Favorite My Hero Academia Characters

Wolfox

So, I wanted to share my favorite My Hero Academia Characters, and hopefully others who know the show will share theirs as well ^^

I'm going to share as many as I can think of rn, so brace for impact

1:

Spoiler

Katsuki Bakugou

maxresdefault.jpg

Lord Explosive Murder himself. Seriously, he seems like he's going to blow his top any second.

Joking aside, I liked Bakugou the second I saw him. He has a cool quirk (or should I saw an Explosive one? :P) and has a lot of potential from a character growth standpoint. He could go from being a Villian against Deku to Deku's best friend in the future, and that really interests me. And ofcourse hie Explosive Personality helps too (I'll stop with the boomies now. pls forgive)

Spoiler

Tenja Iida

latest?cb=20170707013941

Emergency Exit Iida. I just can;t hate this guy. as stuck up as he is, he has a strong sense for Justice and proves it whenever he gets the chance. Looking up to his Big Bro ore than Sho Marafuji did to either Judai or Hell Kaiser, he's determined to become a great hero like him.

Spoiler

Shoto Todoroki

todoroki_shouto_by_pranavaishvara-dbj608

So what if you had Zuko, but cooler? All jokes aside, if I'm correct Shoto is partly based on Zuko, and that already makes him awsome. Sharing some key personality traits (like rebelling against his dad), yet still feeling like a fresh character. don't have too much to say anout Shoto really.

Spoiler

Kyoka Jiro

kyoka_jiro_by_gigiedt-dbodgn3.jpg

So here's my favorite MHA Girl: Jiro. Main reason: she's just cool. She's the girl that does what she can no matter what. Having an Awsome Quirk also helps. And considering she likes Rock Music... yeah, enough explinations here.

Spoiler

Tsuyu Asui

flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg

What's there to say about Tsu? She's cool, strong, smart and a good character. of the "minor" characters of Class 1A she easily takes the most screentime of all, and I'd say it's justified. While a simple quirk, she makes the most of it. Also, Tsu is Kawaii. try to tell me I'm wrong there.

Spoiler

Izuku Midoriya

4ROUkGk.jpg

The one and only Deku. While a bit of a typical shounen hero, he is cool enough. From a quirkless and chanceless boy who obsessed about hero's to the aprentice and succesor of his favorite hero: All Might. As the Main Character he's gotten the most screentime thus far and I can not wait to see him grow more.

Spoiler

Ochako Uraraka

ochako_uraraka_by_ruffu-dbdsqtz.jpg

Who can hate Ochako? Like seriously. While not my favorite girl, she is still a great character who wants to be a Hero so her parrents can take it easy. Main love interest to Deku blah blah blah, good character.

please let me, and others interested in this, know who your favorite are. or just favorite.

I think that's a pretty obvious list. (at least if we're only talking class 1A, because some heroes are amazing as well as some other students - looking at you, Hatsume + some who are yet to appear in the anime)

Mine would have different rankings though.

I'm not sure if I can rank them, saying this one is better than that one and so on.

Todoroki is more or less a born main character.

Deku is someone very relatable, a tangible character with incredible growth and a very intelligent and rational way of thinking.

Bakugo, while aggressive, is someone who's bound to have a lot of character development (and is already starting to show, especially in the manga). He's also the one who got to his position without the genes or the help of the Nr. 1 or Nr. 2 hero in the world.

Froppy/Tsuyu, even though she is very well liked, is one of those underrated characters for me, since the "top 4" are supposed to receive more spotlight. But she's actually very intelligent and proficient with her abilities, and she has the instinct as well as the skill to perform. They even talk about her not having any obvious weaknesses at times.

Another (obvious) pick I really like is Tokoyami.

Uraraka and Ashido would probably complete the list.

On the other hand, I don't like Aoyama, Mineta and I really don't like what they've done with Yaoyorozu.

The one's I just don't really care about are Ojiro, Shoji, Sero, Sato and Kaminari, the other ones are borderline between tier 1 and "don't care about"

@Wolfox

Oh well, in that case, I'll make another "ranking", but I'll keep it more 'compact'.

Regarding class 1A, the three I like the best would probably be Deku (it's actually quite rare that I like the main character best; I prefer Vegeta to Goku, Killua to Gon, Zoro to Luffy,...), Todoroki and Froppy;

Honorable mention: Bakugo (I can sense ridiculous character development from him)

Regarding other students (manga spoilers included):

Spoiler

Hatsume, Togata aka Lemillion, probably Nejire as well

Other people, heroes and villains (manga spoilers as well):

Spoiler

Eri, Endeavour for the amazing quirk and the design, as well as the character development I hope/expect to see - still kind of a weird choice considering his actions and how he was portrayed for most of the series, Gentle Criminal - not gonna lie, I've gotten interested in him rather than seeing him as a nuisance to the upcomming events. I think he is quite interesting, and his backstory shows as much. Plus, he has an interesting quirk. Him and Endeavour are probably the mentions I'm unsure about though

• 2 months later...

My picks:

Spoiler

Froppy: frog girls are cool(<3 Eureka from Soul Eater), frog powers are cool and she's a genuinely likable character. I fell out of favor with her after her dumb false equivalency line about how not following rules make you no better than villains because man was that some BS but she's back in my good graces again. 

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u4.jpg

Spoiler

All Might: of course. Originally I thought he was going to be a villain but instead he's one of the best heroes in the show. 

61T422CIbiL._SY606_.jpg

Spoiler

Todoroki: awesome fighting style and probably the best backstory so far. His personality doesn't always shine the brightest but it's not too much of a problem for the role he plays. 

todoroki.jpg

Spoiler

Tsukuyomi: awesome quirk, standout design, cool personality and great taste in style. 

tumblr_o4spu3F6qt1qjfr5qo1_r1_500.jpg

Spoiler

Deku: while he's not the best shonen lead he's one of the more likable heroes in the show and can get beastly when he needs be. Gotta love his determination, and his All Might fanboyism is cute. I just wish he stopped crying so much lol.

71RO5km16eL._SY450_.jpg

Spoiler

Jirou: The other favorite girl. Slick look and powers, and I like how she isn't overly cute or waifish like some of the other girls, she's just cool.  And wow Noivern really is the perfect pokemon for her, huh?

f7247e1ed235092178aa155c726ffc1a.jpg

Spoiler

Mineta, for being one of the funniest things in the show and the heat he gets from the less humorous sections of the fanbase is amusing.

RSibear.png

^Mfw when I walk past a hot customer at work.

As someone who has only watched the anime, I cannot understand the amount of praise Bakugo gets both inside the show and within the fanbase. He's a borderline sociopath(not in an enduring way) and his treatment of deku is abhorrent(remember, he once told deku to kill himself for being quirkless) and completely undeserved. His development hasn't been all that amazing either so far despite all the focus he's gotten and he's still a jerk off,  TBH I find him one of the worst characters on the show.

• 1 month later...

My top four favorite characters are,

Spoiler

Shoto Todoroki: Awesome design, awesome powers and a great backstory.

Spoiler

Tenja Iida: I've always liked characters that were the goody two types and would stick to the rules. (within reason) He also has a great design.

Spoiler

All Might: One of the most well written super hero mentors written in the entirety of the super hero genre.

Spoiler

Ochako Uraraka: She has a cute design, interesting powers, good personality, is a good love intrest for Deku and while not being the type of hero that Stain idealizes, a good motivation for a world where almost everyone has powers.

One of my favorite characters in My Hero Academia is Todoroki. He's a cool character who endured much hardship in his life, due to his father. I also like Dabi; there is much mystery surrounding him. Twice is probably one of my favorite humorous characters, next to Ilda and All Might haha.

Edited by AzureNate

• 5 months later...

@Wolfox You literally listed both of my Neurodivergent headcannons AND all of my favorites in one go. I'm almost laughing right now because of it. XD

I headcannon Midoria and Iida as Autistic (and possibly on top of that Izuku having ADHD but idk yet?) and pretty much the only character I'm ambivalent about is Jiro. I'm sure she's awesome like everyone else but I'm just. I don't know why, I just don't know what to think of her.