Pokemon Conspiracy (In Development)

I understood your points.Hence started a new game.

Two more bugs:

1.Torchic didn't learn double kick when it evolved to combusken.

2.Draining kiss didn't heal my cutiefly.

About the gym leader:

Spoiler

There was no indication that she would carry a full team and I cannot get out until I win.Hence I am basically stuck with my team.I learned about the point of no return after I am past that point.

There was also no indication that level cap existed.I only knew about it when the gym guy said about the reward.

6 hours ago, Yagami said:

I understood your points.Hence started a new game.

Two more bugs:

1.Torchic didn't learn double kick when it evolved to combusken.

2.Draining kiss didn't heal my cutiefly.

About the gym leader:

Reveal hidden contents

There was no indication that she would carry a full team and I cannot get out until I win.Hence I am basically stuck with my team.I learned about the point of no return after I am past that point.

There was also no indication that level cap existed.I only knew about it when the gym guy said about the reward.

Yeah those are both mistakes on my part. And both should be fixed in the patch which should be available later today. The learnsets of all the Gen 3 starters were bugged and I had no idea.

If you don't want to wait for the patch you can post your save file and I can fix your Combusken for you.

In regards to the Gym leader, you're not stuck. You just cant leave until you either win or lose the battle. Losing should take you back to the last Pokemon center/Healing station you used. And winning will allow the policeman's Abra to teleport you back to the entrance.

Will also be adding the level caps to the trainer card in the patch.

I loved playing through this. This is honestly one of my favorite Pokémon Fan Made Games. The somewhat real life mugshots was weird at first but now that I've played through the whole thing, I can say that it's grown on my and I like that. Music is EXCELLENT btw. Ohh yes. I know you already know about most of the bugs but there were 2 areas in the game where you would go into battle but instead of the battle music playing, the overworld music just kept playing. It's not game breaking but just thought you should know. 1 of them happens in the school with a nurse in that area but I can't remember where the other one was. I can't wait for the Chapter 1 or Episode 1 or whatever you're calling them comes out next. I'm super excited. Good luck to finishing your game. :)

• Thanks 1

Patch 0.1 is now available.

-Fixed a bug where using the vending machines crashes the game

-Removed all berry plants until I figure out what the issue is

-Fixed a bug where the Berry Vendor in Roseland would crash the game.

-Fixed an autotile error that would display endless messages on most indoor maps

-Fixed the learnsets of the Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip lines

-Fixed Some passibility errors

-Added level caps to the trainer card

-Fixed Draining kiss, Kinetic Overload and Fortify

-Fixed an error where the Mimikyu mystery egg would crash the game

1 hour ago, aGoodCabinet2 said:

Who's that guy you used for the mugshot of Leo? He's.....kinda cute

I'm not sure honestly haha. I tried looking into that but to no avail. He's an excellent representation of Leo though.

50 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

I loved playing through this. This is honestly one of my favorite Pokémon Fan Made Games. The somewhat real life mugshots was weird at first but now that I've played through the whole thing, I can say that it's grown on my and I like that. Music is EXCELLENT btw. Ohh yes. I know you already know about most of the bugs but there were 2 areas in the game where you would go into battle but instead of the battle music playing, the overworld music just kept playing. It's not game breaking but just thought you should know. 1 of them happens in the school with a nurse in that area but I can't remember where the other one was. I can't wait for the Chapter 1 or Episode 1 or whatever you're calling them comes out next. I'm super excited. Good luck to finishing your game. :)

Thanks for the feedback. It warms my heart to hear that you consider my game one of your favorites. I wish I had read your comment before I uploaded the patch :( oh well... theres always next patch.

Also, I intend to begin the development of Chapter 1 sometime in January. Thanks again for the kind words!

Edited by Enigma Shot U

2 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Thanks for the feedback. It warms my heart to hear that you consider my game one of your favorites. I wish I had read your comment before I uploaded the patch :( oh well... theres always next patch.

Also, I intend to begin the development of Chapter 1 sometime in January. Thanks again for the kind words!

You're welcome and it's alright. Like I said, it's not game breaking. And sweet! That's the month I was born in! :D Haha.

• Like 1

3 hours into the game and loving it! Feels very well-balanced, I'm *very* excited about the storyline and to see how you flesh out the themes of racism and conspiracies!  Seriously, precious few video games deal with real world issues, and of them, even fewer touch on racism in a meaningful way.  Way to be bold!

Let me know if you ever want a playtester!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGoodCabinet2 said:

where  can i download the patch?

The most current version of the game will always be in the first post.

5 hours ago, PicklesThePikachu said:

3 hours into the game and loving it! Feels very well-balanced, I'm *very* excited about the storyline and to see how you flesh out the themes of racism and conspiracies!  Seriously, precious few video games deal with real world issues, and of them, even fewer touch on racism in a meaningful way.  Way to be bold!

Let me know if you ever want a playtester!!

I'm glad that you're enjoying it. I was worried that the story might not translate well to a lot of people but I've heard mostly good things so far. And I'll definitely keep the playtest offer in mind.

• Like 1

Well I finished the prologue. It was very enjoyable and I'm very excited about future installments. If I were to describe in a single word that differentiate this game from the other fangames, it would be realism. Your game feels a bit more realistic compared to other fangames. The faces annoyed me a bit too much so I changed those, so I'm happy they are just placeholders.

First I'm happy with the achievement system. It seems like an interesting evolution of desolations credit system (if that were the inspiration comes from?).  Not all achievements are fitting though, the stealth one can be cheesed with quicksaves. I assume that in future installments the achievements are going to be expanded. The story is fine in my opinion. It is interesting and seems to be progressing nicely. The characters are very likeable and seems to fit their age. The talking protagonist is cool as well. The more realistic setting (school and stuf) seems like fun, it is a bit of a shame that we're deviating so fast from it. Still I'm excited for future installments to revisit this element. Finally he maps are designed very well and are very appealing. They are also packed decently with intuïtive events. The audino's are a very nice touch. The bigger but locked up city of roseland is certainly more realistic. 

There are some major issues I have left though.

First are the available pokemon. To make it very simple they are too good for a game with achievement pokemon. Why would I buy a spoink when I can find a goomy in the wild? An achievement pokemon seems more like a niche pick. Same with items I already have rocky helmet and leftovers. I got way too much good stuff already. I mean I have gyarados already and 115 gemini coins unspend. I have seen fangame that do worse but I feel  for the achievemnt system that you need to tighten with how good the pokemon/items you can catch/find are.

Second are the major battles. I have Taela first battle and Sakura in mind. With Taela the choice of giving her a ghost starter (and steel on top) makes it very awkward to fight. At these levels you are very confined in movepool so a lot of pokemon are useless because of it. The illegal movepool to give ultimate coverage makes it even more unfair. Even if the battle is supposed to be difficult, I feel that this isn't the way to do it. I get a similar feeling for Sakura. It is a staple of overpowered pokemon, extended movepools, illegal movepools and weather. 

Finally I have some small gripes:

- I feel that 20 is a bit tto much for the level cap even with only 4 mons I didn't reach it. I feel that 17~18 would be a bit better. Right now at the end my team is full level 25 so that would help as well.

- The custom moves feel a bit too early.

- Trish can't find her contacts even after a full day.

- STEALTH SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I still found some bugs all these were before the new version:

- Your battle manor leader can't use the reverse field, it keeps spamming super effective movves

- Freeze -dry created grass terrain

- Ribombee does not learn pollen pluff on evolution

- Gyarados has it ORAS movepool

- Chikorita has fortify as an egg move

- A whole bunch of passibility errors (I know some are still there after the patch): Conspiracy passing errors.zip ( can yo u say when you have dowloaded this zip? It takes a bit of attachment space).

- Sister's dissapearing act

Spoiler

Conspiracy24.PNG.2bdb17faf080ff7e9d7c9f0215315467.PNGConspiracy25.PNG.55ced866b2ada24fb8be8c7d444288c0.PNG

- Male faces for female character:

Spoiler

Conspiracy11.PNG.381b7d1d1559bc12e57d75617b02c377.PNGConspiracy10.PNG.b77033684fb4bbe8bf6d302e60ebdc46.PNG

-Spelling errors?

Spoiler

Conspiracy9.PNG.80976e2f7d94b21188204f152d456210.PNGConspiracy4.PNG.256b96072cf2925955ed188e6905feaf.PNG

Welp that took longer than I thought. Still don't make the long minus/bug fool you. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I feel there is a lot of potential here hence the list. Well I'm off to a mono-dragon run of this game.

Edited by FairFamily
Remembered 2 bugs
  • Thanks 1

@FairFamily Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that the good outweighs the bad in your review.

The Achievement system was indeed influenced by the credit system in Desolation! I had mixed emotions about the stealth area myself but I decided to leave it since it is still the beginning of the game. Wanted to save some of my more evil ideas for later chapters. There's actually a second stealth area that you can access only if you play as a male Character so be on the lookout for that.

With the Gemini shop rewards, I kinda figured that the average person will only be able to purchase maybe 2 or 3 items plus Axes and I thought that would be efficient enough for the prologue.

Also a lot of the good POKéMON in the wild are pretty rare. 2% chance for Goomy, 1% for fletchling and 1% for a Heracross. So I figured I could make a few more unique/Good Mons available to everyone.

The first battle against Teala isn't meant to be won, its meant more so to prepare you for the battle against her near the end of the chapter where you do have to beat her to proceed.

I'm not too sure about Sakura... are you saying she's too difficult?

That's a lot of passiblity errors... :o Thanks for that. I'll get on those asap. (Downloaded the Zip)

The move and learnsets of several POKéMON aren't correct from what I've been hearing so I'll get on that too.

I gave Chikorita Fortify purposely, because I know some people including myself uses it to tank.

The inverse field is actually story related, so I can't remove that. However that spoink you mentioned may be of some use here.

I'll try to get this all sorted out for the next patch. Thanks dude, and good luck with the monorun!

@Enigma Shot U I just worry that people will not buy future achievement stuff simply because they got a good team already.  Also can't the achievement system serve that purpose: the distributor of good stuff but not everything at the same time?

For Sakura I do think she's too difficult. Basically she got mons and moves that she shouldn't have because they are too strong. 

Understandle about the reverse field. Still why buy a Spoink when the AI is just terrible on it? Besides I do think that exegcute is better there. If the ai then goes for brave bird, flame thrower randomly then exegcute is ready for it. 

6 hours ago, FairFamily said:

@Enigma Shot U I just worry that people will not buy future achievement stuff simply because they got a good team already.  Also can't the achievement system serve that purpose: the distributor of good stuff but not everything at the same time?

For Sakura I do think she's too difficult. Basically she got mons and moves that she shouldn't have because they are too strong. 

Understandle about the reverse field. Still why buy a Spoink when the AI is just terrible on it? Besides I do think that exegcute is better there. If the ai then goes for brave bird, flame thrower randomly then exegcute is ready for it. 

I get what you mean.

I may lower the amount of coins you receive in the next update.

And I didn't think Sakura was too bad personally but I may nerf her a bit if more people agree with your statement.

Lol I actually forgot about exegcute, yeah he would be pretty good too.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, CynTheSylveon said:

I've mostly finished the prologue. All I have left to do is find the Zorua. 

@CynTheSylveon, where do you find karrablast?  I'm stuck on the sidequest to get an exp. share :/

Also @Enigma, I found Sakura to be a very fun challenge, not too difficult, not too easy.  Idk how difficult it would be, but would you consider having normal / hard modes for the game as compromise?

Edited by PicklesThePikachu

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, PicklesThePikachu said:

@CynTheSylveon, where do you find karrablast?  I'm stuck on the sidequest to get an exp. share :/

Also @Enigma, I found Sakura to be a very fun challenge, not too difficult, not too easy.  Idk how difficult it would be, but would you consider having normal / hard modes for the game as compromise?

Karrablast can be found on Route 1. I believe you can encounter them at any time of day. 

I found Zorua for the first time, but I can't seem to find it the second time. I've interacted with every Pokemon on every map as far as I know, unless there are others besides Combee/Volbeat & Illumise (and Murkrow but that's a different sidequest) who show up in the overworld at specific times of day. Would anyone know Zorua's second disguise/location? 

7 hours ago, PicklesThePikachu said:

I have considered this honestly however if it were to be added it would probably be a few updates from now.

7 hours ago, CynTheSylveon said:

I found Zorua for the first time, but I can't seem to find it the second time. I've interacted with every Pokemon on every map as far as I know, unless there are others besides Combee/Volbeat & Illumise (and Murkrow but that's a different sidequest) who show up in the overworld at specific times of day. Would anyone know Zorua's second disguise/location? 

I'll give you some hints, then you'll have to do the rest yourself. You're a smart girl so I'm sure you can handle it.

1.Combee/Volbeat

2.Porygon2

3.Metapod

4.Psyduck

Happy hunting.

• Global Mods
57 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

I'll give you some hints, then you'll have to do the rest yourself. You're a smart girl so I'm sure you can handle it.

1.Combee/Volbeat

2.Porygon2

3.Metapod

4.Psyduck

Happy hunting.

Thanks! I was able to find it with those clues. 

The Zorua search led me to finding another bug too. The game crashes when initiating a battle with Nightmare Gengar in the virtual graveyard. 

30 minutes ago, CynTheSylveon said:

Thanks! I was able to find it with those clues. 

The Zorua search led me to finding another bug too. The game crashes when initiating a battle with Nightmare Gengar in the virtual graveyard. 

That's not a bug. The nightmare Gengar isn't supposed to be reachable until you have 3 badges which is currently impossible.

Hi I'm back with some bugs I wanted to mention before I forget them.

- Leech life has 20 base power

- Noibat has his gen 6 moveset

- Jangmo-o doesn't learn shadow claw by tm

- In the dialogue before the fight with Taela deerling is misspelled deering

- In the dialogue after fighting Taela there is an "im" instead "I'm"

- In the caeser cafe there is a dialogue with "splindid"

Edited by FairFamily

6 hours ago, FairFamily said:

Hi I'm back with some bugs I wanted to mention before I forget them.

- Leech life has 20 base power

- Noibat has his gen 6 moveset

- Jangmo-o doesn't learn shadow claw by tm

- In the dialogue before the fight with Taela deerling is misspelled deering

- In the dialogue after fighting Taela there is an "im" instead "I'm"

Leech Life has 80 base power as of Gen 7.

Well I finshed the male run. I'm very happy with the amount of differences between genders. The only thing that is left is too find out how to get "praise the sun".

Spoiler

I am surprised you don't get gemini coins for breaking in and stealing a drive. Gemini coins are lore wise connected to ones fate. It is just weird that an event is not tied to our fate.

Spoiler

Also is hidden power a female exclusive tm (like thief is) because I forgot how I found it and didn't find it in my male run.

A few extra small remarks:

- I did notice that for strict day seperation it is weird that the world doesn't change accordingly. For instance does the food inspecter need to be there for a whole week or something? Same with the girl with contacts.

- if you lose a fight in the battle house the elevator does not reset.

- Cut cannot be used outside battle

Spoiler

- After being save by your teacher you can reenter the vr room for free since the exit dialogue is presented.

- mystical fire does not reduce special attack