Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Missing Officer

PhinnDiesel

Question

I apologize if I'm writing this in the wrong spot, but I have no idea where to post this problem, seeing this is my first time posting. I'm trying to go back to find the missing officers and I have 4/5 and no Chief. I scoured every inch of the forests between Beryl and Jasper Ward and still come up missing one. I have 7 badges and wanted to get that egg but I can't seem to locate the missing officer after completing that Pulse machine back when. 

13 answers to this question

The first police officer is in a building in Jasper Ward, held off by a Meteor grunt. You need to go through Malchous Forest to reach that area.

The second is in the street behind the police station and can be talked to after clearing the Jasper PULSE. Impossible to miss.

The third one is in a cave in the Rodochrine Jungle.

The fourth one is found dead in a small room in the Beryl library. There's a Growlithe staring down a hole. Talk to it.

The fifth one is found held off by a Meteor grunt in a building just before Beryl's PULSE.

Good luck finding the one you're missing!

29 minutes ago, Alistair said:

The first police officer is in a building in Jasper Ward, held off by a Meteor grunt. You need to go through Malchous Forest to reach that area.

The second is in the street behind the police station and can be talked to after clearing the Jasper PULSE. Impossible to miss.

The third one is in a cave in the Rodochrine Jungle.

The fourth one is found dead in a small room in the Beryl library. There's a Growlithe staring down a hole. Talk to it.

The fifth one is found held off by a Meteor grunt in a building just before Beryl's PULSE.

Good luck finding the one you're missing!

I have already searched those areas (by looking at other topics). I see no grunts when I go back to those areas. The Growlithe I once talked to is back at the station and just "rawrs" at me haha. I also heard that progressing so far into the story, specifically Noel (who I just beat) can render the search obsolete... Do I have to start a new game to get that egg?

I didn't know there was a point of no return for that quest... but if it's the case, then yes, I'm afraid you'll have to restart if you really want that egg =/

On a side note, only a couple of the mons you can get from it are exclusive to the egg, for instance Larvesta and Axew. Most of them can be caught later. So, I don't think it's really worth it to restart just to get an egg that will produce something you could otherwise have caught anyway.

But it's up to you ofc ;)

14 hours ago, Alistair said:

I didn't know there was a point of no return for that quest... but if it's the case, then yes, I'm afraid you'll have to restart if you really want that egg =/

On a side note, only a couple of the mons you can get from it are exclusive to the egg, for instance Larvesta and Axew. Most of them can be caught later. So, I don't think it's really worth it to restart just to get an egg that will produce something you could otherwise have caught anyway.

But it's up to you ofc ;)

can you tell me all the pokemon exclusive to the mystery egg currently cause i want to get some of the exclusive pokemon for my pokedex by either trading or soft reseting my friends save file he gave me

@PhinnDiesel @Swampellowyou can get the egg even after beating noel. it is only after entering agate circus can you no longer obtain it. 

Edited by Iron Avenger

@Iron Avenger

I don't know all of them by heart. I know Larvesta and Axew are exclusive to the egg. Shroomish too. Maybe also Azurill and Togepi. Check on the pokemon location guide for these last 2, to make sure I'm not saying bs.

I'm on my phone atm so I can't do more for now. Sorry

Edited by Alistair

22 hours ago, NickCrash said:

The difference in finding them before Corey's reveal and after is his choice of field (and thus difficulty) with some plot significance. 

i have a doubt. will finding the officers before corey's reveal have a major influence in the plot or would it just have a minor influence like only the reveal cutscene. also does defeating solaris's garchomp at the volcano affect the plot majorly other than allow the player to battle with julie when fighting at the gym?

3 hours ago, Iron Avenger said:

i have a doubt. will finding the officers before corey's reveal have a major influence in the plot or would it just have a minor influence like only the reveal cutscene. also does defeating solaris's garchomp at the volcano affect the plot majorly other than allow the player to battle with julie when fighting at the gym?

Iron Avenger, I heard that finding the officers before the gym will have a cutscene where the officers show up at the gym to arrest him or something, but I cannot be sure because I hadn't found them before going to the gym.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:42 AM, Iron Avenger said:

can you tell me all the pokemon exclusive to the mystery egg currently cause i want to get some of the exclusive pokemon for my pokedex by either trading or soft reseting my friends save file he gave me

@PhinnDiesel @Swampellowyou can get the egg even after beating noel. it is only after entering agate circus can you no longer obtain it. 

I haven't been to agate circus yet, where can I find the egg?

1 hour ago, PhinnDiesel said:

I haven't been to agate circus yet, where can I find the egg?

You have to breed a Growlithe (you can obtain one after finding the dead officer in the library) and give the egg to one of the officers in Jasper. The one you give it to will give you an egg with a random pokémon in it (1/18 mons in total)

Spoilers Ahead.

If you save the police officers, they capture Corey and reveal him in front of Heather. 

The field changes as well. It's supposed to be harder this way.

As for Solaris, it's meant for you to lose. If you lose, you battle along Florinia. Otherwise along Julia. There's also different dialogue in a certain sidequest.

Same goes for El if you side with him. You don't have to win.