SpeedBreed [Rejuv V13.0.5] [Reborn Retired] [Updated 2022-04-17]

Jolteon0

SpeedBreed is a very simple mod designed to take the endless running out of breeding (every other aspect of breeding remains the same).  It adds 2 things: An egg generator and an egg hatcher.

With Reborn E19 comes a vanilla incubator, and therefore this mod is no longer necessary. I will continue to maintain this mod for Rejuvenation unless or until that also adds a similar functionality to vanilla.

The Egg generator simply generates an egg of the two Pokemon in the daycare in your inventory.
The Egg hatcher instantly hatches all the eggs in your inventory.

Screenshot:

Spoiler

This mod literally only has enough content for one screenshot (per version).  The left panel is the egg generator, the right is the hatcher.

Screenshot.png.233d1c8ebf06e97bc4fdfae42b2489cb.pngSpeedBreed-Rejuv.png.bb42f76a5ec4cb649d8bde06fb2c6ca3.png

Installation instructions:

Spoiler

0. ALWAYS KEEP A BACKUP.  Although this should not break anything, it is just common sense.

1. Download Pokemon reborn E18 (Other versions, such as Follower Pokemon, Redux, Etc. should work as well)
2. Copy and replace map106.rxdata (map425.rxdata on Rejuvenation) to the data folder. If no existing file is overwritten, you put it in the wrong spot.
3. Never run back and forth along Obsidia's main street again!

Download Links:

Spoiler

Pokemon Reborn v1.2.0:

Local

MEGA

Google Drive

Pokemon Rejuvenation v1.3.0:

Local

MEGA

Google Drive

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.2.0 - 2019-08-21 - Removed need for additional script file, mod is a single map now (no different functionality).

v1.1.0 - 2018-08-16 - Added support for Reborn's new Egg Handling

v1.0.1 - 2018-08-16 - Changed readme to reflect installation requirements in E18 (mod itself was not changed)

v1.0.0 - 2018-04-09 - Initial Release

Rejuvenation ChangeLog:

v1.3.0 - 2021-12-22 - Update to support Rejuvenation v13. This version is similar to Joboshy's version, but with the hatcher/generator level with the pc.

v1.2.0 - 2019-08-21 - Initial Release, initial version number set to match Reborn version number

Credits

Spoiler

All the Reborn devs, especially Amethyst

Waynolt for SWM's Modular modpack
DerxwnaKapsyla for Pokemon Reborn Sandbox Mode, which gave me this idea and a base for the egg hatcher code

Joboshy for the base I used for the rejuv13 update
Jolteon0 for making the mod :P

Additional Rejuvenation Credits:

Jan for making Rejuvenation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

or for having to run the bridge to hatch the eggs (Well I used the beryl bridge) and taking a couple days to get something passible especially if egg breeding with a starter or ones that have similiar female ratio of 1 in 8 chances because you end up with a box of males before you get one even

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 9:18 PM, Candy said:

This mod is literally the best thing since sliced bread (tied with all of Waynolt's mods).

I Also like Waynolt's mods!  I am currently working on making this compatible with his Egg Pickup mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have SWM modpack and tried installing the speedbreed mod, no success. Nothing changes inside day care house. Am I doing something wrong? I've followed every step 😕

Nevermind, it worked

Edited by Trufa

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, asterlicks said:

Confirming that E17.1 is compatible with E18's updated modpack and community release for me to generate eggs; however, I was getting errors when trying to pick up overworld eggs with egg moves, specifically the

Reveal hidden contents

Axew and Jangmo-o

eggs.

Are you sure that it was SpeedBreed and not one of the other mods in the modular pack causing your issue? If so, I will take a look at it.

1 hour ago, DDriggs00 said:

Are you sure that it was SpeedBreed and not one of the other mods in the modular pack causing your issue? If so, I will take a look at it.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure. I uninstalled everything and used a clean copy of Reborn E18 to grab the eggs and beat the main storyline, and then re-installed both the E18 modpack and speedbreed 17.1. I should've copied down the error, but it was something about an invalid return on generating egg moves. I have not had a problem with either one since. 

On 8/11/2018 at 6:56 AM, asterlicks said:

I was getting errors when trying to pick up overworld eggs with egg moves

EggPicking was removed from SWM because Episode 18 already includes its functionality; using it anyway in E18 is known to cause a crash when picking eggs up.

Imho it can be assumed this was the problem here too, at least until it happens again.

Personally what kinda annoys me sometimes is the fact that the sound from recieving an egg from the egg generator is teh same as a Hatcher because sometimes my dumbass would try to get eggs from the Hatcher thinking its the generator. I mean after 5 seconds I would realize what I’m doing wrong but its still annoying.

Great Work tho otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, mandamaeh said:

Yep, got the same issue with the script when trying to hatch the eggs. Something like "error with Map 106, NameError". Please PM me how this is solvable, thanks!

for clarification: I have no other mod installed, and picking up eggs doesn't work either.

Did you remember to replace Map106.rxdata in Data folder?

Yes, I did (the PCs didn't show up before that iirc). Turns out the game reverted itself back to an older version through unknown means (I didn't have any other version on my PC other than 18.1) and yeah... that's the reason why it didn't work. I don't even know what version it was, but the old blue-black Pokeball icon was used instead of the "reborn flag"/logo. Welp. It works now! Thank you!

• 4 months later...