Reborn Mafia AMA Gauntlet

Daniel Blackworth

@LykosHand

How much do you like sleep?
I like sleep, but I'm usually unwilling to sleep a large number of hours because I'd prefer to do something productive in times like that. It's kinda like a complicated feeling with how I love sleep but am not really willing to sacrifice my time to do other more important things to me. That's kinda why I take the time to sleep when I ride on transportational vehicles or when I have nothing to do or have no access to the things I want to do.

Have you ever taken a plane? If yes, where did you go when you took a plane for the first time?
Yes. I've travelled by plane both overseas and domestically. I think the first time I took a plane was around when I was still a toddler, but I believe I went to a provincial area of the Philippines with my family to visit our relatives. I usually enjoy riding airplanes because it makes me feel a different sensation up there, unlike other modes of transportation.

Do you prefer sea or mountain?
I'm not really a big fan of either as I'm not really an outdoors person, but if I were to pick between the two, I'd pick the mountain. It's harrowing to traverse a mountain especially when you're aiming for the summit but I think it's fun overall, especially when you consider the view from above and the experience you're gonna have. 

Which is your favorite country? Have you ever been there?

My favorite country has to be Japan. It used to be the US of A, but nowadays, I am more of a fan of Japan after reading a LOT of different manga showing the diverse and unique culture of Japan. I've not been there, but the first chance I get, I'll definitely go there. A lot of the things I love are there and it's definitely worth staying there for an unspecified amount of time in the future.

@Meteor Admin Divergent

Might as well ask a few critical questions to Dive.

Do you perhaps happen to have a hobby? If so, I'd be curious to know that. 

Usually, what do you do in your spare time?

Which one would you prefer among these: Tea or coffee?

When and how did you came to know about this interesting Mafia games?

@Paul25

Do you perhaps happen to have a hobby? If so, I'd be curious to know that. 

My hobby is reading. I love reading most of anything. I like fiction novels, manga, educational materials, and other works that may be interesting to me. It's fun to read actually and it's good to have more information from these kinds of material as literature and text reflect the society of its time.

Usually, what do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time, I play mafia in both Reborn Forums and Pokecommunity, read manga and books, and do some relaxing. At some points, I listen to music while I do these things, though sometimes, I listen to music when I'm studying for something.

Which one would you prefer among these: Tea or coffee?

I actually drink neither. I do drink iced tea, however, I don't think it's really 'tea'. I'm not a fan of the eccentricity of tea while I'm not a fan of the bitter taste of coffee.

When and how did you came to know about this interesting Mafia games?

I came to know about Mafia games in late May of 2017. That time I happened to be browsing on Pokecommunity and happened to notice a mysterious section called the Underground. I was curious about its description because it showed that this was a section of betrayal, deceit, and lies, so I checked it and read up on some of the games. I became interested so much so that I researched about Mafia, played a bit on an online site called Epicmafia, and hosted a game here after two days of experience. And the rest is as how you know it.

@Venus

What was the idea behind your username? (Divergent)

In around September 2014 I think, I saw the movie Divergent during the Intramurals event in my school. It's a good movie portraying a dystopian society where people are sorted based on one common foundation of their personality. This society was created based on the leaders' thoughts on the reasons why violence exists. Some said it was due to ignorance while others said it was due to greed while others said deceit, fear, and aggression. Due to this, a society was created based on attacking these reasons, but in truth, it was far from perfect. That's where the conflict lies. Anyways, I liked the concept of the Divergent, who were the oddities who had a normal personality with its own flaws and weaknesses. I liked the movie's plot, so much so that I read the series when I had the time and this inspired me to use the name when I came up with a username.

How did you discover Pokemon?

I think the more appropriate word for my experience with Pokemon is learning of it as I saw the anime early on as a child. I was a huge fan of Pokemon and collected cards when I was a kid but only then when I was in 3rd grade that I learned of the existence of Pokemon games. In 4th grade, I started playing the older games and as I grew up, Pokemon slowly became a part of my life and being.

What's your favorite sport?

I'm hardly a fan of any physical sports because I have no skills to really back it up nor is my body really built for it. However, when I was in 1st grade, I was oriented to a mental sport called Scrabble. It was difficult at first, but slowly, I grew to love it due to my interest in the competitive side of it and my interest in words as a whole. It's the one sport I've consistently played from my elementary years and I still play it now even in my high school years. I've been to national competitions for Scrabble before, but I haven't really been inclined to try the international stage even though I might be capable of doing it if I actually tried.

5 days have passed since the beginning of Meteor Admin Divergent's AMA session... meaning we're back to voting phase! 

Many thanks to Dive for answering all these questions~

Now, it is again time to decide who the next questionee is going to be! You all have 48h to vote for 3 members. The member with the highest number of votes will hold an AMA for 5 days.

While we're at it, my choices for this second round are:

1. Amine

2. Lykos

3. Anti

Guest Sparkin'

1. Alistair - An interesting fellow. How about him being the candidate this time?

2. Lykos - I think there's a lot that I'd like to learn from you

3. Amine - The coincidences need to be explained

Well well, votes have been flying in all directions... and the results are:

Alistair: 5

Amine: 3

Lykos: 3

Anti: 3

Venus: 3

Castiel: 2

Newt: 2

Purplecicada: 1

ECT: 1

Cataline: 1

(seriously what's up with the 4-way tie for the second place?)

Aaaaanyhow looks like I'm next. I'll follow up with an intro post later today, and after that you'll have 5 days to ask me questions~

Beautiiiies and Gentlebeautiiiies, welcome to...

*obnoxious and cliché drumroll*

Alistair's AMA session! *clapclapclap*

Now is the time for you to ask me all the questions you want! Please have many of them coming at me~ jk pls don't ask me many questions, that'll be less work for me

But before that, as per our holy traditions, have a little self-introduction written by yours truly.

My name is Alistair (Ali for many of you adorable folks) and I'm one of your most excellent server admins and club moderators. I think it's the third time I formally introduce myself on this forum...? The second time was in that "Meet the vets" thread some months ago, and the first time was in the Grand Hall, back in April 2016. I was lurking around the place a bit before that though; as early as October 2015 (that was over 2 years ago hory shet time flies). Anyhow I hadn't really been part of any active, online community before Reborn. I randomly found the game then quickly discovered there was a whole community behind it, and that's how I arrived here! I wasn't really involved at first, and I went on a semi-hiatus during the first half of 2017, before coming back around late June and finding this wonderful little mafia group! I've been so glad to be part of it and see it grow into what it is today. Now, I think it's safe to say that I'm here to stay~

... What, you mean that I should talk more about me on a personal level? Ugh, fiiiine. I'm a 23 years old Frenchie boi who just obtained his college degree and is now proud to be a useless NEET! Or until I find a job, at least. Which may or may not be a process I'm super enthusiastic about? The world may never know.

During my spare time I like to play vidya games, read, watch gaming videos on YT, listen to some kewl music and occasionally watch an anime/series. I'm generally a pretty open and easy-going person, although I do fret over trivial things more often than I'd like, and I can sometimes let stuff get to me. I'm rather quiet and shy irl, somewhat lacking confidence, and I prefer a small circle of friends or the comfort of my home over going out for heavy socializing duties. That said, I'm really happy to be a member of this small mafia community because it provided me with a place full of nice people to talk to, and I think I kinda needed that. I try to be interested in as many things and people as possible, and if I feel comfortable enough around someone, I'll talk to them about pretty much anything~

By the way... I think it's now your turn to do the talking! P-please just be gentle, senpai >.<"

• Upvote 1

What are you doing right now? (besides answering this)
Why did you choose your current username?
Why did you choose (or get chosen for you) your current avatar?
What do you like about your town? (and where is that?)
What’s important to you right now?

What do you see in yourself when you look in the mirror?
What attributes do you most value in others?
If you had enough time and money to hold a massive party, what would it be like?
What is your love language?
Would you ever try to get hypnotized?

Apparently today is National Cuddle Up Day. With that said, if you had the choice to cuddle up with anybody in the world, who would it be?

Favorite

Mafia role and/or alignment?
Moment in a mafia and/or with the reborn community in general?
Book?
Video Game?
Movie?
TV Show?
Music style?
Food style?
Flower?
Quote?
Mythological character/creature?

• Like 1

Guest Sparkin'

Français? J'adore

Can't take it easy on this one:

1. What's your favorite music genre?

2. If you had a superpower, which would it be?

3. If you had to choose between hanging out with friends on a party or videogames, which would it be?

4. Other than Reborn, what are your other favorite games?

5. And lastly, what's your kind of girl?

Guest Sparkin'

Also, what if you wake up in the morning and find a blue box right by your bed, you can tell at first sight that it's highly advanced technology. There's a little touch panel on the center, you touch it and a red pill comes out, followed by a recording of an old man's voice. The voice explains that after you swallow the pill, you'll have superpowers, actual superpowers, like super strength, teleportation, invisibility, all of them. However, there's a catch; once you swallow the pill, every song you listen to, will be replaced by 'Justin Bieber - Baby'. 

When you go to a concert to see your favorite band all you'll ever hear is "baby baby baby ooooh", you hop on dubtrack to chill with the guys and you'll hear 'Baby', when you sing in the bathroom you'll hear is 'Baby', every youtube videoclip will be replaced by 'Baby'. 

Will you take the pill?

@Alisae

What are you doing right now? (besides answering this) I'm just done wrapping up the fancy Christmas decorations and storing them back in the attic.
Why did you choose your current username? Alistair is just the Scottish variant of my actual first name. And I like it~
Why did you choose (or get chosen for you) your current avatar? I had kept the same one for a while and wanted a change, so I picked my favorite character from SAO, Konno Yuuki. No guarantee I'll keep her for long though; I'm picky when it comes to avatars.
What do you like about your town? (and where is that?) My town is a relatively small village about 40km north of Paris... there's not much to say or like about it, but at least it's quiet.
What’s important to you right now? The people I care about and their well-being.

What do you see in yourself when you look in the mirror? A rather ordinary guy with messy black hair and a slightly tired face.
What attributes do you most value in others? Loyalty, honesty, kindness, respect.
If you had enough time and money to hold a massive party, what would it be like? I think it would be set in a big, convoluted Victorian manor. There would be many areas for all tastes: a big ball room to drink, dance and have fun, comfortable lounges with relaxing music to chill and enjoy nice conversations, and some private rooms for more intimate stuff ;)
What is your love language? I didn't know about this at all, so I took the test. Apparently I have a rather even split of Physical Touch (8), Words of Affirmation (8), Acts of Service (7) and Quality Time (6). Only Receiving Gifts is far behind (1).
Would you ever try to get hypnotized? nope.

Apparently today is National Cuddle Up Day. With that said, if you had the choice to cuddle up with anybody in the world, who would it be? Not telling :3€

Favorite

Mafia role and/or alignment? There are many cool roles I haven't played... I'd like to try a Jester role. And as far as alignment goes, I generally prefer being town but I've had fun as both town and mafia.
Moment in a mafia and/or with the reborn community in general? That's a bit cheesy but I'd say now. I'm happy with our little community and I'm eager to spend a lot more time with you all.
Book? That's a tough one. Maybe a French dystopian book called Rien ne nous survivra (nothing will survive us), by Maia Mazaurette. It's about the armed conflict between the Young (under 25) and the Old (25 and above) in a ruined Paris, and the rivalry between 2 young snipers, Silence and the Immortal. Not even that well-written, but it's been an important read for me, somehow.
Video Game? FF6 is up there, Undertale too, Reborn too, Dark Souls 3 too... picking one is too hard
Movie? I really like Once Upon a Time in the West, Miyazaki's movies, the Ghost in the Shell movies (animated, not the live-action), the LotR trilogy and many more...
TV Show? Wow... idk. Maybe GoT?
Music style? I have eclectic tastes. I can enjoy anything ranging from electro to hard rock to heavy metal to anime and game OST... but again I'm rather picky~
Food style? Italian food and junk food kek
Flower? O.O I'm not really interested in flowers lol. Maybe red roses.
Quote? Not fond of quotes wielded as pre-made wisdom, but good ol' Abe Lincoln has written or said a few that I like a lot. Notably: "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." Simplicity is what works best sometimes.
Mythological character/creature? the succubus *wink wink nudge nudge*

Answers to all of you guys' questions coming in a later post. I just wanted to tackle Alisae's questions first because there's a whole bunch of them xD

• Upvote 1

@Dark Rogue enjoy your phone crashing kek

Favorite animes? FMAB, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Gosick

Favorite games? FF6, Undertale, Dark Souls 3, Reborn

Favorite pokemons? Ow. Choosing only a few is always difficult. Atm I'd say Clawitzer, Metagross, Lilligant, Gardevoir, Nidoking, Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Sandslash... and many others... lol

Favorite gen? Probably gen 3

Favorite series? GoT

favorite favorites? bruh

@Venus

1. What's your favorite music genre? I like various stuff, mostly hard rock, metal, games music, sometimes electro...

2. If you had a superpower, which would it be? Ha, that's always a tough question. So many possibilities. However, I'd like to have a power that allows me to instantly punish the worst inhuman scum on earth. Like serial murderers, rapists, child abusers, animal abusers... Basically I'd like to have some kind of Death Note, haha. But with more flexibility than just killing people.

3. If you had to choose between hanging out with friends on a party or videogames, which would it be? Hmm... depends on my mood I guess? But most of the time I'd pick video games, let's be honest xD

4. Other than Reborn, what are your other favorite games? aw pls guys have mercy, that's the 3rd time I answer this already... FF6, Undertale, Dark Souls 3

5. And lastly, what's your kind of girl? simply someone kind and cuddly who would like and accept me as I am.

Will you take the pill? Unyuuuu... I like music. Giving up on it is rough. But the array of superpowers would let me do sooooo many things, I think it would be worth it. I'd take the pill.

When you were a kid, what was your hobby? I was a huuuge sucker for anything Star Wars related. Collecting and playing with action figures, playing video games, reading SW magazines... Loved it so much.

@Candy chocolate mousse :P

@DigitalAmber Taurus, and I'd probably want to live in the US