Version -1 | Where Love Lies

Jan

I went ahead and restarted, since I had missed two of the requirements for the true ending anyway, and...

Spoiler

The twisted version of Taelia's theme that plays in the Ruffian Base is friggin' creepy! I think I like it

• Developers

So is it just me, or anyone else feel a slight Fate/Stay Night influence? Mostly with Keta's character. Halfway through, loving it so far btw, and I can't help but connect the similarities.  @AquaShadow85

I've actually never played/seen Fate series. I'm pretty curious on the similarities there are. 

Spoiler

Having either krookodile (what I used) or garchomp can help quite a bit with muk, giving the Rocky Helmet to forretress allows you to deal some chip damage to his weavile, lucario can naturally deal with the parts of his team that don't have secondary Types that resist Fighting (or are flat-out immune to it, in spiritomb's case), though it does have to worry about scrafty... Don't forget that Tessie can take advantage of the Frozen Dimensional Field as well, and florges is plenty capable of putting the hurt on his spiritomb.

Well done Jan! I really loved this story and it undoubtedly added a generous amount of character development for Keta. I agree with others suggestion if it is possible (depending on time and/or if you desire to even do it at all) Why not have more of these side stories? We already have "Version 1" in the title of this topic, we can have a "Version 2" for the next  installment. I think many can agree that this is a very unique experience even in a fan-game! I also believe with the large abundant of characters in this game it can help certain characters get more spotlight.

Ren is such a character for example. With these episodes we can explore how the fire affected Goldenleaf Town and the communities growth to hate the outside world, then explore Ren's adventures in Gearen before the player arrived, and eventually wrap it up with what Ren is doing behind the scenes with Team Xen. Of course, this is just an idea but I'm sure other characters can be used as well.

Edited by DetectiveBatsy™
  • Like 2

Well... what to say ?

It was a fun ride. Kenneth definitely didn't had an easy life and i really enjoyed going through all this with him. It was sad, it was cheerful, it was heartbreaking. I thought the worst would be chapter 3, where I was apprehending the outcome and Taelia's death all along, but I never expected how it would turn out in chapter 4, which was on the same level, imo. A real rollercoster of emotion there, so I only have one thing to say :

Thank you for your work Jan. All your work. And hoping there will be more of this.

P.S. : just a small liiiiiittle microscopic detail. Well, four actually (there was 2 mankeys) :

5ad3d129e9f07_passympaJan2.png.af8f90b59d7d8389b2cad2cbe497e510.png5ad3d132544e9_passympadutoutJan.png.38da2438aaddc3a9afb09e8bf6ecf981.png5ad3d11fcaf36_passympaJan.png.adf64e69c1554f3332fc796d7bce1dbb.png

Doing that is actually pure evil Jan. Mean Jan.

Finished it for the second time and got the true ending. I think this song kinda reflects my feelings.

Spoiler

If the Beheeyem Trainer was behind everything, and the Fire that Burned down Taelia and Kenneth's house, Who was behind the Fires at Wispy Tower and East Gearen? They didn't really have anything to do with her plan. Was it just her way of warning Keta of what was to come?

Spoiler

I interpreted that part of the conversation as the other person setting all of the fires, with Mysterious Figure ??? only showing up to make sure the other guy actually did their job right (which they technically still didn't- she makes it quite clear that she doesn't like the assassin). All of the other fires had the goal to offing someone close to Kenneth- the friends he had made in Gearen (it... managed to kill a couple family dynamics, I guess?), his daughter in Wispy Tower (which flopped because he had Nora not attend that field trip out of paranoia), and then the Eldest (though her house may have been a distraction- we do know that the Beheeyem Girl made use of that fire herself, though).

That said, we still have no earthly idea who the assassin is, only that they have a bisharp and Yveltal. The latter's particularly notable for me- I don't know if this had been changed in V10, but older Versions of the game had Madame X apologizing to her father in the event that you actually beat her at Blacksteeple, before continuing the actual cutscene. And I'm fairly certain that the Beheeyem Girl kept referring to the assassin with male pronouns...

But yeah, I was certainly not expecting this particular title to have a double meaning. Though I probably should've expected it to have a dark undertone in hindsight...

On 4/18/2018 at 8:40 PM, Autumn Zephyr said:
  Hide contents

I interpreted that part of the conversation as the other person setting all of the fires, with Mysterious Figure ??? only showing up to make sure the other guy actually did their job right (which they technically still didn't- she makes it quite clear that she doesn't like the assassin). All of the other fires had the goal to offing someone close to Kenneth- the friends he had made in Gearen (it... managed to kill a couple family dynamics, I guess?), his daughter in Wispy Tower (which flopped because he had Nora not attend that field trip out of paranoia), and then the Eldest (though her house may have been a distraction- we do know that the Beheeyem Girl made use of that fire herself, though).

That said, we still have no earthly idea who the assassin is, only that they have a bisharp and Yveltal. The latter's particularly notable for me- I don't know if this had been changed in V10, but older Versions of the game had Madame X apologizing to her father in the event that you actually beat her at Blacksteeple, before continuing the actual cutscene. And I'm fairly certain that the Beheeyem Girl kept referring to the assassin with male pronouns...

But yeah, I was certainly not expecting this particular title to have a double meaning. Though I probably should've expected it to have a dark undertone in hindsight...

Spoiler

The Identity of the Assassin is a mystery for the MC to solve another day, I guess. Aelita will most likely get Taelia's memories, but Taelia never saw the actual assassin. Just the Pawniard and Beheeyem trainer.

Are you suggesting that Madame X had a dad, and he's the murderer?

Spoiler

She does mention having a father in one of her earlier defeat quotes (the image presented here is from when she had more than just Yveltal). I've never beaten her myself, so I don't know if she still has this line nowadays, but it is a bit of a standout. Besides, it's not like we have any other leads at the moment- I can't remember any major characters using a pawniard or bisharp in the main game yet, making that one less viable as a clue.

That sprite definitely needed the rework it got, though

Spoiler

She does mention having a father in one of her earlier defeat quotes (the image presented here is from when she had more than just Yveltal). I've never beaten her myself, so I don't know if she still has this line nowadays, but it is a bit of a standout. Besides, it's not like we have any other leads at the moment- I can't remember any major characters using a pawniard or bisharp in the main game yet, making that one less viable as a clue.

I see this line more like something you say "to" someone who's dead, you know ? You're not really talking to you, nor to this person, more to his memory, apologizing. Maybe this line will appear clear once we have more intel on Madame X background ? Because, for me, she's definitely the one who killed Nora. Don't know why, but i'm sure it is, i don't think there are multiple legendary in Rejuvenation, and since it's not that far from the start of the game... (well, okay, 10 years... but hey, she's probably not 20 ! Plus, she can travel through time, dammit !)

To do that you must re-visit the place where you fight Beheeyem in Gearen city in Episode 1 itself and obtain an item hidden in the rocks, not detectable by any itemfinder. Only then the time capsules you gather will work. Otherwise, it will be discarded. Also, don't take the time capsule from the pit after fighting nihilego. I guess that is bugged or so, I was told

• Developers

@DreamblitzX

There is still one planned, yeah, but school has really gotten hectic so I haven't had the chance to sit down and go through the last few remaining things for the patch. Apologies for the delay. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

@BRS swag I know how to get it, but I picked up the Nihelego one too, hence why I was asking about the patch

@Jan no worries, IRL always comes first, and I was just wondering to check if I should still be checking this thread every so often, or if it was 'done' at this point

• 2 weeks later...

*SPOILERS*

There A Bug In The Game If you lose to the regigigas in the amethest cave in respawns u out the door stuck and unable to move in the water if u want to see for your watch the vod  and go to the 15 minute marker PLEASE HELP this happened in a middle of a stream 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 8:53 PM, Dave9 said:

I really liked this especially after being given very few answers last time, as soon as I wandered about why Aelita's hair was pink after waking up I got the answer very soon. For those who know, what is the regular ending? The true ending is quite sad and twisted. Some of you have to wonder who was that red haired girl with the beheeyem

I can't figure out how to get the true ending, but i feel like she may be madelis (I HAVE NO IDEA, IM STILL TRYING TO KILL THE DAMN WEAVILE I haven't seen anything saying it is or isn't)