From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Jess said:

So, I'm not the only person who makes jokes based on things I have experienced by myself and then wondering why I am laughing on my own... It's good to know that another being like me exists, Candy! :D 

Bro Jess it has come to my attention that you and I prolly are alike in quite a number of ways xD

Hey, uh, just recently started following this. Just want to say, I think this story is great. Like, amazing great! I really enjoy reading about Vanilla's journey, with all her ups and downs. Can't wait to see how she does at Apophyl!

You know, I was planning on doing something similar with a mono-type/themed play through of my own, and now I think I have a good idea of what I want to do! although I'm not sure mine will be half as good as yours

4 hours ago, Jess said:
5 hours ago, Candy said:

Fun fact which ain't fun except for me: The 'Mrs. Peters' in the opening dialogue is brought from a novella I wrote called "Under the Mask". She was a caretaker for a girl who was known as the Northern Ghost. So in my mind everything fits under the spook theme... but only I know my inside jokes xD

So, I'm not the only person who makes jokes based on things I have experienced by myself and then wondering why I am laughing on my own... It's good to know that another being like me exists, Candy! :D

Oh I am totally the same way! I usually try to make a funny joke most times I'm given the chance, but I usually wind up making something that few people other than myself would get, and then wind up laughing at my own joke! I probably wind up looking pretty weird, but what can I say, I'm my own best comedian! :D 

21 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Hey, uh, just recently started following this. Just want to say, I think this story is great. Like, amazing great! I really enjoy reading about Vanilla's journey, with all her ups and downs. Can't wait to see how she does at Apophyl!

You know, I was planning on doing something similar with a mono-type/themed play through of my own, and now I think I have a good idea of what I want to do! although I'm not sure mine will be half as good as yours

Oh I am totally the same way! I usually try to make a funny joke most times I'm given the chance, but I usually wind up making something that few people other than myself would get, and then wind up laughing at my own joke! I probably wind up looking pretty weird, but what can I say, I'm my own best comedian! :D 

Thanks for reading~ :D I'm writing Vanilla in Apophyll right as we speak, but oh if it isn't hard! Hard because 1. I've never lost someone that precious to me, 2. Vanilla's personality isn't very like mine and she's much more complex than any of my previous characters/OCs. Sometimes I don't even know what she's thinking lol Anyhow, sounds cool, the more story-driven playthrus the merrier! I think Wolfox was doing one (which he hasn't updated in a while boo), Q-Jei is doing one with Flannery and of course Jess is doing the same kind with Gundham Tanaka but in Rejuvenation :P Es all fun reads~

I'm both my own best comedian... and everyone's favorite candy comedian~ ;) jk

3 hours ago, Candy said:

Thanks for reading~ :D I'm writing Vanilla in Apophyll right as we speak, but oh if it isn't hard! Hard because 1. I've never lost someone that precious to me, 2. Vanilla's personality isn't very like mine and she's much more complex than any of my previous characters/OCs. Sometimes I don't even know what she's thinking lol Anyhow, sounds cool, the more story-driven playthrus the merrier! I think Wolfox was doing one (which he hasn't updated in a while boo), Q-Jei is doing one with Flannery and of course Jess is doing the same kind with Gundham Tanaka but in Rejuvenation :P Es all fun reads~

I'm both my own best comedian... and everyone's favorite candy comedian~ ;) jk

I was writing Gundham in Amethyst Cave, so I didn't have time to reply till now :D 

I do like Vanilla. I think she's really a lot like the character I'm using at the moment (Gundham). They both have a self-created personna they project to the others and a much softer interior, with more feelings and all. They just camouflage their soft spots as supernatural powers or indifference and coldness/apathy. It's quite interesting to see them react and try to get in their shoes...

Mine isn't nearly as good as yours, but thanks for the praise :D 

• Upvote 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 19tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

I sped through the filthy waters of Azurine Lake on Amaria’s boat. On the way to Apophyll, I passed by an island, surprisingly full of vegetation regardless of the deteriorating waters.

“If I remember correctly, Apophyll has a large beach, so I don’t think that’s it,” I said to myself and kept going south west. Eventually, I could see the beach, and allowed the boat to speed down as it docked on the sand.

Apophyll academy was close to the beach, but also pretty much surrounded by hills and volcanoes of various sizes. Why anyone would make a school close to the looming danger, I could never understand, but asking questions was not why I had come there.

I went into the school, and asking around a little, found Victoria together with a middle-aged lady in a room.

“Hello Vanilla,” Victoria greeted me. “I thought I’d find you here before me, but I guess I finished my business in Reborn City earlier than expected.”

“Hello,” I said.

“Kiki, this is Vanilla. She’s the one I told you about earlier. Vanilla, this is Kiki, the director of Apophyll Academy and our sensei.”

Kiki bowed her head, and I nodded in silence.

“I hear you need the HM for Strength,” Kiki said with a raspy voice. “I was discussing with Victoria how to go about this, as the HM is usually reserved for the graduates of this academy.”

Vsau2Kp.png

“Cut the crap and just give me the HM. I have also come to challenge you to a Gym battle. Once you do both of that, I’ll be off my way,” I said.

“Vanilla? I think you’re not feeling well today, are you?” Victoria asked with surprise both in her voice and face.

Funny how she didn’t say I looked ‘pale’, for I would’ve argued that I look pale everyday.

“I am perfectly fine,” I said.

“I cannot give the HM to you until you demonstrate to me that you can wield it,” Kiki explained. “For, one must be able to control one’s inner strength before they attain worldly one.”

I was getting exasperated. At any moment I was going to grab the woman by the collar and coerce her to give me the damn disk, but I knew that would be “counter-intuitive” as Florinia had put it. Instead, I took a deep breath and asked.

“What do you want me to do?”

“We could start by giving you a task,” Kiki said and coughed a few times. “... Excuse me. As I was saying, on the top of Pyrous mountain, you will find one of my newest yet finest students.”

“Could you be talking about-” Victoria started, but Kiki placed a palm in front of her face.

“He has gone there to meditate. If you can defeat him in battle, I will grant you the opportunity to battle and receive the badge from me.”

I said nothing more and stormed out of the room.

“Vanilla,” I heard Victoria calling me.

She stopped me when I had just exited the academy.

“Vanilla, I note you strange,” she said. “I also noticed that your pachirisu isn’t with you. May I ask what happened?”

I turned to face her.

“What do you mean strange? I’m my usual self.”

“You may be cold but never outright disrespectful or agitated. Let me know what troubles you so I can help,” Victoria insisted.

I felt embarrassed about being so easily read. How could I fool my enemies, if I can't even do my allies?

“If you will shut up, I will tell you,” I sighed. “Pikachu is dead.”

Victoria widened her eyes and opened her mouth, but I raised a finger and held it in front of her lips, almost but not touching.

“Now, go back in. I’ll return in no time.”

Pyrous mountain? It should be called more like Pyrous volcano. The inside of the mountain was barely breathable with all the steam and heat produced by the lava. I carefully walked around the lava, through some narrow passages that had evidently been crafted so people could pass, but not taking safety into consideration.

I put my hair up into a ponytail and walked forward. Some parts, especially the stairs, had melted away, so I had to use my muscles to climb up the damp walls. Luckily, I managed to contain my balance whenever my hand or feet slipped.

When I first arrived to the ashen beach, I had felt it warm close to being hot. Now, when I exited the mountain near the top, I felt cold because of how high my body temperature had risen and because of the sweat covering all of my skin.

As I had been told by Kiki, her apprentice was on the top of the mountain, looking down to the direction of Apophyll Academy. I could not tell whether the lava or the guy’s hair were brighter red.

hFQLrPc.png

“You, Apophyll student,” I called. “I’ve come to challenge you to a battle.”

The redhead seemed lost as to who was calling him at first, but then turned around and saw me standing right behind him.

“Was it Kiki who sent you here?” he asked.

“Yes. She will only grant me a Gym battle if I defeat you first.”

The guy sighed.

“Fine. I will battle you,” he said. “If you will first help me meditate.”

If I said I didn’t have an urge to push the man off the cliff at that moment, it would be a lie. Does he have a working pair of eyes? Does he not see that I’m not the type of person that would make a good meditating companion?

The guy must’ve read my mind, because he elaborated on his statement.

“What I mean is, if you will hear me out. I came here to learn to control my anger, but now I am realizing that if it is only about meditating about those things by myself, I didn’t even have to come all the way to Pyrous mountain to do it. I think talking to a stranger who has no reason to give me sweet talk would help me achieve that purpose.”

“If you’ll not battle me until I hear your story, then start talking already,” I said.

The guy looked at me for a while in silence, and seemed to want to say something but ultimately decided against it. Instead, he started talking about what was weighing his mind.

“All my life until now has been spent with me trying to surpass my brother,” he said. “I dyed my hair red so we could look different. I chose to train fire type pokemon to counter his ice pokemon. I also became a Gym leader because he was one. Lame, I know.”

“I don’t have brothers, so I can’t help you,” I shrugged. “Will we have our battle now?”

The guy looked at me with disgust painted on his face, but carried on talking like nothing was amiss.

“Now, I have to confess that this obsession made me do things I will never stop regretting. One of those things was how I treated my friend, Shelly.”

XI4BJCe.png

The mention of shy girl’s name picked my attention.

“From the looks of it, you know her too. Shy, isn’t she? Easily scared, isn’t she? I may be to blame, for hurting her.”

For a moment, Shelly’s voice came to my mind. That was when we were back at the orphanage trying to rescue her friend, and I had asked why she seemed uncomfortable when I was around.

“O-oh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry it came off t-that way. Um, it’s nothing personal actually. It’s j-just that you remind me of someone else.”

Didn’t she mention his eyes? That both our eyes were hollow as if light had faded all together from them?

I grabbed the guy by the collar.

“Is she your friend too? I won’t blame you if you want to throw me off the cliff now,” he said and closed his eyes.

His countenance took me off guard, and I weakened my grip on him when he asked me the question.

“She’s an acquaintance,” I explained. “Even then, the thought that she could’ve been a different person today…”

The guy nodded without opening his eyes. I let him go.

“As long as she remains friends with Heather, she’ll also be pursued,” I said, facing away from the red guy. “She will have to overcome her fears.”

“Will you be the one to help her?”

I widened my eyes, shocked at my own mind. Pikachu’s bleeding body flashed in front of my eyes. Wolfie’s dying smile flashed in front of my eyes.

I laughed quietly.

“No, I won’t. After all, the only one who can help her is herself,” I said, turning around. “Now, enough talk. Are you ready for battle or not?”

ZCdqtS1.png

Spoiler

“I see,” the guy said after the battle. “So my fire is extinguished after all.”

“Whatever. I’ll be going to Kiki now,” I said, returning Aladdin to his pokeball.

“Vanilla, right?” he asked. This is when I remembered we had not exchanged names.

“How do you know my name?”

The guy smiled but not in my direction.

“You might not know it, but your name is becoming well-known. Aren’t you one of the group leading the fight against Team Meteor?”

I shrugged.

“I’m Cal. Before you go, I’d like to tell you something Kiki told me when I just arrived to the Academy.”

“Be quick,” I said, lowering my body so Pikachu could climb up… I froze on the spot. Then I shook my head sideways and stood back up.

“Fire is a beautiful dancer, but let it play as it wishes and it will turn a whole forest into coal.”

I left, and Cal’s words sunk into the depths of my mind, never to be recalled.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Kiki: 4/10 makes me waste time unnecessarily, and she doesn't look like the type of person I like anyway.
  • Cal: 2/10 hurt a little girl, that's reason enough to hate him.
  • I hate everybody. Do we even need this section anymore?

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Yes we do need it! Haha. Anyways, loved this Episode. I thought you made a mistake near the ending there but... That part was pretty... It was tearful. :'( But still, you just seem to keep improving. Can't wait to see what happens next. :)

It was hard writing this, since I felt it was an important chapter (last episode, Vanilla wasn't the protagonist, and in this one she regains the role after the passing of Pikachu). I don't even know if I was able to portray her inner turmoil well haha

And that last part... gotcha ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Candy said:

It was hard writing this, since I felt it was an important chapter (last episode, Vanilla wasn't the protagonist, and in this one she regains the role after the passing of Pikachu). I don't even know if I was able to portray her inner turmoil well haha

And that last part... gotcha ;)

Well I mean I bought it. :P Haha.

1 hour ago, Candy said:
Spoiler
  • I hate everybody. Do we even need this section anymore?

No Vanilla, we need to know how much you hate each individual in 'everyone' especially when we can make tsundere jokes about the people you "hate less"

I know it was supposed to be a moment to show more of Vanilla's morals/boundaries, but I couldn't stop thinking how cute it was that she somewhat came to Shelly's defense reflexively  (in a way)   You like Shelly, don't you Vanilla (I'm not meaning in a shippy way---this time):

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140312225545

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, seki108 said:

No Vanilla, we need to know how much you hate each individual in everyone especially when we can make tsundere jokes about the people you "hate less"

I know it was supposed to be a moment to show more of Vanilla's morals/boundaries, but I couldn't stop thinking how cute it was that she somewhat came to Shelly's defense reflexively  (in a way)   You like Shelly, don't you Vanilla (I'm not meaning in a shippy way---this time):

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20140312225545

Vanilla's turning into the over-protective neechan? Only time will tell... or at least when she's rejoined with Shelly :P

There is no person that wouldn't love Shelly.

1) She loves Bugs.

2) She fights her weaknesses and cares for her friends.

3) She is maturing through every event. Not just "being present", like others.

Pikachu's passing is still taking a toll on me. I do have one question though... Vanilla's bubblegum dress... Is it the same one she tore to use as bandage for Pikachu?

Or she got it repaired/changed to help her forget? 

Don't ask me why I'm asking... I tend to overanalyse  things to the detail...

20 minutes ago, Jess said:

There is no person that wouldn't love Shelly.

1) She loves Bugs.

2) She fights her weaknesses and cares for her friends.

3) She is maturing through every event. Not just "being present", like others.

Pikachu's passing is still taking a toll on me. I do have one question though... Vanilla's bubblegum dress... Is it the same one she tore to use as bandage for Pikachu?

Or she got it repaired/changed to help her forget? 

Don't ask me why I'm asking... I tend to overanalyse  things to the detail...

No, it's a fair question- the way I designed this dress is that it's something you receive as a baby. Then you go stretching it as you grow older. By magic of a fairy godmother, the dress can be stretched infinitely, and as such what happened here is that Vanilla tore off the blood stains, washed the dress, and mended the hem she tore by stretching it again.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Candy said:

No, it's a fair question- the way I designed this dress is that it's something you receive as a baby. Then you go stretching it as you grow older. By magic of a fairy godmother, the dress can be stretched infinitely, and as such what happened here is that Vanilla tore off the blood stains, washed the dress, and mended the hem she tore by stretching it again.

Ohhhh, this is quite interesting! Thanks for the reply!

Spoiler

But my imagination is still insatiable. Did Vanilla keep the blood-stained bubblegum fabric she tore maybe? Had I been Vanilla, I'd knead it like a chewn bubblegum, shape it as a heart, add some other fairy godmother-oriented magic substance to make it solid and wear it as a necklace...

25 minutes ago, Jess said:

Ohhhh, this is quite interesting! Thanks for the reply!

Hide contents

But my imagination is still insatiable. Did Vanilla keep the blood-stained bubblegum fabric she tore maybe? Had I been Vanilla, I'd knead it like a chewn bubblegum, shape it as a heart, add some other fairy godmother-oriented magic substance to make it solid and wear it as a necklace...

Haha! Well she likely just left the bloodied pieces together with the owner of the blood... that is, in Pikachu's grave

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 20tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

When I returned to Apophyll Academy, I encountered Kiki coughing like her lungs were drowning.

q06d1wL.png

“So you have beaten my student?” Kiki asked me once her fit of coughing had subsided.

“Yes.”

Kiki looked at me, perhaps to search for anything that could indicate I was lying, but then nodded in silence.

“Fine. Come meet me outside. We shall have our battle.”

Kiki started walking with a slower pace than I would have expected from a woman who probably didn’t reach her sixties yet. I checked Victoria, who had been listening to our short conversation, but was sitting and looking absentmindedly at the wall. Since she said nothing, I exited Kiki’s - I assume Academy director’s - office. I was ready to kick ass.

“Vanilla,” the expected but late call from Victoria arrived when I was just about to exit into the sandy field. “Listen, while you were out, Kiki showed me around the Academy, telling me how to run things here.”

“And why do I care?” I was confused.

“Kiki is dying,” she sighed with visible despair. “She’s been sick for months, but she’s tried her hardest to hide it from everyone.”

h7Toa5U.png

“That is unfortunate,” I said with perhaps surprising honesty. “I hope her last days aren’t difficult.”

“Me too,” Victoria trailed off.

“If that’s all, I’ll be going.”

“Wait,” the girl stopped me once more.

“What is it this time?”

“What I was trying to get at is, I don’t feel good about fighting her like this,” she said, and quickly ran around me to block the exit.

“Victoria, move out of my way,” I said, but Victoria shook her head sideways.

“We’ll convince her to give us the machine some other way,” she said, with tears building up in her eyes. “But battling takes too much a toll on her. I can’t let you do it.”

“Kiki’s wish isn’t to live her last days like a living vegetable,” I pointed out. “She will be mad with you if she finds out you’re doing this.”

“I don’t care. I know what’s best for her.”

“Listen, not only do I need the machine, I also need her badge. I’m not going to waste my time waiting for the reserve fighting-type leader to be up when Kiki passes away.”

“Vanilla, please.”

“No pleases. I’m in a sore mood, and you’re only making it worse. Now move out of the way before I make you regret it.”

I grabbed her wrist and held it tightly. Victoria flung her arm back and forth, but I would not let go.

“You think you can defeat me on a physical match?” she asked.

“Perhaps you’re taller than me and have more muscle mass,” I said. “But I’m fast. I was trained to beat my opponent, whether that person is male or female, larger or smaller than me.”

“Then go ahead. I’ll protect Kiki with my life!”

As she wished, I let go of her wrist, and dodged two punches from Victoria. I moved away from her, she followed me and then used her momentum against her by tripping her. The girl was, of course, sturdy and pulled herself up. However, by then, I had gained higher ground by going up the stairs a bit, so the moment she stood up, I launched myself onto her, which instantly made her fall back down again. She, in turn, stuck her foot out on my way, and made me trip as well.

“You’re too slow,” I said jumping back up. “Is it the muscle mass that weighs you down?”

“Please stop,” a few students from the Academy ran in between us and some others held us back. One girl helped Victoria stand right up.

“This is not a place to engage in physical fighting,” a young man warned us. “Only pokemon battles are allowed. Otherwise, take your fight somewhere outside.”

“Alright, it seems we’ll have to battle with our pokemon,” Victoria said, and sent out a large panda bear.

“As you wish,” I responded and sent out my newly trained Gretel, the Slurpuff (Drain Kiss, Cotton Guard, Belly Drum and Endeavor). Unfortunately, the cake-looking pokemon had no means of exploiting Belly Drum as of now, since Drain Kiss is a special move.

2GyKaFS.png

The pangoro could not withstand a Drain Kiss, so Victoria used up a choc ice cream to heal him. Unfortunately for her, it was useless since a repeating attack took the large bear down. Then, she sent out her a-raichu, who tried to set up on me by using Nasty Plot, but went straight down with a single Earth Power from Prince. Then Victoria sent out her gallade. This pokemon is a pain in the neck. It has high defenses, so even though Gretel’s Drain Kiss is super effective, it took long to defeat him. I even had to raise Gretel’s defense by Cotton Guarding once. Alas, it was done, but the last two mons played a trick on me. Against mienfoo, I sent out Aladdin, whose Fake Out ejected and exchanged him for incineroar - a dark type. Even though dark-type attacks deal neutral damage to Aladdin, I still switched out because Aladdin’s defenses aren’t that great. As expected, Wolfie who also lacks defense, went down to two Darkest Lariats but not before she dealt a good amount of damage with Rock Slide. That allowed me to easily faint incineroar with Fake Out when I brought Aladdin back out. The rest was easy, since Psycho Cut finished the mienfoo that had postponed inevitable fainting.

“No,” Victoria seemed disturbed when she returned her mienfoo back to his pokeball. “Vanilla, please.”

I shrugged.

“I won, and hence I’ve earned the right to do as I wish.”

When I turned my back to her, Victoria snapped.

“It’s for the kids, right?” she shouted. “They’re more important to you than Kiki’s wellbeing.”

UqhJgjO.png

I stopped on my way and turned again.

“You are mistaken,” I lowered my gaze. “I no longer do anything for anybody else. The kids can stay kidnapped for all I care. I do this for myself - collecting badges and battling Gym leaders is what I came for in the first place.”

“How… how can you…”

“How can I be this cold, you ask?” I laughed from my nose. “One must learn from mistakes, Victoria. If you don’t, you just keep wasting lives.”

I left Victoria looking as though she wished she could choke me right then and there. However, she seemed to collect herself, because after a moment, she followed me to be the referee for the match between Kiki and me.

“I was wondering what was taking you so long,” Kiki said. “We can start our battle now. Victoria, please.”

I walked over to my designated spot, and Victoria spoke the rules of the battle with an obviously monotonous voice.

rB2B1rl.png

Spoiler

Perhaps I should have checked Ame’s display prior to venturing out without knowledge of the field, but the battle went smoothly. Aladdin literally almost wiped Kiki’s whole team, but since her last two pokemon were fighting/psychic types, there was little he could do. I switched him out for a well-deserved rest. Nothing else was challenging, though, just that I was surprised by how much damage Kiki’s medicham was doing with the exact move I need, Strength. However, her pokemon’s power was no match for Prince, who wiped the fake Aladdin with a boosted Muddy Water.

I defeated Kiki, and was already walking toward her to receive the badge and the HM, when the woman oscillated back and forth a couple of times and collapsed on the spot. A chill went down my spine, thinking that the woman had died before giving me the damned badge, much like Corey had done. However, on quick inspection, she seemed to just be unconscious.

A group of students and I carried Kiki to her room and lay her down there. On Victoria’s suggestion, everyone but she and I left the room.

When she came by once more, she was at first confused but then incredibly furious.

Ie56PLc.png

“There’s no longer a point to keeping up a facade of serenity,” she said to Victoria, but I also listened. “After a display like that… My glass reputation is already shattered.”

“Don’t say that,” Victoria interjected. “Nobody could be as strong as you have been.”

“For as strong as I’ve been, I’m still too weak,” Kiki’s voice cracked and she coughed again.

“Please do calm down,” her apprentice begged, but Kiki snapped back.

“How can I? Did you think I was only talking of the zen of mind when I taught you to defeat the inner chaos?”

Kiki coughed again, and she took a couple of deep breaths.

“No amount of meditation is going to change the fact that my body is killing itself.”

After that, despite my inner despair at having to postpone my obtaining the badge and HM, Victoria pulled me to leave the room. Kiki sat near the corner of her room, looking down on a spot on the floor.

“I’ve never seen Kiki get upset like that before,” she sighed when we were outside. “She must be going through so much.”

7gBB3ts.png

“Each of us must carry their own weight.”

Victoria looked at me, though I couldn’t tell what went on her mind.

“I’ll wait for Kiki to calm down and get your badge and HM from her,” she said. “But could you please check on Cain for me? It’s been bothering me that e hasn’t arrived, even after this much time has passed.”

“Maybe e decided to go off somewhere else and chase some men.”

“Perhaps but unlikely. E seemed eager to rescue the kids,” she said. “You see, there’s one place between Reborn City and Apophyll, which is Azurine Island. I don’t know how he could’ve mistaken that swampy island for Apophyll beach, but well, anything is possible with Cain, right?”

I shrugged.

“I’ll be back for my badge,” I said and left to look for purple princess.

Spoiler

... Fine. I'll continue rating, even if I see no point.

• Victoria (-2): 4/10 1. She doesn't understand Kiki, 2. She doesn't understand me.
  • Kiki (+1): 5/10 She has shown her human side, which I like more than her perfect professor face. Now if she'd just give me my badge...

Yooo 3,000 views and counting! Thanks for the continued support frens~ :D

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Corso said:

I'VE JUST NOTICED [I don't know if it's meant to be a surprise so I'm not going to spoil it] AND I'M LIKE WHOA THIS IS THE BEST RUN EVER!!!

Also why no Hex on Medicham?

Hmmm *meaningful look* I wonder what you could mean?

Also

because idiot me lives in 2005 and thought fighting types were immune to ghost lol

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 21tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Just with one glance, I could tell that my shoes were not appropriate for the trek.

jEiocHe.png

Azurine Island, beautifully green from afar, was actually an island seemingly on the blink of sinking and hence was full swamps. The vegetation that grew there seemed to have some purification mechanism, for I could not fathom how anything could survive the toxicity of the lake’s brown waters.

I hopped onto my bike and rode through the places that weren’t too deep. Sometimes, though, I had to climb trees and jump from one tree to another much like a monkey would do. I wasn’t sure what I was looking for, however. Cain could be anywhere on this island, lost on his way.

Going down one of the hills, I found a small lodge which I found suspicious. Why would there be a house like that in the middle of nowhere?

I made my way to the lodge, and realized that it had a makeshift sign which hung from the door.

“A&E Hair Salon,” I read from the neat writing, clearly written with a gray marker.

H5KM2WR.png

Opening the door, I found a couple of girls in the middle of a room full of old notebooks, fallen sheets of papers and turned-off machinery… in other words, the place looked more like a storage room than a salon.

X4tpfHO.png

“I didn’t expect to see you here,” the lady in a green dress said.

“Do I know you?” I asked with on eyebrow raised.

Both girls looked stiff for a moment but smiled at me.

“Ah excuse me, you really look like my younger sister, you see,” the woman said. “You came here to get a lovely hairdo, am I correct?”

“Actually, I’ve only come looking for a purple-haired guy with fishnets.”

“We haven’t seen your friend,” the girl in the red shirt said. “But don’t say that, let us give you a lovely hair color on us.”

“Yes, we’re two kind girls desperately looking for customers.”

“No wonder you don’t have customers,” I said, looking around the room. “This place is in middle of nowhere and on top of it is a total mess.”

“Let us show you our skills and you advertise for us, alright?”

The two girls smiled but they looked as though they’d just eaten something sour.

“Ugh, no. Bye,” I tried to exit, but the two grabbed me from behind and did not let go when I flung my arms.

“It’s free, dummy. Now sit down. It won’t take long, I assure you.”

I don’t even know how the girls managed to color my hair, since I kept struggling for freedom the whole way through. The girl in red shirt, especially, seemed to be a bodybuilder, because her grip on me was more like a solid block. All the time I meditated on giving both of them a kick in the stomach to free myself, but it wasn’t something I wanted to do to unfamiliar girls who insisted they were doing me a service.

When they were done, I didn’t know whether to scream or to marvel at my reflection. Pink hair on a pink dress? How do they expect me to walk around like this?

“You…” I said in a low voice.

“H-huh? You didn’t like the color? I- We can fix it right away,” the girl in green dress stuttered, but I wasn’t going to buy it anymore.

“I can tell your only purpose is to keep me from looking for Cain,” I asserted. “Will you cut the act and tell me where he is?”

The two girls looked at each other, and sighed.

“Well, if you’ve figured things out, we can’t do anything.”

The two of them took off their dresses to show their Team Meteor uniform underneath.

“Don’t tell me,” I said, looking at the grunts who were still wearing thick makeup. “Eclipse… and Aster?”

I laughed at his face.

“This wasn’t even my idea,” Aster defended himself. “Eclipse insisted that if we dressed as two girls, we’d avoid everybody's radar.”

“You really did. Now I know I should be more careful with the pretty ladies.”

Aster’s face turned bright red in a matter of seconds.

As it was customary to do, Aster and Eclipse took out their pokeballs, just as I did.

“Now you’ll have to deal with both of us alone, girlie. Prepare to lose.”

I knew they were going to send out their lunatone and solrock, so I sent out Bambi and Wolfie. The two of them went down in two turns, after getting one Rock Slide and either a Horn Leech or Crunch. The two grunts then sent out passimian and lycanroc (day). I tried one-shotting the lycanroc, since I knew it had low defenses, but Bambi couldn’t quite finish him. The fake Wolfie tried to revenge kill Bambi with fire fang, so I had to switch both of my pokemon for Aladdin and Prince. Despite Eclipse healing her lycanroc, it went down to a single Muddy Water from Prince. I used Fake Out on the passimian that same turn to prevent it from moving. The next foe was lycanroc (night), which unfortunately didn’t even get to move since Aladdin quickly fainted it with a High Jump Kick. After this, the only two pokemon left were passimian and oranguru. In order to get good experience on Bambi, I sent it in. Aster ordered oranguru to use bulldoze, which was a good move since it lowered my speed. Despite that, a Muddy Water, a Horn Leech and an Earth Power were all I needed to get rid of both apes.

“Can you for once let us win? This is getting ridiculous,” Aster pointed his lips.

“Well, that’s our cue to leave. Good luck looking for your friend,” Eclipse laughed.

“Yeah, we hid him very well, you’ll have a hard time finding him.”

If looks could kill… Aster looked bewildered at Eclipse.

“Can you for once shut up? This is getting ridiculous too! You just told her he’s in here,” she shook her head sideways and stormed out of the house.

“I’m sorry Eclipse! I promise I’ll be careful,” Aster said and followed her.

Something tells me that if they weren’t stupid enough to join Team Meteor, they would probably gain double their salary being a pair of comedians.

“Anyhow, let’s see where Cain is,” I said to myself.

I checked the walls for a hidden contraption, papers for clues, but nothing. By some luck, however, I slipped on a notebook and fell back onto the bookshelf, which rotated and pushed me to the other side of the wall.

I walked down the stairs and the hallway, which eventually led me to where Cain was. He wasn’t alone, however.

hzORNYZ.png

“Oh, hello,” Taka said. “Nice hair color.”

“Shut up. If you’re going to fight me, do it right away.”

“Seems you’re in a fouler mood than usual. I think that says a lot.”

I threw my pokeball, sending out Bambi.

“Send out your pokemon too, before Bambi makes a hole in your stomach with his horns.”

“Scary,” he said, and sent out klefki.

rDMvkQ4.png

Since working against a steel/fairy type with a grass/normal type was inefficient, I switched Bambi with Anna. In the meanwhile, klefki set up two spikes, before it got one-shotted by Anna’s Heat Wave. Since Taka mentioned that he was sending out an exeggutor, I kept Anna in, but then I realized he’d meant an alolan exeggutor. Even with neutral damage, though Anna fainted it with two Heat Waves, though she also received major damage with Dragon Hammer. The next match was between gligar and Prince. Both attacked twice - gligar with acrobatics and Prince with Muddy Water. They were pretty tied in strength, but gligar went down first. Then, Taka sent out his last pokemon, the infamous chatot who once tried to rescue me in Malchous forest. Taka really underestimated my abilities if he thought I could not free myself from that cheap cage. Anyway, one Rock Slide from Wolfie was all I needed to end the battle.

“Yay Vanilla, my prince~ You were so cool defeating the bad guys,” Cain said from the cell e was trapped in. “Now don’t even dream of destroying Apophyll with us protecting it!”

I raised my eyebrow at Taka, waiting for him to explain himself.

“As you know, Pyrous mountain is the largest active volcano in Apophyll,” he said. “We’re planning to take a PULSE, a camerupt up there. That will wipe out the whole place up.”

“Why do you even want to do that?”

“If you haven’t noticed, Team Meteor’s aim is to cause as much chaos as possible. Once we bury the place under a thick layer of lava, people won’t be able to live there for a good while.”

“You’re crazy if you think you’ll succeed,” Cain shouted and then started singing. “We unite against you, together as one. You won’t succeed, because we sow the seed of freedom!”

Yjq1ngJ.png

“It would be a shame, Vanilla, if you came up to the top of the mountain to stop us. To save all those people. Really, a shame,” he said, as he and the other grunts packed their things up and left.

I opened Cain’s cell as I questioned what Taka could mean by telling me all that information.

“Thank you for rescuing me, my prince, but now we must hurry and warn the people in Apophyll.”

Spoiler
  • Aster&Eclipse (-1): -1/10 Not only are they in a stupid organization, they forced a color I dislike on my hair.
  • Taka: still 3/10
  • Cain: still 5/10

Credit goes to J-AwesomeOne for the idea to force make Vanilla to color her hair.

• Like 4

1. I wasn't expecting Aster and Eclipse to pretend to be women hairdresser people but it is believable.

2. The original idea I gave was in remembrance of the Pachirisu (RIP little guy) but hey. I like this idea too. Although, the other outcome of this has yet to happen. So, when the time comes, we'll see if that happens too. :P But thank you for the credit! :D

As always, you're doing great in these updates. Getting better and better. I feel like a broken record but what can I say. When it's true, it should be said. Can't wait for the next update! :D

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

1. I wasn't expecting Aster and Eclipse to pretend to be women hairdresser people but it is believable.

2. The original idea I gave was in remembrance of the Pachirisu (RIP little guy) but hey. I like this idea too. Although, the other outcome of this has yet to happen. So, when the time comes, we'll see if that happens too. :P But thank you for the credit! :D

As always, you're doing great in these updates. Getting better and better. I feel like a broken record but what can I say. When it's true, it should be said. Can't wait for the next update! :D

Keep saying it or I'll forget fren :P And Aster and Eclipse were actually Jessy and James in disguise... jk xD

5 minutes ago, Candy said:

Keep saying it or I'll forget fren :P And Aster and Eclipse were actually Jessy and James in disguise... jk xD

I swear to you, I was originally gonna say that "Aster and Eclipse pulled a Jessie and James and disguised themselves has hairdressing people." Although, I wonder if they enjoy it as much as James... I just hope none of them get breast implants. Btw, I'm prob gonna sound stupid asking this but are any of the 2 of them girls or are they both dudes? I can't remember! Dx