ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAA!...Sun and Moon

Oh my God I can't believe I didn't realize this until someone else pointed it out to me.  The entire story up until the climax is rendered pointless by the developer's laziness.

Spoiler

The Ultra Recon dudes had a Lunaala the whole time.  That's how they got to earth in the first place.  So why did Lusamine spend the whole game chasing Nebby when she could just use that?  It's not like they were keeping it a secret from her or anything.  And why did you go through that whole adventure on Poni Island to get to the altar of plot device?  

Because that was the story of the last game, and Gamefreak just couldn't be bothered to rewrite it.

This is such egregious laziness it makes the reskinning of the Battle Maison seem tame.  Gamefreak REALLY needs to step up their game for the Switch title.  Having a story this bad on the Switch while Mario and Zelda get some of the greatest games ever made, would be a bigger insult to the series than what they did with the Battle Frontier.

7 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:
Spoiler

The Ultra Recon dudes had a Lunaala the whole time.  That's how they got to earth in the first place.  So why did Lusamine spend the whole game chasing Nebby when she could just use that?  It's not like they were keeping it a secret from her or anything.  And why did you go through that whole adventure on Poni Island to get to the altar of plot device?  

Because that was the story of the last game, and Gamefreak just couldn't be bothered to rewrite it.

This is such egregious laziness it makes the reskinning of the Battle Maison seem tame.  Gamefreak REALLY needs to step up their game for the Switch title.  Having a story this bad on the Switch while Mario and Zelda get some of the greatest games ever made, would be a bigger insult to the series than what they did with the Battle Frontier.

Spoiler

Actually the answer to that is quite simple, the Lunaala/Solego is the ONLY way back into their world so they didn't want to risk it, especially since Lusamine probably told them about Nebby.

• 2 months later...
On 21/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, The Swordsman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Actually the answer to that is quite simple, the Lunaala/Solego is the ONLY way back into their world so they didn't want to risk it, especially since Lusamine probably told them about Nebby.

I am probably late, but yeah. Lusamine breaks their trust. So they had a good point in hiding their legendary.