Do you have a signature Pokemon ?

3 minutes ago, seki108 said:

In any mainline Pokemon game I've ever played, I had to be restricted to what was available in-game, since I had no one to trade with.  I guess that's less of an issue nowadays, but I've only played up to Gen 3 until I got back into Pokemon and played Gen 5 on emulator.

Since getting into romhacks and fangames, I've tried to always use different mons (since I had 2 and later 3 gens of Pokemon I hadn't played before----now 4 gens). 

The one thing that seems to get on my team when possible (or hacking it in on B/ B2) is a Ralts to get Gardevoir, black hole creator.  I guess this could be 'signature' Pokemon material, though I rarely use them nowadays since I used it a good bit in the past.  I at least have one ready to battle in most cases.  (I had a Gardevoir avatar in the past, which is in my signature)

I hear you :)

cbb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Don't have a signature mon yet. However in every (not all) pokemon game including fan games, my one priority is there always must be a water type or a mon with water type moves. This beauty seems to always take the spot. My favorite water type.

Spoiler

13f6b8d6e235c342573f83983a548e34.jpg

Edited by Maqqy

1 minute ago, Maqqy said:

Don't have a signature mon yet. However in every (not all) pokemon game including fan games, my one priority is there always must be a water type or a mon with water type moves. This beauty seems to always take the spot. My favorite water type.

Hide contents

13f6b8d6e235c342573f83983a548e34.jpg

Ah~

My kind of Pokemon,training her was a pain in the ass back in the days~

I member.

Originally mine was the fabled Gyarados, back before anyone realized how stupid broken it was. Now it is Arcanine. Having intimidate as well as a solid move pool made it really good in Reborn. Not to mention it is a good pick in doubles for those reasons. Arcanine was even on my VGC team back when I played competitive pokemon. And honestly I don't feel slimey where as Gyarados made me want to take a bath after a playing session.

4 minutes ago, Magus said:

Originally mine was the fabled Gyarados, back before anyone realized how stupid broken it was. Now it is Arcanine. Having intimidate as well as a solid move pool made it really good in Reborn. Not to mention it is a good pick in doubles for those reasons. Arcanine was even on my VGC team back when I played competitive pokemon. And honestly I don't feel slimey where as Gyarados made me want to take a bath after a playing session.

It's beautiful creature indeed~

But  it's stat spread is too weird and  its movepool is too limited that is why it is hard to put it to good use in a game like reborn imo.Perfect in doubles indeed tho.

Design wise ?

One of the best pokemon ever created ~

I go by Altariaknight occasionally, so take a guess.

I'm not even really sure why I like it as much as I do, but it overtook Darkrai as my favorite pokemon a few years ago. Currently running through all the games in succession to get every ribbon possible on one (battle tower in gen 4 makes me sad).

For me..... i also don't have a signature mon.

I'm a guy who rotates my team a lot. The rotation will depend on who/what i'm going to face on my runs. But in many fights of all of my runs, i guess Blaziken, Swampert and Haxorus are pretty reliable, due to Blaziken and Haxorus are speedy enough to outspeed most of the enemy's mons, and my Swampert's moveset + 252 EV on attack saves me a lot.

Well, I know that it’s just from this episode, but I really love Silver, my Silvally. I also love how Cobalt, my Metagross, is a pseudo legendary like Solaris’ Garchomp and Lin’s Hydreigon.

Talking about the main series, it’s often Gallade that I almost always end up getting :)

687.png

Gardevoir. As someone who used to play Monotype while playing fairy, I have grown to love this mon. I already loved it a lot before but after I started it reach heights that just can't be beaten any time soon. Why monotype and Gardevoir go hand in hand is pretty simple: fairy needs a poison check. "But why not Tapu Lele?". Cuz lele is banned (as it should be)

14 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

@Wolfox Now that you mentioned Monotype, I remember using Assault Vest Snorlax. Definitely not the best choice, but nevertheless I had lots of fun. That feeling when Mega Pidgeot's Hurricane deals like 13% damage.

I would say toss that set into a volcano. but I remember that Normal has even bulkier options and is allowed to use both (for some godforsaken reason)

I always play Pokemon games while having a specific character for the protagonist. So signature Pokemon are always different on every playthrough. For my time-travelling protagonist, I have a Beautifly for them. Normally though, for myself, I have both Gengar and Clefable as signature Pokemon.

I don't always choose it as a starter because I like to try different mons, but if I had to choose a signature pokemon it probably would be Serperior and Araquanid would be a close second.

I like Serperior for all the nobility surrounding it (its majestic appearance, its behavior) and also for how good it can perform in battle (if you spent enough time and effort to raise it, it isn't really that good until it gets leaf storm at a high level). I also like its typing, even if it isn't the best I love grass type, and design. 

I like Araquanid because as a person who has an irrational fear of spiders and aquatic creatures in general it just makes a lot of sense loving a giant aquatic spider. But aside from that I like its typing, cool design and I love its pokedex entry in pokemon moon: "Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble" , it's just so sweet. 

Meet Viva Aldia, my Sawsbuck. She's glad to meet you in her winter "clothing"!

Regardless of the game I play, Sawsbuck will be in the squad, unless the run is defined in a way that it doesn't fit in. I adore this Pokemon...

mebukijika_by_hellcorpceo-d5qaebk.thumb.jpg.abae0a4e653df5db37486a5236096510.jpg

• Veterans

In Reborn/Rejuvenation?

Spoiler

arcanine_by_tsaoshin-d5zhybu.png

The -perfect- Pokemon in those games. Amazing stats, amazing abilities, comes with Close Combat from the get go to deal with it's rock weakness, has access to field changing moves in Heat Wave and Flame Burst, priority in Extreme Speed, raw damage in Flare Blitz. It has it all!

Also looks fucking majestic.

• Upvote 1

I'll probably get a lot of hate for this:

Spoiler

landing_by_kori7hatsumine-d8kllk9.png

It is my favorite pokemon of all time, ever since my childhood days with old Pokemon cards and watching the Pokemon's Series.

In every run and in every game possible, I'll always pick it.

Without it I doubt I was even interested in Pokemon that much in the first place.

Edited by Sheik