Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Walkthrough Discussion

Friz

Question

Use this thread for any walkthrough related discussion. The walkthrough should now have 100% of everything in the game up to Episode 17.

Want to help improve the walkthrough? It still needs the following things:

- I wrote the walkthrough in such a way, that anyone could copy my Pokemon team and get through the game easily and with very minimal grinding. I would like to have other options, besides my own strategy. If you have solid strategies/teams for the gym battles, or any of the major battles (mainly the Pulse battles, final Aster & Eclipse battle and the 3 battles at Celestinine Cascade), post it here and I will add it to the walkthrough (I may only pick 1).

- Let me know of any typos or errors you find. No matter how small/trivial it seems, post it here.

- Thought of something that would make the walkthrough look better? Let me know here.

Update: Fixed all of the formatting.

Update 2: Finished updating Field Effects.

Update 3: Doing a new playthrough to update shop lists, move tutors, missing Pokemon and removing my notes from the walkthrough.

Update 4: Going to improve the readability and make finding stuff easier.

Update 5: Finished adding a Table of Contents. Now you can go to any part of the walkthrough you want instantly.

Update 6: Will eventually add a "Rewards" section to areas and some other minor improvements.

15 answers to this question

Yeah its complete as far as game progression goes. Think i got probably 95%ish of all the optional stuff. Was getting burned out working on it , so skipped some stuff like shop lists and field effect info in order to just complete it. It took several months and about 3 playthroughs to make sure it was accurate. I thought it would be tough to complete knowing how complex everything is, but it took far longer than I guessed.

Need to format it now, since copy pasting it broke all my spacing.

Amazing work! 

At the start I found it a bit hard to navigate through it and find what I was looking for since there's not much formatting, however that's really minor.

I've got a question though: If I didn't do the Igglybuff-Sidequest pre-restoration (I obviously can't do it post restoration), is there another way to get the luck incense?

(I wouldn't have missed that one had I read your guide at that point)

I've been sick for about a week and still not fully recovered, but I feel okay-ish enough now to update the walkthrough again. I saw the Pokemon Reborn Wiki recently updated their Field Effects to match Episode 17, so I'm just posting a link to their page instead of typing it out. It looks much better on their page, instead of just having it as text.

Next, I'm going to do another playthrough of the game to update all the shop lists, move tutor lists, add the Pokemon I missed and removing all my notes from the Walkthrough. This is going to take a few weeks I imagine. After that, I will make the walkthrough nicer to look at. Better organization and readability (this may need 1 more playthrough for taking screenshots).  I think that will finish it, when all that is done. Always open to suggestions though.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:19 AM, Progfan_r said:

There's one thing I found you've appeared to have missed. After beating Amaria, I got a Choice band from the guy who earlier gives you an Onix after your first badge in Lower Peridot. I found him in the same location where his apartment was (pre-restoration).

Thank you very much for posting this! I had no idea. I added it to the walkthrough. I think it may be related to time of day, weather and gang choice, so I threw that in also (according to RPG Maker).

On 2/18/2018 at 1:20 PM, M4RC said:

Amazing work! 

At the start I found it a bit hard to navigate through it and find what I was looking for since there's not much formatting, however that's really minor.

I've got a question though: If I didn't do the Igglybuff-Sidequest pre-restoration (I obviously can't do it post restoration), is there another way to get the luck incense?

(I wouldn't have missed that one had I read your guide at that point)

Thank you! Understandable that its a bit hard to navigate through currently (WiP). Getting down all the game information is my priority for now and improving the readability will come last. Unfortunately, there is no way to get that Luck Incense anymore. I think the developer will change a few permanently missable items like this in a future episode. For now, you can find an Amulet Coin in the desert as an alternative. If you decide to do a new playthrough, you can use both of them for the effect to stack.

2 thoughts while editing everything so far. I regret putting my Pokemon lists in all caps. Also, its crazy how I've played all the way through this game a dozen times throughout the years and am still discovering new stuff.

15 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

@Friz can you add event pokemon and items we shouldn't release/sell in a spioler roughly where we should find/get them

I notice a lot of people release or sell some event stuff like mrs Linda's igglybuff or the balm mushroom

All that was already in the walkthrough.

Oh, I guess I didn't mention anything about keeping Igglybuff. Not sure why anyone would release a Pokemon though.

Made a small edit to keep it.

35 minutes ago, Friz said:

All that was already in the walkthrough.

Oh, I guess I didn't mention anything about keeping Igglybuff. Not sure why anyone would release a Pokemon though.

Made a small edit to keep it.

Thanks, I know I've recently had to trade ten of them to people tmwho have released or traded it away