[POLL] Give A Gym Leader A Starter

Q-Jei

Flannery's Starter  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter should be chosen by Flannery?

• Charmender
    • Cyndaquil
    • Torchic
    • Chimchar
    • Tepig
    • Fennekin
    • Litten

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/18 at 10:00 PM

Good day everyone! This is Q-Jei!

I'm here because I need you and your opinion concerning some features for my written run in Reborn, or should I say Flannery's run. I've already planned to make her leave from Hoenn at the end of a short season of four episodes called 'Departure Arc' which implies a return to the present timeline when Flannery and Winona are grown up. But here is the thing, I would like to make her arrival in Reborn with three Pokemon. Two of them will be her dearest fighting partners (I'll let you guess who it could be), but the extra one will be a starter she will obtain at the end of a special event that I'm working on. It will affect the Grand Hall itself.

This is not the only feature of this run. I've also decided to add some extra events including custom Pokemon battles with brand new characters. If you agree, I'll send you an overview of what they look like. Meanwhile, I need to be clear on the Fire Type Starter who fits Flannery the most. That's why I've decided to run a poll. Don't hesitate to give me your feedback, I welcome any comment or suggestion.

Thanks for those who still support this project from the start and for my other future readers! Don't be shy and express yourself :)

Edited by Q-Jei

Charmander, because her Grandpa had a Typhosion and I bet Flanery wanted to be like him without copying him and considering Typhosion and Regular Charizard have the same stats...

I really think that Cyndaquil fits really well with her, you know Cyndaquil kinda reminds me of her own story like she always used to look up to her grandpa and Cyndaquil is like that too with Typhlosion so yea it really makes sense also considering with torchic she will have 3 fighting types.

Anyways, moving on, to guess for the two fighting type pokemon she has im guessing its medicham and toxicroak?

29 minutes ago, mrdynamo1211 said:

I really think that Cyndaquil fits really well with her, you know Cyndaquil kinda reminds me of her own story like she always used to look up to her grandpa and Cyndaquil is like that too with Typhlosion so yea it really makes sense also considering with torchic she will have 3 fighting types.

Anyways, moving on, to guess for the two fighting type pokemon she has im guessing its medicham and toxicroak?

Fighting Types? I guess you mean Fire Type Pokemon. Flannery is the Fire Gym Leader of Hoenn, she doesn't use any Medicham or Toxicroak. If you want a clue, one of the answers has already been quoted several episodes ago.

Edited by Q-Jei

Cyndaquil sounds nice. Because she has burning passion on her back?

I never play B/W but if she already had Blaziken, wouldn't a new partner in new journey is better?

Torchic for me gets my vote due to multiple reasons; for one, why not start her off with a more fitting pokemon than one you can get in the region that you fight her? Regardless, I wonder what fire types she'll go with... other than possibly grabbing a Torkoal.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, Savo said:

Torchic for me gets my vote due to multiple reasons; for one, why not start her off with a more fitting pokemon than one you can get in the region that you fight her? Regardless, I wonder what fire types she'll go with... other than possibly grabbing a Torkoal.

You’re partly right with Torkoal as a travel companion. The second one is harder to guess cause I didn’t mention it until now. It will be revealed further in the story.

And wow, I did not expect such an attention to be paid to Fennekin! Torchic heads the poll for now. Also, I’ve just finished to work on the second custom character of the run, she was relatively complicated to design, especially for the VS Sprite.

Thanks again for the votes!