AenaonDusky

[Updated v3.7.0]Pokemon Postscriptum: Fated Epistle - Episode 3

You know what. This sounds like fun! I''m giving it a go.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Busti said:

You know what. This sounds like fun! I''m giving it a go.

Being a rocket scientist living on a "spaceship", I'm sure you'll find some things interesting. ;)

Enjoy the game!

Edited by AenaonDusky
typos n' stuff

I'll probably give it a try in the next few days. Since I'm doing so anyways, and I'm way too curious for my own good when it comes to these games, I wouldn't mind helping test along the way.

Oh man, this music. It's all kinds of hilarious! I don't even have my pokemon yet and I'm already crying with laughter!

15 minutes ago, krim said:

I'll probably give it a try in the next few days. Since I'm doing so anyways, and I'm way too curious for my own good when it comes to these games, I wouldn't mind helping test along the way.

Hired, as long as you take your signature into account... because it matters in this game. you'll see :)

17 minutes ago, Busti said:

Oh man, this music. It's all kinds of hilarious! I don't even have my pokemon yet and I'm already crying with laughter!

Is it a good kind of music or a bad kind of music? :P

Someone just met the Boss, I see... Well.. err... good luck on your new chores job. Or do you prefer slaving away being a certain Bartender's cabin boy?

I'm not really one to dive into games in their early development, but I will say you intrigue me. I'll keep an eye on this one if it reaches later stages.

I must say, this is one powerful game, narrative-wise. I'd call it a more serious Legends of the Arena.

(I am also a sort of development adviser for this game, and it's only because I recognized this game as having such incredible promise when it was first put up on the Pokecommunity forums. You're going to have to go into this game with an open mind, though - the pacing and start is sort of a trial by fire. Best advice I can give you? You should explore the abandoned university thoroughly, even after the initial quest... You might find something that will help you tremendously.)

When I click the download link it brings me back to the original post and it's really frustrating, I had to copy the link text to download the game. Is that intentional? Because if it is that would be interesting (or maybe it's not intentional and I'm just looking too much into it, meta games made me distrust everything). 

3 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

When I click the download link it brings me back to the original post and it's really frustrating, I had to copy the link text to download the game. Is that intentional? Because if it is that would be interesting (or maybe it's not intentional and I'm just looking too much into it, meta games made me distrust everything). 

Oh hell, that's... Most definitely not intended, what the heck.

Here you go.

https://mega.nz/#!dOAkGKRQ!6ZxkZsnyNkG9BuD5ClwdQeOhF_itTwLIO7zEfIXlYOI

• Like 1

I have the same problem as walpurgis. With the second link the same..

Nevermind, I see it's fixed now ;)

Edited by Sayia

1 minute ago, Sayia said:

Huh. Weird forum glitch? Maybe try reloading, the one in my post seems to be working fine now (it was acting wonky when I first posted it).

I'm just past the intro but +10 points because relatable. This looks promising so far, I think I'll enjoy it. My only complaint is: I'm a compulsive saver so I need I would appreciate an autosave button like the one Reborn has (I developed the habit of pressing the D button every few minutes and I feel very silly when I press it and nothing happens).

I don't know why but I have a very good feeling about this game.

I'm not sure if this is the place for this 

but some minor error

Spoiler

i can walk on table

image.png.1c3e5c8e5eec968f2fedc543df9cf350.png

Unless I'm mistaken it should be spelled exercise not excersize

image.png.0838c5d776d0ba826b649993a18157d0.png

On a side note, this game has fantastic music

Edit: What is the latest version? The one I'm playing was downloaded at pokesommunity some time ago

Edit2 : Ignore what i said mine is definitely an old version. Going to download the newer one

Edited by sosobean
more errors

20 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm not really one to dive into games in their early development, but I will say you intrigue me. I'll keep an eye on this one if it reaches later stages.

Commander, sir, with all due respect sir, you're probably missing out sir. There's almost 11 hours of content, sir. It could practically be a standalone game, no shady dlc tactics included.

You will contribute to this game by playing it, sir; this game needs your assistance to move forward, sir. Private Dusky, over and out.

p.s. you probably won't regret it. (Besides, the poor citizens need your help... NPCs have needs too! - you cruel being)

15 hours ago, Sayia said:

Nevermind, I see it's fixed now ;)

I've no idea what happened, link works fine. I tried removing some "------"s in the download spoiler, also some spaces. Anyway, now it's ok.

15 hours ago, Alilatias said:

I must say, this is one powerful game, narrative-wise. I'd call it a more serious Legends of the Arena.

(I am also a sort of development adviser for this game, and it's only because I recognized this game as having such incredible promise when it was first put up on the Pokecommunity forums. You're going to have to go into this game with an open mind, though - the pacing and start is sort of a trial by fire. Best advice I can give you? You should explore the abandoned university thoroughly, even after the initial quest... You might find something that will help you tremendously.)

Hey Ali, had you not commented on Pokecommunity, the game would never be in a truly playable state. I suppose you've grown tired of hearing "thank you" by now... :P

13 hours ago, walpurgis said:

I'm just past the intro but +10 points because relatable. This looks promising so far, I think I'll enjoy it. My only complaint is: I'm a compulsive saver so I need I would appreciate an autosave button like the one Reborn has (I developed the habit of pressing the D button every few minutes and I feel very silly when I press it and nothing happens).

I don't know why but I have a very good feeling about this game.

This was a thing once, but was removed shortly after. The game didn't have as good progression as now, so it actually was counter-intuitive (made you compulsively save where you didn't want to). We are actually looking to implement it again. What we also should implement is many save files. Thanks for your input!

13 hours ago, sosobean said:

I'm not sure if this is the place for this 

but some minor error

Reveal hidden contents

i can walk on table

image.png.1c3e5c8e5eec968f2fedc543df9cf350.png

Unless I'm mistaken it should be spelled exercise not excersize

image.png.0838c5d776d0ba826b649993a18157d0.png

On a side note, this game has fantastic music

Edit: What is the latest version? The one I'm playing was downloaded at pokesommunity some time ago

Edit2 : Ignore what i said mine is definitely an old version. Going to download the newer one

Sorry, it's our fault too cause of the outdated screenshots.... Gonna update them. Also, thank you for your kind words regarding the music.

That exercise word is the bane of our existence. I've no idea why we always seem to write it in the strangest way.

Edited by AenaonDusky
errorz
  • Like 1

Courier... Courier? Could it be some Fallout New Vegas inspiration I'm smelling?? or perhaps a mere coincidence...

Anyhow the premise is appealing and judging by the screenshots I dig the tone and humor. I'm a bit busy with other stuff for now but I'll check this out later. Wishing you smooth and satisfying development!

13 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Courier... Courier? Could it be some Fallout New Vegas inspiration I'm smelling?? or perhaps a mere coincidence...

Anyhow the premise is appealing and judging by the screenshots I dig the tone and humor. I'm a bit busy with other stuff for now but I'll check this out later. Wishing you smooth and satisfying development!

Thank you very much for your kind words.

F:NV is a huge inspiration, in ways you would expect the least. The Courier theme is indeed based on that, but the meanings are quite different.

Bro you've just joined the community and you already started making a fan game wow you're awesome :)

2 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Bro you've just joined the community and you already started making a fan game wow you're awesome :)

Hey, you are awesome!

We've been making this for a while, especially the base game. Who's we? Who knows....?

The most time-consuming part is (hopefully) over. How about you? You've got a game of your own? Want me to write some music for it?

My style is more traditional RPG-ish wannabe copy-paste medieval-ish turned jazz cause of this stinky game called P.S...

Heyz.  It's a pretty weird feeling talking with an entity that is composed of many people, and speaks as many people, but i will get used to it, since it will be like talking with a claydol, which is a pokemon i adore.

At this moment I am downloading this, because your OP had that effect on me. An effect of  "this might be it. something that will break out of the cliche-shell not through flashy  features, but setting and story alone".

---------------------

You asked for any contribution.  The only contribution i have at this extremely early point are just some opinions.   

First one, when i first read about lack of technology, i had hoped that you had found a way to make this world work without pokeballs.  Pity, but not much.

Second one, are the type changes.   There had been  quite some discussions in reborn's discord about how to balance some types a bit. 

My own opinion on that had settled on  Ice being additionally resistant to>>   water (duh),   poison (because many of organic and inorganic poisonous causes have a hard time propagating in cold),  normal+flying (because ice is one of the three "solid" types alongside  rock and steel, in my book. if it wasn't then fighting being super effective on it should make no sense).

I would have grass stop being weak to poison,  and poison to stop resisting grass.  

To compensate poison for both of the above, I would make it super effective against water (contamination)  and  fighting (reference to using poison to sabotage matches)

I would have rock drop its ground weakness. Rock and ground are not that different on an elemental level to have such a relationship. 

Fairy should just be not very effective against bugs, and bugs hit fairy for super effective. This would also help the terrible bug type a lot.  And it should just resist dragon instead of being outright immune to it.   I don't really understand your  not very effective against rocks view  but i'm interested.  

These are just my logical views on the matter,  that would also (i think?) balance the type chart a little.  Take whatever u want.  Maybe (possibly) none of it.  I was just happy to find a foothold to share my views, since you did the first step on  this already.

Oh look at this, download is complete.  Digging-

5 hours ago, AenaonDusky said:

Hey, you are awesome!

We've been making this for a while, especially the base game. Who's we? Who knows....?

The most time-consuming part is (hopefully) over. How about you? You've got a game of your own? Want me to write some music for it?

My style is more traditional RPG-ish wannabe copy-paste medieval-ish turned jazz cause of this stinky game called P.S...

Nah, i don't have talents on making games i just play them ahahaa 

3 hours ago, DemICE said:

Heyz.  It's a pretty weird feeling talking with an entity that is composed of many people, and speaks as many people, but i will get used to it, since it will be like talking with a claydol, which is a pokemon i adore.

At this moment I am downloading this, because your OP had that effect on me. An effect of  "this might be it. something that will break out of the cliche-shell not through flashy  features, but setting and story alone".

---------------------

You asked for any contribution.  The only contribution i have at this extremely early point are just some opinions.   

First one, when i first read about lack of technology, i had hoped that you had found a way to make this world work without pokeballs.  Pity, but not much.

Second one, are the type changes.   There had been  quite some discussions in reborn's discord about how to balance some types a bit. 

My own opinion on that had settled on  Ice being additionally resistant to>>   water (duh),   poison (because many of organic and inorganic poisonous causes have a hard time propagating in cold),  normal+flying (because ice is one of the three "solid" types alongside  rock and steel, in my book. if it wasn't then fighting being super effective on it should make no sense).

I would have grass stop being weak to poison,  and poison to stop resisting grass.  

To compensate poison for both of the above, I would make it super effective against water (contamination)  and  fighting (reference to using poison to sabotage matches)

I would have rock drop its ground weakness. Rock and ground are not that different on an elemental level to have such a relationship. 

Fairy should just be not very effective against bugs, and bugs hit fairy for super effective. This would also help the terrible bug type a lot.  And it should just resist dragon instead of being outright immune to it.   I don't really understand your  not very effective against rocks view  but i'm interested.  

These are just my logical views on the matter,  that would also (i think?) balance the type chart a little.  Take whatever u want.  Maybe (possibly) none of it.  I was just happy to find a foothold to share my views, since you did the first step on  this already.

Oh look at this, download is complete.  Digging-

Haha, now that you've mentioned Claydol.... I remember all the rage when I was using that as an orb trickster/spinner.... fun times....

"Breaking out of the cliche-shell not through flash features, but setting and story alone"  is one of the aims of this game, so I guess you won't be disappointed in that regard (I hope)

Now, regarding lack of technology, implementing a befriending system for instance would be nice, but then the importance of a capturing device such as  a Pokeball would be diminished. Think of it like this:

Why on earth would pokeballs be invented had there been no need for their usage? The device's predecessor, Kurts re-purposed  berry, wouldn't be a thing either. And people "catching"  Pokemon like that

wouldn't be.... beneficial to certain figures in the city, who want these things - how they're referring to Pokemon-  for themselves.

Now, you've got some really interesting ideas on rebalancing types from a logical point of view. But these things have to be tested thoroughly in order to really measure their impact and balancing potential.

At the moment, the team doesn't have the time nor the resources to spend on doing something like that. These nice gameplay things will be implemented if the story mandates it - but if one is

willing to help, hey, be our guest. It is just that the team cannot focus on this too (mostly because it requires more than rigorous continuous mass-testing). Fairy not being effective against rock for instance,

is purely a balancing suggestion rather than a quest to find scientific balance in way things work in the Pokemon world. But if it is scientific views that you wish to explore, please have patience,

and you will find certain things in the game that will be quite interesting to you...

By all means, voice all your opinions, and don't stop doing it; a game is nothing without its players, for a game is a letter, serving as a communication mediator between the developers and the players.

Our design philosophy stems from the fact that the player's input and enjoyment is the reason for a game to exist in the first place.

All that being said, I am confident that you'll appreciate some things in the game even more, seeing as you hail from a certain place that constitutes more than the inspiration behind this game.

3 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Nah, i don't have talents on making games i just play them ahahaa 

Hey, no games exist without players playing them, you know! You are doing more than you think you are ;)

Edited by AenaonDusky
typo hunting season

Hi, loving the game so far! but I have a question. I have the smelly parcel and did the events in the university, but I can't find a way to progress through the story. Where do I go from there?

On 1/23/2018 at 8:37 PM, Norm said:

Hi, loving the game so far! but I have a question. I have the smelly parcel and did the events in the university, but I can't find a way to progress through the story. Where do I go from there?

Yeah, that's something we haven't found a good way to address yet.

Spoiler

You have to talk to four specific NPCs in this order: (All are located in Southern Artemesia)

- A man near the encampment in the southeast area, talking about having a ticket to freedom

- A man to the northeast near the encampment there, talking about telling a password of sorts to a police officer

- The police officer directly north of the previous person

- Someone in the apartment directly to the left of the gateway that leads to Central Artemesia (western portion). This person is located in the bottom left room.