E17 Story

Chin Chin

Spoiler

So as i was sitting on youtube i saw a video and realised there are 2 alternative routes, one for reshiram and one for zekrom, and the story unveiled differently for each one. I had the zekrom one , can anyone explain what are the differences and how one gets the reshiram route?

its all about you fighting taka or not. 

i did only one route, the agreeing to fight him. on the other, you meet him in the desert and he starts following you along til a place in the story. lots of dialogues and shit are missed if you do fight him tho...

Edited by Feskik

Where specifically does the path diverge, though? Does it begin with the WTC choice from E16? Or is it from E17 that the choice is made?

I'm simul-playing two reborn files,

Spoiler

and one had Reshiram while the other was Zeckrom. The Reshiram route is by far the one I'd consider the "true" route. There's just far too much interaction wit hthe characters, and especially one MAJOR change at Ameria's gym that completely changed my view of how that story goes in E17.

22 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

Where specifically does the path diverge, though? Does it begin with the WTC choice from E16? Or is it from E17 that the choice is made?

Hide contents

and one had Reshiram while the other was Zeckrom. The Reshiram route is by far the one I'd consider the "true" route. There's just far too much interaction wit hthe characters, and especially one MAJOR change at Ameria's gym that completely changed my view of how that story goes in E17.

The route you take depends on whether or not you fought Taka at WTC, but the story only diverges at the start of E17 when you enter the desert

Spoiler

Different appeared after fight/no-fight with Taka. If you don't fight him in Water Treatment Center, Taka appeared in Tourmaline. If you fight him there, he isn't appeared. Correct me if i wrong.

Edited by WestPlayer

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

There is no "true"-"false" route. The whole lot of information that is lost in Zekrom path might/probably will be offered later on in the game, since Taka stays alive.

• 4 weeks later...

For now Zekrom Route seems a lot better,by better i mean everybody keeps their cool and shit and lives etc.not storywise,infact too good too be true by Reborn standards,if you look how everyone losing their shit or their lives [LOL]in Reshiram route,this seems even more convincing,but i suspect this is just an illusion,i believe there will be reckoning in the coming episodes or a really serious twist~

We'll see.

• 2 months later...

Well, although I haven't reach this point yet, I know Reshiram is for truth and Zekrom is for ideals. Personally, I prefer ideals and that's why I'm tempted to choose his route, however, I'm not sure whether i should do it for that reason, since it appears i'd miss out on a lot.

• 1 month later...

Btw is there any one fight thats easier than the other ? Personally I picked Reshiram because I generally flock towards a more pacifist effect and didn't want to deal with Taka at the time due to me having  2 pokemon in grinding session  and my team cant even land a hit on reshiram despite having pretty good speed and being early 80s in levels 

Edited by Some guy who likes pokemon

1 hour ago, Some guy who likes pokemon said:

Also noticed do to Titania's story ,the reshiram removes sturdy

This isn't something unique to Reborn. Reshiram's ability, Turboblaze, is effectively a glorified Mold Breaker, so defensive Abilities like Sturdy and Flash Fire don't work against its attacks. The same is true for Zekrom and its Teravolt.

• 4 months later...

This is all I know about the differences until now :

Spoiler

- for Taka : if you battle him in the WTC (Zekrom), he does not appear again until the events of Agate City, where he betrays Team Meteor by freeing Ciel and Samson from them, and flees afterwards ; if you don't battle him in the WTC (Reshiram), he appears at the Train Station before you leave for the Tourmaline Desert, battles you and then follows you in the desert, then, in Titania's castle, he tries to help you against Lin, but is stabbed to death by Titania, who was thinking Lin was in the armor instead

- for Titania : the main difference for her is that she seems more cold in pre- and post-battle speech when you're in Reshiram route (oh, and her trainer's class is either Guardian Princess in Zekrom or Guardian Exile in Reshiram)

- for Amaria : like Titania, she apparently changes her behavior in pre- and post-battle speech, depending of the route you're in (she seems way more depressive in the Reshiram one), and she also have a different trainer's class (Flotsam in Zekrom, using Z-moves ; Jetsam in Reshiram, using Mega Evolutions)

Feel free to expand it if you know something else !

In ep18 there are a couple more differences

Spoiler

I have only played reshiram. In reshiram route Titania is back and is very cold with Rini, fed up of her seemingly emotionless attitude. Additionally, Sirius talks to Solaris referring to the dead son, so that dialogue will be slightly different in Zekrom I think. I don't know any other differences for sure, but I'm sure there are. However, a friend of me is starting Zekrom e18 tomorrow, so I'll tell you what other differences are

Spoiler

In Zekrom's route, Taka doesn't appear at the desert, Titania only stabs Knight!Lin but she lives afterwards and then Titania goes to Amy's gym because Lin's threats.

Amaria stays more controlled and tells you she remembers everything (even how Titania broke up with her) but doesn't blame you for it, so she lets you choose single or double battle.

She says (I may not remember this right) she's pretending so she can keep Tania with her, and the steel leader indeed stays guarding her gym leting you go alone to Calcenon. Then, in Agate, Taka releases Samson and Ciel and flees.

Spoiler

Not sure if this was changed in e18 but Amaria tries to kill us by drowning us in the Reshiram route (Tania saves us) because she thinks we are responsible for all the bad things that happened to her recently or something along those lines.