From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Corso said:

OMG I'M SO HAPPY THAT EVENT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST CANDY
Idk if you changed the story because of what I said (I'm selfish tothink it could have happened) or if it was already planned but THANKS!!!!
I would have liked Vanilla to show a bit more strenght against Saphira but in the end it went well

I have 2 question:
1) What is that trap prime by Cheshire?

2) what was the strategy I guessed long ago??? I can't remember! Quick Claw?

Thanks for the episode 
To think that this run will reach E18 content before me because I'm not playing reborn alas

Tbh I changed the story. This is what went on. So I did the recording of Vanilla vs Charlotte many months ago, and at the time I didn't have a storyline planned. I just knew that I wanted Vanilla to struggle a lot with Charlotte, because of what she had observed in Yuyeyu when she got paired with Charlotte (instead of Cain).

Then, in episode 50, Vanilla lost 3 times with different strats against her. That was to illustrate a characterization that I've tried to convey all through out (and for a reason that will become apparent in about 2 episodes time): Vanilla is a physical sweeper who lacks foresight and who thinks she can wing it anytime because of how proud she is of her agility and physical ability. She's not one to make careful strategies or mind games (which is why she can't deal with Radomus, who outsmarted her). In other words, there was no way on earth she could come up with the solution to battling against someone who uses the same physical sweeper strategy as her- she needed help from someone.

And that someone was going to be Saphira in my original setting literally last week when I was writing episode 51. The reason I thought it could work was because 1. Saphira is a higher tier Gym leader than Charlotte, so it makes sense that Vanilla would push down her ego and listen to her, and 2. I don't want Saphira to be portrayed as a complete asshole, because she isn't. Hell, I know you hate her because she killed Team Meteor on Tanzan Lake, but they're at war and that's what happens in war. She isn't heartless (as she loves her sisters), but her mindset is in war-mode. So yeah, despite your comment I was totally ready to write Saphira in as the Rock Slide + Helping Hand strategy creator.

But then when I was writing the episode, Vanilla became offended about getting lectured by someone who insulted and distrusted her. So I wrote in a flashback from her past life in the Defiance (which I'll likely write on a separate episode, perhaps on a certain diary that's not Tania's...) but then I couldn't write that chunk in without it feeling unnatural placement-wise. So I said "to Hell with that" and allowed Vanilla to do what she wanted, which was also what you wanted her to do (kinda). Besides I found someone else that could guide her in a more healthy manner- Cain, who already knows most of her team, and Pikachu, who has some pokemon knowledge (sentret is available near Opal/Obsidia where he was first met).

Tl;dr I changed the story partly because of what you said but more because of my lack of writing skill xD xD

and 

4 hours ago, Corso said:

To think that this run will reach E18 content before me because I'm not playing reborn alas

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Pls this thread is >1 year old, and even the Penta-Op is caught up to where I am now xD Heck even newer written runs are ahead of mine xD

2 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

Hello there~ 🙂 

I’m glad to see another episode of FETR once again! For some reason, the contention with Saphira makes me have some empathy for Vanilla. She already lost against her little sister, and had to train even more with Cain to surpass her. That reminded me a bit of Sapphire from Pokemon Adventures when she failed defeating Winona during her first try in the manga. People may disagree with my opinion, but that’s why I found this episode almost poignant.

And congratulations with Charlotte! 😄 Cheshire was a very good asset to deal with her team, I would have never really think about this. Can we say that Helping Hand came in Handy during this episode? ^^

Yup, another blow to Vanilla's ego fosho. I haven't read the manga, but yep no one likes losing, but it's from losses that one can learn to become stronger 💪

I think Vanilla was ok with losing once and maybe twice, but when it comes to the third time, it's like she's out of strategies she could come up with. That prolly ate her confidence alive which is why she thought of relying on Saphira even for a moment. Even I can relate to that because when you're depressed, you look for anything that can relieve it however temporary 😛

yup! Helping Hand came in as Handy and Helpful as Hecc! xD xD

4 hours ago, GenEric said:

oh no not the furret

also vanilla called cain a demon rip

i noticed that not a lot of ppl have been reading this

shame really 

y not the furret 🤔

and whatchu even going on about, this thread has like ~5 regular readers which is literally ~5 more people than I expected would read this xD I'm not a reader myself so I dunno why anyone wants to read some fulana's fan fiction of a game everyone knows the story inside and out of.

2 hours ago, RedAlert said:

That was honestly the most effective, unexpected sweeps I've ever seen.

My mouth was open the entire battle

Who knew the near useless helping hand could be so useful?

(Did you even need to go through the trouble to train that Sentret?)

AHH YES! I'm glad that the strat isn't mainstream enough to be super well-known 😩 👌 I felt genius like I've never felt before when I swept Charlotte off her feet like that haha

I trained the sentret in case Helping Hand boosted Rock Slide wasn't enough to KO an opponent. That was my first and only try with Charlotte so I was pretty much winging it and was pleasantly surprised that it went super smoothly 😛 If I'd known, I might've made Lv 1 sentret go into a Gym match against her oof

• Like 3

Pikachu's a good lil' Pokemon. Lots of pats and hugs for Pikachu~

Huh. This chapter reminds me of Black vs. Skyla in the manga. He didn't quite lose to her three times, but it did take effort for him to win against Skyla's team. Not to mention the process was a bit cinematic, like Pikachu stopping the fight in the Pokemon Center.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

That doesn't sound like her style though with having her go into a Gym Battle with a level 1. I don't think her battling mindset would allow that to happen no matter what.

that's true too haha I think that's more for a "digital" pokemon match because it's technically possible, but if it were a real battle with physical monsters, then it'd be unlikely it'd work like that. though Reborn is obviously digital, I've tried to maintain a tiiny bit of real-battle feel, although not as much as with my other pokemon fan fic xD

1 minute ago, Dragoknight said:

Hmm. Who knew Helping Hand would ever turn out to be useful.

Been like.... several months since I've checked out your run and I really like all the character interactions with Vanilla here (and also Pikachu)

You do well prince.

henlo there~ welcome to my humble thread of edge-lord Vanilla xD thx for watching the super match which I thought was creative at the time haha

42 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

Pikachu's a good lil' Pokemon. Lots of pats and hugs for Pikachu~

Huh. This chapter reminds me of Black vs. Skyla in the manga. He didn't quite lose to her three times, but it did take effort for him to win against Skyla's team. Not to mention the process was a bit cinematic, like Pikachu stopping the fight in the Pokemon Center.

I love when Pikachu helps Vanilla cause it makes me wanna do him a good petting xD hehe can't be the Drama King of the Dramathicc Drama Club if I don't input some cinematic dramathicc moments in~ and dw there's plenty of drama to come along especially in Ametrine 👀

• Like 1

Wow Candy wrote such a long paragraph just to answer me!

"she isn't heartless, but her mindset is in war-mode" implying she has any other mindset AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I'm sure at the end if story she'll tell the MC something like "you saved Reborn but I still don't like you" and then she'll fly away with her sisters

Mh now I feel responsible (partly) for what happened with the story, which is contradictory: I didn't want the story to go as originally planned but I also feel like I've "taken" your place as the storyteller

I thought the gif was too heavy to post Well I'm not playing Reborn until I have a good walkthrough so I can know what to find, when that's why you'll likely reach e18 before me

On 1/16/2019 at 2:52 AM, Corso said:

Wow Candy wrote such a long paragraph just to answer me!

"she isn't heartless, but her mindset is in war-mode" implying she has any other mindset AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I'm sure at the end if story she'll tell the MC something like "you saved Reborn but I still don't like you" and then she'll fly away with her sisters

Mh now I feel responsible (partly) for what happened with the story, which is contradictory: I didn't want the story to go as originally planned but I also feel like I've "taken" your place as the storyteller

I thought the gif was too heavy to post Well I'm not playing Reborn until I have a good walkthrough so I can know what to find, when that's why you'll likely reach e18 before me

The thing is Pokemon Reborn takes place during an internal war between Team Meteor and the Status quo led by the gym leaders. We can't see Saphira in her non-war mode until the war ends and her sisters don't feel threatened anymore.

I think it's fun to incorporate my readers' opinions and creative ideas in the story. It's not the first time I do it- as you might recall I credited J-Awesome_One and Seki on some chapters due to their direct input on the story (aka narrative suggestions which I decided to incorporate), and iirc I even incorporated your unown in a pic xD I think that's the cool part about making this a play-through instead of a fanfic, since I can hear y'all's thoughts real time so I can rethink the future chapters. Obviously there are some parts of the story that are crucial (mostly the parts related to the Everland lore, which are already written on my mind) so I can't change those, but everything else is up for modification. If no one says anything, I just improvise something to the best of my ability 😛 so yeah, keep taking my place as the storyteller as much as you like~

There's a complete walkthrough pinned iirc tho? it's almost a completionist guide, amazing quality work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 52tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Are you saying "wow" now? Cause I'm saying "wow". It's been a solid good while since I uploaded two chapters so close to each other. And the reason? I have to read a couple of papers and write a kind of summary of them by tomorrow. Ya kno how procrastination works rip. Anyhow, read away~ Also don't call the cops on me, I swear I will explain it later

“That was quick,” Charlotte echoed what she said when our first battle was over. “That was definitely a clever way to sweep my entire team. I’ll have to design a strategy to counter that.”

“I don’t deserve half the credit,” I admitted. “Cain and Pikachu helped me, after all.”

“And Saphira, had you allowed her to help you,” she added, smiling.

It was obvious she said it to tease me, but I ignored her comment. Instead, I walked up to where she stood and held out my right hand.

“I hope I’ll battle you again when you change up your team. When that time comes, I’ll win without anyone’s help.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Charlotte said and shook my hand firmly.

30KaICU.png

At the exit of the Gym, I found Cain waiting for me.

“How did it go? Did you kick Charlotte’s butt?”

I nodded and Cain tapped my shoulder to congratulate me.

“I knew you could do it~ Now, you should go get Shelly. She’s been waiting for you, you know?”

Cain gave me his farewells, and went into the Gym to see if Charlotte was available for another match. I surprised myself thinking that despite his lewd jokes, I didn’t dislike Cain that much.

In fact, as I walked to the house where Shelly was waiting, I reflected on how many of the people in Reborn I had grown rather fond of, despite my intention not to get too involved in foreign affairs. The list was short, a mere three names, but it was longer than it was supposed to be.

“I mustn’t forget that my fight lies not in Reborn but in Everland,” I whispered to myself. “And that once I have attained enough strength to defeat Team Meteor once and for all, I’ll leave this land behind.”

It was still a long way to get there, however. Instead of desperation at my slow progress, though, I felt a strange sense of relief. Before I could ponder much about that feeling, I was standing in front of the target house.

“Shelly, I’m done with the battle,” I said as I entered the house. I found Noel watching the news on TV and Shelly reading a book, which she promptly returned to the shelf before I could see what it was about.

“Um, I’m ready to head out,” she said. “Bye Noel, see you later.”

“Bye and good luck,” Noel replied.

We exited the house and I reminded Shelly that we would head to Agate Circus before going to Ametrine, since I had yet to obtain the TM for Dive. However, Shelly stopped my train of thought, and handed me the TM.

“S-sorry, I figured I could, um, help by getting the TM for you while you, um, trained to beat Charlotte.”

“Alone by yourself?” I asked without thinking.

“Actually, Nilla kept me company,” she replied, and then tucked her chin and looked up at me. “D-did I do something wrong?”

I shook my head.

“No, that means we can head to Ametrine right away,” I said, starting to walk. “I didn’t expect it, that’s all.”

Yes, all through our acquaintance, Shelly had proved over and over how much of an insecure shy girl she was. That made me expect that I would always be the one to guide and protect her, and any deviance from that mold was to be wholly unexpected. Yet, perhaps it was time to soften the mold and accept that her experiences were changing her little by little into a capable individual.

Such were my thoughts when Shelly interrupted them by pointing out the ice that blocked our way to Ametrine City.

“Stay here. I’ll look for a way to dive and get to the center of this ice mountain,” I said to her.

I walked around the periphery until I found a small pond, which on closer inspection seemed to be deeper than it appeared.

“Ready Pikachu? We’ll dive,” I said and held onto Kame’s back.

The water was cold and I could barely see with the dim lighting and a blurry eyesight. Thankfully, Kame swam quickly and guided us to another opening on the ground above. We found ourselves in a larger body of water, and we kept diving until we found a hole on the edge that was large enough for us to pass through. When we resurfaced, I was glad to find the source of the giant mass of ice.

“It’s a PULSE,” I commented to Pikachu.

I got off Kame’s back and dried my body as much as I could. I was ready to stop the machine as soon as possible, before my wet hair caused me to catch a cold.

kxbV5C6.png

Spoiler

When the battle was over, the ice mountain cracked by itself and small chunks of ice came falling down onto me like an avalanche. They weren’t large enough to crush me to death, but one of the blocks hit my head and the tremor shook my vision. I heard Shelly calling me before my senses left me.

I came to in a familiar room. My first guess was that it was a room in the Pokemon Center, and I was soon proven correct. Shelly was sitting close to me with Pikachu sitting on her thighs.

“Vanilla,” she exclaimed unlike herself. “I’m so glad you’re awake.”

Pikachu jumped onto my chest and hopped up and down.

“Sorry for worrying you,” I said and slid myself on the bed to sit right up. “Are we in Ametrine’s Pokemon Center?”

“Um, yes. Your sawsbuck helped me carry you here. Um, I h-hope you don’t mind that I used your pokemon without your, um, consent.”

“Don’t worry about that. Thank you,” I said.

For some reason, my words impacted Shelly to the extent that her eyes twinkled and her cheeks flushed. I wondered if I had not thanked her before this. If so, I felt I had done her a disfavor, for it was certainly not the first time I had been grateful for her aid.

We were quiet for a while after that, until Shelly spoke again with a higher pitch than usual.

“Vanilla, um, I meant to tell you s-something,” she said. “Something important.”

“Well, tell me. But breathe more slowly. You’re hyperventilating.”

Shelly followed my advice and took a couple of deep breaths, but she didn’t stop fidgeting with her shirt.

“The thing is… the thing is… I, uhh, I... like you, Vanilla,” she said and closed her eyes shut and clenched her fists as though she were withstanding a lot of pain.

“Was that so hard to tell me?”

Shelly looked up, still with her face bright red but with a puzzled expression. I was embarrassed too, but it was a bittersweet moment in my view. Nothing to be so worked up about.

“I appreciate you too,” I said. “You’ve been a helpful companion and good mentee.”

“Eh?”

“I’ve noticed your growth since the time we met in Lapis Ward. Keep it up.”

Before Shelly or I could say anything more, Nurse Joy entered the room and started a thorough check up of my health.

When we were done and Nurse Joy allowed me to leave, we exited the Center into the snowy city. I stepped on the white ground, which sank under my foot with a satisfying crushing sound. I repeated the action with my other foot, but slower this time.

“Um, is it your first time s-stepping on snow?” Shelly suggested.

“Yes. Everland doesn’t have seasons except a sort of temperate summer.”

We started walking, and I did not hide my fascination with the footprints I left behind me in the snow.

“That sounds like n-nice weather. It’s c-cold here,” Shelly said. “But if Heather is here somewhere, I’ll definitely find her.”

j0dOJ3G.png

“Hopefully the city hasn’t starved to death yet,” I added.

Soon we found out that this wasn’t the case. In fact, there were kids playing in the snow and skating on a small ice rink, some examples of behavior I wouldn’t have associated with starvation. My initial thought was that perhaps their food stocks had been larger than we all expected, and they were still doing great.

“We’ll find Heather faster if we break up and ask around,” I suggested.

“What, but-” Shelly hesitated with knit brows.

“You were capable of going to Agate Circus and back to Calcenon,” I said. “I’m sure you’ll do great. Let’s find your friend.”

Despite Shelly stretching her arm as though she didn’t want me to leave her, I walked away to talk to the people at the skating rink. I saw from the corner of my eye that she stood there for a bit but then awkwardly approached a guy.

I talked to an old man, and he told me that unlike what I’d assumed, the city was still in a major food shortage. He explained that their stocks had suddenly disappeared, so the earlier days were the toughest. However, when I asked him how they managed to solve the problem, he refused to tell me, so I moved on to ask to a girl nearby.

“Ah yes, we were in a major constraint. We were all scared of starving to death,” she said. “But now everyone has hope, because as it turns out, this city has Guardian Angels.”

3RShz3L.png

“Guardian Angels?” I regurgitated.

“Oh sorry, I can’t tell you anymore about it. It’s a secret.”

She dismissed my attempts to further inquiry, so I left her and continued talking to everyone I found to connect the dots about these Guardian Angels. The more I talked, I started formulating a theory that Heather was one of those angels who apparently had been supplying the citizens with food, but for a unfathomable reason could only work undercover. She was a flying pokemon user if I recalled correctly, and hence the portrayal of “angel” fit her, even if her character wasn’t exactly one I would call angelical. I went as far as to guess she was still mute, and thus she was deemed angelical for not opening her loud mouth. As for the identities of the other Guardian Angels, though, I was at a complete loss. One boy told me that there was an ex-Gym leader living in the city, so perhaps they were helping out too.

I started going into the homes in the area to ask more information about the whereabouts of Heather, but none of them gave me anymore useful information. In one such instance, I entered an uninhabited house. Shelly saw me, and followed right behind me. It was a house whose electricity had been cut off, I could only see the mess through the light that flew in from the windows.

XzaDOOZ.png

“A boy outside told me that, um, there were t-two girls who lived here… but both, um, died.”

“Is that right,” I said absentmindedly, as I walked closer to a machine I recognized.

I touched the cold metallic surface.

“This looks like a PULSE machine. There’s something quite odd about all this,” I took note.

At that moment, the house’s door opened with a loud clatter, which made Shelly jump and shriek. We looked at the man who’d just entered. He was tall and had ice-blue hair which withstood the forces of gravity.

“This isn’t a place for tourists,” he said.

“I could see that for myself,” I responded. “But we aren’t tourists. We’re looking for someone.”

I glared at the man as I approached him. Something in his countenance- maybe his pointy hair, his flashy clothes or just his voice full of irony- rubbed me the wrong way.

“Then you’re wasting your time coming here, to an abandoned house,” he said, glaring back at me.

“Um, we’re looking for a girl. She’s a l-little shorter than me, and she has, um, pink… pink hair.”

Shelly interrupted our exchange of glares, but when the man’s glare slowly moved onto her, she shrunk two sizes.

“Nope, haven’t seen any girl like that in this city,” he shrugged. “Now leave this place.”

He turned and left himself before us.

“T-that man, he reminds me of, um, nevermind,” Shelly shook her head and dropped her gaze to the floor.

“Whoever he is, I don’t trust him. Let’s search some more by ourselves,” I encouraged her and left the odd house.

That wasn’t even the most distasteful event of the day, however. As we moved around the city, being disappointed every time we asked about Heather or the Guardian Angels, we met him.

He was exiting a building as we passed by. Our gazes met, and I stopped in my tracks. He looked at me with his surprise increasing every millisecond, while I looked at him with more and more disgust. The surprise banished from his eyes soon enough, and his face looked almost cloudy when he spoke at me.

“We meet again, Vanilla Eterna.”

xKxetnm.png

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Charlotte (+1): 8/10 Graceful even after losing like that, and she also thinks of improving in strength
  • Shelly (+1): 8/10 In the short time that I've known her, she's become much more independent- I guess I could say I'm proud, or something
  • Blue-haired guy: 1/10 Mocking and unhelpful when we were looking for Heather

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 2

So I was confused as to why you said don't call the police. And then I read this episode... and then I got it. Buuuut should we take it the way we're led to believe how we're taking it or is she saying she likes Vanilla just like a friend and wanted to say that to Vanilla? It would still make sense for her to be feeling awkward too because she hasn't thrown around that word all too much. Buuuut I could also be overthinking it and then this would mean a romantic feeling. Either way, loved this episode a lot. More Shelly time and recognizing Cain as a friend! 😄 Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So I was confused as to why you said don't call the police. And then I read this episode... and then I got it. Buuuut should we take it the way we're led to believe how we're taking it or is she saying she likes Vanilla just like a friend and wanted to say that to Vanilla? It would still make sense for her to be feeling awkward too because she hasn't thrown around that word all too much. Buuuut I could also be overthinking it and then this would mean a romantic feeling. Either way, loved this episode a lot. More Shelly time and recognizing Cain as a friend! 😄 Keep up the good work!

Shelly's development has been kinda a focus in FEtR (ya captain obvious). She starts fearing Vanilla, then little by little starts trusting her more as she realizes Vanilla's actually dependable and not as scary as she thought. Take the scene how you think fits best in your head right now- I left it vague for a reason. But it'll become clearer what she means later on (I hope) 😛

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Candy said:

“I mustn’t forget that my fight lies not in Reborn but in Everland,” I whispered to myself. “And that once I have attained enough strength to defeat Team Meteor once and for all, I’ll leave this land behind.”

I don't know how or why the quote turned out like that

Funny Vanilla says this. Adrienn wants the MC to be champion, so I wonder how this scene will turn out when Vanilla returns to Neo Reborn.

Also, what was this book about that Shelly quickly put away? 👀

I would say good luck with your assignment, but I'm sure you'll do fine considering your eloquent writing skills~

Fine, I won't call the cops on you this time

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

Also, what was this book about that Shelly quickly put away? 👀

Curiosity kill'd the cat:

Spoiler

A teenager magazine. She was reading up on all the juicy tricks about stealing a man's heart xD

... well at least the teen magazines I read when I was a teen in Japan were about that (cosmetics, clothes, etc everything to look as pretty as possible for your mans)

7 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

Fine, I won't call the cops on you this time

owo pls no cops next time either

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Candy said:

Hide contents

A teenager magazine. She was reading up on all the juicy tricks about stealing a man's heart xD

... well at least the teen magazines I read when I was a teen in Japan were about that (cosmetics, clothes, etc everything to look as pretty as possible for your mans)

Or a girl possibly? 😏

• Haha 1

I could guess what happens with Vanilla and Shelly but what if I'm right and I spoil FEtR???
The icy field made rock slide an ice type move, why did you melt it???
And why didn't you start with fake out?

4 hours ago, Corso said:

I could guess what happens with Vanilla and Shelly but what if I'm right and I spoil FEtR???
The icy field made rock slide an ice type move, why did you melt it???
And why didn't you start with fake out?

How bout you take a guess on my DMs 😉

I melted it because 1. I forgot it would melt and 2. I haven't used Aladdin (medicham) in a while so I preferred to KO Anna and switch into him.

Didn't start with fake out cause i thought HJK would be enough to KO, given the burn. Damn boi surviving with ~1HP 😫

2 hours ago, GenEric said:

“I l-like you V-vanilla!”

”What?”

”B-b-baka!”

Shelly runs away “gracefully”!

jk nice episode as always

whos the mysterious character i wonder 🤔 

Lol! 

And hint is that you've seen this sprite set before 😜 Just that it was ages ago and literally on one image... I think it'll be faster for me to write the next episode rather than look for him in the ~250 images already used haha

If I remember well, this character is one of the survivors of a group to which Vanilla belonged in the past 🙂 His name should be Aladdin, please correct me if I’m wrong. The question is: what is he doing in Ametrine City?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Q-Jei said:

If I remember well, this character is one of the survivors of a group to which Vanilla belonged in the past 🙂 His name should be Aladdin, please correct me if I’m wrong. The question is: what is he doing in Ametrine City?

Wow Q-Jei has the memory we all need xD dw, what his intentions are will be made clear on a short(?) summary of Everland lore at the beginning of the next episode. I'm not so cruel as to ask y'all to remember stuff from multiple chapters that were written in the dawn of time haha

• Like 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ A Day in the Foresttumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

As promised, below is a brief summary of Everland lore for those who don’t have stellar memory (aka normal hoomans):

Spoiler
  • Timeline (ignore the years, it doesn't necessarily need to be set in the present) : 

1702414572_PlanningRoadmap.thumb.png.fe57acac15c1a09765471bcacfd9361d.png

• One spoiler-ish thing which isn’t really spoiler-ish (or is it?) is the following sentence taken directly from the “Introduction” on the opening post of the whole thread. Vanilla says, “I'm going to move into Reborn. Not my choice - the result of a dumbass' mistake, but I don't want to talk about that. At least for now, I'm willing to take Candy's suggestion of starting anew in a place no one knows.” The dumbass she’s referring to is herself.
  • Everland has the Overworld which is what the majority knows Everland for, and the Underworld which is hidden to everyone and is a place where everyone operates under the rules of survival of the fittest. The people in the Underworld support the Overworld’s extravagance by being practically enslaved to do the jobs nobody wants to do. Food is scarce in the Underworld, so cannibalism isn’t uncommon. The Underworld has several rebel groups collectively known as the Defiance, which cause much trouble to the Everland Policemen who guard the place. Each Defiance group has different goals (some just form the groups in order to obtain more resources by teamwork, while groups like King/Vanilla’s have the ultimate objective of causing a revolution and overthrowing the Queen). Both the Over and Underworlds are under the Everland Queen’s jurisdiction.
  • Vanilla (Underground nickname Eterna, 18 years old currently)
    • Looks: albino and has a small body frame. Resting bitch face (lol). In Reborn, she wears her family’s traditional bubblegum dress, which has hidden abilities such as regeneration and infinite stretching.
    • Family: noble family; descendants of Hansel and Gretel, on Hansel’s side.
    • Friends/allies: She was the only albino person of her acquaintance growing up, so she didn’t make many friends.
      • Early childhood to ~12 years old: Candy, Wolfie and Urashimataro/Kame (afterwards left for his family tradition of a perimigrage that lasts 10 years).
      • 12 to 14 years old: Candy (left Everland for Hoenn when Vanilla was 14 years old), Wolfie and Aladdin.
      • 14 to 18 years old: Wolfie, Aladdin and her Defiance group.
    • Background: She lived ignorant of the Everland Underworld (like the vast majority of Everland citizens) until Wolfie and she went down a rabbit hole. There she met King and his Defiance group, and was forced to join. She remained part of the Defiance during ages 14-18. She started off under King’s leadership but was assigned to be leader when King died. She led the group for ~8 months before its dismissal. Candy sent her a letter inviting her to flee to Reborn City, which she did.
  • Candy (21 years old currently)
    • Looks: is taller and thicker than Vanilla. Dyed her hair bright pink.
    • Family: also from Hansel’s family tree and is Vanilla’s cousin.
    • Background: left Everland at 17 years of age to have a cool experience she couldn’t have in her home country- a pokemon journey in Hoenn. While she was in Hoenn, she was reunited with Cookie, who is also a descendant of Hansel and Gretel but on Gretel’s side. She cleared the league in a year and became Hoenn champion. She lost to an unnamed boy a year later, and decided to move to Reborn City together with Cookie to launch a daycare business at the age of 19. She married to Cookie soon after.
  • Wolfie (18 years old at the time of death)
    • Looks: is a bipedal wolf with white fur but black patches here and there.
    • Family: a distant relative of the Big bad wolf. She lived in Red Riding Hood Forest with her parents. The only relation her family had was with the Leiderhosen family (aka Vanilla and Candy’s) because their castle was located just on the outskirts of the forest, and were on good terms for generations now despite the wide social bias others held against the wolves.
    • Background: Vanilla’s best friend who was also assertive because she was much smarter than Vanilla in school and out of it.
  • Aladdin (18 years old currently)
    • Looks: average-looking guy, knows little about fashion (detail not yet written in the story, and might never be who knows).
    • Family: hails from a family of high-ranking mages and witches (not nobles), but his family repudiated him.
    • Background: he grew up as a normal wizard child until the age of 6 when he should’ve shown basic magical abilities. When his family realized that he was born without magical power, they repudiated him and so he grew up with barely any affection from both his father and mother. Fortunately his nanny and other housekeepers were kind to him. At the age of 12, he was transferred to an elite school- his mother hoped that at least he could make up for his failure by studying and becoming a professional. There he struggled to make friends since everyone knew his story, but he eventually became friends with the other “rejects”, Wolfie and Vanilla in his class. At the age of ~14, he developed a crush on Jasmin, the most popular girl in his class. They became a couple when both were 17, but their relationship broke less than a year later. 6 months before Vanilla fleeing Everland, he confessed his feelings for her and became a couple.
  • Jasmin (18 years old currently)
    • Looks: is a beauty of long straight hair, which she keeps in one high ponytail.
    • Family: she’s the daughter of the Everland Police chief.
    • Background: she went out with Aladdin for a while. She is now in Everland hunting down Vanilla to bring her back to Everland for a trial.
  • The night of Wolfie’s death: one day before Vanilla fleeing Everland, she fell into an elaborate trap which resulted in the deaths of Wolfie and the majority of her Defiance group as well as the arrest of the remaining members of the group. While Vanilla and Aladdin were away to have some peace talks with another Defiance group, the Everland Police, led by Jasmin, somehow broke into their hideout. Wolfie managed to slip out of there, hoping to alert Vanilla before she returned. Wolfie asked Vanilla to take off her Eterna costume (long robe and mask to hide her identity) and wore it instead so that people would think Wolfie was Eterna if anything happened. A surprise attack by a police officer killed Wolfie, but Vanilla managed to revenge kill the officer and escape to the Overworld without witnesses.
  • The day after Wolfie’s death: on the next day, Vanilla woke up and the first thing she did was return to the rabbit hole so she could find out what happened and also recover Wolfie’s body. It was all surreal for her, and she felt as though she might have just dreamt it. Aladdin was waiting at the rabbit hole, however, and didn’t allow her to proceed. He warned her that the Police was looking on every corner to find evidence of her involvement with the Defiance.
  • Some questions that I hope you’re asking yourself (or let me ask them for you cause I'm a gud candy):
    • Who goes to Underworld and who remains in Overworld in Everland?
    • Why did King choose Vanilla as his successor?
    • Why did Wolfie disapprove of Aladdin and Vanilla’s romantic relationship?
    • Jasmin led the Everland Police when Vanilla was absent from her hideout. How did Jasmin know where Vanilla’s Defiance group hideout was and when to invade it?
    • Aladdin and Vanilla met at the rabbit hole the day after Wolfie’s death. What did they talk about?
    • What happened to Wolfie’s dead body?
    • What happened to Vanilla’s Defiance allies who were arrested by the Police?
    • Candy sent a letter inviting Vanilla to escape to Reborn City. How did Candy get to know about Vanilla’s problem in Everland, if she wasn’t there?

But today's chapter will be totes unrelated to the story's main timeline, which due to lack of writing skills I didn't know where to place but which I think is a bit important to illustrate who dis mysterious boi Aladdin is. However I don't think not reading it will affect your understanding of the rest of the story so dw if yaw find it boringo and not wanna read it~ btw if it wasn't obvious from the tone, the narrator voice is Vanilla but at 13 years of age (ie before she became Edge LordTM).

I often went to Red Riding Hood Forest on the weekends to play with Wolfie.

Candy used to be a constant member of the party in such occasions, but she gradually decreased her weekend outings as she got older and had more school work to do. It displeased me, because there was so much two could do, and so our gatherings were becoming repetitive. To make matters worse, there was no one else we could invite given that our friend Kame had just embarked on a spiritual journey - tradition of his family - and wouldn’t come back to Everland for at least a decade. Well, there was Aladdin, I guess, but his was another separate issue.

One issue with him was that his family and ours had little connection, and hence we didn’t have much reason to befriend each other outside of school. On top of that, he told us how his parents were disappointed in him for making connection with mundane beings like us instead of with the kids from other wizard families. It made me really mad when he said that, because even if Candy and I are mundane, we are nobles! We were much more important than the mage class, since we were close to the Queen. Wolfie wasn’t a noble, but she was friends with us and that made her all the more important. Somehow, Aladdin’s parents were blind to the advantages in connecting with the Leiderhosen family, but in a sense it may have been for the better. The truth was, I didn’t particularly get along with Aladdin. When we were together as a group, I didn’t mind, but I couldn’t bear the thought of being with him alone. It’s not that he does something weird to make me uncomfortable, but I don’t know, perhaps his parents casted a spell on him to make me want to avoid him. Sounds like a very elaborate plan, if you asked me.

In any case, one certain weekend in the summer of my 13th year of life, I headed to the forest alone because Candy had stayed home studying for an exam. I was walking towards Wolfie’s house, listening to the birds chirping and the trees rustling in the wind. It was a sunny but also slightly cloudy day: perfect for playing tag, though Wolfie would probably dissuade me since she would rather read a book than run around. Not that she could convince me.

I had walked for nearly half an hour, for Wolfie’s house was quite deep into Red Riding Hood Forest, when I started hearing an odd intermittent sound mixed in the forestry. The sounds were almost like an owl’s hooting, but not quite- the tone was too high to be an owl’s. So without any doubt, I allowed my curiosity to take the wheel and I walked in the direction of the hooting sounds.

Perhaps it would’ve been irresponsible for me to change course in a forest which was known for its difficulty of navigation. After all, Wolfie’s ancestors had chosen this forest as their abode because any outsider would quickly get themselves lost in the maze and hence they were safe from attacks. However, unlike the average outsider, I had confidence in my navigation skills. After all, I was Hansel Leiderhosen’s descendant, so I’d definitely find my way even if I got lost in the woods.

The source of the hooting was close by, so I slowed my walking speed. I most definitely didn’t want to scare whatever bird was making the noise.

However, when I eventually found what I was looking for, I instantly regretted being an irresponsible explorer. I immediately turned around to head the way I had come from, but the damage had already been done.

“Oh, hi,” greeted Aladdin at my back. “Are you headed to Wolfie’s?”

Having already been noticed, I had no choice but to stay. I forced a smile onto my lips, but couldn’t bring my eyes to meet his.

“H-how did you know?” I asked.

Aladdin paused and stroked his chin.

“Well, the only Everlandenne I know that lives in these woods is Wolfie, and since she is your friend, I just assumed.”

“Ah, I see. You’re not wrong,” I replied, afraid to say any more stupid things.

“Are you lost in the woods? Her house is that way,” he said, pointing to the way I had come from.

“I know,” I blurted out.

A long pause ensued as I chastised myself for not feigning ignorance and leaving at once. I still could leave, though, but my mind went high-wire on what kind of farewell to bid so I could leave without seeming rude or desperate. Aladdin’s puzzled look didn’t help either, but at least he seemed to understand that a more desirable action would be to just ignore me entirely. At last he returned to what he had been doing without asking any more questions my way.

He held both of his hands together in front of his mouth, and seemed to blow air into a small opening close to his thumbs. However, instead of the sound of air blowing, the hooting sound I had been chasing came out of the other end.

“So you had been the one making those noises,” I remarked without thinking.

Aladdin lowered his hands and looked at me again.

“Yes, I’m practicing bird language,” he explained, but somehow looked uneasy. “I’m still not good enough, but my teacher told me to keep practicing an hour every day.”

“I didn’t know mages had to be proficient in bird language,” I commented, and surprised myself at how naturally the conversation was starting to flow.

“Actually, it isn’t a requirement at all,” Aladdin clarified. “It’s just something I wanted to learn, since, you know, I don’t have magical ability.”

I was lost in his thought process, and asked him to elaborate on what learning bird language had to do with his lack of magical ability.

“Bird language is an endangered language, which only half a dozen or so people in Everland can speak,” he started. “Given that I can’t live to the expectations of my parents on the magical aspect, I hoped to impress them by speaking a language very few can.”

“That’s so cool,” I exclaimed. “I think you’re very diligent. I can’t bake for the life of me, which is probably disappointing as a member of the Leidenhosen family, but I never thought I should learn a new skill to compensate for my lack of baking skill.”

Aladdin paused to think for a moment, and then sighed.

“That’s probably because your parents don’t care much for tradition. Mine do, and they never get tired of reminding me what a mediocrity I am.”

“Don’t say that. You aren’t a mediocrity,” I said, but even I knew that just denying a statement wasn’t enough to make it false. I just didn’t know what words of consolation to give.

“Thanks, but I am a mediocrity. My parents even named me after a non-magical being who made a name for himself because he married well. Just because he got lucky. That's how little they expect from me, and honestly it’s embarrassing,” Aladdin said this much, and batted his eyes in realization. “Oh sorry, I don’t know what came over me. Forgive me for venting.”

“Eh, no no, don’t worry about it. It wasn’t a problem for me at all. Keep venting if you’d like. I have the whole morning and afternoon.”

Aladdin smiled.

“That wouldn’t do. I’m sure your friend is waiting for you,” he said.

Only then did I recall that I had been headed to Wolfie’s house. I hesitated, but mustered my courage up to ask him to join us.

“Thanks, but I’ll practice bird language a little longer,” he replied. “If I succeed in finishing the current module, then I’ll join you in the afternoon.”

We then parted ways, but Aladdin never showed up to Wolfie’s house on that day.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Corso said:

She will return as Mimikyu

I predict Aladdin will have Flying type pokemon

Good educated guesses, my fren 🙂

Fun fact: What pokemon type + one specific pokemon Aladdin uses was already revealed in the story, but I made it so subtle that y'all prolly didn't even think anything about it.