Help with Lapis Gym please

Ladrillomagico

Hi, i really enjoy this game, but i'm in trouble, i just hit a metaphoric wall in the story as i try to beat the gym leader of Lapis Gym, she has bug-type pokemons, and she is very though

the problem is that, because of me losing several times against her, i do not have money

I have the following pokemons captured:

woobat

pancham

pidove

mankey

makuhita

electrike

loudred

eevee

koffing

yungoos

stufful

beedril

scatterbug

sewadle

trubbish

morelull

growlithe

oddish

weepingbell

arbok

ledian

stunky

mareep

grimer

lillipup

pichu

riolu (i got it trough wonder trade)

glameow

onix

happiny

carnivine

phanpy

doduo

fletching

spearow

seel

vanillite

pidgeotto

hypno

numel

cricketune

swirlix

burmy

ponyta

aron

fearow

marshtomp

litleo

magcargo

pachirisu

Please, i can level up the pokemons that i already have, but i have almost no pokeballs to catch new ones, i need to beat the gym leader

i can provide more details, if someone want to trade i can do it

and, if you are wondering; i'm in team aqua

7 minutes ago, Ladrillomagico said:

Hi, i really enjoy this game, but i'm in trouble, i just hit a metaphoric wall in the story as i try to beat the gym leader of Lapis Gym, she has bug-type pokemons, and she is very though

the problem is that, because of me losing several times against her, i do not have money

I have the following pokemons captured:

woobat

pancham

pidove

mankey

makuhita

electrike

loudred

eevee

koffing

yungoos

stufful

beedril

scatterbug

sewadle

trubbish

morelull

growlithe

oddish

weepingbell

arbok

ledian

stunky

mareep

grimer

lillipup

pichu

riolu (i got it trough wonder trade)

glameow

onix

happiny

carnivine

phanpy

doduo

fletching

spearow

seel

vanillite

pidgeotto

hypno

numel

cricketune

swirlix

burmy

ponyta

aron

fearow

marshtomp

litleo

magcargo

pachirisu

Please, i can level up the pokemons that i already have, but i have almost no pokeballs to catch new ones, i need to beat the gym leader

i can provide more details, if someone want to trade i can do it

and, if you are wondering; i'm in team aqua

Setting the field on fire tends to really be advantage against her, moves like Flame Burst can do such, pairing up someone who can maintain sunlight or bring it in order to power up your fire attacks also helps otherwise some form of fast support to protect growlithe or other flame burst or similar users to set the field on fire Vanillite using moves like Icy Wind is an option to slow them down and deal damages while the field burns

I agree that setting the field on fire is one of the best strategies against shelly, but you'll have to be careful because her illumise has prankster and it will set rain before you can move avoiding the field to catch fire, so you'll have to get rid of it to be able to carry on with this strategy. She also has an araquanid that won't fall to the fire type attacks and will use rain dance making her field go back to normal, so try to have a pokemon with a strong rock or flying type attack ready to deal with that.

well, i will try to level up and evolve my aron, start with pachirisu and aron (Evolved) to get rid of illumise and masquerain, (And that trilobite pokemon that it's annoiying as hell) with aron, maybe then i can have a chance against her

P.D: thanks to the rain, i now have a pansage and another numel for free!

honestly what really sets her up as a tough opponent is she uses prankster to destabilise your advantages you can try on her and weaken your team while also using struggle bug for STAB damage and a drop in your sp atk, you might also opt for Onix who can have a surprising amount of speed and learns Rock Slide lvl 34 for that double attack STAB physical with super effective, go for Sturdy just in case and you might fare well not to mention that Stealth Rock he can set up for super effective entry hazard on her @Ladrillomagico

Just forgot the idea to set the field on fire, i had trouble to do so in my fire monotype, she has 2 pokemon with rain dance, and the rain just bring the field back to normal again.

a lot of the pokemon have a x4 weakness to rock, so aron is a lead. Also their are traines in the grand hall that you can fight without limit, which will provide you some money. To catch a graveler is another lead.

But 3 of her pokemon have water move, strong against rock, so you have to play smartly. Also bring lvl 35 mons

I DID IT!!!

It took a freaking lot of attempts and visits to the nurse joy, but i finally did it

i started with my pachirisu and my fearow, used charge beam and aerial ace to kill masquerain in the first turn, then i focused my attention in illumise with pachirisu when anorith apeared, i thought that i could do mirror move with fearow to anorith but him killed my fearow with its rock slide, then i used my lairon's rock slide to defeat both illumise and anorith when an aqua jet killed pachirisu

i let my swampernt go (Yeah, him evolved) but that yanmega killed him with giga drain, then him died because of lairon's rock slide and aquaracnid was weakened

then, a bubble beam killed my lairon and i had only my ponita and my magcargo (I had a micro-infart a couple of times cause magcargo is overleveled and doesn't follow my orders) with magcargo i did rock slide (I had to wait several turns until that lazy dude did it) and my ponyta used stomp several times against aquaracnid, so if magcargo don't obey me that spider may flinch, when i finally killed aquaracnid, i focused my attacks in the other bug and him was erased of the map

Thanks to everyone for the advisements and help, i love how active is this community and how helpfull this was!