My Awesome Pokemon Adventure

J-Awesome_One

• Veterans
1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

But it's still standing even when the battle ends. Haha.

Just cuz it's still standing doesn't mean it's not fainted. It could just be barely standing up and Solaris hasn't returned it yet, etc. Hard to depict that with sprites this small, so it's left up to your interpretation.

25 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Just cuz it's still standing doesn't mean it's not fainted. It could just be barely standing up and Solaris hasn't returned it yet, etc. Hard to depict that with sprites this small, so it's left up to your interpretation.

He'd pretty much have to like grab it out and then touch the Garchomp in like 2 seconds. Idk. Haha.

17 minutes ago, chaoticangel97 said:

You know, seeing this makes me want to write up a run like this...but instead of a random custom trainer....Trainer Red takes on the Reborn League! Wonder how far a level 88 Pikachu could actually carry a person. :P

A level 88 Pikachu from the start?

1 minute ago, chaoticangel97 said:

Mostly a joke, even if I did a Trainer Red run, I wouldn't use the levels from the Mt. Silver fight lol. Just an amusing train of thought, wondering how far a high level Pikachu could carry you lol. I mean, level 88, but it's still just a Pikachu XD.

Plus, it wouldn't listen to you half the time in Reborn. :P

From personal experience, the level limit actually isn't too much of a hindrance. With a little luck anyway. Testing an overleveled Pokemon I got through wondertrade, they generally listen just enough to get you through a lot of things lol. Anyways, keep it up dude! This is pretty entertaining to read so far. Really does make me want to do a run like this of my own.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, chaoticangel97 said:

From personal experience, the level limit actually isn't too much of a hindrance. With a little luck anyway. Testing an overleveled Pokemon I got through wondertrade, they generally listen just enough to get you through a lot of things lol. Anyways, keep it up dude! This is pretty entertaining to read so far. Really does make me want to do a run like this of my own.

Thanks and you should. I always love seeing other people and what they do with the reborn characters and their own and how they interact and maybe possibly change.

• 3 weeks later...

O4eGhpi.png

DURING THE TIME MATTHEW WAS UNCONSCIOUS…

Matthew: Mmm. Urgh. Uhh… Wha- Holy shit!

I woke up to my face right in front of lava. I jumped up onto my feet trying to get away from the lava but then I noticed something. I was standing on top of the lava and I wasn’t burning alive. This could only mean 1 thing.

Matthew: Ohh. I must be dreaming and this is what Wehttam picked out for me.

Wehttam: Correct Matthew!

Matthew: Ahh! Arceus Damnit Wehttam! Don’t startle me like that.

1IqlPJu.png

Wehttam: I apologize of the scaring of you my dear friend but nonetheless, you are correct.

Matthew: So why this place? I mean… Last time I was near lava, not a lot of good stuff happened.

Wehttam: While that is true, I felt as this still might make you feel comforted somehow.

Matthew: Well… The heat does feel good. For SOME reason but it does. So I’ll take your word for it.

Wehttam: I must say, I am glad that your face had stayed intact despite the damage you received from that monstrous monster.

Matthew: Ohh yea! My cheek! -feels my cheek- Wait. My cheek feels like nothing has happened to it.

Wehttam: But of course. This is a dream after all.

Matthew: Ahh. That does make sense. I suppose this will be the only place that my cheek will be intact and not scarred.

Wehttam: Indeed my companion. But there are other matters at hand that we must discuss.

Matthew: You’re right. That thing… Or us… Or whatever that was. Mattam.

Wehttam: Yes. I too have no clue how this happened.

Matthew: Wait. Wait. There are entities that invade people’s bodies with their soul and this has NEVER happened til now?!

Wehttam: I’m afraid so. But from this new experience, I do know 1 thing.

Matthew: And what’s that?

Wehttam: Our souls intertwined with each other.

Matthew: So basically… Our souls like fused?

Wehttam: Yes. For some reason, this event caused our souls to fuse into 1.

Matthew: Hmm. That explains why we were as 1 with my body. At least, it makes sense to me.

Wehttam: I apologize if I had made your friends uncomfortable or anything of the sort.

Matthew: No no. Don’t worry. It’s alright. I’d have to explain to them about you sooner or later anyways.

Wehttam: I suppose so. But still. This new phenomenon that occurred has caused me to become curious about it.

Matthew: Yea. Me too.

Matthew: Well…

Wehttam: Hmm? Do you have a theory as to why that happened?

Matthew: Somewhat. I remember calling you when everything was getting dicey but also at the same time, I… I…

Wehttam: You what?

Matthew: I didn’t wanna completely wanna go. I wanted to stay and fuck him up for trying to do something to Laura. And also messing up my face. And then that’s when, I guess, Mattam happened.

Wehttam: Wait. You say you called upon my name and yet you didn’t want to actually go away?

Matthew: Mhm. I was so full of rage.

Wehttam: I may have a theory on how Mattam was created then.

Matthew: Really? What is it?

Wehttam: I’m not sure if the anger has to do with it but you didn’t want to go or fully go, correct?

Matthew: Yes?

Wehttam: Hmm. Since you felt that way, the cross between our souls stopped midway and thus, we were both able to assume control of your body.

Matthew: Wow… That’s just crazy but… To be honest, it could be helpful.

Wehttam: True. It threw our enemy off guard and we were able to defeat his Pokemon.

Matthew: Looks like we got another useful transformation.

Wehttam: Yes but…

Matthew: But what?

Wehttam: Unlike me assuming control of your body, this transformation seems to drain the energy of our souls while were are formed as Mattam.

Matthew: Wait. Your energy isn’t drained when you normally take over?

Wehttam: It does but it takes a while for it to drain completely. Depending on what we are doing, we could stay in control for up to a week. But in this form, while we just found out about it, I would estimate that the time we could spend in that form is for maybe 12 hours. But unlike me, where you’d just regain control of your body-

Matthew: In this form, I’d have used all my energy as well and I’d lose consciousness. Of course. It makes sense now.

Wehttam: Yes. Since this was our 1st time being in this form, the energy must have been used up faster than we were used to.

Matthew: I was thinking the same thing. Well, I’m glad we got that sorted out. But there’s something else that’s been on my mind. What the hell was with our hair.

Wehttam: Matthew, I know you’ve been through a lot in these past couple of hours but I have the gray hair remember?

Matthew: You know, you don’t have to be a smartass about it. But yes. You’re right. It’s clear now. But why was our 1 eye red then?

Wehttam: That… is a question I can’t even come up with a reason for.

Matthew: Well, as long as it doesn’t hinder our ability to work together while we’re like that, then it doesn’t bother me.

Wehttam: Agreed.

Matthew: Still… I can’t believe Kiki…

Wehttam: I am sorry you lost a friend but she did die protecting the place she loved Matthew. I don’t think she would have it any other way.

Matthew: Yea… Yea. You’re right. You know, I just realized that I’ve been in here longer than usual.

Wehttam: Well, you literally did take a beating and also with everything about our souls being fused for the period of time, you’re out like a light in the real world.

Matthew: Yea. That must be ot. But still. I think I’m gonna try to go back to the real world.

Wehttam: Wait wait… Before you go, I need to ask you something.

Matthew: What is it?

Wehttam: That Laura girl. I know you like her and all and she’s most certainly a good friend but… is she really necessary to be here?

Matthew: What do you mean?

Wehttam: She almost cost you your life. I just don’t think we should have that kind of… distraction in this adventure of ours.

Matthew: She’s not a hindrance. She’s not a bad person to have on the team. Just because I like her doesn’t mean she should be booted out of here. That’s messed up dude.

Wehttam: I was just making sure you knew about my worried.

Matthew: Well next time you have a worry about that, keep it to yourself, would ya?

Wehttam: … If that is what you wish for.

Matthew: You’d probably do the same for Florinia if she were here. Right Wehttam?

Wehttam: Well… I mean-

Matthew: Exactly. Anyways… I’ll see you next time something weird and wonky happens. Night?

Wehttam: Farewell friend.

I laid back down onto the lava and closed my eyes. In no time at all, I was fast asleep. I wasn’t sure if I heard this correctly, but I swore before falling fully asleep, I heard a voice say “you’re gonna have a nice surprise when you wake up.”

WEHTTAM RATINGS

Spoiler

Wehttam -1 (9/10) - It's good that we found out, or at least have a theory, on what happened to us up on Pyrous Mountain. That was just wildly crazy. But still. I can't believe he would dare talk about Laura like that. I know he's just making sure that I'm alright and stuff but he shouldn't have brought her into this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kewl stuff, tho I'm not a love type of person so can't help but cringe rip

I like that you hold your girlfren in high esteem tho~ Laura is an Elite Four (tho ex-Elite later) so she should make a reliable team regardless of relationship 😛

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Candy said:

Kewl stuff, tho I'm not a love type of person so can't help but cringe rip

I like that you hold your girlfren in high esteem tho~ Laura is an Elite Four (tho ex-Elite later) so she should make a reliable team regardless of relationship 😛

It's ok. xD I just figured that since all of the other runs I've read hadn't done this yet, I might as well do it.  But I can get why it's cringe worthy. But yea. That is me in real life.

26 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

It's ok. xD I just figured that since all of the other runs I've read hadn't done this yet, I might as well do it.  But I can get why it's cringe worthy. But yea. That is me in real life.

An affectionate boi eh? That's cute x3 I considered putting romance in my run too ngl, but Vanilla is just... plainly unshippable (except perhaps on a senpai-kohai terms with Shelly lul)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Candy said:

An affectionate boi eh? That's cute x3 I considered putting romance in my run too ngl, but Vanilla is just... plainly unshippable (except perhaps on a senpai-kohai terms with Shelly lul)

Thanks. 😛 And Idk why but I'd ship Vanilla and Saphira together.

• Haha 1

AQvX4S5.png

I rested up at the Academy for another night. The next day, my cheek still felt sore but I was able to talk better without having to slur my words. Me and Laura went to Victoria and said our goodbyes. We went to the boat that was still near the beach. Before going in, I stopped and looked up at the boat.

Laura: Is everything ok hun?

Matthew: Yea. Just a lot of memories on this boat you know?

FkQtP4H.png

Laura: You mean like the time the boat got attacked by all those Water Type Pokemon?

Matthew: Haha. Yea. That was not expected.

Laura: Well, I’m glad you were there. If it were just me, I would have been overcome by the odds and probably have lost. Your Arbok did save my Lilligant after all.

Matthew: I suppose. Haha. I’m just glad that 1 good thing came from all of this.

Laura: And what would that be?

Matthew: You’re my girl now. -holds her hand-

Laura: Ohh stop it. You’re gonna make me blush.

Matthew: Well it’s true. But we should get going.

Laura: Yea. We need to rescue everyone. And you need the badge to use Strength.

We boarded the ship and set the coordinates back to the Coral Ward. When we got to the inside of the dock shed, we got off the boat and outside of the shed. We stood there looking at the foggy ward. This is where the whole thing started for us. The team up which turned into a relationship. I felt Laura’s hand intertwine with mine.

du9iYvI.png

Laura: Let me guess. Thinking about the 1st time we were here?

Matthew: You know me so well babe.

Laura: Hehe. Well come on. Cain should be around the entrance of the Byxbysion Wasteland.

Matthew: Yea. You’re right.

We started to walk towards the exit of Coral Ward. When we reached the top of the stairs that led to the South Obsidia Ward, we could see Cain standing next to a big door. We ran up to him and both gave him a hug.

Cain: Heeeey you 2.~ Been a while.

Matthew: Uhh… It’s been like a day dude.

Cain: I know but it still feels like it’s been a while!

Laura: Ohh Cain. Haha.

Cain: -notices me and Laura holding hands- Wait. Are you 2 a-

Matthew: Yep. Boyfriend and girlfriend.

Od3IsQZ.png

Cain: Aww!~ That’s so ADORABLE! You 2 make a cute couple.

Laura: Hehe. Thanks Cain. I’m so happy I changed my mind.

Matthew: I guess something good came out of all that mess huh?

Cain: Sure did. But anyways, I guess I’ve stalled you long enough huh?

Matthew: Yea. It’s been a couple of days since I was supposed have been through here.

Cain: Hehe. Yeeeaaa. Sorry about that. Just… I really don’t care much for people meeting my family. Especially my friends.

Laura: Why?

Cain: Well like, after they kicked me out, it was just kinda, whatever you know?

Laura: Ohh… I-I’m sorry.

Cain: It’s alright. You couldn’t have known. But hey Matt. How about 1 more battle? Then you’ll deff get your key, kay?~

Matthew: Alright. Deal!

Laura: You got this Matthew!~

Cain: Man. I just can’t seem to ever beat you.

Matthew: Hey. Don’t get so down man. You have a pretty impressive team.

Cain: Thanks Matt. Well as promised.~ -walks over to the door and unlocks it- Might as well keep it unlocked as I’m sure there will be other challengers.

Matthew: Why was it locked in the 1st place?

Cain: Like I’ve said before, didn’t really want people meeting them but it’s whatever now.

Laura: You know Matt, I’ve heard that Byxbysion Wasteland is really, really, REALLY messed up in there. Is it still like that Cain?

Cain: Yea. But since my family uses mostly Poison Types, it’s sort of like a perfect place for us. Well… my family anyways. Hope you can travel through alright.

Matthew: Wait wait. Cain… Do you think you can lead us through there?

Cain: You mean you want me to go with you guys back to my family’s house? No way.

Laura: Well you don’t have to go in. Just enough so that we know it’s the place.

Matthew: Yea. That’s a great idea babe! Then, you can leave as soon as we find it. So what do you say buddy?

Cain: Well… I suppose I can do that for you 2.~

Laura: Thanks Cain.

Cain: No problem.

???: Hey… Hey Matt. Over here.

All 3 of us heard a voice. Since it called out my name, I led the group over to the side of the building. When we were out in plain view, Cal popped out in front of us. Laura grabbed my hand in shock and also a little bit of fear.

YGPiCQs.png

Cal: Ahh. Laura and Cain right?

Matthew: Whoa. What do you want dude? No 1 wants you here and I swear if you try something-

Cal: I’m not. I swear. Look, I know you have every reason to hate me but just hear me ou-

Matthew: No. Are you stupid? Why should we listen to anything you say?

Laura: W-Wait Matthew. I know what he did up there was bad but…

Cain: Let’s just hear him out.

Matthew: -sighs- Fine. But make it quick.

Cal: Thank you. I never meant for ANY of that to happen. Kiki would never have-… I didn’t go to Apophyll to infiltrate for Team Meteor.

Laura: Then… Why did you join them?

Cal: I wanted to change. And I did.

Matthew: Well whoopty freaking doo for you.

Cal: Yes… Team Meteor Had other plans and they wanted to use me being there. So, they directed me to set up the PULSE to destroy the academy.

Matthew: So in the end, you still helped them with the PULSE Machine… Like I said, why should we even waste our time listening to him?

Cal: Wait. Please… Yes, I did build it but during the process, I sabotaged the machine.

Cain: Wait. You sabotaged it? You mean…

Cal: Yes. Their plans wouldn’t have worked. I didn’t want anyone at Apophyll Academy to get hurt. I loved that place. And Kiki… Kiki didn’t have to die.

Matthew: Why couldn’t you have tried to warn us or something if that’s the case?

Cal: I couldn’t risk my cover being blown and something worse could have happened… I’m so sorry that it happened that way. Matthew, I need to know… Do you believe me?

Everyone stood there for a few moments waiting for my answer. I thought over everything he said to me. While he was a dumbass, rude person, I did believe that he would try to not destroy the academy. Plus, he seemed genuinely sad when Kiki had been murdered. I made up my mind.

Matthew: Listen to me Cal and listen to me damn well. I believe you. I believe you didn’t mean for everything that happened at Apophyll to go down like that.

Cal: I appreciate your mercy, but-

Matthew: Shut up. I’m not finished. I believe you… but I damn well don’t trust you.

Cal: That’s fine. Even so, I doubt people from Apophyll will even give me a chance to speak. Especially Victoria…

Matthew: Can you blame her? You joined a bad team and got her Sensei killed.

Cal: Well in any case, I’m going to make myself scarce. Knowing that I’ve betrayed them, Team Meteor will be after me too.

Matthew: Sucks you have to go through that alone.

Cal: While I understand you’re mad at me Matthew, and you have every right to be, there is 1 thing I have to say. There might be a time where you have no choice but to trust me and team up.

Matthew: Shut up and get out of here.

Cal: As you wish. Bye everyone.

Cal walked away from us. Laura and Cain looked at me. They could see the hate I had for that guy.

Cain: Uhh… Why don’t I show you 2 the way through the Byxbysion Wasteland now huh?

Laura: Yea. We should really go. You need that Gym Badge Matthew.

Matthew: -takes a deep breath and exhales- Yea. You 2 are right. Let’s go.

The 3 of us walked back to the door Cain unlocked earlier. We walked through and to me and Laura’s shock, there was a receptionist desk of some sort. It looked like a waiting room.

Matthew: What is this Cain?

Cain: Hmm? Oh. I think they quickly installed this room here just in case someone needed help when going to and from the gym.

Laura: Makes sense.

We walked to the other door and went through it. The view was shocking. Everything was purple or pink or some kind of color version of the 2. It was everywhere. It also started to rain. We started to step onto the toxic plants but me and Laura were worried.

OOgsuu6.png

Matthew: Wait wait. Cain. You live out HERE?!

Cain: Yea. Why?

Laura: Can this stuff like poison you or something?

Cain: Naw. I’ve lived here in this condition for a couple of years now and I’ve never gotten sick from any of this or anything.

Laura: Ew! Some of it is gooey!

Matthew: You wanna maybe wait inside that building we just walked out of babe?

Laura: N-No. I’m an Elite 4 Member. I can get through this.

Matthew: Well… If you say so. Alright Cain. Lead the way.

We ventured through the toxic wasteland. The name Byxbysion Wasteland was a perfect name for this place. We had to climb over debris, slide down metal stuff and fend off wild Pokemon. We came up to a building and went inside.

twG0wOl.png

Laura: What’s the purpose of this building?

Cain: I think this used to be an apartment complex of some sort. But when everything started to happen, it wiped out the home portion of this building. Now all that remains is just the staircase.

Matthew: Wow… That’s so sad.

Cain: Yea. It is. But come on. We got a long way to go before we’re there yet.

We continued through the poisonous mucky mess. Despite the ground being all toxic like, it didn’t have a bad smell to it to my surprise. I expected a place like this to reek. Especially with some of the Poison Type Pokemon that lived here. We again went to a top of a building but this was just about the tallest place around. The 3 of us stood on a perch and looked around the mysterious place.

Sd3YT2Q.png

Matthew: This place is so… so… I don’t know. But it’s interesting. What happened here anyways?

Cain: I’m not sure. 1 day, in a blink of an eye, the piles of filth began to stack up. We tried finding the source of it but we never could. Which meant that this muck never stopped appearing.

Laura: Didn’t anyone try to clean this mess up?

Cain: Yea. But only once. The city mounted a huge effort to clear it all away and we actually were able to do it. We even began constructing these old buildings to expand the city.

Matthew: So what happened?

Cain: It was as if it happened overnight. We woke to the same filth. Except, it had double in mass this time.

Laura: Wow. That’s crazy… Wait. I don’t remember ever seeing the walls surrounding this place.

Cain: You’re correct on that. A lot of the people abandoned the waste. They built the large stone city walls, hoping to cage the corruption in.

Matthew: Man, I’m sorry this happened to you. Must have felt terrible.

Cain: Well we did at 1st but when we stayed here, we learned that it didn’t really affect us in anyway so we just started to get used to it. But hey. We’re almost there. Let’s continue.

We slid down a metal thing and continued to follow Cain through the corruption wasteland. As we continued walking, we started to see a big house. Soon, we were in front of a gigantic house. Me and Laura looked on in awe.

TMoUreb.png

Matthew: Dude… This is where your family lives?

Cain: Yep. Pretty cool isn’t it?

Laura: It’s really… big.

Cain: Welllllll~

Matthew: Anybody else you can do those kind of jokes with but not her.

Cain: Haha. Ok. Ok. Sorry. But hey. This is it. I’m gonna head back out. I don’t want to risk the chance of my sister or mother catching me out here. Good luck Matthew.

Laura: Bye Cain. And thanks!

Matthew: See you in a bit Cain!

Cain ran off. Me and Laura looked at the building for a couple of more seconds and then walked up to the door and went in. When we got in, an older woman with purple hair looked at us in disgust.

6SnZ9iC.png

Matthew: Umm… Hi?

???: Oh, hello. Just come right on in, why don’t you?

Laura: We’re… sorry?

???: -takes a deep breath and exhales- No no. I’m sorry. I have to try to get used to this. Apparently the living room is a gym now. Goodness!

Laura: I think it’s more like a waiting area-

???: What?

Laura: Err… Sorry.

Lana: It’s alright. I suppose you’re not wrong. So who are you 2? My name is Lana by the way.

Matthew: My name is Matthew.

Laura: And I’m Laura. I’m actually a member of the Elite 4.

Lana: Ohh? You are? And to what do we owe this gracious visit of yours Laura?

Laura: I’m just here to watch my boyfriend battle the Gym Leader here for their badge.

Lana: You 2 are an item? Aww. That’s so wonderful. I hope you 2 last for a long time.

Matthew: Hehe. Thanks Lana.

Lana: My word. What happened to your cheek to get a scar like that?

Matthew: Uhh… A bad incident with a Pokemon. It still hurts but feels way better than it did a couple of days ago.

Lana: My word. Well I’m glad you’re feeling better. Hold on. Let me get my daughter for you. She’s the new Poison Type Gym Leader. Her name’s Aya.

Matthew: Ok. Thank yo-

Lana: AYA! YOU HAVE ANOTHER VISITOR HERE!

Aya: I’M KIND OF IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING HERE MOM!

Lana: Ahh yes. She seems to be in a battle right now. It is her 1st day on the job and all. If you want to go in and watch, you’re allowed to.

Laura: Alright. Thanks ma’am.

Matthew: -walking with Laura to the door for the Gym Arena- I wonder who she’s battling?

As we walked through the door and we saw the challenger Aya was battling, my face went from being happy to totally annoyed. My cheek even started to hurt.

Matthew (quiet enough for only Laura to hear): No no no no no no no. Ugh! Why did it have to be HIM of all people?!

Laura: Hun? Hun, what’s wrong?

Matthew: It’s him. Ugh!

Aya: Fine, you win.

???: I know.

As the person came closer, I could feel the pain in my cheek getting more intense from the frustration of just seeing him in the same room as me.

Fern: Ohhh. If it isn’t the freak Matthew. And… Whoa. I don’t know what happened to you cheek but you deff look more like a freak now. I just can’t tell if it makes you look better or worse though. And that chick beside you. I don’t know who you are but I would stay close to the freak there. He changes sometimes. Haha. Although, maybe you’re a freak as well. Is that it? I bet it is.

QqOtGmR.png

Laura: I-I’m not a freak.

Matthew: Dude, leave my girl alone. And I had an incident with a Pokemon the other day alright?

Fern: Psh. You 2 are together? What a perfect fit. Must say that I’m surprised that you could get any girl though. I am the top dog after all.

Matthew: Maybe speak a little bit nicer to the lady? She is a member of the Elite 4.

Fern: Wait. What? Her?

Laura: Mhm.

Fern: Hmph. Whatever. But yo dude. This Gym Leader? Fresh off the plate. Total noob.

Aya: I’m sorry. What? You do remember I beat you once before right?

Fern: I wasn’t expecting you to do doubles. Doesn’t that just hide the fact that you’re just bad at this?

Aya: I’ll fight in whatever format I want. Besides, it was my brother who-

Lana: AYA! YOU HAVE ANOTHER VISITOR!

Aya: Seriously? Another 1? Right now?

Fern: Well, these fresh noobs just want a free badge from this new Gym noob.

Aya: Would you just shut the hell up and leave me alone?

Matthew: I 2nd that.

???: Uhh… Did I come at a bad time?

Me and Laura turned around and were greeted by a young man that had reddish-orange hair and looked somewhat rugged. Fern and his eyes locked to each other.

jCps0AJ.png

Fern: Ohh. It’s you.

???: Yea. It’s me. Why are you here?

Fern: Wanted to win a free badge. You?

???: I heard there was a new Gym Leader so I figured I’d come down here and welcome her to the club. -walks up to Aya- You’re Aya, yeah?

uRwOhjg.png

Aya: Umm, yes.

Hardy: Nice. I’m Hardy. Reborn’s Rock Leader, at your service! I wanted to give you a warm welcome but seems you kind of got a sour 1 huh?

Matthew: Ha! -grabs my cheek- Ow that hurt! But nice burn dude.

Hardy: Thanks. Who are you? And ow man. What happened to your cheek?

Matthew: Name’s Matthew and Pokemon incident a few days ago.

Hardy: Well it looks gnarly mate.

Matthew: Thanks I think.

Hardy: Ahh. Is that Laura, a Member of the Elite 4 I see?

Laura: Yes. How do you do Hardy?

Hardy: I’m great. What are you doing here?

Laura: I’m actually here to cheer on my boyfriend here in his Gym Battle against Aya.

Fern: Yuck. I think I’m gonna barf.

Matthew & Hardy: Shut up Fern.

Hardy: Well anyways, that’s nice you found yourself a nice dude and vice versa to you about her yeah.

Matthew: Thanks Hardy. You’re pretty cool.

Aya: Well, while the 4 of you have a conversation, I’m gonna go heal my Pokemon for the next Gym Battle. Be right back.

Hardy: Alright. See ya in a bit, yeah.

Aya left and went into the other room to heal her Pokemon. I was a little curious as to how Hardy and Fern knew each other.

U9nrewj.png

Matthew: So Hardy. How do you have the misfortune of knowing Fern here?

Hardy: I was stuck in the same class as Fern in the Onyx Trainer School back in the day.

Fern: Long story short, Hardy here is jealous because I was the top dog as he was just another noob.

Matthew: Riiiiiiight Fern.

Laura: I somehow don’t believe that.

Hardy: Yea. That’s it. Keep telling yourself that mate.

Fern: Don’t matter what none of you think! Anyways, it didn’t help that our sisters used to be close friends at the time. Which meant we happened to get dragged along to places together sometimes.

Hardy: But that’s all in the past now.

Fern: Yea. Anyways, you’re planning on taking on Aya for her badge right? Like I said total pushover.

Matthew: Will you stop calling her that dude? You’re a pushover. 3 times we’ve battled and 3 times, I’ve come out on top.

Fern: Yea well… They were just flukes.

Hardy: Wait. You serious mate? You lost to him 3 times? Haha.

Fern: Shut up Hardy! But hey. It’s be a shame for you to have come all the way out here and not get a decent battle. So let me help you out with that.

Matthew: You sure about that Fern? You wanna be beaten a 4th time in a row?

Fern: Hey. I’m just asking if you want a real battle while you’re here.

Matthew: -turns to Laura- What do you think babe? Should I do it?

Laura: Please. I just want him to shut up.

Fern: Why you little bi-

Matthew: Finish that sentence and you won’t be able to throw any PokeBalls.

Fern: Tch. Whatever man. Let’s just do this already.

Matthew: And I believe that makes it 4 times in a row.

Laura: -hugs Matthew- Way to go hun!

Hardy: You know, I think seeing Fern get beat is worth the trip out here in itself.

Fern: Stow it rocky. I was going easy on Matthew.

Matthew: Seriously? You’re still gonna make yourself think it’s a fluke you lost?

Fern: It is! Besides, I didn’t wanna make him cry.

Matthew: Whatever.

Aya: -entering back into the room- All right. My teams all healed up. Matthew right?

Matthew: Mhm.

Aya: Well, if you’re ready for your battle, let’s get started.

Fern: Hmm. I wanna see this.

Hardy: I’ll be the referee for this match. I know how it goes down from my own gym.

Aya: Ready when you are Matt.

Matthew: -turning to Laura- Alright. It’s time hun.

Laura: I know hun. By the way, I understand why you go annoyed when you saw that Fern dude before.

Matthew: And I think it’s only gonna get worse for every other time I see him.

Laura: But hey. Focus on this match. If you win, you’ll get the badge and be able to use Strength and we’ll save my sister and the others.

Matthew: Yea. I’m pumped for this.

Laura: I’m gonna go into the stands and watch your battle from there. Alright hun?

Matthew: Alright sweetie. But hey. Before you leave, think you could give me a good luck kiss?

Laura: Hehehe. Well… I suppose so.~

YeBxo6K.png

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 44

Nature: Naïve/Ability: Intimidate

Held Item: Poison Barb

Moveset: Poison Fang/Crunch/Poison Tail/Glare

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 44

Nature: Gentle/Ability: Gooey

Held Item: None

Moveset: Dragon Pulse/Body Slam/Dragon Breath/Attract

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 44

Nature: Naughty/Ability: Immunity

Moveset: Wing Attack/X-Scissor/Metal Claw/Swords Dance

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 44

Nature: Mild/Ability: Mega Launcher

Held Item: Sea Incense

Moveset: Water Pulse/Aura Sphere/Crabhammer/Bubble Beam

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 44

Nature: Gentle/Ability: Long Reach

Held Item: Rose Incense

Moveset: Leaf Blade/Spirit Shackle/Sucker Punch/Synthesis

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 44

Nature: Rash/Ability: Levitate

Held Item: Black Sludge

Moveset: Psybeam/Sludge/Sludge Bomb/Destiny Bond

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - It felt so good to go on some type of adventure with her as my girlfriend now. This is great! She's so awesome and cute!

Cain (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - You know, it's starting to feel normal to regularly travel with Cain. He's a pretty cool dude. Sucks that he didn't wanna stay with us to see me challenge his sister for her badge but I can understand why he didn't want to.

Cal +.5 (.5/10) - He has a lot of guts to come to Obsidia Ward and even talk to me about what all happened at Apophyll... I do believe him but I will NEVER trust him.

Aya (5/10) - I haven't talked to her much yet to see how she's like but she had to put up with Fern. I feel bad for her. But she seems to really hate her new Gym Leader duties.

Fern (0/10 NO CHANGE!) - Great. He's here as well. I don't mind that he makes fun of me and stuff. That part doesn't bother me. But when he starts taking shots at my girl, that's when I get pissed. I can't believe I have to battle Aya in a Gym Battle with him sitting there, watching me. Ugh!

Hardy (7/10) - Dude had to grow up with Fern... I feel really bad for him. But he can throw a good diss at him so he's pretty cool. And he's a Gym Leader?! I guess he's on the list to be beaten as well. 

• Like 1

2l7dgl9.png

After the kiss, Laura took her place on the stand near the battle field. She sat as far away from Fern as far as possible. I took my place on the other side of the field as Hardy stood at the edge of the battle field.

9pBxHXt.png

Fern: Hmm. I wonder which 1 I want to lose more. Freak show or Noob over there?

Aya: Ok. Do you just hate EVERYONE by default or what? Like it’s really aggravating.

Matthew: He does. Trust me Aya. It’s best to just try to ignore him.

Fern: Shut up Matt! And to answer your question, no. Just you.

Hardy: Hey. Lay off her mate.

Aya: No no! It’s fine. PREFECTLY fine. He’s right. I am not a good person. I shouldn’t even be doing this. I’m not a good person. I-I shouldn’t even be doing this.

Hardy: Hey, how’s no the time to doubt yourself.

Matthew: Yea. We’ll have a great battle.

Hardy: Yea. What Matt said. Just keep your chin up. You’re gonna rock this fight.

Fern: Or she’ll crash and burn.

Laura: Would you just shut up? Please?

Aya: I’d be better off if everyone just left me alone…

Hardy: The challenger is challenging the leader Aya in a 6 on 6 doubles battle!

Aya: I really don’t even wanna do this…

Hardy: Either competitor can make substitutions! The battle is over when all 6 of either trainer’s Pokemon can no longer fight! And roll!

Laura: You won hun!

Aya: So, I lost huh?

Laura: Ohh. I’m sorry. I was just really-

Aya: No no. It’s fine. At least that means I don’t have to deal with you again, I suppose.

Matthew: Come on Aya. Don’t be-

Fern: Tch. What a ripoff. I think I’d rather have seen Matt bomb this battle after all. Well I’m out of her. Later losers.

Fern got up and exited the gym and building. Laura got up and ran down towards Matthew and gave him a big hug and kiss for his victory. The 2 then looked back at Aya.

NdztVXU.png

Hardy: Heyo Aya, don’t take a couple of losses too hard, yeah? It happens sometimes and you put up a solid fight.

Matthew: He’s right Aya. You’re a pretty tough trainer and-

Aya: I don’t care…

Hardy: -walks over to Aya- Come on. No need to be so distant about it.

Aya: No. You don’t get it Hardy. I seriously don’t care. This whole Gym responsibility thing. I never wanted this. It was never my job. But my stupid baby brother, emphasis on the baby, dumped it onto me! Matt… You know him right?

Matthew: -walks up towards Aya with Laura behind me- Yea… I do.

q8vrvkh.png

Aya: What’d he say about us? Does he hate us?

Matthew: I mean… I wouldn’t say that.

Hardy: Why would your little bro hate you?

Aya: I’m not sure. I guess I was just a bad sister. But he hasn’t talked to me or my mother since he just went up and ran away. Didn’t say a damn thing. Not good bye. Didn’t even take his own Pokemon with him…

Laura: Aya…

Aya: HE was the 1 who was supposed to take over the Poison Gym. NOT me! But here I am, stuck doing it! Mom won’t even talk about him anymore. And me? I’m just not cut out for this.

Hardy: Hey. You have to calm down alright? You’re fine. I have an idea. Why don’t I stick around a bit and help you guys out with some stuff?

Matthew: Yea. That sounds like a good idea.

Aya: Why?… I should just be alone…

Hardy: No. What you need to do is give Matthew his badge that he earned. And then we’ll start working on stuff alright?

Aya: -looks towards Hardy and sighs- Sure. -walks over to me with her Gym Badge in her hand- Here Matthew. This is the Blight Badge. You earned it.

oL2bCuQ.png

Matthew: -takes the Gym Badge- Wow… Thanks Aya. It was a great battle.

Aya: Yea… Thanks I guess. But now that you have that badge, you’ll now be able to use the move Strength outside of battle.

Laura: That’s great.

Aya: -walks back over to Hardy- You can go now. You know… You 2 aren’t THAT bad.

Matthew: Thanks, I think.

Hardy: Matthew, I look forward to seeing you in my Gym up in Agate City someday. Don’t let me down, yeah?

Matthew: I look forward to that day too Hardy.

Hardy: And it was a pleasure to have met you Laura. Have fun travels with your man.

Laura: Thanks Hardy. I wish the both of you luck.

Hardy: Peace!

With that, Laura and myself made our way out of the arena and the house altogether. It was still raining when we made it outside but it was getting darker too. We stopped in front of the house for a few seconds and looked at the badge that I just won.

JTQknJD.png

Laura: Aww hun. I’m so proud of you.

Matthew: Thanks. Now we can save the gang.

Laura: I hope my sister is alright…

Matthew: Don’t worry babe. I’m sure she is.

Laura: You’re right. Come on. Cain should be waiting in the building near here.

We started to walk back to the building but in my head I was thinking about what Cain said happened to this place. How all this gunk just came here so fast. We made it to the area where there were 2 buildings. As I was about to go in between them, I noticed the door was opened on the other building that was previously closed. I stopped and looked at it. Laura noticed I stopped and walked back towards me.

fQ2n6FP.png

Laura: Is something wrong Matt?

Matthew: That door over there… It wasn’t open before.

Laura: Well who cares? We gotta get going.

Matthew: Wait babe… Don’t you possibly want this whole place to get better?

Laura: What do you mean?

Matthew: Like all of Reborn. Don’t you want it to get all better?

Laura: I would love for that to happen. But how is anything that’s in that building or anywhere here for that matter gonna help that?

Matthew: Listen to me. What Cain said before has been lingering in my mind for some time. I wanna see if I can maybe fix the problem of this place?

Laura: But what about the gang? We need to save them!

Matthew: Babe, I promise. We will. But I think I should check this out quickly 1st. And then we’ll go.

Laura: Wait. You?

Matthew: Yes. I know you’re an Elite 4 Member but you only have 1 Pokemon right now and there might be really strong Poison Type Pokemon in there and if I have to look after you AND everything else? I’ll be putting us both in jeopardy.

Laura: Well where am I supposed to go?

Matthew: Hmmm. Stay in that building. That should be safe enough until I get back.

Laura: Hmph… Fine.

Matthew: Babe, I know this feels time consuming but I promise you. This will be helpful in the long run.

Laura: -sighs- You’re right. Just don’t be too long. I’m gonna worry about you you know.

Matthew: I know Laura. -kisses her cheek- Now get in there.

Laura: Alright. Be careful!

I watched as Laura went into the building. I took a deep breath and walked into the building. There wasn’t really anything in there but a set of stairs going down. So, I went down and entered a really dark cave. I could barely see anything. I grabbed my Pokegear and selected the flashlight app on it. It wasn’t much but I could see what was coming up in front of me.

qzj9eMn.png

I walked through the long cave and ended up outside. I looked around and found another cave and just like the other 1, explored that 1 as well. And again, I came outside and explored that area and found another cave. I went inside it. As I was going up, I heard a Pokemon noise. Sounded like it was a big Pokemon too.

Matthew: Wh-Who is it?!

Mr. Bigglesworth: AH AM MR. BIGGLESWORTH!

Matthew: Umm… Wha-What?

I could feel the ground move as the beast came walking towards me. I started to see its form but I was still confused when I saw it.

0nln4Km.png

Matthew: A Garbodor?!

Mr. Bigglesworth: LAHV ME!!!

Matthew: Wait. You can talk? Whoa!

After the battle, the Garbodor ran away. I was puzzled as to how this Pokemon could talk even remotely. I explored the cave and was shocked to find a PULSE Machine down here.

slOIxLe.png

Matthew: My Arceus… Team Meteor must have put this down here and put that Garbodor into it to corrupt this part of the place. But it was in it for so long that… It somehow gained the ability to speak? That part doesn’t make sense but the 1st part of it does. Hopefully, with it gone now, this stuff will go or at least won’t return if they decide to clean this place up. I should head back to Laura. She’s probably worried about me. I know I’m worried about her.

I exited the cave and went to the building I told her to stay in til I came back. I went in and at 1st didn’t see her there. I was about to freak out when I remembered there was an upstairs part to this place. I went upstairs and there was Laura. We both hugged each other.

C52Y18A.png

Laura: Ahh babe! I’m so happy you’re ok! So did you find anything?

Matthew: Yea. A PULSE Machine and a Garbodor… That could talk.

Laura: I’m sorry. A what that could what now?

Matthew: Yea. My only theory on this is that the Garbodor was hooked up to the machine for so long that it somehow gained the ability to speak. It doesn’t make much sense but it’s the best idea I have.

Laura: Well, did you beat it?

Matthew: Yea. Hopefully, the gunk that’s corrupted this place will go away and never return again.

Laura: I hope so… Let’s go. It’s finally time to go save my sister and the others.

Matthew: Yea. We wasted enough time here.

We once again started to walk to the exit. Thankfully, it didn’t take us long to get to the door. As we went inside, we could see Cain standing there in the middle of the room waiting for us.

j7YL2M2.png

Cain: You’re back. So were you able to defeat my sister?

Matthew: -holds the badge up- You tell me.

Cain: Cool.~ Alright. Let’s get going.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 45

l6yb9rD.gif

82EucPk.gif

TZfH8j4.gif

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 45

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 45

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Man. I'm so glad she's with me. I got to celebrate my Gym Victory with her. But, we've got to think about the group before doing any real victory celebrating.

Aya +2 (7/10) - I feel really bad for her. It feels like her brother running away has really affected her in some way. I mean she is a good Gym Leader but damn. I'm glad Hardy is willing to stick around and help her out for a while though.

Hardy +1 (8/10) - He seems like a really good dude. He's willing to stick around and helping Aya out. I can't wait for the chance to battle him in a Gym Battle.

• Like 1

oP5XjRe.png

The 3 of us walked out of the building and noticed it wasn’t raining anymore.

Gotekrh.png

Matthew: Thank the lord. I hate the rain.

Laura: Why? It helps make the flowers bloom.

Matthew: It gets me wet and I just hate it.

Cain: Well let’s go. By the time we get to our destination, it’s gonna be dark.

Laura: Yea. Cain’s right. Let’s go.

We started to walk to the Underground Railnet. Me and Laura were a little bit curious with Cain’s family though. While it did seem like his mom didn’t seem she wanted to talk about him, his sister seemed like she missed him a lot.

Cain: So… they probably told you how I ran away right?

Laura: Well uhh…

Matthew: Your sister did.

Cain: How she doing?

Matthew: She’s not liking the whole having to be the Gym Leader responsibility thing.

Laura: Is it true you were supposed to be the 1 to take over the role as Gym Leader whenever… Well you know.

Cain: Mhm.

Matthew: Wow… You must have been pretty good to be a reserved Poison Type Gym Leader.

KUvbYev.png

Cain: Ohh I definitely AM good.~

Laura: But I’m curious. Why did you run away? Like Matt said, your sister kind of seemed upset about it.

Matthew: Although, I’m not sure if she just misses you or she just doesn’t want the Gym Leader duties.

Cain: Well to answer your question, I ran away because I needed to get away from my mom.

Laura: What did she do?

Cain: She was upset by some of my choices.

Laura: Of what?

Cain: Well… Who I have fun with.~

Matthew: No way… She’s 1 of THOSE people?

Laura: What do you mean?

Matthew: She’s basically against boys who like boys, girls who like girls etc.

Laura: Ohh… I’m so sorry Cain.

Cain: It’s alright.~ There’s nothing wrong with what I do. She’s just living in the past.~ But yea. That’s why I left.

Matthew: I wish there was a way for you 2 to work out the problems. I hate to see a family broken up over that.

Laura: So wait. You have a problem with your mom but what about your sister?

Cain: Like I’ve told Matthew before, she’s grrrr a lot of the time… Buuuut I suppose she’s not all that bad. I do feel A LITTLE bad for getting her into this mess.

Matthew: Ohh admit it. You care for your sister.

Cain: Shush Matthew! Anyways… This is the reason I know what it’s like to be on your own.

Matthew: Then… That’s why you were trying to help Heather, isn’t it?

Cain: You’re a sharp cookie Matt. It is.

Laura: Wait. Who’s Heather?

Matthew: She’s the daughter of the previous Poison Type Gym Leader. And she’s 1 of the people that was captured by Team Meteor.

Laura: Ohh wow. I can’t believe Team meteor would do that.

Cain: Yea. They’re mean people. Anyways, that’s why I was trying to help her. Freedom’s a scary thing. ESPECIALLY when you’re young.

Matthew: You know, I respect you a bunch more now Cain.

Cain: Thanks buddy.~

Laura: Well now that that’s out of the way, I think another explanation is in order.

Cain: Yea Matt. What’s the deal with this… “Mattam” or “Wehttam” or whatever it is.

Matthew: Fine. I suppose now is the best time to talk about it. I basically have another soul inside my body.

Laura & Cain: What?!

aqUAV9U.png

Matthew: Yea. His name is Wehttam.

Laura: Wait. It’s just your name backwards?

Matthew: Mhm. So if he was in your body, he’d be called Arual or Niac for Cain.

Cain: That’s… Wow. How long have you had this other soul inside of you?

Matthew: Since I was in my teens but I’m sure it’s been in me since I was born.

Laura: Is it bad or something?

Matthew: No. Not at all. In fact, he’s helped me throughout this whole mess. From what I know with my talks with him-

Cain: Wait wait. You talk to it? How?

Matthew: I can only talk to him through my dreams. So basically whenever I’m sleeping.

Laura: That’s… Unbelievable.

Matthew: You know, I’m kind of surprised you 2 are just accepting this so easily.

Cain: Have you seen what we’ve been through?

Laura: Haha. Yea babe. At this point, this sounds somewhat normal.

3vf7O0J.png

Matthew: True. Anyways, his soul was put in me until I fulfilled some kind of destiny.

Cain: That sounds juicy. What is it?

Matthew: I’m not sure. But I think it has to do with everything that’s happening here.

Laura: That’s incredible!

Matthew: He is a thousand years old as well.

Cain: A bit too old for me.~

Matthew: I… Anyways, he will only take over my body when I feel like my life is threatened.

Laura: So that was Wehttam we saw on Pyrous?

Matthew: Not exactly.

Cain: But you just said-

Matthew: I know. Let me explain what really happens and then I’ll tell you what happened up there. Now what normally happens, is that when I let him take control of my body, my voice changes a bit and I start to act more… crazier. I’d be saying things more weirder or whatever. He’s unafraid. Sometimes, he finds out stuff about the opponent and it throws them off their game. He will then go back in when I no longer feel like my life is threatened. Now what you 2 saw up on Pyrous Mountain was… Basically, we both had control of my body. That’s why it looked like I was talking to myself sometimes up there.

YkN8f8I.png

Cain: Whoa…

Laura: So… Just wow.

Matthew: And it’s the 1st time it’s ever happened. The theory we came up with is that I was so mad at the Garchomp trying to kill my girl that even though I was afraid for my life, I still wanted to take him down as me. So, when Wehttam went to take control, I somehow stayed and that was what we call Mattam. It’s pretty crazy.

Cain: I’ll say it is.

Laura: Anything else we should know about?

Matthew: Not really. That’s about as much I know about this whole thing.

Laura: So what happens when you fulfill this destiny?

Matthew: The soul will just go away and I will have complete control of my body. It’ll just be me, myself and I.

Laura: This is all so… so-

Cain: Fascinating.

Matthew: You can say that.

nquhsa3.png

Laura: Wow. We’ve been talking so much that I forgot we were just standing here in front of the rubble.

Cain: Wait. We’re in the Underground Railnet already?

Matthew: That was fast. Alright. Let’s get this stuff out of the way.

I was able to move the rubble out of the way thanks to my Pokemon and the HM Strength. In a couple of minutes, a path was cleared. Laura and Cain joined me on the other side and we all ran up to the door. We went through. There were 2 paths to go. Straight ahead or go up. Cain rain over to the door which semed to continue the Underground Railnet.

Cain: -tries to open the door- Urgh! It’s locked.

Matthew: -waits for Cain to join us in front of the stairs- Then this is the way.

nevLIqm.png

Laura: Are any of your nervous about this?

Cain: A little but-

Matthew: You kind of get used to it after a while.

We all walked up the steps and out of the building to the outside. There were so many huge cracks in the streets. It was an unbelievable sight. We all walked carefully around them to make sure we didn’t fall into any of them. At least, we all stood in front of the door to a tall building.

Oh208B0.png

Matthew: Alright. Cain? Babe? You ready for this?

Cain: Let’s go save our friends!

Laura: -takes a deep breath and exhales- I think so. I just wanna save my sister and the others and get out of here.

Matthew: We all do hun. Let’s go in.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 45

l6yb9rD.gif

82EucPk.gif

TZfH8j4.gif

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 45

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 45

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - I'm glad she don't mind that I have another soul inside my body. A bit weird she was so accepting of it but with everything that's been going on, it might be a little bit reassuring to her.

Cain (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Dude... I respect Cain so much. I can't believe his mom would feel like that towards him because of the people he likes. And I like the reason why he's so hell bent on trying to help Heather now. He's a good dude.

• Like 1

Kudos! I like the Ash-Misty-Brock-like teaming! Also, Matthew is a curious character. That's a good thing to make him explain what he really is to his partners. Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

bLo3mg4.png

We pushed open the doors and walked inside. The place looked like hell. The lights were going on and off. Things were all over the floor. Cracks all over the floor. Then I realized something.

fJi08Gj.png

Matthew: Hey. What is this building for? It looks like it went through hell.

Cain: This is the old Yureyu building.

Laura: It was destroyed when the earthquakes started. It’s… kinda creepy.

Matthew: It’s ok hun. -holds Laura’s hand- I’m here with you.

Laura: -smiles at me- Thanks hun.

Cain: So what’s the plan here?

Matthew: Well, me and you have a full team so I honestly think it’d be a good idea for us to be up front to take on the upcoming grunts.

Laura: Well what do I do?

Matthew: You back us up on the rear. In case a couple grunts try to get the sneak on us. I know you only have 1 Pokemon but I think you’ll be able to handle it babe.

Cain: Alright. Well I’ll follow your lead here Matthew. I never really did the whole “team up” thing before so… Be gentle Senpai! It’s my 1st time!

Matthew: Uhh… Sure? Let’s go!

I led the group with Cain behind me and Laura in the back. We walked upstairs and were berated with battles from Team Meteor Grunts. Me and Cain were able to hold off the many of them that were in front of us as Laura was able to beat the few that tried to attack from behind. We went up to the next room. As we came to an opening, me and Cain both were shocked but also happy to see Shelly.

01tqoIs.png

Matthew & Cain: Shelly?!

Team Meteor Grunt #1: Stop right there! Take another step closer and we’ll slit her throat.

Matthew: What?!

Shelly: Matthew… C-Cain… I’m s-scared…

Cain: You wouldn’t dare.

Team Meteor Grunt #2: Just keep on moving and we’ll pretend we didn’t see anything… Got it?

Laura: Shelly! Oh my Arceus…

Shelly: I-Is that L-Laura…?

Laura: It is. We’ll save you somehow Shelly. They wouldn’t hurt you like that.

Team Meteor Grunt #1: Orders come from the boss. If anyone tries to interfere, we kill her. It’s as simple as that.

Cain: Hey, now.

Matthew: Grrrr. Why you-

Shelly: I-It’s ok… J-Just keep going… Forget about me… Whatever happens t-to me… It doesn’t matter o-ok?

Matthew: Shelly…

Cain: I’m sorry Shelly…

Laura: We’ll come back for you! I promise!

It really pained me and Cain, even Laura, but we had no other choice but to leave Shelly there with her captors til we came up with a way to save her. The only thing we could do was continue going up. As we did, we could see another opening in the room. Me and Cain lit up when we saw who it was.

Matthew & Cain: Charlotte!

Charlotte: It’s about damn time you showed up, Princess and Matthew.

Cain: We… ran into some other issues.

Charlotte: Whoa. I can tell. What happened to you cheek Matt?

Matthew: I had an incident with a Garchomp. I was saving someone from it.

Charlotte: Ohh yea? Who?

Laura passed Cain and into Charlotte’s view. Her expression changed from chill to happiness.

ibVar74.png

Laura: Me.

Charlotte: L-Laura…? Is that you?

Laura: Mhm.

Charlotte: Well wha… what are you doing here?

Laura: I saw on the news that you all escaped and then I ran into Matthew and ever since then, we’ve been trying to rescue you guys. And also… Well…

Matthew: Let’s save that for later Laura. Right now seems like a bad time for story time. Plus, your sister is being held by Team Meteor Grunts.

Team Meteor Grunt #3: Back away or we’ll kill her!

Laura: Don’t you-

Charlotte: Really guys? You’re still on that?

Team Meteor Grunt #4: Well you know… That’s what the boss said to say so-

Charlotte: Sirius… That’s your boss right? Well whatever. Just set it aside from now. Meet my friends and sister. This is Matthew, Laura and Cain. Or as I like to call him, Princess. Guys, this is Simon and Tara.

Simon: We’ve met…

Tara: Matt best us before. I’m still mad about that!

Matthew: Ohh boo hoo. Cry me a river.

Cain: Didn’t you kinda start it though?

Laura: Wait. Charlotte? You made friends with them? Why? They kidnapped you and everyone else…

Charlotte: They’re people too sis. They just happen to be on a different side from us.

Matthew: Yea. A side that has tried to kill your sister and I.

Charlotte: Yea. Well… Ugh. It beats being tied up.

Simon: Hey! It’s not like we can just let you go because of some casual conversation!

Charlotte: Hmm? Ohh. Right. Matt. Princess. Do you 2 wanna do the honors here?

Matthew: No problem.

Tara: Can’t you tell your friends to stop being good Charlotte?

Charlotte: I have a better idea. Why don’t you just stop being bad?

Cain: Yea! Haha. Quit Team Meteor and join the good guys!

Simon: I cannot.

Matthew: Tch. Of course you can’t.

Charlotte: Why’s that?

Simon: When our work is done, I will have a new life… A better 1.

Laura: What do you mean…? Everything you’re doing to the city, it’s not doing any good.

Tara: Team Meteor is going to rebuild the world! By throwing in with them now, we earn a place at the top later!

Matthew: What does that even mean?

Cain: What about this world?

Simon: Easy. It’ll be erased. Vanished. Gone.

Matthew: Are we really listening to this? That sounds so idiotic.

Charlotte: Wait Matt. I wanna hear them out.

Simon: We know what we do is harmful-

Matthew: Yea. Look at my cheek.

Laura: -places her hand on my shoulder- Hun…

Matthew: Whatever. Continue.

Simon: As I was saying, once we succeed, all of this pain? It’ll never have existed.

Charlotte: Hmph. The end justifies the means.

Tara: Exactly!

Charlotte: I suppose that’s cool. Anyways, I’m leaving now. Bye.

Charlotte walked away from Simon and Tara and joined with us. She and Laura gave each other a hug. I could see Laura trying to hold back tears.

wnAuOhE.png

I, along with everyone else, looked back at Tara and Simon who had a shocked expression on their face.

Matthew: Uhh… What?

Simon: What are you-

Charlotte: What are those looks for? It’s not like you can stop me. -Charlotte focuses on the group as does everyone else- Hey. Where’s Shelly? She’s on the floor below. Why didn’t you rescue her?

Laura: We tried to rescue her but we were threatened by 2 Grunts.

Cain: They said if we came any closer to her, they’d slit her throat.

Charlotte: … Uh huh.

Charlotte walked past us and continued her way down the stairs. Laura had a worried look on her face.

Matthew: What’s wrong hun?

Laura: Charlotte…

Cain: I’m sure she’ll be fine.~

Laura: It’s not that… She doesn’t make the best choices and if she’s down there-

Matthew: Shit. Let’s go down there!

The 3 of us ran downstairs in time to catch Charlotte before she could make a move.

yhNORdT.png

Laura: Charlotte, wait!

Team Meteor Grunt #1: Don’t come any closer or we’ll cut her throat!

Shelly: I-I’m scared…

Charlotte: Do it then.

Matthew: Wait. What?

Cain: What?!

Laura: You’re not serious Charlotte…

Charlotte: Kill her. See if I care.

Shelly: Ch-Charlotte?!

Charlotte: Hey. She’s not my sister. Why should I care. I’m just gonna flip this switch here so we can get upstairs.

Matthew: -whispering so only Cain and Laura can hear- Laura, your sister is fucking nuts!

Laura: I know!

Team Meteor Grunt #2: We really will!

Charlotte: Like I’ve said, do it. Killing her doesn’t affect me at all. So kill her as you like.

Cain: Charlotte… Why…?

In a very fast motion, Charlotte flipped the switch and then too Shelly out of harms way.

Charlotte: Matthew! Princess! Now!

Matthew: You got it!

Cain and I threw out our PokeBalls and started the battle. It didn’t take long as we came out victorious. We went back to the gang.

2iAOCXB.png

Laura: What was that Charlotte?!

Shelly: Ch-Charlotte, I th-thought you really d-did want me d-dead…

Matthew: I gotta agree with her. I thought you completely lost it when you did that.

Charlotte: Of course not. You helped me escape from the orphanage. -looks back at me and Cain- All of you did. -looks back at Shelly- I respect you all for that. But you can make someone lose control making them believe they already don’t have any.

Cain: Well why didn’t you warn us 1st before just pulling off that crazy stunt?

Matthew: -grabs onto Cain’s shoulder- Think about it. If we knew about it, our reactions wouldn’t have been so real. They would have known something was up. While in a way I am pissed that she did it, I’m glad she did. It worked.

Charlotte: Exactly. I don’t want you hurt Shelly. Now let’s go. Heather and the twins are up further.

The 5 of us walked up the next couple of floors and came face to face with a couple of Team Meteor Knights, as they called themselves. Noel was held up in a cell.

2MOtlR9.png

Charlotte: So you’re just keeping them locked up as if they were in a zoo? What kind of corporate building has cells like these anyways?

Laura: Yea. This is really weird.

Team Meteor Knight #1: This hasn’t been a corporate building for a long time. Surely you’ve heard how years ago, Yureyu was the centerpiece of Reborn’s economy.

Shelly: Y-Yea… Then the earthquakes happened and the place was destroyed…

Cain: And the company broke down.

Team Meteor Knight #2: Wrong!

Matthew: What do you mean? What do you know about this?

Team Meteor Knight #1: Earthquakes weren’t the cause of Yureyu’s closing. It was us! Team Meteor!

Charlotte: No way.

Laura: That can’t be.

Cain: Wait wait. What?

Team Meteor Knight #2: We infiltrated the company over time, then shut them down from the inside out.

Noel: And that’s when the closure of Yureyu’s Power Plant that led to the city’s downfall… So Team Meteor was successful in destroying Reborn City the 1st time.

Matthew: Yea? Well it’s gonna be the last time!

Team Meteor Knight #1: Pipe it Matthew! We were set to do it again by destroying Julia’s Neo-Circuit Power Plant. But then YOU got in the way Matthew!

Matthew: Are you expecting me to feel bad or something? Look at what 1 of your Admins did to my cheek!

Team Meteor Knight #2: Nice scar. Too bad he couldn’t do more.

Team Meteor Knight #1: Yea. Maybe we can do even more to you. Sounds like a good way to get revenge on you right?

Matthew: I’ve had enough of this. You ready Cain?

Cain: Ready whenever you are buddy!~

Team Meteor Knight #1: -steps aside- Do as you wish. It won’t make a difference in the end.

Matthew: We’ll see about that.

Noel: They took Anna, as well as Heather, upstairs. The Doctor and a weird guy are up there. Be careful.

Charlotte: Don’t worry. I’m sure it’ll be nothing to Matthew and Princess here.

Cain: You’re really sticking with that name aren’t you? Haha…

Charlotte: Well you definitely earned it.

Noel: They also took something from Anna.

Matthew: What’d they take?

Noel: It’s an Amethyst Pendant. It’s very important to her. Our real father gave it to us. At the orphanage, all we had was Nomos, Nostra and that pendant.

Charlotte: Why the hell would Meteor want something like that?

Matthew: Shit.

Cain: What is it Matt?

Matthew: I’m not too sure on why they need it but they need 4 items to open a door or something. I didn’t catch everything… Solaris… said to me way back on my adventure here. But Heather has a Ruby Ring. I’m almost sure they’re gonna try to take that as well.

Charlotte: Well whatever. I’ll get to work on getting this cage open. You guys go on ahead.

Laura: Alright. Let’s go Matt.

Matthew: Wait hun. I think right now you should stay here and try to help your sister opening the cell door. Or help Shelly to make sure no more Team Meteor Grunts try to come after us.

Laura: But… Why?

Matthew: If it’s only the Doctor and another dude, then there shouldn’t be anymore Grunts up there. But there could be more trying to come up here. It’d be much more helpful if you stayed here and fended them off and also help your sister free Noel.

Laura: But Matt…

Matthew: Laura, I’ll be back. I promise.

Laura: … Alright. Fine. You better come back unharmed though.

Matthew: I intend to. Come on Cain. We got this.

Me and Cain continued our way upstairs. When we reached the top, we hugged the wall to see if we could see anything but all we could see was an Electivire and Heather.

PNJfkI7.png

Cain: -whispering- Do you think she’s ok?

Matthew: -whispers back- I’m not sure.

Dr. Sigmund: So you’ve returned.

Matthew: What? But… how did you-

Dr. Sigmund: I must confess that it was fortunate that Sirius of this “Team Meteor” came me with the proposal that he did.

Matthew: Hey. Give her back to us and I might not knock you on your ass.

Dr. Sigmund: Haha. Simpleton threats won’t work on me. Now where was I? Ahh yes. He had the means to capture my fugitives and for payment he needed only to extract from this girl a single object.

Matthew: No… Not that…

Dr. Sigmund: -holds up the jewelry- This Ruby Ring.

Cain: Give back Heather and the ring Dr. Geezer.

Dr. Sigmund: You continue to disrespect me!

Cain: What are you even doing with her?

Dr. Sigmund: Well at his behest, I hold her captive for questioning later. Though… I doubt that will be fruitful.

Matthew: What did you do to her?!

Dr. Sigmund: Nothing. She has become withdrawn to the point of silence.

Cain: And who’s fault do you think that is? After what you did to her, she may never speak again!

Dr. Sigmund: Loss of speech is not among effects of electroconvulsive therapy.

Matthew: I have no idea what you just said but that just sounds painful.

Dr. Sigmund: Well despite how the word sounds boy, she hasn’t lost her ability to speak. Only her will.

Cain: Well I still believe you caused it.

Dr. Sigmund: Matthew was it? I heard you had a scuffle with a certain admin on Pyrous Mountain. And by the mark on your face, I’d say he didn’t leave without showing his dominance to you.

Matthew: … Don’t push me dude.

Dr. Sigmund: You present with such animosity. Do you intend to fight me to reclaim the girl? Or perhaps you’ll accept… a different solution.

Cain: What do you mean a different solution?

Dr. Sigmund: Are you going to fight me?

Cain: Of course we-

Matthew: Wait… Cain. Listen to me. We will save Heather but for now, I wanna get back at Team Meteor for what they did to me and tried to do to Laura.

Cain: Huh? But Matt. He is a part of Team-

Matthew: Barely. He just joined because he wants the kids back. And I get it. He deserves to get thrashed too. But if the man upstairs is who I think it is, I wanna take out my vengeance out on him rather than the Doctor. Please.

Cain: Urm… Fine. You’ll get yours someday Doctor. But it won’t be today.

Dr. Sigmund: I am so grateful. But just as well. I won’t stop you from proceeding onwards.

Cain: Why?

Dr. Sigmund: I may have invested myself with this “Team meteor” but I have no regard for their malevolent actions. Although, I do find myself bound to their service for a different reason entirely.

Matthew: Yea? What’s that?

Dr. Sigmund: Strictly a matter of my own curiosity. There’s a name I hear thrown about among the officers. It’s a name… I used to know, but it cannot possibly be… Ahem. Pardon me. I was speaking too much.

Matthew: Hey. Something we both can finally agree on.

Dr. Sigmund: … This time, only, I will turn away.

Dr. Sigmund turned around towards Heather and just stood there. I could have tried anything but I didn’t. I just wanted to face the man from upstairs. Plus, I was afraid if I did try anything the Electivire would attack Heather. Even though I felt bad, I went upstairs with Cain. In that room, we saw Sirius talking to Anna. I could see he was holding a piece of jewelry. It was the Amethyst Pendant.

Sirius: Strange, isn’t it? We needed only to ensnare the Ruby but we also caught the Amethyst.

Anna: Hey! That’s my pendant! Give it back please! It’s… it’s the only thing I have left of my father…

Sirius: You say your father gave this to you? Him… He was ALWAYS a fool!

Anna: Wait. You knew my dad?!

Sirius: Hmhmhm.

Cain: Alright buddy. I think you should just give the girl her stuff back.~

Matthew: I agree. Then, I can totally mess you up.

Anna: Matthew! Cain!

6JpMc0q.png

Sirius: Why are you up here? Did the Doctor fail to detain you 2? Old fool… Well, I suppose that task now is left to me alone then.

Cain: Good luck with that.

Sirius: This Amethyst Pendant and… the other girl’s Ruby Ring… Do you have ANY inkling of their power…?

Matthew: Somewhat? Solaris… likes to talk a lot.

Sirius: Silence! I will not relinquish such items for mere sentimentalities. You want them? See if you can claim them.

Matthew: You’re just gonna make this more difficult for yourself.

Sirius: Ahh yes. Before we begin. Matthew, you said you were going to mess me up before correct?

Matthew: Yes. And I intend to do that after this battle.

Sirius: Well it’s not as messed up as your cheek now is it?

Cain: Whoa. Not cool man.

Matthew: You’re gonna regret that.

Matthew: Now that that’s settled, you ready for your face to be messed up?

Sirius: Hmph. I’m through with these silly games. I have what I wanted. I’ll be leaving now.

As Sirius attempts to leave, I grab him by the collar and pull him close up to me.

Matthew: I told you I was gonna mess you up. I was fucking around with you.

I curled my fingers up into a fist and went to throw some punches to his fist but as I went to hit him for the 1st time, Cain grabbed my hand and stopped me.

Matthew: -turns head to look at Cain- What are you doing?! Let me get at him!

Cain: Listen to me. You have every right to beat him to hell and back right now-

Matthew: Then let me do it!

Cain: But you can’t do it in front of her. -points to Anna- She’s been through so much right now and this is just gonna make it worse. I know you wanna get your hands on him but this isn’t the time. Please…

Cain let go of my hand. I kept it held up there for a couple of seconds thinking what I should do. At last, I put my hand down and let go of Sirius. Sirius backed away from me and continued to walk out the door.

anHqu5t.png

Matthew: -loud enough for him to hear me- Next time I see you, we’re gonna have a real fight!

Cain: Anna, are you alright?

Anna: Y-Yeah but he… he has my pendant… D-Daddy’s pendant… I don’t even remember my father… and that guy does? How is that fair?! I’m going after him!

Cain: -steps in the way and stops Anna- Whoa there! Calm down, it’s ok! It’ll be ok.~ With as much as Team Meteor likes to get in the way, you know we’ll be seeing him again.

Matthew: He’s right Anna… Plus, we don’t even know where they went to.

Cain: Let’s just get you guys to safety 1st alright?~

Anna: B-But he took something… that’s part of my soul…

Matthew: Hey. -turns Anna to face him- We’ll get it back for you. I promise. -bends down and hugs her-

Anna: Alright… Thanks Matthew.

Matthew: Cain, take her to the others and get out of here.

Cain: What are you gonna do?

Matthew: I’m gonna search this room for a bit. See if there’s anything to collect.

Cain: Alright. Don’t take too long. See you in a few.

Cain took Anna back down to the others. I stayed up in the room checking the tables and floor for anything that was useful. I eventually found a key. I didn’t know what it was used for but I decided to keep it with me just in case it was needed. After searching the building a bit more, I decided to leave the room and the building altogether. I exited the building and started walking towards the Underground Railnet. As I did, I looked back at the building and then back to where I was walking. I entered the Underground Railnet and joined everyone. Laura came running up to me and tackle hugged me.

Laura: Ohh Matt! I was so worried about you! I’m so glad you’re ok!

Matthew: I’m alright babe. I’m alright. Heh.

Charlotte: Wait. Babe? Are you 2…

gPM3Ubk.png

Laura: That’s what I was gonna tell you when we were in the building.

Charlotte: What the… Ok. I did NOT see that coming. How? Why?

Matthew: See how my cheek is all messed up looking?

Charlotte: Yea?

Matthew: Well, that was from a Garchomp trying to kill your sister and me pushing her out of the way and having it slice right through my cheek.

Charlotte: … Holy fuck dude.

Laura: And then afterwards, I decided to be his girl. How can I not? He risked his life for me!

Charlotte: I mean I get it but… it’s just not expected.

Matthew: I’m so glad she is with me though. I’m also glad everyone here is safe.

Laura: Me too hun.

Charlotte: Ohh yea. I tried to open the door to continue through but it wouldn’t open. I think it’s locked. What do we do now?

Matthew: Well… -holds up a key- this might be the answer.

Laura: You’re so great babe.

Matthew: I know.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 46

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 46

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 47

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 47

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 46

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 46

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - I hope she isn't mad about me having her stay behind but she seems fine. And now she's back with her sister. I can definitely see her more happy now that her sister is free for the moment.

Cain (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - I am so glad Cain teamed up with me. I'm not sure I would have been able to take all of those grunts, knights and admins down if it wasn't for his help. And although I wanted to ripped Sirius apart, Cain was right about not doing it in front of Anna.

Shelly (9/10 NO CHANGE!) - I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE HER! T_T It's been too long since I've seen Shelly. I'm so glad she's ok though. I didn't know how'd we get her out of that situation though.

Charlotte +1 (9/10) - It's great to see Charlotte again. Now her and Laura are reunited again. Even though she probably won't admit it, I can tell she's really happy Laura is back. I thought she had lost her mind with that little stunt with Shelly but she's a pretty smart person. I give her props for that.

Heather +1 (8/10) - I'm glad I got to see her and that she's ok but my word. She's just... completely different than I remember her. I miss her yelling at me and people and stuff like that. This is just... weird. And they took her Ruby Ring away... Damnit!

Dr. Connal (0/10 NO CHANGE!) - I can't believe he joined with Team Meteor just to try to get the kids back. He's no good as they are. And he's fucked up Heather. He needs to go down bad.

Anna +3 (10/10) - She lost her pendant, finds out the bad guy knows her dad when she doesn't really know him and couldn't go after him... I just feel so sorry for her. I promise I'll get back her pendant for her.

• Like 1

So I am a little bit stuck with the next part of this. Don't worry. I didn't lose the game file or anything like that. But I can't decide on this 1 thing. It's not big or anything but Idk. So I'm letting you all decide. I finally played up to the part where everyone makes it to the mansion that belongs to Charlotte's, Laura's and Saphira's parents. I'm about to go into the woods (that fucking place!) and I can't decide if I should have Laura come with me or not. On 1 hand, it'd be cool because "Hey. What could Laura do in this version of the story where El, Bennett and Serra are introduced." Plus, she's my (in-game) gf and it'd be cool to see us exploring the woods and town together. But on the other hand, she hasn't seen her sister for a long time. Now in my head, I kind of made her just a bit clingy to me. So before I'd leave, I'd say something to her to make her catch up with her sister and then go alone and do the events without her there. In a way, I've already did that with her in the last chapter, although it was basically to fend off grunts but it's still the same thing. Just a different situation. So what do you guys think I should do. Let Laura come with me or have her stay with her sister and catch up?

maybe let Laura stay with her sister because she really need to catch up like from how she met matthew to how they end up together beside if she go with her Bf she will definetly come face to face with the person who is gonna steal her job or meeting El, what if she overhear El telling Bennett he got a plan to get him into the elite four would she get paranoid because she might be one of the elite four to get replaced i dont know so many possibilities but whatever you do i will always like your story (o゚v゚)ノ

Edited by Angelkitsune
  • Like 1

You should probably leave Laura behind, otherwise she'll learn about El's plan to make Bennett an Elite Four member. For if she gets to know about it, she'll probably tell Ame about it and everything will go haywire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

irC99Fd.png

I walked up to the locked door and used the key. Luckily, it worked and the door opened, allowing for us to continue our escape.

Charlotte: Nice job Matt. So, are we all still going to my sister’s place in Chrysolia as planned?

Laura: Wait. You were all coming up there to begin with?

Matthew: Ohh yea. With everything that was going on, I guess I forgot to mention that to you.

Laura: It’s alright. It’s just a bit coincidental when you think about it. Makes sense though.

Matthew: Anyways, I deff wanna go there now.

Shelly: I don’t have anywhere else to go so…

Anna: W-We should go quickly, ok? Nostra… isn’t feeling good…

Everyone turned to look at Anna. She looked pale and not too well. But maybe that’s what she was saying about herself when she said it was Nostra. I walked over to her.

Noel: You’re the 1 that doesn’t look good Anna. You’re pale all over.

Matthew: Are you ok Anna?

Anna: N-No- I mean yes! It’s definitely Nostra! She says she’s dizzy and tired…

Noel: Right…

Matthew: Well… If that’s what you say, then I believe you.

Noel gave me a confusing glance. We looked away from Anna and whispered to each other.

Noel: What do you mean “if that’s what you mean, then I believe you.”? You can see it. She’s pale!

Matthew: I know she is Noel but she’s also a little kid and she’s not gonna admit to being sick.

Noel: But-

Matthew: Plus, arguing with her isn’t gonna make things go any faster here. The way I see it, if you agree with her, the faster we can make it to the house and she’ll be able to get better sooner.

Noel: Hmm. I see your point. I guess you’re right.

Charlotte: Are you 2 done having your little talk? We need to hurry it up.

Cain: Right. Lead the way Charlotte dear.~

Charlotte led the way as the rest of us followed her footsteps. I hadn’t seen this part of Reborn before. A lot of the tracks were broken and even more cracks were down here. I was surprised this place was still standing. We went all the way to the end but it was blocked off.

Q0F9JoP.png

Laura: Another blocked area?

Matthew: I don’t think the key I used before is gonna work on this. It doesn’t even have a keyhole.

Charlotte: Ugh. This place is just 1 door after another, isn’t it. So how in the world do we get through this 1.

Shelly: Um, I-I think I know how…

Matthew: How Shelly?

Shelly: I think I’ve read about these… When the Railnet was made, they didn’t really want people wandering in and out of it.

Matthew: Well… we’re kind of doing that now. Haha.

Shelly: -nervously laughs- Anyways, they made gates like this that would open for trains but not for people.

Charlotte: Well, it’s not like we have a way to just magically transform into trains Shelly.

Shelly: That’s not really how it’s d-done. I think it, um, works on a digital signal. We don’t really need to drive the train itself, but… I think it works if there’s the front of the train on the same track connected to this.

Laura: So all we have to do is make the tracks connect and this will open right?

Shelly: It s-should… But this place is so messy and cracked up… I don’t know if it’s possible. You gotta connect the tracks here. No debris or cracked tracks will work.

Matthew: Don’t worry. I’ll go connect the tracks together. This will be gone soon.

Anna: Please try to hurry up… Nostra feels like she’s getting worse…

Noel: I think if you find the train 1st, it’ll be easier to figure out what tracks to connect it to here Matt.

Matthew: Good idea Noel. Don’t worry Anna. We’ll be there soon. Then we can take care of Nostra.

Laura: Can I come hun?

Matthew: Sure. I think it’ll make things better. Be back as soon as we can guys.

Cain: Good luck you 2! No quick rabbit stops if you know what I mean.~

Laura: Rabbit stops?

Matthew: Umm… Let’s just get going babe huh?

We left the group and went to search for the train. Luckily for us, it didn’t take long to find it.

Ozq1ZzR.png

Matthew: Sweet. We found it.

Laura: Now let’s follow the tracks and see what tracks to switch it to.

As we searched for the right tracks for the train to be on, a curious question flowed into my head.

Matthew: Can I ask you something babe?

Laura: Sure. What is it?

Matthew: How did you get here if both of those doors were closed?

Laura: Well when I came here, they were both opened. They must have closed them sometime after I came through.

Matthew: Ohh. Yea. That makes sense.

Laura: Wait. Did you think that I was part of-

Matthew: What? Part of them? No babe! Never. I was just curious. That’s all.

Laura: Well… alright. Hey. I think we almost got this.

Matthew: How do you know?

Laura: Because the last switch is right in front of the group.

Matthew: Ohh… I knew that.

Laura: Haha. Ohh hun. You’re so silly.

We pulled the lever and the object blocking the way forward suddenly moved which meant we could continue on with our plan of going to the house Charlotte was talking about.

QSmQCd7.png

Charlotte: Nice job you 2. Now let’s get out of here.

The group left the tunnel and out into the wilderness. It felt good to be outside for once. But as soon as everyone came out, Heather had Salamence come out, jumped onto it and then flew off into the sky, going who knows where.

1nqwpG0.png

Everyone looked on. Some in confusion and some in somewhat anger.

Shelly: Ohh… Umm, Ok then. Bye?

Laura: Well… That’s-

Matthew: Heather… Fuck.

Laura: Why would she do that?

Shelly: -whispering to herself- It’s not like I wanted to help my friend out or anything.

Cain: Aaaaaaand the second she sees moonlight she’s gone. Riiiiight.

Charlotte: Well, what can we do about it?

Matthew: Nothing. Let’s just continue on with our current plan.

Charlotte: I agree. Is everyone ready?

Cain: Actually guys, I’m still gonna go after her. I hope that’s ok. It’s just until I make sure she’s safe.

Matthew: Dude, it wouldn’t feel right if you didn’t go after her. It’s cool. We got things handled here. We’ll see you later man. It’s been fun.

Cain: Thanks Matt.~ Bye everyone.

Charlotte: Later Princess.

Cain walked passed everyone and went out of view.

zCn2zHH.png

Everyone looked back to the twins when Noel spoke.

Noel: Guys, she’s practically white.

Anna: N-No, I’m fine! Nostra’s the 1 not feeling good! Remember?

Charlotte: Then let’s keep going. We need to get to safety and make sure “Nostra” can rest. Follow me guys.

Everyone went up north and entered a cave. As everyone walked through the cave, Laura and Charlotte walked up to a metal object. They seemed confused.

DXnuo0p.png

Charlotte: This metal junk is new.

Laura: Yea. This wasn’t here before.

Matthew: Jeez. How fast are these Meteor people?

Suddenly, the ground started to shake. Little rocks fell from the top of the cave down to the ground. Luckily no 1 was hurt but everyone wondered what caused that mini earthquake.

Matthew: Earthquakes? This just never stops does it.

Charlotte: Come on. Let’s keep moving. We’re almost there.

We continued up through the cave. There was more metal things inside the cave and more mini earthquakes. When me and Laura caught up, Charlotte was waiting for us.

Laura: What are you doing Charlotte? We’re almost there.

Charlotte: I know. Is it ok if I talk to Matt here for a second?

Laura: Uhh… Yes sure. See you in a bit babe. -kisses Matthew-

Matthew: -kisses back- See ya babe.

I watched as Laura disappeared through a passage and presumably into the light. I turned towards Charlotte but she had a serious look on her face. It took me aback for a second there.

YV80ZjZ.png

Matthew: Umm… Is everything al-

Charlotte: So you and my sister are together huh? Why?

Matthew: Because we like each other?

Charlotte: Listen to me. She’s 1 of the best sisters anyone could ever hope for and I’ll be damned if she gets her heart broken.

Matthew: Whoa whoa. I would never do that to her Charlotte.

Charlotte: Hmm. We’ll see about that. But I will say this. She seems to have broken out of her shell since you 2 have gotten together. So I guess that’s a positive. Just treat her good and we don’t got a problem. Alright?

Matthew: Trust me Charlotte. I would never do anything to hurt your sister.

Charlotte: I’m gonna hold you to that. Now let’s go. We’re nearly there.

Charlotte raced to the exit of the cave and I followed suit. I made it to the exit of the cave and went outside. The sight was beautiful. I could see the house across a beautiful looking lake. And a lot of pretty flowers. I walked around the lake to get to the house. I caught up to Charlotte again. She seemed to be counting something.

Vk9yfdT.png

Matthew: Umm… What are you doing Charlotte?

Charlotte: These flower rings… 1, 2, 3… 8. 1, 2… 8… 8… -sighs- Laura’s been at it again. Well before she came looking for us.

Matthew: What do you mean?

Charlotte: I don’t know why but she does a lot of things in eights.

Matthew: Ohh.

Charlotte: Anyways, we’re here. Can’t wait for you to see the inside.

Charlotte ran ahead and I followed. I was at the front door and walked inside. The inside looked fantastic. Lots of cool couches and things. Except there wasn’t any tv here. Which kinda made me upset but we weren’t here for tv. We were here to hideout.

mdoH7BY.png

Laura: So? What do you think hun?

Matthew: I love it.

Charlotte: I see you’ve done some… redecorating.

Laura: Well, while I was here, I decided to do that and clean and do a little gardening.

Charlotte: I’ve noticed.

Noel: I don’t mean to interrupt but is there anywhere Anna can lie down? Nostra isn’t feeling better… apparently.

Matthew: Shit. I forgot.

Laura: It’s alright hun. You 2 come with me upstairs. -takes Noel and Anna upstairs-

ay8WfkZ.png

Charlotte: You might already know this but Laura was kept with us at the orphanage as well until very recently.

Matthew: I figured. She never told me but I figured. I think I met her the day she was leaving.

Shelly: R-Really…?

Matthew: Mhm. I bumped into her and well… I crushed on her.

Charlotte: Alright. Keep the lovey dovey shit for you 2. Not everyone here wants to know the details.

Matthew: Ohh shush Charlotte.

Shelly: Umm, Charlotte? C-Can I ask you something?

Charlotte: What is it?

Shelly: Well… What did happen to your parents?

Matthew: Uhh Shell-

Charlotte: That’s not important right now.

Shelly: O-Oh, I’m sorry…

Laura: -comes back downstairs- Poor thing. She went right to sleep and is running an awful fever…

Z5uxryR.png

Matthew: That’s not good.

Charlotte: Don’t we have any medicine around here?

Laura: I checked all the cabinets and we’re all out. But I think the PokeMart in Spinel Town should be selling some.

Matthew: Spinel Town?

Charlotte: Alright. Matt, you should go into town and get some medicine for Anna.

Matthew: Wait. Me? Why should I go?

Charlotte: Just shush and listen to me. Spinel Town is completely separate from the city. Go back through the cave and the way Cain went earlier and you should be able to find it.

Matthew: I’m still waiting on the reason I should be the 1 to go.

Shelly: Umm, I think that there’s a Gym Leader there, if I’m not mistaken…

Matthew: … Sold.

Laura: Ohh hun! Before we go out, you should rest up 1st upstairs with me.

Charlotte: I don’t think there’s any time for… that.

Laura: What? No! I just wanna spend some time with my man.~

Matthew: Yea. We gotta talk though. It’s not bad. Just we need to talk.

Laura: Ohh. Alright. Meet you upstairs then Matthew.

Laura went running upstairs. I walked up the stairs and looked into the other bedrooms before finding the 1 Laura was in. She was sitting on the edge of the bed and patted a spot next to her, indicating for me to sit there next to her. I went over and sat down next to her. We each grabbed each other’s hands and held them.

2XFMZE3.png

Laura: I can’t wait to go with you to Spinel Town.

Matthew: About that-

Laura: It’ll be romantic to walk around the forest with you.

Matthew: But the thing is-

Laura: It’s been a while since we’ve been alone.

Matthew: Laura!

Laura: Ohh sorry. Were you trying to say something sweetie?

Matthew: -sighs- You should stay here babe?

Laura: What? Why?

Matthew: I just think that’d be the best idea for now.

Laura: Did… did I do something wrong?

Matthew: No. Of course not hun. You’ve been perfect. I just think you should stay here and keep an eye on everyone here. Plus, you just got your sister back. I think you 2 should spend some time with each other.

Laura: But… But hun.

Matthew: Come on Laura. You know it’s true. You need to spend time with her. I mean, you left here to go in search for her after all. And now that she’s free and here, you wanna just ignore her?

Laura: You’re… You’re right hun. I should spend some time with her.

Matthew: Thank you hun.

Laura: Just… be careful alright?

Matthew: I will be hun.

We both leaned into each other and kissed each other. We sat there for a couple of minutes talking. I knew I had to leave to get the medicine and my next badge. So, I got up, said goodbye to Laura and exited the bedroom. Before going though, I checked into Anna’s bedroom to see how she was doing. Noel looked at me with a worried look on his face.

Ter75d6.png

Matthew: Hey. How’s she doing?

Noel: She fell asleep as soon as she laid down. That man… When he took the pendant, she started to feel sick.

Matthew: Don’t worry. I’m gonna go get some medicine for her. And we’ll get back her pendant. -walks over to Anna- Get better soon dudette. I’m gonna make you feel better.

I exited the room and the house and started to travel towards Spinel Town. This felt weird being by myself again. No 1 around me. No 1 to talk to or joke around with. Just me. It was somewhat late out too so that was a little bit more weird. But I knew I had to get the medicine for Anna. Before entering through a passage, I saw a sign that said “Chrysolia Forest.” I walked through and saw that the train tracks somewhat disappeared. I had to try to go through these trees and little openings. But something weird was going on. Things were disappearing and appearing.

vDkeVE6.png

I’d go into 1 area, it’d be blocked off and when I’d go back, that way would be blocked off by a big tree that wasn’t there before.
ea0W21h.png

Maybe the tiredness was getting to me but I felt like it wasn’t that. Something was making these trees and debris disappearing and appearing. I was getting super annoyed with this. I just wanted the medicine and my next gym badge. I was finally seeing new area to the forest.

8VUH4tS.png

I started to run through the rest of the way, in hopes that I’d hopefully get through it. Finally, I saw a passage to another area. I stopped in front of it, got on my knees and bowed to it.

oc9l2AU.png

I got back up and walked through the passage and entered Spinel Town. It looked weird though. Like there were some things here that didn’t belong. For instance, there was a train in front of me and it was on no tracks. Someone saw me coming through and he came running up to me.

Stranger: No dude. You gotta go. It isn’t safe here.

Matthew: Why? What’s wrong?

Stranger: This town… Things just disappear and appear in different places. You gotta go man. Be safe.

Matthew: Well I came here for medicine. I can’t just leave. Excuse me.

I walked past the man and explored the town. He wasn’t lying. Things were zapping in and out all over the place here. I wondered what in the hell was going on but I just wanted to go do what I came here for and then go back to where everything made sense. I saw the PokeMart. I ran up to it.
AOOoEKF.png

As soon as I was like a step or 2 away, the whole mart disappeared. I stood there in disbelief.

Matthew: The… The mart… It just… Wha…

Random woman: Did the mart just disappear? Ohh well. I reckon it should show up somewhere not too far from here.

Matthew: …

Ja1Fqth.png

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 46

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 46

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 47

TZfH8j4.gif

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 46

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 46

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Heather (8/10 NO CHANGE!) - We finally rescue everyone and she just decides to up and fly away. This sucks but... Maybe she'll recover on her own somehow. I hope she'll be better soon.

Cain (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - I'm gonna miss this dude so much. We've been through so much in the past couple of days. I'm glad he's gonna go make sure Heather is gonna be good though. That's a true friend right there. I look forward to our next encounter in the future.

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - I'm into Laura so much but she does need to spend some time with her sister. I don't want her to just be all up on me. She's gonna be even with this relationship and family. I don't want her to forget that. Still, it feels weird without her here next to me.

Shelly (9/10 NO CHANGE!) -It probably wasn't the best idea to ask someone what happened to their parents but she told me there was a Gym Leader where I'm supposed to go so... Sweet.

Charlotte (9/10 NO CHANGE!) - I feel hurt that Charlotte would accuse me of hurting her sister somehow in this relationship. But I can understand why. She cares for her. I'm glad they'll get to spend sometime with each other though.

Anna (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Poor little girl. She just keeps to get sicker and sicker it seems. Oops. I mean Nostra. And it all started when Sirius took her pendant... I swear I'll get that back for her AND make her feel better. You know... I just thought of this but... she kind of feels like a little sister to me.

Noel +1 (7/10) - I've been wondering if he had a different mood from just being... meh. Glad to see he cares for his sister. I promise to both of them, I'll get her medicine to make her feel better and to get back her pendant. I wonder if he has any feelings with the pendant as well. Hmm.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

ica6EUO.png

I went into a building that was once next to the PokeMart and sat down on a couch.

iCdnBl5.png

I was contemplating what I was gonna do next. I came here for the medicine for Anna but the Mart had now disappeared. I also came here for a Gym Battle but I felt bad that I would only be able to come back with a badge but no medicine. But I decided I should just go for the badge and figure out what to do after. There was no point in being here and not go for the badge. I got up from the couch and walked outside. Unfortunately for me, it had started to rain.

R9Ynjms.png

Matthew: -sigh- Fucking rain.

I hastily walked over the rest of the town to search for the gym. The last building I saw seemed quite fancy and nice. Not something I saw very much since I came here some time ago. I looked over and saw a Gym sign. I was at the right place. I walked up to the door and was about to reach for the handle when the door flung open, smacking me right on my scarred cheek.

kwDUEHq.png

???: Luna?!

Matthew: Ohh Arceus! Son of a… fuck!

???: Ohh! My apologies!

Matthew: It’s alright. Just… It hit me in a bad spot. And no. I’m not this Luna person.

I looked up at the kid while still holding my cheek in pain. He looked weird. Glasses, nerdy like clothing and Arceus knows what was going on with his hair. As I stared at the boy, I could see his eyes fixated onto my face. And I knew what his next sentence was gonna be.

???: Holy smokes. What happened to your face?

Matthew: I got in trouble with a Garchomp.

???: Wow. That’s… insane.

Matthew: You’re telling me.

???: Well excuse me. I was supposed to investigate the source of a loud noise.

He walked around me and away from the house a bit and turned around looking to the roof of the house. I could see a confused look go over his face.

???: Well… That would do it.

I walked up to him and looked up to the roof of the house. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Matthew: Is that-

???: Indeed it is. -walks up to the front door and shouts- Mother, the PokeMart seems to have appeared on top of the house!

??? #2: Say what now?

An older woman, still looking good for her age though, walked out next to Bennett. She was wearing somewhat of skin tight clothing and her hair was a color mixture of light blue and some kind of magenta color. These 2 were related? The woman walked out a bit and then looked up at the PokeMart that had plopped down on the roof of her house.

L7HgEYj.png

??? #2: So it has. Well, it explains why we couldn’t get the balcony door open before. -turns towards me- Ohh. Hello there. I didn’t notice you. Who might you be?

Matthew: My name is Matthew.

Serra: Hello there Matthew. My name is Serra. And I suppose I’m this town’s Gym Leader?

Matthew: Wait. You suppose?

Serra: Mhm. And as for the shop… Well, I’m afraid we might be out of luck there.

Matthew: Damn. I find it and I still can’t get to it.

Serra: I have an idea. Why don’t you come inside? You too Bennett.

Matthew: Alright. Thanks.

The 3 of us walked into the house. I couldn’t believe how nice it looked inside. It also basically only had the colors that were in Serra’s hair which was odd but it wasn’t my house. So I didn’t say anything. I walked up to them and went to go sit on the couch but Bennett pulled me to him standing in front of him.

IANxEQQ.png

Bennett: Greetings! My name is Bennett, as you’ve already heard. I’m a lepidopterist.

Matthew: You’re a what?

Bennett: A person who studies butterflies and moths.

Matthew: Ohh. That’s cool I suppose.

Bennett: It is! Something about how little insects can go from what they are to something so much more. It’s just so exciting!

Matthew: Ummm…

Bennett: Did you know that Cascoon have perfect memories?

Matthew: I did n-

Bennett: Despite never moving or doing anything, they’ll never forget a battle!

Matthew: Ok the-

Bennett: And once they evolve, they’re remarkably able to exact any form of retaliation for what happened earlier in their life! When you think about it, they truly are small geniuses-

Serra: Bennett, that’s enough. I think that’s quite enough for right now. You might be boring our guest.

Matthew (thinking to myself): Ohh thank merciful Neptune!

After listening to all of that, I sat down next to Serra. It was a bit of awkward silence there. Then she started to speak.

9g52NKx.png

Serra: I must ask this but-

Matthew: Incident with a Garchomp. I get asked that all the time.

Serra: I’m sorry about what happened to your face but that isn’t what I was going to ask.

Matthew: Ohh… Sorry. Continue then.

Serra: You’re a challenger to the Reborn League, right?

Matthew: Indeed I am. I’ll be up to 6 badges with my next Gym win.

Serra: Impressive. As I believe I have mentioned earlier, I am a Gym Leader. An Ice-Type Gym Leader.

Matthew: Ice-Type huh?

Bennett: Yes! And Luna is also a Gym Leader!

Serra: … Yes, she is, but we’re not talking about her right now, and she’s not here.

Matthew: Again with this girl?

Bennett: Matthew, have you at any point, seen a young girl with very pretty blonde hair and a fancy black and white dress? And also a really pretty… well everything?

Matthew: Uhhh… No?

Serra: Stop it Bennett. You’re making things uncomfortable here for Matthew. And myself to be honest. If she wants to come back, then she will.

Matthew: I know I shouldn’t ask but… who is she?

Serra: I guess I should explain. Luna is, or I guess was, my adopted daughter. Just randomly appeared 1 day. Apparently things here have penchant for that sort of thing. Anyways, she claimed that I was her mother.

I quickly glanced over to Bennett who seemed to be really excited over this conversation about this Luna person. While she might not have been related to him, it was kind of creepy that he had this fascination with his adopted sister. I continued listening to Serra’s story.

Serra: By the way, I am quite sure that is not the case. I’ve only had 1 child and he’s right there. Nonetheless though, I couldn’t turn her away. She actually was a pretty good girl but I can’t just go on playing “House” with her forever.

Matthew: It’s ok. I understand.

Serra: Anyways, she’s run off again. So that’s good… But then again, everything does seem to slip away from me eventually.

Matthew (thinking to himself): Did… Did she just make an ice pun?

Serra: I have no idea on how to go about finding her real parents. It’s not as if they’re just going to randomly appear at our doorstep 1 day.

As soon as she said that, the doorbell rang.

Matthew: That’s… That’s just weird.

Serra: Bennett, go answer the door for me please?

Bennett: Yes Mother.

Bennett went and answered the door, he came back beside his mother. I turned around and saw what seemed to be an old man wearing some kind of tan robe. Sirens started to go off in my head when I saw him.

GyIy3Xt.png

???: Prosperitas, Pax Pacis, Obsequium. Blessings of the Lord Arceus upon your house.

Matthew (under my breath): What the hell?

El: My name is El, a servant of our Lord Arceus.

Serra: Well hello and welcome El. How can I help you? I hope you aren’t trying to get into the PokeMart.

El: No my dear. I am here for a different reason. To look for my daughter.

Matthew (in my thoughts): Are you fucking kidding me? Everything Serra said about this Luna girl and now apparently, her father appears out of nowhere to claim her. This is just too… weird and cheesy somehow.

Bennett: Wait. You couldn’t possibly mean Luna could you?

El: Very good. You do know her.

Matthew: Well those 2 do. I’ve only just been told not that long ago about her.

El: Then I shan’t bother asking you any questions about her. My apologies if that sounded rude.

Matthew: It’s ok. -under my breath- I’d rather you not talk to me anyways.

El: Luna is a child who has lost the Lord’s light. A path of darkness she walks. She has turned her back on me, denouncing me as her father and ran away. I have come to reclaim her.

Serra: Well I am happy to hear that someone from her actual family has come searching for her. However, I’m afraid Luna has run away from here as well too.

El: Have you any idea where she may have run off to?

Serra: I don’t know. She didn’t say anything. She disappeared just as quickly as she came. I wish I could say the same for the PokeMart.

Matthew: I agree with you on that.

Serra: And as well as half the guys I been with.

Matthew:… This family just doesn’t care about keeping secrets or stuff like that to yourselves do you?

Bennett: Mom!

Serra: Are you sure she didn’t say anything to you before she left Bennett?

Bennett: What? Me? No. I mean, uhh… I don’t know…

El: Hmm… I see. Miss Serra Voclain correct? I have traveled a great distance to get here and I am very much distressed at having missed her company. Would it be alright if I rested here for a short while?

Serra: That shouldn’t be a problem. Actually, you came at an entertaining time. Matthew here is challenging me to a battle for my Gym Badge.

El: Is that so?

Serra: Bennett, show El to the spectators’ seats would you?

Bennett: Sure mom.

Serra: Matthew, I’ll prepare for your challenge so please meet me in the arena behind me. Best of luck to you.

With that, everyone left. I stood there trying to take in everything that had just happened. This was a weird family and I wanted to get away from them as fast as possible. Well, to be honest, I just wanted to get away from Bennett and El. Serra wasn’t really a problem. Bennett creeped me out as did El. I took a deep breath and headed for the doors up ahead of me. I went through and defeated the 2 trainers that were in the room. This puzzle confused me. I went up to 1 of the trainers and asked for help.

Matthew: Hey. Uhh, what’s this Gym’s puzzle?

Trainer: You gotta try to break through the mirrors. You’ll be able to continue through when you find the right 1.

Matthew: Ohh… Thanks.

I went up to the wall which was all covered in mirrors. I somehow didn’t notice that when I was in here earlier. I went up to a corner side.

wcrUJwy.png

I took a deep breath and punch the mirror in front of me. Luckily, the mirror shattered, revealing an entrance. But, that didn’t help the fact that it hurt the hell out of my hand.

0N6DJ0C.png

Matthew: Ow! Son of a- For the love of all that is good! Ugh!

With my hand in pain, I went into the next room and battled 2 more trainers and was faced with another wall of mirrors. Unlike the last room, the 1st spot wasn’t the entrance to the next room. In fact, I almost cracked every mirror before finding the right 1.

Matthew: Oh my Arceus. My hand hurts like a BITCH!

In the next room, I saw Bennett and El. Somehow, seeing those 2 made the pain in my hand feel less painful.

QifwIPZ.png

Bennett: Hey Matthew. You seem to be doing alright.

Matthew: I suppose you can say that.

Bennett: Well, I’ll cut to the chase. I would like to challenge you to a battle.

Matthew: You would huh? You’re that leopard thing right? A person that likes insects. So that means you’ll be using Bug Type Pokemon right?

Bennett: Correct. Just so you know, I always request to battle all of mother’s challengers before they officially battle her.

Matthew: You’d throw them off a bit by using Bug Types while they’d be prepared to battle Ice Types. Nice strategy.

Bennett: That’s not why I do it. I hope to be a Gym Leader 1 day and I believe this is the most efficient way of preparing myself.

Matthew: Hmm. I suppose that makes sense. -in my thoughts- No WAY would I wanna challenge this dude for a badge for Bug Types. Too weird for me.

Bennett: Now, allow me to test myself against you!

El: Impressive battle young ones.

Matthew: Thanks I guess.

El: I believe that the both of you have been gifted by Arceus’ light.

Bennett: I’m sorry sir. No disrespect but I don’t believe it’s any such “light.” I believe it is instead diligence and commitment.

Matthew: Surprisingly, I agree with you kid.

El: And such diligence will indeed take you far. Bennett, would you believe me if I told you that you were dreaming too small?

Matthew: Wait what?

Bennett: Excuse me? Too small sir?

El: Indeed. You say you want to be a Gym Leader but I believe that with your skills and determination, you could go as far as to join the Elite 4!

Matthew: Wait. How would you know that? And how could you even do-

Bennett: Tha-That’s unthinkable! The Elite 4? Me? Really? I mean, it sounds fantastic but as you saw, I still have a long way to go before then.

El: That maybe true young man but for someone of your dedication, I believe I could of service to you. Come. Let us leave your friend to their challenge. We should discuss the… details somewhere else. You may find yourself in a new position in due time.

Bennett: I… I can’t believe it. Do you really mean that sir!?

El: I do.

Bennett: Then please! Let’s go right away Mr. El! Follow me!

Bennett rushed passed me and out of the room. El followed but stopped and looked towards me.

1dNR7Zz.png

El: And Matthew, blessings to you as well. All is reflected in the eyes of the Lord. Please do remember this.

Matthew: Uhh, sure. No problem.

And with that, El walked off. This visit here just kept getting more crazy. Bennett could now become and Elite 4 Member and somehow this old dude was able to help him with that? I thought for a while about this and then it hit me like a Mach Punch to the gut.

Matthew (talking to myself out loud): Somehow, El must be… part of the Elite 4. That’s… insane!

I was still in shock but I then remembered why I was here in the 1st place. To get the Gym Badge from Serra. I walked up to the wall of mirrors and punched it. Again, I was unfortunate not to get it right the 1st hit. Luckily though, it didn’t take me as many tries as it did with the last room. I went to the next room and was finally in Serra’s Gym Arena. I walked up to her, holding my hand in pain.

0ggRMGF.png

Serra: Welcome to my Gym Battling Arena Matthew. This is where… Whoa. What happened to your hand?

Matthew: What kind of psychopath has a puzzle to where someone has to punch through mirrors to reach the Arena of a Gym Leader?!

Serra: Wait. Wait. YOU punched through them?

Matthew: Yea! What else was I supposed to do?!

Serra:… You were supposed to use your Pokemon to use Rock Smash on them.

Matthew:… Ohh… That actually makes more sense now…

Serra: -sigh- Well look, I don’t mind waiting for a bit until you feel better and my son and that El person doesn’t seem like they’re here yet. So if you need some time to let your hand heal before the battle, go and get it healed up.

Matthew: I think I may do that. Thanks. And sorry…

I exited the arena and the whole house and walked towards the PokeCenter. I decided that instead of just sitting around waiting for my hand to heal that I’d go train my Pokemon. As I was walking, Godra Goodra popped out of its PokeBall.

Matthew: Huh? Hey. What are you doing out of your ball?

Sliggoo: Sliggoooooo.

I looked onto the ground and saw a piece of Rare Candy. Before I could do anything, Godra Goodra slithered its way over and swalloed the candy down whole.

Matthew: Hey! Spit that out! You don’t know where that’s been!

I ran over but as I was about to get to it, she started to glow. I stopped in my tracks and jumped back a little from the sudden glowiness. I then watched as Sliggoo started to transform.

gLr9xJ0.png

IT8RPEp.png

eynggWo.png

Matthew: No way… It’s evolving!

C16qluy.png

Gb2AzOW.png

5wHo0Ea.png

In a matter of minutes, Sliggoo was now a Goodra which finally made the nickname fit, might I add. I ran over to it and gave it a hug as it gave 1 back. When I stopped back, I felt the slime and stickiness all over me but that didn’t bother me. I had a Goodra on my team now. I was a bit confused on how it evolved though. Then it struck me. It was raining. And when Sliggoo levels up during a rainstorm, they evolve.

Matthew: Well, I guess eating that Rare Candy wasn’t a bad thing. But please don’t do that again.

Goodra: Goooodraaaa!

Matthew: Alright. Let’s get you back into your PokeBall.

I took out Godra Goodra’s PokeBall and returned it back. I then walked to the PokeCenter to heal my Pokemon and go train a bit before taking on Serra for her Gym Badge.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 47

k4YrC9k.gif

Goodra (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 50

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 48

TZfH8j4.gif

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 47

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 47

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Bennett (3/10) - Definitely weird kid. Way too into bugs and way too into this Luna girl. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason she ran away from here. He has a strange obsession with her and was also technically her adopted brother.

Serra (7/10) - She seems like a nice lady. Seems like she loves her son even though he's a handful no doubt. She seems kind of sad though. Was it because of that Luna running away? She didn't seem to care when we were talking about her leaving. Well whatever the case, me and her are gonna battle for the Gym Badge!

El (1/10) - I have a very bad feeling about this El guy. I mean how can we even trust him when he says he's Luna's father? It could all be a trap. I don't think his intentions are good. And he's also apart of the Elite 4!? That's even more bad news!

• Like 1