Do you have a signature Pokemon ?

Treecko was the first Pokemon I ever used so it's pretty special. I really like Grovyle's design and he's the best character in one of my favourite games, the Explorer games in the Mystery Dungeon series. Absol has always been one of my favourites as well, its mega evolution is even better. I skipped the 5th generation main games when they came out and almost lost interest in Pokemon. I later realized what a silly decision that was, I like a lot of gen 5 pokemon, especially Larvesta. Then I saw Froakie teased as a starter for X and Y. As someone who likes frogs this caught my interest. Right when I saw Greninja it singlehandedly got me back into the games and not too much later I found Showdown. Greninja just has such a fun playstyle, not only hitting hard on coverage moves, but it also can use Protean defensively eg. setting up Spikes on an Electric move or using Shadow Sneak into a predicted Mach Punch. It rewards correct prediction heavily and can surprise opponents with its vast array of moves.

5 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Close but no cigar. Pretty sure that comes from @Swimming95. He's the entire squirtle squad all in one person.

I'm just the dude with the torkoal interrogating irredeemable reprobates. ;P

Now that I think about it, iirc there actually is another trainer in Reborn who uses turtle Pokemon: a Youngster in Obsidia alleyway.

• 1 month later...

I usually tend to use pokemon which are bulky in all aspects, exceptions being gardevoir, lucario and blaziken. But, when I can't think straight, my team will contain Venusaur, Swampert and Gardevoir. These three are hit machines, all in their own styles.

I can't really say I have a signature pokémon, since i tend to use whatever i can in that specific game, but if I had to associate myself with one, I'd pretty much say Zangoose or NIdoking. Yup.

Nidoking was what I may call "my first love", since it was the one that helped me (as a Nidoran) pass Brock's gym in pokemon Yellow, thanks to his Double Kick. I started to like him ever since. As for Zangoose...dunno, i just like him. I still haven't gotten one on Reborn, but I will, indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My signature pokemon would most likely be leafeon! I loved it ever since gen 4. It was really fun taking it to the battle tower and beating Tycoon with it. Up to now it's still my favorite pokemon. It might have its flaws like its trash special defense and a limited movepool but its awesome at what it does 🙂 And come on, how can someone not like this?

image.png.1976f8e1dfcd42441302a6b98bd38d12.png

Nidoking as a ground type which translates to Garchomp 90% of the time. Gyarados as a water type if nothing good is available.

Rest all team members are whomever I feel like I've not used in a long time.

Blaziken, Definitely Blaziken ... i remember my first pokemon game is Ruby and i immedietly pick Torchic because it was soo cute~ and when it evolve into Blaziken i was like Holy crap that is awesome . And then in generation six i was like Double holy sh*t Mega Blaziken is so badass with its speed boost ability so everytime i play a pokemon game / Fan game i always have a blaziken in my party if its available....  you can definitely expect me to use one in pokemon showdown Blaziken for LIFE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I can consider it my signature Pokemon. However, I simply love Altaria so much. I have never used it in any fangame duo to Rejuv/Reborn being really hard. However, I always used it in my runs in DS/3DS games.

36d.jpg