[Potential V10 spoilers] Your favourite thing about Rejuvenation

Zumi

• Veterans

So! I've made a thread like this before, but let's spread some positivity about this game, shall we? Tell me your favourite thing about Rejuvenation! This can be anything, from custom graphics to the music to the storyline, although of course it'd be best if it was directly related to the game, and not like "[x] song is good", because it's not directly made by the team working on Rejuvenation.

Make sure to put any V10 related content, if it's some of your favourite stuff, in a spoiler tag!

Spoiler

One of my favorite things in V10 would have to be the Wispy Tower.Finally the place looks like it used to be important and not just another area.

Bonus points for the espurr event.That was cute.

I love Rejuvenation's scenery. It's really varied, almost every route/area has its own personality, which avoids the sense of monotony that other games cause. I love the route design too, it manages to not be boringly linear without being chaotic nor giving the feeling that the different paths are the same (idk if I'm explaining myself correctly rip). 

The sprites for this game are really some of the best used imo really like em, but more importantly the characters are great. Angie being my favorite right now lol, she's prolly the best villain yet, we definitely need to see her return

11 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

...This is the most tumblr thing I've ever read on this site.

its probably gonna happen unless relationship points actually let you romance a character or change how a character acts in the future

Edited by LeoYT

Assuming the relationship points ever do anything in the first place I mean, things certainly seem to be headed in that direction, don't they?

I personally the fact that you are probably going to have a whole lot of "oh, that's what they meant!" moments going back through the game. A lot of characters say foreshadowing type things that either hide in the background if you don't know what they're referring to, or straight up don't make much sense without prior knowledge...

On a more balance related note, doing Reborn second has made me very appreciative of the sidequest system Rejuvenation has got going on here. I haven't had to grind anywhere near as much here- in fact, the only times I really had to sit back and commit localized genocide were in Indriad's mansion and the Tower of Theolia, where you're cut off from the rest of the world anyway, And even then, it kinda helps with the feeling of dread in those scenarios, so I can't really complain (too much)~!

I love the game’s design and the graphics. It’s gorgeous, and really brings everything to life.

I also love all the cinematic-like events. Those just look really cool.

And most recently, the choices of new music in V10, and the placement. A lot of fan games don’t realise now important music is to a scene, and the way Rejivenation changes it to reflect the situation is really appealing.

Also, Potentail? Hey, Look! Zumi made a mistake on the Internet.

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but I really can't take this thread that seriously with such a big spelling error in the title. 

16 minutes ago, Chromein said:

I love the game’s design and the graphics. It’s gorgeous, and really brings everything to life.

I also love all the cinematic-like events. Those just look really cool.

And most recently, the choices of new music in V10, and the placement. A lot of fan games don’t realise now important music is to a scene, and the way Rejivenation changes it to reflect the situation is really appealing.

The Aesthetics of this game are possibly the best Aesthetics in any Pokemon Fangame ever, except for maybe Desolation.

...It's kinda sad that the person who made a massive post about the Jukebox day one didn't think to mention the music here. Huh. Seriously though, this game has some phenomenal tracks across the board, with there being several places where i refuse to jump on the bike and ruin the atmosphere- very few locations in the main series have been able to do that to me! 

V10 Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler

Assuming I'm correct about my assessment on the "Xen Executive" themes, it seems that Captain Valerie inherited Zetta's song. Guess she's the Archie to his Maxie in this case? I found it to be a nice touch, in any case.

I like how legit every soundtrack is PMD.

And how we actually get to fight Aelita herself as a Pokemon.

But I didn't want Aelita to leave. ;-;

She's not coming back 'till the end of V12 or V13 at least.

I'm sad.

Spoiler

Yeah, her just leaving then was kinda disappointing. Especially given that she's almost starting back from square one- her powers might in full swing when she returns, but her team's gonna need a lot of grinding to get back on track with the rest of us.Oh, and she's so getting fined for skipping the Tournament, though.

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but I really can't take this thread that seriously with such a big spelling error in the title. 

The Aesthetics of this game are possibly the best Aesthetics in any Pokemon Fangame ever, except for maybe Desolation.

Funnily enough, Desolation’s aesthetics are my least favourite thing about it xD

But yeah, Rejuvenation is probably one of  prettiest and best looking fangame out there, including ROM hacks and all. Sage might be the winner though :P 

2 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

...This is the most tumblr thing I've ever read on this site.

Not sure if you were aware, but lesbians do in fact exist outside of tumblr.

My favorite thing about Rejuvenation are the characters and their interactions. There are too many good characters to count, but my favorite is Venam. Other favorites of mine include Nim, Aelita, Tesla, Amber, Marianette and Florin.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Oh no! I Made A Small Insignificant Mistake! Big whoop. Not to be rude but that was 1) completely uncalled for and 2) try to stay on topic, as this isn't what this topic is for. You may wanna be careful with what you're saying.

Anyways, If I may add to this thread myself, probably my favourite thing about Rejuv is how distinct the characters are. You can really tell they're different people, and I love that a lot! Also, the route designs are 10/10 and their aesthetics all make them like unique and beautiful areas!

17 minutes ago, Winter said:

Not sure if you were aware, but lesbians do in fact exist outside of tumblr.

My favorite thing about Rejuvenation are the characters and their interactions. There are too many good characters to count, but my favorite is Venam. Other favorites of mine include Nim, Aelita, Tesla, Amber, Marianette and Florin.

I know. It's not the fact that they are lesbian. It's the fact that their favorite thing about the game is that their ship became canon.

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I know. It's not the fact that they are lesbian. It's the fact that their favorite thing about the game is that their ship became canon.

Man... Just let people enjoy their things. It's not that hard.

• Veterans
5 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I wasn't criticizing, though.

That's not the problem, the thing was that you were being incredibly condescending about it in a way by saying that it's "the most tumblr thing you've read on this site", that's what's the problem (you probably know that tumblr doesn't really have a good reputation anyways). Your manner of speech is backhanded and condescending and may come off as rude more than anything else, so please think twice before you say something, you might unintentionally upset someone.

Regardless, let's drop this discussion. This topic isn't meant for drama.