If You Could Make Your Own Mega Evolution Mk. II

Lord Chespin

Hey! So, it's been ages since I was here on this forum last, and to hype myself up for Episode 17 I thought I'd revive a thread I made eons ago.

As the title of the thread suggests, this is where you can create your own Mega Evolutions. Make 'em as crazy and over-the-top as you want- anything goes! Just, uh, try to keep the joke Megas for April Fool's Day.

To start, I'll throw around an idea that I was planning on using in a fangame of my own:

Mega Silvally

Spoiler

Image result for silvally

Mega Silvally

Type: Normal*

Ability: RKS Overload (Defensively, this Pokemon is every type; identical to Pokemon Insurgence's Primal Giratina)

Base Stats:

HP: 95

Atk: 130

Def: 105

SpA: 130

SpD: 105

Spe: 105

New Available Moves: Extreme Speed (Learned through Move Relearner), Recover (Learned through Move Relearner), Multi-Attack 2.0** (Learned through Special Move Tutor)

* This typing only affects Mega Silvally's STAB options, as RKS Overload overrides it.

** This move is a Normal-type Physical Move with 10 PP, 100 Base Power, and 100% accuracy. It ignores type resistances and immunities, similarly to the ability of Mega Arceus in Pokemon Insurgence, and allows Silvally to Mega Evolve without a stone, much like Mega Rayquaza and Dragon Ascent.

So, poor Silvally was supposed to be a Jack-of-All-Trades, but thanks to disappointingly low base stats it ended up being a Master of None. The goal of this Mega was to give this Poor Man's Arceus some use outside of PU (after all, even there it's outclassed by its Pre-evolution, of all things), and to do that, it needed one hell of a buff. With its new incredible ability, it sports a whopping eight immunities and four resistances, as well as only one weakness to Rock-type attacks. That alone would be awesome, but thanks to access to a STAB Move that nothing resists, powerful priority, and Swords Dance, this thing could be hellish to face. Of course, while its bulk is now above average and its speed is pretty good, its Attack is rather low for a Mega and its speed still leaves it outsped by stuff like Greninja, Blacephalon, Latias, Latios, and Mega Diancie.

Sample Sets:

And Man Grew Proud (Sweeper)

Spoiler

Silvally @ Life Orb / Leftovers

Ability: RKS System

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Multi-Attack 2.0

- Swords Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Recover

With this set, Silvally finally becomes the threat it was meant to be. Basically, you just set up a swords dance, and then either use Multi-Attack 2.0 for stuff that resists your attacks, or Extreme Speed for everything else. Recover lets you heal up, but watch out for statuses, as each one cripples Mega Silvally. Life Orb gives all your moves a buff, but Leftovers helps Silvally stay around longer.

Feel free to let me know what you come up with!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is cool! Last thread, I had an idea for a Mega Kantonian Raichu. Since we're now reviving this thread, I'll use my next suggestion for this:

Mega Alolan Raichu

Type: Electric/Psychic

Ability: Psychic Surge

HP: 75 (+15)

Attack: 40 (-50)

Defense: 55 (+0)

Special Attack: 160 (+70)

Special Defense: 90 (+10)

Speed: 165 (+55)

BST: 485 -> 585 (+100)

If you remember from my Mega Kantonian Raichu, I made it a physical attacker with Rock Head as the ability so it could spam Volt Tackle. As such, for this version, I decided to give this one a special attacking ability. While there aren't good designs for a Mega Alolan Raichu on Google, I decided to give this Pokemon Psychic Surge as an ability in order to really emphasize it's new psychic abilities.

we'll start with a change to one that exists:

Mega gardevoir

Remove 20 from attack and put 10 points in special attack and speed each.

Now for a new mega...

Mega Scolipede

Ability: Merciless

Stat distribution

HP - 60

Attack - 115 (+15)

Defence - 89

Special Attack - 115 (+60)

Special Defence - 89 (+20)

Speed - 117 (+5)

The idea with this mega is to utilize toxic spikes and it's high speed to be a revenge killer/sweeper. Merciless will allow all moves that hit a poisoned target to crit regardless. The buff in Special attack comes for Venoshock. because why not make it broken?

Well, seems like I'll have to do god's work:

Spoiler

Mega Masquerain

Bug/Psychic

Ability: Psychic Surge

HP: 70 (no change here because megas can't change hp)

Attack: 40 (- 20)

Defense: 102 (+ 40)

Sp. Atk: 130 (+ 30)

Sp. Def: 112 (+ 30)

Speed: 100 (+ 20)

(doodle coming soon)

Highlighted moves:

Psychic, Psyshock, Stored Power, Focus Blast, Cosmic Power, Mystical Fire, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, Psywave, Psycho Shift

So I want to make Masquerain nice. Like this, Masquerain can easily threaten lots of things offensively thanksto Quiver Dance and to the death of priority, as well as thanks to the buff from Psychic Terrain to its new stabs. It also gets a wide array of coverage moves, which help it check several different threats. It's also capable of running support sets, thanks to its modestly high bulk and wide array of support moves, including Sticky Web, Defog, Mystical Fire, and more. It's a nice jack of all trades. But it still racks up quite a few weaknesses: 6 to be exct, all fairly common. But being protected from priority, taking reduced damage from Knock Off, Intimidate in its base form and many forms of reliable recovery help mitigate this.

Edited by Hycrox

Mega Mega Mewtwo XYZ & Knuckles
HP: 106 -> 106
Attack: 110 -> 210
Defense: 90 -> 135
Special Attack: 154 -> 214
Special Defense: 90 -> 155
Speed: 130 -> 160
Ability: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Makes the user impervious to all damage. Also allows the user to use 8 moves. Boosts stats by +2 each turn. The best video game to ever exist. Knuckles and Knuckles knuckle their knuckles they don't knuckle they'd flex their knuckles).
bst: 680 -> 980

Evidently, Mewtwo wasn't strong enough, so I decided the best course of action was to give its mega evolutions a mega evolution i.e. Mega Mega Mewtwo XY. However, 880 bst isn't enough so I went further beyond and turned it into Mega Mega Mewtwo XYZ & Knuckles to truly show off how powerful it has become. Not only this, combined with its ability and its new signature moves I'm about to reveal, Mega Mega Mewtwo XYZ & Knuckles will create a fair and balanced metagame for the ubers tier.

New Signature Moves: PsyKickInTheDick Base Power: 250 Hits whatever defense is lower
OMAR WAY MOE SHINYRIO Base Power: - Makes the opposing pokemon say Nani, killing them instantly
PSYCHIC net: Base Power: 10 Summons Khonjin to use gen 1 Wrap on the opponent.
Knuckles: Base Power: 999 Here I come, rougher than Knuckles The best of them, tougher than Knuckles You can call me Knuckles, unlike Knuckles I don't chuckle I'd rather flex my Knuckles I'm hard as Knuckles, it ain't hard to chuckle I break 'em down whether they're Knuckles or Knuckles Unlike Knuckles I'm independent since my first chuckle First Knuckles, feel the Knuckles, than the Knuckle chuckle
Hi, Welcome to Reborn :) Base Power: OHKO You will hear this phrase and die instantaneously.

So I'll do the obvious one:

Mega Tyrantrum
Type: Rock/Dragon
Ability: either Strong Jaw or Tough Claws
Stats:
HP - 82
Attack - 160 (+39)
Defense - 154 (+35)
Special Attack - 29 (-40)
Special Defense - 90 (+31)
Speed - 106 (+35)
Total: 621 (+100)

Just your average Mega beatstick.

New Moves: Sovereign's Fangs (Dragon-Type) 100 Power, 5 PP, 95% accuracy. Super effective on Steel types. Biting move. Makes contact. Move exclusive to Tyrantrum, learns at lvl 58 (instead of Head Smash, who can now only be accessed through Move Relearner)

Alrighty here's one I've been thinking of since Sun and Moon came out

Mega Mudsdale

Ability: Battle Armor

HP: 100 -> 100 (+0)

Attack: 125 -> 155 (+30)

Defense: 100 -> 140 (+40)

Special Attack: 55 -> 45 (-10)

Special Defense: 85  -> 125 (+40)

Speed: 35

BST: 500 -> 600

New Moves: Horn Leech (Breeding), Amnesia (Breeding), Bulk Up (TM)

(sad times no fun pictures). When Mudsdale Mega Evolves, its mud armoring on its legs extends to its entire body, forming a horned helm on its head with its dreads flowing majestically out the back.

Horn Leech finally gives it at least some sort of recovery outside of just Rest, and Bulk Up and Amnesia allow it to become even more tanky (and giving it an attack boosting move). Battle Armor gives you a way to become an incredible tank (especially if you allow yourself to get a Stamina boost before Mega Evolving), or just allowing you to not have to worry about crits (which is always nice).

Tanks

Spoiler

Mudsdale @Mudsdalite 
Ability: Stamina -> Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Amnesia  
- Horn Leech  
- Toxic/Bulk Up/Heavy Slam/Rest/Rock Slide

This basically makes you an incredibly potent special tank, even moreso after an Amnesia.

Lets use Naganadel as an example of the tank you are.

+2 252 SpA Naganadel Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mudsdale: 193-228 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mudsdale: 129-153 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91.1% chance to 3HKO As you can see, even at +2 Naganadel can't even 2HKO you through a Z-Draco into a regular Draco, while you very easily KO back with EQ.

Mudsdale @Mudsdalite

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Bulk Up

- Horn Leech

- Heavy Slam/Toxic/Rock Slide/Rest

This is basically just the sister set for the first one, sporting insane physical bulk even without boosting.

252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 165-200 (40.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Mega Hera can just barely 3HKO's you unboosted, but after a single boost it has a 1% chance to 3HKO you, while you always 2HKO it back.

252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 120-140 (29.7 - 34.6%) -- approx. 1.3% chance to 3HKO

+1 4 Atk Mudsdale Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross-Mega: 169-199 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Attacker

Spoiler

Mudsdale @Mudsdalite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Bulk Up/Heavy Slam  
- Horn Leech  
- Rock Slide

The purpose of this is to basically just kill anything, live an neutral or resisted hit, and probably KO back. It can function in or out of TR, as its natural bulk makes it able to take hits.

+1 252 Atk Mudsdale Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 187-222 (53.1 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Mudsdale Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 300-354 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
or 

+2 252 Atk Mudsdale Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Mudsdale Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 180-212 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO

I'd love to see more megas on pokemon that don't have evolutions like Lapras, Corsola (poor thing even has the worst stat total), illumise/volbeat, etc.

Mawile killed it so why not give some love to these under-used pokemon? :P

Pfft. Why give an already good 'mon a mega when you can give THE GREATEST BUG 'MON OF ALL TIME a mega. (btw love the Mega Masquerain)

MEGA KRICKETUNE

megakricketune1.jpg.f0196dc20909c91b4e4c2697012f9d3a.jpg

Ability: Adaptability

HP: 77 --> 77 (+0)

Attack: 85 --> 140 (+55)

Defense: 51 --> 51(+0)

Sp. Attack: 55 --> 30 (-25)

Sp. Defense: 51 --> 51 (+0)

Speed: 65 --> 135 (+70)

BST: 384 --> 484 (+100)

@Candy I'd totally love to make a bunch of these. It's pretty fun.

@CandyOh-my-lanta! Can I insert a soundbit? It has the greatest cry of all time!

But Krickitune is just your average bug pokemon that suffers from GameFreak-hates-bug-pokemon-syndrome. Its nothing special, but I always found it as a reliable member of my team. Especially so in Reborn considering you have access to Kricketot before Julia. And if nothing else, I atleast get a giggle from listening to it.

Edited by Dragoknight

So, everyone knows the great wall shuckle. Why not??

mega.png.849ac48f4c27ca263e52f7b6b085f138.png

Mega Shuckle

So, here it is! The Mega form of Shuckle.

Type: Bug/Steel

Ability: Huge Power

New Moves: Brick Break (at Lvl 35), Iron Tail (at Lvl 40), Iron Head (at Lvl 55), Drill Run (at Lvl 60).

Mega Stone: Shucklite

Stats: 

HP: 20 = 20

Atk.: 10 -> 73

Def.: 230 -> 255

Sp.Atk.: 10 -> 1

Sp. Def.: 230 -> 255

Spd.: 5 -> 1

• Use a Trick Room and try out this beast. Nothing more, I'll say.
  • It gains more defenses due to its rocky parts turning into steel because of its slow movement. To compensate, it's arms are now long and arm-like but more flexible. Even if it's seen moving, either you're hallucinating or you saw it's position changed due to its own boredom of staying in the same place for a long time. It moves by taking a few very, very slow dragging steps once in a year.
Edited by BRS swag

I would redo Mega Absol's design because I hate it so much. Why does its new scythe look like a blob? What is the point of it having wings? 

I'm no artist, but I'd make Absol's scythe the focal point of the new Mega, accentuating it with steel to make it a Dark/Steel type. 

Orrrrrrr if y'all insisted to keep it's whimsy wings, make Absol Dark/Fairy at least. 

Edited by bamboozler

8131-Mega-Lapras.png

Mega Lapras

Type: Water/Ice
Ability: Safe Travels - As long as this Pokemon is on the field, at the end of every turn, the field is cleansed of hazards, the opposing party's evasion is lowered by 1 stage, and the opposing party loses their Screens/Safeguard. (Essentially, automatic Defog at the end of every turn)
New Moves: Calm Mind (TM)
HP: 130
Atk: 85
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpA: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 60 -> 90 (+30)
BST: 535 -> 635 (+100)

Mega Lapras takes on the role as the leading ship of a mighty armada! With its new ability, Safe Travels, it becomes a premier defogger! But wait, there's more! The automatic Defog means that Mega Lapras' accuracy is essentially constantly boosted, which opens a lot of options that would previously be regarded as unreliable, such as Thunder, Zap Cannon, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, and maybe even Iron Tail! Its new TM, Calm Mind, allows it to capitalize on the newfound niche and become a dangerous late-game sweeper! Its new bulk also grants it fearsome endurance, almost matching that of Cresselia's.

In its essence, Mega Lapras is an improved Cresselia that gears more toward the offensive.

Unfortunately, Mega Lapras also sees a few problems that bar its path to stardom. For one, its middling speed leaves it prone to fast attackers, making a 4-Attack/3-Attack+Rest or CM hard to utilize, unless given Sticky Webs support. For another, while its special attack is passing-grade, it being a Mega means that it starts off unboosted. In spite of all the high BP moves Lapras is likely to throw out, it may prove to be an attacker that falls short without the aid of CM. Lastly, while its defensive stats as well as its speed are fantastic for a tank, the lack of reliable recovery means that it will have to utilize Rest often.

As for teammates, teammates that appreciate the removal of hazards benefit the most from Lapras' Safe Travels, such as Volcarona, Alolan Ninetales, Dragonite, Kyurem-Black, and Blacephalon. Teammates that can deal with Lapras' weaknesses are also much welcome, such as Landorus-T (Fighting-types, Rock-types, and Electric-types) and Decidueye (Grass-types, Fighting-types, Electric-types). Lastly, Pokemon that offer Sticky Webs support helps offensive Mega Lapras greatly. Tapu Fini also gets a special mention for granting Mega Lapras protection from status.

Sample Sets:

The Icebreaker (Offensive CM)

Spoiler

Lapras @ Laprasite
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunder / Zap Cannon
- Blizzard  
- Calm Mind

Water Absorb is the preferred pre-mega ability, due to the water immunity that it grants.

Max speed attempts to salvage Mega Lapras' mediocre Speed stat, while 252 EVs in Special Attack allows it to deal meaningful damage. If Sticky Webs support is given, you may consider opting for a Modest Nature instead.

Hydro Pump is the most reliable move in the entire set, sporting a perfect accuracy after just one Defog, and is likely the move that you'll be clicking the most. Thunder and Blizzard, on the other hand, only hits a passable 87.5% accuracy after one Defog, and would need another to hit perfect accuracy. For those who would like to live dangerously, you may consider trying Zap Cannon, which requires a grand total of three Defogs to hit perfect accuracy, though two Defogs provide it with 83.3% recurring accuracy. Lastly, Calm Mind grants it the power it desperately needs to abuse its newfound powers effectively.

I swear I'm not a blue, seafaring Cresselia! (Defensive CM)

Spoiler

Lapras @ Laprasite
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Rest  
- Sleep Talk  
- Frost Breath  
- Calm Mind

A niche, yet effective set that capitalizes on Mega Lapras' fantastic bulk. With max defense, Calm Mind, and Rest, it's able to excel in its role.

RestTalk is staple for this set, allowing it to remedy annoying Toxic and maintain a less-passive presence on the battlefield. Frost Breath allows it to beat opposing Calm Mind users, due to it always landing critical hits. Furthermore, its less-than-perfect accuracy is fixed after just one Defog. And lastly, Calm Mind is its setup move of choice.

Where's your Mega Klinklang up in this

Klinklang: Steel -> Steel
HP: 60

Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 115 ->125 (+10)

Sp.A: 75 -> 15 (-60)

Sp.D: 85 -> 95 (+10)

Speed: 90 -> 110 (20)

Made the drops and boosts nice and even. Notable Moves are Earthquake and Iron Head, Earthquake for steels and fires, and Iron Head for a more accurate stab! This is mainly designed to further augment it's Shift Gear sweeping capabilities in a balanced way. While it remains a singular steel type, it only has to deal with 3 weaknesses and the extra bulk, attack, and speed only allow it to set up easier! It has no recovery which limits it but hey, this has to be balanced in some way amiright guys : ^)

I love how IntSys is the only one taking it seriously.

Say hello to my little friend...

MEGA PALOSSAND

Zb0w7xY.jpg

Type: Ground / Ghost

Ability: Sand Stream

Stats

HP: 85

Atk: 75 --> 65 (-10)

Def: 110 --> 135 (+25)

SpA: 100 --> 145 (+45)

SpD: 75 --> 100 (+25)

Spe: 35 --> 50 (+15)

Palossand used to be a little guy who got the short end of the stick. Too slow, not bulky enough, and certainly not dealing enough damage to make the cut. It's almost ironic to be a sad sandcastle. Sometimes looking at the shore, he embraced the sea hurting him, because he thought to endure pain means to endure life. But he wasn't aware of his true potential. All he had to do was believe in himself. Find out who he really is and what his purpose is. And once he looked deep inside his tortured dead soul, he found out how to turn his weakness into power. And thus he became stronger.

Mega Palossand is not your everyday mega. He can't set-up, and it's hard to support. He is as defensive as it gets.

His newfound ability in Sand Stream does what all tanks need: chip damage. Not only that however, since Palossand has "Shore Up" which shore is just another form of Recover, right? Well, no. Under sand, Palossand can recover up to 75% of his health, meaning this sand castle gets to stay alive much longer. At least long enough to fend off the pursuers trying to invade it. After all, it still has 5 weaknesses it would very much like to balance out.

I gave 'im stats good enough to satisfy mega standards, yet not obscure enough not to know where I am going with them. Truth be told, he doesn't have too many tools to use, but he does have what he needs to accomplish basic goals, possibly in a tier lower than OU. The now great SpA stat, coupled with dual STAB and coverage options in Psychic, Energy Ballz, Sludge Bomb and... Infestation , all provide good options for different sets given the player has imagination. 

The defenses are naturally boosted, since the main focus is to create a CASTLE. A Building that serves to protect its people. I didn't want to exaggerate since I am optimistic pokemon will become balanced again, so I gave him a nice even +25 to both of them. 

You might also have noticed I boosted the speed a bit. Yes, I removed 10 from Atk (which was useless) and gave it to another nearly useless stat, here Speed. However, I didn't just mess up with the pokemon. I gave it options. Palossand could utilize Rock Polish if it wanted to, and not worry about Marowaks and Conkeldurrs or (at least too much) about a Clefable and similar blobs. He is his own man, and a man wants to have options. It makes no difference if you still want to play safe with it, by using 2 or 3 attacking moves, the obligatory Shore Up and a support move. Yet, it's nice to see a pokemon be able to fill more than 1 role (looking at you other megas... okay specifially Manectric, and Slowbro, and Steelix, and Salamence and... ok you get the point). Just like in real life, not all castles are the same. They don't need to be. Especially sandcastles, that ought to be flexible. 

When a child plays in the sand, they make their sandcastle based on their imagination. If your imagination goes the extra mile, you now have the appropriate pokemon to show the world how creative you can be.

~ In a world full of Blacephalons, don't be afraid to be a Palossand. ~

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this thread seems to be kind of quiet right now, so allow me to fix that!

Mega Komola

Spoiler

Image result for komala

(Yes the artwork is a joke, but I couldn't find anything else; the stats and stuff are real, though. I'll change it if anyone finds anything better.)

Type: Normal/Fairy

Ability: Comatose

Stats:

HP: 65

Atk: 135 (+20)

Def: 95 (+30)

SpA: 75

SpD: 95

Spe: 115 (+50)

So, Komala's ability to be completely and utterly immune to status effects gives it the potential to be an outstanding physical wallbreaker, with no way to cripple it after it starts its sweep other than just whacking away at it. Unfortunately, this was undermined in practice by 1) its average-at-best bulk and 2) its absolutely pathetic speed. This Mega seeks to remedy that, giving it increased speed and bulk, as well as slightly more power (not that it needs much, as its regular attack is higher than Kommo-o's). Its Fairy-typing helps it to beat the Ghost- and Rock-types that would wall it, as well as give it perfect coverage alongside Earthquake.

No Struggles, Only Dreams Now... (Swords Dance)

Spoiler

Komala @ Komalite

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Return

- Play Rough

- Earthquake

Pretty simple stuff. Set up Swords Dance on a predicted switch, then plow through the foe's team with your coverage moves. Not much else to say, really.

The Sandman (Bulk Up)

Spoiler

Komala @ Komalite

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Bulk Up

- Wish / Return

- Play Rough

- Earthquake

A bulkier take on Mega Komala, the goal here is to set up a Bulk Up on a predicted switch, then steadily accumulate more boosts as you plow through the foe's team. Wish gives you semi-reliable recovery, but Return can be used if you don't need it. Play Rough and Earthquake have perfect coverage, so they're non-negotiable.

I really love this fan art of Mega Girafarig, but I would design them differently than in the original creator's description:

Mega Girafarig

Mega Girafarig

Normal/Psychic

Ability: Duality

The user attacks twice. The second attack hits for 50% base power and counts as the opposite damage category (Physical or Special) to the first attack.

Example: If you use Psychic, a Special attack, the second attack will be treated as Physical and hit for 50% damage.

HP 70 (+0)

Attack 80 -> 105 (+25)

Defense 65 -> 80 (+15)

Special Attack 90 -> 105 (+15)

Special Defense 65 -> 80 (+15)

Speed 85 -> 115 (+30)

6ee9115aa84699565bde633596b19b02.jpg

Mega Shiftry

Type: Grass/Dark

Ability: Kamikaze - A Tailwind kicks up on the user's side upon their entry, lasting four turns. (Can't override a preexisting Tailwind)
HP: 90
Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)

SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Spe: 80 -> 100 (+20)

BST: 480 -> 580 (+100)

The wicked guardian, Shiftry, taps into the divinity befitting for a shinto god, and summons heavenly winds to turn the tide of the battle!

Mega Shiftry is a peculiar Pokemon that excels exceptionally at one thing - cleaning up. While its stats are all over the place, it possesses an incredible ability in Kamikaze, carving it an incredible niche in Multi formats and turning it into a short-lived sweeper. Its impressive mixed offenses allows it to run either a special sweeping set with Nasty Plot or a physical sweeping set with Swords Dance, with both packing serious destructive potentials! On the other hand, in Multi formats, it provides Tailwind with a click of a button, guaranteeing its set up (can't be shut down by Taunt).

Outside of cleaning up, it may also be an emergency stop against opposing weather sweepers that take advantage of their abilities boosting speed under certain weathers, such as Excadrill and Kingdra.

Unfortunately, Tailwind's short duration greatly limits its ability to sweep, meaning that once it's done setting up a SD or a NP, it would have between two to three turns of Tailwind left, and this further faces issues with opponents capable of simply stalling the turns away, mainly those packing the dreaded Protect. Its typing also leaves it vulnerable to a variety of priority moves, such as Mach Punch, Ice Shard, and opposing Mega Pinsir's Aerilate-boosted Quick Attack, which may all spell doom for the heavenly Tengu.

All in all, Mega Shiftry is a transformation / bastardization of Speed Boost sweepers, presenting more options but much less longevity.

As for allies, it's mostly anything goes, as you wouldn't want to bring it out so early in the battle. Though, in regards to anti-priority, Tapu Lele is the ideal partner for Mega Shiftry, with its Psychic Terrain shielding it from nasty priority moves. Pokemon with pivot moves also make great allies for Mega Shiftry, allowing it to make its grand entry more easily.

Sample Sets:

Tora! Tora! Tora! (Nasty Plot Sweeper)

Spoiler

Shiftry @ Shiftrite 
Ability: Early Bird  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Nasty Plot  
- Leaf Storm / Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse  
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire

Early Bird is the "preferred" ability if only because it's the only one that offers something to Mega Shiftry, even if that something is almost moot.

A Modest Nature is preferred to further amplify Mega Shiftry's power, but a Timid Nature with 160 Speed EVs is required to outspeed Excadrill under sandstorm (running a set like this one would allow you to distribute the remaining EVs to HP, increasing bulk).

Nasty Plot is the setup move of choice, skyrocketing Mega Shiftry's power. Leaf Storm provides Mega Shiftry with a lot more immediate power, while Energy Ball doesn't compromises Mega Shiftry's already-poor longevity. Dark Pulse is simply its second STAB option. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Shiftry to hit mainly Steel-types for big damage, but Hidden Power Fire may also be considered to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn more reliably.

Dirty Guardian (Swords Dance Sweeper)

Spoiler

Shiftry @ Shiftrite
Ability: Early Bird  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Low Kick / Sucker Punch / Explosion
- Leaf Blade  
- Knock Off

What went for the Nasty Plot Sweeper set goes for here as well. Adamant for more power, but Jolly with 160 Speed EVs can be used to outspeed Excadrill under sandstorm.

Swords Dance is the setup move of choice here, capitalizing on Shiftry's strongest stat. Leaf Blade and Knock Off are the STAB moves of choice. What's more interesting is the second slot, though. It can run Low Kick in order not to get walled by Bisharp and Steel/Fairies of all things. Sucker Punch allows you to OHKO Excadrill at +2 while disregarding speed, allowing you to run Adamant freely. It also has the added benefits of beating Mega Pinsir (as long as you make the opponent think that you're not running Sucker Punch). And lastly, Explosion lets Shiftry nab one last OHKO against something that may otherwise outlast it with ease, such as Mega Venusaur.

What I could've done is giving Shiftry access to U-turn (and honestly it would fit perfectly), but I'd like it to be the one thing keeping Shiftry away from glory. Having access to U-turn would mean being able to "pass" the Tailwind more safely in Singles, and it would still want to use it to ride the winds and escape from the battlefield as the Tailwind nears its end. The main difference this makes is that it gives Mega Shiftry much more flexibility.

So, what do you guys think?