom

Let's see here...

Prickle Rick (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Strength Sap  
- Leech Seed  
- Anchor Shot  
- Stealth Rock / King's Shield

This here is the set Zodiac's probably been scared about throughout the week. Maximum special defense investment lets it take a Heat Wave from Mega Pidgeot at full health, and Rocky Helmet lets it punish Mega Beedrill's U-turn spam. The highlight of this set is Anchor Shot, which lets it snare any of their dreaded tanks aside from Mega Venu with HP Fire, and easily PP stall them until they're desperate enough to stop anticipating a switch. A fine stallbreaker, I say.

Maria (Starmie) @ Psychium Z  
Ability: Analytic  
Timid Nature  
- Psycho Shift  
- Psystrike  
- Steam Eruption  
- Water Shuriken

I looked at Zodiac's Meloetta (which can run a variety of horrifying sets including CM and Specs) and thought, "I want that Psystrike goodness against those tanks too!" Starmie here does just that. After using Z-Psycho Shift (+2 SpA), it can OHKO Mega Venu and Toxapex with Psystrike, and 2HKO Chansey with it. Against Type: Null, depending on the set, either Psystrike or Steam Eruption can come close to a guaranteed 2HKO. And then I managed to score a burn. Water Shuriken is there to let it not get shut down by Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill, both of which outspeed Starmie and can OHKO with their STAB of choice.

Honorable Mention: Poliwrath and Chesnaught

See, Crawdaunt's slot used to be taken by these two Belly Drum powerhouses. They both get priority and Drain Punch, tanks aside from Mega Venu can't deal with them, but they both face trouble with faster threats. Poliwrath in particular is forced to run both Aqua Jet and Mach Punch to cover everything that's faster than it is, while Chesnaught straight-up dies to Gengar. Crawdaunt has no such problem though, so I ended up going with it.

By the way, Zodiac, missed opportunity to use this:

Type: Null @ Eviolite  
Ability: Battle Armor  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Block  
- Perish Song  
- Recover  
- Protect

DMBY (Braviary) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 128 Def / 84 Spe  
Lax Nature  
- Heat Wave  
- Brave Bird  
- Bulk Up  
- Roost

Right so this set came to mind while thinking of ways to put a ground immunity on the team and I noticed that bulk up + brave bird did work. naturally  I couldn't just do it with regular old superpower due to stuff like scizor, mega aggron, their other physically defensive steels. So I opted for SF heat wave here. It didn't do the job vs. specially defensive aggron in the end but it was fun. Have some calcs:

0 SpA Sheer Force Braviary Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 272-324 (96.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Sheer Force Braviary Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 344-408 (97.1 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Sheer Force Braviary Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 90-108 (28.3 - 34%) -- 98.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Sheer Force Braviary Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 148-176 (45.8 - 54.4%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO

All standard calcs anyways. I also ran payapa on queen b/c of psychic types like garde and delphox but it was standard coverage + rocks.

So there were two mons in particular I was unfortunately unable to use this week. As such, I just wanted to share the heat (pun intended) I made up with all of you. Below are the two sets:

nSbFMYZ.png

Mr. Cuddles (Charizard) (M) @ Earth Plate  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Thunder Punch  
- Fire Punch

The idea of this particular set is simple. Get a switch out from Chandelure and set up Dragon Dance. Afterwards, have Charizard destroy everything. This is the reason I didn't bring Moltres to my fight, as it couldn't learn DD. Earth Plate also provided a fun little boost to Charizard's EQ.

l2fThVq.png

Galadriel (Delphox) (F) @ Kasib Berry  
Ability: Magician  
Modest Nature  
- Fire Blast  
- Psyshock  
- Shadow Ball  
- Calm Mind

I wanted to run this meme set in case Chandelure became a problem. The idea is to set up a Calm Mind, activating Kasib Berry when Chandy attacks. Afterwards, it would be able to attack, steal the likely specs/scarf, and then dominate. Modest also outspeeds most variants of threats such as Nidoking (assuming it's not scarfed), so it would be fun to use just to watch the world burn.

• Veterans

celebi.gif

Haru (Celebi) @ Expert Belt  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe  
- Leaf Storm  
- Stealth Rock  
- Psychic  
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty simple but very fit for purpose. I was looking for a lead that countered most of their leads and posed a general threat to the teams at large. Celebi fit that description perfectly. 220 speed evs allowed it to hit 319 speed, outspeeding all possible leads bar Electrode and Zapdos, one of which is practically irrelevant anyways. Expert Belt was put on as it allowed Celebi to pick up guaranteed OHKO's on even Rindo Berry max SpDef Swampert, SpDef Hippowdon and bulky Band Scizor. The remaining evs were put into Special Defense to aid it in taking Heat Waves or stray Hidden Powers.

bronzong.gif

Futaba (Bronzong) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Trick
- Explosion
-  Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

+

bronzong.gif

Futaba (Bronzong) @ Chesto Berry  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Iron Defense  
- Psychic  
- Rest

The former Bronzong set was a type of all purpose switch in, being able to come in on most threats, particularly Scizor/Mamoswine/Hippowdon and tricking them a Toxic Orb, to either cripple them in Hippowdon's case, or lower their damage output/speed in Scizor's case. Hidden Power Fire prevented it from setting up in the case of an SD set, Earthquake was solely for the common Magnezones they seem to have brought. 

Second set was a meme ft @Alex. OP but lost to crits. Classic mons. 

infernape.gif

Ryuji (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Grass Knot  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Fire Blast  
- Flare Blitz

Here's the mon that claimed practically every kill in my game vs Swampellow. 192 speed evs with positive nature allowed Infernape to hit 330 speed. At that point, it beat out all non-Scarfers but Jolteon, Electrode and Raikou, so I slapped on a Choice Scarf to help it beat them and aid me with another revenge killer not called Flygon. I realised quickly that Physical Sets were prone to getting walled by Hippowdon, but full special had the issue of not being as strong/accurate. Hence why I had Flare Blitz on top of Fire Blast. Not only does it give Infernape reliable Fire STAB, which is near unresisted in this matchup, but it lowers Infernape's health over time into the range of Blaze. Blaze would super boost it's Fire Blast's into a point equal to that of the Choice Specs set. Grass Knot nails Quagsire/Hippowdon and Hidden Power Ice beats out Flygon.

• 4 weeks later...

Sprxymsh547.gif.919853a6d1b8c91a11c0837bf25fcbf1.gif

Spoiler

Whimsicott (F) @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Hurricane  
- Giga Drain  
- Encore  
- Taunt

It was the 3rd time i run Whimsicott in this tur, but this time i didn't run an annoying version, but a sweper/supporter one. It's aim was to block Boosters using encore, block eventual defoggers with taunt and sweep, also trying to surprice grass types (like Amoonguss/Celeby/Roserade) with the Z move. Max speed allow him to outspeed Starmie, and Crawdaunt even after a dragon dance (since his dark type blocked encore and i couldn't encore it). The set worked fine, pity for the Hurricane misses. 

Edited by Ghost141

Guess i should post something here for once

Ligmakiss (Togekiss) @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Hustle + Serene Grace + Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Air Slash  
- Nasty Plot  
- Tailwind  
- Roost  

This 'ere lil' monster is a direct evolution to that  Togekiss set i used back in week 2, and i liked how deadly it was.  This was the perfect format to use it to its fullest potential,  and i'm very satisfied with the results. 

It can afford to go 252HP and bulk stuff while still able to ohko most  threats with a +2 crit.  And max speed allowed it to still scare off sharpedo after a speed boost  if tailwind was up.  

I didn't had the chance to show the set but I was realy hyped for it!

ÎÏοÏέλεÏμα εικÏÎ½Î±Ï Î³Î¹Î± shiny alola raichu

784.png

Cakes (Raichu-Alola) (F) @ Groundium Z

Ability: Surge Surfer

Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Psychic

- Mud-Slap

- Nasty Plot

While Alolachu doesn't really get benefit in S&S, I wanted to bring electric spam vs Valks since they have very limited electric resists. And NP Alolachu + Screens Koko are great for that strat. While a more traditional set with Focus Blast or a tech coverage like Surf for Mega Camel and Megalix would be better, I wanted to bring a heat set with Z-Mud Slap. It doesn't particular hit anything harder at +2 than a STAB or a coverage move but I thought it would be funny if I used it against something like a Mega Zard X 😛 

Spoiler

forgot to post but

Vertigo (Gigalith) (F) @ Smooth Rock  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Rest  
- Sleep Talk  
- Rock Slide  
- Earthquake

So I ran this 2 weeks in a row, so might as well explain both:

week 6: so Gigalith gets a +20 stat boost to everything. Meaning, it now hits harder and is bulkier than Ttar, without the Fighting weakness too. So this not only helped with Zion's boosted special electrics, but also with things like Mega Camerupt if needed, and it gave some support to the team (some extra bulk thanks to sand, Cradily still really liked it tbh). Since Gigalith was better off going in and out, taking all dem special hits, hitting back hard usually, and Leftovers didn't quite cut it as recovery, not to mention Toxic, so I made it a pure wall. Eventually, it stalled out Quagsire since I managed to burn it with Incineroar. Coulda given it curse tbh, for real crocune hours

week 7: another good matchup for Gigalith. Didn't really need to change the set since it did very well against Zodiac too. Walled P2, as well as most of their other special hitters, and this time, even though it didn't have the power boost, it had Sand Stream + Sand Force. So it hits twice as hawd. No switchins baybee. Also no burns bc Rest. And again, no toxic. Fun stuff. Still its main purpose was tanking, so ResTalk again.