SpeedBreed [Rejuv V13.0.5] [Reborn Retired] [Updated 2022-04-17]

Jolteon0

On 4/9/2018 at 4:13 PM, DDriggs00 said:

SpeedBreed is a very simple mod designed to take the endless running out of breeding (every other aspect of breeding remains the same).  It adds 2 things: An egg generator and an egg hatcher.

The Egg generator simply generates an egg of the two Pokemon in the daycare in your inventory.
The Egg hatcher instantly hatches all the eggs in your inventory.

Screenshot:

Hide contents

This mod literally only has enough content for one screenshot.  The left panel is the egg generator, the right is the hatcher.

Screenshot.png.233d1c8ebf06e97bc4fdfae42b2489cb.png

Installation instructions:

Hide contents

0. ALWAYS KEEP A BACKUP.  Although this should not break anything, it is just common sense.

1. Download Pokemon reborn E18 (Other versions, such as Follower Pokemon, Redux, Etc. should work as well)
2. Copy+Replace map106.rxdata to the Data folder and copy SpeedBreed.rb to Data/Mods (If it doesn't exist, create it)
3. Never run back and forth along Obsidia's main street again!

Download Links (v1.1.0)

Hide contents

Changelog:

Hide contents

v1.1.0 - 2018/08/16 - Added support for Reborn's new Egg Handling

v1.0.1 - 2018/08/16 - Changed readme to reflect installation requirements in E18 (mod itself was not changed)

v1.0.0 - 2018/04/09 - Initial Release

Credits

Hide contents

All the Reborn devs

Waynolt for SWM's Modular modpack
DerxwnaKapsyla for Pokemon Reborn Sandbox Mode, which gave me this idea and a base for the egg hatcher code
DDriggs00 for making the mod :P

On 4/9/2018 at 4:13 PM, DDriggs00 said:

SpeedBreed is a very simple mod designed to take the endless running out of breeding (every other aspect of breeding remains the same).  It adds 2 things: An egg generator and an egg hatcher.

The Egg generator simply generates an egg of the two Pokemon in the daycare in your inventory.
The Egg hatcher instantly hatches all the eggs in your inventory.

Screenshot:

Hide contents

This mod literally only has enough content for one screenshot.  The left panel is the egg generator, the right is the hatcher.

Screenshot.png.233d1c8ebf06e97bc4fdfae42b2489cb.png

Installation instructions:

Hide contents

0. ALWAYS KEEP A BACKUP.  Although this should not break anything, it is just common sense.

1. Download Pokemon reborn E18 (Other versions, such as Follower Pokemon, Redux, Etc. should work as well)
2. Copy+Replace map106.rxdata to the Data folder and copy SpeedBreed.rb to Data/Mods (If it doesn't exist, create it)
3. Never run back and forth along Obsidia's main street again!

Download Links (v1.1.0)

Hide contents

Changelog:

Hide contents

v1.1.0 - 2018/08/16 - Added support for Reborn's new Egg Handling

v1.0.1 - 2018/08/16 - Changed readme to reflect installation requirements in E18 (mod itself was not changed)

v1.0.0 - 2018/04/09 - Initial Release

Credits

Hide contents

All the Reborn devs

Waynolt for SWM's Modular modpack
DerxwnaKapsyla for Pokemon Reborn Sandbox Mode, which gave me this idea and a base for the egg hatcher code
DDriggs00 for making the mod :P

it keeps crashing

On 2/9/2019 at 6:26 AM, IceNinjaAlpha said:

Yes

Can you give me some details on the crash (what you are doing when it crashes, what version of reborn you have, what version of the mod you have, what other mods you have installed).

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, DDriggs00 said:

Can you give me some details on the crash (what you are doing when it crashes, what version of reborn you have, what version of the mod you have, what other mods you have installed).

Sorry for the 18 day wait, but since the user you were talking haven't replied back, I can answer those questions because the same thing has happened to me whenever I try to hatch all the eggs using the Egg Hatcher. Once I get a party full of eggs, I go to the other PC device thing next to the egg generator and try to hatch all of my eggs in the party. This appears before the game crashes:

urlbqfx.png

I'm using the current version of Pokemon Reborn (E18.1), I have the current version of the mod, I guess?, and I'm using the Weather Mod, Itemradar mod, and the Type Battle Mod. Are these other mods the reason why my game keeps crashing like this? 

2 hours ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

Sorry for the 18 day wait, but since the user you were talking haven't replied back, I can answer those questions because the same thing has happened to me whenever I try to hatch all the eggs using the Egg Hatcher. Once I get a party full of eggs, I go to the other PC device thing next to the egg generator and try to hatch all of my eggs in the party. This appears before the game crashes:

urlbqfx.png

I'm using the current version of Pokemon Reborn (E18.1), I have the current version of the mod, I guess?, and I'm using the Weather Mod, Itemradar mod, and the Type Battle Mod. Are these other mods the reason why my game keeps crashing like this? 

It looks like you copied the map but not the script. Try copying the .rb file to your mods folder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, DDriggs00 said:

Having issues with the mod I'm running 18.1 

Speed breed is only mod installed currently

Generating eggs works fine but it crashes my game with this

Spoiler

image.png.96694309c2e6f86e5435cf317c027f1a.png

40 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Having issues with the mod I'm running 18.1 

Speed breed is only mod installed currently

Generating eggs works fine but it crashes my game with this

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.96694309c2e6f86e5435cf317c027f1a.png

Looks like it is missing the ruby script. Can you verify that Data/Mods contains the speedbreed.rb file?

Strange. The only time I have ever seen that happen is when the .rb file is not in the correct location.

IIRC, the path is case sensitive. "<pokemon reborn folder>/Data/Mods". 

If that is not the issue, then try re-downloading the mod and copying both parts to their respective folders. 

If that does not work, the only thing I can think of is to zip up your reborn folder and send me a link. Then, I may be able to diagnose it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DDriggs00 said:

Strange. The only time I have ever seen that happen is when the .rb file is not in the correct location.

IIRC, the path is case sensitive. "<pokemon reborn folder>/Data/Mods". 

If that is not the issue, then try re-downloading the mod and copying both parts to their respective folders. 

If that does not work, the only thing I can think of is to zip up your reborn folder and send me a link. Then, I may be able to diagnose it.

That was the first thing I did redownload the mod and reinstall the new one fresh

Will try doing it on a new reborn as well will tag you if that doesn't work I know how to zip but idk if I have enough space to upload it here 😞

Redownloading reborn seems to have fixed the issue

• 1 month later...

@DDriggs00 I love the mod but for some reason in episode 18 if i try to use the egg hatcher next to the egg producing machine my game crashes and gives the error below

My bad should have read the comments, putting the .rb file in my mods folder solved the issue 🙂

I suggest even if you do not have any mods just make a folder named Mods and then copy the .rb file into it, that seems to work for me

On 6/22/2019 at 5:26 AM, Eigengrau said:

@DDriggs00 I love the mod but for some reason in episode 18 if i try to use the egg hatcher next to the egg producing machine my game crashes and gives the error below

My bad should have read the comments, putting the .rb file in my mods folder solved the issue 🙂

I suggest even if you do not have any mods just make a folder named Mods and then copy the .rb file into it, that seems to work for me

Added to the FAQ, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 7:12 AM, Alisae said:

is it possible you could make something like this for rejuv?

Once I finish Reborn E18 (possibly E19), I will possibly start playing Rejuvenation.  I MAY at that point make a version for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 2:22 AM, DDriggs00 said:

Rejuvenation version is here!!

Also, I added a new update that removes the requirement of a separate script, so installation is now much easier (just copy a map)

Tagging @AAAAAAAAAAA and @Alisae because they requested the Rejuv version

Hi there! I enjoy this mod a lot, but unfortunately I have to individually box groups of five eggs before collecting more as the game will crash with an error if I attempt to grab an egg with a full party.

I understand that the newer egg handling feature is seen in Reborn and not necessarily Rejuv, and it works quite well in Reborn, I've used it to death there and filled boxes with eggs many a time. So I'm not sure if this is just an, as of now, unfortunate side effect of Rejuv not currently containing scripts to handle the deposit of eggs to storage or if it's some weird error on my end.

I've done fresh installs of Rejuvs, replaced the scripts file, removing other mods, and other general attempted fix methods to no avail. I myself am a bit of tinkering type with general mods in Rejuv, as well as general sprite edits in both Reborn and Rejuv so I'm not unfamiliar with it from what I can see. But perhaps I just missed something minor, who knows! I am somewhat new/maybe slightly early midgame to Rejuv (having much more experience with Reborn) so perhaps I'm just unaware of the issue, hahaha.

Anyways, to the point: the error in question received when an egg is grabbed when your trainer has a full party, which I will also print for convenience:

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 46, map 425 (Sheridan Village):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message PokemonDayCare:181:in `pbDayCareGenerateEgg'Can't store the egg

***Full script:

pbDayCareGenerateEgg

$PokemonGlobal.daycareEgg=0

$PokemonGlobal.daycareEggSteps=0

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1611:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1611:in `command_355'

Interpreter:499:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Autosave:30:in `update'

Am willing to provide any information if you need it, thank you very much in advance! I really enjoy shiny hunting and sprite editing in Rejuv, and while this is a very minor and super easy to avoid ingame problem (just gotta not pick up eggs when my party is full) it'd be real nice and convenient if I could fix it, 🙂

crash.png

Edited by dasawkem
capitalizations

On 9/3/2019 at 4:35 PM, dasawkem said:

<snip>

Thanks for the bug report. The problem is a simple problem to fix (like 2-3 lines of code in an event), although I may not be able to fix it for a while, my dev PC is in the process of an OS reinstall.