Phoenix Rising Discussion

Sunbean

While Staryu probably is the best overall and Arcanine is a proven great partner, I'll probably try Petill when I get around to playing this.  Probably not the best choice, but I've used Arcanine too much in the past.   Plus, I already have the nickname picked out for Liligant.........and depending on what other mons are available......well, I'll see then......

• Global Mods

Oh it's actually having a release finally? I've not followed it very heavily, but it does look gorgeous. probably won't get to play for a couple weeks, but maybe Staryu just because dual typing? unless arcanine/lilligant megas are dualtypes too

@DreamblitzX the funny thing is that it actually releases tomorrow at 1:00 PM EST. I only just learned about this game, so I'm looking forward to this.

Honestly, though, I'm not a big fan of the starters. Despite this, I'm going for Arcanine. Starmie looks too good, and I've already used Lilligant before in White.

I’ll probably tear up once I see that download link it has been sooo long 😭

I still haven’t decided on a starter but I am keen on having that gorgeous looking Mega Froslass and those super clean Relic forms 👀

Liligant for me. @Walpurgis will aid me on the journey.

from what I can see the art style really reminds me of Clockwork, which is a really good thing (i've explained the one thing I disliked about that game being it's balance)

• Upvote 1

Probably go for staryu. And boy, am I excited by it's release!!!
The relic pokemon also look stunning, and I will aim to get that ambipom. Further than that, it's still undecided for me.

@Zarc The starters are to be found on the reddit page or the twitter page. 
Here is a link to the twitter: 

https://twitter.com/pkmnPR

• Upvote 1

Never heard of this til today (just checked out the site for the game) and wow. I can't wait to play it. I like how they added an LP option to that. That's gonna be fun as hell to record and fun as hell to play. Can't wait! 😄 And I'm prob gonna choose Staryu as a starter. And the Relic Pokémon are awesome as hell.

Oh wow, this snuck up out of nowhere. Between LotA and Phoenix Rising, this is quite the year for projects thought to have stalled.

I'm going to have a really difficult time picking a starter. All three of them are incredibly interesting in their own right. My heart tells me Staryu, but the tactician in me says Petlili.

• Upvote 1

I'm choosing Growlithe to kill all the early wild pokemon. This game may start near a forest, which has grass and bug pokemon, and eventually near a snowy place, which has ice pokemon. I also choose Growlithe to fight off those Relic pokemon which can tank hits and give damage.

Guest Relinquished

Staryu, eh? Well, one of those rare instances, that i won't pick the fire(power) for starter!

To be honest, though, i am really sceptic for any content, that is non canon. And i really hope for full pokedex available, in final version!

So the legendary Pokemon Phoenix Rising is finally descending after, apparently, nine years of development...hopefully the hype doesn't end up with a community like Insurgence. As for whether I'll play it...well, I have exams next week but I could use one of my breaks to play it for a short while...as long as the servers don't overload when I'm about to download.