Reborn Support Group™

Spoiler

So me and @BandorKitty were talking and Reborn could really use a PMA thread positive mental attitudes©JackSepticEye . If you find a quote, or a message, or a short story, or even just think of something nice, comforting, supportive or even inspirational and motivational, please share it here for anyone else to see whenever they need it. There's been countless occasions where I myself really could've done with a thread that just contained copious amounts positivity and comforting vibes and pick-me-up messages, and I won't by any means be the only person here who would appreciate such a thread either. Let's try to keep it to just those cute messages though please, or at least put anything more than that in a spoiler (like this) so anyone scrolling here looking for comfort gets just that, and we respond to each others posts through those spoilers. We do already have a Quotes thread, but not a PMA™ okay lemme stop saying that exclusive thread. Bandor has already started posting daily statuses of this sort, and I've been meaning too as well before the idea of this thread arose.

EDIT: idk why I overcomplicated saying all of that. TLDR: This thread is for leaving nice little messages n' posts, quotes, short stories, anything comforting/supportive/inspirational/motivational for anyone who might need to hear it. Let's keep the rest of the contents of our posts spoiler'd, though, so anyone coming through here looking for supportive messages doesn't have to filter through it all themselves

idk if i have the authority to say this but because of how messy the Quotes thread can get, lets just do one quote/message per post pls, which double-posting is okay since its on topic and contributing... but try not to make a habit of its please :D I'll start. This was shared on a Markiplier livestream a little while ago:

"There's a young boy who walks along a beach, and on this beach, hundreds of starfish wash up onshore doomed to dry out and die, but this boy walks along and every time he sees one, he picks it up and throws it back in the ocean, giving it another chance at life. He can't get to all of them but every morning, this child, on his way to wherever he's going, picks up another starfish and tosses it back into the ocean, and he does this everyday for a while. Day by day, walking along the beach, tossing another starfish back in... and one day, an old man - who's been seeing the boy do this - comes up to the boy and asks 'why are you doing this? hundreds and hundreds of starfish wash up on the shore every day, and you can never save them all, why even bother? You're not making a difference'. The boy looked at the man, then look down at the ground to a starfish at his feet, picked it up and tossed it back in the ocean... then said 'it mattered to that one.'"

Hey, you did it! :D

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe that there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.

- Lemony Snicket

Just live your life forgetting the bad stuff. Remember what's truly important, and what's self-inflicted. Just make sure to do good. Done. ~Solviera

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simply, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success." ~Thomas J. Watson

• Like 2

Pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day

- Anon

Spoiler

Yes, this is an actual quote. And yes, I love it :) It has a certain charm to it and it sends a positive message, so why not post it here?

One day it just clicks. You realize what's important and what isn't. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself.

You realize how far you've come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover.

And you SMILE.

You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you've fought to become.

"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Hector Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean 

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams".

By: Dr. Suess

"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time".

By: Herbert Bayard Swope

• Like 1

We wear the mask that grins and lies,

It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,-

This debt we pay to human guile;

With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,

And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,

In counting all our tears and sighs?

Nay, let them only see us, while

We wear the mask.

We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries