Instead of Alola Forms, why not Reborn Forms

J-Awesome_One

Spoiler

If this is in the wrong spot, please tell me and I'll move it or you can move it or whatever. Haha.

So I know in the next update of Reborn, Ame is planning on putting in 7th generation mechanics and Pokémon and everything else. Which also includes Alola Forms. But what if there would be Reborn forms instead. It'd be interesting. Now this isn't one of those things where I'm gonna try to make her try to have this idea. I just want to see what people can come up with. What are your Reborn Forms? Here's mine for an example.

Rebornian Poochyena - Dark/Ice Type

Since Reborn has become hostile, Poochyena has decided to live up on the snowy mountains of Ametrine and have learned to adapt to the cold habitat. They usually hunt in packs lead by a Rebornian Mightyena.

Edited by Awesome_One

Oh yes! Alola forms i kinda a ripoff of Delta forms, but its canon now, so...

Anyway, if i ever make a fangame I'm adding this: Rebornian Ferrothorn

Rebornian Ferrothorn had to adapt to the wide open fields of route 1. Due to its feelers not having anywhere to hang, it became a UFO and soon a local pest

Psychic Steel

Lol, I've actually got an idea for this myself:

Rebornian Wingull/Pelipper - Poison/Flying type

Ever since Team Meteor poisoned the waters of Reborn, Wingull no longer had a place they could call home. They couldn't fish out of the water, as their natural prey had either died out or moved to other regions. As such, the Wingull of the region started to feast off of the trash of the region, losing their water typing in the process. Rebornian Wingull are more aggressive than their Hoenn counterparts, and, despite their more round beaks, will attack anyone or anything it perceives as food. It will even feast on Trubbish! They can be found in the Coral Ward at night.

Rebornian Pelippers are even more fierce! With their bigger mouthes, they are able to swallow any prey which can fit inside its mouth. Their favorite prey tends to be Trubbish, Pidove, Pidgey, and all bug types. With their ability to scavenge anything in sight, however, some of Reborn's leaders have taken up the idea of using them to clean up Reborn's toxic environments.

EDIT: This is just a beginning sketch on what I think the two may look like:

Spoiler

0IDYw4y.png

qVK8zbh.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

2 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

Lol, I've actually got an idea for this myself:

Rebornian Wingull/Pelipper - Poison/Flying type

Ever since Team Meteor poisoned the waters of Reborn, Wingull no longer had a place they could call home. They couldn't fish out of the water, as their natural prey had either died out or moved to other regions. As such, the Wingull of the region started to feast off of the trash of the region, losing their water typing in the process. Rebornian Wingull are more aggressive than their Hoenn counterparts, and, despite their more round beaks, will attack anyone or anything it perceives as food. It will even feast on Trubbish! They can be found in the Coral Ward at night.

Rebornian Pelippers are even more fierce! With their bigger mouthes, they are able to swallow any prey which can fit inside its mouth. Their favorite prey tends to be Trubbish, Pidove, Pidgey, and all bug types. With their ability to scavenge anything in sight, however, some of Reborn's leaders have taken up the idea of using them to clean up Reborn's toxic environments.

That's actually pretty clever. I never thought of something like that. I so want that now. xD

Reborninan Mightyena - Dark/Ice Type

They have become less aggressive since getting away from the cities of Reborn. However, if anyone or any Pokémon even slightly threatens Rebornian Poochyenas, they will become uncontrollably aggressive towards the threat and will continue to attack until the threat successfully runs away, gets knocked out or killed or it kills the threat. They teach their young to hunt for food so that they will teach their young to hunt in the future.

Reborn Munna (The Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Psychic

Due to the hardcore memerific nature of the reborn region, Munna has adapted into a FROCKING NORMIE.

As such, its type has changed to reflect that. Being a foetus, it is a highly impressionable pokemon and may take on many wacky and zany forms depending on what MEME STONE it holds upon reaching level 32.

Reborn Musharna: WWE (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Fighting

After being subjected to propaganda concerning the likes of legendary figures such as Randy Orton through exposure to the "WRASTLIN'" MEME STONE,

Munna evolves into a larger foetus that somehow has the ability to slither up and RKO you out of nowhere.

Think you can see Reborn Musharna: WWE? Are you sure about that? Reborn Musharna's WWE form is, for all intents and purposes other than aesthetic, invisible.

Reborn Musharna: Salt (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Rock

After exposure to copious amounts of SALT from the "REAL FROCKIN SALTY ROCK, MATE" MEME STONE,

Munna takes on the form of pure salt and is able to infallibly exude passive-aggressive chi.

Reborn Musharna: Salt likely takes on this form because it is really just a salty piece of trash.

Reborn Musharna: Kush (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Grass

When a Reborn Munna comes into contact with a "420 Blazin" MEME STONE, it adopts a unique aesthetic,

donning a "thug life" hat, some sick chains and MLG sunglasses. Reborn Musharna: Kush has significantly lower speed,

for unknown reasons, but a hugely amplified Special Attack stat. It has been suggested by leading experts in the field that this amplification comes about

because Reborn Musharna: Kush learns a variety of fire type moves and actually lights itself on fire, releasing strange clouds with psychoactive properties.

Reborn Musharna: Frogger (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Dragon

Occasionally, a Reborn Munna may absorb the powers of a rare "OSHIT, WHADDUP" MEME STONE, causing it to become a goddam frog upon evolution.

This variety of Reborn Musharna is known as Reborn Musharna: Frogger and rides a unicycle. It is unknown exactly why it rides a unicycle but scientific studies have shown

that this variety or Reborn Musharna is very, very sad. Researchers claim this is because it doesn't want to be a frog.

It is currently unknown exactly how many varieties of Reborn Musharna are capable of existing, due to the expansive amount of possible MEME STONE evolutionary items.

Edited by Juniper

11 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Reborn Munna (The Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Psychic

Due to the hardcore memerific nature of the reborn region, Munna has adapted into a FROCKING NORMIE.

As such, its type has changed to reflect that. Being a foetus, it is a highly impressionable pokemon and may take on many wacky and zany forms depending on what MEME STONE it holds upon reaching level 32.

Reborn Musharna: WWE (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Fighting

After being subjected to propaganda concerning the likes of legendary figures such as Randy Orton through exposure to the "WRASTLIN'" MEME STONE,

Munna evolves into a larger foetus that somehow has the ability to slither up and RKO you out of nowhere.

Think you can see Reborn Musharna: WWE? Are you sure about that? Reborn Musharna's WWE form is, for all intents and purposes other than aesthetic, invisible.

Reborn Musharna: Salt (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Rock

After exposure to copious amounts of SALT from the "REAL FROCKIN SALTY ROCK, MATE" MEME STONE,

Munna takes on the form of pure salt and is able to infallibly exude passive-aggressive chi.

Reborn Musharna: Salt likely takes on this form because it is really just a salty piece of trash.

Reborn Musharna: Kush (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Grass

When a Reborn Munna comes into contact with a "420 Blazin" MEME STONE, it adopts a unique aesthetic,

donning a "thug life" hat, some sick chains and MLG sunglasses. Reborn Musharna: Kush has significantly lower speed,

for unknown reasons, but a hugely amplified Special Attack stat. It has been suggested by leading experts in the field that this amplification comes about

because Reborn Musharna: Kush learns a variety of fire type moves and actually lights itself on fire, releasing strange clouds with psychoactive properties.

Reborn Musharna: Frogger (The Larger Foetus Pokemon)

Normal/Dragon

Occasionally, a Reborn Munna may absorb the powers of a rare "OSHIT, WHADDUP" MEME STONE, causing it to become a goddam frog upon evolution.

This variety of Reborn Musharna is known as Reborn Musharna: Frogger and rides a unicycle. It is unknown exactly why it rides a unicycle but scientific studies have shown

that this variety or Reborn Musharna is very, very sad. Researchers claim this is because it doesn't want to be a frog.

It is currently unknown exactly how many varieties of Reborn Musharna are capable of existing, due to the expansive amount of possible MEME STONE evolutionary items.

Hmm... Idk why but I can actually see that being a thing. And I want it more than ever. Haha.

I think I've thought of one.. or more like many: Rebornian Eevee, Vaporeon Jolteon, and Flareon.

Rebornian Eevee- Normal/Fighting Type

Although "normal" Eevee are seen playing in gardens with children and their trainers, Rebornian Eevee were abandoned by trainers who thought that they were too weak for battle, even if evolved. This led to these Eevee developing a more feral temperament as a result of being disliked by many.

Rebornian Vaporeon- Water/Ghost Type

These Vaporeon evolved with the jealousy of seeing other Eevee and Vaporeon loved when they were hated. Their calls, however, are hauntingly beautiful and draw in unsuspecting victims, both human and Pokemon, to them. If these victims are found, they are scarred both mentally and physically by their captor, especially if said victim was a Vaporeon loved by its trainer.

Rebornian Jolteon- Electric/Flying Type

Jolteon evolved from their feral pre-evolution have grown to accept that they will be disliked, and have instead grown an interest in the sky. They are usually seen zipping around storm clouds, resembling comets as they collect their energy.

Rebornian Flareon- Fire/Ground Type

These Flareon are commonly seen in deserts, especially where dust storms and dust devils form. Rebornian Flareon are extremely territorial and will not hesitate to create a dust devil and set it aflame to attack intruders.

I will make the other evolutions when I have more time.. and possibly ideas for the Pokedex entries for them..

7 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

Now I just want to see you do a COGA on Fakemon, custom forms, and custom moves in fan games now. I think that would be an interesting thing to read.

Maybe I'll do one of that in November but it's quite a touchy and deep subject. But that's getting a wee bit off topic. It wouldn't be too hard adding these things in as a mod, but it isn't my thing so you'd have to find somebody else. Of course many of these ideas only stay as ideas.

Wait a second...where are the OG Reborn champions Gardevoir and Magnezone? What blasphemy is this?

Rebornian Gardevoir is Fairy/Dark type and Rebornian Magnezone is Steel/Ghost.

Why Fairy/Dark? I dunno, it's edgy maybe the corruption turned Ralts evil instead of outright deleting it from existence.

As for Magnezone, the typing is mostly inspired by the Abandoned Power Plant (Shade's Gym).

Rebornian Basculin: Water/Psychic

Ability: Prankster

It senses telepathically when you are fishing to find those lovely lil Luvdiscs and Covet their Heart Scales, so it serves as their protector. They appear in shoals, pestering fishermen with their very existence. They know every annoying move you can imagine, including Swagger, Flatter, Confuse Ray, Sing, Rest/Sleep Talk in order to increase your annoyance to the maximum level. They even know Teleport and Teleport the Luvdiscs away from your Rod's hook.

Sometimes they use Whirlpool to keep you locked in a fight (unable to flee) with them till you scream out of desperation and hit F12.

Avoid at all costs.

Reborian Absol: Dark/Fairy

The Absol in Reborn have been praised for helping the people of Reborn anticipate and survive many disasters, like the Team Meteor Attacks. This has caused Absol to come out of hiding and live with the people. This allowed Absol to grow Warmer to people and gain a more trusting relationship with the people, hence giving it the fairy typing. Because of this, however, Absol has a slightly lower defense. but to compensate it has higher speed

@GS BALL We know that canon Pokemon are the only ones involved in Reborn. But since we have PULSE (aka custom Megas), I don't get why we can't have custom Deltas (aka Alolan/Rebornian forms). Also, Fakemons are completely new pokemons. Name, typing, design, etc. Deltas aren't fakemon, but redrawn official mons with different typing. 

Seriously, why nobody can get the difference between Deltas and Fakemon...

Deltas ARE NOT Fakemon.

11 hours ago, Jess said:

@Commander With all due respect... Deltas aren't Fakemon :P 

8 hours ago, GS BALL said:

There are already something like "Reborn forms". Some shinies are unique and have distinct colors, even directly reminding of Reborn's "logo". Some other pokemon with different forms, also have forms (normal and shiny) exclusive to Reborn!

This point is moot, honestly, really. Plus, Reborn is all about CANON pokemon. Legit types/abilities/moves. Fakemons = banned in here!

7 hours ago, Jess said:

@GS BALL We know that canon Pokemon are the only ones involved in Reborn. But since we have PULSE (aka custom Megas), I don't get why we can't have custom Deltas (aka Alolan/Rebornian forms). Also, Fakemons are completely new pokemons. Name, typing, design, etc. Deltas aren't fakemon, but redrawn official mons with different typing. 

Seriously, why nobody can get the difference between Deltas and Fakemon...

Deltas ARE NOT Fakemon.

7 hours ago, Filthy Casual said:

@Jess to go off that point, a lot of people don't realize that it was the Pokemon company themselves which invented the concept of Deltas, not Suzerain. Indeed, Deltas were made for the trading card game. Even Holon, the second region in Insurgence, originates from the TCG.

6 hours ago, Jess said:

I'm just going to respond to this whole bloody mess that was started just because someone responded with an ignorant statement and end it once and for all. First off, nobody here was claiming the delta concept was fan created, however, I would not quite use the TCG as the source of Suzerain's Deltas as unless he stated it was inspired from that, it's not the origin. The original concept came around during the Orange Island Anime series (which also was where the first official double battle happened). That's the physical changes show on these mons and their types rather than just a type change like the TCG shows. Not very important because we were never talking about where the concept originated from and nobody is claiming it.

Now we get into what a Fakemon is and why it is very, very rude to say that something is not a Fakemon. Fakemon is in simple terms a Pokemon created and designed by a fan and is in no way part or claimed to be part of any officially affiliated Pokemon content. Reborn's Pulses are Fakemon. If it'd have a unique sprite and cannot be considered an exact replica of an official species data wise (ie stats, typing, abilities), it's a fakemon. The term is sometimes viewed in negative context due to how a majority of creators lack the skills to either make an enjoyable game with them, but most of the time they're straight up poorly sprited and very unbalanced. Fakemon is how we label fan created mons and saying one of these isn't is no different than saying that a person didn't create them.

If anyone would still like to disown my statement claiming, you are free to keep your mouth shut. These are Fakemon which is not an opinion but a fact. Now let the people create the monsters of their dreams with little worry of such pity arguments.

@Commander Fakemon is in my opinion something that has no connection at all (name, typing, etc) with the original game. Deltas aren't fakemon. But I wasn't rude at all towards you. Now, if you feel so obsessed with enforcing your opinion (saying that something is a fact doesn't make it a fact, unless you provide a widely recognised source for this information. You aren't some kind of scientist like Newton who discovered the law of gravity, and it is self-proven from that moment on), you are free to do so. And I am free to disagree. 

If you show me an officially stated definition of Fakemon by Bulbapedia or some widely renowned person relevant to the games, I will accept it. Otherwise, each can keep his/her own definition, without bad feelings.

Edited by Jess

4 hours ago, Jess said:

If you show me an officially stated definition of Fakemon by Bulbapedia or some widely renowned person relevant to the games, I will accept it. Otherwise, each can keep his/her own definition, without bad feelings.

67635028.jpg

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fake_Pokémon

Now in return I must ask you and prove that these mons would not fit the definition of Fakemon as you must prove that these are official Pokemon. And since I know you are so headstrong and the next thing you'll say is "They don't say anything about Pokemon forms therefore I'm right" I will highlight that this is a very outdated article made around the early hacking days, but there is something to prove I know what I'm saying (which I have no idea why I'm even bothering at this point). You see that fake Shaymin Sky Form. That is no different than all that stuff above.

As for a statement from a valid person, I've been studying elements of writing and criticism for an 8 year time span (though I'm currently on hiatus due to schooling...not writing related) as well as been part of the fan-game community for I think 9 years now. While I am not a developer myself, I have spent enough time learning the bells and whistles that I am more than capable of making a fan-game or a hack, but do not wish to. I have the account on Pokecommunity to prove it (even though I was very quiet back in the day). The only way you can go higher up is a statement from an official associate from Pokemon and you really do not want that because all of those fan-games hosted on the site would be asked to be removed.

I could continue, but I myself and probably a number of other people are tired see me argue about Fakemon when we all know what the concept is. I do apologize to the original OP as a post I intended as a joke as well as my ability to not shut up may have driven this topic from a fun little thread to a pointless argument ruining the fun. If they so wish it, I will happily delete any or all of my posts.

Also someone should make a Normal/Poison Zangoose concept due to all the trash and stuff it eats to survive