ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAA!...Sun and Moon

I will personally get either one of ultra sun and moon, not because the games are challenging (although the totem lurantis gave me some trouble) but because the games are what they're meant to be, fun.

On 16-7-2017 at 0:39 AM, EternalDarkness said:

So basically, you're telling everyone you're a cheapo who only wants to emulate games for free. Nice.

you know that there's also a way to not offend people right?

• 2 weeks later...

First piece of official news on these games, and it's Dusk form Lycanroc. I like the form better that Midnight (I'm in the minority here) and about as much as Midday (one of my favorite gen 7 designs). Was this necessary? Not in the least. Will I get one in the game? Probably, yes. 
IMG_1649.thumb.PNG.584fd4a1bd19f48854ba8761b87d31f8.PNG

Yes, I know bad pic is bad

12 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It could be the quality of the pictures that've been shown of it, but it just looks like an alternate shiny variant of Midday Lycanroc to me. 

I'm still interested in seeing what this new form is about, though.

It has the mane of Midnight Lycanroc as well (behind it's head/on it's back).

10 hours ago, Rosesong said:

Was this necessary? Not in the least. Will I get one in the game? Probably, yes. 

Precisely. It looks very nice, too similar to Midday though. It was unnecessary, I'd prefer a new Alolan form of some never used pokemon instead of this.

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

Then it'd be logical to assume we'll get a DAWN form as well.

True... But this is already overcooking it... Dusk one is already too similar to Midday, hence unnecessary. The only reason that would make it necessary is to give it a wider movepool than Midday, in order to make it viable.

Just now, Jess said:

Precisely. It looks very nice, too similar to Midday though. It was unnecessary, I'd prefer a new Alolan form of some never used pokemon instead of this.

True... But this is already overcooking it... Dusk one is already too similar to Midday, hence unnecessary. The only reason that would make it necessary is to give it a wider movepool than Midday, in order to make it viable.

yeah, or just give it the No Guard from Midnight, that'll make it quite a bit better.

for it being unnecessary, it's the first news we got, and it's not from an official trailer, so of course, it's not gonna be something ground breaking. there's most likely gonna be more alolan forms, so there;s no need to wory

Just now, Wolfox said:

yeah, or just give it the No Guard from Midnight, that'll make it quite a bit better.

for it being unnecessary, it's the first news we got, and it's not from an official trailer, so of course, it's not gonna be something ground breaking. there's most likely gonna be more alolan forms, so there;s no need to wory

I'm still waiting for that Ice/Bug Alolan Butterfree.

It's not happening though, is it?

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Ice bug or maybe Bug Psychic Alolan Butterfree, I would love that

Yes, Alolan forms tend to add Ice/Psychic typing, so (if they pick Butterfree), it is highly possible!

1 minute ago, Zargerth said:

And here I am waiting for Alolan form of a Water-type.

Would you fancy an Alolan Kingler with Psychic typing/characteristics and Psycho Cut in its moveset?

Or this. I'd like that to be Water/Steel though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Design is too dope though <3

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Yes, Alolan forms tend to add Ice/Psychic typing, so (if they pick Butterfree), it is highly possible!

Would you fancy an Alolan Kingler with Psychic typing/characteristics and Psycho Cut in its moveset?

Or this. I'd like that to be Water/Steel though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Design is too dope though <3

Water/Steel Alolan Kingler would be pretty damn awesome. 

Just now, Jericho said:

No more Gen 1 Kanto pandering. :|

oh... in that case... uhm.... (I actually had to get the gen 2 dex to find a good one I'd want to see alolan, I guess gen 2 isn't my best gen >.<) Alolan Granbull maybe? or alolan ursaring?

Just now, Wolfox said:

oh... in that case... uhm.... (I actually had to get the gen 2 dex to find a good one I'd want to see alolan, I guess gen 2 isn't my best gen >.<) Alolan Granbull maybe? or alolan ursaring?

Starters, Xatu, Noctowl, Lanturn, Bellossom, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Octillery are all some good candidates IMO.

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Starters, Xatu, Noctowl, Lanturn, Bellossom, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Octillery are all some good candidates IMO.

I dunno gen 2 that well okay, but those are good suggestions

After reading all of these comments I 'm afraid that the whole community will get disapointed. The only thing we got was a quite unececery lycanrock form. It will just be a worsly done platinum. I would prefare a sequel rather than this ( I sound like a hater and take note I will buy the games).

5 hours ago, Jericho said:

I'd enjoy having an Alolan Octillery. A more menacing and less lethargic octopus would do the trick.

3 hours ago, Zargerth said:

What we need is Alolan Slowking.

No. An Alolan form given to an OU mon? Just unnecessary. Give one to some mons nobody uses. Giving Alolan form to OUs is the same as giving a Mega evolution to a legendary Pokemon. Unnecessary.

• Upvote 1

First, Smogon rankings have little to do with the "main" Pokemon games. Smogon rankings don't apply there, especially in casual play (casual as in non-competitive). Second, since when Slowking is OU? According to Smogon Slowking is NU, see for yourself:  http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/slowking/

edit: to clarify: Slowking appears to be ranked in NU, but has its uses in OU

Last, Alolan forms aren't necessarily the same level of boost in power as Mega Evolution is. Just take a look at A- Exeggutor and A- Dugtrio (Smogon rankings) and compare them to their original counterparts. You do have a point when you say that the mons nobody uses should get Alolan forms. Since you brought up Mega Evolutions as comparison, allow me to do the same. Audino from what I understand is still ignored even though it got a Mega Evolution. Implying the forgotten mons are used more should they get new Alolan forms comes across as (misplaced) optimism. I guess we have to wait and see.

I still prefer Water/Steel Alolan Kingler, though. Definitely a less used mon that could use some love, but you know, since it happens to be in wrong gen...

Edited by Zargerth

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

After reading all of these comments I 'm afraid that the whole community will get disapointed.

While I cannot speak for others, I'm not going to be disappointed. This is no different than GameFreak has done in the past, and I've played since gen 1 first came out. Regardless of what the game introduces (or does not), I'll still play and enjoy it

8 hours ago, Zargerth said:

First, Smogon rankings have little to do with the "main" Pokemon games. Smogon rankings don't apply there, especially in casual play (casual as in non-competitive). Second, since when Slowking is OU? According to Smogon Slowking is NU, see for yourself:  http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/slowking/

edit: to clarify: Slowking appears to be ranked in NU, but has its uses in OU

Last, Alolan forms aren't necessarily the same level of boost in power as Mega Evolution is. Just take a look at A- Exeggutor and A- Dugtrio (Smogon rankings) and compare them to their original counterparts. You do have a point when you say that the mons nobody uses should get Alolan forms. Since you brought up Mega Evolutions as comparison, allow me to do the same. Audino from what I understand is still ignored even though it got a Mega Evolution. Implying the forgotten mons are used more should they get new Alolan forms comes across as (misplaced) optimism. I guess we have to wait and see.

I still prefer Water/Steel Alolan Kingler, though. Definitely a less used mon that could use some love, but you know, since it happens to be in wrong gen...

Just to clarify...

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/slowking/

As you can see, Slowking is an NU mon that functions as an OU mon too in S/M.

I didn't speak as of Game Freak way of thinking. I spoke based on usual logic. OU mons DON'T need another form. They are popular already. 

Also, despite of the fact that Alolan forms aren't a power boost, they are a popularity boost which should be given to dull, underused mons, not to OU mons. Again, not the way they think, the way they SHOULD think for sure though.

Edited by Jess

I can't help but notice everyone's talking about these games as if they are an "emerald" situation and not sequels.  Was this confirmed somewhere and I missed it?

Also lol at people comparing Alolan forms to megas.  Look at Beedrill and Ratticate.  Both were gen 1 early game trash.  One got an Alolan form.  The other a mega.  Guess which one's still trash.