ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAA!...Sun and Moon

And after that explanaation, I realize why they're called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.  But wait, since both Aether and Team Skull are reformed, who is going to be the new villainous group this time?  From leaks, we can guess that Gladion is the president of Aether now.  If Lillie were to return, would Lusamine return as well?  The possibilities are endless.

Just now, Trevore said:

And after that explanaation, I realize why they're called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.  But wait, since both Aether and Team Skull are reformed, who is going to be the new villainous group this time?  From leaks, we can guess that Gladion is the president of Aether now.  If Lillie were to return, would Lusamine return as well?  The possibilities are endless.

not reform,it'll be the same,I guess,since it's just alternate story,not sequel.

1 minute ago, BBD said:

not reform,it'll be the same,I guess,since it's just alternate story,not sequel.

Alternate story...sounds like Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire when you think of it like that. Or at least from the manga perspective lol

I've heard some speculation about there being gyms in this one because of the eight construction zones around alola. (as for the alternate storyline, I really hope this expands on the multiverse thing. they mentioned it in oras and never really did anything else with it)

Edited by whatonearth

In my opinion I don't like the designs of Ultra Lunala and Ultra Solgaleo. They look fine on the box art but when they were shown in 3d in the trailer it felt (to me) like a downgrade. Maybe I just need to get used to it but to mee the black armour feels out of place instead of a fusion. On top of that, as many others already pointed out, it feels like a rip-off of BW2. Not only am I disappointed with them, I'm also disappointed with the trailer itself, it answered none of the questions we wanted answers to. Are there trials or gyms? Will there be Mega Evolution (prob not)? Will there be new alola forms (prob yes)? And to end it I'm also unsatisfied with the name, but that's just a matter of taste so I'm not judging them for that.

Well... that was quite a rant and I might sound like a hater, but I will say that I'll keep an open mind, after all we haven't seen much of lunala and solgaleo and perhaps Gamefreak thought it was a better idea to slowly give us information, afraid of people already theorizing about plots or anything.

All that aside I do think making a continuation (or whatever this game will be) on SM is a better idea than gen4 remakes eventhough I'd love to play them more. Another remake would be too soon and if they kept waiting wit SM continuations we would get a Pokémon Z situation.

Sun and Moon left out quite a few unexplained plot/lore, had a third legendary that was actually (briefly) mentioned in the game, has these really empty land that feel like future-content, introduced this parallel world and it's Pokemon that was barely explored, and has this really cute waifu that everyone wants her back, there's absolutely no reason that there shouldn't be a third game for SM. While I'm still kinda disappointed that it's not on the Switch , it wasn't that unpredictable, Gamefreak's technical capabilities really wasn't that good to complete a Pokemon game that could run on Switch and utilizes it's system completely in one years time,  otherwise we could have got an Skyrim-ish open world Pokemon game years ago (note that technical wise, Nintendo's Game Development Team>>>Gamefreak, Nintendo really should get rid of GF and make Pokemon by themselves ffs).

Well the point of the direct was to get players hyped for the upcoming E3 presentation as there will be Pokken and possibly Ultra su.mo. Nintendo is like that, it gives a trailer with no actual info and then in some E3 or after time they give juicy news (Xenoblade2) it just felt bad to give in the 1st trailer too much.

1 hour ago, hope4896 said:

Sun and Moon left out quite a few unexplained plot/lore, had a third legendary that was actually (briefly) mentioned in the game, has these really empty land that feel like future-content, introduced this parallel world and it's Pokemon that was barely explored, and has this really cute waifu that everyone wants her back, there's absolutely no reason that there shouldn't be a third game for SM. While I'm still kinda disappointed that it's not on the Switch , it wasn't that unpredictable, Gamefreak's technical capabilities really wasn't that good to complete a Pokemon game that could run on Switch and utilizes it's system completely in one years time,  otherwise we could have got an Skyrim-ish open world Pokemon game years ago (note that technical wise, Nintendo's Game Development Team>>>Gamefreak, Nintendo really should get rid of GF and make Pokemon by themselves ffs).

We all seem to live for the day that we will play an open world pokemon game in the TV.

Well at least we'll get a prober postgame battle frontier this time right?  After the backlash of ORAS they wouldn't just copy-paste the battle tree, right?

...right?

...they're totally going to do just that aren't they.

You know, I just thought about this. The Necrozma works as armor for Solgaleo and Lunala. Do you know what other game also used armor for specific Pokemon? I'll give you a hint: it is a fan-made Pokemon game.

3 minutes ago, ProjectIceman said:

You know, I just thought about this. The Necrozma works as armor for Solgaleo and Lunala. Do you know what other game also used armor for specific Pokemon? I'll give you a hint: it is a fan-made Pokemon game.

Insurgence?

16 minutes ago, Lucky1998 said:

Insurgence?

I guess that was too easy. Oh well.

Image result for idk emoji gif

But seriously, I have been noticing that Pokemon have taken concepts from fan games and applied it in their own way. For example DuncanKneeDeep's Free For Alls into Battle Royale. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not lol. Some of these things are popular and I would find it hard to believe that they haven't heard of these at all.

Edited by ProjectIceman

Direct didn't show anything not within expectations, not sure if I'm happy about that or not.

Ultrasun and Ultramoon sound like they would put a lot more emphasis on the Ultra Beasts this time which... is actually a good thing, I suppose? For all of the emphasis SM put on them they ended up being woefully underutilised, most of them being glorified Roaming Legendaries. The implications of Lunala and Solgaleo having lived in that universe for a long time also went completely unadressed. Same goes for Necrozma, but being #3 in a base set of games that's par for the course.

Ultra Beasts just aren't a concept I'm particularly sold on, so I'm not sure how to feel about them potentially getting more focus.

What I'm somewhat worried about is that all of the new content might end up being only cosmetic or relegated to end/postgame. Not sure where that idea comes from, but I could see that happening.

For now are just sort of a big question mark to me in terms of what to expect from them.

The only thing I'm hoping for is more Silvally. It's got all that story and concept behind itself, but just ended up being a Cool Unique Thing that a Rival uses.

The only part of the Direct that even made me smile was Decidueye for Pokken. It's nice to see my favorite out of the current starters getting some attention after spending years in Greninja Hell.

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi

I don't particularly care about the third versions or sequels, so I'm quite lukewarm towards Ultra Sun/Moon. That being said, if it actually features "new" pokemon, and not just transformers legendaries, then I might be more interested. Regardless, I'd like to see less of a focus on Z-Moves and a return to Megas, plus Lillie as the new champion. Also, it's kind of ironic how GF said that Z-Moves where created so that all pokemon could benefit from it unlike Mega Evolution, but it seems that they are going all-out with the pokemon exclusive Z-Moves in the sequel games (with what looks like Lycanroc and Mimikyu Z-Moves).

Also, I'm guessing that US/UM will be the last pokemon games on the 3DS, which means the next games would be gen 8 on the Switch probably launching in 2019/2020.

Well, I'm kinda mixed, like everyone here. I kinda wanted a sequel, like Black 2/White 2, and I wish we had more information. However, it's kinda cool to see Necrozma getting some love, and the Necrozma/Solgaleo and Necrozma/Lunala fusions look pretty cool. I'll probably get the games, but I'll have to wait and see new news to get a concrete opinion.

Necrozma-Lunala: You want some huh? Think I can't take you big shot? HUH?

Aside from that, if it actually has drastically new content (see: B2W2 over BW), then it might be worthwhile.

Spoiler

And at last... Finally... You did it @Amethyst, you're living the meme. Congratulations.

Spoiler

914f8389f12e7bcc1011fdc5d709eb3b.png

EDIT:

Spoiler

7707318be93a2eca88cbaaaf5057833d.png21ca631a9c3d84ef192377277c87059a.png

WHO

THE FUCK

I mean if this was done just because of that post that's fucking hilarious. Kinda sad tho.

Edited by Hycrox

34 minutes ago, Rain Spectre said:

Huh, apparently Lycanroc had placeholder data in SuMo. Possible indication for new forms come this game?

From the trailer it looks like a possible new Totem Pokemon, and as I remembr totems had their own models