What're YOU listening to?~

NoGoodBoyo

AKA a reason for me to post more often.

The Decemberists - Think About Me (Fleetwood Mac cover)

Moo-Cow Edit: To prevent further lag issues, try putting all of the MP3s/Videos in Spoilers so it won't lag as much. Lagging is bad, it makes Yaya Frown. :c Thank you. -Cowtao [10/1/2014]

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Bear didn't move this topic back. D:

:mellow:

Well I'm going to double post, whatever. (mainly so Bear notices)

Today I decided my life has recently been devoid of tales of international espionage, people being eaten by whales, and youth sports, so I have of had The Decemberists' album Picaresque on repeat. My favorite. My love.

And also this song by YMCK. Which I also remembered existed.

The Decemberists'

But O my love though our bodies may be parted

Though our skin may not touch skin

Look for me with the sun-bright sparrow

I will come on the breath of the wind

^ My favourite song from the Decemberists.

-keeps singing away-

What's interesting, is that I was going to be doing a duet with my friend who happened to stab me in the back. So. Yay. >.>

You are totally winning the prize Kitty. (I loves Yankee Bayonet, even if it's not my favorite)

In fact, I've been listening to The Bends by Radiohead (and it's amazing b-sides, Talk Show Host <3) all day because of you.

You are totally winning the prize Kitty. (I loves Yankee Bayonet, even if it's not my favorite)

In fact, I've been listening to The Bends by Radiohead (and it's amazing b-sides, Talk Show Host <3) all day because of you.

Sorry! I can't help it! I can't help that you're falling in looooooooove with a kitty. You sick creeper. xD j/k. ily. <3

Coincidentally, I'm listening to Creep by Radiohead. >.< It came on the radio, earlier and I wanted to listen to it again.

I've never understood why Creep is so popular. I GUESS it's probably one of the most accessible of their songs. But I never felt like it was anywhere near as good as Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Street Spirit (Fade Out), A Wolf At The Door, Idioteque, Optimistic, Knives Out, Pyramid Song, 2+2=5, There There, Talk Show Host, Fake Plastic Trees, Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, and (probably my favorite) How to Disappear Completely.

But I do like it. And it's certainly a stand out of Pablo Honey. (although that's not very hard when you compare that album to any of the others, it's so weak.) It just saddens me that such a great band is massively celebrated for such a minor song in their repertoire, that really doesn't represent the band whatsoever.

How to disappear Completely and Fake Plastic Trees are my favorite Radiohead songs. Although Hearing Damage is quickly taking third.

Even though I just realized out of pressing the "post" button that Hearing Damage is a solo song. But it's still great nonetheless.

The only bad thing about Hearing Damage is the album it's on.

Argh. Twilight ruins everything.

I recently discovered that The Smith's Rubber Ring runs right into Asleep. And oh my god I loves it, so beautiful, especially Asleep. sigh~

They play a Stars' cover of Asleep at work sometimes, and it just utterly memorizes me and makes me utterly depressed. Not a good tool for productivity.

^ I'd have sex with that woman.

Right now:

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Argh, I love this song. I have so badly (re)fallen in love with this band after The Suburbs had finally clicked in my mind and their recent live Youtube performance from Madison Square Garden with Terry Gilliam. I think it took me a while to really like The Suburbs...just because it's not what I really wanted from the band, I wanted more Funeral. More No Cars Go and Wake Up, less Month of May and Modern Man. But whatever. The Suburbs is fantastic. I think the band realizes they may never make a masterpiece like Funeral, and don't care to try and do it. Radiohead seemingly does the same thing. They'll probably never make another OK Computer or Kid A, but hell, Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows are still good in their own right.

I've also been listening to a lot of James Mercer stuff (Broken Bells and The Shins). Because, I swear, Starbucks just plays the same songs over and over again. It's mostly all Shins and Broken Bells, spots of Spoon, Elliott Smith's Waltz #2, and sometimes Belle and Sebastian, Vampire Weekend, or Modest Mouse. But it's rare to not hear James Mercer's voice when I'm out front doing stuff during work. Not an extremely bad thing...

and since I started that rant, the song has changed to:

The Mountain Goats - The Mess Inside

And I know no one cares about my rants, other than me. But whatever.