Pokemon Glory (in development once again)

Swamp King

Pokémon Glory

5a21dea9e68fb_PokemonGlorycover.png.3f775a42ae762cf287b1b17d0b26350a.png

Hello fellow Pokefans! I am Swamp  King and together with Groniack we are working on a project called “Pokemon Glory”. This is an ambitious project since we are planning to create a whole new pokedex with fakemon so if we take into account the limited time both me and groniack have, the game will be progressing quite slowly. But we certainly aim to put lots of work on it. So let’s get to the main topic!

In Ankor region, in a small town called Mamousian Town, our hero lives their life in peace while aspiring to be a great Pokemon trainer. The right time comes and the MC is free to realize their dream. But the Ankor region is not as peaceful as it seems. Many shady characters aim to achieve their goals not taking into consideration the consequences of their actions to the other world. But what happens when the aspiration for glory overshadows anything else? Is it worth it to become glorious while giving up everything else? A balance is a must in the world and the preservation of it is essential. What will the hero’s role be in the upcoming events?

Features:

A whole new Pokedex full of new Fakemon

Custom Field effects

Trainer class*

Not a Fairy Type but Light type instead with little differences

Custom Moves, Abilities and some items

·         Trainer Class:

Spoiler

You heard right! The trainer will be taking part in the battles (sometimes). There will 4 Trainer classes. Evader, Enforcer, Racer and Defender and each of these classes will be having an effect in battle.

Evader: The trainer once in a while will be issuing a command to his Pokemon in order to dodge an attack.

Enforcer: The trainer once in a while will be issuing a command to his Pokemon in order to make an attack more powerful.

Racer: The trainer once in a while will be issuing a command to his Pokemon in order to make it gain priority in its move.

Defender: The trainer once in a while will be issuing a command to his Pokemon in order to withstand an attack better than normally.

A command by an Evader will be issued less frequently than the other three commands

The possibility of a command to be issued is increased with the trainer’s skill.

Skill is a new stat that the trainer gains. You can increase your skill by battling other trainers (like how EV’s are gained but only if you fight against a trainer) or by using skill points (which is an item). Each trainer can have multiple classes, but an investment in one class is recommended.

We will be posting some spoilers bellow if you don’t want to spoil yourselves, don’t click!

MC:

Spoiler

MCs.png.fcbef51c23a3d0e7afbedd3cfd7498c1.png

Pokedex:

Starters:

Spoiler

Caleaf:

Spoiler

Caleaf.png.d60c96634e30207ef39c0f2f0b4cc151.png

Grass-Type

The Cub Pokemon

Its big ears were developed so as to keep track of every single sound on its surroundings. It can blend really well with its environment avoiding any danger.

Bearleaf:

Spoiler

bearleaf.png.dd660dd7cdec3540f56d6fda548b98aa.png

Grass+Rock-Type

The forest bear Pokemon

It becomes aggressive upon evolving. Now whenever it hears an unfamiliar sound, it rushes to the direction of the sound with bad intentions.

Beawrecker

Spoiler

5a7b1a6b0a167_pokemon3.png.7c88135ab70995be1f2ac1e1bab3186e.png

Grass+Rock-Type

The forest bear Pokemon

The more damaged their spikes, the most brutal fights they have faced! They can create caves by just using their hands.

Penguson:

Spoiler

penguson.png.e6c56b91e9b845ce398929f562b89b2e.png

Water-Type

The Baby penguin Pokemon

It's dream is to fly one day. It is said that the bigger its beak, the more respected it is from its kind.

Pengufon

Spoiler

pengufon.png.6abc78024ec4f78057353a253f80cbd0.png

Water+Flying-Type

The Flying Penguin Pokemon

The dream of all penguins was to fly. Pengufons made that dream come true.

Pengriffon:

Spoiler

5a7b1efdedd67_Pokemon9.png.eabf7f1b4f595fec035fe4aa31abdb71.png

Water+Flying-Type

The Griffin pokemon

Pengriffons are pokemon guardians. It is said that Apollo, the god of the sun, has them guard his treasures.

Bebember:

Spoiler

5a21dcbe094cc_pokemon4.png.255c8cb4ffb2dd28118847454f101447.png

Fire-Type

The baby dragon Pokemon

It's generally a lazy Pokemon that loves loafing around. When it gets angry though, the temperature of its body rises a lot reaching really high levels!

Comozaur:

Spoiler

5a7b19dfbf333_pokemon5.png.1c13527b8756cc28bc7587c08d099c65.png

Fire + Dragon-Type

The Comodo Dragon Pokemon

During summer period, it descends from the mountains and sunbathes at the beach. They usually are quiet pokemon but when they get angry, they melt whatever stands in their way.

Blazaur:

Spoiler

5a7b1fea118a0_pokemon6.png.6ea31997422ff848544152597c3cbcd4.png

Fire + Dragon-Type

The Comodo Dragon Pokemon

The closest relative of dinosaurs. Its stamina and physical strength helps it travel around the world and survive in almost every environment.

Other Pokemon

Spoiler

Happo:

Spoiler

5a282dc21e476_pokemon10.png.1bedfd853c2dd8a4bd7dcd1117a15456.png

Ground+Normal-Type

The happy hippo pokemon

It lives in places where a variety of other pokemon live. It is way too friendly and often it becomes the centre of attention when something funny is happening.

Woodlog:

Spoiler

image.png.711b83536dc37a1f85e324dbd96285a6.png

Grass+Dark-Type

The Log Pokemon

It gathers energy during the day and moves during the night. It loves to scare other pokemon or humans that think it is a log, especially during a silent night.

Sirwood:

Spoiler

image.png.b5e15813f90e9c153b4df2b3f4e1fe15.png

Grass+Dark-Type

The Log Pokemon

They travel in large groups and are often accompanied by other pokemon which enjoy the shade they provide.

Entwood:

Spoiler

image.png.06706434aa4043b8b0cb10b4755f5288.png

Grass+Dark-Type

The Ent Pokemon

Entwoods are wise pokemon that have lived for centuries. Many ninjas use them in order to spy due to their ability to blend with nature and conceal their pressence.

Omnifox:

Spoiler

image.png.71d9b9e437112d10c6c731efeaf37d9d.png

Grass+Normal-Type

The forest Fox Pokemon

With its sharp ears, omnifox can detect any kind of danger and protect itself from it. It is a really cautious pokemon and prefers isolated and shady places.

Espewolf:

Spoiler

image.png.65e9b7d049746937077f43fc461e0174.png

Grass+Psychic-Type

The Forest wolf Pokemon

A lone wolf. It is said that if you hear its howls at midnight, something bad has happened or is about to happen.

Frogun

Spoiler

image.png.2927ea32daa023bb5a873f2a7b26e43b.png

Water-Type

The Frog Pokemon

Swamp is his domain. There it can live as a king. If an intruder comes to its swamp, it observes him behind the tall grass waiting for an oppening.

Kalikatzar

Spoiler

image.png.6fd381ea8b437e4efd8f4fdbe79c9c50.png

Flying+Dark-Type

The Flying Rat Pakemon

A very cunning pokemon. During Christmas or Halloween it steals candy from children!

Lizara

Spoiler

image.png.99d52504f34829bec1f41d3c8f01884e.png

Rock+Dark-Type

The Therizinosaurus Pokemon

From its birth it has been gifted with very big and sharp claws. While still young it tests its power by scratching whatever is around it. Due to this habit, many Lizaras end up with broken claws.

Dislash

Spoiler

image.png.8d251f502c5fb2bb1dab9cf9218e8686.png

Rock+Dark-Type

The Therizinosaurus Pokemon

Dislash was a fearsome hunter during the ancient times. Its claws, fast legs and the ability to see during night time was the main reason every pokemon was on alert while walking in the dark.

Hornino

Spoiler

image.png.264f56649878e59741c39435975ee1d5.png

Rock+Ice-Type

The Ancient Rhino Pokemon

This pokemon used to live in arctic tundras, where no other living being could withstand the cold.

Arcrino

Spoiler

image.png.eddb1f95962a01002d531c1b59b5cbcc.png

Rock+Ice-Type

The Ancient Rhino Pokemon

Because of the freezing environment it used to live, it developed fur to minimize the cold. With its strong horns, it used to create caves on rocks so as to sleep at night.

Screenshots: Not available yet!

The Team

Swamp King

Groniack

Uberle

Edited by Swamp King
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ssbCasper said:

Finally! I have been waiting for you guys to reveal your project since you guys helped me get mine going. Love the unique features and looking forward to seeing even more Fakemon and the changes to the Light type. 

I am also excited for your project! Let's do our best all of us!

3 minutes ago, StoicStone said:

You had me at "no Fairy type". I'll make sure to follow the project. Keep up the good work.

Well actually Light is also super effective against dragon and dark... But the good thing is that Dark is also super effective against Light :P

3 minutes ago, Seal said:

I like Peguson

I am glad you like it! What do you think of the other two?

This has potential, but please don't release it with anything like those starter sprites. Or the one on the start screen. Not to be rude, but this is legit advice. If your game's main selling point is new pokemon, then if the pokemon are bad, what does your game have to offer? Interesting mechanics I guess, but you'd be surprised how much bad sprites can turn someone off about a game. 

3 hours ago, Dante52 said:

Good luck! I'll be keeping an eye out!

Thanks but it will take some time since there are many things to be done. I hope you stick with us until the first release.

3 hours ago, uberle said:

I will catch that cover mon and name it Buckbeak 

Good luck, I'll be watching out for this.

It is a great Pokemon! I personally like it a lot too!

3 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

This has potential, but please don't release it with anything like those starter sprites. Or the one on the start screen. Not to be rude, but this is legit advice. If your game's main selling point is new pokemon, then if the pokemon are bad, what does your game have to offer? Interesting mechanics I guess, but you'd be surprised how much bad sprites can turn someone off about a game. 

So you don't like the sprites :(  I personally thought they were decent... But ok there is always room for improvement and if we receive similar feedback then we will probably put some further work on the sprites.

Since I'm sure sprites will be a big point of discussion here once more people view the post I'll jump on the topic now. I think the mascot looks pretty sick, the starters have all the main pillars of a good fakemon, color, shading, proportions. My only problem is they may be a bit bland? With that being said I would like to remind people that good fakemon ideas and models don't just appear out of thin air (Uranium was in development for years upon years after all and a handful of their sprites are still subject to scrutiny.) So if this was the quality of all the Pokemon come the first release I'd be fine with that personally, I am sure that overtime you guys will get substantially better, I know the difference between my team's first and most recent fakemon is astronomical. Hope you guys can get something out of this and be prepared for all the incoming feedback and criticism. Cheers! 

11 hours ago, Swamp King said:

So you don't like the sprites :(  I personally thought they were decent... But ok there is always room for improvement and if we receive similar feedback then we will probably put some further work on the sprites.

I shouldn't have said that. The sprites aren't terrible, but they're not good either. I guess for a first release they're alright. My bad for coming off so rude.

Since people are talking about sprites I'll jump in here.

I like the sprites, they're good, but there is a small problem I can see.

They don't really have a variation in color.

All 4 of the mons shown are almost entirely a single color of different shades

For example, the cover Legend is completely blue minus its beak and horns which is a bit underwhelming for a Pokemon of its position.

The starters are ok as they are, but maybe a bit more work with Caleaf as it's a whole lot of green in one space.

Assuming their evolved forms are more color diverse I think you'll be good

4 hours ago, ssbCasper said:

Since I'm sure sprites will be a big point of discussion here once more people view the post I'll jump on the topic now. I think the mascot looks pretty sick, the starters have all the main pillars of a good fakemon, color, shading, proportions. My only problem is they may be a bit bland? With that being said I would like to remind people that good fakemon ideas and models don't just appear out of thin air (Uranium was in development for years upon years after all and a handful of their sprites are still subject to scrutiny.) So if this was the quality of all the Pokemon come the first release I'd be fine with that personally, I am sure that overtime you guys will get substantially better, I know the difference between my team's first and most recent fakemon is astronomical. Hope you guys can get something out of this and be prepared for all the incoming feedback and criticism. Cheers! 

4 hours ago, uberle said:

Since people are talking about sprites I'll jump in here.

I like the sprites, they're good, but there is a small problem I can see.

They don't really have a variation in color.

All 4 of the mons shown are almost entirely a single color of different shades

For example, the cover Legend is completely blue minus its beak and horns which is a bit underwhelming for a Pokemon of its position.

The starters are ok as they are, but maybe a bit more work with Caleaf as it's a whole lot of green in one space.

Assuming their evolved forms are more color diverse I think you'll be good

Thank you! You made great points! In a few days we will be updating the starter sprites while adding some further details on them.

4 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

I shouldn't have said that. The sprites aren't terrible, but they're not good either. I guess for a first release they're alright. My bad for coming off so rude.

Nah don't worry! You said your opinion and that is what a developer wants. If everyone was saying that the sprites were flawless without them actually being, then we wouldn't be able to tell that they needed a little more work. By the way, I didn't think your comment was rude in the first place!

1 hour ago, ssbCasper said:

@Swamp King Looking better! I do enjoy the little details like the paws. Can I ask what all of the starters (or whatever they are) are based off of?

Glad you liked it! And you guessed right, these 3 are the starters.

Now, to answer your question, here is some info about them.

caleaf: (cub + leaf... I know it should have been culeaf but we turned it to caleaf because it sounded better)  It's based off of a bear. Its big ears were developed so as to keep track of every single sound on its surroundings. It can blend really well with its environment avoiding any danger.

penguson: (penguin + son) It's based off of a penguin. It's dream is to fly one day. It is said that the bigger its beak, the more respected it is from its kind. I won't give any details about the tail because it will spoil some things :)

bebember: (baby + ember) It's based off of a fire dragon. It's generally a lazy pokemon that loves loafing around. When it gets angry though, the temperature of its body rises a lot reaching really high levels!

You mean the final stages?

By the way, we updated the Pokedex!

Meet Happo the happy hippo pokemon (it has a weird tail for a hippo but don't pay attention to such trivial matters)

So here it is

Spoiler

5a282eaaa5063_pokemon10.png.53ba019d693135e2fade262b86c5965b.png

Edited by Swamp King

1 hour ago, uberle said:

Haven't checked for a bit, but I saw the new starter sprites and they look much better than before.

Thanks! We updated only the grass one. Do you believe the other ones need some redesigning as well?

MORE INFO ABOUT THE TRAINER CLASS FEATURE

(If you haven't checked the first post about this feature, please check it before this one)

Spoiler

As mentioned before, there will be a new feature in our game, trainer class.

Trainers will also gain a stat after a pokemon battle! We call that stat skill. You can gain skill in 4 different categories as stated in the first post.

The more skilled the opponent trainer, the higher the chance for you to gain skill.

Yeah, you heard that right, opponent trainers will have skill as well! This will make battles more interesting (I personally didn't like the fact that affection was only applied to us in Sun and Moon... It was unfair for our opponents!)

Powerful trainers such as Gym leaders will have a lot of skill!

If you are lucky, you can issue multiple commands in the same turn, but only one per class.

Your Class Skill will be displayed at your Trainer Card.

I would like you to give me your opinion about this feature. If you have any questions about it, please ask. Me and Swamp King would gladly respond!

7 minutes ago, groniack said:

Thanks! We updated only the grass one. Do you believe the other ones need some redesigning as well?

My bad. I thought the fire one was also redesigned, but turns out not.

But yeah, the grass is better than before.

As said before I think the other two are good.

Though being honest Penguson might need a redraw.

Bebember is good as is.