E17 Prediction Game - Unavailable Pokemon

lifesapity

Entries are now closed.

Ame has stated that as of the end of E17 only six non-legendary lines will still be unavailable.
So I thought lets make this into a game.
If you are able to guess all 6 of the lines that will still be unavailable in E17 before the official Obtainable Pokemon list becomes public knowledge I will give you a prize.

Rules
- 1 Guess Per Person
- Exactly 6 Pokemon Lines must be stated, all must be correct to win.
- Game will end when the E17 Obtainable Pokemon list becomes public knowledge.

Prizes
- A 5iv Shiny for anyone that gets all 6 correct.

Example Entry:

Spoiler

-Talonflame Line
-Ferrothorn Line
-Dragonite Line
-Mimkyu Line
-Toxapex Line
-Tyranitar Line

(add optional reasoning here)

Edited by lifesapity

My guesses are:

Spoiler

Honedge line

Larvitar line

Dratini line

Bagon line

Ferroseed line

Scyther line

Reasons for not inserting...:

Spoiler

Magikarp: The thief quest is nearly complete, and since Magikarp was once axed from previous episodes, I think Ame should (finally) hand it over to us

Gastly: Same reason as Magikarp

Deino: As stated above, if we get Rock Climb, it's almost certain we'll get the 3rd Dark Matter for Deino

Gible: We'r goin' for dem desart boi, we gotta hav Gible

Jangmo-o and Mimikyu: eeh, due gen 7 hype, they should be avaiable, and since Ame loves fairy types, Mimi must be in E17 already (and he's not really good w/out SD)

Mareanie: It should replace Tentacool on Mystery Egg, and Mareanie also succs for story

Wow! I was literally just thinking about this when I saw this thread:) Coincidence? I THINK NOT ( slams fist on table) !

Anyways, it would be easy to just say the list of what I think we still won't have... but instead I'm going to break down my entire thought process, because I have nothing better to do with my life right now!

Not counting 7th Gen ( I'll get into that later ), there are currently 12 evolution lines that are unavailable: Gengar, Scizor, Gyarados, Dragonite, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Salamence, Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Hydreigon, Talonflame, and Aegislash. The main factor to consider for trying to figure out what we're getting, is location. Since we're going to be spending most of the episode in the desert, that gives away a few of them right off the bat. With that information in mind, let's break this up into tiers ( because that's something I like to do ), based on how likely it would be that we get the mon.

Spoiler

Highly probable. These are the mons that I'd be shocked if we don't get.

-Skarmory

-Ferrothorn

-Gyarados

We know Corrin Rouge is in the desert, and even though Ame loves to yank our chain with this quest, now would probable be a good time to get Gyarados ( all things considered ). If you think about it the odds of there being events for Skarmory and Ferroseed in the desert are extremely high ( at least that's how I see it ).

Very probable. These mons are less likely to appear then the one's in the above tier, but could still easily see it happening for one reason or another.

-Tyranitar

-Aegislash

Even though T-tar is one of the best mons in the game, the desert is the PERFECT setting to encounter one. And it fits with Ame's trend of giving us Pseudo's, right when they're, essentially, the most useless ( based on type match up against gym leaders ). While I don't think Honedge fits in the desert as well as the other steel types on this list, I could still see it. And given Titania's ... fondness for carrying Aegislash ( yea let's go with that ), I wouldn't be surprised if we find one around her gym.

Not very probable. These are the mons that, even though there's a chance we could get them, it's very minimal imo.

-Garchomp

-Scizor

-Talonflame

-Gengar

Like T-tar, Garchomp is one of the best mon's in the game and it makes sense to find it in the desert. Unlike T-tar however, Garchomp would be amazing to have right before a steel type leader. I can only think of two reasons why Ame would give us such a broken mon, at such a perfect time. The first is that we don't have the TM's for SD or EQ. Which severely cuts Garchomps potential ( but even without those, Chomp is still a very threatening mon ). The second is if Titania has something along the lines of Scarfed Empoleon with Ice Beam. Because other then something like that, I can't think of much she could even do to Chomp. The rest of the mons in this tier, are here mainly do to lack of information on locations. We know that we're getting 7 new "area's" this episode, with the entire desert counting as 1 "area". In all honesty we probably will get some of them this episode, but since we don't know a whole lot about where all we can explore, they're here. I think with Gengar's nerf in Gen 7, we might see it somewhere. Scizor and Talonflame however might be too good for this point in the game.

No f*cking way. I will lose my sh*t if Ame puts these mons in the game at this point.

-Dragonite

-Salamence

They ( obviously ) don't fit in the desert, and even though we're going up against a steel type leader, I seriously doubt we would get one of them now.

Now you might have noticed that I've only placed 11 of our 12 possible evolution lines, which brings me to...

The Wild Cards. These are mons that for one reason or another, I can't really put into any of the above tiers ( making my final decision a lot harder ).

-Hydreigon

-Kommo-o

-Salazzle

-Golisopod

Let's start off with the Gen 7 mon's ( told you we'd get there later ).  To be perfectly honest, most Gen 7 mons suck. There's only a handful of decent ones, and at this point in the game, we'd have most of them by now. But these 3 stuck out to me as being possibilities for this list. For Salazzle, a strong fire type that can poison steel types, right before a steel type gym just sounds a little too good. But one thing to consider is we might not be getting it right before the gym. With so many new mons being added, Ame will surely add and change lots of events earlier in the game. I could see Salazzle being in some mid-game side quest in the wasteland or something, and people at this point in the game might focus on the story first, and backtrack for that kinda stuff later. Plus a lot of steel types are also part ground, which destroy salazzle ( we know Titania has an Excadrill ). Golisopod might not be the best mon competitively, but it's still monstrously strong, and in a game like Reborn, I feel like Emergency Exit could be really good in some situations. As for Kommo-o, it may not be the best pseudo, but it could still be pretty helpful against Titania. A big reason I think these mons COULD get added is so that Ame can just put it all in at once. I feel like that's how she's wanting to handle Gen 7. And finally Hydreigon. Before reading this thread, I definitely would have put it in the " No f*cking way " tier. However that was before I knew about this supposed datamine involving the Dark Material. With that knowledge in hand... I don't really know what to do with it. Even if it doesn't help much against steel types, Hydreigon's still a very powerful pseudo, so I'm inclined to think Ame wouldn't give it to us. But since we might be getting an item that gets it, and there's lots of new areas to explore, we could find where we need to take the Dark Material to unlock Deino. On the other hand, there's no guaranty that we'll be getting the Dark material this episode. Or that one of the new areas will be the right one. Hmm. Well, I think I've rambled enough.

TLDR: Out of the 15 most plausible candidates, only 6 will be left uncatchable. And I think they will be these ones.

-The Hydeigon line

-The Dragonite line

-The Salamence line

-The Garchomp line

-The Scizor line

-The Talonflame line.

Also couple of random thoughts I had while writing this. There will probably be a Vullaby event in the desert for people who didn't get it in the mystery egg. What if Ame replaced the Magikarp we've been chasing, with a Wimpod.

P.S. If there's a thread that talks about the Dark Material datamine, could somebody please link it to me. I'd love to read through it.

You only have to ask 

You you can get it easy my then normal by "cheating" having a third dark matter traded to you. Also, I remember Ame posting on her Tumblr that Salandit is probably going to replace the wasteland's Venipese tree encounters

• Administrators

Since a game like this exists, I'll go ahead and clarify this Deino thing... Even though it can be gotten by trading, it is not the intended way to get it within a single save file so in Episode 16 we consider Deino to not be available. 

Whether that's changed in E17 or not, you are free to guess.

hmmm let's see

-Gengar Line: even without Levitate, it is still a powerful pokemon

-Garchomp Line: good ability, great stats, great movepool, so eh, it is impossible for it to appear now

-Aegislash Line: still too damn powerful

-Salamence Line: DD+Moxie=GG

-Toxapex Line: it's too damn bulky

-Gyarados Line: and the running gag continues

replace Dragonite with Gyara I forgot about Gyarados running when making this list

Edited by LeonVermillion

Hmmm... 

- Gengar Line : since steel would only do 1/2 damage to ghost , at least it'll rekt maybe at least half of Titania's team

- Tyranitar Line :  It learns Earthquake, i guess you guys know what that means 

- Gyarados Line :  Let the quest never sees it's end + steel would only do 1/2 damage to water, unless if Titania have a bunch of Rock-type moves

- Kommo-o Line : Dragon Dance + Any fighting moves = Titania will get rekt-ed, plus it's Overcoat hidden ability would be useful if Titania will pull a sandstorm

- Hydreigon Line : Well, we'll be able to use Rock Climb outside of battle "only" after Hardy is defeated + it's one of pokemon with ULTIMATE BULLSHIT* power

- Toxapex Line : Baneful Bunker/any guaranteed poisoning moves/abilities + Merciless + Any attack ( yup, an OP combo indeed )

*any pseudo-legendary pokemons = pokemons with ULTIMATE BULLSHIT powers

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

-Gengar
-salamance
-Aegislash
-Toxapex
-Golisopod
-Kommo-o

I’m going to guess that ame makes us choose between a Ferrothorn and a scizor for now:
partly because she is mean like that and partly because everybody else puts in ether of them in their list.

The dratini nest has been on the map for a while now, I’m pretty sure it's behind this:

Spoiler

Dratini.thumb.jpg.32e48e6b1ad61e312c9bc65ac69bfe1c.jpg

If we are getting a dratini, than a tyranitar is not that weird, especially considering the desert.

Edit: we probably  aren't getting rock climb until after the rock gym, so no dratini yet. and quite possibly also no hydreigon yet. oh well no shiny for me.

Edited by Juppie
made a mistake