Looking for good Anime to watch

Damien

Suggestions? I'm trying to take a break from games for a while so I am gonna watch some stuff for the next week or so. Please send your suggestions (I've already watched Angel Beats and Tokyo Ghoul and Angel Beats' ending left me speechless and the ending of tokyo ghoul made me cry. #Restinpiece)

32 minutes ago, Damien said:

Suggestions? I'm trying to take a break from games for a while so I am gonna watch some stuff for the next week or so. Please send your suggestions (I've already watched Angel Beats and Tokyo Ghoul and Angel Beats' ending left me speechless and the ending of tokyo ghoul made me cry. #Restinpiece)

What style/mood would you like to go for?   If you want a genere or general mood, I can make more specific recemdations.  I'll just put a few below anyway; I'll elaborate one any, but most in the Recent and Lesser are mostly in the comedy genre except Made in Abyss at times.........

If you want my pics for the "very widely popular" category, there are things like    Steins;Gate. Code Geass, FMA (either) and Kill la Kill.

Recent hits:  Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Little Witch Acedemia, Made in Abyss, Kemono Friends

Lesser Known:  Daiguard, Flip Flappers, Chobits, Friuts Basket         (yes, I feel the need to highlight the non-generic answers; they need                                                                                                                                                            love too)

If you're looking a tragedy or emotional anime I recommend Re:Zero & Fate/Zero. Fate/Zero has slow start but an Amazing plot, action, tragedy that will make you fall in love with the series. I don't want to spoil Re:Zero for you. Also, give boku no hero academia & Black Clover a try those will really blow you away.

Here's a few I recommend and their genres

Nichijou - Comedy, Slice of Life (but not really)

Steins;Gate - Sci-fi, Time-travel, Thriller

Kill la Kill - Action, Comedy

Erased - Time-travel, Mystery, Thriller

Assassination Classroom - Comedy, Sci-fi

Wolf's Rain - Action-Adventure, Sci-fi, Drama

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Magical Girl

I recommend-

1) Monster

2)attack on titan

3)shiki

4)death note

5)noragami

6)irregular at magic high school

7) classroom of the elite

8) fairy tail

10) code geass

11) fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

actually I'll make this list very long.lol

there are tons of good anime.

Edited by Aryaman

• Developers

Shakugan no Shana ( its also available in dubbed but still kept its japanese name)

Mushishi

Hell girl

Death Parade

Deadman wonderland

warning they all are dark in some way but I highly recommend them all :)

Since you liked Angel Beats, and want to watch something emotional, check out Clannad and Clannad After Story, Kanon 2006, Air, Ano Hana, Your Lie in April, a Silent Voice, and most of Makoto Shinkai's movies (5cm Per Second and Your Name). 

If you want something similar to Tokyo Ghoul, I recommend checking out Parasyte the Maxim and Devilman Crybaby. Just like Tokyo Ghoul, both have a darker tone and carry similar themes. If you haven't read the manga of Tokyo Ghoul, check it out. It's much better than the anime version.

Attack on Titan, Either Fullmetal Alchemist, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Deadman Wonderland (if only it could have been finished :(), Code Geass, Castlevania (It's a Netflix series with 4 episodes so far, but it's good), Death Note, SAO (Yes, I'm recommending SAO. While it has flaws, quite big ones at times, it also has good high points), Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate, Kill La Kill... I think that's most of what I can offer (have I proven my weebness yet?)

How about some underground and underrated ones~

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio:Ars Nova

Shoukoku no Altair

Ueki no Housoku

Ergo Proxy(Quite a mindfuck)

Btoom!

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Trinity Blood

Higashi no Eden

Air

Full Metal Panic

Aldnoah.Zero

For the feels trip:

Shigatsu wo kimi no uso

9 hours ago, Damien said:

There's a million anime out there so don't go ask for blind suggestions. Instead, think of what you really enjoy and wanna watch and pick one of the top shows of that genre/style. If you liked the monsters and violence in Tokyo Ghoul, you can't go wrong with Hellsing Ultimate, or if you don't like 50-min episodes, go watch Claymore. One features badass vampire with guns, the other features badass women with swords. Or if you're feeling really really spicy, go watch Devilman Crybaby. It came out this year by one of the best directors out there. It's a shy virgin boy turned into demon badass fighting other demons. It's a readaptation of a classic manga that just does so much good stuff with characters and themes. 

Although that's absolutely not my stuff, if you liked Angel Beats that much, go watch other shows based on hentai games visual novels made by Key, the group from which came the creator of Angel Beats. The main ones are Air, Kanon and Clannad. And while Clannad is considered the best out of the three, its sequel Clannad ~After story~ is one of the most beloved anime ever, period.

But again, ask yourself what you really wanna watch and pick one of the titles at the top of the pecking order. A recent good show is good, but a really fuckin good show is just better, regardless if it came out 10 or 15 years ago.