The Weatherlight

DragonRage

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you don't mind my asking, how did wire warriors come about? You don't seem like a natural creature. At the very least your not organic."

She deactivates the magnetism and goes back to looking over her body.

It was definitely interesting, living magnets, and twist ties. His apparent reverence for water. 

She wondered if she was just as much a curiosity to him as he was to her.

Blue pauses.

"The origin of my kind is lost to time.  I was however, born at the Cauldron.  A swirling well of souls and the capital of civilization, the Cauldron is a structure that would dwarf even you, and from it, all wire warriors are born, and eventually reborn."

"The city spans a size smaller than this ship, but it is very dense with Wire Warrior life, and a hatred of the Sacred True Water."

"A shame, if they could only see the beauty in serving it, in being immersed in it.  My world would be a much better place then."  He says with awe.

"My exposure to it had opened my mind to a world of beauty and purpose, unlike anything I had ever experienced.  It is only natural that I should hold the Sacred water in such high esteem, and hold a candle in my heart to share it's wonder with others."  Blue says in a tone that Snow might consider odd.

"Uhhh huh."

Was water magical in his world to? He did say that Magnets effected the minds of his kind, could water also have an effect like that? That tone bothered her a little. Perhaps she should change the conversation. 

"So do you want to help me test this body out?"

She jumps back and forth a bit experimentally.

Edited by Endlessblaze

The first thing Nader did when Alan spoke up was very nearly jump, and start to jerkily raise his arms... but it seemed that on some level, Alan's decision to make his approach loud and obvious had been a good one, because the paranoid Forenian man arrested the motion rather quickly. Then he dropped his arms back down, letting the tip of the Horsekiller once again rest against the ground, his machine-gun arm simply hanging idly once more... at least until Alan spoke, and said Sorraia arm found a new purpose: traveling up to Nader's facemask, as he slapped his armor-gloved hand to it in a facepalm.

"Ohhhh man... you're telling me that noone ever actually told you about Dysto? Ahaha... fantastic. Well, alright, get ready, because I'm going to tell you about the MASSIVE FUCKING THREAT we apparently have to deal with." Nader sighed angrily, and put his arm back down before turning his head to look Alan... probably in the eyes? It wasn't easy to tell, for obvious reasons. "Alright, so, to start from the beginning... not long into the mission with the pipeline, a gigantic bladed koala monstrosity dropped out of the sky onto Leo. I punched it right in the goddamn head, then I killed it with the Horsekiller, after which Freya revived it, but it raised questions... which Leo took it upon himself to answer.

See, on his world, he comes from this place called the Barren Kingdom. Well, there's this GIGANTIC, FLYING, BIOMECHANICAL ISLAND MADE OF GENOCIDE, MONSTERS, AND WARCRIMES THAT TRAVELS DIMENSIONS, called Dysto," Nader took a moment to quiet down his voice, "And though he ended up assuring us that it'll only use SOME of its resources for this, it wants to hunt down everyone from the Barren Kingdom, including Leo, and kill them, and we're naturally getting caught in the goddamn crossfire."

Sha'Tith walked up and down the ship, he didn't seem to be looking for anything in particular, simply making up for not exploring earlier.  After some time he found a fairly empty, dark, and quiet room.  He set the Pearl and long empty tube from his back off to one side and proceeded to curl up in the corner of the room to sleep, not the most comfortable, but at least the ground wasn't trying to actively digest him.

After mere minutes a brief flash of bright red light could be seen coming from the room he was in, visible to anyone who happened to be nearby.  Anyone who went to inspect would find the lizardman gone and both the long "Mortar Tube" from his back and the small greenish "Teleportation Pearl" still sitting on the floor in the room.

Sha'Tith leaves the Skyship Weatherlight, he leaves behing his Mortar Tube and Teleportation Pearl items.

About twenty minutes after Leo drifted off to sleep a loud *pop* and a couple soft footfalls could be heard in the room he was sleeping in.

"What in the End just happened?  and why am I not in DragonVale?  I specifically calibrated the dimensional translocator to take me to DragonVale, wait.....I bet that damn cat messed with some of my wiring again."

With a faint clattering the man took a good look around the room.  He was wearing a long rich red cloak with gold trim and hood that managed to hide his face with almost disturbing effectiveness, leaving the only real visible part of it being his long brown goatee-like beard sticking out from underneath.

He turned to face Leo(awake or asleep).

"You there, excuse me Sir, I'm sorry for waking you, but um...where exactly am I right now?"

"Tim" the Transmuter enters the Skyship Weatherlight.

Spoiler

Mortar Tube: Keep clear of the barrel.

Type: Passive

Effect: When you attack fire a mortar that deals 2d4+[Dex] damage to a different target, cooldown=4.

Teleportation Pearl: Obtained by Marisa in a blocky realm.

7 minutes ago, Powder Miner said:

The first thing Nader did when Alan spoke up was very nearly jump, and start to jerkily raise his arms... but it seemed that on some level, Alan's decision to make his approach loud and obvious had been a good one, because the paranoid Forenian man arrested the motion rather quickly. Then he dropped his arms back down, letting the tip of the Horsekiller once again rest against the ground, his machine-gun arm simply hanging idly once more... at least until Alan spoke, and said Sorraia arm found a new purpose: traveling up to Nader's facemask, as he slapped his armor-gloved hand to it in a facepalm.

"Ohhhh man... you're telling me that noone ever actually told you about Dysto? Ahaha... fantastic. Well, alright, get ready, because I'm going to tell you about the MASSIVE FUCKING THREAT we apparently have to deal with." Nader sighed angrily, and put his arm back down before turning his head to look Alan... probably in the eyes? It wasn't easy to tell, for obvious reasons. "Alright, so, to start from the beginning... not long into the mission with the pipeline, a gigantic bladed koala monstrosity dropped out of the sky onto Leo. I punched it right in the goddamn head, then I killed it with the Horsekiller, after which Freya revived it, but it raised questions... which Leo took it upon himself to answer.

See, on his world, he comes from this place called the Barren Kingdom. Well, there's this GIGANTIC, FLYING, BIOMECHANICAL ISLAND MADE OF GENOCIDE, MONSTERS, AND WARCRIMES THAT TRAVELS DIMENSIONS, called Dysto," Nader took a moment to quiet down his voice, "And though he ended up assuring us that it'll only use SOME of its resources for this, it wants to hunt down everyone from the Barren Kingdom, including Leo, and kill them, and we're naturally getting caught in the goddamn crossfire."

Alan quietly face palmed after Nader explained how Leo had somehow managed to piss off a dimension travelling genocide island, and how said island treated the rest of the party as nothing but collateral damage on its quest to try and brutally murder the...odd eyed one, and after a few moments had passed he decided to awkwardly gesture at the roof above them before he said "So essentially the mere fact that we exist on the same ship as Leo is putting us all in danger of being attacked by air dropped bears, giant fire breathing lizards. extraordinarily sneaky monkeys equipped with blades laced with contact poisons, and pretty much anything that a flying monster island could think off.". He sighed as he quietly thought of ways that this recent development could screw the entire group over, and after a few moments had passed he finally decided to continue by saying "And obviously this does not make me feel paranoid at all, because now I feel that my decision to bring a small squad of heavily armed drones everywhere with me inside of our new base is completely and utterly justified".

Alan's query about the risks of being on the same ship as Leo was met with a fairly simple answer; just as Alan lapsed into silence, Nader replied with a rather loud, fairly frustrated "YYYYYUP." Then Alan spoke again, and Nader nodded. "It'd be an idiotic move to criticize anyone for being highly heavily armed on a mission to go and help save literally everything that exists, I say. Not that I'd be criticizing anyone for being armed anyway, heh." Nader fondly patted the barrel of his Horsekiller, at this. Then he proceeded to actually look at Alan's Doombot, and at the gun that it was holding. "Oh, shit, what's this?"

Nader walked up to it, and made to extend his arms to start to examine it, but then of course the five-foot barrel of the Horsekiller proved to be somewhat obstructive for these purposes. "Ah, hell with it, give me a moment..." Nader moved his right arm to the base of his Horsekiller, and started sliding it around a bit, then detaching the large weapon. Then, he took it and carefully finagled it into a spot between the two smaller rifles, diagonal across his back. After that, he started detaching the braces and straps on the Sorraia from around his body, and detached the machine-gun itself, putting it too onto his back, in the triangular space below the Horsekiller.

Then, with his entire array of guns on his back, he stepped forwards and stooped down to examine the gun, putting his hands softly on different sides of the barrel. "Rotary, but this clearly isn't from sixty years ag-- er, it clearly isn't from 1880. There has to be some form of improvement here... so some sort of futuristic machine gun, hmm? I'll want to take a look at it, if you'll let me. Can you give me specs on this?"

Leo sits up with a groan and rubs his face.

"huh? can you repeat-"

Snow helpfully speaks up from her true body. 
"He just warped here, apparently by accident and wants to know where he is."

"Oh uh. Right. So, this is our new ship we just picked up. Some guy called doom teleported us out of our own universe's, gave us a mission to help prepare the different worlds to deal with threats, tossed us into another universe. Then we did some things and got this ship. At the moment, I believe we are still in transit between worlds."

He takes a moment to think.

"I wouldn't step outside unless you have some sort of protection."

"The others should be around here somewhere if you want to talk to them"

Lucine, not having anyone particularly available, elects to take a nap. There was no bed available, but the day had been rather exhausting, so she instead cleaned up the magic circle and curled up in that; there was one beneath her bed at home, and she was finally figuring out why. 

Lucine attempts to upgrade her Restful Repose to be more effective if the user sleeps on or near a magic circle, and then uses it.

21 hours ago, kj1225 said:

Aquila shrugs as he leads the way.

"I think she has some risen dead following her, but nothing I'd call a wraith... Anyways, she might have more running about but I would have left before then. Scared the nice witchy girl and I felt kind of awkward. Partly because I kept staring. Kind of wanted that to go unnoticed y'know?"

"I see, then little else has likely changed..." The terror knight answered as they walked, something in his voice that was.... hard to discern, "Also, witch girl? What, is there another with us besides Freya? Actually, I do believe I recall seeing...someone far too young to be fighting, earlier. Yes, yes...Do you mean her? The blonde child?"

Aquila shakes his head. He frowns deeply at the mention of Lucine.

"No, she's just a little gun even if she can call upon those guns and... really fucking bizarre outfit. Like, I'm not sure how someone is supposed to fight in that shite but I guess it's magic so I won't press the issue... Anyways, the one I'm talking about is Marisa. Black clothes, pointy hat, really attractive, a very... fine figure."

Aquila helpfully gestures to show what he means.

"Anyways, she'll probably be really uncomfortable if you meet her since she has a thing about knights. Or she won't. Either way you'll know who she is if you see her."

"Oh?" Stellio said, choosing to... gloss over the mention of the witch's figure. He was not blind, but there was more to a man than the simple functions of his biology. Even now he could still feel his wife's amulet, stone cold against his skin under the armor. Some fat good it had done her, that night in Rhime "Hmph, how... odd. She didn't seem particularly adverse when we met earlier. Come to think of it- I was thinking about exchanging some old notes for a particular tome. Though she did say she wanted to meet the rest of you lot before finalizing any deals... oh well, by now I'm sure one of you has gotten interested in that mask she had and made an offer- no big loss."

"Yes, yes, indeed it wasn't, stellio. As if the book would've changed anything anyway"

1 hour ago, Powder Miner said:

Alan's query about the risks of being on the same ship as Leo was met with a fairly simple answer; just as Alan lapsed into silence, Nader replied with a rather loud, fairly frustrated "YYYYYUP." Then Alan spoke again, and Nader nodded. "It'd be an idiotic move to criticize anyone for being highly heavily armed on a mission to go and help save literally everything that exists, I say. Not that I'd be criticizing anyone for being armed anyway, heh." Nader fondly patted the barrel of his Horsekiller, at this. Then he proceeded to actually look at Alan's Doombot, and at the gun that it was holding. "Oh, shit, what's this?"

Nader walked up to it, and made to extend his arms to start to examine it, but then of course the five-foot barrel of the Horsekiller proved to be somewhat obstructive for these purposes. "Ah, hell with it, give me a moment..." Nader moved his right arm to the base of his Horsekiller, and started sliding it around a bit, then detaching the large weapon. Then, he took it and carefully finagled it into a spot between the two smaller rifles, diagonal across his back. After that, he started detaching the braces and straps on the Sorraia from around his body, and detached the machine-gun itself, putting it too onto his back, in the triangular space below the Horsekiller.

Then, with his entire array of guns on his back, he stepped forwards and stooped down to examine the gun, putting his hands softly on different sides of the barrel. "Rotary, but this clearly isn't from sixty years ag-- er, it clearly isn't from 1880. There has to be some form of improvement here... so some sort of futuristic machine gun, hmm? I'll want to take a look at it, if you'll let me. Can you give me specs on this?"

Alan coughed and took out his commlink to try and dig out the specs for the heavy minigun that he had obtained earlier after Nader asked him a question, and he politely asked Nader to wait while he spent a few moments flipping through the entire page. After those few moments had passed he would finally decide to say "Okay so the heavy minigun we are currently looking at is an electric motor turned rotatary machinegun that fires 45 millimeter NATO rounds at a blistering rate of 800 rounds per minute....once it finishes winding up of course.".

The man quickly glanced in Snow's direction as she spoke then turned back to look at Leo.

"You're telling me that crazy shouting robot wasn't just glitching out?"

He reached up and tugged on his beard.

"If that's true then I guess I'm stuck here so I should introduce myself.  You can call me...'Tim', I am an Alchemist in my world, I specialize in Transmutation though I occasionally dabble in other forms such as Artifice or Potion making."

Snow enters a ready stance.

"Aright. Three. Two. One. GO!" 

Snow Attempts to create a bubble of force around her (Iron mana)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"An alchemist huh? Sounds handy. Im Leo, a mage. I mostly specialize in golomancy and ice magic."

Leo gestures to snow, the iron sword laying next to the bed.

"And that would be snow."

Blue attempts to wrest control over her body with his psychic grip, but the technique fails, due to the magic in the eternal ice distorting it.

That having failed, with some irritation, Blue decides to simply rush, swords pointed, but unflared.  A little poke won't do much, but it'll be good for sparring.

Freya

Just as Freya finished her little project, namely her bone swarm, she heard a knock on her door, causing her to pause from her joy of getting the job done. After a second’s hesitation, she sighed, then went over to it, letting her staff scurry off into the corner as she went over and pulled the door open a bit, popping her head out to see Aquila and Stellio standing outside. Instantly afterwards, Freya’s little frown turned into a smile at the sight of the two people she actually talked with in the group, and the two that didn’t seem to mind her magic at all, “Oh, hey, didn’t expect to see you guys. What’s up?” she asked, gaze flicking back and forth between the two knights.

Snow manages to get a barrier up around her.

Spoiler

(Level 1) (Trick) Kinetic Force Field: The user erects a field around their body made from Iron Mana, which produces Kinetic Force.  The user gains +5 RES this turn, and Rolls a RES check against all physical incoming attacks .  Lasts 2 turns, 5 turn cooldown.

And gets ready to counter attack. Waiting for Blue's blow to connect with her barrier.