ZEL Lore

MadHappy

( For the best experience, make the little voice inside your head sound like the big armored fellow here , or here for a better voice )

So, I'll start by saying this will include spoilers of the game. Most of you have finished the game already, but some might just be playing for the first time. So keep that in mind.

ZEL. A Team Meteor Admin, put in charge by Solaris to oversee the PULSE Machines wreak havoc on Reborn, with the sole purpose to push the people out of the holy land, and the mystic chamber buried under the city. 

We first meed him in Onyx, where we defeat the PULSE Tangrowth, after seeing what the what the PULSE can do. We also get insight on the personalities which form ZEL :

Zero ( Zel ) - the violent persona. We see him arguing, threatening, and trying to intimidate the other personas. He ( as it's confirmed he's a male in the journal in Ametrine City ) was tasked with capturing and supplying the PULSE Prototype for Team Meteor, only to wake up fused with 2 other persons. 

Eve Seijaya ( zEl ) - The second personality. The protective one. She protects the third personality form Zero's threats, unfazed by him. She hates him, as Zero is the main reason they are stuck together.

Evelyn and Lumina are both sisters, which lived in Reborn, only to move when their father died due to a disease from the smog. Eve, Lumi and their mother went to Ametrine, to escape the smog, but it was too late. The mother contracted the same disease and died. Shortly after, Lumi had contracted the same disease. Wanting to cure her sister, Eve invented the PULSE to amplify the  healing powers of a Pokemon, thus creating a cure. Only Team Meteor heard of the machine and sent Zero to claim it. Holding Lumi hostage, Zero forced Eve to keep building the device. When doe, Eve tried to rescue Lumi, only for a Magneton to be sent into the PULSE and evolving. ( I;ll continue after Lumi )

Lumina Seijaya ( zeL ) - The third personality. The shyest and kindest personality. She is the little sister of Eve, and the main reason for the existence of the PULSE machine, to be honest. Her disease made Eve create the device, thus giving Meteor their actual weapon.

As continuing from where I left off at Eve, In the struggle A Magneton was sent into the PULSE, causing it to evolve into Magnezone. And as the device activated, something else happened. As told in the journal, and on the Wikipedia page, Magneton evolves by fusing 3 Magnemites together into 1. As the PULSE was active, the PULSE also amplified the evolution, causing Eve, Lumi and Zero to fuse into ZEL. 

Zero took control, as Eve and Lumi inhabited his body, and gave the PULSE to Meteor. With it, they caused a number of disasters, most notable being Byxbysion Wasteland, using Garbodor ( Mr. Bigglesworth ) and PULSE-01 in the caverns. That;s why the first cleanup failed. The filth was gone, but the source was still active.

Later, after we fell into a trap, defeat Victoria and Archlight, and we witness Ame's death at the jaws of Lin's Hydregon, we find ZEL and the same Magnezone ( given the concern Lumi showed for it's well being, unlike to Tangrowth ). After the battle, Eve tells her sister she loves her, as she knew with Magnezone defeated/dead, they will be gone too. The shockwave after the destruction of the PULSE separated Lumi, Eve and Zero, the latter being the only one left. Alone for the first time, he couldn't cope with the sensation of loneliness, running off. 

So now, we only have Zero left. The other personalities either died or unfused in some other place. We shall wait and see.

Of course, we still have the PULSE. What are they, how  do they work, how many there are?

But that, is a story for another day. 

(i'm trying to find a new catchphrase )

Tomorrow or Saturday, I'll make the theory about PULSE.

If you like me typing these sort info stories/theories at 2 in the morning, comment down on what should I make my next theory ( and to show some support to see if people actually like these).

Edited by MadHappy

1 hour ago, MadHappy said:

Evelyn and Lumina are both sisters, which lived in Reborn, only to move when their father died due to a disease from the smog. Eve, Lumi and their mother went to Ametrine, to escape the smog, but it was too late. The mother contracted the same disease and died. Shortly after, Lumi had contracted the same disease. 

Hmm, this is a tricky one, re: 'same disease'.

Lumi's diary does say that "now mama has gotten very sick, too", implying that they lost their father to some sort of sickness. But we never actually find out in-game what exactly was the cause of their father's death. All we know is that Lumi was afraid that her mother would "leave [her] like papa did" - which can mean just about anything from "I don't want my other parent to die as well" to "I don't want her to die early, too" to "I don't want her to die the same way that my father did".

And while the mentions of the "polluted city" and moving to Ametrine certainly seem to imply that the smog in the city was detrimental to her mother's health, I'm reluctant to assume that both of them suffered the same diagnosis as the father.

Lumi mentions that the disease she and her mother have "ran in the family", and that the actual surprise was the early onset, rather than the fact that she got sick ("nobody thought it would happen so soon") - which would imply that it is genetic. The odds that her father had the same condition would be rather low in that case.

I'm quite tired, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find much "theory" in this post, it's mainly story, mainly confirmed parts of the story with maybe a little bit of interpretation at the points where there aren't confirmed facts, but just implications.