The Story of an Unlikely Hero: Pokemon Reborn Edition

Tringus

I'm just gonna tell you guys right now, this is going to have MAJOR spoilers. For the sake of the new rule imposed on May 21, 2015, I am obligated to warn you all of the spoils that lie ahead. I know that a lot of people have read this already, and that's fine. This is mostly for the new people. If, however, you are like me, and don't really care on getting spoiled, then I will turn away as you indulge yourselves. If you do, however, care about getting spoiled, then turn away. Otherwise... Enjoy.

Chapter I: Prologue

It all started when there was a peaceful era in the Reborn Region. Everything was filled with life, until one day... Pokemon were missing, one by one. The Pokemon were fleeing from the destruction of the environment. A massive city spans across the greater part of the Region, once magnificent, now malignant. Earthquakes ravage the town center; without warning the forest grows and overtakes an entire community; and the once crystal-clear lake now flows with more poison than water. To make matters worse, a mysterious force seems to be operating behind the scenes... A force who- although nobody seems to know it- may already have the whole of Reborn in their clutches...

All that remains... is Mankind...

Or so they say...

My story begins with Amethyst, sending me off on my journey to save Reborn. They have recently begun to repopulate the Reborn Region since the Armageddon years ago. Ame wonders who I am. I am a boy named Trevo. She says that the train will be pulling in the Peridot station shortly.

Then... My adventure begins...

My adventure WAS going to begin smoothly, however...

BOOOOOOOM!!!

The train explodes, knocking me out. Apparently, someone caused the train to blow up right as soon as it pulled into the station. Lucky for me, my life was saved by Ame.  Thanks, Ame, I owe you one.  We then wonder who would cause the train to blow up, and Ame accuses Julia of blowing it up, but no, Julia was at her gym when she heard the train blow up. It's no coincidence. Someone purposely blew up the train, in order to blow up the station. Ame tells me to go to the Grand Hall, to find someone that Ame sends me to find.

After Ame leaves, Julia then introduces herself to me, and I introduce myself. Julia is the captain of cheer and pep, and all things bubbly and bright. Talk about pep... She asks if I'm going to take on the Reborn League, which I reply yes. She reveals that she is also the Electric Gym Leader.

I then try to find the Grand Hall. Apparently, people died on that train I was in. The city is filled with water pollution, and all the trainers and people are mean, except a few, which one of them gives me a potion. The trainers at the bridges are especially mean. Well thank you for showing the cruel side of the Pokemon World.

I finally make it to the Grand Hall, and meet Victoria, who helps me get signed up in the Reborn System. I follow her inside, only to find Ame at the reception counter! They managed to catch the culprit of the train blowout crime, and he's being interrogated downstairs. Apparently, he isn't working alone.  There's other criminals.  Possibly a criminal syndicate?  Anyways, Victoria is ALSO signing up for the Reborn League.  However, Ame lets me choose my Pokemon first. BAD IDEA, Ame. She's just going to use the stronger type against me.

I follow Ame upstairs, and she tells me to choose one Pokemon to start with. Why can't I choose three? There's fifteen Pokemon sitting there for a reason... Oh well. It gets EXTREMELY hard to choose, because I like most of them. I end up choosing Charmander, because I hope to get a Black Charizard. I name the Charmander Charles, because I named Oshawott Sammy back in Black 2. I soft-reset the game until Charles is shiny.

By the way, Charizard, is actually one of my Favorite. Pokemon. Ever.  Along with Pikachu, Because Who DOESN'T love that little yellow furball?

I get done with the whole thing, and head downstairs. Victoria wonders what I started out with, but she says she's not going to start out with a Pokemon just so she can beat me, but she knows what she's going to start out with. I know what she's going to start out with, DON'T LIE, Victoria! Anyways, Ame and Victoria head upstairs, while I encounter a creep who calls me cute. It turns out to be Cain, another Gym Leader, or should I say FORMER Gym Leader. He says that he was looking for Ame, and reveals to me that Ame is a guy. But I know that Ame is a transgendered, so who cares what people think? To me, Cain is like Ghirahim, from Skyward Sword. I don't know why I relate Cain to Ghirahim, but I just do. Cain says that its a great time to begin my journey, because something magical is happening. Pokemon have been appearing across the region with abilities that I could only dream of. He says that he's starting over, because he wants to challenge the league that his sister is part of, which I'm pretty sure his sister is Aya. Cain then challenges me to a battle.  Time to battle Cain.

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer83.png.d58d7a0175d1aa275c7934a55bee84c5.png

Heh heh, his Title says Pretty Boy Cain. After Long Hours of trying to get a shiny Charmander, I FINALLY manage to get one. However, its ability is not how I exactly wanted it, but oh well. Its Nature is Jolly, which I did NOT want it to be Jolly, but I hope it will do. Cain sends out Nidoran (Male), and I send out Charles. I feel stupid for not knowing that Charles would be shiny, AND I forgot to name him Charles. However, I will keep calling him Charles right now, because later when I find the Name Rater, I'll rename him to Charles. Charles beats up Nidoran with Scratch, and I win. Cain remarks that I'm cute AND Talented.  What a creep.

After my battle with Cain, me and Cain heal our Pokemon, and after I heal my Pokemon, Ame and Victoria come downstairs. They are surprised to see that Cain already met me, and wonders what we did. Cain says that we had "a little bit of fun". Victoria thinks that the wrong way, but Cain says that we just had a battle. That was all. Victoria thought that was fun, and decides to battle me while Ame and Cain go and talk about a few things. Time to battle!

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer84.png.54488f49765127cd55376a57db585796.png

Victoria's Title is Nature Trainer. I send out Charles, while Victoria sends out Tepig. Huh, and here I thought that I was going to lose to a WATER-type. Old Fire VS New Fire. Who will win? Definitely the Old Fire. I beat the piggy down with a few scratches from Charles, and Charles gets a few tackles from Tepig. I give Charles a potion, and then finish off Tepig with Charles' Scratch. Looks like I win my second battle with my first rival. Funny, Cain's actually my second rival, because I met Victoria first.

After our battle, Cain shows up and tells us to head over to the League Registration area, and then he leaves. Me and Victoria go over there, only to find that Ame already did the registrations for us. She then hands me three things. 1. A Pokedex. What's better than starting off with a Pokedex? 2. A Pokegear. This allows me to listen to music (I wish my Ipod was fixed Q_Q). 3. Running Shoes. I don't know why Ame's giving me these, but it helps. Ame goes downstairs to deal with the terrorist from before, and Victoria gives me five Pokeballs as a personal gift. How thoughtful! She wishes me good luck in the League, so with everything in hand, I set off on a brand new adventure!

Current Pokemon Stats
After LONG HOURS, I managed to get a Shiny Charmander. During those two battles, Charles leveled up Twice, and learned Ember.

004s.png.38c43daa63415b2a72e98e64528dc9d8.png

Charmander
Name: Charles (Well, still got to rename him Charles)
Level: 7
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Chapter II: The Start Of A New Adventure!

After I received the 3 handy tools from Ame, I toy around with the Jukebox feature, which clearly looks like an iPod. GRR, I wish mine was fixed. The Power button is stuck, and I can't get it fixed, DANG IT. I'm still trying to fix it, though. Funny, the one in the game is called iPoke. I get off of that, and walk around to talk to people. A few people even talk about this group called Team Meteor. I don't know who they are, but I know that they can't be good. Most of them talk about Reborn's Pollution. I heal my Pokemon, and watch the TV. Julia's usually behind explosions, but surprisingly, not the one at the train station. With that said and done, I leave, but then there's this guy who tries to sell me an awesome Pokemon for $4000. However, I do not have that much, so I leave.

So many deaths... What kind of Region is this?

I find a trainer to battle outside, and beat him easily. He only sent out a Rattatta and a Trubbish. However, Charles ended up getting poisoned in the process from Trubbish. On the bright side, Charles grew to level 8! I then find some wild Pokemon in the wild after I heal Charles. I find a Level 4 Meowth, which will now be my 2nd Pokemon. Funny, because Meowth fits me pretty well, well speaking the fact that it's the first Pokemon I CAUGHT so far. First, a shiny Charmander, and now a Meowth. I then manage to find an Ekans. Once again, This game never fails to satisfy me. Now, if only I can find a Koffing... which I can find after I beat the first badge... Oh well, Spinarak will do instead, if I can find one that is. I DID find a Shiny Ekans, but I ran, because I have an awesome Ekans already. besides, if I REALLY wanted it, I can just find ANOTHER one. I also found a shiny Meowth, which I catch, but put in the PC. I train the team, and manage to catch a Spinarak, which I train that, too.

Funny, when they said that Pokemon are scarce, they literally are scarce. There's only a few patches of grass where I'm at.

I decide to catch a female Meowth and name it Meowzie, but I can't, because I ran out of Pokeballs, so I kill it. Maybe I like Meowths too, who knows?

I trained all of them except Spinarak. Spinarak is difficult to train, since it only knows two moves. All the people are mean, too. Inside the Reborn Center, there was a gang that threatened me. I watch some more TV, and Gossip Gardevoir has her own news channel, telling about more chaos within the Reborn Region. I watch more TV, and there's a Pokemon channel, with a little Hunger Games reference at the end. <_< Gardevoir also has her own Gossiping channel.

I then decide that I am NOT Going to bother training Spinarak, and will simply do the switch out technique. At least THIS technique works, because Spinarak at LEAST got to level 5. Too bad it learned Scary Face instead of something cool.

I manage to get my Pokemon to Level 10, and finally start on with my journey. I go to the girl and the Snubbull who are blocking the exit, and apparently, the Snubbull doesn't like the trainer, so the little Pokemon runs off. The girl explains something, then chases after the ugly Pokemon.

After that little dilemma, I head over to the bridges to teach those jerks a lesson, and then I battle every trainer on the bridges except for this gang who's ganging up on a Pachirisu. I'll deal with them later. I head over to the Train Station, and battle a few people there. The guards aren't blocking the way anymore, so I head for the houses in the Lower Peridot Ward. I find a Teddiursa, but it runs off somewhere. Ignoring it, I battle a few trainers there. I go into this one house, and battle this fisherman who's actually guarding an aquarium of wild Pokemon to catch.

Anyways, I get enough money so I head back to the Reborn Center in the Opal Ward. I buy the "Awesome" Pokemon from the "fishy" fisherman, only to be suckered into buying a Magikarp. The con artist runs off, leaving me to deal with the Magikarp. What he DIDN'T know, was that he gave me a SHINY Magikarp with pretty good stats and a cool ability. It's level 1, so I go outside and train it.

I train Magikarp up to level 6, then I go to the bridge where three guys are ganging up on a poor Pachirisu. I step in to save the day. First, I beat the first guy's Trubbish within an inch of its life, then I deafen the second guy's Rattata's ears with its own screams, then sniff out the flame of Poochyena's life, making the third guy writhe in agony.

With those three beaten senseless, I walk up to the Pachirisu, who actually wants to join me. I say yes, and it joins the team! I may use it, but who knows?

With that done, I head out towards the Lower Peridot Ward again, but deeper. I battle a few trainers, and I see a few Police officers talking about the crook who blew up the train station. I find a Pokemon Center eventually, and it is NOT like the one I was in before. There's no Pokemart! I heal my Pokemon, leave, and even give 100 Pokedollars to a hobo. I manage to find Julia's gym, but I decide to wait, for I am not ready yet.

I manage to stumble across the Name Rater's home, so I officially name Charmander Charles! I also name Magikarp Hydra. Should I name any of the other Pokemon, or am I fine? Oh well, I leave, and go down from the Name Rater's house. I find a fisherman who gives me an Old Rod. He tells me a bit of a story about Azurine Lake, and how it fell into an acidic wasteland, making the guy move away. Now, I can go catch some Pokemon at the Aquarium! Hopefully...

Anyways, I stumble across an old man's garden, and battle the old man. He only uses a Cherubi, which I beat easily. Funny, his name was Seacrest. I beat him, and I go into his garden, which is nothing more than a couple of patches of grass. However, I do find some new Pokemon I haven't seen yet, like Caterpie, etc. I head past the apartments, and kick a thug's butt.

I go back to the gym, only to find a note attached to the door. It says:

"Fern and I will proceed to the target headquarters. Objective confirmed to reside within factory. Investigating West Peridot Factory first. Join Immediately." ~F

Well, I read the sign. Let's go to the Abandoned Factory!

Current Pokemon Stats
After LONG DAYS, I managed to get a Shiny Magikarp.

004s.png

Charmander

Name: Charles

Level: 13

Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, SmokeScreen

052.gif

Meowth

Name: Meowth

Level: 11

Moves: Scratch, Growl, Bite, Fake Out

023.gif

Ekans

Name: Ekans

Level: 10

Moves: Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting, Bite

167.gif

Spinarak

Name: Spinarak

Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, Constrict

129.gif

Magikarp

Name: Hydra

Level: 8

Moves: Splash

417.gif

Pachirisu

Name: Pachirisu

Level: 3

Moves: Growl, Bide

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Chapter III: Investigating the Abandoned Factory!

FINALLY, I am free from my prison in front of the 1st gym. I couldn't move until I got Episode VI, now I can freely move again! With that said, Onward to the factory!

There's been a few changes since Episode V. I now learn that each gym leader in the Reborn region use six Pokemon. Seems like I'm in trouble if I don't know what I'm doing. I end up getting into battles left and right, with one guy with a Diglett who traps Hydra until he faints. I manage to beat the guy with Charles, went into a house with a lazy bum, ran to the Pokemon Center, and healed my Pokemon. With that done, I then proceed to go inside the abandoned factory, HOWEVER, the front door is apparently locked, so I have to find another way around it. I hear that the entire Jasper Ward is completely in a Lock Down.

What a sorry state the Reborn region is in...

I go into an apartment, and find a CRAZY Spinda on steroids, annoying the crap out of everybody. I gave everyone a favor by shutting the bear thing up by catching it. I name the thing Spotty, then I head west from the apartment, and find the REAL Factory I was supposed to go to. I go into an apartment, and find the girl and the Snubbull from before. after that, I head to another house, and take a Protein. Now, I am ready to head into the Abandoned Factory!

I then meet Fern, who mumbles about meeting a few people somewhere. However, unlike the friendly people, Fern is a real idiot. He then challenges me to a battle.

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer91.png.8a6cbb8d4be377dcc6f3ef9d32da5dec.png

Hotshot Fern sends out Lotad, I send out Hydra, who I then switch out with Charles. I burn Lotad away with Ember. HOWEVER, he just HAS to use a Potion, TWO to be exact. However, I manage to kill Lotad, and Fern then sends out Snivy, who I make short work out of two Embers with, WITH a burn. Fern then sends out a Budew, who I kill easily one hit, thanks to a critical hit and a burn, HOWEVER, Charles now suffers through Paralysis. Well, I won, so that's great.

Well, after our battle, Fern gets mad and storms off, claiming he has places to be. I try to break in to the abandoned factory, but it's not possible. SO, I might as well stalk Fern. I go to a Pokemart which is just next to the factory, and then I buy eight Pokeballs. I then heal my Pokemon, then I battle a trainer and find a tunnel, which I go through. I find some people who came from the Obsidia Ward who sunk bottom.

Those poor, unfortunate souls... How could I help them...

I get the item in that tunnel, and head north. I find two kids by a fountain. One has a Zigzagoon, and the other has a Patrat. I beat both of them very easily.

There's quite a bit of interesting classes in this game. Doxies, Street rats, etc. I battled a Doxy, and this is what I saw. "Not the change I was looking for..." I don't know how to reply to that.... By the way, I'm in the Peridot Ward now. I go back to heal my Pokemon, and then I find two guys I never noticed north of the Pokemon Center. They talk about a Pokemon that's hidden inside a house. Time to go look for it! However, I battle a guy, and he shows me something cool after I beat him. He goes inside an alley which is actually his hideout. I find a couple Starly there, too, but I can't battle them. I head left, and find the rest of his gang, and battle them. I learn that sometimes, there's wild Pokemon in the alleys, too. With that said, I find me a Purrloin, and catch it. Funny, it's level 7, much like N's. Maybe I'm probably affiliating myself with Team Plasma, too.

I go into an Apartment, and find a Kricketot not doing well. The trainer called someone, but she wonders when they will show up. A mysterious voice is heard, and Shelly, a person we all know, shows up and takes care of Kricketot. Kricketot isn't sick, but Shelly knows the pain it's feeling, because she knows how to take care of Bug-type Pokemon. Apparently, Kricketot is lonely. Shelly's gone emo! Anyways, Kricketot needs to be with an active trainer. HOWEVER, they ask ME to take care of it. How can I say no to a free Pokemon? I take the Pokemon in tow, and Shelly leaves. She reveals that she is Reborn's Bug Gym Leader, and she invites me to her gym.

I then head to the right, which takes me back to the Opal Ward. I head under a bridge, and battle the troll who lives under it, and beat him. I head more to the right, and I find an Underground Railway. However, I can't go further, because I am blocked off by rocks. I go back to Julia's gym, and Julia pops out, and she says that they have trouble. Ame caught the culprit behind the bombing, but he's not alone, there's a whole organization lurking about.

The Train Station Bombing... Was it all a conspiracy?

The bad news is that the group is going to blow up the power plant next- Julia's Gym! Julia leaves to go deal with them. She tells me to go to the Mysterious Factory, so I might as well follow her. I'm thinking it's the factory I met Fern at.

Help is on the way!

Current Pokemon Stats

They grew quite a bit in Levels. Currently, I'm training Kricketot, so that's why it's on my team.

004s.png.38c43daa63415b2a72e98e64528dc9d8.png

Charmander

Level: 15

Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, SmokeScreen

052.gif

Meowth

Level: 12

Moves: Scratch, Growl, Bite, Fake Out

023.gif

Ekans

167.gif

Spinarak

Name: Spinarak

Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, Constrict

129.gif

Magikarp

Moves: Splash

401.gif

Kricketot

Name: Kricketot

Level: 5

Moves: Growl, Bide

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter IV: The Train Bombing Conspiracy!

There's a Conspiracy going around here, and I'm going to put a stop to it!

Well, I follow Julia, and it's the factory that I THOUGHT was the one I had to go to the time I went to find F and Fern. I meet up with Julia, and we find that the door is locked. She then blows up the door down. Seriously, where does she get the explosives? F and Fern then show up, revealing to be the ones Julia asked to go with her to investigate. Julia reveals F to be Florinia, her roommate back in school and bff. She introduces me to Fern, but I believe we already met *Scoff Scoff*. Florinia says we're wasting time, so let's get moving! Fern apologizes for being mean earlier, so I guess it's cool. However, Mess with me, and you will be beaten by an inch of your life! I kid. I know that deep down, Fern's a nice guy. I'm sure he'd NEVER pull something on me. He remarks that Florinia is weird, which I clearly understand that, and I get a reference from Skyward Sword. FI!!! Yet, she's called Flobot. Progressive Insurance! Julia tells us to focus, and then tells us that the factory is supposedly the evil organization's base. The guy who bombed the Peridot Station is with the group.

The Evil Syndicate is none other than... Team Meteor!

Team Meteor... Have I heard that name before?

Julia, Fern, and Florinia storm into the Mysterious Factory, so I might as well enter it too.

When we enter the base, we find that a wine colored hue indicates high levels of pollution. This is what's polluting Reborn's waters! The levels are 90+%! This is bad, because this stuff is dumped right into Azurine Lake! It seems that Team Meteor is trying to destroy all of Reborn. Let's go stop them!

We split up, and me and Fern head to the left wing, while Julia and Florinia head to the right wing. We find a couple of grunts, and tag battle them. We keep going, until we find a switch. The switch disengages the elevator lock, so now we may be able to go further. While we battled a pair of grunts, Kricketot evolved into Kricketune! Somehow, after I disengaged the elevator lock, it still doesn't work. However, after I work my magic on the elevator door, the elevator lock is now disengaged! we head upstairs into the upper level, and we battle a few more grunts. One of the grunts has a shiny Grimer. SHINY. And to think, that Trainers could actually battle with SHINY Pokemon. Yet, it IS a fan-game, so who cares? Though it is only a mere glitch, however. There is also a glitch that when I restarted and battled the two grunts again, there were two Zubats instead of a Zubat and a Grimer. Apparently, there was a glitch, making me battle two of the same person, so now, I'm battling the other grunt. I beat the other grunt alone, beat the rest of the grunts in that room with Fern, we find a switch, and disengage the lock to the Main Area. With that said, We head to the main area.

We head to the Rendezvous Point, and meet up with Julia and Florinia. Florina confirms that Team Meteor's H.Q. is behind the big gate. Julia says that we got to find a way to open it, and also says that the bombs are hidden somewhere in the H.Q. If we can find the bombs, we can blow the gate to smithereens. However, Florinia finds a switch, so we do not need to blow up the gate. Smooth moves, Flobot! She tries to hack the gate switch, but Julia wants to break in there NOW, so she sends me and Fern to find the bombs. We head to the Explosives room, and battle my way through the room for the bombs. The two grunts that guard the bombs have a Lunatone and a Solrock. We beat them, grab the explosives, and head back to the Rendezvous point.

We meet up with Julia and Florinia at the Rendezvous Point again, and give Julia the explosives. She goes to the gate, and plants the explosives. HOWEVER, Florinia manages to successfully hack the gate open, making Julia mad. However, it sure beats having the alarms go off (If there's even ANY alarm system, that is). I go to the Storage Room on the right, and find a Rare Candy. I go back outside to train my Pokemon in case I face any deadly Pokemon.

It's raining, and I head under the bridge where the troll is to see if there's anything different, because when I talk to him, he said a Fire-type Pokemon comes down there when it's raining. I head there, and find a Magby who's scared of the rain. Magby wants to travel with me, so I decide to catch it. I name the Magby Magmordo, because that is what I named Magby in Pokemon Black 2. I find a Whismur abandoned in an empty house, and catch it. I train my Pokemon up to level 18 in the Underground Railway, and catch a few Pokemon, such as Zubat, and Woobat. I catch a Bidoof, level it to 15, evolve it into a Bibarel, then I head back to the Team Meteor factory to storm into the Main Control Room.

We head inside the Main Control Room, and meet Team Meteor's Boss, who is disappointed in the Meteor grunt who squealed about Team Meteor. He already knows who Julia, Florinia and Fern are. He even knows who I am, which is completely surprising, because I do not know who this guy is. He reveals that they have been watching our every move, even since we blew up the entrance of their factory. They slowed us down, and managed to delete every scrap of data of their mission from their systems. We were too late. They only opened the door FOR us, not thanks to Florinia.

"You will NOT interfere in our business, you will NOT disturb Team Meteor."

He then sends Aster and Eclipse, his personal grunts, to deal with me and Fern, while he deals with the Gym Leaders. Then the battle begins.

vsTrainer91.png.8a6cbb8d4be377dcc6f3ef9d32da5dec.pngvsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer92.png.a0d347db642a915037d14510e03a9162.png

Aster sends out Elekid, Eclipse sends out Magby, Fern sends out Budew, and I send out Bibarel. Budew is killed by Magby and Elekid, and they kill two Pokemon in my team. I kill off Elekid with Magmordo, and then switch out to Charles when Magby is on his last life from the poison it got from Budew. Eclipse's Magby is knocked out from the poison, and even though it didn't battle, Charles evolves into a Charmeleon! Aster and Eclipse are defeated!

Meanwhile, their boss is still battling the Gym Leaders with Seviper, with Julia having a Electrode, and Florinia having a Cradily. Aster and Eclipse are both scolded at by their boss for their failure. Their boss then gives up after realizing that he can't take on the four of us at once, and then calls for a retreat. After they leave, he makes a single threat.

"Do not believe you have bested us, today, you have made a powerful enemy. Team Meteor does not show mercy. We do not forgive. Beware."

Julia then wonders if he is gone, then the Gym Leaders call back their Pokemon. Julia then goes up to the controls, and then tells us to run, because she's going to blow up the factory!

BOOOOOM!!!

We ran out quick, and call the investigation a success. Fern and Florinia leave to deal with the crisis in the Obsidia Ward, and Julia is glad that her and Florinia got to hang out again. Florinia then goes to tell Ame about the events that have happened. Apparently, the reason why Florinia is all calculating and emotionless is because Titania traumatized her. Fern then goes back to his jerky self (I don't see how he wasn't a jerk before), and leaves. Julia thanks me, and tells me to visit her in the gym. Time to go to the gym, then!

Mission: Complete!

Current Pokemon Stats

They grew quite a lot in levels. Some new evolutions, as well as new members, and even new moves for some of them. That Meteor Boss... How does he know me if we never met?

005s.png.3d84e67a3bbb40facc1353a413676128.png

Charmeleon

Level: 16

Moves: Scratch, Dragon Rage, Ember, SmokeScreen

052.gif

Meowth

Moves: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Bite, Fake Out

023.gif

Ekans

129.gif

Magikarp

Moves: Splash, Tackle

400.gif

Bibarel

Name: Bibarel

Moves: Tackle, Water Gun, Defense Curl, Rollout

240.gif

Magby

Name: Magmordo

Moves: Faint Attack, Leer, Ember, SmokeScreen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter V: Julia, The Shock Wonder!

My first Gym Leader battle... It's almost here!

I walk into the gym. and it just sounds like a complete nightclub. I talk to the gym guy who's at the entrance, and he tells me that each of the gym leaders use six Pokemon. SIX. This is going to be a long day, considering that I don''t have a Ghost-type to counter attack the Explosions that Julia would give to my Pokemon. After I get a few tips from him, I battle a few Techies and find some Voltorbs. These Voltorbs follow me until they go to the gates, then they just blow up and vanish!  Talk about suicide.

I walk up and battle a trainer who has a shiny Shinx. I decide to kill it, knowing that it's not a wild one. He then sends out Electrike, and I kill it too. I then blow up the third gate, since I blew up two of them already. I head outside to do one small thing, Catch another Bidoof and get an Abra! Too bad that I still have a Bibarel, and no Abra! I'd rather catch one in the wild of my OWN, not anyone else' Abra, so then I can nickname it myself. The guy who traded me the Abra was such a lazy bum, he didn't even bother to give it moves OTHER than Teleport. Time to train it then!

I head back to the gym, and beat the last trainer before I battle Julia, and the trainer reveals that there WERE switches I could have used instead of blowing up the gates, but then he said that Julia covered up the switches. I grab the last Voltorb, and blow up the gate. I then stand face to face with Julia, who I wonder how she managed to trap herself in the gates. She says that the old power plant was lame, so that's why she remodeled it. She then says she won't go easy on me, and does a cheer leading taunt against me. Fine by me, Julia, cause I'll shock you back into the old days with my team!

You may be the Onyx Trainer's School Captain of the cheerleaders, and you may seem cool, but I'm more than just a freak, so prepared to get schooled!

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer93.png.bab5d88bc3182f6db96508a51369c4e0.png

Funny thing, instead of being called Gym Leader, Julia's title is Cheer Captain. Anyways, Julia sends out Emolga, and I send out Sleeper, which is my Abra. I switch out with Charles, and proceed to kill off her Emolga with Dragon Rage. I kill off her Emolga with Dragon Rage, and then she sends out Voltorb, who kills itself with Explosion, nearly knocking out Charles. Julia then sends out ANOTHER Voltorb, who commits suicide with Explosion, but nearly knocking out Meowth in the process. I switched out to Meowth before, cause I wanted to save Charles for last. Julia then sends out Blitzle, and I heal Charles a bit, cause Charles is my only hope, because Sleeper is useless right now. I switch into Charles, and kill off Blitzle with Dragon Rage in one hit. Shocking, isn't it? Ember fails to OHKO, but Dragon Rage does in an instant. What a shocker. Julia sens out an Electrode this time, which is WAY underleveled. I burn Electrode, thanks to Magmordo's Flame Body abiliity. Magmordo faints from Rollout, so I switch into Meowth, and finish off Electrode with Fakeout. Julia then sends out her final Pokemon, which is a Chinchou. Her Chinchou does a deadly trick on me, paralyzing me with a side of Confuse Ray. Meowth faints, and I then send out Charles to finish her off with Dragon Rage. Chinchou faints, and I win the battle!

But wait, there's more! Thanks to secondary training during the battle, Sleeper evolves into... Kadabra! However, Sleeper only learns Disable from all of this. Great, another crappy move.

Julia gets a bit disappointed from her loss, but gets tired, so she gives me the Volt Badge, or otherwise known as the whatchomacallit badge, and also the thingmajiggerbadge. She then explains what it does, but first, she needs coffee so she can stay awake to tell me about the badge. She then realizes that it allows me to use HM01 Cut outside of battle. With the Volt Badge, Pokemon up to level 25 will always obey me. She then gives me TM57 Charge Beam as thanks from the investigation earlier. She then goes to sleep, so with that said, I take my badge and leave the Nightclu-- I MEAN Power Plant Gym.

After I leave the gym, Victoria shows up, and asks if I won my first badge, which I did. She was just going to come challenge Julia, but she then heard something awful. Apparently, something weird is happening in the Obsidia Ward. The plants are coming to life, and are attacking people. She wanted to stay here, but she knew she had to go help the Obsidia Ward. She then leaves to go help. Time to head to the Obsidia Ward!

Current Pokemon Stats
They grew a little bit, and there's a new member in the team, which is Sleeper. Charles helped out a LOT during the battles.

Charmeleon

Level: 17

Moves: Scratch, Dragon Rage, Ember, SmokeScreen

052.gif

Meowth

023.gif

Ekans

129.gif

Magikarp

064.gif

Kadabra

Name: Sleeper

Level: 18

Moves: Teleport, Disable

240.gif

Magby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter VI: The Obsida Ward Conspiracy!

I head back to the Opal Ward, heal my Pokemon, and head to the bridge where I saved Pachirisu. I see Florinia at the bridge, asking the Police to let her go to the Obsidia Ward. Florinia explains the situation about the problem at the Obsidia Ward, and she HAS to be there to save the city. She then leaves, but comes back, reconsiders, and asks me to help her out at the city, besides, that's where I was going to go. She allows me to help her, considering that I helped her before when we were investigating the conspiracy at the factory. She asks the police guard if I can go with her to solve the problem, and they allow me to pass. She explains the current situation again.

Situation Briefing: An unknown force has recently begun continual engagement in the over-stimulation and manipulation of malignant flora life. Cause remains unknown, however previous incidences of this behavior have resulted in large-scale destruction.

Objective: Isolate and eliminate the source of the extraneous growth immediately.

Florinia: "The target area has been narrowed to the Obsidia Park, hosting the majority of floral species in the ward. Operation assets will assemble there. Do attend shortly. Farewell."

She vanishes into the Obsidia Ward, and I proceed to follow her there.

I enter the Obsidia Ward, and according to the locals there, I discover that floral life there has erupted, injuring many people.

This is terrible...

I talk to one local, who says that there was this machine, and "Trees. Trees Everywhere." Another local told me about this Yureyu Building, which was the corporate Powerhouse of Reborn. However, it shut down, due to the earthquakes. There' a salon here in the Obsidia Ward, so I enter it as part of the investigation here in the Obsidia Ward.

One of the people I see in the Salon is Suzy. SUZY. The one with the Vulpix? No doubt, Vulpix is there too. Apparently, ever since Suzy got Vulpix back, Vulpix has gone so restless. She knows that Vulpix misses traveling around, but she doesn't think anyone else could compare to the level of care he gave Vulpix. I wonder... is this guy... BROCK? Indeed it is. Boy, would I love to travel with Brock in the Reborn Region. But Suzy, if you don't know what to do, you could give Vulpix to ME! :lol: I know how to make Vulpix' frown upside down! Eventually, after I give Charles some care, she lightens up, and asks me to take care of Vulpix. So, I say yes, and take Vulpix. That's TWO Pokemon I've taken from People. and I'm actually doing BETTER Than Team Rocket.

According to some locals, Devon Corp from the Hoenn Region expanded their branch to the Reborn Region, but they haven't sold anything. They are trying to sell their stuff before they even HAVE their stuff here. Talk about a scam. Some people even lost their jobs at Yureyu, because of Devon Corp.

Maybe Devon Corp. is behind the plant uprising...?

According to some sources, some locals even fell in the fissures that the plants erupted from. And there's no way to get around in the city, unless I go down the Obsidia Slums, which are dangerous. I have no other route to take, so I have to go down there. I go into a building and find a trainer with a Lillipup. The trainer orders Lillipup around, so Lillipup runs off. The trainer runs off to follow it. The attendant says that they just go on walks, but I know something's wrong. They probably headed into the slums, so I'll follow them. I find Victoria at the side of a building, and she is freaking out. She doesn't know what to do. She tried to go to the slums, but all these men kept attacking her. This sounds like some deep stuff, if you know what I'm saying. Gig-git-ty.

Anyways, she also talks about how the debris in there was moving on its own. Creepy...  She tries to persuade me not to go in there, BY BATTLING ME.

Great... Whatever, Victoria. You know I'm just going to win, right?

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer84.png.54488f49765127cd55376a57db585796.png

Victoria sends out Ralts, and I send out Sleeper, who I switch out with Charles. I kill off Ralts with Dragon Rage, and then she sends out Makuhita, who I kill off with Dragon Rage as well. HOWEVER, it's hard, because Victoria keeps on trolling me into oblivion, but I kill it easily. She then sends out Pignite, who is apparently floating. I never knew Pignite knew Levitate for an ability. Pignite nearly kills my whole team, but I'm just trolling Pignite into fricking Oblivion right now. I killed Pignite with Vulpix, my last Pokemon. Vulpix ended up getting a LOT of Exp from that. With that said, Victoria is defeated!

Too bad Victoria couldn't persuade me not to go into the slums. She tells me to promise to be careful, and wishes me good luck. Victoria, I am a problem solver. Problem solvers, solve the world's problems. Just battling you ALONE nearly wiped me out. With that said, Time to head into the slums!

Past Victoria is this huge building. I'm guessing this is the slums? No matter, I enter it, but I get warned by a couple of trainers that "They" are coming. No matter, time to see what's going on here. Though I do see what Victoria meant by when she got attacked by men. Men are crazy about boxes, but I see why. Something is in those boxes. Probably Pokemon are in those boxes? I still have to follow the boxes to see where they go. I go inside a whole in the wall, and I find TM60 Quash. I head out of the hole, and head upstairs. I head deeper in the slums, and find that Pokemon gangs are lurking around the slums.

I witness a Scraggy going inside a box and running off. That's probably what's been going on. I keep interacting with the box and Scraggy gets mad, and runs off, still inside the box. One guy's thinking that a box gave birth to Pokemon. FAIL. I beat the guy, and head downstairs. After I beat the trainer, I see Scraggy head into this room. I follow it, and I witness it go to Scrafty, its boss. However, before I do anything, two Scraggys pop out of the boxes, and Scrafty and its gang attack me!

The Scraggy Gang nearly kills off my whole team, but thank goodness Charles saves the day with Dragon Rage. Dragon Rage swept through the gang, as well as Hydra's Tackle helped out nicely despite being on its last life. However, Scrafty finishes off Hydra, and I use Dragon Rage to finish Scrafty off, and win the Gang Battle.

Scrafty gives up, opens the gate, and leaves with his gang. I follow the gang after I heal my Pokemon. I heal my Pokemon, and manage to make my way out of the slums to the other side. I end up having to go down to the Coral Ward. I go into an apartment, and I find an old man playing a game with people. He asks me a few questions about Reborn's Gym Leaders, then he asks me some harder questions about the family Gym Leaders, then asks questions about the histories of the Gym Leaders.

Some Interesting and Some Funny Facts:

1. Blake is Cal's Brother

2. Heather is Corey's Daughter

3. Amaria had a romantic interest in Titania

4. Serra would regret losing Bennett in her life.

5. Shelly's birthday is Valentines Day.

6. Elias is Luna's Birth-Father. (No surprise there.)

7. Heather is 10 years old.

8. Titania was Florinia's friend.

9. The Reborn League has had a total number of 28 badges.

I eventually get all the questions right, and he gives me an Egg. I run back to the Pokemon Center, drop off Vulpix, and get the Egg.  I wonder what it will hatch into?

I battle a fisherman who uses a Shiny Grimer, and beat his team of Grimers.

Eventually, I find a girl with blue hair, who's trying to save a cute Oshawott from falling into the murky lake. She's not sure what to do, but then Cain shows up, making a joke of me and her making friends in high places. He then tells me that this is Amaria, one of the highest-ranking Gym Leaders in Reborn. Amaria tells Cain that we're trying to save an Oshawott, and he thinks that we're just watching the sunset together. Amaria tells him that this is serious, we have to save Oshawott. Cain then sings a song, and sends out Grimer, who saves Oshawott. Amaria thought that Cain's plan was actually fantastic. More like FABULOUS! Cain sends Grimer back to his Pokeball, and leaves, but Oshawott follows him around. Cain, however, only likes Poison-types, but he's cool with it, and decides to catch Oshawott... I WANTED AN OSHAWOTT. But who cares? Charizards are cool.

I figured Cain would have Oshawott, cause Victoria has Tepi-- Pignite, and Fern has Snivy, but they match their types. Cain and Oshawott however, they are a different story.  Amaria suggests battling ME. I can tell that this is not going to be pretty for me.

Why do you people always suggest the worst things at the worst timing?

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer83.png.d58d7a0175d1aa275c7934a55bee84c5.png

Cain sends out Grimer, and I send out Sleeper, who I switch out for Meowth. Meowth faints, but Hydra does the job with Tackle. Cain then sends out Nidorino, who is Charles' rival for life, pretty much. I make short work of Nidorino by using Dragon Rage. Cain then sends out Oshawott, who is strangely levitating, much like how Pignite was. Was Tepig levitating when I first battled Victoria? Anyways, I finish off Oshawott with Tackle from Hydra. However, Cain is not finished yet, as he sends out Venonat, who I burn with Magmordo. That's right, Magmordo's back for a while. And the Battle is over!

Amaria feels bad, cause she didn't realize that I was MUCH stronger than Cain. Cain then leaves to go back to the Wasteland. He says to tell his sister that he'll meet her out there. Cain, if you don't want Oshawott, then give him to ME!!! Anyways, he leaves, and then Amaria leaves too, cause she left Florina hanging for too long. She realizes that I'm the guy who helped Florina back at the factory, asks me if I could go with her, and I say yes.Time to head back to the Obsidia Ward (Finally)!

I head back to the Obsidia Ward, but this time, there's no guards. I also find ANOTHER Salon. I check inside, and there's a lot of Glameows. The owner of the store sends me to the other Salon to find the prices they have there. So, I go do that, under one condition: a Glameow must be given to me. I head there, get a massage for Charles again, and head back to the Glameow Salon. While I was in the Slums, I noticed a little bug with a wall.

Funny little bug.bmp

See? Anyways, yeah. Eventually, the Egg hatches into a Togepi, so I put Togepi back in the PC. I then head back to the Glameow Salon, and they thank me for finding the price for them. They're quite shocked that the price there is 1500, and their price is 2000. As a token, they give me one of the Glameows, which was exactly what I was going for in the first place.

After I take a Glameow, I put it back in the PC, head on further into the Obsidia Ward, where I find a Spoink who goes crazy, and flees. I guess Spoink's like Teddiursa, huh? Now, if only I can find those two...

I manage to find Florinia and Amaria talking to each other, and apparently, they are in a bit of a bind. they can't reach the Obsidia Park without finding the source of the plants. Good new is, they can be CUT down. Why on Earth did they not think of this before? However, we don't have the HM to use it, and HM01 Cut is currently in the Jasper Ward... Amaria asks me to go get it, and says that the Jasper Ward is located just north of West Peridot. Time to go get it...

I can't believe I have to go ALL the way to West Peridot just to reach the Jasper Ward. I wish I had Fly... While I was in the Peridot Ward, I found a cute little Lillipup! I talk to it, but then it just goes crazy and runs away, AGAIN. Apparently, I forgot it was the same one... I find the guard standing in front of the Jasper Ward. I tell him that I'm going there for HM01 Cut, and he lets me pass. He says that the Jasper is messed up, but the Beryl Ward is even more messed up. Just like what's happening in the Obsidia, plants have been going crazy in the Jasper Ward, however, they didn't catch it early, and now the Jasper Ward is destroyed. Even the citizens couldn't escape. He then gives me HM01 Cut, and wishes me good luck in Obsidia.

I return to the Obsidia Ward, and use my Shiny Meowth from the PC as an HM Slave. I head through the Obsidia Slums... AGAIN, and get back to Amaria and Florinia, and cut down some trees too. I even cut one tree down, and I now realize that I could have walked from that instead of having to use the slums! I go cut more trees to places that I couldn't access, and find that the Opal Ward's Underground Railnet connects to the Obsidia Ward! I find the Daycare Center next to the Pokemon Center, and talk to the old man. The old man then rambles on about the Daycare Center, but then thinks I'm a bad guy. Same with the old lady! SHE Thinks I'm a bad guy. Oh well...

I then head back to Obsidia Park, and find that there are a LOT of trees than I imagined there would be. Amaria and Florinia show up, and say that is a lot bigger than they thought, which is true. We then split up to find the source. Amaria goes north, while me and Florinia go east. Funny, after Amaria went north, plants grew. I follow Florina, but then she leaves me, and after she does, more plants grew. There you have it, I'm on my own this time.

I head deeper into the Park, and between me and a bunch of trees is Florinia tied up by plants. I hope they don't anything bad to Florinia... It's not going to be pretty. I pass by, and head deeper into the giant park, and guess who I see? A Team Meteor grunt. I beat the Meteor Grunt, and head further into the park. At one point I find that Amaria has suffered the same fate as Florinia did. Time to save them before anything bad happens to them. But how can I save them when I can't even get to them? I have no choice, but to head deeper into the forest maze. I find another Meteor grunt, and beat her. I head to the deepest part of the park, and find a Tangrowth captured in this strange machine, with a Meteor guy running the machine. It seems that Team Meteor IS responsible for Obsidia's downfall. Not only that, but they destroyed the Jasper Ward as well! I can't do anything with my main Pokemon in critical condition, so I head back to the Pokemon Center to heal my team.

I head back to Obsidia Park, and head back to the deep point of the park, and I find that he's making the one making the park turn into a forest. At least he cares about Tangrowth... in a way. He expected the city authorities to come. He then told his plan, bind the first one in vines, hang the second by her neck, and let the third one go on to be captured for questioning.  Florinia was bonded in vines, Amaria was hanged by the neck, and I'm about to be captured for questioning. Great...

He says that there is no escape, and questions me. But first, he introduces himself as three beings. Lumi, Zero, and Eve, who are known as ZEL. Apparently, it's three spirits in one body. And Zero says they're not going to let me touch the PULSE.  Lumi reveals that the plant overgrowth was caused by their machine with Tangrowth trapped inside, which Eve built herself.  Eve states that the Link-System is a simple hybridization-amplification mechanic.  Zero says that the machine amplifies Tangrowth's powers, allowing Tangrowth to manipulate even the tiniest roots into a powerful wrecking ball. He then challenges me to battle them.

Time to lose, ZEL, and once you do, you and Team Meteor will never bother Obsidia EVER again!

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer95.png.46dee90a8a0305dd55084eb86c738ca1.png

Turns out that ZEL is a Team Meteor Admin, and he sends out PULSE-Tangrowth. I pretty much figured that. Who knew that his PULSE-Tangrowth knew Thundershock? I manage to kill it off with Dragon Rage, thanks to Charles. I manage to beat ZEL!

After the battle, Eve criticizes Zero and says that instead of jeopardizing the mission, fight with their own Pokemon. Zero asks Eve if the machine is supposed to make Tangrowth stronger, but Eve says without Tangrowth, all the plants will go back to their original state, and tells the two to retreat. Zero then makes a threat saying that this isn't over. They flee, and everything is back to normal. Amaria and Florinia are free from their little problems, and thank me for saving them. Amaria is even impressed that I saved them all by myself.  A lot of bad things are happening lately, and between the Jasper Ward, the Beryl Ward, Azurine Lake, The Peridot Station, and now the Obsidia Ward, Team Meteor could possibly be behind all of this.

Team Meteor might be a bigger threat than any of us had imagined...

Amaria says that she's going to go report this to Ame, and thanks me again. She leaves, and Florinia heads back to her gym in the Onyx Ward. Time to head to the Onyx Ward, then.

Mission: Complete!

Current Pokemon Stats

They leveled up quite a bit, and despite PULSE-Tangrowth being level 25, Charles still managed to take it down.

Charmeleon

Level: 23

Moves: Scratch, Dragon Rage, Ember, Smoke Screen

052.gif

Meowth

Level: 18

023.gif

Ekans

129.gif

Magikarp

064.gif

Kadabra

Level: 22

Moves: Teleport, Disable, Miracle Eye

240.gif

Magby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter VII: Onyx Ward's Finest Trainer School!

After I saved the Obsidia Ward from destruction, I decide to look around the new freshly cleaned Obsidia. While I was looking around, I saw a Siplh Co. Building here. Seems fishy, considering there's a Devon Co. Building here too. Since there is nothing here to look at, I head to the Onyx Ward.

When I get to the Onyx Ward, first thing I find is that there's no trouble here. I also find a HUGE Arcade, and first thing I do is go to the lottery, where, lucky me, Hydra's ID matches the fourth digit of the Lottery ticket, so I win an ultra ball. One person breaks the fourth wall, by saying that they're playing a game called Pokemon Reborn, and says that I've probably never heard of it. I'm IN the game, kid. I leave the arcade, cause I don't have a Coin Case. I battle a few people, and head to the Pokemon Center to heal my team. I head to the Department Store in the Obsidia Ward, and get a Membership Card. That place sells EVERYTHING. Too bad I don't know how to get stickers... So, I leave.

I head back to the Onyx Ward, and head to the Trainer's School, only to find two kids gossiping. Ignoring them, I head to the gym on the left side, but then there's a group of kids who are having some sort of private discussion, and they battle me. no matter, it's good training for my team. However, they're all talking about which gym leaders are their favorites. Four Reborn Gym Leaders actually graduated from the Trainers School here. These Gym Leaders are Julia, Florinia, Titania, and Amaria . Funny thing, they were all roommates. Well, time to head to the gym now, but first, to heal my team AGAIN.

I head inside the gym, and it sounds a bit different than the one from Julia's gym, yet it has the same tune. However, as I step inside the gym, I encounter Fern, who knew that I was going to challenge his sister, Florinia. He then trash talks to me and says I don't deserve to challenge her. But I SAVED the Obsidia Ward! He says he'll prevent me from battling her by telling his goon Trey to tell the other guys to prevent me from battling Florinia. He tells his other goon Skye to hit the switch at the gate. He says the reason why he's preventing me from battling Florinia is because it's a matter of his family, and his school's pride, and he says I'm not worthy. I guess I have no choice but to prove I'm worthy.

I head to the Trainer School, where I am challenged to a battle by the kid who blocked me before. I beat the guy, and head inside the school, where lucky me, there is a Pokemon Center in it. I heal my team, and read some books. After I read the books, I head into the battle areas where I battle trainers. Apparently, Fern runs a gang, cause one of the kids says "So you're the one the boss wanted!" I beat the ones on the first floor, and then head upstairs, where an old man battles me. I do not need any more distractions! I beat the old man, and head into a room, where this kid's raging about the Onyx Arcade system being crappy now. He gives me his coin case, because he is done with the Arcade's crap. I go in another room and find a computer with an error in it, causing me to battle a Porygon that is level 5. WHY is Porygon level 5? I catch it, and I then go back to battling Fern's goons.

I head into a huge room, apparently Julia's, Florinia's, Titania's, and Amaria's dorm. I end up reading Julia's diary, and I found that Amy was the Captain of the Cheerleaders BEFORE Julia was. When I read Florinia's diary, I found the reason why she is emotionless. She is emotionless because of her past. When I read Titania's diary, she KNEW someone would end up reading it, and tells them to know someone in person, and not through their personal stuff. When I read Amaria's diary, I found her true emotions. She hides her smile with a dark depression. Sad, but true. With some education learned from all this, I leave.

I battle one of Fern's goons, and much to my delight, Hydra evolves into a strong Gyarados, who also learns Bite. I head downstairs, and find Trey, who battles me. Time to test out Hydra's new power, which apparently, is MUCH Stronger than before.

I head deeper, and find a bunch of machines. I keep reading books to answer correctly on these machines. I go left, and battle with Skye, who tries to prevent me from going over there. I beat him, study up the books, and get the answers right. I head into the next room, and apparently, the Gym and the Trainer School are CONNECTED. So HA, In your FACE, Fern! I save the game, walk up to Fern. He gets disappointed that I am in his presence, knowing that his goons failed. He then calls me a loser. He says he's doing me a favor of not embarrassing myself, but I know he's lying. He tells me to go home and give up. I have no home...

For your information Fern, I am NOT a loser, and I will NOT go home. Instead, I will beat you right here, and right now. I will make you burn with your own shame of yourself, and I will prove that I am SUPERIOR to you!

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer91.png.8a6cbb8d4be377dcc6f3ef9d32da5dec.png

Fern sends out Lombre, while I send out Hydra. I have Hydra use Bite on Lombre a few times to kill it. However, Hydra is killed before he could even finish off Lombre. So, I send out Porygon to do the job. However, Fern had to be an idiot and use a Super Potion, and kill off Porygon with Absorb and Fury Swipes. I send out Meowth to do the job, and lucky me, one of my bites flinched Lombre, and another one was a critical hit and killed Lombre, so now my Meowth lives with 1 HP left.  So now, Fern sends out Servine to do the job, and I SWEAR Servine was a female when it was a Snivy. I keep Meowth out for one last Bite before he faints. I then send out Charles, and spam Dragon Rage and kill Servine. Fern sends out Roselia, and I kill off Roselia with Dragon Rage too. However, Fern had to be a jerk and use Stun Spore on Charles. However, I still successfully kill off Roselia, and manage to defeat Fern!

Fern then gets mad, and says, "Two can play at that game, Trevo." So now, he's officially Gary Oak of the Reborn Region, and he begins his own journey. So now, I gotta heal my team so I can battle the gym.

As I go heal my team, I notice that the gate is unlocked. Maybe Fern opened it? Anyways, I heal my Pokemon, leave Ekans in the PC cause Florinia uses Grass types, and I also teach Sleeper Charge Beam. Now I'm ready to head to Florinia's Gym!

As Fern and Gary say, "See ya later, losers!"

Current Pokemon Stats

I'm thinking of putting Porygon in my team, but I'm having a tough decision on who to replace. Who should I replace? I'm thinking of replacing Magmordo with Elekid, but I guess I could replace Magmordo with Porygon for now.

Charmeleon

Level: 25

Moves: Scratch, Dragon Rage, Ember, Smoke Screen

052.gif

Meowth

Level: 21

130.gif

Gyarados

Level: 21

064.gif

Kadabra

Moves: Teleport, Disable, Miracle Eye, Charge Beam

240.gif

Magby

Moves: Faint Attack, Leer, Ember, Smoke Screen

137.gif

Porygon

Name: Porygon

Moves: Conversion 2, Tackle, Conversion, Sharpen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Chapter VIII: Florinia, The Desert Rose!

After I heal my Pokemon, I decide to head out to the Onyx Ward for a bit. I find one of Fern's goons, Skye, in the apartments, and he apologizes from what happened before. He makes it up to me by inviting me to the Rooftop Garden up on top of the apartments. I find that the garden is actually a really good place to train. What makes the training easy is that there's a lot of Bellsprouts to battle, and the only moves they can really attack with are Poison Powder and Wrap. That's why I try letting the Bellsprouts paralyze my team, instead of letting them suffer with poison.

After I got ready to go to the Gym and train for a little bit, I buy some Super Potions, then go through the black and red door, only to find another room that is not the gym, with the gym guy right there. He explains that the door right there is linked to the machines that are all over the school. However, since I solved every puzzle, The door is unlocked, and I see no door. He says that Florinia uses Grass types that can do well in sandstorm weather, which is why she has a Cradily with her. Too bad I have no fighting type moves to beat her with. I guess I might as well go with what I have.

I enter the Gym, and apparently, there's only Florinia to battle. That means that this chapter's gonna be a whole lot shorter than I expected. I talk to Florinia, emotionless as always, and even though I was a big help while fighting Team Meteor, that alone won't help me win my badge. Figures. She then tells me not to mistake her abilities. Florinia, I suggest you not to mistake my abilities.

Put this seed of wisdom in your head, Florinia: Victory for you is useless. While you seem to have an advantage, I will win this battle swiftly like a rose. When I win, I'll send your brother Fern all the way home crying. Let us begin the battle. Hypothesis: Subject possesses insufficient data for conclusive results. Expected Outcome: Failure.

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer96.png.973f3c3a6165d88739a573296a51d288.png

As the Head Instructor, Florinia sends out Carnivine first. I then send out Porygon so that I can do the switch so I can give Porygon some experience points too. I then switch into Magmordo, and burn Carnivine with a couple of Flame Bursts and heal Magmordo. Just as I heal Magmordo, Carnivine hits me with a Sleep Powder. So now, I let Carnivine burn from a burn he gets from Magmordo's Flame Body, while I just keep healing Magmordo. Eventually, Magmordo wakes up, so now he can kill Carnivine. Carnivine goes down from Flame Burst, and Florinia sends out Foongus, while I switch out into Porygon, and heal Magmordo. I switch out to Meowth, then use Fake Out and Screech. However, I get Death By Rollout, so now I have to switch to Magmordo and use Flame Burst, which wipes out Foongus. Florinia sends out Cradily, so I send out Charles, and use Dragon Rage. However, Cradily wipes out Charles with Smack Down, so now I switch into using Hydra, and use Dragon Rage. Cradily gets knocked out after a few times, and then Florina sends out Grotle. I leave Hydra out, so it can kill off Grotle with Dragon Rage. Lucky for me, Grotle didn't use Sandstorm before she fainted. Florinia sends out Cacnea, who I believe would have had benefits from Sandstorm, but that didn't happen, did it? Anyways, I leave Hydra out, cause Porygon's already had its share of training. Though I still have to train Porygon, it will wait. I use Dragon Rage against Cacnea, and knock it out in a few hits. Florinia sends out her finest hour, Breloom, who uses the Poison Heal abuse. Lucky for me, Hydra was just fast enough to kill off Breloom. All Breloom did was Mach Punch, which didn't do anything to Hydra. After a long battle, I win the battle!

Florinia seems disappointed she lost, but even though she lost, she still gives me the Canopy Badge. She explains that the Canopy Badge encourages proper behavior among Pokemon up to Level 35. She also gives me TM86 Grass Knot. She explains what the move does, and then she bids me farewell.

Just as I walk away, Florinia calls my name, and stops me. She asks me where am I going to go next. She asks me one final request:

"Because of my status as Gym Leader and Faculty at the Onyx Trainers School, I cannot stray far from it. However, there is still crisis in the city, and as you know, the Jasper and Beryl Wards have been ransacked by the same spell as Obsidia. However, whereas we caught Obsidia in a budding state, we were not so fortunate with the other two wards. Being that you alone know the truth of what transpired in the Obsidia Park, I would ask that you venture to the Jasper Ward. Discover if there is not a similar plot behind the destruction there. Moreover, this will be useful for your own quest as well. One of the Reborn League Gyms lie beyond Jasper. I will make preparations for your passage into Jasper. I might wish you 'Good Luck', however, luck is merely an illusory essentialization of statistics, and is not inherently good or bad in any way. Regardless, farewell."

And so a new mission begins...

Current Pokemon Stats

Porygon and Hydra grew quite a bit from the battle. I completely forgot that Hydra had Dragon Rage, and that saved me big time. And most of the team learned some new moves, too! Maybe next chapter, I'm gonna go through unfinished business. There's a LOT of stuff I need to catch up on.

Charmeleon

Moves: Scary Face, Dragon Rage, Ember, SmokeScreen

052.gif

Meowth

Level: 24

Moves: Scratch, Faint Attack, Bite, Fake Out

130.gif

Gyarados

Moves: Splash, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

064.gif

Kadabra

240.gif

Magby

Moves: Faint Attack, Flame Burst, Ember, SmokeScreen

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter IX: Unfinished Business In The Obsidia Ward!

After I beat Florinia, I decide to heal my Pokemon, cause who wouldn't heal their Pokemon after a tough battle? After I leave the Trainer School/Gym, I head to the Cas--- I MEAN Arcade, and try my luck at finding coins on the ground, and winning the slot machines. Lucky me, I end up lucky with a few lucky 7's.

After I get a few lucky 7's, I leave, and head over to the Daycare Center, hoping that the nice elderly couple will forgive me if I caused any harm. However, after I talked to them a few times, they REALLY get agitated, and they reveal that they were fakes all along! Turns out that they were really Team Meteor grunts in disguise of an elderly couple! They then do their own motto similar to Team Rocket's, which is not bad, really. After they say their motto, they battle me with a couple of Venonats, which I easily get rid of thanks to Porygon and Hydra. However, the Pokemon amount isn't promising, and they send out Aron and Roggenrola after I get rid of their Venonats. I then get rid of Aron and Roggenrola, and win the battle.

It seems that I battled the two before at the factory that me, Fern, Julia, and Florinia investigated, as they remember me from back then. They've been posing off as the Daycare Couple for weeks now, and no one even suspected it while Team Meteor was stealing their Pokemon from right under their noses! Seems I DID miss a few things. They spill that the real ones are locked away somewhere far away, and I would need a key to reach them. However, the key is somewhere else, and I think I know just where they hid it, the empty house in the Obsidia Park! They locked up the Daycare Couple to make sure Pokemon don't breed. They give me a few parting words:

"Everyone must be eliminated... We do not forgive..."

They then retreat without a trace. I head to the Obsidia Park, and it was right where I thought it would be!  Inside the empty house. Strange, I didn't see it before. Oh well! Time to rescue the nice elderly couple! There were a few warehouses in the Coral Ward, so I guess I'll search for them there!

I get into the Coral Ward, and the first Warehouse I see, I unlock the door. However, it didn't work! I stumble into another Warehouse, and find the sounds of a Spoink! Though that's not the problem right now. I go to the warehouse just below the one that didn't work, and I find strange noises coming from the room. I just hope it's not what I think it is, ughh... Anyways, I unlock the door, and I find the sweet elderly couple. They ask if I'm a Team Meteor member, in which I tell them I'm not. I have come to save them! They say that Team Meteor abducted them so that they could no longer raise the Pokemon of other trainers, and said that they were going to impersonate the Daycare Couple and steal the trainer's Pokemon instead! However, they overheard one of the assailants talking about storing one of the stolen Pokemon in another warehouse. Maybe that was the Spoink I heard? With the Daycare Couple safe and sound, they return to their home to restore their business and their reputation.

I go to the warehouse next to the one I heard Spoink in, an it's NOT Spoink making the thumping sounds. I head inside, and find a Team Meteor grunt checking the warehouse for any last Pokemon to take with them as they retreat. Though I do notice a cute little Happiny hiding from him. The grunt retreats, and I decide to put Porygon in the PC so I can get Happiny. However, when I head for the PC, I notice a familiar Lilipup. Perhaps it's the same Lilipup from before! I put Magmordo in the PC Instead, so I can use Porygon to help catch Lilipup. However, just as I try catching Lilipup, it runs away again! I guess I'll just have to catch Happiny and Spoink then. Happiny looks lost, so I take her with me. After I get Happiny, I go to the warehouse with the Spoink in it, and decide to catch it. Ironically, Spoink can be caught in ANY of the boxes, not just a specific one. I catch the hiding Spoink, then I go do one more thing, and that's to find what's in that box in the Obsidia Slums.

However, when I go to the slums, I don't go to the box, but I go to a door where apparently, I haven't been in there before, and I find a Scraggy that's all alone. I walk up to it, and it attacks me! I catch the Scraggy, and come upon the idea that maybe I could use Scraggy's Headbutt to move the box. However, Headbutt doesn't even do that. I guess I am done in the Obsidia Ward. Onward to the Peridot Ward!

As I get to the Opal Ward, I'm stopped by trainers. I fend them off, and get to the Peridot Ward. I find a bum who needs money. Apparently, he's blocking off the only way to get inside a building, and so I pay him. Eventually, he goes to sleep, and moves. I find the building, and I see a Ralts inside. Thankfully, I don't have to battle it, and it comes along with me just fine. I also rename Sleeper to Henry (You know, Henry Houdini, the magician) at the Name Rater's house.

Now that everything's out of the way (I hope), Onward to the Jasper Ward!

Current Pokemon Stats

Porygon is actually a pretty useful Pokemon when it comes to using Trace. I'm thinking of replacing Kadabra with Ralts, who I'm going to evolve into Gardevoir, cause it's a female. After soft-resetting many times, I got a female Ralts with a Timid nature and the ability Trace. What do you guys think I should replace with Ralts?

Charmeleon

052.gif

Meowth

130.gif

Gyarados

Level: 26

064.gif

Kadabra

Name: Henry

240.gif

Magby

137.gif

Porygon

Level: 19

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter X: The Jasper Ward Conspiracy!

After I did some unfinished business at the familiar places, it's time for me to head to the Jasper Ward. I look at the news to find that the Jasper and Beryl Wards are still in peril. However, a young girl with a Salamence is trying to solve the case herself. However, she's gonna need some help, so I head there myself.

I go to the guard that's blocking off the Jasper Ward, and he allows me to pass, cause I know how to stop the destruction, right at its source. He wishes me good luck as I venture forth into the desolate Jasper Ward.

As I get to the Jasper Ward, I notice the Police Station. I knew I'd find the Police Station one city or another! I wander around the city, and find that there's wild Pokemon EVERYWHERE. Even when I'm on the sidewalk, there's wild Pokemon! I can see why the Jasper and Beryl Wards suffered worse than the Obsidia Ward. I head inside the Police Station and meet the Chief of the Reborn City Police Department. He says that the Police are very busy, and that he cannot take requests at this time. However, a police officer comes in, and finds that I'm the guy who saved the Obsidia Ward. He recognizes me from when Florinia allowed access into the Obsidia Ward. The Chief is shocked, and the officer asks if I have come to the Jasper Ward to come help there too. I reply yes, and even though I'm not officially enlisted, the Chief cannot require me to act on any orders. However, I am free to move freely about the area. In return, he asks me to find five members of his police force. Two of them are in the Jasper Ward, and three of them are in the Beryl Ward. Time to go find them! I find a lone Growlithe in the back of the Police Station, but I'll come back for him later.

Along the way to find a Pokemon Center, I battle a few trainers. This is where I begin training Ralts. Not only that but I also train Henry. Eventually, I get to the Pokemon Center, which I am glad I do, cause otherwise, I'd be dead. Anyways, I head back down to the Police Station and go right, where I find a Team Meteor grunt in front of some trees. I beat the grunt, then head back to the Pokemon Center and heal my Pokemon. I grab out the other Meowth, and use him as my cutting slave. I enter a house, where I find that an Azurill is missing, cause the guy's freaking out about it. I head back outside, and find one of the officers trapped, and I don't know how to rescue him. I head back to the building below the Pokemon Center, and head left. Eventually, I find another Team Meteor Grunt, who remembers me from before. I beat her, and find myself inside this forest called the Malchous Forest.

As I wander in the forest, I find a few Team Meteor grunts lurking around, some of them being familiar. There's no doubt that the source is coming from this forest. I beat the grunts, and collect a few items.

Eventually, I get down to where I find this strange guy with another Tangrowth trapped in another PULSE. Apparently, he's actually sorry for all the people who lost their homes and their lives to Tangrowth's destruction that it has been forced to cause. He introduces himself as Taka, and asks for my name, which I reply Trevo. He was told I was coming, and for someone who stopped the PULSE in the Obsidia Ward, I'm not what he expected. He says that I look confused because I don't know what the PULSE Project is. He explains that PULSE is the Pokemon Ultimation Link-System Exxagerator. Basically, it morphs into the Pokemon, and expands its abilities. So even what was one a normal Tangrowth can do everything that I saw happened to the Jasper Ward. It's just not Tangrowth either, it even works on other Pokemon. However, it's not best for their health. In fact, destroying a whole city region is pretty hard on their bodies. Ironically, he's not like all the other Team Meteor people, as he actually wants to release Tangrowth. However, he unfortunately has other orders. He reveals he's part of Team Meteor, which I already knew that out. His current order... is to eliminate me. However, it is not personal, but it is orders after all.

Taka, even though you're part of Team Meteor, I will still forgive you.

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.png  vsTrainer97.png.cd27d22f619a14df84b7d816cd2ded91.png

Team Meteor Admin Taka sends out Lileep while I send out Ralts. I switch out into Hydra, and use Dragon Rage, while Lileep can't even hurt Hydra. Lileep faints, and Taka sends out PULSE-Tangrowth. I use this opportunity to send out Ralts, then switch out into Charles. I knock out PULSE-Tangrowth with a Dragon Rage and an Ember. Taka sends out Chatot as his last Pokemon, while I switch out into Ralts and then switch out into Henry and wipe out Chatot with Charge Beam. However, its bark is worse than its bite, as Henry gets knocked out without using Charge Beam once. I send out Charles, and I manage to get in a Dragon Rage. However, Chatot lulls Charles to sleep with Sing. Unfortunately, Taka chooses this time to heal Chatot with two Super Potions. Chatot knocks out Charles, so I send out Hydra to save the day. Lucky for me, Hydra doesn't faint, and Dragon Rage hits, Chatot faints, and I win the battle!

After the battle, Taka wonders that maybe the Jasper Ward will return to normal just like how the Obsidia Ward returned to normal. He also tells me that the same thing is happening in the Beryl Ward, which is north of the Jasper Ward. He tells me that the Beryl Ward is where they started the whole plant attack, so I figure that the Beryl Ward suffered the most damage. He tells me I should head there, and says Peace and leaves. You know, maybe he's not a bad guy, but just a poor lost soul.

After that whole thing, I follow Taka down the same route, but I'm stopped by this girl, who was going to beat Team Meteor herself. She then says that it's not fair, cause she finally got away from her dad to stop Team Meteor. And he never lets her go anywhere or do anything. Sometimes, she wonders if her father is secretly a bad guy, and that he punishes her because every time he looks at her mother's ring at night, he cries, and she looks just like her mother. That's why she stole the ring and ran away. She says there's another one of those PULSE Machines at the Beryl Ward, where she lives. She says that she's going to try stopping them there, and she tells me not to stop her. She gets on her Salamence and flies off.

Was she the girl from the news?

I head back to the Jasper Ward, but however, there's STILL wild Pokemon lurking around. I find a few buildings I couldn't get to, and I find one of the police officers in there with a Meteor grunt. Apparently, the grunt has the officer as a hostage. Like most of the grunts I battled here, that one remembers me too. I easily beat the grunt, and lucky me, Ralts evolves into a Kirlia! After I win the battle, the grunt pushes me out of the way and leaves. I talk to the officer, and he's safe and sound. He goes back to the Police Station, and so with that done, I leave to get the other officer.

I head to the other building, and find that a girl's been trapped up in her room since the elevator was stuck. However, she realizes that the elevator isn't stuck, cause I'm up there, and thanks me. She says that I can talk to her at her friend's house in the Peridot Ward.

I find the other officer after I teleport to the Pokemon Center. After I save the officer, I head over to the Beryl Ward, and end my mission for the Jasper Ward.

Even though I saved the Jasper Ward, there is still one more place to save: The Beryl Ward! And each trial is more treacherous than the last...

Current Pokemon Stats

I have no idea who to replace with Kirlia. Either Henry, or Magmordo. I'm most likely going to replace Magmordo, cause Henry is fine (Even though its only attack is Charge Beam Q_Q), but I want to know what you guys think I should do.

Charmeleon

Level: 27

052.gif

Meowth

130.gif

Gyarados

Level: 27

064.gif

Kadabra

240.gif

Magby

137.gif

Porygon

281.gif

Kirlia

Name: Kirlia

Level: 20

Moves: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter XI: The Beryl Ward Conspiracy!

After I get to the Beryl Ward, I notice a fork in the road. On my right, it leads to the Beryl Bridge, and on my left, it leads to a mysterious jungle called the Rhodochrine Jungle. I don't know which way to go, so I head back to the Peridot Ward and go to the girl's friend's house, cause I was invited there. I head there, and the girl thanks me again. Her friend gives me a Membership Sticker for the Obsidia Ward's Department Store. I thank them for inviting me over, and leave.

After wandering around some more, I go to a building, where I find two Team Meteor grunts who just got orders from the boss. Once they get to the location, they're going to secure the targets, and make a silent escape. Supposedly, their two targets are the last of their kind left in Reborn. Once they're eliminated, it's another-- However, I get caught by them, and they threaten me not to get in their business, and then they flee.

I wander around the Peridot Ward some more, and I find the two Meteor grunts again, but this time, they're attacking a woman with an Igglybuff and a Cleffa, and yes, it is what it looks like. Team Meteor is stealing Igglybuff and Cleffa. However, I'm just in time to stop them. They notice me again, and instead of running, they say the Team Meteor motto, and attack.

They send out Poochyena and Stunky, which to my surprise, are VERY weak. I guess this was unfinished business I forgot to do. Oh well, I beat them easily with Dragon Rages.

After I beat them, they retreat in order to not jeopardize the mission. The woman thanks me so much for saving her precious Pokemon. In return, she gratefully lets me take care of one of her Pokemon, cause she can guard one, but not both. She wonders if they will come back, but rest assured, they won't. The choose is between Igglybuff and Cleffa. Igglybuff is cute, and is one of my all-time favorites from when I was a kid, but Cleffa has really good abilities and is more useful in battle. I choose Cleffa for now, cause I know that I can catch Igglybuff at a different time. With that said, I leave.

I head back up to the Jasper Ward gate, and head in the Peridot Ward Apartments and find that the girl who lost her Snubbull found her Snubbull, but can't train it. Oh wait, I found them before! However, she notices that I have two badges, and asks if I could have Snubbull. I mean, she is right, she is unqualified to take care of Pokemon. So, I will gladly take Snubbull off of her hands! However, Snubbull is a whopping Level 20. No WONDER why she couldn't get a badge with it.

After I get the Snubbull, I head to the Opal Bridge, and battle any trainers that I missed. After I do that, I decide to head back up to the Beryl Ward.

I know which way to go!

I head back up to the Beryl Ward, and head all the way to the Rhodochrine Jungle. Apparently, the jungle is the ONLY way to get deeper into the Beryl Ward. Sadly, as I head deeper, I stumble upon a pitfall trap, and there was no way to get around it. I fall into a cage, and there's a gang of Nuzleafs waiting for me. However, instead of battling me, they leave me inside the cage to rot. A few minutes later, Fern comes to the rescue, or so I think. Instead, he laughs at me that I fell in the trap, and just leaves. He comes back a few seconds later, and only stepped away to avoid bursting in laughter. He says that being helpless suits me, and just laughs at me. He was hoping to find a Gym Leader, but all he found was me in a cage. He asks how many badges I have now, and is bragging that he tore through two Gym Leaders already. He tells me that Nuzleaf are deceptively crafty to build traps. He says that he'll gladly open the cage for me... If I get on my knees and beg. NO WAY am I going to beg to a LOSER.  He gets mad, and tells me to rot in there for all he cares. And then, he just leaves me to probably die.  I COULD use Kirlia's Teleport, but I won't. However, a few minutes later after I hopelessly walk around, looking for an escape, a mysterious Chatot comes to the rescue, saying 'release Trevo!' Chatot pulls the lever, and runs away.

Now, I don't know anyone who has a Chatot. Unless...  Could it be...? Taka!

I head just east of the cage trap, and find that there's many more levers to pull. However, I have to go the other way, because the way I was going lead deeper into the Beryl Ward. I want to explore more of the Rhodochrine Jungle before I head deeper into the Beryl Ward. There are a few caves, and I find one of the three missing officers trapped in a cell. I guess these Nuzleaf ARE crafty. I guess the Nuzleaf captured him too. I pull the lever, and save the officer. He thanks me, and leaves back to the Police Station. I head to the other cave, and I find a lever deep inside. I pull it, and it apparently does nothing. I get out of the cave, climb the cliff, and cross the bridge. Sadly, it made me go right back where I started.  However, if I didn't go down where those caves are, I never would have found that officer.

I head to the Beryl Ward, where I find a couple of Team Meteor grunts. Now's the tie to fight! However, I go to the building behind the tree, and find a lever at the back. There's a grunt who I think is familiar, but I beat her anyways. I pull the lever, and it unravels the last of the blockade, allowing me to pass freely. I decide to enter the building that the Meteor grunt is blocking, so I battle the grunt and beat him easily. I look inside the building, and I find a friendly person who heals my Pokemon! After I heal my Pokemon, I leave.

After I cross the newly formed bridge, I head deeper into the Beryl Ward and battle the Meteor grunt that's in my path. I find a building where I find that another police officer is being held hostage by a Team Meteor grunt. I beat the grunt easily and save the police officer! The officer says that Team Meteor is meeting up ahead. He thanks me for saving him and returns to the Police Station. I feel like I'm missing one more officer though. Lucky for me, I find a lone Growlithe in the same building as the guy who heals my Pokemon. However, Growlithe seems to be looking intensely down in a hole. Could the officer be trapped? I get the Growlithe to move so I can get in there myself. Sure enough, I find the police officer. However, it seems that he didn't make it. Growlithe heads back to the Police Station, now knowing that its master is dead.

I return to the Police Station and report that all of the officers are found, and I report that one of them is dead. The chief is grateful that I found his entire police force. He says that in every region, all of the officers are issued a Growlithe as partner Pokemon, but now that the Growlithe's trainer is gone... He doesn't want to give the Growlithe to another recruit, as it would insult the poor officer. As thanks for saving the Jasper Ward and the entire police force, he offers me to take care of the Growlithe. Plus, I did find the Growlithe at its time of need. He gives me the Growlithe as a token of appreciation, and appoints me as an honorary member of the Reborn City Police Department! I proudly take Growlithe with me, and head back to the Beryl Ward. However, the police force should help me apprehend them as well.

What could Team Meteor be plotting?

I teleport to the guy who healed my Pokemon, and he heals my Pokemon again. After for so long, I FINALLY teach my strong Meowth Cut. As I head down to the center of the Beryl Ward, I keep running into more and more Meteor grunts. However, I guess it was only a few I had to face, because now, I am at the core of the Team Meteor operation. I head over to them, and Zero is the first to notice my presence. Taka just doesn't care whether I'm here or not. The one up front wonders who I am, and Taka reveals that I'm the one who thrashed their plans in the Jasper Ward. Sooo, he invited me to come there so they can all gang up on me. Eve tells the guy that I'm also responsible for destroying the PULSE in the Obsidia Ward. The guy tells me that I'm outnumbered and outclassed. Just as they're ready to take me down, someone stops them. The girl with the Salamence has returned. Eve reveals that the girl is Heather, the daughter of the Beryl Ward Gym Leader, Corey! The mysterious man seems to know who Heather is. He asks Heather what she is doing there, and Heather says she's going to stop them. He asks if her father always lets her prance recklessly into danger, but she tells him to stop talking about her dad. She also says that his rules suck. The mysterious man scolds her, saying that's no way to treat your parents, and he tells her that she is completely out of control. She tells him to shut up, cause she wants to fight them, not be lectured by him like he's her dad. He tells Taka and ZEL to deal with me and protect the PULSE, while he teaches her a lesson. Lumi is kinda like Taka. They're my enemy, but it's nothing personal. Zero says that it's payback time, and this time, with his own Pokemon!

Taka, ZEL, I will forgive you, no matter how evil your intentions are. But for now, we fight. We fight... For the Beryl Ward!

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer95.png.46dee90a8a0305dd55084eb86c738ca1.pngvsTrainer97.png.cd27d22f619a14df84b7d816cd2ded91.png

Taka sends out Lileep and ZEL sends out Glaceon, while I send out Kirlia and Hydra. I knock Lileep out easily with Hydra's Dragon Rage. Taka then sends out PULSE-Tangrowth, which means that the PULSE will stop working after I beat them. I knock out PULSE-Tangrowth by ganging up on it with Kirlia and Hydra, so Taka sends out Chatot. Hydra manages to get a critical hit on Glaceon, and knocks Glaceon out. ZEL then sends out Espeon, who I wipe out with a few Bites. Unfortunately, Hydra is not faster than Espeon, and faints. I send out Growlithe. Growlithe uses Helping Hand to boost Meowth's Bite. However, Growlithe faints instantly as it is ganged up on by Espeon and Chatot, so I send out Henry. Meowth faints from Psybeam, so I send out Charles, who is my last Pokemon. Henry uses Disable on Chatot to disable its Chatter. Espeon faints from Charles' Dragon Rage, and so ZEL sends out Umbreon. Lucky for me, Chatot's Sing misses, and Henry knocks out Chatot. I guess that's my thanks to Chatot for saving me earlier! However, Umbreon revenge kills Henry just as Henry levels up. Just as I nearly kill Umbreon, ZEL gives Umbreon a Super Potion. However, I manage to kill off Umbreon with another Dragon Rage, and I miraculously defeat Taka and ZEL, win the battle, and save the Beryl Ward!

Taka doesn't care he lost, but Eve says that the PULSE has been deactivated, and there's no longer any reason to stay. Taka decides to leave, knowing there isn't any other reason to stay, and invites ZEL to come with him. They all leave, except the mysterious man, who is still battling Heather. He is very disappointed at Taka and ZEL for running off, and says they are useless. He calls his Crobat to return, and says that he will finish this later with Heather. For now though, he runs off. Heather gets mad, calls her Salamence back, then follows the mysterious man, hot in pursuit. Thankfully, the police force arrives just in time to apprehend this mysterious man. They have him completely surrounded, and the mysterious man reveals that Taka and ZEL were supposed to get rid of them. The chief reveals that they DID do their mission. Thanks to my efforts, however, they were able to restore the police force. So apparently, it was Team Meteor who threw that officer into the hole. I can never forgive them for murder, however. The chief goes up to the mysterious man and reveals the criminal in a Scooby-Doo like fashion, and reveals that the mysterious criminal is none other than Corey, the Beryl Ward Gym Leader! Heather is shocked at this, and is enraged. Corey didn't want to reveal his identity when she was around, but hey, it happens. Heather knew he was a jerk, but she never knew he was evil. She doesn't even look at him, and calls Salamence out to fly away. Corey is relieved she's gone, and says that it's easier if she wasn't here. Even the CHIEF doesn't understand why Corey is involved with Team Meteor, and the Gym Leaders are Reborn's most trusted citizens. Corey laughs at the chief, and says welcome to reality, where it is cold, and cruel. It's life. The chief is worried that there's more, and which Corey, at the risk of exposing his comrades identities, that the chief would be stupid to think otherwise. Corey then says that 'Paradise' isn't real, 'Candyland' isn't real, and that plastic world in which we control everything?

"It's all about to end..."

The chief tells Corey that he's going to have to face the judge. Corey questions him, and says that they have done nothing here, and that they have unmasked a father before his daughter, and that they showed her what all daughters will learn eventually- Pain.

"You want to apprehend me? I'll be waiting in my gym."

And then, without a sound, Corey vanishes without a trace. The chief is shocked, but he knows it's a trap. He tells his men to head out and apprehend Corey at his gym. But I'll be the judge of that!

I'll be the one to apprehend Corey. I need to win a badge anyways, so I'll do just that!

Current Pokemon Stats

Let's officially welcome Kirlia to the team! She'll be replacing Magby for now, until I can get an Elekid, who will probably be replacing Henry, since all I really use Henry for is Electric type moves. However, I'm going to need Henry in order to win against Corey. And there were quite a bit of level ups for some of the team members, and new moves too! (Finally, Henry learns something other than Charge Beam.) And now, I'm going to train all of my Pokemon, and some to evolve.

Charmeleon

Level: 29

052.gif

Meowth

Moves: Taunt, Cut, Bite, Fake Out

130.gif

Gyarados

Level: 28

281.gif

Kirlia

Name: Kirlia

Moves: Magical Leaf, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport

064.gif

Kadabra

Moves: Teleport, Disable, Psybeam, Charge Beam

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chapter XII: Corey, Agent Beryl of Team Meteor!

After training my Pokemon up to speed, I head to the Beryl Ward Gym, where I find that there are a few machines that can poison the minds of people. According to the chief, these machines made his men attack each other. Time to find the source of these machines, and shut them down!

By the way, when I trained my Pokemon, Kirlia evolves into... Gardevoir! Also, despite evolving at level 31, Gardevoir learns Calm Mind! And, not only that, but Meowth also evolves into... Persian!

I decide to battle all of the police officers so I can train my Pokemon some more. After I beat the three officers, I find a way to shut off the machines. To turn off the machines, I have to set them all to blue. Once I set them all to blue, a secret door opens.

Inside the door is the house part of Corey's gym. It's Corey and Heather's house. Inside the deepest room, Corey awaits, and he's not happy. He's mad that first, I destroyed the three PULSE-Tangrowth systems that he conceived for Team Meteor. Then, I revitalized the City Police Department, causing them to ambush him, and out him in front of his own daughter. He asks what I have come for now, his badge or his blood. I only want his badge, that is all. However, he says that his superiors have been informed of my interference.

"Team Meteor does not forgive..."

But that does nothing for him now. I've forced his hand. It's my own fault that he's rock-bottom now, and there's nothing left for him to lose. The only reason he kept going through the years was for Heather, and now, she'll never speak to him again. So when he asks himself why this happened... There's only one answer he'll reach. Me... I am the one responsible for this. I ruined the small fraction of a life he had rebuilt.

"Now the only way out of it for me... Is to end you."

Corey, I know you are mad at me, but please forgive me! I only did this to save Reborn! I know Team Meteor does not forgive, but I will forgive you... I will forgive ZEL... And I will forgive... Taka... But most of all, I will forgive you... Team Meteor or not. You did all of this for the sake of Heather. That is why I will forgive you...

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer98.png.3a5f56eade852897adcf46d78dadbec8.png

As an agent of Team Meteor, Corey sends out Trubbish, and I send out Gardevoir, and have her use Confusion on Trubbish. However, Trubbish survives with a Focus Sash, and lands a Stockpile. Corey heals Trubbish with a Super Potion, and so I finish off Trubbish with another Confusion, and Trubbish is down. Corey sends out Skuntank, so I send out Hydra to deal with Skuntank. Hydra fires off a few Dragon Rages, and Skuntank can't even knock down Hydra. Just when Skuntank is at its last leg, Corey heals Skuntank with a few Super Potions. Thankfully, these are all his Super Potions, so now I can knock out his team with a breeze. I finish off Skuntank with a few more Dragon Rages, and it's finally down. Corey sends out Croagunk, so I keep Hydra out and use Dragon Rage. I heal Hydra with a Super Potion, and finish off Croagunk with Dragon Rage, even though Hydra kept getting Sucker Punched by Croagunk. Corey sends out Haunter, and has Haunter use Confuse Ray. I heal Hydra with another Super Potion, and eventually, Hydra snaps out of his confusion, and gives a Bite to Haunter. Hydra must have bitten Haunter in the face, because Haunter only survived by one life left. Corey gets annoyed by Hydra's sweep, and has it cut short by having Haunter use Destiny Bond. Unfortunately for me, this works, and Hydra is down, along with Haunter. Corey sends out Grimer, and so I send out Henry. I keep having Henry use Charge Beam so his Special Attack stat can increase for when I battle Crobat, his strongest Pokemon. Grimer ends up getting knocked out from Charge Beam spam, and Corey sends out Crobat. Crobat uses Nasty Plot, which is worthless, because Crobat gets mind-blown from Psybeam, and gets knocked out. After a long while, I swiftly win the battle!

Corey is speechless. He tells me to savor this victory, for every joy, bitter misery rushes after. He's surprised that I'm not going to kill him, cause I only came for his badge. Instead, I'll let the police apprehend Corey. However, he says that's not going to work, cause he has a better idea. In fact, the most succulent idea he's ever had in years. He tells me to go to the Beryl Bridge, and whatever answers I desire, he will give me them there. With that said, he vanishes to the Beryl Bridge. I head back to the entrance, and talk to the chief. He's shocked that I defeated Corey, and says that now all they have to do is catch him. However, he can't do much himself unless his men recover.

When I head outside, I find an Absol on top of Corey's gym/home.  Odd...  I can't help but feel something bad is about to happen.  I heal my team, and head to the Beryl Bridge, just like what Corey wanted. However, When I get there, I see Corey and his Pokemon. Apparently, Corey has no further use for his Pokemon, and is releasing them. Why not give them to me? One by one, Skuntank, Croagunk, Grimer, and even Trubbish, who looks back at Corey. Crobat is the only one to stay. However, Corey is harsh to Crobat too, saying that he's not special. Crobat stays, but that just makes Corey mad. Corey then yells at the poor Crobat, and so Crobat flies away. After his Pokemon all run away, his sad music plays, as he says he has no need for his Pokeballs. He asks me what do I want to know. I ask him why he joined Team Meteor first. The reason why he joined Team Meteor is because he didn't have a choice. He was cursed by his own luck. He then tells his story about his life. Once, there was a beautiful Ruby Ring. He scored it from a collector a long time ago. He's not a man of jewelry, but it was the most dazzling ring he had ever seen. He decided that he would introduce that ring to what true beauty was. He offered it to his love in engagement. It wasn't before long after they were married that his wife became pregnant, and they were both very excited. Back then, he was happy. He was naive. His wife... didn't survive Heather's birth. He was told that she died because of a technical error during the delivery... A faulted machine that took her life. She would have been more likely to be stuck by lightning. Then, he learned there was more. The doctor who was in charge of her refused to relinquish that Ruby Ring. Was she murdered for it? But the answer... It was Team Meteor. That doctor had been sent by Team Meteor to steal that ring. For what purpose, we don't know... But Corey bartered with them. He was foolishly desperate to cling onto her memory- because she was the only life he had left. He agreed to serve them as long as he was allowed to keep the ring. He was selfish. He placed his own desires above what was best for Heather. And now because of it, she's gone... He tells me that Heather has the Ruby Ring now, and she will be hunted for it. As a request, he wants me to watch over her for him. He says that he no longer has the right to call himself her father, and so I guess he passes her on to me. He then jumps on the bridge, says that he will be with his love soon, and falls off the edge! It's suicide!

Someone then calls Corey a moron for falling off of the edge. Fern shows up, and says that Corey was the only reason he came up to the Beryl Ward, and now it's a waste of time for him. He laughs at me because he jumped off before he even gave me the badge! He then insults Corey and says that Corey's a sorry excuse for a leader. What a heartless jerk! However, HE sees it as natural selection. 'Big deal if an old guy jumps off a bridge', he says. He taunts me saying if I'm so concerned about him, why not go down there and find him? However, he says something useful. He tells me that Corey fell into the Lapis Ward, which is just north from the Opal Bridge. He doesn't see the point in trying. However, a huge rumbling sound occurs, and he's scared, wondering what the heck it is. He then shows me a huge plume of smoke rising from the North Obsidia Ward! Right at the Grand Stairway! Something's going down, and he's going to go find out what it is. He taunts me and leaves, while I wonder a few things about Corey's story and the events happening now.

I guess there's another mystery on our hands...

Current Pokemon Stats

Well, this team has been trained a lot. Especially Meowth and Kirlia, just so they could evolve into Persian and Gardevoir.

Charmeleon

Level: 31

053.gif

Persian

Name: Persian

130.gif

Gyarados

Level: 30

Moves: Twister, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

282.gif

Gardevoir

Name: Gardevoir

Moves: Magical Leaf, Confusion, Calm Mind, Teleport

064.gif

Kadabra

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter XIII: Unfinished Business On The Way To The Lapis Ward!

Well, it's time for some more Unfinished Business to take care of as I head on my way to the Lapis Ward. First, I think it's time I head to the Beryl Cemetery before we leave the Beryl Ward.

I enter the cemetery, and find a whole lot of graves. I read the names of all of the deceased people, and I find one grave that says this:

"Shadowkeeper- To steal your soul in darkness' shroud..."

After a moment of silence, a shadow jumps out of the grave and attacks me!

Turns out that the shadow was actually a Shuppet. I catch the Shuppet, and name it after it's grave, Shadowkeep. Since there is nothing else in the cemetery, I might as well leave. If I had Rock Smash, I would be able to get into the cave that's near the cemetery, but I don't, so I leave.

I heal my Pokemon and head down to the Jasper Ward. I look around in some buildings, and in one of the buildings, I find a lost Azurill. I decide to take the Azurill along with me, and attempt to give Azurill back to its rightful owner. However, when I go back to the building, the owner of the Azurill is gone. I guess I'll be taking the little Azurill for myself then. Onward to the Peridot Ward!

I look inside the buildings to see if there's anything I missed, and I guess SOMEBODY added something called Common Candy. Thanks, Ame! Anyways, I decide to try finding the source of these Common Candies. I decide to head to the Obsidia Ward, and what luck! A Candy Store has been built! Who built it! Ame, Reborn's very own Willy Wonka! When I get in there, I see all of these hyper-active little boys hyped up on sugar. After seeing the candy store, I leave.

Since it's a windy night, I head up to the Onyx Ward to try finding some rare Pokemon. However, the Pokemon I'm looking for is not there. However, I do find the man and the Lillipup! The man finally caught Lillipup after so long. The man gets tired out and says that he can't keep doing this. He's actually deciding to release Lillipup! However, he feels like he's seen me somewhere before. He doesn't remember meeting me, but he swears he does. He says that he doesn't have the energy to give Lillipup the attention and care it needs. He then comes up with an idea of letting me take care of Lillipup. I'll be happy to take Lillipup off your hands! I take the Lillipup, and then head into the Onyx Arcade.

After a few days of cheat--- I MEAN gambling at the Voltorb Flip, I manage to get enough coins to get all of the Pokemon from the whole arcade. In the Onyx Arcade, I got a Psyduck, a Shinx, and a Trapinch, and I had a total of 20,812 coins.

It gets to be about morning, so I head to the Rooftop Garden, where I now find a lone Starly perched on the roof. Right when I walk up behind it, it attacks me all of a sudden! I catch the startled Starly, then I head out of the Onyx Ward, because I am done with that place for now.

I find a swarm of Hoppips near the Obsidia Slums as well, and decide to catch one for myself. I catch one, then I head over to the Jasper and Beryl Wards to see if there's any other Pokemon that I can catch. I know there's Pokemon still in the Obsidia and Onyx Wards to catch, but I can come back for those later.

Yeah... Never mind. I'm going to go straight to the Lapis Ward.

As I travel the Opal Bridge to the Lapis Ward, I encounter a few trainers that I seem to know. Each of their Pokemon give plenty of experience points for my team, and not to mention, plenty of money too! Eventually, I make it up to what I THINK is the Lapis Ward, but it is ACTUALLY the NORTH OBSIDIA WARD.

People are in panic. Why is everybody in panic? I then find out my answer.

The Grand Stairway was bombed...

People say that the Grand Gate hasn't been used in years. Why would anybody blow up the Grand Stairway?

I guess I'm going to have to find out...

Current Pokemon Stats

The team hasn't trained that much, as I've been just catching Pokemon.

Charmeleon

053.gif

Persian

130.gif

Gyarados

282.gif

Gardevoir

Level: 32

064.gif

Kadabra

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter XIV: Learning About The Reborn Region!

I wander around the North Obsidia Ward for a little bit, and head inside the buildings to see if there's anything inside them. In one house, I stumble upon the Move Deleter. I don't need any moves deleted, so I leave. In the building next door, I find a man who wants to see a Delibird. I'm going to come back here after I find one, of course. I figured the guards wouldn't let me pass, but they did anyways. I guess I'm a hero or something.

I head east, and I find a few buildings where I find myself completely surrounded by gentlemen and old men. These wise men say that they are all going to teach me about the Reborn Region and its beloved locations. Time to learn some facts!

The Opal Ward is in the heart of Reborn City. It's one of the busiest wards, always bustling with Trainers and pedestrians alike. Opal Bridge, the walkway between the lower-level of the Ward and the Obsidia Ward in itself is a renowned battling location. New trainers show up there all the time, so I have to always be on my guard. If you ever need to heal, you should always go to the Grand Hall, the only building in the Opal Ward. The Grand Mall has its own center, mart, and is generally a hub for the Reborn League.

The Obsidia Ward is Reborn's largest Ward, oftentimes considered in two seperate halves, the main and south area, and North Obsidia. Unfortunately, the two halves have been cut off from each other because of the recent earthquakes. Underneath the Obsidia Ward is a network of railway tunnels. When the earthquakes hit, the hollow foundation gave way! Not only is the tunnel unusable, but much of the Obsidia Ward was destroyed, including the HQ of Reborn's largest company, Yureyu! While North Obsidia features the massive Grand Stairway, a monument leading outside the city, South Obsidia is now the prime commercial district. There are salons, shops, and even a beautiful park all along Main Street!

The Onyx Ward is one of the finest residential Wards in the city. This may perhaps be because of its close location to the Onyx Trainer's School! More than just a school, it also doubles as a Reborn League Gym! Young Trainers of all kinds flock their for their own reasons! Between that and the Onyx Arcade, the Onyx Ward is one of the most youthful and lively places in the city!

The Peridot Ward is the second largest Ward in the city. More than any other, however, it's also primarily an Industrial Ward. Factories and warehouses line its shores of Azurine Lake... Many lower-income people live there too! Unfortunately, as a result, the Peridot Ward has become notorious for homelessness and gang activity... However, on the bright side, the Power Plant and Reborn League Gym is also located there, not far fro the Peridot Station, the best way in and out of Reborn!

Boarding the peaceful Malchous Forest, the Jasper Ward is a very moderate residential area. Many families of middle class live there- or... did until quite recently... With the recent expansion of the Malchous Forest, Jasper has become somewhat of a ruin, sadly...

The Lapis Ward is one of the highest-class in Reborn! Perhaps rivaled only by the Onyx Ward, it's an ideal place for a family, with some of the lowest crime-rates in the city! It's also one of the few locations unaffected by disasters... Most notably in the Lapis Ward are a Reborn League Gym, and Dr. Connal's Orphanage. You can hardly miss them!

Boarding the Rhodochrine Jungle, the Beryl Ward is among the larger Wards in Reborn. Although the recent disaster spelled an end for much of its residence, Beryl was formerly a very unique-middle class community. It also held a reputation of being one of the sight-seeing places in the city, as it is the highest-up Ward! It offers great views of the Tourmaline Desert, Reborn City, and even the Azurine Region!

The Coral Ward is the smallest Ward of Reborn, tucked into the corner of the Azurine Lake near South Obsidia. Its main attraction has been its port! Coral is normally a very lively location full of hard-working workers and tourists traveling the lake! Unfortunately, thanks to the recent water quality, there's been little need to go down there...

Now for the Regions!

The Azurine Region lies across from Reborn City! Full of beaches and mountains, it's quite an empty place, speaking in terms of the locals. In fact, there's only one settlement there! On the Apophyll Beach, there is a small academy! Sometimes Trainers who wish not to study in the city go there instead. There are also some islands not far off, known as the Azurine Islands. Little is known about those... Finally, a massive Volcano, known as Pyrous Mountain towers above the area, shedding a layer of ash across it...

The Byxbision Wasteland is a treacherous jumble of debris that surrounds the entire southern boarder of the Reborn Region. Those who venture far out into seldom return, so little is known about it... But whispers of discovered ruins and objects suggest that there was once something else beneath the filth... Something from a story since past and forgotten... Orre it could simply be a rumor...

Much of the Chrysolia Region is an old forest, formerly connecting the route between Reborn City and the Mysidia Region! Other landmarks include the quaint Spinel Town, and the Tanzan Mountain area, a network of sprawling trails and caves!

The Aventurine Region lies just north of Reborn City, through the Grand Gates! On the whole, it's one of the most beautiful places in Reborn, with lush forest, rich peaks, and even a special crystal valley... Also around are the Celestinine River, the famous Agate Circus, and Agate Town with a history older than it belies... As well as a mysterious castle...

The Tourmaline Desert reaches for miles, bordering the north part of the Reborn Region! Many newcomers travel via train across the desert from very far away. What those trainers don't know is the desert's mysterious history! The train tracks have had to been rebuilt several times, thanks to a multitude of strange accidents... As a result, a strange scrapyard of train parts rests out in the middle of the desert... Sometimes, it even stands in the shadow of an enormous tower... But as soon as you blink, the tower vanishes! How curious...

The Carnelia Region is home to the twin cities of Calcenon and Labradorra! They rest in the valley of some of the tallest mountains in Reborn! Though all topped with icy peaks, the tallest by far is Ametrine Mountain! It overshadows even the most important Charous Mountain... ...where the Reborn League Champion waits...

With all of this information shared to me, I leave.

Next door to those buildings is the Reborn Nightclub! Finally, time to party! Unfortunately, I cannot enter the club, because it's for Ace Members only. But I'M an Ace Member!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to come back after I prove myself to the Reborn League.

I head down to the South Obsidia to see if I can actually reach it. However, I get challenged to a battle by a guy with a Meowth, a Koffing, and a Sandshrew. I beat him, and take his money.

I head up the Grand Stairway, and I overhear the guards talking about the bomb. Apparently, the bomb was placed UNDER the Grand Stairway, and nobody thought it was possible to get under there!

Since there's nothing else to do here, I guess it's time to head to the Lapis Ward...

Current Pokemon Stats

Nothing important. This chapter is all about the Reborn Region.

Charmeleon

053.gif

Persian

130.gif

Gyarados

282.gif

Gardevoir

064.gif

Kadabra

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter XV: The Magma/Aqua Gang Heist!

When I get to the Lapis Ward, I find a young lady that battles me. After I defeat her, she says she ran from the falling man, and ran straight for a bomb. Lucky for her, she wasn't hurt.

Falling man... She must mean Corey!

I head down to see if there's anything for me to find, but I stumble upon Reborn City's Bicycle Shop. Finally, just when I was tired of walking around all the time! I walk up to the cashier and request to buy a bike, but they're selling the bicycles for one-hundred-million in Pokemoney! That's even more than what it is in Pokemon Yellow! Since I can't come up with that much money, I leave.

I find an old lady's house, but she kicks me out as soon as I enter it! I guess I'll go somewhere else. I find two guys chatting, and a young man thinking.

I then find a young girl who's standing in front of an orphanage. Dr. Connal's Orphanage, to be exact. She's mumbling things about her sister's birthday, and she can finally escape. She says for her to be strong. She then vows that vengeance will soon be theirs. She then notices me and gets out of my way.

You can finally escape... Soon, vengeance will be ours... What does this all mean...?

I try entering the orphanage, but it's strangely locked. I then talk to a little boy that is hanging around this ominous building, and he says that his daddy always says to stay away from this building. The little boy also tells me that sometimes, he can hear people screaming from inside... Just what is this sick place?

I then head inside this dark alley near the orphanage. It is the territory of the Aqua Gang. Now that they mention it, I DID stumble upon the Magma Gang alley in North Obsidia. I didn't join the Magma Gang though, but since the two Aqua guards are asking if I want to join their family, I might as well.  Plus, I could be paid handsomely. However, just as I think I'm about to pass, the two guards challenge me to a battle.

I send out Persian and Charles, and beat their Remoraid and Clampearl easily. They then send out Totodile and Dewott. Those two were a bit difficult, but I still get them down. Then, their last Pokemon are two Carvanhas. The two Carvanhas end up being difficult to beat too, but I still get them down with Gardevoir and Hydra. Then, the two guards officially welcome me to the Aqua Gang.

The two guys seemed amazed with my work, and say that the Aqua Gang will thrive with me around. They tell me to meet the boss, but I will after I heal my team.

I heal my team, then I introduce myself to the boss of the Aqua Gang, Arc. Arc is thrilled to have me in the Aqua Gang, and introduces me to the crew. First, there's Mannie and Razzy, the two guys I battled to get in. On the left, there's DeFacto and Pierce, who doesn't talk much. Arc then tells me the whole operation.

Operation Briefing: This city is messed up, you already know that. So what our little family does is... ...Well, we just try to get an extra edge in our lives. Some people have a little more than what they need around here... We work on that problem. Some time ago, we were the saviors of this city... .. but everything changed when the Magma Gang attacked. They moved in around here, and now they're pilfering our targets and depriving us of our rep. ...But if we got you, then then they're going to be outnumbered. It's time to kick some Magma butt. So here's the scoop. We've got a gig. Come night fall, a few of us are gonna be meeting in an old shack in the middle of the ward. If you want in, we'd love to have you. We're gonna need all the help we can get. Look forward to seeing you after sundown, soldier.

Meanwhile, after the meeting, I find a few level 25 Pokemon in the Aqua Hideout, and catch them. I then head for the old shack, because it is night fall. I head over to the guy who had a Zigzagoon, but when I battled him, he didn't have a Zigzagoon. Weird. Anyways, I go past him, and try to find the shack.

I find a house, and it turns out that Arc and the others are there. Arc welcomes me, and DeFacto tells me that Mannie and Razzy have been appropriated to guardianship of the headquarters this evening, meaning it's just the four of us. Now, let the meeting begin.

Situation Briefing: Magma Gang's got their eye on a certain rare Pokemon owned by one of Lapis' wealthiest residents. Knowing them, they'll probably try to frame us when they steal it, so we'll have to bust in there, and stop that from happening. If it comes down to it, we'll take the Pokemon for ourselves. The upper class can easily just import a new one from Kanto or Sinnoh. The aforementioned target is identified as Ms. Elena Craudburry, otherwise known as 'Spinster', and 'hag'. To DeFacto, she's known as 'putrid witch who called the city police on me just because I looked at her for more than a millisecond while passing by on the street'. Wretched old lady, if you know her. ...Actually, she's wretched even if you don't know her, but you've got the better end of that bargain. Anyway, our reputation and our safety are at stake here! Let's move out, and put an end to Magma's schemes! Meet us there, Trevo. We'll be watching.

With that said, they vanish, and the heist begins.

I arrive at old Craudburry's house, and sure enough, my fellow comrades are already there. Pierce has Craudburry as a hostage, so I can pass. I enter the room, and it's not what I think. The Magma Gang already beat us to it, and now I have to battle my way to the center. I beat the Magma goon at the entrance, but when I get to the center, it's an all-out war. Arc and DeFacto hold off a grunt and the leader, and so I battle one more Magma goon, who is just too easy. I then go to the table, and take a Water Stone, and Ms. Craudburry's Pokemon. POKEMON LIBERATION!!! Ms. Craudburry's Pokemon was a Ponyta, and so now, I'm going to go drop off Ponyta in the PC.

Apparently, the Magma Gang's Leader is named Maxwell. I was thinking it would be Max. He's shocked that the Aqua Gang has a new member. The city police force is going to be there shortly, so we have to evacuate swiftly. Arc tells me that they'll meet me at the base, and tells me I did an excellent job.

I drop off a Pokemon in the PC, and head back to the Aqua Hideout. Everyone congratulates me on the successful heist, and Arc says the mission debriefing.

Mission Debriefing: You acted valiantly, Trevo. Your presence was crucial in our victory. If you'd like, keep the Pokemon we've acquired. It's a Fire type anyway, isn't it? That's hardly much use to us. Consider it your payoff. Magma Gang is going to be hurting after a resounding loss like that. We're going to take some time and think of our next move... I do hope you'll check in soon.

I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out my next mission.

A few days later...

I decide to head back to old Craudburry's house, and I unexpectedly run into a police officer investigating the crime scene. The old hag then spots me, and reports that I am the criminal who stole her Pokemon.  What she calls 'Stealing', I call Liberation. The officer questions the old hag, as he and the whole city police force know that I am a hero, and would never steal Pokemon. Why, I even rescued him when he was locked in a cage in the Rhodochrine Jungle! Not only that, but I also rescued the rest of the police force, too! Craudburry exclaims that she knows what she saw. The officer says that there is no way to incriminate me just because I happened to walk in the door while she was raving about it. She then yells at the police officer for thinking she is a liar, and insults him by calling him a ungrateful wretched bum. She demands to speak with his superior, but then changes her mind and plans to write a letter, and threatens that he'll be fired and will be forced to starve to death. She then stops acting snooty and just starts RAGING. Like seriously. U mad, hag? She shouts that the authorities are crooks, scum, bile, and snakes. The officer's just sitting there thinking, "no wonder the others insisted on drawing sticks to see who had this case." She then rages some more, saying that the city is GARBAGE, and just throws a huge fit like a spoiled little girl, while the officer is just thinking, "Shut the hell up." After that long episode of drama, I leave, avoiding more crap with the snooty little hag.

As I head outside, the officer comes out and apologizes for the old witch's rude behavior. He then tells me that she is nuts, and tells me not to worry, cause I'm not really a suspect. He then tells me that he still has to properly thank me for saving him before. He gives me something amazing, a Bike Voucher! He tells me that his brother works at that bicycle shop that sold bikes for a fortune. He gave it to the officer as a present for his little girl. Unfortunately... she didn't survive that whole mess in Beryl... She was reading in her room, and then the plants broke through the wall... She was... ... Before he says anything else, he stops. He then tells me to please get the Bike Voucher away from him. He apologizes, then leaves.

Officer, I will avenge your daughter... No matter what happens...

I head down to the bicycle shop, and the owner is shocked that I have a Bike Voucher. He asks me where I got it, and I told him the story of what happened. He's a bit saddened, as I give him the Bike Voucher, and get a Bicycle. After telling him the depressing story, I leave.

After a long wait for the next mission from Arc, I come up with a scheme of my own. I'm going to go infiltrate the Magma Hideout, and take down every last member of the Magma Gang, and that includes their boss, Maxwell.

I ride my bike to the Magma Hideout, and then I battle the guards. All they use is Fire types, so it's really easy to beat them. All I do is use Cut and Dragon Rage. I beat the guards, and ironically, after I beat them, my fellow Aqua comrades show up, and thank me for the diversion. I head onward, and find everyone all locked into battle. All are in battle except Maxwell. Time to show the Magma Gang who's boss around here in Reborn. However, since my Pokemon are probably a lot weaker than his Pokemon, I'm going to hold off on that for a while. Instead, I'm going to challenge the Reborn League Gym at the Lapis Ward.

I will be back, Maxwell. When I return, you're going down!

Current Pokemon Stats

Well, the team leveled up quite a bit. Charles and Hydra learned quite a few new moves too.

Charmeleon

Level: 33

Moves: Scary Face, Dragon Rage, Flame Burst, SmokeScreen

053.gif

Persian

130.gif

Gyarados

Moves: Ice Fang, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

282.gif

Gardevoir

Level: 33

064.gif

Kadabra

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter XVI: The Grand Stairway Conspiracy!

After I train my team a little bit, I head over to the Reborn League Gym at the Lapis Ward. On the way, I hear an elderly couple talk about a man falling from the bridge, and when he went down... I don't want to know the rest, but I'll have to go to the gym and find out.

I head over to the gym, and I find a swarm of people over there. Apparently, when Corey fell from the bridge, he went... splat. I go over to Victoria and Shelly, who Victoria tells politely to step away from the body. Shelly sees the dead Gym Leader, and cries. Victoria tells Shelly that it's going to be ok, and takes Shelly inside the gym. She asks if that dead body is Corey, and unfortunately for her, it is.

While Shelly is still crying, and Victoria is comforting her, two Meteor grunts arrive on the rooftops. These two grunts are Aster and Eclipse! They report to their boss that Agent Beryl is confirmed deceased. Me and Victoria start to notice them, and Victoria asks if they are behind Corey's death. Aster gets mad and says that THEY are the victims here, and says that Corey was their- but Eclipse tells him to shut up. She pushes Aster aside, and threatens everyone to keep their noses out of Meteor's business. She tells Aster to make a move on and then they retreat. Then, Aster confirms her command, and says that they'll need them at the stairway. Victoria finds out that Team Meteor was responsible for blowing up the Grand Stairway. I knew it all along! Aster then gets sarcastic to Victoria, saying a Sunkern did it. Of COURSE it was them! Eclipse is annoyed at Aster, and remarks "Tell them everything, why don't you..." Aster takes this literally, and says that apparently underneath, there was this certain- but Eclipse stops him, and says that was sarcasm. She then demands him to move out. Victoria apologizes to Shelly that she had to see all this, and tells Shelly to come inside, but then she screams. A mysterious man is hovering over the gym, and only speaks in silence. Shelly says that it's only Shade, and asks him what he wants. Shade says nothing, and Victoria says that Shade is taking the body away. Shade and Shelly only take a moment of silence, and then Shade vanishes. Just like that, he's gone... After all that, Victoria takes Shelly inside the gym.

I look at the wall with all of the blood from before, but I guess Shade cleaned up quite nicely. I look at my badges, and I STILL didn't get the third badge. I guess all I got was his blood...

I head inside the gym, and apparently, Shelly isn't taking any challengers. However, she is up in her room, so I go and try talking to her. I talk to Victoria first, who says that she came to challenge Shelly, but she's really worried about her. As soon as they were ready to battle, they saw through the window a man falling off of Beryl Bridge... He landed right outside, and there was blood, and- Shelly is only 12... No one shouldn't have had to see that... Especially Shelly... Now Shelly is so distant... Something's going on. First, the stairway blows up, and now Team Meteor comes to look at a dead man? A dead man who worked for them, too! Victoria asks if the dead man was an agent of Team Meteor. She doesn't know, but she's going to find out. She could ask me, but I guess she wants to find out herself. Aster and Eclipse said that Team Meteor is doing something at the Grand Stairway, so Victoria is going to go there and see what's up. She asks me if I could perhaps come too. I'll be there when I'm ready. Besides, they're probably WAITING for me. Victoria tells Shelly that she's going to be gone for a little while, and asks if Shelly needs anything. Shelly says that there's nothing to get for her, and apologizes. Victoria asks why she's sorry, and it's because Shelly made Victoria worry. Victoria says it's okay, and to be honest, those two don't really know each other. Victoria will be back soon, and tells Shelly to take it easy, and leaves. I talk to Shelly, and she tells me that Heather was one of the only friends she ever had, and hopes she's okay.

I hope Shelly will be okay...

I guess I'll follow Victoria. Time to solve this case!

I head over to the Grand Stairway, and find that the police force is gone. All I see in the hole is a ladder. I head down there, and find that Aster and Eclipse got Victoria in their grasp. Aster notices me, and Eclipse says that there will be no such thing as help. Well of course there is. Help is on the way!!! Eclipse says that we're trespassing on their operating territory, and so they're going to take us down to the big boss man. Game-Set-and Match. Eclipse tries to take Victoria, but Aster stops her and says that they should also try to take ME too, after what happened at the factory. Eclipse calls him stupid and says that then me and Victoria will try to team up on them. She then plans to lock Victoria up, and use her as bait in order to lure me in. She says it's a lose/lose for me, and to either let them get away with her, or fall into the trap myself. Check-mate. They then leave with Victoria, and I follow.

I climb down the ladder, and find myself between a three-way fork in the road. I look for the right path on the left and right, but I need the HM Rock Smash to pass. I guess the only way is to go down. I find some wild Pokemon, but my biggest question of all: WHY is there a LEVEL ONE DUNSPARCE? Seriously, just WHY? I kill it with Hydra, and Hydra only gets two experience points. Seriously... Why...

I make my way down, and I find an empty corridor, filled with many Unowns. What's pretty amazing is that these Unowns are easy to train from, as all they know is Hidden Power. Hell, I even found a level 38 Unown here!

After I train my Pokemon, I head deeper in the tunnel, and find a strange man in front of a large gate. He asks me if I have ever had any idea such a place as this existed beneath the city. To be honest, I'm quite shocked such a place exists. He says that most do not... Most people are ignorant... Worse, oblivious. He asks if I know what is beyond that gate. He tells me it is the very core of the Reborn Region... A vast power, unrivaled by any other. He tells me this is a sacred place. He asks me one question in particular. How insolent must one be to build a city over such a precious site?

"THAT is Reborn. The city of insolence."

He tells me that it was ironically built on four key powers, which are also on the city symbols. He tells me to observe as he explains each of them respectively.

Ruby, the seal of pain.

Sapphire, the seal of love.

Emerald, the seal of faith.

And Amethyst, the seal of the beyond.

"Each one of them is a key... When the four are brought together, Reborn's true power- it's sacred rite- will be restored! We will be rid of this malignant junkyard of a city... Beauty can be restored to the world..."

The only thing I wonder is why he's telling me all of this. He says that it's better I should know... Everyone should know. He says I can go free, and so can my friend Victoria. She's just up ahead. He says to do what I will to the clowns who keep her here, and he tells me that before I leave this place, I should take this place with me.  To share this place with the world, and remind them:

"This world which they have undone will itself be their own undoing."

Who... Who was that guy?

I head on ahead, and sure enough, he's right. Aster and Eclipse have her locked in a cell. When I arrive to save Victoria, Aster is confused, and wonders if their boss let me go. Eclipse says she told him they shouldn't count on him to do our work. I guess that's why he wanted me to deal with Aster and Eclipse, cause they made him do their work. Aster then says that they're going to capture me anyways. Victoria says she has my back, but how can she fight, when she is locked in a cell? Oh well, I trust her well enough. Eclipse tells her to keep quiet, while Victoria back-sasses her.

You go, girl! Let's do this fight!

vsTrainer84.png.54488f49765127cd55376a57db585796.pngvsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer92.png.a0d347db642a915037d14510e03a9162.png

Aster sends out Lunatone, Eclipse sends out Solrock, Victoria sends out Pignite, and I send out Charles. I keep attacking Lunatone with Dragon Rage, while Victoria attacks Solrock with Take Down. Lunatone and Solrock can't even do much, all they can do to harm us is Rock Slide. Unfortunately, Rock Slide is what knocks out Charles. I send out Gardevoir and Calm Mind to build it up. Ironically, Solrock's Psywave isn't doing much to Pignite. However, Aster uses a Super Potion on Lunatone. Eclipse also gives Solrock a Super Potion as well. Just as Pignite is about to knock out Solrock, Astere's Lunatone knocks out Pignite. Victoria then sends out Scraggy, who might have a chance against two Rock/Psychic types. I weaken Lunatone, but Scraggy finishes Lunatone off with Payback. Aster then sends out Electabuzz. I then knock out Solrock with a Confusion from Gardevoir. Eclipse then sends out Magmar, who manages to somehow burn Scraggy when I wasn't looking. Gardevoir uses Confusion on Electabuzz, brutally knocking it out in two hits. Unfortunately, Magmar uses Confuse Ray on Gardevoir, so she might not attack for a while. Lucky for me, just before Gardevoir was about to faint from a barrage of attacks, Scraggy saved me with Hi Jump Kick, and knocked out Electabuzz. Gardevoir manages to snap out of confusion, and knocks out Magmar with Confusion, which saves me the trouble of losing terribly, and allows me to win the battle!

Eclipse is annoyed so much, that she gives up on trying to fight. Aster then yells and says to go. Their boss said it was fine if we escaped anyways. Eclipse says that they'll be leaving now, but she says that just because we beat them, doesn't mean we won. They then make a clean getaway. Victoria thanks me for coming for her, and tells me not to worry. They didn't hurt her or anything, but all their boss did was talk to her. He told her about that gate up there... Just like how he told me about the gate too... She asks me if maybe it's better for them somehow if people know about this place, in which I think it's safe to, as long as they don't cause any harm. She then realizes that she's been down there for so long, she forgot about Shelly... She hopes Shelly's okay. She says she's going to go back to the Lapis Gym to check on Shelly. She thanks me again for saving her, and leaves.

I have to thank Victoria too, because she healed my Pokemon after the battle. I explore around this cave a little bit,, and find that there's ANOTHER person down here. He says he's the doctor of the Underground world, and he gives me TM94, Rock Smash. FINALLY!!! I thank him for getting me that move, and try to use Rock Smash, but it turns out I have to beat Shelly before I can do any Rock Smashing. I leave and head back up to Reborn City.

Just who is this guy...? Is that man at the gate... The true boss of Team Meteor?

Current Pokemon Stats

Well, the team leveled up quite a bit. Charles and Hydra learned quite a few new moves too.

Charmeleon

Level: 35

053.gif

Persian

130.gif

Gyarados

Moves: Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, Bite, Dragon Rage

282.gif

Gardevoir

Level: 36

064.gif

Kadabra

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter XVII: Dr. Sigmund Connal, And The Mysterious Orphanage!

I head back to the Lapis Gym, and find Victoria in Shelly's room talking to Shelly. Victoria thanks me again for my help. I guess she got carried away. However, Shelly seems to be torn up about having seen the... death of her friend's father. Maybe Shelly needs help. Victoria says that there is a psychiatrist who has some notoriety... His name is Dr. Connal... Victoria asks me if I should see if he can see Shelly. After all, she doesn't want her to be scarred for life... Shelly already seemed so frail... I tell Shelly about the news, and she asks if she's sick. She is only worried about Heather... Now that's a true friend right there.

I leave Shelly's house and head to Dr. Connal's Orphanage, even though I'd rather not want to. When I get there, the door just swings open. A girl with pink hair and green clothes comes out, and says that she has to get out of here... finally... Is this what that other girl meant? She then runs off. Apparently, the girl left the door unlocked, because I get in, but the moment I do, a little girl holding a Jirachi doll greets me at the door. She says I'm not Laura, and asks if I have seen her. Apparently, the girl with pink hair is Laura, and she just left. She asks me who I am, and why I'm all glowy. Someone tells her that nobody is glowing, and calls her Anna. She says he is mistaken, because I clearly am- nevermind. She then drags me around to introduce me to everybody. She introduces herself as Anna, and her Jirachi doll's name is Nostra. That kid who looks similar to her is Noel, and he has a Cleffa doll named Nomos. Noel tells me that Nostra and Nomos are just dolls, which is true. However, Anna clearly denies that fact. Anyways, then she introduces me to the fiery girl named Charlotte. According to Anna, she's her friend, and also according to her, Charlotte is really really pretty. You just have to see through the burn scars... Charlotte tells Anna for the last time that those aren't scars, and Noel says that she really doesn't. However, Anna just denies it in her head, and all she says is that Charlotte is pretty. Charlotte introduces herself, and says that Laura is her sister. Laura just happens to be one of Reborn's Elite Four. I guess awesomeness DOES run in Charlotte's family. Noel says that if she's going to mention that, she may as well tell how Anna- but then Anna cuts him off and says that Charlotte and Noel are also Gym Leaders. Anna says that she's going to miss Laura, but she's glad she's finally getting out. Noel says by that, she means that Laura turned 18 today, so she doesn't have to stay here anymore... Charlotte explains that this is an orphanage. They're all stuck here until 'the good Doctor' decides to let them out, or they become legal adults. So basically, forever. Noel says that the Doctor is scary... Anna says that it is true, because Sigmund has really strong Electric Type Pokemon, and he uses them in his 'therapy'... It really hurts... According to her, Nostra says that she thinks past patients have died. She thinks so too, because when you're around him, if you listen carefully, you can hear voices... However, Charlotte hasn't heard anything like that, so she doesn't know if it's real. Anna asks what I'm here for, and I tell them about Shelly's problem. However, Anna tells me to keep her AWAY from here! All of a sudden, Nostra says that the Doctor is coming!

Sure enough, the doll was right. Dr. Connal showed up due to the noise. He introduces himself as Dr. Sigmund Connal, but I may refer to him as "Doctor." He asks what he can do to help me, and Anna tells him that I heard there was Gym Leaders here, and came by because of that! I seriously don't know what all the trouble with this guy is. Apparently, Dr. Sigmund takes the lie, and says that it's true, there are some particularly 'gifted' individuals among his adopted patients. He notices my confidence in my skill, and admires it. He tells an orderly to conduct a brief examination of me. He then tells him to begin the examination.

It turns out that the examination is a battle. I beat the orderly easily, because all he had was Electric-Types and a Slowpoke. Dr. Sigmund is impressed with my battle. However, he's afraid he cannot permit a battle with them. This location is unsuited to challenges of such magnitude. However, he's afraid he also cannot allow them to leave. According to him, the individuals in question are highly volatile characters, and accordingly, they are not to be allowed outside of their facilities. It is regrettable, but it cannot be helped. I guess I'll have to wait. Anna chimes in saying that must mean I will have to be leaving now... She then tries to kick me out of the orphanage, but while she does, she tells me to trust her, because the Doctor isn't the doctor for Shelly... She then predicts that Nostra says she can feel Shelly's sorrow on me, too... She then says that something really bad must have happened. She tells me to tell Shelly to look out for the one who's really hurt by this... If she does that, she won't have time to be sad herself... Dr. Sigmund notices the whispering, and wonders what's going on. Anna denies everything, and kicks me out of the orphanage.

I head back to the Lapis Gym, and back up to Shelly's room, and tell Victoria what happened. I then tell Shelly the message of what Anna said to me. Shelly then gets back up on her feet, and says that she needs to find Heather. However, Victoria tells her to stay here and rest. However, Shelly says she is perfectly fine. She thanks me, and goes to find Heather, but first, she remembered Victoria's Gym Battle request. Shelly completely forgot, and says that they can do it now. However, Victoria is fine without the battle. She'd rather wait until everything's sorted out. Although one person might want to battle her... Me! Shelly accepts my request, and tells me to come downstairs whenever I'm ready. She then leaves, while Victoria stays to talk to me. She says that Shelly is strong, getting through it like that. However, Victoria doesn't know...

Right after I heal my Pokemon and try to enter the Gym part, Victoria stops me and asks me if I really have to fight Shelly. She's just recovering from a traumatic encounter... Victoria is worried that this is just going to stress her out more. Victoria is trying to stop me... With another Pokemon battle. She doesn't want either of me or Shelly to lose.

Let's... Go...

huh. I guess Victoria's Title changed to Apprentice. She sends out Scraggy while I send out Charles. I attack with Flame Burst, but Scraggy manages to get a pretty good Brick Break.. Unfortunately, Victoria gives Scraggy a Super Potion. I attack some more, and she gives Scraggy another few Super Potions. Eventually, I knock out Scraggy, and Victoria sends out Pignite. I switch out into Gardevoir, and use Calm Mind three times, then I attack with Confusion, and wipe out Pignite. She then sends out Hariyama, and Gardevoir uses Magical Leaf because she's disobeying me, but Magical Leaf surprisingly knocks out Hariyama, despite his defenses. That's not all of her Pokemon, as she sends out Kirlia, who I just knock out with Magical Leaf. I guess the battle ended quickly, because well, I won.

No matter what she does, Victoria can't stop me. All she tells me is to please be gentle with her. Just wait till you see my CHARIZARD once Charles evolves! She tells me to win, otherwise it would be all for nothing, but still to please be gentle with her. She then leaves, which means it's time to challenge Shelly!

Current Pokemon Stats

Nothing much happened, except Charles is almost ready to evolve.

Charmeleon

053.gif

Persian

130.gif

Gyarados

Moves: Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, Bite, Dragon Rage

282.gif

Gardevoir

064.gif

Kadabra

137.gif

Porygon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chapter XVIII: Shelly, The Lonely Bookworm!

I head inside the Lapis Gym, and I find the gym guy, and he tells me that the gym is a garden and a library all in one. He tells me that the computers in here raise and lower the bookshelves so I can get to any book I want to read, or in my case, get to Shelly. Despite her youth, she's quite talented. Apparently, the Leader position runs in her family. Her older brother is a Gym Leader in the Johto Region! Shelly seems to care a lot for her older brother, because she even named her Volbeat after him! I learn that her Volbeat has the ability Prankster, which makes any Pokemon go first with moves that don't attack. Not only that, but Volbeat can also use Tail Glow to make its Special Attack increase drastically, making him unstoppable. However, I have Charles on my team, so I can get Volbeat down before he can even attack. He wishes me luck, as I go onward.

First, I have to get to the computers, but I can't do that without battling some trainers. The first computer I head to is on the left, and so I beat the trainer guarding it. According to him, Shelly is the one who set up this elaborate puzzle. Each trainer I battle, I get more advice about the puzzle, and then, that's where it hit me.

To solve the puzzle, I must turn on the computer at my right of the entrance. Then, I must go up the middle, and go to the computer with stairs and turn on another computer. Then, I must go down the right set of stairs, and turn on the computer at my left of the entrance. Then, I must go to the now high bookcase, an turn on the computer that's there. Then, I must shut off both of the computers at the entrance, and then turn on the computer that is now shown at the bottom of the right shelf, and then turn on the computer that is now shown at bottom of the far right shelf. Then, I go back to the entrance, turn both computers back on, and then I go up to Shelly's room, and turn the computer on from outside her room. Now all of the bookshelves are at their highest limit, and I can now get access to Shelly's Gym Room!

I head into her gym room, and talk to Shelly. She asks me what I thought of her garden library, which was pretty simple. She admits she's kind of a bookworm, but in reality, she spends a lot of time reading so she can be good enough for her brother. She says that he's so cool, because he's a Gym Leader in Johto. She wanted to be just like him, so she came to Reborn to be a Gym Leader. but no matter what she did, it was never enough. He always just pretends that she doesn't exist... She says it's fine though, because she knows her place. She then apologizes for going off topic, and wishes me good luck.

Shelly, one day, your brother will notice your potential, and when he does, he'll regret ignoring you.

vsTrainer0.png.2e413ed3f48c8d60363b9706639cbcef.pngvs.png.fa779e7deea06f1a0131c54153205bd4.pngvsTrainer101.png.151d74754f091c25a6e2dbaf53cf3201.png

As a Bookworm, she uses Bug-types. She sends out Dwebble, while I send out Hydra. Hydra uses Aqua Tail on Dwebble, who survives thanks to Sturdy. Shelly gives Dwebble a few Super Potions, as I let her waste all of them from having Hydra use Aqua Tail on Dwebble. Eventually, Dwebble faints from another Aqua Tail, and then Shelly sends out Heather, who is a Yanmega. Finally, Gym Leaders who nickname their Pokemon! I knock out Heather with a few Ice Fangs, and give Hydra a Super Potion as Shelly sends out Scyther. She withdraws Scyther and sends out Wormadam. I knock down Wormadam with a few Ice Fangs, and Shelly sends out Scyther again. I finish off Scyther with another Ice Fang from Hydra, and now Shelly sends out Masquerain. I finish off Masquerain with a few Ice Fangs, despite being paralyzed from Masquerain's Stun Spore. Shelly then sends out her final Pokemon, Bugsy the Volbeat! I switch out Hydra for Charles this time, and use Flame Burst. However, Bugsy uses Confuse Ray on Charles, so now Charles is confused. While Bugsy uses the deadly Tail Glow, Charles finishes off Bugsy with another Flame Burst, and I win the battle swiftly!

And now... The moment is here... Charles evolves into... A Big Black Charizard! Charles now wants to learn Wing attack, so I teach it over Scary Face.

Shelly assumes that she'll never live up to her brother's expectations, and her brother is Bugsy! And he's the SECOND Gym Leader of the Johto Region! She is better than him! She says it's okay though, and gives me the Cocoon Badge. The Cocoon Badge allows Pokemon up to level 40 to listen to me at my every command. Not only that, but it also lets me use Rock Smash outside of battle. She also realizes she has one more thing to give me, and that's TM76 Struggle Bug. She explains that Struggle Bug is useful offensively and defensively. It can damage and lower an opponent's Special Attack. She says to call it as thanks for helping her get back up on her feet.

I then leave, but then Shelly stops me. She apologizes that she forgot to mention something earlier. She says that actually, the Reborn League has a Reserve Leader for every type. That is, when a Gym Leader retires, the Reserve Leader takes their place... Of course, since Heather's dad Corey was a Gym Leader, that means that the Poison Reserve Leader is now the new Gym Leader... However, maybe they don't know that yet since Corey died. She tells me that I should go to the Grand Hall, and tell Ame what happened. That way, they can get it sorted out. She apologizes again, and wishes me good luck.

It seems I am on another mission...

Current Pokemon Stats

Well, most of the team is level 36, and now Charles is a shiny black Charizard!

006s.png.d8927ace6002e567410dbbe581bfaae1.png

Charizard

053.gif

Persian

130.gif

Gyarados