[Game Over!] Back to the Basics I: Diffusion of Power

Daniel Blackworth

Abstaining is usually not a good idea as the town gets less information then, albeit at the price of a player. Also, this is a general idea, Dive better not smite me for suggesting this, but a sort of massclaim could be in order tommarow. Normally I am opposed to roleclaim and the scum can easily claim a random thing like Doctor Night XYZ. What I suggest is for all the N1 Cops to tell us what they found on Day2. The cops would be clearer from suspicion and so would the investigated player. Despite that, the mafia could easily claim cop and no one would be the wiser. 

Maybe this plan has flaws I didn’t think of. It was thought of as I typed the post out. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOTE HISTORY 1.1
 1. Sosobean - Newt -> Unvote -> Splargle -> Unvote -> Walpurgis
 2. Paul25 
 3. splargle - Newt -> Unvote -> Sosobean
 4. Walpurgis - LykosHand
 5. Alistair - splargle
 6. Digital Amber 
 7. Newt 
 8. Alaris 
 9. LykosHand - Digital Amber 
10. Martin994CZ 
11. Jace Stormkirk 
12. Venus - Newt
13. Anti_Hero - Digital Amber

VOTE TALLY 1.1
Digital Amber (2) - Anti_Hero, LykosHand
Newt (1) - Venus
Walpurgis (1) - Sosobean
Sosobean (1) - splargle
LykosHand (1) - Walpurgis
splargle (1) - Alistair
Not voted yet (6) - Jace Stormkirk, Martin994CZ, Alaris, Newt, Digital Amber, Paul25

Remember: Three posts are required per day phase. Don't worry, they're not that hard to achieve! ;)

Yeah voting randomly seems like a bad idea at first glance because the chances to lynch town are higher than the chances to lynch scum. But let's think of it that way: if we vote, we do have a chance to shoot scum, and even if we make a mistake, at least we're reducing the list of suspects. If we don't vote on the other hand, we give up our primary means of dealing with the mafia.

Being passive during the day benefits the mafia a lot, because day phases are precisely when the town can do something to find and eliminate scum.

1 minute ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

@Alaris there is also a chance we get mafia but if we do note lynch anyone then there is a 100% chance that a mafia will not get lynched

There is also a 100% chance a townie will not get lynched. There is roughly a 75% probability we hit a townie. On the other hand, the most townies alive, the most likely it is for them to reach the point of the game in which they can use their ability. Especially detectives.

A chance to hit mafia is better then letting the mafia pick us off one by one and be the only group who does anything. If we don’t lynch we lose. A chance to hit a maf is better then letting the maf 100% kill a townie 

Eliminate Psychic Beam Sheep

That breaks the tie.

I have to admit that I don't see the point either. Imagine we kill our N1 detective? Then day two we are as lost as now.

But since the majority seems to be interested in lynching someone I might as well join the fun.