Hey Everyone! I'm a Small PokeTuber That Just Found This Community!

avrona

Hey everyone,

So I'm in a very unique position in terms of where I am as a Pokemon fan, as the only Pokemon game I have played has been Pokemon GO. This isn't because I haven't found the games appealing, but because I simply never owned a 3DS, DS, or a Gameboy. However playing Pokemon GO made me want to play more Pokemon, so soon after I started playing the Pokemon TCG, and it was so fun and so popular it has since became the main topic on my channel. I have however played Leaf Green on a emulator recently on my channel as I finally wanted to try a Pokemon Game. So I wanted to become a larger part of the Pokemon community and learn more about it both for myself and my channel.

When it comes to my channel well things haven't been great. I've been running my channel avrona for 4 years now, since August 2013, however things have been pretty bad. As of right now, I only have 228 subscribers and 13k views after so long, despite everything that I have done for it. So I hope in communities like these I will earn more insight into the community or even talk to other Poketubers so I can become a better Poketuber myself. So if you have any advice/feedback for my channel on how it can appeal more to Pokemon fans such as yourself, that would go a long way! 

Thanks for reading!

I... have no advice I can give for YouTube management, but I can say this: if you wind up playing one of the games this site has built itself around (well, I guess Reborn built itself around the site, but w/e), don't be surprised if it winds up being pretty different from what you're used to. Pokemon Reborn and Pokemon Rejuvenation are pretty tough nuts to crack*! 

Aside from that, welcome to the curious lands we call the Reborn Evolved Forums! Please feel free to check out all that we have to offer at you leisure, and above all else, enjoy your stay!

*Note: this advice applies whether you're playing the games casually, or filming them somehow for your channel

Well i'm not a youtuber but i spent much time watching video, and imo the most important thing it's one: trying to be as much original as possible, now i never played tcg, so i can't comment those videos, but if u did a gameplay of leaf green in 2018 i'm not so much surpriced it had not much success, since how old the game is. If u wanna do a gameplay u must do a recent game one. This doesn't mean an old game can't bring u new followers, but it's a bit more hard and as said u must bring something innovative. For example there is another youtuber who still does videos of pokemon emerald, doing some showdowns of different pokemon sets in battle frontier. Said this I wish u gl for ut channel and, last but not for importance, welcome in reborn :)

1 minute ago, Ghost141 said:

Well i'm not a youtuber but i spent much time watching video, and imo the most important thing it's one: trying to be as much original as possible, now i never played tcg, so i can't comment those videos, but if u did a gameplay of leaf green in 2018 i'm not so much surpriced it had not much success, since how old the game is. If u wanna do a gameplay u must do a recent game one. This doesn't mean an old game can't bring u new followers, but it's a bit more hard and as said u must bring something innovative. For example there is another youtuber who still does videos of pokemon emerald, doing some showdowns of different pokemon sets in battle frontier. Said this I wish u gl for ut channel and, last but not for importance, welcome in reborn 🙂

Like I said, the reason I Leaf Green was my first game is because I don't own a DS or a 3DS, so I can't play/record newer Pokemon games.

Welcome here!
And about that games - actually, you can play DS games (such as Platinum, SoulSilver, ...) on DesMuMe emulator!
There is also Citra emulator for 3DS games but you need to buy that game by yourself and then somewhat transfer it into Citra. Idk how, I never tested that.

1 minute ago, TheLuca said:

There is also Citra emulator for 3DS games but you need to buy that game by yourself and then somewhat transfer it into Citra. Idk how, I never tested that.

Not to mention this requires a fairly good computer/graphics cards from what I've heard.

3 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Not to mention this requires a fairly good computer/graphics cards from what I've heard.

Yeah, thats reasonable as these games can be heavy in graphics.

Some of that games (XY and Sun/Moon too iirc) doesnt work yet. But Citra is rather new emulator so give it some time.

Welcome. 

I will assume you are going to upload your playthrough of Reborn (or any of the fangames hosted in this site) in your channel.   If you are new to the core pokemon games,  you might find the game pretty challenging,  which will in turn make it interesting.   I am of the opinion that the first time someone plays something should be cherished, because he goes in completely blind, without knowing what to expect, and meeting tons of obstacles they would have otherwise be prepared for. If you refrain from using the trade system or looking up "what's next" before playing it, it would lead to the experience being even more pure too!   So, have fun xD

22 hours ago, avrona said:

Hey everyone,

So I'm in a very unique position in terms of where I am as a Pokemon fan, as the only Pokemon game I have played has been Pokemon GO. This isn't because I haven't found the games appealing, but because I simply never owned a 3DS, DS, or a Gameboy. However playing Pokemon GO made me want to play more Pokemon, so soon after I started playing the Pokemon TCG, and it was so fun and so popular it has since became the main topic on my channel. I have however played Leaf Green on a emulator recently on my channel as I finally wanted to try a Pokemon Game. So I wanted to become a larger part of the Pokemon community and learn more about it both for myself and my channel.

When it comes to my channel well things haven't been great. I've been running my channel avrona for 4 years now, since August 2013, however things have been pretty bad. As of right now, I only have 228 subscribers and 13k views after so long, despite everything that I have done for it. So I hope in communities like these I will earn more insight into the community or even talk to other Poketubers so I can become a better Poketuber myself. So if you have any advice/feedback for my channel on how it can appeal more to Pokemon fans such as yourself, that would go a long way! 

Thanks for reading!

Heya! Nice to see another Poketuber in the community. As for your problem, it is a pretty difficult situation to deal with. As a 150+ subscriber channel, I know your plight well. YouTube has made it exponentially harder for new channels to grow with its new algorithm. It's basically referring the most popular channel videos and pushing new channels in the back burner.

All I can say is use social media as much as possible. Try to live stream if you can (especially on Twitch) because there are Twitter accounts that will advertise when you are going to stream if you follow them. This will show your brand to the Twitch community where you could advertise your YouTube channel while doing your live streams. You could also do a YouTube live stream, but I don't know if there are any Twitter accounts that advertise videos for YouTube. There is no 100% guarantee that this will work, but it's worth a shot.

Oh! By the way, with the new Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee coming out for the Nintendo Switch, you may be able to record some videos that the demographic will be really interested in. After all, it is the first home port Pokemon Adventure game (I think...if there is another let me know lol). Live streaming that game when it first comes out will get alot of viewers on you. It may be something to consider for the future.

Hope this helps. 👍