Follower Pokemon for E17

Personthing

Hey dunno if you know this but when I first entered the orphanage, I got eternally stuck in there because Anna couldn't reach the MC due to the following Pokémon getting in the way. Fortunately I had a recent backup save, so all es ok but just giving a heads up :)

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Hey dunno if you know this but when I first entered the orphanage, I got eternally stuck in there because Anna couldn't reach the MC due to the following Pokémon getting in the way. Fortunately I had a recent backup save, so all es ok but just giving a heads up :)

That happened to me aswell. Even disabling the followers at the center beforehand did nothing and the only current way around it is to indeed clear that part of the game using an unmodded save file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, Dartu-san said:

That happened to me aswell. Even disabling the followers at the center beforehand did nothing and the only current way around it is to indeed clear that part of the game using an unmodded save file.

Shoot, I'll get on this ASAP. Can you guys send me saves so that I can recreate this?

35 minutes ago, Personthing said:

How'd you save mid cutscene? Do you have any back ups from right before you went in the orphanage, would make it a tad easier to work with.

Idk, when I was stuck I tried many things (like pressing A to change the follower) and I also happened to save right then lol

But I somehow happened to find exactly what you needed :D

Game.rxdata

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 3:49 PM, Personthing said:

Everyone, download this map file, and place it into the "data" folder, that will fix the issue.

Map181.rxdata

Would you please add this to the main post? because it actually took me a bit to find this after i encountered the bug.

9 hours ago, kalzone678 said:

Would you please add this to the main post? because it actually took me a bit to find this after i encountered the bug.

It is at the bottom of the main post.

I'd suggest putting it a bit higher, though. And possibly in a color that makes it stand out more.

I downloaded this and when I opened it, it kept telling me that the file is corrupted or Unexpected end of archive. And it only shows the Audio folder instead when I click on the 'Followers for E17' folder. What to do? 

Edited by Bella the Eevee ~

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 6:22 AM, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

I downloaded this and when I opened it, it kept telling me that the file is corrupted or Unexpected end of archive. And it only shows the Audio folder instead when I click on the 'Followers for E17' folder. What to do? 

The file is corrupted, re-download it.

6 hours ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

I actually did that, and it kept telling me the same thing.

Your firewall/antivirus might be affecting the download. You may want to temporarily turn it off then try downloading it before turning it back on.

• 1 month later...

Hi! So I've been using this mod - however, I've run into a snag. I just got the badge of Ciel, and it seems like it prevents you from flying - you can poke at my save file here if you want to test it. It gives me a "Sorry, new badge required for this" message.

Edited by Firnagzen

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to ask if this was going to be updated to E18 anytime soon, since it just released.

Otherwise I was gonna work on getting this updated.

EDIT:: Okay maybe not, there is a lot more to this than I realized... I'll look into it at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded this file and since it is a .rar and not a .rb it's not working or at least I think that may be why? If i am supposed to somehow extract the follower rom, I do not know how and I really want to have my pokemon follow me it's such a nice feature. Can someone help me figure out how to get the mod to work?

8 hours ago, Artifices said:

Hi, I downloaded this file and since it is a .rar and not a .rb it's not working or at least I think that may be why? If i am supposed to somehow extract the follower rom, I do not know how and I really want to have my pokemon follow me it's such a nice feature. Can someone help me figure out how to get the mod to work?

.rar files are archives like the .zip files; they have to be extracted if you want to use their contents.
I'd suggest using 7zip to extract this.

After you've extracted it, you'll get a full game folder - it's its own Reborn version, doesn't require the unmodded Reborn and is not compatible with Episode 18 (at least until it gets updated).

On 2/4/2018 at 1:52 PM, keltena said:

Thanks so much for updating this! I'd really missed this mod; it makes the game feel so much more personal. ♥ Now I'm gonna have to walk around all the new areas and see what my pokémon have to say about them...

I noticed a small typo in one of the messages while playing. Here's a screenshot, for reference:

Hide contents

liIe0jf.png

EDIT: The graphics files in the mod also seem to have a different background image for the forest field than the main game does, somehow. o: I'm not really sure how that happened, but thought I'd mention it just so you know.

EDIT x2: Whoops, sorry I keep adding things to this post. >_> Last one, I promise! I took another look, and it looks like a number of graphics files are different from the current E17 release. Specifically, I noticed that the small pokémon sprites in the menu seem to be different for most pokémon. Possibly there are other things like this too, but if so I haven't noticed. Here's a comparison to show what I mean:

Reveal hidden contents

1g5LrdZ.pngPsqugjz.png

First screencap is from the follower mod, second is from vanilla E17

"Our" battle cry sounds like you're part of a team, just remove the a from there