Reborn characters Hurt/Heal (post E17)

Jess

16 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

to justify Serra's fighting style: Ice is not exactly the strongest type in the game. I mean it's about a frail as glass when it comes to resists, so her doing something "un-icy" is not hard to understand. I mean she is one of the hardest gym Leaders you'll have faced at this point in time.

I have some of the greatest memories fighting her. My first play through Scrafty absolutely demolished her. My second, I evolved my Larvesta all the way into a Volcarona and then back down to a usable level just for shits and giggles really. Needless to say I swept her with no resistance. Whenever I missed, rebound off the mirror. Best gym leader there is okay maybe worst, but I had fun

15 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Fern's absolutely one of the more underrated characters, maybe I just like asshole characters more than most people but he's got a lot of potential, especially with his outburst in the mansion.

Criminally underrated. We need to start a Fern fan club.

4 minutes ago, Zarc said:

@Dragoknight well , nice words but... then why " he can burn " ? :D 

Cuz Fern rhymes with burn :P 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Hooligan said:

Because... Titania... Screwed... Amaria...

I'd rather Hardy than Titania, to be honest. Also, something I like is that Hardy is a guitarist, which means he is cool. There are also DJ Arclight and McKrezzy (I don't know who is that guy) as the musicians in Reborn, but Hardy is better in my opinion, because he rocks.

But I don't hate Titania, I just hate what she have done to Amaria. Just the fact I saw Amaria creeper than Jeff the Killer is what makes me think that Amaria is better than Titania.

Also, as I said, Shelly is the best of all of them. But for me, Taka is the third losing to Hardy.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did Titania do to Amaria? Titania saved Amaria from herself. She even admits this to you when you battle her. And throughout the story, Titania acts selflessly towards Amaria.  Could you blame her for wanting to distance herself from Amaria, at least temporarily? Or does she not deserve to act towards her own well being as you seem to put it?

There are a number of reasons to hate Titania, but she did nothing to harm Amaria. She has only helped her.

But otherwise, Shelly is one of the best characters.

20 minutes ago, Zarc said:

YEAH I LOVE FEMALES AND SO WHAT ? 

Good for you man. Good for you. Also nice Zac Efron pic.

Edited by Dragoknight

Huh...

This seems interesting

Cain: 22

Fern: 4

Victoria: 14

Adrienn: 20

Amaria: 21

Aya: 20

Charlotte: 23

Ciel: 20

Corey: 21

Florinia: 22

Hardy: 20

Julia: 20

Kiki: 20

Luna: 22

Noel: 20

Radomus: 15

Samson: 20

Saphira: 18

Serra: 18

Shade: 22

Shelly: 25

Terra: 19

Titania: 14

Anna: 20

DJ Arclight: 18

Bennett: 10

Blake: 20

Cal: 20

El: 21

Heather: 20

Laura: 20

Dr.Sigmund: 15

Taka: 25

ZEL: 21

Sirius: 18

Solaris: 21

Lin: 17

Reasoning

ZEL is my favorite member of Team Meteor

Mainly because I loved seeing the three of them interact and I liked the scene where they're going crazy being teleported by the Abra

Also they do actually care for each other, even Zero though he usually hides it, but it becomes obvious after the three are seperated

And Saphira is my least favorite character in the entire game

Even out ranking Fern

I don't like her because I'm fairly certain she's killed more people than anyone else in the game

She just kills Meteor grunts because they sided with Meteor

This annoys me mainly due to the fact that there are several motives for someone joining Meteor

There are the ones who believe that Meteor is actually doing good (Aster)

The ones who think Meteor will actually win and don't want to be on the losing side (Fern)

The ones who are using Meteor as a means to an end (Sigmund)

And then there are the ones who are in Meteor in hopes of protecting their family (Eclipse)

But Saphia doesn't care

I'm wouldn't be surprised if she tries to kill you at some point

I also hate Titania for the same reason, but the difference is she actually develops the slightest hint of a conscience

Sure it's after killing 20 grunts, but at least she has one.

1 minute ago, Hooligan said:

But I mean, Amaria saw that Titania doesn't want to be her girlfriend, only friend, and this made Amaria think about suicide. That's how Amaria went down in the Waterfall. Titania wanted to help her, but she didn't know she was hurting Amy in a psychologic way.

I do suppose the way Titania went about things may have been overall detrimental to Amaria (really, just leaving that diary on the counter for all to see?) despite meaning well. I can't really blame her for doing something she thought was right at the time but actually wasn't, but I see your point.

Radomus: 13

Shade: 22

Taka: 26

Victoria: 12

Shade: 23

Amaria better than Titania? Have any of you played E17? 

Can I suggest a rule that you can't post more than once without hurting/healing because this thread is getting too overcrowded with non relevant posts. I mean there's like 11 between two hurts/heals at the top of this page. People should still be allowed to argue and engage in flame wars but keep it down to 1 post in between hurts/heals please.

Anyways,

Luna: 23

Bennett: 8

2 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Can I suggest a rule that you can't post more than once without hurting/healing because this thread is getting too overcrowded with non relevant posts. I mean there's like 11 between two hurts/heals at the top of this page. People should still be allowed to argue and engage in flame wars but keep it down to 1 post in between hurts/heals please.

Anyways,

That's not really a great idea, as that will heavily limit the number of discussions that can happen since we are only allowed to hurt and heal once each day.

Cain: 23

Fern: 2

1 hour ago, Gheist said:

Anyways,

I don't really see the point of that. The whole reason this Hurt n Heal exists is to have fun and at the same time show our appreciation to the characters of Reborn. I'm all for not having discussions here derail into something else, but as long as a discussion pertains to the characters of Reborn and it is not directly stopping anyone from enjoying the Hurt n Heal, I see no reason to try and inhibit it.

I wouldn't call civil discussions about which characters you like and dislike "flame wars", I think everything's really well composed here. And if something comes about that bothers someone, then we can address the issue.

Just remember, we're all here to have fun. This is the Onyx Arcade, and Arcades are places we're people tend to wind down, right? So please, do enjoy yourself here~

Although I kind of see where y'all are coming from about Victoria, no WAY is she going down before some IMO more evil characters

Victoria: 13

Sirius: 16

Hurt Charlotte. Am I at your level now, arrogant biatch?

Charlotte: 21

Sirius: 16

Cain: 24

Charlotte: 21

Sirius: 14

I really don't get all this love for Taka.~

6 hours ago, Dragoknight said:

I don't really see the point of that. The whole reason this Hurt n Heal exists is to have fun and at the same time show our appreciation to the characters of Reborn. I'm all for not having discussions here derail into something else, but as long as a discussion pertains to the characters of Reborn and it is not directly stopping anyone from enjoying the Hurt n Heal, I see no reason to try and inhibit it.

I wouldn't call civil discussions about which characters you like and dislike "flame wars", I think everything's really well composed here. And if something comes about that bothers someone, then we can address the issue.

Just remember, we're all here to have fun. This is the Onyx Arcade, and Arcades are places we're people tend to wind down, right? So please, do enjoy yourself here~

I'm pretty sure we had such a rule last time one of these threads was going on and that's because you'd end up with pages of no hurts/heals so you'd have trouble finding where the last one even is. I don't even care what the discussions are about, I'm mostly worried about the game being buried in non relevant posts (meaning posts not participating in the game).

My post was more directed at @Jess to add the new rule rather than asking everyone to just follow it. If not, so be it. It was a suggestion and we'll see whether the thread derails or not without it.

As for the flame wars, I'm not talking about what's been going on so far since obviously people are mostly hurting widely disliked characters. Just wait until it narrows down and someone hurts Luna or a character someone else likes. That's when the salt starts. I think you're misunderstanding what the game is about if you think the point isn't for people to turn against each other and eventually hurt/support characters just out of spite because their favourite is dead. I don't think there will be much fun having or appreciation showing then.

Well I'm sure some will find fun in that.