Reborn Support Group™

"That's why I'll never stop trying. Because somebody fucking has to." - David - Camp Camp

Spoiler

While taken out of context here, the scene itself was one of the strongest of many Rooster Teeth series. Instead of explaining it I'll post it right here

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, ArcherEric said:

”how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren’t real?”- jaden smith

already quoted that, before changing it to tristan. Also flexing with my ability to quote 😤

now uhh

"we need to talk about that iFunny watermark" - FBI

• 2 weeks later...

This exchange in TWEWY  D4W1. (Minor spoilers, but nothing serious)

Spoiler

Neku:What are you doing?

Shiki:Just people watching. I mean, look at them all. Shibuya's so diverse, and everybody's got their own story.

Neku (Thoughts):Shibuya sucks. Who needs a town with so many people? All they do is get in the way and screech at each other. They're the REAL Noise. Wish I had a giant Mute button.

Beat:But, yo, you ever try scanning them all? It's like havin' the radio on every channel at once.

Rhyme:Yeah, like everybody's values...are all trying to come in the loudest. No other town compares.

Shiki:Shibuya's a battlefield.

Neku (Thoughts):Yeah, it is kinda like that. A clash of creeds.

Beat:But man, all these people...and they can't even see us, yo.

Rhyme:Makes you sad, huh?

Neku (Thoughts):Sad?! I'm thankful. Nobody sees me. Nobody bothers me. And nobody expects anything from me. This is like a dream. Once I survive the seven days, does the dream end?

Shortly followed by this one

Rhyme:Wha..huh?! Wait, Beat!

Shiki:Heh...Beat's got a lot of energy, huh?

Rhyme:Yeah. He keeps me on the ball. Sometimes, he can get a little crazy, though. Beat's the one who asked me to be his partner.

Shiki:Wow, so you---OMIGOSH IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!

Rhyme:Huh? What?

Shiki:That pendant! Where did you find one?!

Rhyme:Oh, this? Yeah, I heard they sold out quickly. How'd you know about it?

Shiki:I saw it in a magazine. I loooooove following the latest clothes and accessories. Lucky...I wanted one soooo bad.

Rhyme:I'm sorry that I can't give you mine, but it was a gift from my brother.

Shiki:You've got a brother?
Rhyme:Yeah. Older. He's really nice......I hope he's okay.

Shiki:Oh, I'm sure he's doing great. And you'll see him soon!

Rhyme:Yeah, I hope so. So, you're into fashion?

Shiki:Totally! I want to be a designer! I love making clothes, but right now it's just a hobby.

Rhyme:I still think it's pretty cool. It must be nice to have a dream--to be head over heels for something. I don't know what it's like....not really.

Shiki:Why not? You don't have any dreams?

Rhyme:No. But when I look at Beat, I think 'keep moving forward', because someday, my dream will find me.

Shiki:Yeah.

Rhyme:Beat's really good at skateboarding. He says his dream is to become the world's greatest skater. If he can do it, so can I.

To this song

Spoiler

All in all, TWEWY is an amazing game, almost a piece of art, that I would definitely recommend to everyone here, especially considering that the Solo Remix is pretty cheap on mobile.

• Like 1

Yet another TWEWY quote. No spoilers, though. (Still put in spoilers if someone both wants to play TWEWY and play it completely blind.)

Spoiler

"Everyone has their own little internal world, a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world might mean nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's impossible."

And this one

"Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world."

1 minute ago, Sirius said:
  Hide contents

@Velthomer21 got your spoiler content the wrong way round;) What I mean is have our quotes/messages out and the rest of the post that isn't one of those messages in the spoiler although everybody seems to be ignoring this so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like how I'm doing right now. Having my message out, and then the rest of my post in the spoiler 

Its just considerate to someone who might want to go reading through this thread looking for support

also let's keep one message per post, as you can see I double posted earlier ^. It just keeps posts tidy

don't really like repeating this but oh well

Also, the idea of sharing supportive songs is nb too actually. I personally don't find that sort of feeling from that song ^ but 

I know a couple of nice songs that can be posted here

Love is not a reason to tolerate disrespect.

Just to clarify, it isn't that the song is supportive, it's that the song plays to the scene. Working in tandem, it's an amazing feeling.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Velthomer21 said:

Yet another TWEWY quote. No spoilers, though. (Still put in spoilers if someone both wants to play TWEWY and play it completely blind.)

Hide contents

"Everyone has their own little internal world, a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world might mean nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's impossible."

And this one

"Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world."

So...understanding other people is impossible.

Go float yourself.

10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

So...understanding other people is impossible.

Go float yourself.

Spoiler

Yeah, it kinda is. Hell, a decent amount of people these days can't even understand themselves. And what does The 100 have to do with this?

Anyway.

"It was the wont of the immortal gods sometimes to grant prosperity and long impunity to men whose crimes they were minded to punish in order that a complete reverse of fortune might make them suffer more bitterly." - Gaius Julius Caesar.

(Also please don't double post.)

Edited by Velthomer21

The 100 is a somewhat decent study in viewpoints. Especially in the way the narrative follows people such that the viewpoint and the person or people you sympathize with makes 180 turns many times.

Spoiler

Understanding other people is Humanity 101. It is the fucking basis of linguistics and society itself, you person. (It is also how I know such words will offend you and people whose duty it is to admonish me for using such words that accurately convey the regard in which I hold you). Sympathy and empathy are the true cornerstones of human interaction- whether it is with other humans or other species (like pets, for example).

Saying it is impossible to understand other people is willful ignorance. And the antithesis of this whole thread.

*shots fired*

If there's a takeaway from all this is that people can understand what others are going through, and how it can affect them. Except republicans.

They generally only think about how taxes cost them personally rather than how taxes are use to provide services for all. I mean, who needs police or the fire department, amirite? terrible example right? right. Nobody cares if airports and air force runways are near neighborhoods, creating massive amounts of noise at times when people are at home trying to sleep (I mean, public zoning laws are arbitrary and in no way reflect the experiences and desires of individuals outside one's self, right?). Why should we pay employees anyways? It's not like they have their own dreams and necessities. Stab the next human being you come across and see if you can't understand the verbal and visual expressions that happen as a result. Tell me how that goes for you. Tell me the judiciary system exists independently of the human experience.

Don't tell me that it's impossible to understand other people when contrary examples are all around you.

Spoiler

@Maelstrom

I don't think such hostility is warranted here. It seems to me like there's just a miscommunication occurring between the two of you.

It's absolutely true that (most) people are capable of empathizing with others. Learning a little about the people you interact with happens naturally. And, if you become close enough, you can get to know each other very well, too. I agree that it's extremely possible to gain great insights into why people behave the way they do.

I'm not certain Velthomer is denying that, either. If I had to guess based on the context of that quote, I'd say it's referring to complete understanding. I won't say it's impossible, but fully understanding anyone, even yourself, is incredibly difficult. The human mind is wildly complex. So much is rooted in memories, associations, and self-narrative. I've certainly surprised myself plenty of times, and I know I'm not alone in that.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Sirius said:

oh lord. o__o

Hide contents

1, @Velthomer21 pls pls pls pls for the love of god take your quote out of your spoiler and put the rest of your post in the spoiler

x'D im trying so hard

2, @Maelstrom Mael in particular please put your post in a spoiler or hide/delete your post if its not a quote or comforting message or some other relevant media to the topic. While I personally disagreed with Velt's initial quote too and I - like Lia - agree with your point (pretty strongly too tbh, imo its arrogant and dogmatic to regard empathy as an impossibility, in addition to it being close-minded and ignorant^), the hostility in your post seems very unwarranted and unnecessary as you'll already know from your earlier status and if there's some sort of personal issue between you both I recommend taking it up civilly with each other in private messages? I also implore you to edit in an apology to your post if not to Velt then at least openly to others since hostility is also the antithesis of this thread :/ 

Also, like, I've literally no idea where that politics talk came fromeven if its true kek jk. This is what that is for.

On a similar note, not everyone excluding republicans/politicians in the world is empathetic, and that's a character flaw to help someone with, not lash out at them for. Though that's simply my personal opinion and I know there's those that disagree with it.

But yeah. As Evi already said, none of that here of all places please. @Velthomer21 I hope you don't feel too uncomfortable to post here or just speak for yourself in general following this ^ because you are (and anyone is) still welcome here, as always, obviously

lowkey also @Eviora can u pls put your post in a spoiler pls C: no seriously everyone, please do

Most of us are complicated, difficult, scared, confused, ashamed, sad, angry, and more... Just like you.

- unknown

Spoiler

First of all, why would I ever feel uncomfortable to post? Secondly, is it not arrogant to say that you can achieve complete understanding of a person? As if you're calling them simple and easy to understand? As TWEWY puts it, individuals work on their own logic, and the logic of one person may mean nothing to another. To say or even imply that you completely understand anybody, even yourself, entirely is to diminish the complexity involved in their logic, emotions, mental stability, beliefs, looks, opinions, faith, etc. Like the speaker says (still don't want to spoil TWEWY), true and complete understanding is impossible. Thirdly, as you've seen, now using spoilers correctly.

Oh, and @Maelstrom, you're wrong. I'm not offended by anything that you said. It is your right to say it, although I will mention that I found the bit about you immediately assuming my political stance (incorrectly) pretty funny and pretty ironic, considering the basis of the quote you were apparently offended by.

Anyway, let's get back on track.

"You have to be careful about placing labels on good and evil, Seliph. Don't waste your anger on individuals. Instead, focus it on the evil in all of us."

• Like 1