Takosher

[IC] ANKL. Part 2

Kaede

The blue haired Ustole had been content being quiet at the moment while she was being directly addressed. lt was a bit tiring dealing with Church Officials even when genuinely being cooperative. She was using the time she wasn't the center of attention to recoup, glad she had gotten the time she did to do so. "Given the circumstances, l do not blame you. No offense taken. Friends aren't exactly something l make often." She decided to exclude the methods many of their classmates had resorted to to escape her in the past. Others didn't see to take well to the prior resident leaving through quite permanent means. 

"My apologies for not telling you prior Arturia. Though... the roommate part l only knew about today myself. lt was only a matter of time anyway. Perhaps it's good that she choose to be here rather than... all of the prior residents of our little abode." Kaede was always a bit hard to read even for Arturia, perhaps the only person that'd spent enough time with her to even have one on her. However her earlier statements during the interrogation and Alva's well... willingness to be within 15 feet of her probably said more to Arturia then any words Kaede could. "That also goes for that girl. l had only known she'd arrive when Tys briefed me." as her mentor had often been to this room time and again, Arturia would be familiar enough to know who she was.  "l didn't know she'd arrive this quickly. She's not some normal church official either. She's something.... more. l've heard whispered but... l couldn't say with certainty such a thing was real."

Kaede looked to the girl. lt was certainly the one that had dislocated Alva's arm. The one that Arturia had run after that day. "Understand something Arturia. The less you tell me the better. l have to be as cooperative in this investigation as possible. Even though it's not my desire too, they'll be hovering around me anyway as they seemingly have no information and l was the sole member that was present in some capacity. l cannot lie if l do not know the truth. Her methods were immediately hostile. l'm sure you are aware what means given she'd reason to suspect you of hiding something. l did what l could. And l shall continue to do so to the best of my capabilities, but this is likely the start of a long road."

Lexi

"Oh, that's alright. It's nice to run into you again, it's been a little while." Lexi smiled at her friend.

As luck would have it, Lexi's books were on the same topic as Platinum.

"Arr you doing an essay on Layo too?" Lexi asked, "We could study together if you want."

Platinum

"... Yes, it has been a while" Platinum replied, shrugging off the fact that Aislin practically ignored her question on 'how she was doing'. It didn't matter though, because if there was something going on, Platinum was fairly certain Aislin would tell her. Hopefully.

But, at the younger girl's question, Platinum shook her head, "Actually, I've been researching Layo as a pastime, but it's nice to have another head to share findings with. Aker should be getting a study room for the both of us, but I'm sure we can fit you in too" she explained, before standing up, a holding a decently sized portion of Aislin's books, along with her own.

"A little, yeah. Every single roommate we've had has transferred out after a few weeks." There was an implied, but unstated, "bitches" appended to the end of her words. Something pinged at her about the blush, too, but she passed it over, not entirely unconsciously. Good for Kaede. Her attitude changed a bit, the worry she was carrying about finally breaking through to the surface as Kaede spoke. "Yeah, I understand. It's. . . yeah. For the best." Looks like she was alone, for the time being. She barely knew what was going on with Lilith and there was already so much. A part of her desperately wanted to vent about what had happened today, but there were at least three layers of things that would be very bad for the wrong person to hear about. "At least this is doing a good job of confirming how I already felt about the church." 

"I can't imagine why. Kaede's a little... different, to be honest, but I don't think it's in a bad way!" Alva... honestly seemed a little annoyed at these unnamed past roommates. Of course, she didn't know the circumstances. "The rumors are bullshit." She nodded, more to herself than anyone in the room. Then blushed a little with embarassment. "...Sorry for swearing." She said, as if it was a bigger issue than it was. 

Alva winced a little as the conversation turned back to the church. "...Yeah. I can't disagree on that... threatening death at a drop of a hat? That's just not ok." Alva did not like receiving death threats. She also didn't like that apparently that happened often enough for her to make an informed opinion on it (well, in the first case it was a human sacrifice threat, but same difference)

Sharp

The study rooms were more along the lines of study cubicles, only large enough to hold a small plastic table and the occupants of four chairs. Platinum and Lexi would arrive to find a large chunk of the table already covered in art books with a few mythology books scattered between them.

Sharp was surprised to see Lexi, but saw nothing wrong with a third member of their little study group. 

"Hello, Miss Lexi." He greeted politely.

"Hi, uhh... Sharon?" Lexi responded. 

Sharp didnt mind the uncertainty, and would have only been a tad annoyed at Lexi using his first name, if not for the rage that he was filled with towards the name Lexi had chosen to use for him.

His face went stone cold and he looked at Platinum to ask, "Why is she here?" With any sense of cordial attitude forsaken. 

Platinum

"I see you've got everything together" Platinum said to Aker once she arrived, placing her own stack of books in a free portion of the table, before sitting down herself. It was about that time when Aker turned to her, asking her why she brought Aislin with her, which caused the small girl to return a less cordial look, "Aislin has been studying Layo Mysticism as well. I figured she would be a good addition to cross reference findings" she replied, "and keep an eye on her for a bit" Platinum added silently, picking up one of the books she had collected, beginning to read through it while Aker or Aislin replied, if they did at all.

Kaede

"They'd not usually resort to such methods... l don't know what that girl is but she's not a normal official. She said as much herself. They are desperate so it seems they've broken out some trump card." Kaede mused in response to all the hate of the Church. She'd little love of them herself but at least be angry with them for the right matters. Kaede felt something at Alva's words a reaction even slightly played across her face. She herself didn't notice the half smile that crept across her face but perhaps the other two girls had. Kaede turned her attention to the girl that seemed to be soundly sleeping at the moment or... what she figured was a state of sleep. An unanswered question... one of which she was unsure wouldn't taint her current state of plausible deniability. Arturia was clearly trying to keep something bout this mystery girl under wraps but... she couldn't begin to guess what. She'd hope it didn't tie to this investigation... it'd be problematic.

"I mean, just because I don't NORMALLY give out death threats doesn't mean it's okay for me to decide I should do so to random people because I think they might be connected to my agenda." She huffed, then seemingly started to relax slightly. "And, uh, Alva? I don't think I give a fuck if you swear, for the record." Arturia began an attempt to flop onto her bed once more, and once more was met with the fact it was occupied. She shook her head at herself; with that girl gone, it was time to deal with this. She glanced between her two roommates. "Just. . . Without getting into too much detail, if stuff starts to get real weird, please leave as soon as possible." She leaned down and reached out towards Lilith, gently poking her in the shoulder. "Lilith, you need to wake up, we have to talk to Miss Katherine."

Lilith

Lilith heard a voice reach into the darkness that surrounded her, stirring her awake. It was a comforting voice, one that made her feel safe in a way she hadn't felt since she was a small child.

"Mommy?" she asked groggily as her eyelids slowly opened.

But when Lilith finally laid eyes on the person standing over her, she remembered what had happened. Her eyes immediately shut again as tears started pouring out of them. She jumped upright and wrapped her arms around Arturia before the older girl had time to react. Though Arturia might have thought otherwise at first, there was no malice to the action.

"Thank you." Lilith said between sobs, "Thank you so much."

She continued bawling into Arturia's chest for quite a while before she finally released the hug. She kept crying even after she let go, but her tears were quickly fading.

Arturia breathed a sigh of relief when Lilith's lunge turned out to be another hug. "I'm just glad you're okay," she said, returning the gesture and patting Lilith on the back lightly. It occurred to her that this was an unhealthy dynamic, for her at least. Being gripped with fear every other time she got close to Lilith, but trying this hard to keep her safe anyway. . . Lilith accidentally calling her "mommy" started to make a terrible kind of sense. She was in it now, though, and she wasn't about to back out now. Besides, if it did go the way she was thinking of, she'd at least have done something useful with her life. 

She let Lilith cry it out while continuing to pat her until the girl decided to break it off on her own. Arturia grabbed a tissue and handed it over to Lilith so she could dry her face, should she so choose. "Alright. Uh, if you don't know them, this is Kaede, and this is Alva, they're my roommates. I took you back to my dorm after, er, everything, but I think we should go find Miss Katherine and talk some stuff out with her. Sound alright?"

Sharp

Sharp still wasn't happy, but Platinum's response was enough to remind him that they ha a goal here, he needn't let his personal feelings get in the way. That is, until Lexi spoke again.

"So, are you not Sharon?" Lexi asked innocently enough.

But Sharp was already seeing red. "Say that name again and I'll have your tongue." she threatened, deadly serious.

An high ptiched yelp escaped Lexi. "S-sorry, sorry. I'm really bad at names, I didn't know. Can, can you tell me your name?"

"Sharp Aker." Sharp said flatly, still burning with irrational rage. He continued to glare at Lexi, who merely squirmed, until a ringing sound cut through the tension. Both Sharp and Lexi turned to Platinum to see if she would answer her phone, which graciously deigned to distract them from one another. 

Lilith

"Hello." Lilith's greeting was barely more than a whisper. She recognized them both from camp, though she didn't really know who they were. She would have preferred to be alone with Arturia. She trusted Arturia. 

Miss Katherine? Lilith didn't know why, but she didn't like that idea. But.. Maybe it was necessary. If she didn't go, Arturia might not be able to keep her, and then she'd just go back. She didn't want to go back. 

"Alright." she agreed, "but, um, what about the-" Lilith cut herself off, glsncing nervously at the other two, "What about the milk?" 

It wasn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, but Lilith had been looking forward to experimenting with the formula she'd remembered. On the off chance it worked, it would help Arturia protect her. And even if it didn't, they could at least have some fun making it together.

Arturia looked at Lilith with confusion for a moment. Milk? It took a moment for the conversation they'd had before everything had happened earlier to filter back into her head, at which point the pale-skinned girl turned an impressive shade of scarlet; the second time Lilith had caused that sort of sunrise that day. And she had just called Arturia "mommy," too. "We'll, uh, talk about that in a bit." By Nayru's left nipple, this day was going every single variety of poorly. "Let's, just, step out into the hall for a sec," she managed, somehow sounding more strangled now than when she had actually had the wind knocked out of her earlier.

Platinum

At the continued antagonism between Sharp and Lexi, or the rather one sided version of it, Platinum sighed, flipping through another page of her book... At least until her phone began to ring.

The suddenness caused her to jump a bit, before pulling it out of her shirt's pocket, taking one look at the screen and visibly deflating. "One Extremely Doting Mother" was the Caller ID, which was only one person. Of course she had to call now.

"I need to take this, I'll be right back" she stated to Aker and Aislin, before pulling out her chair and walking off, more to find a less active place in the library to take the call. Soon enough though, after about the fourth ring, Platinum accepted the call, bringing the phone up to her ear and facing her back to one of the bookshelves,

"Hello?"