[Warning: Major Spoiler] Let's Talk About That Branching Path

Commander

• Veterans

Just my opinion but:

Spoiler

I played both routes and I do lean towards the Zekrom route more, even if people say it's boring or lack of gameplay etc. I do like Taka being alive though and since he's seen that the player is trying to help him by battling him in the WTC I feel like he'll help the player a lot in the Carnelia Region Meteor base where in the Reshiram route we find out through Taka that it may end badly for the player if they do try to tackle the Carnelia Region base. Taka dying in the Reshiram route may be the truth but imo there is no wrong choice, and we might not get much help in the Carnelia region base if he isn't around to help out.
it may be cowardly of him to stay in Meteor but only if he chooses to continue to aid them in their plans, but maybe by player helping him and knowing that he doesn't want this he may try to aid the player instead or even try to convince Solaris that Lin is corrupting team Meteor's ways while acting as a spy for us (since, player helped him out big time by battling him in the WTC, he may return the favor), which would be really brave of him to do.
I think that in the Reshiram route, player refusing to battle him made him fear the consequences of still staying in Meteor, Fearing his fathers reaction to being a constant failure and making the depressed boy even prefer death with no hope left for survival.
This may seem kinda biased, since Taka is my number one favorite character and I have a really big soft spot for ''villains'' who don't want to do or be evil, but have no choice in the matter.
Seeing him die such a horrible death in the Reshiram route made me actually cry since he didn't deserve that, but that might just be because I was having a bad day and being overly sensitive about stuff, lol.
Please believe me this is the first and only fictional character I've cried over lmao.
Him being alive in the Zekrom route doesn't mean he'll be immune to death though and i'm kinda fearful of the last two episodes to come.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Spoiler

I'm new to the forums, so hopefully I'm not in err for posting here, but I wanted to give a few thoughts.

I'm not really upset about being on the 'zekrom path' because it flies in the face of everything that Lin is proposing. Her whole deal of power over relationships and such is utterly disproved by Taka's involvement in the Water Treament Center, for example, where Titania makes the observation that the player would have no real chance to stop Meteor's machinations there without Taka's help. So it's possible that Taka's death (essentially following Lin's philosophy) would, and perhaps even should, have serious negative consequences for the future, as he should be a vital ally for the future.

The OP for example makes the case that we should have known that battling Taka was wrong because we see that Titania's decision leading up to that particular dialogue choice was wrong; however. The problem I see with that is the fact that Taka and Titania are fundamentally different. Taka is fulfilling a duty, whereas Titania is being selfish. She's afraid to lose Amaria and choosing the coward's path of appeasement whereas Taka is staying true to his duty and doing his best to steer Meteor (really, doing his best to steer his family's "priesthood") towards a properly righteous end. If he were to give up on that duty and run away from it, only then would he be fundamentally similar to Titania. So the player, what we are choosing, is to either create a situation where he continues that fight, or to create one where he takes Titania's route of appeasement and dies: He either goes all the way through with everything and faces his consequences at the end, or he commits suicide essentially and avoids true consequence while subsequently foregoing righteous ends for selfish gains. He is both Titania and Amara at the same time, it seems to me. This may not be the "true end" to me, but it should be according to the interal logic of the story. So I'm satisfied.

Spoiler

I don't really understand why people are upset with Zekrom Path. I think it's the better path of two. Taka is still alive and at least tried to stop Team Meteor and hopefully helping you in E18 since he's the last one of Team Meteor member who isn't the boss and Zero had a lot to be taken right now (hopefully we can see him in E18). And despite not having romantic feeling and tired of their relationship, Titania definitely treasure Amaria. Amaria looks more accepting to the fact that Titania will be gone from her life sooner or later. I only wish they have proper end for their relationship.

But I'm also curious about Reshiram Path too. Based on El's journal. Solaris at first doesn't care about Team Meteor, but he felt guilty of his parent's death. El sounds care about Luna and Taka, but he's not a person with healthy mind (Wait, Taka said Luna is delusional too).

What do you think will happen when they learned about Taka's death?

Maybe nothing will happened and they need to seek psychiatrist but our psychiatrist is kind of sick in head too.