Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

Ice Cream Sand Witch's edit (since 3 people have been warned for this in the thread): Just because the Penta-op crew uses the n word to refer to themselves doesn't mean you can use the word in this thread. It's still considered derogatory language under rule 4.

Hi and welcome to the official  thread for the Pokemon Reborn Pentaop. A five player simultaneous nuzlocke of pokemon reborn featuring the following Youtubers.

King Nappy

Jayytgamer

NumbNexus

The HeatedMo

Twitimtwit

Here I will be attempting to keep track of all of their encounters for each area of the game as well as providing an accurate death counter. Feel free to provide any feedback on what should be done with this forum and I hope you enjoy the chaos I know I will.

episode one

In progress as I watch episode

Deaths: discontinued

Nappy 49
Nexus 63
Heated Mo 71
Twit 78

Jay 79

Double deaths discontinued

Nappy 4

Nexus 3

Heated mo 3

Twit 1

Jay 3

Whiteouts/resets one max per battle: as of episode 82

Nappy 10

Nexus 25

Heated Mo 20

Twit 26

Jay 27

alive mons that are supposed to be dead.

3 Nappy

julias voice XD 10:30

next episode monday

• Like 2

something I noticed with the common candies and the introduction to the level cap with the snubbel scene they seemed to gloss over it I don't think they realized what was happening because it was an NPC XD

• Haha 1

Just now, nepeta100 said:

something I noticed with the common candies and the introduction to the level cap with the snubbel scene they seemed to gloss over it I don't think they realized what was happening because it was an NPC XD

True. And they're also complaining about the money they get after winning battles. Wait until they see how long it takes for them to be able to buy anything above regular items. xD They're gonna be SO pissed! Haha. Btw, you should do a shiny count just for the hell of it.

Watching it and...I really don't think they know what they're in for. Julia is going to be a rude awakening...

The Cyndaquil guy really doesn't know how lucky he is to get that one as a starter either.

• Global Mods

It's funny how before randomizing the starter picks, 3 or 4 of them were going to pick a water starter despite being told (and forgetting) that the first gym is electric. one was mudkip, but still

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's funny how before randomizing the starter picks, 3 or 4 of them were going to pick a water starter despite being told (and forgetting) that the first gym is electric. one was mudkip, but still

Yea but it's not like they would have only 1 Pokemon at that point... Maybe... Still not sure yet. xD

10 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

what is so special about cyndaquil in reborn

Major point is simply that it learns Lava Plume, which can destroy or transform a lot of fields, usually turning them into advantageous ones. Don't get me wrong, Cyndaquil isn't in the top-tier Speed Boost Torchic level of starters, but its at least in the top half, which is more than can be said for every other starter that got picked other than maybe Chimchar.

Add on that its neutral against all the early gyms, with an advantage against Florinia and Shelly. Not to mention having a good matchup against the Pulse Tangrowth's. Like I said, not the best starter by any means, but certainly not awful like it would be in the main games.

Edited by wcv

I have the feeling that unless he finds another event  mon HeatedMo is going to get an extra illegal encounter just so he can get the zizagoon after the double battle.

Also they really need to explore otherwise none of them is going to have a full team because opal ward is like one of two grass patches before julia

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So what do you all think about the voices they gave to the main characters so far?

Julia's was spot on.

I've never hear Ame's name pronounced so badly though lol

3 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I've never hear Ame's name pronounced so badly though lol

Really? Half the time I've ever watched a Reborn playthrough, I hear people say it like that. I'm honestly surprised they got Kiki's name pronunciation right off the bat.

2 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

True. And they're also complaining about the money they get after winning battles. Wait until they see how long it takes for them to be able to buy anything above regular items. xD They're gonna be SO pissed! Haha. Btw, you should do a shiny count just for the hell of it.

I was thinking the same thing, hell, Twit got a shiny Pachirisu in the first episode so that count is already at 1.

• Like 1

• Global Mods
31 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Really? Half the time I've ever watched a Reborn playthrough, I hear people say it like that. I'm honestly surprised they got Kiki's name pronunciation right off the bat.

Really? I guess I haven't really watched much in the way of playthroughs, but saying it as Aim seems pretty bad. Amy is close enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mo was the first to get smacked up, did not expect that. Twit's arc is gonna start Monday. they don't even know what they got themselves into

If they get that far, Bennett should get the Cheren voice whenever he talks about Luna. Actually no, that would make the Iolia Valley scene ten times creepier... Inb4 they change it from a nuzlocke to a regular lp because difficulty

14 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

If they get that far, Bennett should get the Cheren voice whenever he talks about Luna. Actually no, that would make the Iolia Valley scene ten times creepier... Inb4 they change it from a nuzlocke to a regular lp because difficulty

I kinda wish they would have done just a regular playthrough of this. They would still deff get frustrated but there isn't that possibility of them not finishing this game because all their Pokemon died.

I have so many emotions over this.

Though everything is overshadowed by my rage at Nexus trashing Typhlosion, my favorite mon.

Seriously though Nappy gave Cain a good voice, and while Starbucks Girl wasn't Julia Jay's voice is hilarious.

• Haha 2