How to beat Terra

islandboy242

Hello everyone. I am currently facing Terra and personally I think this is arguably the toughest gym leader that Ive faced so far.  I managed to get through here cheap Quagsire but when I get to garchomp, even when I get him to minus 6 from spamming Draco Meteor,  is still able to oneshot me at minus 6 special attack. I also do not understand how she can have a level 78 when we are capped at 75. Below is my current team and their sets. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Yes I know I should probably get rid of Magneton but I am able to take down quasire with it  since Quagsire looses its ground typing due to the telluric seed. 

Tangrowth 72 Giga drain, Power Whip, Knock off, Ancient power  (Rose Incense)

Infernape 72 Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Mach Punch and Shadow Claw (Charcoal)

Swanna 72 Hurricane, Surf, Air Slash,  Tailwind (Wave Incense)

Magneton 72  Charge Beam, Discharge, Flash Cannon, Tri Attack (Zap Plate)

Pilosand 73 Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Earth Power, Shore Up (Spell tag or earth plate) I alternate between the two

Meowstic male 73 Psychic, Psyshock, Disarming Voice, Rain Dance (Twisted spoon)

Well technically Terra is not at minus 6, the glitch field uses the highest special stat for special attack damage calculation (both offense and defense). So even if Terra's Garchomp has -6 spcial attack,it doesn't matter since the special defense is used. For the team I would let that meowstic learn reflect and light screen for abusing that prankster. Also it might be interesting to look for something that can learn haze or clear smog to negate all her boost shenigans (amnesia counts as 2 calm minds due to the field).

@islandboy242

Check here info about her field: 

http://pokemon-reborn.wikia.com/wiki/Glitch_Field

I would suggest changing it ASAP when you start the battle, Maybe teach grassy terrain to tangrowth. 

If you can't do that, then avoid using tangrowth's knock off, infernape's flare blitz, Swanna's flying moves, Magneton's flash cannon, meowstic's disarming voice and using palossand (unless its a physical attacker).

I suggest getting an aolan ninetales with the moves aura veil and blizzard. with the ability snow warning blizzard will have 100 accuracy and be doubly effective. Also a serperior with ability contrary, and the move leaf storm could help with that gym a lot.

• Well I have an alolan vulpix however I have yet to find an ice stone besides the department store? I also cannot backtrack to go to the move re-learner since everybody in the town next to agate circus are still asleep so I dont know if I can reteach my meowstic reflect. Where would I get a serperior from?  I started with chimchar.  It looks like I am pretty much stuck where I am since I cannot backtrack at the moment until I deal with the sleep issue in the next town over.

4 minutes ago, islandboy242 said:
  • Well I have an alolan vulpix however I have yet to find an ice stone besides the department store? I also cannot backtrack to go to the move re-learner since everybody in the town next to agate circus are still asleep so I dont know if I can reteach my meowstic reflect. Where would I get a serperior from?  I started with chimchar.  It looks like I am pretty much stuck where I am since I cannot backtrack at the moment until I deal with the sleep issue in the next town over.

There's a move relearner in the circus, iirc