Club Visibility

Shamitako

Not sure this is the correct place for this, but it's my best guess. Sorry in advance if I got it wrong.

So clubs exist and that's cool, but they're a bit out of the way. At least for myself. Perhaps I'm alone in this, but generally I browse the forums from the main page and only look into subforums when I see a recent post in a thread that interests me or am I'm planning to post myself.

Right now, club subforums are sequestered in their own tab, away from the main forum, and even on that tab only display the time of their most recent post with no mention of what thread that post was made in. So unless I'm seeking to post something, I'm unlikely to spot posts that have been made.

I think it would be helpful for clubs as a whole if there were something on the main forum page showing the most recent response like for other subforums. Though I don't know how difficult that would be to put together due to high variance by individual.

Though again, I may simply have strange browsing habits.

With Hope,

Lexi

I have a lot of sympathy for this request as I have pretty similar browsing habits to you and therefore mostly forget to go into any clubs. That being said, it is somewhat difficult to add club functionality to the main forum index, as given that they require you to join, different things would have to show up for different people. So its possible that we could add a link to the general clubs page in a similar way to a subforum, but I doubt we could have the most recent post show up (except for possibly the most recent post in an open club).

Edit: Looking back, this answer is not particularly coherently written, but hopefully it communicates the point well enough.

28 minutes ago, mde2001 said:

I have a lot of sympathy for this request as I have pretty similar browsing habits to you

Yay, I'm not weird! (Or we're both weird... Crap.)

As for the rest. I'm certain it's possible. The club tab itself is already individualized and new topics from clubs you're in show up in the topic feed. (EDIT: Come to think of it, new posts probably hit the post feed as well, which suggests the data needed already exists.) And of course the functionality for showing the most recent post in a subforum exists. But as we've both mentioned, it's potentially difficult. I'm not familiar with the forum software so I don't really know, I can only work from its observable functions.