Roran of Blackthorn - a Draconic Journey

The Drunken Dragonite

Dear Uncle Lance,

Just letting you know that I got to the Reborn Region safely - just. The train was blown up just as I stepped off it, it was rather close. As it is the station and surrounds is a complete mess. On the plus side, none of my pokemon were harmed!

To be honest I was kind of nervous when you suggested this region, but I'm glad I did take the suggestion. It's pretty wild here, untamed almost, like the true form of the dragon... with broken glass and drunkards. Anyway, it's been interesting so far. I met a girl named Victoria who has decided that she is my rival, so that was interesting. Oh, and a perverted male with purple hair called Cain, who seems set upon, to use his words, to "have a bite of my tasty Roran buns", as disturbing as that sounds.

I was challenged by many trainers and have stopped more than a few instances of Pokeabuse already. This city seems full to bursting with the scum of the earth. There are some good people, but far more bad. I suppose as part of the Blackthorn Clan it's only right for me to remove them. But I can only say so much on this tiny postcard, so I've attaached a memory drive with the contents neatly foldered, with pictures of my first day.

Oh! I also have a Porygon taking pictures, filming my battles, all of that. I got him on the journey to Reborn. He won't be taking part in battles though, just recording my journey, assimilating with my devices, you know. And I have my first gym badge already!

Best wishes

Roran

Memory Drive:

Spoiler

Battles:

Spoiler

Fairies :( 

Spoiler

capture007_result.thumb.png.5c68b6d2ad16d9415acf633b76237f6b.png

Magikarp B) 

Spoiler

capture0112_result.thumb.png.9a7e2fa0bb1fcdee383437e27b2063a3.pngcapture020_result.thumb.png.82b00387e3429606c53067ec3fda064c.pngcapture044_result.thumb.png.1a5cf976657c62d1f5029f5e227485a6.png

Rivals

Spoiler

capture0115_result.thumb.png.6f28cce45bc4fbcfc5ede29ec689f108.pngcapture040_result.thumb.png.a491bcc8c826292abb01c38b42fcd9db.pngcapture041_result.thumb.png.5cf234f1a485ef3090eff547d744e329.png

Gym:

Spoiler

capture027_result.png.508416421347523bc5eae2b45d98a7ca.png

capture030_result.thumb.png.e508d68e6ea7fa57ea09b1e8fc468dc9.png

capture031_result.thumb.png.9b452367b1fad1f9aa88b0322f180d7f.png

capture034_result.thumb.png.a91904b7dcbf0fee404dda1a8d79d693.png

Random Photos

Spoiler

capture000_result.thumb.png.608857302aa4ff94a48b89bee374edd8.pngcapture00115_result.thumb.png.85e1650f2b1be25c8282d081f7ca9d7b.pngcapture0111_result.png.db2eb6cacdd85a1b367e5b962f8efb41.pngcapture0116_result.thumb.png.b300b3fe7030875a225d62f5d222e3ab.pngcapture018_result.thumb.png.81aa5a469f0d5984e865a430fc7b8bb6.pngcapture039_result.thumb.png.ca9093126ff1916bcd78aef56d640451.pngcapture048_result.png.b0a35ed783029ca1c1547ee7975d589a.pngcapture049_result.png.37ad7f43d9ea48fc2b2db8c28df38c75.pngcapture051_result.png.890a08a448325d61f3106d61fa55cd5a.png

Team

Spoiler

Main Mons

Spoiler

capture002_result.thumb.png.b3572de9594bcac2ea8fefded6dea5c7.png

Named for Zarc, the breeder of Blackthorn. Ironically this is one of the few Pokemon that I did not get from him :P

capture003_result.thumb.png.7176b69f1bc04e308d26f949df9e8e77.png

Named @Amethyst, the current Champion of Reborn. I thought that I should name such a special Pokemon after someone who has given so much time to Reborn and made it what it is: a city starting to pull together in a hard time, and a region with loads of potential.

Batmon_result.thumb.png.f5d7053ca177831eefe069290dc2f640.png

Named for a friend who is fond of a particular superhero

capture005_result.thumb.png.8206c4eb6c506bc02a49afd31b0af972.png

Named @leonidas, for a provider of fine dragon types and a sterling member of the Blackthorn Clan.

capture004_result.thumb.png.a496ea508dba5cdc1f2af2ed08d735e5.png

Named @Noctelis, another upstanding member of our dragon clan, a Dragon Tamer.

The following are all named for friends

capture006_result.thumb.png.790b8687d16b0dec5a1deea0d03840ed.png

Peter

capture008_result.thumb.png.793f323266e3500f240bff24616d016a.png

Dudette

capture009_result.thumb.png.c444eb6d5fe7b47f01f80c1860f20e8f.png

Cupcake

capture011_result.thumb.png.abde469e7cdc06c01ee0dff30297a046.png

Susan

capture012_result.thumb.png.b455ddf074990ac651ed8cb1fbe739be.png

Bubbles

capture013_result.thumb.png.5267c286c51a7841e1f19f281ee90ddd.png

Teemo

capture015_result.thumb.png.18558a7af5dc29d6ad15d3b8db2fc2be.png

Newt

capture016_result.thumb.png.f22031dd1e447f96bf5147022589c30c.png

Hilton

Tyrunt_result.thumb.png.e23d960b54c369d20c0c8d040782f32e.png

Zach

The following are after characters from my favourite fanfic, Ashes of the Past by Saphroneth on ff.net ;) 

capture017_result.thumb.png.88c216632e5c6c29bb7cbe8004adb3ef.png

Zuzushi

capture010_result.thumb.png.5e3dfa0c338c55f19059940e84bdeb70.png

Shadow

Evolutions

Spoiler

capture042_result.png

Zarc!

capture047_result.png

Peter!

capture050_result.png

@Amethyst!

Welp, that's it. Come at me Reborn.

Edited by The Drunken Dragonite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey nice beginning, I like mail-thing idea. But do you plan to use it for every chapter? It'd be great to have a few screenshots and descreptions of the main battles (rivals, leaders, team M) just to get a general sense of how the team is doing and progressing.

And thanks for naming your Axew after my pseudo, as so it happens HAXorus is my favourite dragon-type pokemon :D

And that Ame is looking neat <3

Hello Roran.

When your mail had reached Lance, he was so proud to see that you'd already accomplished some things so soon after leaving that he had to share the news with everyone.

Kinda funny that the one you named after me was a dragon you didn't get from me.

It's also nice to see that my little gifts have been put to good use already, as these will make sure to unlock the true potential of dragons.

Hope to hear more about your journey soon and make sure to take good care my baby dragons as they'll be sure to take good care of you.

Sincerely,

Noctelis, Dragon shepherd.

(Ps. maybe you never actually heard, but I'm actually a guy)

Edited by Noctelis

2 hours ago, Noctelis said:

Hello Roran.

When your mail had reached Lance, he was so proud to see that you'd already accomplished some things so soon after leaving that he had to share the news with everyone.

Kinda funny that the one you named after me was a dragon you didn't get from me.

It's also nice to see that my little gifts have been put to good use already, as these will make sure to unlock the true potential of dragons.

Hope to hear more about your journey soon and make sure to take good care my baby dragons as they'll be sure to take good care of you.

Sincerely,

Noctelis, Dragon shepherd.

(Ps. maybe you never actually heard, but I'm actually a guy)

Dear Mr @Noctelis

I recently visited the Name Rater of the Reborn Region and he was confused as to why I was naming a female Dratini after you. You see, even in Reborn they have heard of the Dragon Shepherd Noctelis. My reply was slightly unorthodox. It was that neither the rugged Druddigon, the future Goodra or the fierce Haxorus that I plan on evolving truly represent the job you do. As a result, I chose the one that would evolve to Dragonite as a result of its fame, power and tendency to care for other Pokemon. Also, I have not forgotten that before I left, you asked that I send you a Dragonite should I ever come across one for breeding into your own dragon family. The name is a symbol of that promise.

Regards,

Roran

(PS I apologise if this offended you at first, and hope that you understand my reasons. If this does in fact still offend you, please let me know, and I will once more visit the Name Rater)

7 hours ago, leonidas said:

Hey nice beginning, I like mail-thing idea. But do you plan to use it for every chapter? It'd be great to have a few screenshots and descreptions of the main battles (rivals, leaders, team M) just to get a general sense of how the team is doing and progressing.

And thanks for naming your Axew after my pseudo, as so it happens HAXorus is my favourite dragon-type pokemon :D

And that Ame is looking neat <3

Hey thanks man. And you're welcome :) Nah, a couple of them are gonna be like Facebook posts, some will probably even be video recordings of major battles, Some days it will be a 'Chatter' post. I take requests as well :P

6 hours ago, Yagami said:

You named your gyrados Amethyst.

LOL,that's funny.

Good luck.You are going to have some really powerful pokemons in your team.

Yes it is rather. She's very set against the idea that Gyarados is a dragon, but I have my reasons :P Thanks for your support!

6 hours ago, The Drunken Dragonite said:

She's very set against the idea that Gyarados is a dragon, but I have my reasons :P Thanks for your support!

Gyarados actually should have been a dragon type, as it's based off a legend where a karp swims up a massive waterfall and turns into a dragon.

5 hours ago, Noctelis said:

Gyarados actually should have been a dragon type, as it's based off a legend where a karp swims up a massive waterfall and turns into a dragon.

I know, and also the fact that Gyarados was programmed before the Dragon type actually existed xD

Also I'm running late on this post, mostly due to one drink with my mate turning into one and one and seven and twelve :P But, I've sobered enough for this now... at three in the morning, but still. The post will come in the form of a series of tweets today!

4 minutes ago, The Drunken Dragonite said:

I know, and also the fact that Gyarados was programmed before the Dragon type actually existed xD

Did you seriously just forget about the Dragonite line?

Also, just thought about what the mega stone for Dragonite would be called if he got a mega evolution, Dragonitite would sound very weird, and it definitely wouldn't be Dragonite as it's already the pokemon name.

Edited by Noctelis

Just now, Noctelis said:

IIrc, Dragonite already was a dragon-type in pokemon yellow.

Oh, I don't dispute that. But Gyarados was programmed into the game before the Dragon type was, so it was given water flying, a reference to the carp jumping over the Dragon Gate

So just before I get a million posts about how could I lose, it was done purposefully: Roran is related to Lance and Claire, he needed a bit of a humility smack. @Noctelis I purposefully left Susan out as she needs to sweep up and clean up when I crush Florina :P out of interest, does anyone want a tweet of the training montage?

6 minutes ago, The Drunken Dragonite said:

So just before I get a million posts about how could I lose, it was done purposefully: Roran is related to Lance and Claire, he needed a bit of a humility smack. @Noctelis I purposefully left Susan out as she needs to sweep up and clean up when I crush Florina :P out of interest, does anyone want a tweet of the training montage?

I would want it, if I had twitter :P

Howdy comrade!

Just found this post and might I say, as a fellow Dragonite lover, I'm rootin' for ya!

45 minutes ago, The Drunken Dragonite said:

Oh, I don't dispute that. But Gyarados was programmed into the game before the Dragon type was, so it was given water flying, a reference to the carp jumping over the Dragon Gate

Honestly didn't know that's why Gyarados didn't get the typing. Oh well, Gyarados is still a dragon in my book.

55 minutes ago, Noctelis said:

Also, just thought about what the mega stone for Dragonite would be called if he got a mega evolution, Dragonitite would sound very weird, and it definitely wouldn't be Dragonite as it's already the pokemon name.

I've always wondered why people find it difficult to simply have Dragonitite. I mean Banettite exists. BANETTE-ITE. Worst mega stone ever.

@Dragoknight I'm glad you did! Fellow Dragonite lovers are always welcome :P 

I've always wondered why people find it difficult to simply have Dragonitite. I mean Banettite exists. BANETTE-ITE. Worst mega stone ever.

Another potential name is Draconite for Dragonite :D It has a better ring than Dragonitite, but that does not automatically disqualify Dragonitite as a name. Besides, you're right about Bannettite :P shocking name

I would want it, if I had twitter 

@Noctelis, you asked for it :D 

Reason people don't have any problems with Banettite is because the final part doesn't have a double pronunciation like Dragonitite would have.

Draconite, however, actually sounds like a plausible name for the mega stone, far better than Metagrossite, should've just called it Metanite.