Burning Desire - A Rejuvenation Fire Monotype

Um, hello internet friends! (Wait is "friends" too intimate...?)

Here in this thread I'll be documenting my attempt at an all Fire-type run of our beloved Pokémon Rejuvenation. It's not really my first time playing this game, but I'm only but so familiar so I'm likely to make mistakes. Questions, comments, and concerns are welcome (especially if you think I'm missing something, that would be much appreciated :)).

Beyond the mono-fire rule, I don't intend to use items during battle, just because. I don't have any more rules really...

Well, let's get to it!

Table of Contents

Chapter 1: In the Red

Meet the protagonist of this story:

Spoiler

LgVeEmR.png

I was drawing a blank on a name before this came to mind. Any resemblance to any canon and/or pre-existing character is coincidence

I'm on a cruise with my mom, who's surprisingly a character I've seen before, Yancy/Nancy (I think Nancy was her idol name, but Yancy her given name, that sounds right). We're headed to the Aevium Region. Everything seems fine, but there are some suspicious happenings to be seen on the ship, and some people definitely attract my attention.

Spoiler

CGphj1V.png

hmm

giN6bAF.png

hmmmm

I'd mention how I look nothing like my mother but genetics are a funny thing

While we're at dinner some people calling themselves Team Xen show up to cause trouble. A lot happens after this, but the result is not pretty

Spoiler

W8eF3Pm.png

oh no

Rather suddenly the ship is sinking, and it's full of weird tentacles

Spoiler

acp3kh5.png

well that's frightening

PuYMZF4.png

Wait the tentacles are grabby too?! I did not sign up for this

During all the panic I manage to find Mom. It becomes apparent that the calamity is more connected to us than I thought

Spoiler

TVzyO9A.png

Her? Also I guess Mom is a Fairy trainer now. She came a long way from B2W2

jOtqO9U.png

No??? I have no idea what's going on! W-why would I be the target?

JIWw1oh.png

!!!

Things are not looking good at all. We're about to be grabbed by the naughty tentacles (or rather, Deoxys' naughty tentacles) before we get some help from above

Spoiler

sIAEkEL.png

Pianolady noooo!

It's nothing short of a miracle that I make it off the boat. There's several powerful people involved in what's going on. It seems I'm seeing just the surface of something much bigger than myself...

Spoiler

BrgehQt.png

that's a mighty fine birb right there

zi8b5lu.png

MY QUEEN

NWJEFwP.png

YGqRsOi.png

A lot happened to me just now...I'm still struggling to process it

Luckily Tesla reminds me where to go next. She's already become a very comforting presence.

Spoiler

XLY4uBY.png

If you insist. The reason is plot

So I head into (East) Gearen City after an implausibly smooth processing by the immigration officials (honestly I didn't even have a passport, but they're just like nah, you cool). I must admit I have mixed opinons on the people I encounter here.

Spoiler

iSM7l0I.png

FHEjB8K.png

8cMrJZj.png

I don't know what your story is, but I hope you're not just "shy." Stuff like this is why they speak ill of us "shy" people

I then meet Amanda. She and her brother Jan are regional administrators, or something like that. Amanda takes me to choose my first partner Pokémon. 

I collide with someone on the way

Spoiler

G3UjPKY.png

Is this a meet cute? This is definitely a meet cute

Before I can pick a starter, Amanda takes me to meet the Pokémon Professor Jenner.

Spoiler

QFwRKxO.png

um excuse me

spZbt70.png

the hell is this 

9Zms3Cz.png

Um are we gonna just ignore this then?

o1W2lRF.png

Anyways I can pick a starter now. There are dozens of choices but I can narrow it down immediately

Spoiler

lLkceMn.png

This is where I belong. Notice Litten is not in the shot. because Litten can f*** off tbh I don't actually hate Litten but the path its evolutions take is unacceptable

Eventually though I settle on one

Spoiler

j39IgEW.png

gYpGrYL.png

My theme for the names will be "words for red." A lot of them will be shades of red, while some just words that mean red

IV wise this is actually quite good. It took a bit before I got one that wasn't like 0 speed

Now that I'm paired with this little one, Amanda cannot resist the urge to battle me. As luck would have it, she seems to be a fire trainer as well

Spoiler

6NE0OFt.png

I-I think you're a little too excited for this...and I won't be able to perform if there are cameras

KK7G1AL.png

Wait can you even perform like that? 

Vs. Amanda

qoqiSRK.png

Spoiler

XCQep6w.png

Don't go too fast, I'd like to enjoy this too you know

nqVLoCP.png

Even though Litten has Intimidate Rosso was able to win since I got a crit somewhere in there

zbcrqt0.png

I-I was good? I didn't know if I could perform under pressure...I'm glad I was able to please you~

Amanda found my technique appealing

Spoiler

ytGOLSw.png

Well really it was a Scratch fight

but before I know it another opponent appears. His name is Ren

Vs. Ren

SoqeCSn.png

Spoiler

FN9MZVU.png

I won't deny it

dJs1X33.png

His Froakie has Protean, because of course it does. Still, Rosso was stronger, even if we apparently had the same speed

4AYCv5B.png

Not bad? I rocked your world~

I'm now ready to explore the city, and explore I do

Spoiler

v7FUZdb.png

Look Imma tell you right now...you have no chance if you don't at least take me to dinner first. Food will win my heart before any words do

In the park I find one new friend

Spoiler

uaBptLB.png

These IVs are quite good as well, barring that speed

And on the pier, another

Spoiler

OqHfQqI.png

A little shakier, but whatever. RIP Gen VI Gale Wings That was absolutely a necessary nerf

There's already tons to find in the city, plus I can do most of the help quests right now. Eventually I come across Veronica Venam, East Gearen's poison gym leader. She and Ren are friends, along with someone called Melia. Since Jenner asked me to find Melia, they invite me to check out the Abandoned Sewers (which aren't really abandoned). I'm paired with Ren for the exploration.

While we're down there, a change occurs:

Spoiler

wu4XTRq.png

I forgot Chimchar promotes at 14. I guess it's almost the Gen II pattern, but Monferno and Prinplup both evolve at 36, yet Chimchar evolves earlier than Piplup...

Soon we find Melia, who I apparently have seen before

Spoiler

Bjgmb6L.png

It was a meet cute~

These 3 are conducting some sort of experiment involving trash

Spoiler

fBBJHne.png

Please, do tell~

svAyHD2.png

V7WdQuZ.png

Melia, there are people who would kill for that ability

E7n8o67.png

if I've learned anything from RPGs, it's to never assume anything is a coincidence

They want to know if it's true that trash bags can mutate into Trubbish. That's what the dex says, so it must be true, right? Except how it says Escavalier "fly around at high speed" or Pidgeot "races through the skies at Mach-2 speed." This one, however, appears to be true. We get surprised by some Trubbish and a (shiny!) Garbodor.

Spoiler

9ATQdgD.png

Well I'll take care of this anyway

VTD2cCM.png

Spoiler

d4SRBQu.png

5P9bY4P.png

EnxZwN7.png

0PWN8lz.png

xToBFki.png

Rosso learned Fury Swipes during the fight, so Garbodor went down very quickly since it has Weak Armor

yep

Melia invites me out with her to Goldenwood Forest. 

Spoiler

H7Kv0Zc.png

Could I really say no to that face?

tRXpU8D.png

*blush*

IcFIMxb.png

Wow are you trying to sweet talk me or is this just sort of happening...my young heart is melting

I aid Melia with her various errands

Spoiler

D5w3ln8.png

VzkZB8Q.png

xX21D5E.png

AZmH9Gt.png

BU9OIpa.png

Then we team up to explore Goldenwood Cave

Spoiler

YxQn2eE.png

Is that you, Philemon?

In the cave the team witnesses another change

Spoiler

BeRR4gL.png

fire birb

In the cave we find something interesting. This is why Melia was told to come here apparently.

Spoiler

aEbK1a7.png

But then-

Spoiler

XI6NJ10.png

The new passage opens into a pleasant grove.

Spoiler

ofJAIZ3.png

Melia is very happy about all we accomplished today

Spoiler

xSnqqZU.png

R-reward? I hope it's head pats...

Njv4yFI.png

Yay :) 

During our picnic Melia opens up to me a bit more

Spoiler

QHBDyLP.png

OfAuJUG.png

Those are the blue butterflies of Fate, Melia

T3g2ggX.png

D5ZxbHn.png

Honestly it feels like you want me to be more than that...you're gonna have to be more direct Melia. Experience has taught me I'm too dense to pick up any signals you're putting out

LAz2wj2.png

XxecMKz.png

aww you're welcome

Then Melia goes on to say how she's leaving soon for Grand Dream City, where she will become the normal type gym leader. 

Spoiler

l463gmM.png

W-wait what are you saying...?

sPQaX2e.png

Melia's clearly a romantic at heart. Sometimes I wish I could be like that...

We end up in a somewhat awkward, yet intense silence. Then...

Spoiler

y5G1uRW.png

qiwPrDk.png

Wait what? Did I disappoint you...? My heart wasn't ready for what you were asking me...

t01FYlL.png

O-oh. I guess she's still, um, excited. We did have a rather charged moment just now...

xpPTDYc.png

HIWDA35.png

ready and willing~

Vs. Melia

brqiLfi.png

Spoiler

c28WtmJ.png

I think we know how this will end. 

qpGLc3V.png

PcAYVaJ.png

Used Ember instead of Mach Punch for Stufful

fR60B8x.png

Look I brought my best like you asked...

I switched for Carmine in the interest of spreading the exp

hLi0zff.png

Are you not satisfied yet? I can still give you a whole lot more, if you ask nicely

I'm simply too good for Melia right now

After the fight the area is engulfed in an eerie green glow...I think I've seen this before. We go back through the cave.

Spoiler

r6sSUst.png

I don't like the looks of this

What will happen next?

Please stay tuned! I hope this proves enjoyable...

Edited by EndearingCharacterTrait

Still working out the structure of this project tbh

Chapter 2: The Crimson Horror 

In Goldenwood Forest we see Team Xen, and they've come in force. Apparently they are looking for someone.

Spoiler

z2GRVXN.png

everyone wants her

They are targeting Melia, for unknown reasons. Neither she nor I is willing to just let her be Taken, so to force our compliance the thugs send out their Meowth. However...

Spoiler

fnGcE9I.png

!?

The Meowth is a Shadow Pokémon, the result of a procedure to increase the power and aggression of Pokémon to make them vicious weapons (Where's that 3rd shadow pokemon game, GF? My money's not going to spend itself). 

Shadow Pokémon are highly dangerous, but in Melia's briefcase there is something that can help us.

Spoiler

utZQicR.png

pretty stylish

Using Melia's Snag Machine I steal capture the Meowth, which upsets its OT...

Spoiler

Q01swyL.png

logic'd

With Melia by my side I push past the Xen grunts, pilfering liberating their abused mons from them along the way (but none of them are fire, so into the box they go.)

Spoiler

hOn1GHp.png

I know right? You did all those errands, explored a cave, discovered a secret grove, almost sealed the deal with me

We are ultimately being funneled to a certain place. There's a strange man standing in front of the lake...I'm guessing he's in charge. But first we have to be rid of his two underlings, whatever their names are.

Vs. Eli and Sharon

cQT5Mr3.png

Spoiler

YoIzIa9.png

Not actually a challenge. Carmine's Incinerate makes short work of them

lpuBPT4.png

I get the feeling y'all weren't actually trying

We beat them, but they're still in our way. Which is a problem, since presumably they are bigger and/or stronger than us, so how can we move them? The answer of course is to sic our mons on them, but before we can be pragmatic heroes our buddy Garbodor appears (right the hell out of nowhere, I might add.)

Spoiler

ZfJrhfP.png

C5oMB4V.png

So that's done. Next is spiky head over here.

Spoiler

qiF9eq6.png

I do really like cereal, but I almost never eat it for breakfast

mFXqK9L.png

Um, ok. My name's Candela.

i2VHuXw.png

Alright that cROSSES THE LINE

Right about now I begin to notice the black death-sphere floating over the lake...there's no way that's good

Spoiler

xkl1Git.png

not even slightly

OA7yteL.png

yeah that's a supervillain weapon name if I've ever heard one

A Dimensional Rift is the result of...something done to Pokémon to...something? Point is, Dimensional Rifts are-

Spoiler

1H5eoCF.png

dON'T INTERRUPT ME

Zetta's here to take Melia for...reasons? But he offers me a deal: If I fight him and lose, he'll take Melia. If I win, he'll use the Rift to kill me. Then take Melia. If those are the terms I should probably lose and not die Defeat is never an option! And that choice is sadistic and impossible! No one touches Melia but me! This is clearly a bad guy, and bad guys must be vanquished!

Vs. Zetta

wUYrbki.png

Spoiler

uK18v8P.png

It'd be bad if this thing knew, like, Acrobatics...but it doesn't, so Rosso fells Minior here with Mach Punches

4wMDqUi.png

Yeah, I'll be adding this Grimer to my collection, even if I won't use it. Annoyingly it actually has Poison Touch this time instead of the less useful Alchemy it always had the other times I did this, figures

gNk99rt.png

Weak to fighting, therefore dunzo

CaPWHeL.png

Same here, though it took a couple hits since Type: Null has the stats of an endgame mon

dw0iZGD.png

wait that's bad

True to his word, Zetta sets the Dimensional Rift on me

Spoiler

NFJr7mH.png

oh jeez

6elZwAg.png

oh JEEZ

uHCHSUY.png

OH JEEZ

Melia tries in vain to save me, but I'm absorbed by the darkness and end up in a most disturbing place

Spoiler

VrVp7bB.png

...I've had dreams like this. They were not good dreams

To escape this Dimensional Hell, I will have to defeat the Gyarados.

Spoiler

BcWL42G.png

That is rather upsetting

Luckily I'm not alone!

Spoiler

Q7Z10Ie.png

We're star-crossed. Neither life nor death, nor alternate dimensions can keep us apart...so romantic~

Vs. Dimensional Gyarados

MWihBDS.png

Spoiler

IjOhzEh.png

Carmine Yawns at Gyarados, it does a Rain Dance. The next turn poor Carmine gets obliterated, but Gyary falls asleep

5EDoAuo.png

Rosso pounds on Gyary with Mach Punches. After it wakes up, it misses one Dimensional...something (phew), then hits Fire and Ice Fangs, which do little

1cFmXep.png

...!

Beating Gyarados allows me to return to (my) reality. Defeated, Zetta is ready to retreat. However, we still need to run away, since nothing is stopping the Xen dudes from just snatching up Melia.

Spoiler

UBWmq6t.png

Ok, you have to teach me this

Melia's Togepi Hapi succeeds in beaming us to Gearen Lab. Melia's quite cross with Professor Jenner.

Spoiler

ZLiViFx.png

But because I'm a bad friend I'm stronger now, I can instead do those last 2 help quests now. First is a battle challenge!

Spoiler

BQbMtJJ.png

This here is Novae. She came from the Alola Region, and is looking to test her skills

opFUsI5.png

I didn't take any frames of this fight, but it was a good one. Future fights with her could get very interesting

That quest's reward proves to be very sweet:

Spoiler

qJmaSk4.png

woohoo

With this guy added to the team, I take on the Dangerous Pokémon quest...after a couple tries I manage a win, netting me this pupper:

Spoiler

4wXzGyK.png

yesssss

Anyways back to Melia. We enter the lab, and overhear some very suspect conversation

Spoiler

L6pvrbk.png

Who is Madame X? That's a villain name if I've ever heard one. Also Madelis is mixing verb tenses and it's weird

So Jenner's working for the bad guys then...they gave him Melia to raise specifically for this moment. Naturally Melia is downright furious now

Spoiler

PEbbpX3.png

Madelis decides to take it into her own hands after learning that I defeated Zetta, but before she can Melia warps the two of them away. Then this happens:

Spoiler

ZJdc8La.png

!? Also Ren's here

5q14bXO.png

wait what

a3lJAfb.png

no seriously tho

Jenner then gets warped to gods know where. I'm then warned not to pursue Melia, lest I find "despair." Truth be told I'm lucky the despair hasn't already taken me.

Ren's determined to find Melia, and he asks me to help. But first, I'll be needing Venam's badge, so off to the gym!

After finding a Seviper egg, I challenge Venam.

Vs. Venam

vkbRzC1.png

Spoiler

EEVL61O.png

Trubbish falls quickly to Incinerates. Potions are used here, probably

P7U1Otk.png

Coquelicot hits with 2 Pecks, but Mareanie knows Scald, and thus defeats us

nCKoIOV.png

A Headbutt KOs. Carnelian grabs a Moxie boost

Vh8TvZo.png

3 Headbutts get the KO, as Grimer used Pain Split once. By the end Carnelian is low, but gets another Moxie boost

id5ZSEN.png

2 Embers and 1 Headbutt fell Whirlipede, but Carnelian is left with just 1 hp. He gets yet another Moxie boost

BAX77rO.png

My first Headbutt flinches, so I get a clean KO on Seviper. One more Moxie boost, but I wouldn't use it

qJDZF2E.png

I'm barely trying to be honest...Alizarin is here to grab some of the exp. A couple Flame Wheels end Stunky

2ZYduuE.png

Um I thoroughly dominated you. I understand if you're not used to this but it's good to switch sometimes~

I guess I was overlevelled...but that happened by accident if anything. My last 2 members were given to me at 15 anyway, and that's higher than most of her team...Novae was harder.

After the fight Venam questions my motivations for following Melia. She tells me not to go unless I really care about her, as opposed to just getting sucked into something by happenstance (which is basically what happened tbh.) That's all well and good, but I question the logic behind discouraging my help just because my heart might not be fully in it. That doesn't mean I can't still do the job.

Next time I'll be going after Melia, since we've become so close so fast...

Stay Tuned~

Almost got a handle on the organization, maybe?

Chapter 3: A Blight of Misfortune

In pursuit of Melia I'll be taking the train to Route 2. But first, I've been informed I will need the TM Rock Smash. The local gang leader Karrina has it, but I have to prove my worth to her first.

Spoiler

GLMEryQ.png

She seems to be yet another fire trainer actually (she even had a Litten Torracat too!) though the (shiny) Gothita is interesting. The fight was no big deal, though Salandit was a hassle (I want one)

So I take the train to Route 2, which is indeed a very pretty place. Mere steps into the area I get robbed though...

Spoiler

xlof5pN.png

you underestimate my power

The thief vanishes, but in my search for her there are some clues

Spoiler

ogpuBzF.png

what

wYiHTs5.png

that's what I said

As I continue there's a different clue

Spoiler

8iR7Lz9.png

Does this mean there's Destiny this way, Or is it just that Melia went this way? Either way it's still pretty stirring

But I can't leave without my money, so the search continues.

Spoiler

3w00qnK.png

ezDoxhu.png

mmkay

8ItxrqP.png

why is the tree talking

rVRbcox.png

I can neither confirm nor deny why is the tree talking

w33KRGD.png

Look, I'm just curious is all...you're a talking tree

So yeah, that tree is the thief. I confront her at the Amethyst Cave entrance.

Spoiler

r4VlEIO.png

Got it memorized?

Nim doesn't seem like a bad person all things considered. She didn't even actually steal anything, just a playful prank.

Spoiler

AXhE5B4.png

because of course not

zaWeJEf.png

That doesn't mean a whole lot to me 

So you want to fight? That's fine, let's just get into position-

Spoiler

gUH0fSx.png

wait what

47daLG7.png

S-Stop it! I'm not adorable...

Nim teleports us to somewhere completely different.

Spoiler

qLL9H27.png

Nim says this place will increase her Psychic power. More specifically, she's talking about the effects of Psychic Terrain. Remember that, it will inform some of the (poor) decisions I make in the upcoming battle.

Vs. Nim

MdZDHAp.png

Spoiler

qx7r5XP.png

Oh s***

Carnelian does Noble Roar to (further) debuff Solrock, who then hits Alizarin with a Psywave. Lunatone's Ancientpower drops Carnelian to red immediately, then Alizarin hits Lunatone with Rock Smash. Next Carnelian hits Solrock with a Rock Smash, then falls to a Psywave. Lunatone's Ancientpower puts Alizarin to red before he hits Lunatone with another Rock Smash, this time scoring a defense drop.

2vuSJzy.png

Carmine moves first and drops Lunatone with Bite (nice), Solrock then KOs Alizarin with yet another Psywave

qceY8W8.png

Rosso Rosk Smashes Solrock (he too was taught Rock Smash since Mach Punch would fail in this field) and Carmine hits with Bite to put it to yellow. Solrock hits a Fire Spin on Rosso (?) while Inkay hits with Psywave. Rosso's Flame Wheel burns Inkay, then Solrock Fire Spins Carmine (??), whose Bite puts it in the red. Inkay KOs Rosso with a Psywave.

18RBlBY.png

Coquelicot hits Solrock with Ember, which does not finish it. Luckily Carmine's new Flame Burst KOs Inkay and faints Solrock with splash damage

NBV9vp2.png

(It'd be amusing if Espurr were the one saying this)

Coquelicot goes for Peck, which fails since Gale Wings gives it priority. Carmine hits with Bite, then takes a Psybeam. Having learned nothing from the past, I tell Coquelicot to do Quick Attack, which also fails. Carmine's Bite does not KO, and he goes down to Psybeam.

YUpSr3A.png

This time I pick Ember, which ends it thus

eFfsSlq.png

I don't know if she was even trying that time...since when she did actually try in my first attempt Solrock's Rock Slide flattened most of my team in the first 2-3 turns

Nim's pretty impressed by my skills. As a reward she gives me a TwistedSpoon (it's even homemade!)

Spoiler

BUx1nyQ.png

...!

1WYCRax.png

I actually thought it was kind of endearing

5fqE9cP.png

was it because of all that petting I gave you while you were still a tree?

With that, Nim allows me to pass. In Amethyst Cave I meet Venam and Ren. We're trying to decide which way Melia went when we receive some guidance...

Spoiler

kKXbi0u.png

Oh okay then...who are you?

mnHHgfj.png

my name is of no importance

This mystery man says Melia went the other way, even though north leads to Sheridan Village, ostensibly the better choice. But why? asks Venam:

Spoiler

vUgp2K8.png

4mbg24a.png

RCtDcHi.png

So basically she panicked. You could have said that I think

Ren decides it is better to listen to this guy and head east, since if he's lying Melia should be safe anyway, but if he speaks the truth...

This branch of the cave has several Team Xen dudes. Not a good sign. At the bottom is a familiar face...

Spoiler

leFN5rq.png

Zetta is here again. We wonder how high he really is in the Xen hierarchy

Spoiler

WuwXIgm.png

EXMvPAN.png

oh dear

Zetta's not at all happy about the current turn of events. It soon becomes painfully clear why.

Spoiler

7LiIWTn.png

NOOOOO

I...I won't accept this!

Spoiler

03EHhsu.png

SHVg1HF.png

qiFgPIw.png

RfIFXiL.png

irMwu1w.png

...the thing is, this isn't really proof! Maybe if you said "this is Melia's bow, she would never be seen without a hair dec."

As it stands, there's still some room to believe she didn't die since you never found the body. If there's anything video games have taught me it's that no body=no death

I have to have faith that Melia still lives...her and Mom...

Zetta is genuinely disappointed by this development.

Spoiler

aLb863y.png

6jrkPku.png

(I know what this means yet when I read it it doesn't make sense)

2D498vc.png

...?

I still don't know why Melia is so important (other than that she's precious <3) but we were somehow too late to save her...

Spoiler

wTK1zgc.png

!?

s9YOeq3.png

oh jeez

8ywF1ab.png

oh JEEZ

ZnYCk1Q.png

OH JEEZ

He's got another Rift, but we're not just going to lay down and die.

Spoiler

m8Z1sX4.png

3 on 1 would be unfair, of course

UnYDjOo.png

We need to survive this first of all

Vs. Zetta

a2Sd5vY.png

Spoiler

iHqlvUG.png

Persian Fakes out Scraggy, then Rosso one-shots Sneasel with Mach Punch

KxEgepM.png

Rosso Mach Punches Persian, who then one-shots Scraggy with Play Rough. Null hits Rosso with Aerial Ace

2H21kF4.png

Rosso hits a crit Mach Punch on Persian, yet doesn't get the KO! Persian hits Rosso with Play Rough, then gets cherry tapped by Frogadier Licking it (that choice makes no sense unless Ren knew that would happen...) Null KOs Rosso with another Aerial Ace

1SJnzxY.png

Frogadier's Water Pulse confuses Absol, but it still hits Alizarin with Bite. Alizarin finishes Absol with field-boosted Rock Smash, then tanks a Flame charge from Null

A32OaWs.png

It's a double team now, so Null is bested

5U1M3P5.png

I've defeated Zetta again

Spoiler

v7OnGgV.png

P4MSyaN.png

But he's not that lawful, so...

Spoiler

zhph9qm.png

oh snap

JgQ0aNo.png

oh SNAP

RlnPrp0.png

OH SNAP

We three are absorbed, and sent to another Dimensional...dimension?

Spoiler

X6EFwdJ.png

Ren no

bqqqFFh.png

whyyy

We'll have to fight another Dimensional boss if we want to escape:

Spoiler

I6U1kFy.png

"The girl who sealed its fate?"

This one seems kinda scary...

Spoiler

cndPVdE.png

OH SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY

7dWivlj.png

explains why you didn't use Spinarak

9502PuB.png

um YES don't make me fight this monster alone please

OlEzHTm.png

Face your fears!

Vs. Dimensional Galvantula

sXanBUo.png

Spoiler

lletZIn.png

qOMH4CN.png

uuDCj0R.png

9qTc1X3.png

UM10w9h.png

CoBhiiw.png

LG957qT.png

2OBAGwa.png

4WRnLh3.png

...!

I didn't actually take notes for this battle. Basically the enemies spammed Electroweb whenever possible, so I went through most of my team. Venam's Whirlipede and illegal Weezing had way more defense than my team so they put in good work.

We escape to (our) reality. Zetta's not happy about it (he's having a bad day, isn't he?)

Spoiler

tpZECbl.png

it's "pull off"

7VES5vU.png

G0zVAYn.png

But before Zetta could kill us (presumably with a more mundane method this time), this happens:

Spoiler

bqqZlx5.png

wha-

zgv5GsY.png

OH GOODNESS

mrkpQ10.png

but seriously tho

FDKFzqi.png

that's a nice name

JmKfySX.png

?

SsWJSMj.png

cevNs0J.png

now that's an interesting tidbit

DGTohwX.png

Wait, "silence!?" She's not playing around

hjPmTjS.png

KBXfukV.png

What is happening...why did we come to this region this place is terrifying

5q6MKRN.png

OoXpPkI.png

If "most people" are pathetic, doesn't that mean your standards are too high? That's like how most people think they are above average attractiveness, it means they don't know what average means

aHzZQei.png

prnrLiS.png

Then Zetta gets warped to gods know where. Crescent chastises us for coming after Melia

Spoiler

Zudhjet.png

D7vUDvX.png

...how is her blood on my hands? I'm not why Melia took a wrong turn, and I'm not why she died (right?)...unless you mean all we literally accomplished was getting actual blood on our hands

gWzG2w8.png

We've established that magic is a thing in this world so I don't believe that

bt9FEnY.png

Look lady they've yet to defeat me 

Crescent leaves and it is just the 3 of us, distraught and angry. 

Spoiler

Dsc17wO.png

0npA1zx.png

Ren and Venam both resolve to become stronger, so they can walk the path of vengeance against Team Xen and Crescent.

Spoiler

QPfacu6.png

That's the general idea, yes

fhuB7iJ.png

Hmmm

Ren tells me to go to Sheridan Village, where there exists a gym leader I can challenge. I have to gain more power, for Melia's sake...

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 4: Problems Progress Presently

On my way to Sheridan Village I spy Karrina again.

Spoiler

ZWKlPGG.png

Sure I guess

She somehow managed to get injured fighting the rival gang leader, so I've to clean up the mess.

Spoiler

tpToiyv.png

That's...that's not what happened at all

He couldn't give me anything.

Karrina thanks me for helping out, and even gives me a reward! And it's a mighty fine one too

Spoiler

q0NgUjL.png

another male...my gender ratio is way out of whack already

With my team complete for the first time, I continue to the village.

Spoiler

NT3RDx4.png

umm...

372Nq1B.png

am I supposed to ignore that just now

It's a quaint little place. After exploring for bit (and doing some of those nonsense help quests, good grief) I decide to seek out the gym leader. Apparently he's become withdrawn recently and won't speak to anyone.

Spoiler

tZCFemu.png

that's no good

1HQiX60.png

hi Aelita

xdVx2la.png

finally someone put some respek on my name

Let's see what's inside...

Spoiler

fi1cPNG.png

oh it's...who are you again?

LABy2Jd.png

not helping

krI04Lk.png

see how hard was that

Keta invites me further inside to speak more. He asks me about Melia...

Spoiler

wKiXheo.png

BO01f1Q.png

Familiar...?

zNCCY5J.png

I mean...no? We just literally weren't there

ysqm1bI.png

tbwY7qx.png

Ain't gotta tell me twice

WyXjyaC.png

No see I don't know if I buy all that

ljUCzqi.png

You mean like you're doing?

But then he says something interesting

Spoiler

SYph8py.png

"...friend?"

TELL ME

Spoiler

iqijJ3X.png

hECHgIG.png

he knows

Keta tells me to find a particular place in Amethyst Cave. There I can find a Soul Stone, which may help bring back Melia. In the Amethyst Grotto I come across a peculiar phenomenon

Spoiler

wbSJxtQ.png

...!

nWknkkZ.png

h5QRx4U.png

spooky

ZdMX8q3.png

"Keta has obtained the mask used to face life's hardships-"

That's not what we're talking about, is it

xbYYEAy.png

FQwywUT.png

zokiWjN.png

I know someone who could use that advice

This soul-Keta questions why his other self sent me here, but he has some theories

Spoiler

aYvnQoT.png

Well I am the chosen one, probably (I mean unless that's Melia)

y50Bnln.png

This is news to me

yC5TQ8m.png

I receive a Soul Stone. At Keta's direction, I take it deep into Amethyst Cave.

Spoiler

GwJH7dn.png

Tua4W83.png

hmmm

I head back to Keta to demand an explanation

Spoiler

8NSqTbF.png

are you throwing tarot cards right now?

h3cWHx1.png

:( 

PabHH9g.png

"Gone..." You don't seem the type to use a euphemism though

Keta then decides to fight me, since he believes I can get him out of his current malaise.

Spoiler

ISa5AQs.png

He's the second leader! How could you possibly believe this?

Vs. Keta

eFI1csO.png

Spoiler

pdjbp0n.png

Rosso hits with Mach Punch, Crabrawler uses Amnesia. Flame Wheel then fells it

16jUUAG.png

Carmine ignites the field with Flame Burst, then falls to critical health after a Rock Slide from Keta's illegal Machoke. Keta uses a potion, allowing my 2 Flame Bursts to drop it

XjDQUpr.png

Keta's illegal Gurdurr moves first (how??) and KOs Carmine with a Drain Punch

ZNFg51J.png

Rosso's Flame Wheel puts Gurdurr in the red, he then eats Gale Strike, a move whose properties I don't understand at all. Keta heals, so a Mach Punch + Flame Wheel KO Gurdurr

nESlsZs.png

Coquelicot throws out one Peck before a Rock Tomb erases her, I shouldn't be surprised

caoxEQ0.png

Carnelian puts out one Headbutt, then takes a Thunderpunch and gets paralyzed...yeah

AtTLGFr.png

Rosso cleans up with 2 Poison Sweeps since Pignite would miss a Gale Strike (I guess it can miss)

Zv9iBU4.png

Alizarin has to eat 2 Thunderpunches from Keta's illegal Medicham, but gets the win with 2 Fire Fangs with help from my field

M2ryJVV.png

I fight for my friends

Lucario is, unsurprisingly, faster, so Alizarin goes down to a Gale Strike

UNbcfRG.png

Rosso is even faster though, so a Flame Wheel easily drops Lucario

YPf4Pid.png

cool

Troublesome only because all of his mons know Rock Tomb/Throw/Slide. Made easier since the field does basically nothing for him but a lot for me

Defeated, Keta gives me his-

Spoiler

krJwPM2.png

xwCPLa4.png

why. WHY?!?!

Or not...

He then leaves, and Aelita chases him. I follow them behind the waterfall to find...

Spoiler

nHcP68A.png

wait it's not? Y'all just noticed this?

Aelita asks me to team up with her to find Keta. This place has a Team Xen presence (because of course). Eventually I have to fight an annoying security droid, with annoying grabby tentacles.

Spoiler

qdXNxb1.png

I'll be taking that, thanks

THrq70e.png

don't

And since I was lucky enough to encounter a volcano area already I can expand the team even more:

Spoiler

EthHzE6.png

thCBSJN.png

It took longer than it should have to catch these without Aelita just nuking them first, something she continually failed to do against the actual trainers

Also, there was a promotion:

Spoiler

msAeprE.png

I don't remember the last time I actually trained a Houndour, so I was genuinely surprised this evolution happens at 24. Seems very low for a rather strong mon, but Gen II was weird like that

Eventually we find ourselves in a different place entirely

Spoiler

AKPKah6.png

I wouldn't have picked this interior, the red tiles are too gaudy for my taste

We eventually do find Keta...

Spoiler

3SYrRBs.png

She...kind of is

82fOYAz.png

But not really, it was an impostor and Aelita gets Taken.

Spoiler

sfbN3aj.png

We fought everyone on the way here, and beat up a security droid...three times! So I would hope so

And then I get jailed.

But I'm not stuck for long.

Spoiler

m6SloMS.png

I need that badge

saOAmBO.png

At your level, yes.

So we decide to confront Madelis. But first we have to find the keys to the relevant boss room.

Spoiler

0fFPj2l.png

do I have to

Paired with Keta I raid the place for keys. He's utterly useless as a doubles partner...underleveled for the area, uses Counter on opponents that only use special moves, misses Gale Strike...not helped by these enemies' propensity for illegal underleveled mons and apparent access to TM Thunderbolt. But we find the keys, which were barely hidden.

Spoiler

BaWeZd8.png

How long ago? The Fire Pokémon have already settled there

5S5Ubdq.png

Special power?

Also Sharon and Eli are here, but for reasons they don't even try to resist me

gvVZ39I.png

fgfYeem.png

Also learned a bit more about Shadow Pokémon, and how some resist the process

4RhnwrP.png

2 gens into this Fairy type thing, but still no Fire/Fairy mon.

We confront Madelis...

Spoiler

bPjZqji.png

Contract?

97AfnLq.png

yeah that's a straight lie

VGfwame.png

Wait do you even have a plan? There's no way you have the power to make demands, you couldn't even beat the grunts outside without my help

Keta apparently sold out the entire village to Team Xen. He told them the names of everyone there

Spoiler

ObeYNx8.png

hmmm

3oER38j.png

yep, he's a traitor

OUs0UJx.png

Or...or was selling everyone out the contradiction?

39l7sg2.png

ANbp7YD.png

So Keta sold out everyone except his daughter Aelita. Very gallant...

Madelis is now ready to exterminate us, and she's got a special, definitely foolproof way to do it, too:

Spoiler

xo6Jqho.png

2pKR8L1.png

famous last words

jzreHPk.png

Oh s***

Spoiler

2lKkdfe.png

no

t2sYMQ8.png

PiSbNn7.png

Whatever, no Shadow mon is safe from me-

Spoiler

2N7Sz6X.png

qmHvu7T.png

wait that's bad

MscMoTP.png

This...isn't good

Vs. Madelis

kF8w6s0.png

Spoiler

gBtRl5B.png

hDP8OCS.png

mu9gAe2.png

AE41ovK.png

Slnyozf.png

9pbnSzV.png

X8OYQO2.png

I'm not really equipped to actually win this fight...maybe, just maybe if Hyper Mode proc'd on the very first turn I would have a chance, but I'm not convinced...and I don't have the patience for that

So I lost the fight, because of course I lost against bloody Mewtwo, it's like Gen I all over again...

Spoiler

ZDUfG0O.png

exactly like Gen I

NAZIyC3.png

I...thought you were already doing that?

But Keta intends to make a last stand

Spoiler

HF3SjVv.png

No one can, it's Mewtwo

hFocTx0.png

Oh well that's manageable

9zFTvad.png

Ok so "everything will end" was clearly not true then

ZBWcpwd.png

Look just kill me already, I'm tired of your banter

But she doesn't kill us, instead daring us to stop the generator. That, or Keta actually delays her, which I don't believe

Spoiler

v2v6gXo.png

Don't. It probably doesn't matter tbh

Wy6jyYj.png

It was, even thought you look nothing alike

LbdhclN.png

"...an obvious lie."

But why though? Just so you wouldn't die with everyone else...when the village gets annihilated...somehow?

The generator looks kinda weird and...alive

Spoiler

LsXT7A7.png

uCVlrVY.png

an odd choice

4bBGYCL.png

but Mwetwo's was not?

Madelis then admits there was no reason to make Carotos Mountain a volcano. They could have gotten at least the same amount of power hydroelectrically.

Spoiler

J7eHrAx.png

And she did actually kill Keta this time, probably

She did it because she's evil, nothing more. Not even "it was just faster to kill everyone in the way to get what I wanted." No, just "their suffering gives me pleasure, and I can never get enough."

Spoiler

VFFUSDL.png

nGJJMyg.png

LIKE HELL YOU WILL

In what world am I expected to believe you could accomplish that

Aelita will create a distraction while I stop the generator, which is actually a Pokémon, so...

Spoiler

9mw64AI.png

I'd be doing it a favor apparently

I head inside another Dimensional Rift. My target is Volcanion

Spoiler

R0PH07I.png

These breed in the wild!? Where do I find one

That was probably insensitive

Vs. Dimensional Volcanion

c7wQNTD.png

Spoiler

amrlG3W.png

Burgundy attacks with Beat Up while Volcanion counters with Water Pulse...which fails?

A5Hg3Pu.png

I don't actually know why its Water Pulse attacks didn't work. If someone could explain it to me I would appreciate it

When I return Madelis is being hoisted by her own petard

Spoiler

XUDDCPW.png

This is what you get for thinking you control Mewtwo, a mon no one has ever been able to tame

1bPoYyz.png

who aRE YOU

Cresent mentions how Shadow Pokémon slowly open their hearts when carried by trainers

Spoiler

RGrfTE3.png

And Mewtwo's heart is savage, so this is to be expected

Crescent also once again chastises me for playing the hero. She's probably right tbh

Spoiler

vdAEWZ9.png

This one especially didn't really involve me...but I really want that badge

Also Aelita's not dead. Then this happens:

Spoiler

qRC0TTZ.png

*Aelita and I get beamed away*

RG6drBm.png

EhQPnzC.png

Jpmav9N.png

Surprisingly I already knew that

CCqH2ox.png

somehow

*Madelis appears, they ask for insight as to why she failed*

hxTJYJc.png

You were stopped by some kids, sort of. 

8UejzCv.png

0jS1Rv4.png

j7YQ0yz.png

at least someone's thinking

moV0szt.png

You...you blew me away with Mewtwo yet somehow I still won...?

6EgqIN2.png

Heyyy~

ikDokAR.png

*Nastasia also recognizes me from the ship*

eCWjq34.png

who gon stop me

hol56dv.png

Wha-A week?! How? Where was I?

*I reappear right when they're talking about me, convenient*

So while I was gone Aelita and the Eldest have been researching something useful

Spoiler

R1Ois8X.png

Cool. I actually already have something but...

It's a hidden place in Sheridan Village-

Spoiler

5x9s1ho.png

Nah, just for the hell of it...shouldn't you know this?

We have to check this clay figure-

Spoiler

SKg8CI9.png

...I get the feeling you didn't actually do any research

QOSwDnP.png

xjG5hQO.png

...I get the feeling you're not even listening

qar2n1w.png

It's a portkey

geFThMz.png

So you already knew about it then? Aelita made up this "research" thing completely, didn't she?

We teleport to the Purity Grove-

Spoiler

wmQDJPn.png

You, if you'd actually done any research

7F0DInk.png

Many can be found...with some research

Before we can use the spring, we have to call the Voice of the Forest-

Spoiler

mZDNGAm.png

yes, the Voice of the Forest

Zg7cX5i.png

I'm getting to that...just one more preposition and this would have made sense

ukID7KO.png

fhGCmV9.png

oINnf2C.png

So it shouldn't matter how long it stays anywhere, right...? It can time travel. Or is that not how this particular time theory works

Celebi came and blessed the spring, so now I can purify Shadow Pokémon here

Spoiler

nQ942rH.png

You...haven't really done anything for me yet. Except compliment my name, that was nice

zRZGMvR.png

Though, it would be nice to get my snag machine fixed. She knows of someone who could help

Spoiler

EIArTYA.png

See, that was actually useful. Now I'm a little glad I met you

Aelita decides to leave as well. She actually wants to go with me

Spoiler

Auhjray.png

FOfVEr3.png

Wasn't that already your job...? Also is she suggesting she was going to become the Sensei? How is she qualified for that?

4Ye21om.png

Who is Vivian? Surely you don't mean Keta's wife. Pretty sure her name was Tealia

2HBblKj.png

JX9F9Ne.png

But they have a gym, thus attracting visitors. I think they actually just like lynching people, which is much worse

Eet6nkI.png

Y'all should probably just build a bypass around that wretched place

I can now purify Shadow Pokémon here (as well), so a new teammate can be formally introduced:

Spoiler

DX6ECUO.png

So I guess I'm headed towards Goldenleaf Town next-

P4CmMiG.png

Or not.

What does spectral Keta have to say to me? Why was this chapter so, so long?

Stay Tuned to find out (?)~

Chapter 5: I Get Around

I have some business to attend to before I move on from Sheridan Village, business with a certain someone. I think we all know who that is...

Spoiler

IRwsm2s.png

Nice to see you too~

2CF5IFa.png

W-wow you're being rather forward today aren't you...

0pcehOp.png

Spoiler Alert: she ain't lyin'

Vs. Novae

Spoiler

090YjI4.png

I found exactly one Heart Scale to this point, and with it I taught Burgundy Thunder Fang as I'm certain I will need it in the not-too-distant future. 

Thunder Fang does heavy damage, and Trumbeak retaliates with Pluck. Novae switches for Gumshoos. I would switch for Rosso in response.

gT77N6L.png

Rosso handles this easily with some Mach Punches

E4DAGZU.png

Burgundy is able to fell Sandygast in one stroke with a 6-hit Beat Up

RpdhJpa.png

Oh s***

Rosso's Mach Punch does good damage, but he gets obliterated by a charged up Rock Tomb (it became Water or Psychic...)

YvtpCX0.png

Poor Scarlet is also blown away (this one was definitely Water)

2ULTTPY.png

Against Burgundy Lycanroc's Rock Tomb became Fire, and thus useless. We succeed in halting the sweep, this time

eTUOznT.png

Alizarin puts in some damage with Rock Smash, but he is beaten (Komala is like, really strong actually)

VHCFvKN.png

Cerise puts in some more damage, but she too falls

FHAFECO.png 

Burgundy has to clean up (good grief...)

AaBfhzv.png

Oh yeah, you're still around...not for long though

O2WxrO1.png

Amaranth makes an appearance here; she easily outpaces Fomantis

1uP7Agx.png

The mere existence of Lycanroc is an existential threat to my team...doesn't help that this field buffs it. (And she uses Hyper Potions! What is that??)

I managed to defeat Novae again...it was a pain, even though she's supposedly a newbie trainer.

Spoiler

FBLOis6.png

Don't sell yourself short...you could easily be the protagonist of this game with those skills

X3DhpYn.png

I guess I wasn't supposed to know that yet, oops

yQO8eg7.png

Admittedly I guessed based on your all-Gen VII team

So that's done. Next I'm meant to seek out soul-Keta, so to Amethyst Grotto I go.

Spoiler

nCQaFXg.png

A week, to be exact

v7woUiW.png

I...don't even know how we did really

emrdyrf.png

2tPR6Zw.png

Yeah...

Xs3m9eL.png

zsgPxDt.png

LCLgjfM.png

DXGJS2f.png

"...for you."

You can do that?!

QbX7obC.png

I don't know how all this works...but if I get a badge then bring it on

Vs. Revenant Keta

JIeUxoH.png

Spoiler

D4RmX26.png

In my previous attempts (and there were many) I noticed Hitmontop preferred using Counter even when it didn't make sense. This time though it goes for Dig immediately, so I have to switch

ew5xjCY.png

Coquelicot nulls the Dig, and Hitmontop turns invisible. We recently learned Razor Wind, so I use that a couple times to avoid Counter. We tank a Triple Kick, but eventually manage to get the KO with Peck

Gtj7jM4.png

Pangoro is a major threat to my fragile team. Cerise Toxic's it, then they trade a couple blows before she goes down

fIyadyi.png

While Pangoro gets healed, we charge a Razor Wind, which strikes for super effective damage here against the Dark type opponent. However, we still cannot fell the beast

H6VXNLk.png

Rosso finishes this, though he is damaged in the process

ww85EeQ.png

Another threat...Alizarin only manages 1 hit before falling

ze9lX5G.png

Amaranth brings Hawlucha low before falling, though Hawlucha gets burned striking her

pEpTyXR.png

Rosso is brought to red, but gets the KO

RzFRAYw.png

Rosso puts in a good Blaze-powered Flame Wheel before Sawk drops him

YmCy6e9.png

This is all I have...Burgundy moves first and strikes with Thunder Fang...and gets a flinch! The battle is won!

yOHDNUP.png

I was really let down here by my lack of bulk...I had to make many tries before stealing a win. Right about now is where picking Fennekin would have helped

I don't really know what just happened...was that fight even real? His team was totally different from Keta's...were those mons even real? Or was this like a Dive to the Heart sort of thing? Nonetheless I am victorious.

Spoiler

XZa10Xo.png

I didn't do any of it for you. I was trying to save Melia and Aelita, you were just extra

ZvgcsUZ.png

ln7AXXk.png

Really, everything? That's metal

Keta's Shadow conjures up a new badge for me, then departs this mortal coil. I also get a TM which I (surprisingly) can't use at the moment.

The next destination is Akuwa Town, since maybe we can find Saki Blakeory there. To get there we must pass through Route 3 though, and then Goldenleaf Town...

Spoiler

FBC9xSd.png

Chio7UD.png

CoxYeJ8.png

understatement

9A5xx5t.png

Honestly that place is a terror. The league shouldn't force/encourage people to go there by having a gym, but that's actually pretty representative of real life

While mustering the courage to go to Murder Town, I'm greeted by a familiar face.

Spoiler

I94s97k.png

AyYicRU.png

Heyy~

Amanda tells me about the fallout from recent events

Spoiler

eHDf1KG.png

R7pem5Z.png

Yeah it's...not

rbp1D8i.png

I mean Jenner's a sketchy dude so I'm surprised that wasn't already the case

But of course she has more that just chitchat in mind for me...

Spoiler

hBB3xcg.png

Wait here? Right in front of the checkpoint...? How embarrassing...

kNbQwpu.png

You're going easy on me? You don't think I can handle it??

Vs. Amanda

rRIa7CG.png

Spoiler

o7nrwHQ.png

This is a Drought Ninetales...looks like we're getting hot and heavy right from the get-go.

Ninetales attacks with Incinerate, but I have Scarlet lead with Amnesia to get more turns. Scarlet does great damage with Earth Power (Numel's level up moveset is amazing) and gets the win

onlDxzU.png

Ponyta KOs with Headbutt, guess that shouldn't surprise me

hBNAZ2K.png

Headbutt does less than half, as does our Ancientpower attack. The second Headbutt, however, KOs Amaranth...how annoying

0SouRg6.png

Alizarin brings Ponyta to red, but he too falls...

RsPM4pl.png

Bye

xVOHt2q.png

Burgundy has the upper hand, but Magmar hits a Thunderpunch...which paralyzes. Yeah.

LJQqGAs.png

Bye bye

JtDfAcf.png

Amanda please! Everyone's staring...

Cerise knows Toxic and Water Pulse, so this one is easy

itpWAGm.png

So it was good for you, yeah? That was pretty good for me...

Once again I have bested Amanda. Apparently she also saw Ren, but he looked rather tense...and he challenged her on sight. She won't tell me what happened...

Spoiler

yeJypeq.png

You lost, didn't you. He knew your weak points

She also gave me TM Cut, so that's cool. I am able to catch an Oricorio now...but is the Red Nectar even available in this version? I feel like it's not, just my luck...

With that done, I begin the hike through Route 3. There's one place I'll be wanting to come back to...

Spoiler

b057A7U.png

SGzIRxN.png

Ok ok I get it...

As I recall I can get a Darumaka or a Larvesta from this kid's egg. Which one should I go for? A physical mon with crushing Attack, or a late blooming sweeper to give me Bug coverage?

I eventually encounter a suspect individual...

Spoiler

Yi7roq2.png

whoa there, sailor

qTLKuOS.png

Too strong...TOO STRONG!

zlGTdf9.png

I...don't wanna tell you

m7UtTp4.png

This is all happening rather fast...why does everyone want me today

Vs. Rorrim B.

8DOOtcv.png

Spoiler

BTpmXEf.png

Bye Bye Bye

yNdl89j.png

why

w4iiyZv.png

wHY

M3BWCxB.png

WHYY

Hp6FBDP.png

WHYYSAGFSUGD

2iyqfr9.png

WHY!!!1!!!11!1!1!!1111- oh wait, it's done

LRprq9F.png

...just end

0sRa7m9.png

jUsT eNd

rZTVVmR.png

finally

Who are you...why do you have such a strong shadow mon...WHO ARE YOU

Spoiler

BOABXr8.png

why did you have a shadow pokemon, that's basically cheating

W1PE9Sr.png

...my heart is exhausted from our little encounter here

So now that fake Miror B. is gone I can be on my way. I receive a rude welcoming upon approaching Goldenleaf Town, but I soon see another familiar face:

Spoiler

Kp9hh7U.png

It seems so, I already ran across some hateful scum on the way here

pLAOWC4.png

Can-can we please not...I'm already really tired

9bKn2cn.png

And you're gonna make me do all the work? *sigh*

2wj37rb.png

Just...give me something. Make it worth my time at least...

Vs. Aelita

FGSYGPm.png

Spoiler

yy5lmkj.png

Rosso is more than a match for Scraggy. For background, Scraggy managed to freeze us with Ice Punch in this fight...I swear if we didn't know Flame Wheel I would be screaming right now

OAHj4u0.png

why

afrxs5m.png

wHy

07hn11G.png

please just dIE

fjv2bbq.png

uGH

1jplHeb.png

just go awayy

Ndk3c5y.png

How are you the one out of breath...I thought we established I'm the one doing all the work

Thank you, Earth Power

Kos5cQl.png

Look I've already had a lot of fights today...yours wasn't that good

But you look pretty flexible already so I bet you'll improve~ what is happening

why don't I have any defense

Spoiler

vhvBp87.png

you just said that

oAfHCbj.png

Okay now that's some bullshit. You and I both know that's not true

Aelita goes ahead into Goldenleaf Town. Guess it's my turn now-

Spoiler

7weOBwT.png

oH gODS pLEASE dON'T fIGHT mE

PQBixlE.png

No I thought it went to that other hateful scum town

g1P9O42.png

"...foreigners?"

Yes yes just get on with it

sKlqlXs.png

mmhmm

*Ren puts up the fence*

PIQzY2f.png

aDYAPjt.png

Ok so what the hell are you doing then

euzPE71.png

That's...incredibly selfish. It's not my fault you can't handle the idea of, I dunno...doing it TOGETHER perhaps???

Iq9lFFl.png

I mean so did I...you don't see me becoming a roadblock

sBcU7Va.png

Is this the same Venam I whooped in that gym battle? I did not see any of that skill

1zVddAA.png

Oh could she now...also WHAT?!

hqlb6fH.png

please just go away

So...I'm (still) not going to Goldenleaf Town. 

Honestly I barely made it through one route in this chapter...so many battles, so many of them annoying...I was derelict with my notes since I was getting tilted so hard, you can tell, right?

Next Time, I must be rid of this new obstacle, so I'll be searching out Venam...

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 6: Mystery Dungeon

My search for Venam leads me back to the (supposedly) Abandoned Sewers. She's nowhere to be found, but there is...something that catches my attention.

Spoiler

5hVhLr4.png

Weird shiny hole in the wall? You know I'm checking that out...

On the other side I end up...somewhere. And I'm not alone.

Spoiler

pXH2eJJ.png

So I found Venam, along with...whoever these two are (I guess I already met them...but they're neither memorable nor important.) But where are we, anyway?

Spoiler

o6SsFQs.png

p9kHXtt.png

CeE6tcL.png

Probably not

do9xuYR.png

Oh I guess Luca is the grill 

It actually took a few lines before I even figured that out (again)

P3iVIoa.png

I...guess? Ostensibly that would belong to someone though, right?

0y1J9dP.png

please

1VK1m5A.png

so5EF8K.png

21twFom.png

uASD27K.png

Are...you sure we're not a gang?

IVyiRf3.png

bjtfqx2.png

getting real tired of your shit Lenny

KoSfmcN.png

There's no way it could be that, right? Right??

The gate is locked, because the owner wants to keep people out of their house...especially punk teenagers like us...so of course we (by which I mean I) try to find another way to break in.

Spoiler

ExZsPVn.png

well...yeah

But there's another gate...

Spoiler

ndTGfAT.png

not gonna stop us though

Spoiler

EjdhTws.png

since when was I such a deviant

We enter the house through an open window, because this is literally a burglary now.

Spoiler

1CtSzaU.png

eUTOE2I.png

zjVPOFl.png

Aren't we?

Bt46jmQ.png

So...we are a gang then

oacyMYI.png

I mean, Team Skull really was just a gang though, right? They did not have a goal in mind the way that Aqua or Magma or Galactic or Plasma or Flare did. And they weren't even as organized as Rocket was.

Soon we are confronted by an occupant of this place.

Spoiler

BGAEI8q.png

I already don't like this guy

3cFwDKD.png

Looting it, probably

0o9aXNs.png

Yes, to take stuff

He's not all that happy about us breaking into his house (surprise?) But, like, why/how is his house here anyway?

Spoiler

6cKn1YJ.png

a7vOqTb.png

hmm

Who are you?

Spoiler

6Sxs5Wj.png

tQ3Lu7J.png

Mighty presumptuous of you. I'm almost certain to forget that name actually (again.) Also, last time I checked that much pride is a sin. A deadly one.

q0wxNgA.png

No. I didn't ask for all that either-

FWIoLDN.png

"...Darknesses." That's pretty Kingdom Hearts-y

RPr4ccb.png

Indriad intends to trap us here

Spoiler

ry9fV4I.png

...Is he lying, though?

Lr1hiD4.png

Burglary and now Assault? How am I suppose to take the moral high ground now?

lNjygUs.png

Oh ok he's going to cheat. I don't feel guilty at all now-

WW1cxs8.png

Um

D5fREBD.png

7NAG1v0.png

zjmEOn8.png

What?

So the magic ninja maids warp us away, and I am separated from my..."friends" feels a bit strong to be honest...But when I awake I see a more friendly face.

Spoiler

Pt5AID4.png

qBgCk7M.png

I didn't say anything

fKFcXm9.png

that sounds terrible

This mystery girl tells me to leave immediately. That isn't really an option though...I have to save Venam the other 2 don't matter

Spoiler

e8anLZd.png

Um, the door was unlocked, soo...oh goodness this looks bad

wPhdH9t.png

Well I have to save the others of whatever, soo...

D7eyRP0.png

Yfs0EQI.png

why does this place have crypts

35Tgbad.png

9ziGw8w.png

Should, but can't

IK2S1LU.png

No, unless you can teach me some Plot-no-Jutsu to melt that steel fence

kmihkwF.png

We're acquaintances at best. I don't even know most of their names

She seems like a nice girl.

Spoiler

TfRf5k1.png

yauoK66.png

Maria...nette? Hmm

7TBek4Z.png

children are people too

Marianette decides it's best to speak to her father directly, since he would not like us sneaking around...we have no chance of escaping, do we...

When we go to see Indriad, a maid stops us.

Spoiler

nFEPQoP.png

great...

H0wADbI.png

That's racist

They really are though, aren't they...that's not normal at all 

CasCyXK.png

Apparently this sort of thing is familiar to Maria(nette)

Spoiler

2Xjwm5G.png

k3MzzDc.png

Forces needlessly harmful ordeals onto his young daughter? Yeah he seems like that kind of jerk. You don't even learn anything from it, do you?

ar2O2oS.png

Tn2WxII.png

No, you don't learn anything. He just likes to feel like he's in charge probably

We do find the slacker maid, but she's got some things to say to us as well

Spoiler

3VrZbT1.png

Yeah, this place is infuriating

2l9ePz1.png

I so badly want to say something here, but I won't

After the trial and sub-trial are complete, we go to speak to Indriad

Spoiler

8QwtHqz.png

Ah, so he's also physically abusive to go with the emotional abuse? Gotta complete the set.

TIEVlJe.png

It must be hard being so disgusted all the time

2gau8gs.png

L179gdE.png

*sigh*

Indriad isn't going to let us go, but Maria(nette) has an idea to negotiate our release

Spoiler

ERtyj6e.png

SAWjifC.png

I hope it's a children's card game, I could win that

6GoJbmA.png

60SZn76.png

ca2iYIL.png

RTPaShw.png

Look at her, being all daring. But what if we lose...

Spoiler

DlYigYJ.png

9RSpF4a.png

Wha-!?

x11XuDC.png

I don't like these terms

Indriad also says this, apparently having been reminded of Maria's mother by the exchange

Spoiler

5CePaJm.png

Really..."snatched away?" That unwillingness to accept culpability is sickening

So that's how it is. 

Spoiler

TBIleIu.png

11kLRZw.png

x9oEBUa.png

I don't think burglary is a soul-penalty offense

*I leave with Maria to do the trials*

Xwws97w.png

tGdtKty.png

J6cMCs8.png

suspicious

Maria(nette) has some misgivings about what just happened...

Spoiler

DXeIMyz.png

pldqzqg.png

But that would be cheating-

Who am I kidding, this guy has no honor. Can I just incinerate him and be done with it 

We search the grounds for the trapped souls:

Spoiler

The first one is easy:

UGdlz5F.png

But the second requires more work (I thought they were "in plain sight?")

MIW74le.png

0e6aDIh.png

convenient

1jlJbGm.png

I'm...gonna ignore this one too

292H404.png

You're 10...gaining weight is to be expected

eC9NdR2.png

How does this place even exist

OxOij6u.png

eHYYOek.png

also convenient

And the third is another puzzle:

ZmdVeK7.png

...!

ysMR7Qn.png

xvg4nsw.png

not accurate

j8XjbOO.png

ZWgbLfc.png

She gets it...thing is that should make this puzzle's answers arbitrary

d3xpwkk.png

reach out to the truth

I have to guess the true inner feelings of those who appear before me. It's simple if I assume they are generally people who don't hold a lot of spite in their hearts; still, I found Ren's to be questionable

TaLJS0C.png

Bbbwz4Y.png

If that's true why did you impede me (instead of "being there" for me)? You admitted I could fix the place, so to stop me is to further the problem. Clearly you just wanted to be the guy; your intentions were selfish. It's not like you made a mistake...you chose to stand in my way while admitting I would solve the problem, i.e. you became an antagonist. 

UGdlz5F.png

Km6BMBl.png

KVVu3K2.png

as long as you can see it now

So that's done I guess. Maria(nette) is still bothered by something though...

Spoiler

iaOOlw1.png

vdAOnIP.png

I guarantee it's not

hEQERv9.png

6WiA4B9.png

eFVVzTI.png

ugHws5g.png

True, but ignores the fact that we chose to break in

kYhxPQJ.png

QkfBstm.png

it was destiny~

jeockTt.png

until the plot allowed it

Db1yyJw.png

bJsOvsT.png

why is that a problem

BOb4j1C.png

obviously

PaZS5OA.png

yIO5LXy.png

j1FnHfd.png

You increased our chances of escape from "never" to "just maybe" so there is no harm done here. It's a shame that you have to carry this much guilt anyway. I blame Indriad for that

polyj7s.png

But then Maria(nette) gets called away

Spoiler

J6Yj80G.png

So I'm left alone. Before I go to see what happens next I come across a most...disturbing place:

Spoiler

ZBvPHMz.png

zNyhXDH.png

jJzDTH4.png

ZPJpv2R.png

I don't like this place-

PLojFyr.png

who-

rC3ERzP.png

ENdWpn6.png

Wait, I've heard of Vivian before, right?

K2XyhnC.png

...?

smC28ex.png

rdlMHYb.png

...!

ObXUaQi.png

Wait, I'm not-

*I almost get Blizzaga'd*

6HlmNOQ.png

H-have you...?

3LmMCQ6.png

So, the cold does bother her anyway?

APUODP9.png

uWqD1CU.png

...too late

0KQLBhd.png

JSH4y07.png

402Wtb1.png

O-ok...

fBnK99c.png

Fine, I guess?

LnAGfih.png

00fJh6L.png

I wouldn't...if I learned anything from SMT it's that gods don't care about us (if we're lucky)

mWxv1Qz.png

It seems like it's in decline though

2ujobWW.png

6icdwW9.png

pjSEN7i.png

never heard of that place...so it must not exist

MicLh1W.png

MLkFmIr.png

...?

N79f2Se.png

you gave me no option to say I didn't know though

UzNsr9m.png

sblBXqh.png

wyZjqLO.png

ifBm0ld.png

kJMTyuE.png

But how will I know who to look for-

You know what, I bet it will just come to me

So that happened...another mystery whose answer remains clouded

I've been instructed to enter the white doors on the first floor. I get the feeling there will be a fight soon, so I do some training...I have no intention of struggling in the upcoming battle, I've done enough of that recently. At my current level, the squad can achieve a major power boost, so that is what I do:

Spoiler

7s6qW9J.png

Ohhh Yaaas

V22kImc.png

egggcelllent

Syd37Ym.png

woooondefulll

VhfqT2d.png

Yep, this is happening. I'm very serious about winning the next fight

Through the doors I see an arena. It seems there will be one more trial.

Spoiler

yxKHa4z.png

oh dear

tUPUrIt.png

vgeb9p3.png

wonderful

QXCYbhs.png

7jwoI2r.png

You just said "random type," how am I supposed to be careful?

N04essT.png

otherwise this fight would be truly impossible to prepare for

3MHsuuH.png

cd7Fnck.png

cute

But what she says next is most interesting

6cXLKZF.png

hahahahaha

iswVwUf.png

HAHAHAHAHA

Well, time to get this over with

Spoiler

f0hAcNO.png

There wasn't even supposed to be a "final trial..." leave it to Indriad to move the goalposts when he thinks he might lose

njAfoN0.png

Is it a soul/death penalty offense? No. Should we have expected no consequences from breaking into a stranger's home? Also no

u281UOH.png

Wait, would "badly" involve me winning...or losing?

Vs. Marianette

EfSutos.png

Spoiler

BkfboW6.png

Heliolisk attempts a Multipulse. Unfortunate, since Earth Power wipes it out immediately

tJFDTn9.png

Snuggles moves first (!), and Hammer Arm does heavy damage (I was probably saved by Intimidate.) Alizarin's new Flamethrower removes greater than half Snuggles' health, and scores a burn to boot. Marianette uses a potion here, allowing me the opportunity to fell the beast with 2 more Flamethrowers

P5ApWEf.png

Rosso now knows Close Combat (he learned that before evolving, interestingly enough) and his final form has great speed...so yeah, we destroy Cinccino instantly

A2J9cvj.png

lol

KHw5VTb.png

Chatot does a super effective Hidden Power, but I changed Scarlet's ability to Solid Rock, so we easily tank the hit anyway. Rock Slide then drops Chatot below half. Chatot next goes for Chatter, which of course confuses. Scarlet perseveres though, and another Rock Slide fells the birb

NggNW6s.png

"...go..." So it doesn't natter then? Cuz if not then nothing is counting on this final stretch...

Cerise goes for a Nasty Plot...which doesn't matter since she gets rek'd by a Multipulse. The text indicates to me that it became Psychic type, because of course it did

LNLh2cV.png

not even a little sorry now

HZEzuyQ.png

"...the dark."

"You have obtained the mask used to face life's hardships-"

That's still not right, is it?

That felt good. Maybe my training was overkill...maybe I didn't need to create an Infernape and destroy her with Close Combat...then again she has a Chatot and a Cinccino on the same team so I regret nothing

I put on a dominant performance. Marianette is impressed:

Spoiler

e3jgudG.png

KTKYxC8.png

such beauty...such grace

TKgWfP0.png

wait WHAT

RE8LKfU.png

fNejF5b.png

You're a gym leader? How even-

But then this happens:

Spoiler

8jQbHDJ.png

YDWyrIu.png

aDmNnB9.png

SS45aCb.png

Oh don't even give me that

Kn8Gg4c.png

tlIYaZ4.png

5UIWAWw.png

That's very much moving the goalposts. We only got to this point because you already cheated

2dmIQeN.png

So now you're basically asking Arceus to kill us for you...because you don't like us? Because you want to feel strong? How is this anything other than blasphemy?

335muM7.png

9g4qHPz.png

Because he always cheats. That way he can convince himself he's actually better

3vhrv0y.png

...!

zmxYKss.png

WkAF78J.png

uMNWzoI.png

Are you ever not annoyed? You're one of those people that always finds something to be outraged about

A9OmxaD.png

mr8hb29.png

Oh snap!

S8sNuJ6.png

If you were really superior you would not have to cheat. Every time.

3A142i6.png

well at least that makes one of us

9dYe197.png

l2DglOK.png

Ooh he looks scared now...he's actually a coward. Typical.

8K68AES.png

gDN7L7x.png

0nZPxtN.png

lFCw1ZP.png

aww

VKr1YaL.png

sqbFong.png

Maria is the romantic sort too, isn't she?

5QZDnmy.png

perhaps...

C08VDQx.png

tIi83UP.png

but actually tho

RMV1Xa4.png

whoa

7tNnQRH.png

RMQwaj8.png

Stop it. You're not in charge anymore

jDxH3wK.png

oH sNAP!

8I2Dc8U.png

skKNT36.png

GWgR7O4.png

Hq50a6L.png

utd2bcs.png

wow

I...have no idea what just happened...yet another mystery without explanation.

Somehow we made it out of that...

Spoiler

Cmh836p.png

Wait I didn't know you two were a thing who am I kidding I don't care

iCIAnSk.png

go ahead, it changes basically nothing

QYAJ9VR.png

no part of this sequence would have been different had those two not existed

TuMhlla.png

UOpEc6E.png

your soul would be locked in a small white box

0g5MsR1.png

WGhKXRA.png

ulTDsOT.png

WHAT. D-don't just say things like that

2AR3hOU.png

But...but I got a badge from there. A real badge that I can really use...Surely the league doesn't expect everyone to do that

...this is pretty unnerving.

But I was actually looking for Venam for a reason (you didn't forget, right?)

Spoiler

KA2IpGv.png

"...help?"

YBimDqH.png

aww <3

That was quite the diversion, but I've enlisted Venam's assistance in getting in to Goldenleaf Town.

Next Time, I can (finally) enter that dreadful place...yay.

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 7: Town of Tarnished Gold, Part I

I'm back at the Goldenleaf Gate. No random steel fence is going to inhibit me forever.

Spoiler

hUtjwUM.png

mPVfFzr.png

pucker up

OKYhP6K.png

Easy? I (almost) believe you when you say you went easy on me...almost

KpOkLXD.png

Don't ask me. It never made sense to me either

Venam has a few more words with me before leaving for...whatever she's going to do now.

Spoiler

wbSl4HE.png

Your soul would be locked in a tiny box, we've been over this

XD16DUF.png

Still haven't seen it yet

wBXfLdl.png

m7kmr5Q.png

Um, no, actually her name is-

ai0OClX.png

Well then...these two must have some history

Anyways, I proceed into Goldenleaf Town, a place widely known to be kind of miserable.

Spoiler

H9M6XBc.png

"...this place."

In this country we'll bypass dangerous places with high crime, but also just for being too poor or too black (not necessarily in that order either) so this doesn't seem like a fantasy to me

The townspeople are, unsurprisingly, openly hostile towards me. I did find something nice here though:

Spoiler

IMQGuoK.png

I actually lowered the level to learn some missed level up moves (namely Bonemerang). I also did collect a Thick Club, so that's happening

The townspeople don't like foreigners at all.

Spoiler

y478TrO.png

zg5KKAO.png

You could just close the gym. No one would come here. Also you're a bad influence on Snubbull

But don't think they stop at just cruel words. They are willing to actually kill people for daring to step foot in Goldenleaf Town. I saved the neck of one young lass

Spoiler

ZLj1rl6.png

I'm not your bro

why are you yelling

Oh, and this happened too

Spoiler

ejG3wWF.png

I'll need some Heart Scales before you reach your potential

l4zxVz8.png

Had to lower the level again after this for Will-o'-Wisp and Shadow Bone (weird that that isn't an evolution move)

I find my way toward a big, important-looking building. It turns out to be a theatre.

Spoiler

m0waXub.png

There's literally no other reason to come to this horrible town

t8lHb8X.png

Oh, this should be good...why?

n3oT5sA.png

iVllIi8.png

how does that make sense

This person (who is the gym leader Narcissa) says only residents get to have theatre/gym privileges. Basically I have to become one (never gonna happen), or...

Spoiler

L6WEQNz.png

You just said you won't let me challenge the gym because I'm an outsider...what kind of Catch-22 is this? Literally just close the gym if you're going to waste my time with that nonsense 

mmsnG51.png

I...I don't even know what you want anymore. But I get the feeling you don't either

Narcissa tells me to pacify some 'unruly' visitors in the Pokémon Center if I wish to fight the gym leader, so I guess that's happening.

Spoiler

KvtqPtj.png

It's too late for a meet-cute Aelita

z2214vL.png

this town isn't that big tbh

I was in like an alternate past dimension or something so...

MlAsNSO.png

prolly cuz this town is full of ghost trainers

All the people we see are here because they're sick of dealing with the rude townspeople. it's not long before those same troublemakers failed murderers (they tried to lynch a little girl earlier, anything description less than this is too forgiving) show up. They want us to leave or whatever

Spoiler

8zH610w.png

ln9O7pY.png

Unless lynching is allowed in this backwards town...I wouldn't put it past them

4ycVUXD.png

Please, you don't want us to leave. You would have no one to feel superior to then. No way to boost your fragile egos, nothing with which to define your pitifully weak self-image. If you really wanted to keep people out you could. I've seen your type before.

e815Jyr.png

lol

After I defeat them (again), they try to jump me outside...but again, I have a Houndoom, soo...no. They were going to try to wear me down with 3 consecutive fights, but that doesn't work out for them (not like it would have mattered anyway)

Spoiler

AsDGZnJ.png

qxUlO9J.png

FBeW6i0.png

p5lKxJa.png

This Pangoro belongs to the girl I saved earlier. 

After I report to Narcissa she tells me to see her in Wispy Tower. 

After I pass through Wispy Path I find myself at the entrance to Goldenwood Forest (the one that was blocked earlier.) I wonder if I can pass now?

Spoiler

Egw2ko6.png

dNdAqlW.png

IlE2qnv.png

umm

T2Rw7pl.png

Hi, I guess

gfKfq4l.png

well excuuuse me, princess

BO9pHMd.png

This would be easier if you had a neuralyzer

TAmGHLm.png

gD3REzb.png

wouldn't have to be if you could just erase my memory

XpyKEIU.png

"...Aevium Department." This...doesn't seem like a police matter

JrYAsWZ.png

wait that's still there?!

Agent C is actually blind. He must be highly skilled

Spoiler

Nci6MDX.png

that's pretty cool-

zqPgxWV.png

Wait, they're Bug Pokémon? How does that even work...I thought you were gonna say Psychic, and Bug/Psychic is still not a thing

WAr6LZS.png

He decides to test me first though

Spoiler

NJx8Spm.png

This was deceptively challenging since he uses Araquanid and Golisopod

4FzizsW.png

quite

The job is to subdue the Dimensional Gyarados still haunting Goldenwood Lake. No one has been able to tame it...

Spoiler

wD1lOdI.png

why did no one invent a Dimensional Poke Ball

So, I'll take on this mission since no one else can

Spoiler

ovZ5oj5.png

G0IPpgk.png

oh dear

2QnTAza.png

Honey, I'm home

Vs. Dimensional Gyarados

09J3YvC.png

Spoiler

VsXiI5F.png

51Rx3eI.png

XBmWN3p.png

wCvkuDO.png

kyPgGkq.png

good riddance

So I've brought peace to both Gyarados and this forest.

Spoiler

nKz1t92.png

JjeLbi8.png

UdWNrRA.png

It's full of midnight Lycanroc now. Seems kinda dangerous tbh

k13VMx3.png

SXEKNy0.png

well that sounds promising

With that little diversion out of the way I head to Wispy Tower.

Spoiler

nVFaIvE.png

They're back...Destiny beckons

Inside I find Narcissa brooding

Spoiler

LQNnAxi.png

JJGYEj4.png

HTJxwCk.png

ELjFMY1.png

Oh now that is interesting. Tell me more...

Spoiler

n1Wbq0G.png

2Scme7h.png

yes

kob8OfF.png

not an excuse

N8YwWCS.png

k58FSTI.png

Exactly.

z2jBMsf.png

qo7h9JV.png

nXdcRe2.png

"...noose."

I feel like you used too many words there. She's allowed this to go on too long, they've even got kids running around lynching people. Kids who don't know anything other than what they've been told, kids who do what they do just because "we're supposed to hate outsiders."

FEOJxdO.png

Weird, Ren was afraid I'd fix everything too fast. One of them is living a fantasy, and it annoys me that it's apparently Narcissa

She then tells me to meet her in the gym. On the way we see Aelita again

Spoiler

cwqa9mH.png

"...mind."

Look I already-

5pqdsRd.png

"...against foreigners."

Yk3bcIr.png

npbmxes.png

"...way?"

rwGtVOp.png

Surprisingly, that seems to be everyone except the one named 'Narcissa'

kAu8Fng.png

WMcxej5.png

Yeah, tell her, Aelita!

-except I already did, soo...

7qHKNEa.png

pVrj9j9.png

"...change."

317YizY.png

yes if only

J066qBf.png

"...they would never listen to me." 

You're not really their leader then, at least not how they see it

dOmxOrZ.png

1RN5dCd.png

Pfs2IGH.png

"...the heart."

QyDdTNm.png

I don't think I'd lose any sleep burning these people if I have to 

VVWNRkX.png

Hmm interesting. What is this idea of hers?

Before she can share, something else distracts us. There's a mysterious person on top of the theatre...

Spoiler

cb6Np5p.png

Lalywv9.png

mqQN862.png

Hmm...

JZ3SAHx.png

How rude-

Q8i3Lnb.png

KwCOuDg.png

Not gonna lie, this feels like cheating. I always understood Double Team to be a sort of afterimage technique, but he's using it like its Kage Bunsin-no-Jutsu. When do I get TM Shadow Clone?

I guess nominally speaking this makes sense, but the actual move description suggests otherwise

Bk2HJZT.png

"...office?"

Indeed I am

5ck85RL.png

already knew that

upPthVY.png

unless you have Shadow Mewtwo I'm not even a little scared of you

67n2uqE.png

EyY6HwR.png

Yeah no that's definitely on your hands. Not gonna intimidate me like that

But he gets interrupted first, since we're in the middle of town and all and this is kind of a big scene he's made

Spoiler

F5omOYt.png

Do you really call this stealth?

6bUFqsQ.png

jXb2efH.png

s6R1GgK.png

Y'all tried to lynch a girl earlier, and I'm crazy...I'll not abide that double standard

QZUWjRA.png

"...please!"

You're the only one that thinks that

bSVIgtF.png

UyEXIVg.png

Ok...

1. She's not dead

2. You're standing next to a murdering maniac

But really there's not much reasoning with these people. Clearly a sub-human like me should just know my place

So I get locked up. Geara's still around though (sort of? he's doing some weird ghosty thing anyway)

Spoiler

cXPLga1.png

EWRzEC1.png

OyyoRsX.png

Yeah you're very much an idiot, that much is clear

jy6nUVh.png

CongIKA.png

you didn't have to have this monologue here

I'm in jail, but not for long

Spoiler

4Mnrhoc.png

9rATy86.png

"...us?"

You're a truly miserable person. Also, that's clearly projection

9SHYkIa.png

yep, projection

qsrHaC0.png

Don't think I won't burn you. Because I will; we've established you can't stop me

zjcgR5M.png

you should know better than to say things like that

4iBrr8x.png

xIwlOhR.png

See?

g6Q5qsE.png

Hi

Mosely tells me what she learned form listening to Geara's monologue. It looks like Wispy Tower is somewhere I'll want to investigate further

Spoiler

uWdkGDR.png

She even decides to come with me!

Spoiler

QWDDDWo.png

sINUpT5.png

N9HwjNf.png

oh snap

wrkEF8R.png

So yeah, let's see about that place.

Spoiler

QSizBpe.png

that wasn't there before

HK135xV.png

4PCHvS5.png

nIttaP9.png

So you admit they're pointless then? Can you just stop talking then

JswAqLG.png

885h9fG.png

yeesh that's projection if I've ever seen it

Geara then leaves, locking a bunch of doors behind him. Mosely shows up to support me (but she won't actually fight with me, Pangy is too tired from eating that girl or whatever)

Spoiler

zuWdP19.png

actually tho

4k7v1OU.png

probs will be tho

CLXxh8K.png

Again, I didn't really get that from her, just everyone else

While I'm beating up on the Xen dudes, I come across some illuminating journal entries (I hope this is the correct order):

Spoiler

NFDkc8c.png

aoYhfh5.png

8uJBuIE.png

"...much more intense."

vJhNM2E.png

RfPuT9T.png

"...in."

njFxKrW.png

tFyuq5y.png

"...the mind of anyone who listened."

Sirius...that sounds like a villain's name (but let's ignore Sirius Black for now)

xUbyYeB.png

"...together."

YdEOhIe.png

MlOMiVm.png

NeQBejJ.png

YaFKuo0.png

...!

s0Fetl9.png

sounds familiar

2gWKHTI.png

those people are the most chilling

bUw2X83.png

Tl4dyDx.png

this person was thoroughly captivated

7RoW7Lp.png

h60KlY4.png

fLfYbHw.png

"...'perfect' to you?"

wx6A8P9.png

"...doing."

Unfortunate

L5mMKyc.png

"...about this?"

Eventually I manage to open all the doors.

Spoiler

VWnhPAR.png

5kI12OM.png

vhDX0d1.png

H0ynmm1.png

alTQqnh.png

Mosely and Narcy(?) go ahead of me. They are promptly caught...

Spoiler

Ed1jclE.png

5evMzMh.png

z2pC158.png

"tries?"

1RzspB1.png

Looks like I have to fight what're-their-names again

Vs. Eli and Sharon

tey6cwX.png

Spoiler

0bEEsG3.png

Mismagius fell easily to Beat Up, and I can spam Lava Plume with impunity

4MH79YI.png

TNS3iMl.png

Rhydon fell immediately to a Water Pulse from Cerise

yrQrwJQ.png

Qp6vZdo.png

Don't ask me how Tangrowth managed to outlast Gyarados, potions were involved.

hxAXGZ4.png

5tkpJ7M.png

Milotic nearly swept my squad alone...

Gyarados and Milotic...yeesh

These two are not at all invested in what's happening here (but then again, none of the other Xen dudes I fought to get here were either...)

Spoiler

ecWdLtS.png

k1b56pj.png

sure, why not

Next Time I'll continue my exploration since this already has more than enough frames

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 8: Town of Tarnished Gold, Part II

When we last saw our heroine, she had just (barely) defeated Eli and Sharon again in order to un-trap Mosely and Narcissa.

Spoiler

1OpXAdF.png

this is unforgivable

Mosely, Narcy-

Spoiler

rv1yisb.png

it seems appropriate

and I continue downstairs. I find one more journal entry...

Spoiler

2zS1qo0.png

mwhzeIH.png

vMPdvow.png

"...upstairs or we'll die for sure."

6UbfhV8.png

!?

IZTtRjA.png

No. NO!

And before us is something most shocking.

Spoiler

e9i4wrJ.png

oWQVMgy.png

oh snap!

VXqTmi0.png

Doesn't seem so. But Geara has some exposition for us, because he's definitely the smug type who would

Spoiler

fAzghAy.png

ar6zMng.png

..."that name?"

YcsVCvD.png

BoIPuP2.png

So what he wanted in life was everything. Not even just a lot of something, but EVERYTHING

Bq3tuZw.png

Unless he gets to be that god, of course

fITI97K.png

ow my ears

Did the whole "I want to be a god" thing never come up while he was romancing you, Narcissa? I guess he was just so overwhelmingly charming that you didn't notice...admittedly that seems plausible

SJPFnIv.png

oh but there's more

w3bT5uW.png

N4DgxSa.png

So he can feel like he's in charge...everything is a power game

htT53xJ.png

tc2Rxev.png

GhwW7Na.png

someone didn't want that new world to happen...

VjOljMz.png

I read the journals. It's all true...

But none of this really explains why Geara is here though...what does he seek to accomplish?

Spoiler

pgBmDii.png

for...what?

ecZeWVG.png

Dude I don't even know you. You're taking this awfully personally

zPzUBeB.png

That's basically all it has. As I recall Giratina hates everything material merely for existing. And it was literally born that way 

So Geara brought all these Xen dudes down here just to settle this one-sided grudge with me...no wonder none of them wanted to be here, no part of this was necessary

Spoiler

cTOtyPW.png

Gregory?

Znhukql.png

Whoa where did that come from?? There's even more history I don't know about??

mi9z88r.png

...?

qcffQRA.png

To be honest it'll probably just eat your soul or something...I wouldn't do it if I were you

hF5PNV2.png

oh dear

Vs. Geara

OcPqtEu.png

why do we have the same hair

Spoiler

9hhAvWn.png

Frillish falls immediately to Beat Up. Haunter did...something, but took high damage from Flamethrower

M6mwxOd.png

Burgundy's 6 hit Beat Up removes half of Giratina's (Gearatina! no way that's an accident) health, Haunter gets healed, then damaged again. Giratina uses Aura Sphere on Alizarin (a poor decision). Burgundy is able to fell the legendary demon, but Alizarin falls

r3Q9vgW.png

wIPRO42.png

YvQJDgQ.png

9aJRfqK.png

Your ghost team only hit my Houndoom like 1 time...this is on you

Geara your soul looks like it's leaking out...you should watch that

So he was all talk (duh)

Spoiler

z5rZX0j.png

clearly not

gk16B7l.png

it is when the legend is commanded by an idiot like you

c7tiIIh.png

Unbelievable! Inconceivable!

By now Narcy (who didn't help me in the fight...) seems to really recognize Geara

Spoiler

jp0Ia3I.png

u1hJG1O.png

he seems really bratty tho

mR5hEBz.png

nSu12q2.png

I could still fight you like 2 or 3 more times, nothing would change

But she's had enough of this tantrum he's throwing.

Spoiler

2riTONC.png

Wait what do you mean "take him away?!" You mean like to the Shadow Realm?

JiENgPd.png

683EmfN.png

Narcissa banishes him to...somewhere (she did that way to easily...no way it's her first time)

Spoiler

85dpE7c.png

OMZm39N.png

Or this plane of existence?

A2Q2zeZ.png

shade

jJjsPOw.png

"...for once."

She knows she's a bratty kid. I respect that

pLDCFqW.png

We then retire to Narcy's house, where she even prepares for us a delicious meal!

Spoiler

tBhZDtS.png

Oh and Aelita is here. She didn't die either, after all. She is a bit perturbed about going down so easily though, so she now has renewed motivation

Spoiler

SrILfh5.png

pretty sure it was nighttime

j7kI32r.png

That sounds kind of like a confession...you're a nice girl but my heart's not ready for that...

EF727v4.png

And now Narcy is shipping us, see what you did?

Aelita's like third on my list at best though, and I haven't even met all of my waifus companions yet. 

Maybe you'll have a better shot with me if Melia really never comes back though

We still intend to fix this disturbed town, but we need a plan.

Spoiler

ASNdsWD.png

pxn9Mza.png

listening

Kx759Qt.png

XMOAvZB.png

When did you do that? Putting on these productions is not easy at all

W7yWnbL.png

HhwOoxk.png

L3D1Cy1.png

FtIQPCS.png

Would it still work if you just threw the match?

DyNNuIG.png

She actually understood that the first time! She's improving!

Since Narcissa needs me to win the fight, I should do some research...better ask Jan

Spoiler

qtOz1X1.png

Why is the theatre haunted? Seems like that might disturb the audience

bO2HATp.png

"...pretty weak here as well."

tSr4FUu.png

VYgCMXS.png

"...Pokémon's defense."

P6kk6M4.png

"...Soundproof, it won't do anything."

Not relevant to me unfortunately

mP7FKar.png

9DYIpZm.png

"...turn on her."

There's only one mon I can get that can learn Flash, and it is still far out of reach

4dZhUAg.png

fun fact

rbm39nm.png

c9JxJZ0.png

Tempting fate, aren't you?

What Jan did not say there is that certain Fire moves gain additional Ghost typing in this field, including Flame Burst and Flame Charge (and I even already found that TM!)

Narcissa is here to begin the show. But I'm not alone...

Spoiler

sFAoyX8.png

Nb3uSoJ.png

To think you have the audacity to show your face in front of me at this point

bFqXorJ.png

j4BoOmQ.png

everyone can see you becoming a nuisance but you Ren

AiOY1bh.png

SPQSQkf.png

an even worse excuse than before

dkMubmC.png

"...actions."

4VjG42o.png

ZV2ni1G.png

You and I both know the play only makes sense if I'm the one that beats you though...

fUoxUpQ.png

Webb8xY.png

*sigh*

nWXllXE.png

I don't care that much about fighting her first or second, I still get a badge either way. However...you're really being a pain so I have to teach you a lesson

So it's to be a competition then...

Spoiler

kQaz3CA.png

"To denounce the evils of truth and love/

To extend our reach to the stars above/

Narcissa! Candela! And Ren (that's right wrong!)

Team Rejuv blast off at the speed of light/

Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

IpgmY8s.png

I know it though...

7TXmWwa.png

He's been thickheaded lately...I question if he will get it

aabMh7H.png

He's opposing both me and progress just because he wants to be the hero. His intentions have already become twisted

19AOInz.png

After I navigate Narcissa's extremely haunted gym/theatre

Spoiler

YvWXUB0.png

Y4l2S0z.png

xUGIRgx.png

I'm almost at the stage. I manage to arrive at the same time as Ren (even though he had a headstart...)

Spoiler

Z1SNJLR.png

MBsKXcV.png

Because for the play's finale to make sense it has to be me

Wm2ZYle.png

"...just one battle."

Not really. You're being over-/melodramatic

X3bDYnm.png

To think you have the audacity to think me your friend at this point

Since Ren is now an obstacle, I must be rid of him

Vs. Ren

RzFz0fJ.png

Spoiler

MU60DLr.png

My goal here was really just to soften up Sableye. Crimson fights admirably against Sableye's status hax. She is defeated, but not before wasting some potions

pOZOu8a.png

Rosso fells Sableye with some Flame Charges, but takes a couple Shadow Claws in return

eWe7OB9.png

Greninja is fully capable of sweeping my team alone, which is why gaining speed boosts against Sableye was a necessity. With increased speed Rosso can strike first to OHKO with Close Combat

5i00xMR.png

Scrafty manages to survive a Close Combat (figures...), so Rosso is defeated

kRni5JI.png

Apparently Ren still has a potion, so Cerise does not get revenge. She does Toxic Scrafty though

za99TKD.png

Alizarin doesn't get the KO either (what is happening...)

H0CkB66.png

But Burgundy is clutch, as usual

ITqlmW8.png

It's a mirror match, but my partner proves superior

dYxlAHo.png

Burgundy gets off one good Thunder Fang before falling

N2TU5QE.png

Scarlet eats Honchkrow's attack, but finished the job

0Mdzyx7.png

You're not good. Get over it

This was troublesome. Greninja is way too fast for me, so I weathered a couple Scald sweeps before getting it right

Ren's upset about losing

Spoiler

y9nOslR.png

UNh0e7G.png

Only if you let them be nothing. Stop being so hardheaded

VFYt3d4.png

PeOQt5s.png

"...significantly different."

I have yet to do anything really...so no clue what you're going on about

8FZc0PI.png

Narcissa is the only one I felt that from

7awwHXN.png

jwwpZkL.png

You just said you haven't accomplished anything. I can and will fix this, so just get out of my way.

EY0JAL4.png

0IqTVHH.png

iGhNeMe.png

F27UnWA.png

Ok but you definitely would lose. The dark nerf here is pretty severe

Now that that annoyance has been brushed aside, I can take the stage across from Narcissa

Spoiler

G0ia5FC.png

GSGC19C.png

YCUaUJo.png

Vs. Narcissa

3nCLQb8.png

Spoiler

8B9vlqf.png

Cerise goes for Nasty Plot, and easily tanks a Sludge Wave. Flame Burst easily one-shots Gengar

NoEq2jL.png

Another Flame Burst erases Rotom

67SORql.png

Cerise Toxic's Spiritomb, who does Spite. Narcy would use her potions, but they fail to keep Spiritomb standing (?) after my barrage of Flame Bursts

ZuParx9.png

Mismagius is faster, so a Spectral Scream drops Cerise

FUxSvpq.png

Mismagius goes for Nasty Plot but is hit hard by Flame Charge. With our now higher speed Burgundy gets a clean KO with another Flame Charge

xBSQZnU.png

So I figure there's a high chance Chandelure has Flash Fire. Scarlet barely survives a Spectral Scream, but Earth Power does the same to Chandelure. Chandelure eats a Sitrus Berry, then finished Scarlet with Flame Burst (to insult me, probably)

ADgNNhp.png

Burgundy does a Feint Attack, but the field nerf makes the damage somewhat pitiful. He takes a Confuse Ray, but still gets the KO

Ey7zVqU.png

"...time."

Mimikyu does a Swords Dance, then Alizarin's Flame Charge breaks its Disguise. Unfortunately we are still slower, so a Shadow Claw destroys him

qzKTssn.png

Burgundy takes a strong Shadow Claw to hit with Flame Charge. This time my mon does become faster, so a second Flame Charge ends it thus

A7Ewvsn.png

This time the field gave me a very useful buff, so it was surprisingly easy

The battle is won! (Hold for applause)

Spoiler

8CEcKp7.png

a happy ending

mIXfBtr.png

oLxGo7v.png

Not everyone was entertained though

Spoiler

mYCD0VN.png

I expected a better slur

FTf7P02.png

Or you threw the fight-

No, that's not what happened

phKc51n.png

Perish the thought...

You weren't even around to see why Narcissa ever thought it was a good idea to be isolated. You have no investment in the town's hate; you're just blindly wandering around in it

WGWqKAw.png

You can't even handle not being terrible when nothing has happened to you...Imagine if you actually faced a hardship, like any hardship really

6TnSrNR.png

Wdcw8n4.png

But no one would welcome you, because you're terrible.

Our production was a hit though. I even got another badge out of it.

Spoiler

aqVi1Ea.png

pretty good for your first time~

KrTQ7tx.png

eSSDfXc.png

I get the feeling I'll be needing every one of those levels soon

We also get a peek at what's going on with Geara over in the Shadow Realm

Spoiler

VCjt7sb.png

NFT9Ncd.png

JevTu82.png

dAwGO8E.png

fJxo5J7.png

KYSrvhv.png

QKDjLF5.png

"...world."

Wm5ZFW3.png

S***

Now Aelita and I can (finally) get back to our journey to find Saki Blakeory in Akuwa Town. We'll have to pass through Route 4 to get there...wherever that is...

Spoiler

lXms7Tf.png

actually tho

Z8B0BwI.png

*Narcissa casts 'reveal secret door' or something*

J6sLIFn.png

jhBWwBl.png

I suppose so, but this hero syndrome will surely get us into (even) more trouble

Next Time we head to Route 4, and then Akuwa Town!

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 9: In Search of Saki

Before I leave Goldenleaf Town we get a peek at what's going on with Ren

Spoiler

29Ce2Bc.png

ae3M8Ae.png

Honestly...you're acting like one of the more pathetic people I've seen in a while

p4GcdMk.png

It just...amazes me that you found a way to be miserable after what I did. Pride is a foolish, fatal thing. 

Also, I thought you wanted to avenge Melia or whatever...what happened to that?

YOdFTs8.png

excuse me

ya64ohH.png

"Precious" like it's precious that he could get this angry about this non-issue?

zGgH04e.png

VIAnvWu.png

guess you better go with her then

Also before I leave, there is another errand to complete...

uf2PenH.png

At this point I was still undecided on what to pull from this egg. But as it turns out, the decision was made for me.

Spoiler

CqB9wrX.png

if this is what Destiny has in store for me then that's fine

I was prepared to cheat alter the mystery egg variable, but it seems this time I am a lucky boi grill ;) 

Spoiler

C1zCCa3.png

UkcDQVT.png

that 7 SAttack is kind of an eyesore, but seeing as how Volcarona has base 135 in that stat I doubt it will matter

Now I travel to Route 4 with Aelita. It's an attractive area, though perhaps a bit gaudy for my taste

Spoiler

1pXmlgg.png

8F3xbPi.png

Look I know you've got nice legs and all but I would consider covering them

What I'm wearing is barely different so I can't even say that

Mere steps into the area I find myself in a strange situation though...

Spoiler

h9EtSx8.png

...what is happening right now

srouiHy.png

Now that was some solid punsmanship. A girl after my own heart

X1no2Po.png

Ready and willing~

So I end up playing hide and seek with Nim. It's pretty fun I guess

Spoiler

nOa3y5i.png

it's "Bayleef"

eTSuFB0.png

HHjS0d8.png

hqm8Pkp.png

So you feel it too? I thought there was something there~

q0cet0j.png

NhAIU6F.png

Can we settle it in Smash this time...? Not gonna lie, I don't want to battle you again

2fWGxcg.png

OMG yes

qHY4bND.png

*click*

sF2AzmK.png

k5TQq0F.png

G5Lrv2p.png

this one is actually pretty tame

4PKEj8S.png

e8BEKOE.png

just don't

nzQDZzS.png

aZSBmsq.png

I dunno

H0iQNZw.png

XFrV6tF.png

SYsSbiX.png

DIq4uHS.png

3zoWZBw.png

yet

what am I saying that does not make sense either

I spot another familiar face here

Spoiler

p3wTyQT.png

5nBJtEg.png

What alternative is there...are you breaking in?

iDw0Xe5.png

of course

ojH67eO.png

I don't

*I find Mosely's key*

1Z2FAHA.png

Hi Maman. This is a place where Maman looks after displaced children like Mosely

SWEDsgB.png

cool

One more happening of note:

Spoiler

J1DrAIU.png

don't know if it will ever really make sense to actually use Shell Smash, but I have it

But that's enough playing around. I need to get into Akuwa Town.

Spoiler

bzX1r3M.png

maybe I should listen NONSENSE I'M GOING IN DAMMIT

ylpisaD.png

there's a time and place for such things, this is neither

cdEvSmm.png

TRZMdNQ.png

XWJAZwF.png

*Nim warps us*

TmNCUYE.png

Ok I admit this place is more private at least. But Aelita is waiting...I shouldn't be having a tryst right now

Vs. Nim

BfEHM0E.png

Spoiler

bB5PwSQ.png

I target Solrock first. Solrock goes down, but not before blowing Rosso away.  Burgundy survives two rounds and brings Lunatone to red 

rcrL1re.png

Burgundy drops Lunatone here before Malamar Superpowers him out of existence. Luckily Rose erases Malamar with a Bug Bite

VQDjCYz.png

Meowstic defeats Rose easily with Psychic...but Crimson is faster than Duosion so a Shadow Bone drops it before it acts

63FLZRv.png

Meowstic targets and defeats Alizarin...but that's all according to keikaku (probably)

XGn66zw.png

I hope I've eased your stress~

This one was a major pain, but we did it once I worked to match her levels

Spoiler

h82Nj8v.png

H85Lxb2.png

You were, it took me at least 6 or 7 tries

c9TqcUz.png

f6Auk6P.png

BEnismO.png

OK, what is that supposed to mean? Now's not the time to be vague

TGEmnm7.png

except the truck guy

Lb6jd19.png

gXKzcFf.png

hobpKKU.png

uh oh

QVzvCOR.png

"...town."

AFMiMDQ.png

"...force you..."

Actually you can...I can't even leave this place without your help

yNCfi8b.png

...any way? 

cUBv3ir.png

Not gonna lie, I didn't know what you were about to say. It was...what's the word? I guess I'll go with thrilling

oJ2VjSp.png

kC1J1fi.png

It does actually

*Nim exhibits symptoms of some unknown ailment*

Iy7IWj7.png

You're hard to ignore. You're far too interesting for that

Before I wander into a likely mistake, I do indeed go and collect a bicycle. Also, in preparation for the not-too-distant future I use a Fire Stone:

Spoiler

kHbYj8m.png

He has to be Arcanine in order to relearn Thunder Fang. But since I didn't want to give up Heat Wave and/or Outrage and/or Flare Blitz, he was trained all the way to 45 first. 

That done I step into the Akuwa gate. It's empty...

aDaXrA5.png

Not a good sign.

The town is much the same, but there is someone...

Spoiler

baddoWl.png

Aelita asks me to retrieve a defibrillator

Spoiler

5QaOzh0.png

which wakes him up.

Spoiler

iZOZwXH.png

ihTrSjd.png

The nerve of old people these days, being all crotchety yet expecting the young'uns to somehow not become rude like them

GZBHKjU.png

"...can't remember..."

Hmm

So he was no help at all. We keep searching...

Spoiler

L3D1xJu.png

nTKqsV1.png

qITTndm.png

I mean, yes, but there is never a good scenario where that happens

q3iE1Lb.png

So we head to the Aquarium...

Spoiler

aVliWux.png

wait so that music is real what about the other overworld music or the battle themes-

I should remember it's just a game, I really should relax

xWvIOYa.png

yes, was here

VwgOVdK.png

7bSH1YV.png

hmm

Jh2UY9I.png

073XdRh.png

eFiDVo9.png

actually tho

sxbdnfq.png

vRMgXb2.png

psi0R8x.png

8lJNI4p.png

The audio file is extremely distressing though...

Spoiler

3bILiUB.png

yJAu3fi.png

"...at the Akuwa Aquarium!"

EuglONf.png

D0qTgWV.png

A8cqccy.png

2noAzz5.png

RajQxMF.png

jlDSWd9.png

fr39pg9.png

VaHI1w2.png

vjvnoGQ.png

...!

VZVx7Nw.png

What indeed? It sounded like-

Spoiler

IV1PQC1.png

!!!

SibmrF1.png

No, my name is Candela, and this is-

DKMSODL.png

Actually we were looking for Saki

VutVAmI.png

"Those guys?"

fcihFLn.png

that's what I said

LsqYqVx.png

UMa40Ge.png

Ho7c7Tf.png

v4PnDA2.png

EKGeK24.png

what does that mean???

Then the power goes out. We should probably get out of-

Spoiler

KoQZrop.png

d8sqZvr.png

qPuM2uB.png

oh snap

DGT0i6Q.png

bfgwLVh.png

Imn6Waw.png

b2N5xnq.png

f4U4aFZ.png

oH sNAP

We manage to make it outside, but...

Spoiler

StaD0j2.png

5qekNCk.png

IiaONWm.png

*we fight a bunch of offscreen battles*

uF3axQh.png

I've never had this many all at once...

cJdfL2M.png

krz40mn.png

SfQiPeY.png

g4OJNuh.png

So we are spirited away...

Spoiler

XxsEiPu.png

iaEY8SF.png

that was like 2 or 3 kinds of depressing all at once

VRkmZO2.png

"...romantic picnic somewhere."

c2Qai5G.png

Now this guy is shipping us too

Surprisingly, I did not depart on a romantic dalliance with a pretty girl...we were actually Taken.

What will happen to us?

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 10: Imprisoned, Part I

After (foolishly) being captured in Akuwa Town, Aelita and I are brought to a prison camp...

Spoiler

kONrc9m.png

k22aEvD.png

Do I know that name?

FhoJ9oR.png

You can if you're a Bad GuyTM

LZuCL0N.png

TgBmtue.png

"...apparent sooner or later."

Just following orders

0I18lWt.png

Ul9mKwZ.png

Actually though. They don't even realize they are also prisoners

Then we are taken to a cell, which I guess we're sharing? Seems like a mistake.

Spoiler

Z4EJ1se.png

ieSiJpk.png

It was nice of them to give us a houseplant. And a bed and chair. And a bookshelf even...doesn't seem so bad all things considered

vcPg22G.png

o.0

nlrfIDU.png

who is she

So we're locked in this small room, but the guards didn't actually confiscate any of our stuff...

Spoiler

WG5g2oP.png

explain. EXPLAIN!

EPtwZY4.png

"...we're on the island."

0Px7V8y.png

"...respond."

why are they even vulnerable to that sort of thing

As it turns out we can't use Poke Balls in the prison, because of course not, that would be too easy. 

Spoiler

DYAmwkm.png

Yep, she's one of those. Who are you anyway?

kLr9LKV.png

you stop that

966R06W.png

surprisingly, yes

EDXIHl3.png

cdHx9uE.png

We actually only looked in one place, then stuff happened, then we found her anyway. Maybe you forgot since the Goldenleaf thing wasn't actually related to finding Saki at all

qjOLWHN.png

I guess that joke almost made sense

I6xRY77.png

honestly that's like asking her to stop breathing

But soon the guards take Aelita away for questioning...I guess I get the room to myself after all (so they planned that ahead of time?)

Spoiler

aq3Axkr.png

"...out of the blue like that."

xAUlw1m.png

qBSrIpJ.png

Now that you've said that, she's sure to be in trouble

y4ABzmD.png

Is that why you got 2 chairs?

Now it's time for work, I guess...All the doors are opened.

Spoiler

qnWfspM.png

heh

x5Nf3Tn.png

H-hey, don't look so hard...

VgA8EJD.png

does it

AdXdfB9.png

"...or something?" Leaving a whole lot of room for interpretation, aren't we?

FoRtPwA.png

wow you made up your mind on that pretty quickly

Anyways now I have the opportunity to chat with the other detainees (and rummage through their rooms, because I'm a bad kid)

Spoiler

Ts2WA2l.png

"...you two arrived."

dleAbiZ.png

LurKOei.png

hmm

2tkl84X.png

QsIQr2x.png

87vVbs8.png

"...terrifying."

the hell could that possibly be

In the Quarry I meet Saki again. She's not alone this time.

Spoiler

pv3u4L6.png

"...back from war." Nim already made that joke

8ZvH3kX.png

I don't know why you even expect her to come back in that case

HeSmACm.png

Water gym leader = swimming all the time. C'mon Adam, it's basic stuff 

uwe59Kb.png

you mean like right now

jr93CsU.png

Why...? Did something happen, other than "she was cold and wet?"

c6fT0qu.png

Wait we're on first name basis already? You move quickly

D5gJXJO.png

"...terrible."

Hi Adam

tfu7nHF.png

oE0cHeI.png

mrrgrrgrr

So the three of them have a nice little dynamic I guess...Saki, the snarky, insufferable one that everyone loves anyway; Valarie, the one who seems pretty level-headed yet does things like swim in freezing water; and Adam, the grumpy straight man.

Spoiler

CXGjRCQ.png

Also Adam is a gym leader apparently

Valarie returns to the shore, no matter how implausible that might be. She's been thinking...

Spoiler

lFKd6lp.png

C'mon Adam...Water gym leader = immune to drowning, obviously.

And you might argue not being alive allows for more thinking, not being a slave to the needs and desires of the flesh and all

ibhhX7R.png

"...know."

Hi Valarie

Valarie wonders why I came here alone instead of with Aelita

Spoiler

WzCbum2.png

MVeUix7.png

4q1G5MY.png

all manner of things really

9ijXhuF.png

q5dhqmX.png

But enough about that, Saki has something to tell us (well, me.) Or rather, she has an answer to the question we (well, I) didn't ask. 

Spoiler

PfzdtJe.png

"...properly."

Not even in the form of a question...are you even trying Adam

youFuXy.png

mdCtngv.png

"...expand."

ZTXcRXO.png

DVAcAFv.png

"...source?"

YvBTfZZ.png

ding ding ding

Pdasbvu.png

q9SzxV9.png

don't touch me-

wait, you're not even standing close to me so how...?

UQ62z51.png

MO0jD6s.png

But then you don't get any head pats Adam. Everyone likes head pats

Saki then convinces us to look for an antenna, so we split up.

Spoiler

11ApAp2.png

sneaky

IArXLli.png

I believe it, you do kind of act like a little puppy sometimes

nWy52Qu.png

So we found one. What now?

Spoiler

f9tCJ1d.png

Wait is Poseidon a thing? Shouldn't it be like, Kyogre?

I'm not supposed to think about such things

LtuwZBI.png

Wait you don't look that big...can you really do this?

K3QKdJX.png

probably, but we have to do something right?

MyPLq2e.png

y8F4NKg.png

Shh, can't you hear her charging up?

d4ln2JH.png

FRIIEEEZZAAAA!!!

*Saki actually throws the damn thing; it flies off to gods know where*

Gux2h4J.png

Bpgj4BH.png

C6vWwfp.png

WjVfUlc.png

Oh, ok then-

xpTs6WB.png

bTuBv0Q.png

FJv5Cct.png

*they all scatter, leaving me just twirling around bewildered*

I'm pretty sure one of them legit flies away

S9ORgXN.png

oH sNAP

Zah9Cak.png

"...trouble?"

LSppBQo.png

"...seriously."

Plot twist: I actually wanted to see the warden anyway

I'm taken to the warden's office, since I'm already established to be a deviant.

Spoiler

OzKvy2x.png

uZzqHfh.png

I don't

9SsgIjW.png

!!!

EvtAxRm.png

I won't

iGTXL46.png

That's what I do

1abLF1A.png

Maybe? Don't even know what that means

LQwTzj1.png

Ok then yes

g85l6sr.png

It's a guarantee I will tbh

cBHEK54.png

yes

aY4j01S.png

Why...? Have I really done anything yet?

L0un2uo.png

n1dJDG2.png

Yeah she definitely should have just done that

VUyr6uD.png

p34uRad.png

maybe you should be the leader

O9cvCKa.png

actually I still know nothing about why she is so important

l9BMzmd.png

"..men."

But no good women, they were allowed to stay.

dJSI1Vt.png

he knows

Well a rude person would interrupt you, but I was raised right

5SFNvHW.png

QAoUQmE.png

*I jump up at the mention of my missing waifu companion*

I'm not convinced you wouldn't have done the same anyway, if only so we didn't actually share the same cell

aegpbAo.png

Ugh, he made me emote...I'm so ashamed right now

bJMFLQR.png

It had to be ECT, didn't it...

Neved allows me to leave. I then go to find my new companions, who are just chilling now apparently

Spoiler

kJEMfeq.png

I don't like this phrasing

Tw2Xbwv.png

RS2T3rH.png

We're already in jail

also evading arrest is just another charge if you get caught anyway

8T3riyF.png

"...first place."

Uoxc634.png

Saki then tells about her little coloring project over there

Spoiler

cw2Uoec.png

"...want 'Rose' to be in the name."

Not convinced that isn't still a coloring book

dEUHH7B.png

Maybe you should get on that then. We...are trying to escape, right?

ss4rsj3.png

Now it's my turn to explain Aelita's situation.

Spoiler

MSq1NK3.png

through charades presumably, since I don't speak

They are alarmed by my interpretive dance of Aelita's predicament.

Spoiler

dlIrIws.png

r5mqS3u.png

hhkFBl5.png

"...the cards anymore."

prRZS2h.png

Start?!

Adk9H7I.png

"...around."

zAWMpmR.png

You'd think just being abducted would give you a bad feeling

8DqpvXF.png

"...behave."

As far as I know as of now, the answer is "be from Sheridan Village."

1xHmLRG.png

ooooh

3vtEU2k.png

A weak comeback, Saki. I expect better.

joOLu4m.png

"Quickly."

OnMZliD.png

maybe we should

We split up again to search for clues about Aelita

Spoiler

pWBrWta.png

UhnYpdz.png

well have you or not

XVInSbK.png

lDJCdNd.png

hmm

2LBOjbo.png

1MEVXvo.png

hmmm

ZEzj2eh.png

Ogvs7u1.png

"...the turrets."

VYlfvcK.png

hmmmm

Wda3pMO.png

hr01lny.png

ABIA0gU.png

"...her hair in his hand."

Not the hair dec!

hIyyIqJ.png

Yes, but they don't know where we are

I found a few leads. It's deductive reasoning time *cue music*

Spoiler

uDIMFEq.png

wtv4mVU.png

"...down some stairs."

I don't recall anyone mentioning stairs

ZZSHlgS.png

"...somewhere in the castle."

vSlQxxI.png

...We said that about Melia too *sniff*

We decide to turn in for the night, but something interesting happens on the way back

Spoiler

mMTJzUC.png

6obXkDO.png

BcyAkPq.png

???

c72yrYb.png

what indeed

uaR7NZx.png

We do get a peek at what's going on with this mystery visitor though (her name is apparently Emma)

Spoiler

KmBh7Nl.png

fSP2Jrd.png

CPzK9iO.png

TVumoTE.png

T66Iuqo.png

actually tho

aOI6bkN.png

"...hired here."

You mean like in terms of Pokémon battling? Because that shouldn't be relevant if all goes to plan.

Surely you do not mean physical strength, right?

m3Q8Fyi.png

VipkOKa.png

Don't even know who you are yet but this already reeks of a blatant lie

5Wx2Obt.png

not even an especially convincing one either

PdgBbN6.png

cb8BOG8.png

Oh a warm bed huh? That's asking a lot.

I3huFe5.png

"...imprisoned here."

9FH8ymv.png

that would make her better

qLtpSZN.png

RM1LwVK.png

and pretty foolish probably

We've not yet made much progress in our escape plans, but tomorrow is a new day.

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 11: Imprisoned, Part II

9YvtmZd.png

Now I wonder why there was not one for the first day

My second day in captivity...looks like I have a visitor.

Spoiler

J3kG6vy.png

Umm I have a name-

tFktkCX.png

fhl4vec.png

I don't like where this is going

5A4XzVO.png

umm

ep7LfXl.png

"...to."

0cmrH1P.png

jxezeWb.png

"...Neved's commands."

I don't recall her getting any commands before the punishment though. Obviously something else going on there...

IZKwbCL.png

stay strong my sweet

VfrT9YM.png

wey0849.png

mmkay

*Aelita leaves*

GPNUQcC.png

def a mistake

nAbkR6U.png

"...with them. You understand."

pxW5Y5v.png

Well that was a bit distressing. Saki, your thoughts?

Spoiler

prw4ClY.png

yup

kb98cSk.png

yeah let's get on that

oyMQ5Yd.png

WNaHIKW.png

DvzW2JB.png

zDEIBcB.png

VHitWg5.png

Yeesh just trashing Adam over there...I don't think he deserves this (probably?)

So while I go off on my assignment, Emma reports the results of hers.

Spoiler

qlvIMib.png

JTaGuoa.png

h17bmDC.png

yHdiceo.png

while you're at it, I'd like to know about 2 or 3 other "special" girls as well

E7bgKTa.png

He'll give a reason, but I guarantee it will be a poor one

IJNbXxn.png

See? There's a couple layers to that, and none of them are especially justifiable

XKJsdfe.png

yes

HmXhu3v.png

"...that matter."

Like hell you don't

yGxLJv2.png

yes

nnZX8bD.png

yes it does

2MKTvw8.png

seeing as how you're doing it, it is you

JynJOq4.png

XpDhpbq.png

asking the hard questions

03tEszk.png

Pshh, so that's out of line, huh? Why am I not surprised he couldn't answer that question

7PBd8ib.png

listening

8fbo9Se.png

because if it's not his daughter she means nothing to him

fquW5fC.png

Oh really? Do tell.

qInEsDC.png

LPEQ0gW.png

because he's evil, but supposedly not that evil

u5N7l5m.png

I bet you don't have any answers anyway

Emma, however, does have more questions

Spoiler

ZexGr0U.png

5FCqa0C.png

yes, but every villain's plan needs a healthy probability of catastrophic failure to feel complete

Riu9oUs.png

hmm

gaHZlJd.png

4yvcDlF.png

what say you to that

XXFKnZX.png

...clearly you're not though

D5kI3nf.png

and lose, because I'm an invincible protagonist

X22ywH6.png

5OMsxbD.png

LaHzcQk.png

ok, and...?

FzrWvSk.png

c9g7Egr.png

...?

VZOTBZD.png

0clCPOf.png

you don't have an answer for this either do you

I go to the library at Saki's direction.

Spoiler

qRC0cHe.png

item get

IlrEaWZ.png

crack that bad boy open

lbRzjaj.png

"...misfortune arrives."

zWbAEPG.png

9wApx44.png

mDF6ipp.png

So with that cryptic hint I go to check out a particular statue

Spoiler

6OZHM5M.png

fUi0lr8.png

"...one of greed."

nQ4dRED.png

perhaps this is important

I find Saki behind the statue...

Spoiler

yRGMI4e.png

pkmOIcW.png

"...minutes!"

FbPB2gS.png

wEl2zR4.png

"...grove."

I find that very hard to believe but whatever

nxWGHbu.png

"...want!"

That's more believable

9zbTGk2.png

MH9cU0I.png

YES! YES!

9cO0m7G.png

this is just my face

S1t8VzL.png

W5SudVx.png

de585iM.png

0BsMdzf.png

"...told you all our secrets?"

kYbtcZI.png

Maybe, if you make it worth my while

MOPGokS.png

?

Who am I meant to meet this time?

Spoiler

7QmPQV7.png

it's a fire fox, this is a good start

GeWuOck.png

...!

oe88Y85.png

"...them!"

HQxUQ1o.png

"...that."

sx5lVhl.png

And you're a cute Pokémon, so it's fine

szmrCwt.png

"...group now."

lLbxflq.png

u-umm...hi Braixen...

*Braixen notices my general social ineptitude/inability to speak, she thinks I don't like her...*

cr573kk.png

not really

5fhiUl2.png

I actually am impressed

xt3CN8M.png

uxFTJLI.png

Kf0QLJH.png

"...she can't be captured."

TNOBbUK.png

what's missing is why you and Valarie are so acquainted with Braixen, but I guess that's not important

Ok but y'all knew it was possible to use Pokémon in this place. Surely that can figure into the escape plan...

Spoiler

fTraRXo.png

"...them back to the castle?"

I wasn't thinking that

dYk7oJE.png

"...because they're not prepared."

Not if you have good enough plot armor

quOf8PE.png

probably just me in the end though, right?

0SrOXop.png

6piEoY7.png

Even though you all use crazy secret techniques?

Braixen has one more thing to share with us before we leave though...

Spoiler

ofCNZEB.png

um excuse me

FRD9BM4.png

explain

FJHFmv5.png

???

WgeoooX.png

??????

S9c5oHo.png

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also there's this...

Spoiler

1wVIHSy.png

RtNtDLa.png

So many questions...

We try to leave unnoticed, but that doesn't totally work out

Spoiler

qLZFL53.png

we were on a date<3

KIAcb6W.png

No, see that's super suspicious. Just say we were snogging and maybe he'll let us go

P6KwDf8.png

uKFu7aW.png

just wait and see...

Also we see Emma, checking out the very same statue.

Spoiler

D8qWuEx.png

well she's definitely something...

NvWVkrV.png

2njsbxl.png

W-what!? Why me...?

Fine...

KVgXf4R.png

Nzg3bbo.png

Yes, but I've not yet summoned the courage to ask you...

FMV5t0i.png

as long as looking is still free

jPKjmZQ.png

I know the feel tbh

But then Valarie appears and there begins some TM Drama...

Spoiler

2hzI3ak.png

e7vJ1nf.png

"...important."

4U3UdpM.png

admittedly you brushed me off rather brusquely

5QGXtPe.png

2sK1vMW.png

ooooh

R1gGz6i.png

q4r7hBb.png

is she though

neDwdFM.png

hmm

xPQidwb.png

!!!

6syYUoL.png

5...4...3-

GrLZmGc.png

CrrcCHE.png

ETmoqle.png

he still treats you like that

24httQh.png

Is she wrong though?

Valarie is rather upset after that, as Emma's words seemed to strike close to home

Spoiler

J851qZQ.png

s5WHD34.png

wSSU1sg.png

We decide to go to bed early tonight. Emma, however, decides to do some snooping herself

Spoiler

frTyMML.png

indeed

Her search brings her to the library. 

Spoiler

ssY8k0S.png

zgeht2J.png

better read some books

JYjX4Hb.png

"...Wonder'."

9s4a32B.png

ZpjouSy.png

Version 9.1

Swd94C5.png

"...pinpoint why."

Probably because it doesn't tell you anything. Where are all the shelves? It's also missing 2 whole staircases and has no dimensions, in addition to being unattractive visually

ai10VOA.png

wa1xo2G.png

now that's interesting

*Emma reads the open book on the table, which I failed to take screens of*

T2kwJnF.png

mf9wbgd.png

"...though."

hmmm

P7oV373.png

N5srVun.png

"...for now."

I'd have to be in a very particular mood to read that

gE74AxB.png

KH3Me0U.png

you should save that one

Emma eventually finds something worth investigating though

Spoiler

hkLcduD.png

"...different."

BlzEc1y.png

Cj4nien.png

awgbLqQ.png

Pshh, they didn't even install the door correctly. Probably because the plans were useless

Dko8O8F.png

What does Emma find behind the door? Well what do you think?

Spoiler

0ouQGYZ.png

PrHBVJ1.png

but if we keep torturing you you might un-not know

getJxAT.png

5b3aB1s.png

ssjrdhj.png

5ZUumGe.png

RiSDZil.png

I3m4CfH.png

"...'with' them."

Wasn't he though? His sabotage attempt was very poorly planned

eH1zJKC.png

*Emma says she is sorry Aelita must endure this ordeal*
BvNZLhg.png

"...Candela and the others."

GfixDqI.png

it was acting, as she is a deep-cover hero

It was an act of compartmentalization

There are many more things to ponder...but we still do not have a plan to escape.

Stay Tuned~

I'll try to push through this slow segment, for the sake of my handful of readers

Chapter 12: Imprisoned, Part III

(And we didn't get a title card for this 3rd day either...having just one is somewhat jarring)

My third day in captivity...we're all beginning to get a bit antsy

Spoiler

oYeRiZL.png

should have started 2 days ago really

So I head over to the Hidden Grove with Valarie to strategize.

Spoiler

i8m995i.png

Ok so Adam, Braixen, and I all think we should have started already. You've gotta get your head in the game Valarie, this is the big leagues

8T49f1v.png

oOBSCyt.png

but high reward is good, right?

Our little planning session gets interrupted though, as there is a...distraction

Spoiler

zN7uk1Q.png

fnIhUSl.png

That Saki, always doing stuff

zW1A6i1.png

QYWHEEV.png

"...take a good look?"

is looking free

pBQo9oy.png

gBMtuGD.png

"...measures."

he didn't deny wanting to take a good look

SG3ktI0.png

Wait wait wait does this mean Japan is a thing in this world? How else could Saki's ass be Japanese? How does that work geographically? Then again we know that Lt. Surge is American, and Fantina is an immigrant from some unspecified French-speaking country so it's not impossible

I'm not supposed to think about these things...but I blame Saki's ass for that

NidxQ3Y.png

???????

TFZ8vRp.png

I have a few ideas-

...actually no I don't, your guess is as good as mine

BQUr8NY.png

a6h4Cv6.png

kiFCebZ.png

ohhhh...she's good

*explosion*

pGHBB6E.png

XnboXpZ.png

she's very good

We can see a cave on that ridge, but we can't reach it up there-

Spoiler

c2SnCmt.png

Every part of this made me angry. Every single word. And then Valarie has the audacity to say she's not interested in architecture!

yRX6IZJ.png

1qqTTPr.png

but I won't be able to do the nonsense you just pulled, because no one can

We check out this newly revealed cave...

Spoiler

XdVDuuv.png

FVGTPK4.png

What kind of dust? That matters a lot

vcTdvMl.png

not even close to true

Inside there's some very suspect machinery. We also overhear some conversation, which seems quite promising

Spoiler

a3kAc1s.png

MgujSYQ.png

(Mom!)

If it's so easy I'd like to see you do it

DcAa974.png

I just realized she says "I" wasn't made like the others, not "it." If that's not a mistake it's pretty interesting...

rPTNRGU.png

Again, I'd like to see you do it then

Fh4jErm.png

WM201XT.png

UqpgAPf.png

Wait, that was unauthorized?

2B8IQfj.png

They don't know either? What privileges do admins even get then?

maWIfDr.png

Not surprised, you've been pretty inept to this point

DhFY5wS.png

wait what

9PoVwcp.png

8VGgxkZ.png

ok...?

oiWJaiT.png

"...least..."

H234VzM.png

pozgVC4.png

yssYGL9.png

cuz she's evil

W439CkT.png

Qzr7b7W.png

AN0ITLg.png

You've got no room to talk. All you admins are pretty forgettable, and you don't even have the excuse of not getting any screentime...

0Hy8U2P.png

"...word."

No, if she were smart she would have sabotaged everything while you were not paying attention. But there's no way she did that, of course

0IYD0pB.png

Once more, I'd like to see you do it

DwpS0Rx.png

kz8Ib8J.png

"It?"

nU32ndg.png

Some very juicy tidbits in there

Spoiler

v5l6uzl.png

sure sounds like a supervillain name

ICoF0mL.png

KGGAdP7.png

Yeah, let's decide what to do next-

Spoiler

S2LPyVs.png

(MOM!!)

1dNAndI.png

0qDs0k5.png

joPhMzZ.png

I don't blame you for being surprised

fCl10Wi.png

XNpqSKS.png

uXIYw6j.png

AjMyC6I.png

Probs, but she's above such concerns

caq8T6o.png

please don't say things like that...it raises flags

q6RFc6n.png

Well...

Looks like I need to explain the situation.

Spoiler

vFhIIdL.png

that was easy

oDDaNdK.png

DS6Mb4t.png

Maybe?

vCxU07X.png

Maybe??

Yn0Ko4B.png

MAYBE????

8D6OOQV.png

Unless she flies. On like, you know, a Pokémon 

Now that that's cleared up, let's check out whatever Mom pointed us towards.

Spoiler

FTUVzEh.png

"...the castle."

Huh, fancy that

imIpDDV.png

do tell

kiIOB5F.png

"...area."

6AVGaxB.png

i8XzSIB.png

"...this thing so that it could overheat."

who could have done that I wonder

MLXUD3B.png

Yes who Valarie, WHO?

lYCIwQY.png

except without the ticking, or the timer

TdEogxQ.png

do tell

l0tE2Zq.png

lk9B6fP.png

Ok so first of all Saki is one of those geeks. Secondly it clearly wasn't nonsense, as it has already proven useful

We deduce that it is possible to disable the jamming signal if we sever all the connections in the cave. But unfortunately, we don't have a way to do that right now since Valarie is a Water trainer, and Braixen or my fire-breathing mons would blow up the cave

Spoiler

eqOsGaU.png

she definitely will though

HoClLmK.png

goeJNsK.png

bmsyd06.png

Look I'm starting to get tired of your sass-

MUNnrnQ.png

VFemoUH.png

ICJ8HHg.png

D7vmV9c.png

So I go looking for the antenna Saki ripped from the ground...

Spoiler

gYX7Ayn.png

found it

1yte19F.png

M3OlySv.png

he's not very bright is he

uRJ6tAW.png

who gon stop me

*Adam shows up to give me an assist*

MKXmxhh.png

that's fine

BFfkISL.png

your maps are shit then

HbEZs9N.png

2EbCHzE.png

CzNAIjW.png

6QTlGsS.png

zwvolaR.png

ha

rCeB455.png

haha

PwWQ9YY.png

"...here."

ahahahahaha

8HBlrEP.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

nfjkUty.png

It's been so long since I got to fight something. I was ready to explode...why'd this guy have to have a Whiscash though...so troublesome

So we obtained something useful. Adam's kind of fussy about it though

Spoiler

STUON2v.png

14taWJZ.png

I'm flattered you called it a "plan"

Literally we were in the middle of making a plan when Saki did...something to that guard, and the rest just sort of happened. But you helped us with it anyway though

zcv7eQa.png

IhTTsZN.png

9y7GGBy.png

Wait we didn't kill that guy, right? Right??

1TxPToN.png

au8Dv2H.png

how in the hell

g9kJ8tp.png

we could have done this the first day, couldn't we

But then we are rather suddenly called in for a "cell search"

Spoiler

YWGJFEQ.png

I know, right?

PmwxstM.png

NWMBGmZ.png

Fair enough

3UXonZ1.png

also fair enough

ZdwNQ0e.png

Cool...trinkets? Wait. WAIT-

EGJXhpx.png

RrbjItx.png

991oDOW.png

ySNNoTw.png

OMG

What's this about anyway-

Spoiler

djIqShZ.png

I have a bad feeling about this

We've gotten closer to escape, but I get the feeling tomorrow will be eventful one way or another...

This chapter ended up being rather short, huh. But the next one will surely be the last of this jail episode (at least I hope so.) Of course, that means it will probably be really, really long...

Stay Tuned~

Buckle up y'all, this chapter will be quite the ride...

Chapter 13: Imprisoned, Part IV - The Great Escape

When we last saw our heroine she and the other prisoners had been locked in their cells early. The cell search was a lie! As it turns out, there is another reason for this...

Spoiler

sLbsJnp.png

EokoAmd.png

I have a really bad feeling about this-

Spoiler

yXfgQZE.png

couldn't you hear me trying to think

A5hUUuo.png

"...about is her..."

NXl1c2Z.png

WDpMafD.png

If only...

zsaArF7.png

6LpWZUH.png

The jailers are the ones who gave us mining equipment...mining equipment that might help dig through stone walls...make of that what you will

AXz3Au9.png

Meanwhile we get to see what's going on with Emma (again.) She's talking to Neved about the nonsensical nature of this prison

Spoiler

nGtrJFR.png

"...must be a good reason?"

I wouldn't be so sure, as that would imply they are actually competent

fNpoxyb.png

yK0ySJ8.png

369Ci2O.png

Why? I thought it didn't matter

gCPsEoE.png

HciQVXx.png

Let's see if you even know that

Wmy5L5e.png

So what is it, like soul juice? Spirit shards? Quintessence? (ooh I like quintessence, let's go with that)

Fi7ghAe.png

And use it for what? I'm guessing giant laser cannon or genki dama

0n9kSnG.png

97dQJAj.png

I guess that almost made sense. Almost

5rFegYA.png

"...myself..."

But it's important we know what their plan is before we f*** it up, so the rules dictate they must tell whoever asks pretty much

jsaXxSy.png

eH1dR4s.png

Maybe you should do it, Emma. You already know way more that most of the admins even

haUdG5C.png

pISQXLc.png

Umm, no? I wouldn't be surprised at all...they're prisoners

Emma's next question is about the meaning of this "cell search"

Spoiler

EP0Ktxb.png

"...curfew, people would become worried."

Q6PUGfa.png

You just spent like a dozen frames explaining why it doesn't matter though...

And you're supposedly stealing everyone's quintessence regardless of what happens-

fw4i3kB.png

So yeah. Either everyone dies or everyone dies. Or your plan fails spectacularly and we escape, but of course there's no way that will happen

IK8i1Px.png

3Rwf01N.png

"...sentient afterwards." 

"She's gonna steal their souls, but they probably won't die. Not physically at least. So I didn't lie."

8gNNq3A.png

obviously she's worried about me

DYW0MsA.png

JN1r7kS.png

"...telling me all this information."

nope

tjfCagS.png

8TlgR6G.png

please don't

TtrroGH.png

5jXuKSj.png

still convinced it was the right decision?

Ii5HWU4.png

the hell kinda rationalization is that

Z1iI4ec.png

but really tho

NojEy1M.png

"...daughter, this is right."

Sounds like you still need to convince yourself

aNIZ12z.png

"...why is it because of her?"

yeah, let's hear it, what's-your-name

qCkl2WT.png

just get on with it

hrhtcFB.png

@!#$

*But he gets interrupted, because ofc he does*

0Y287Wx.png

he actually seems miffed at this plot inconvenience as well

pcOtbpN.png

qGodOW2.png

not even a little

g7yXsTc.png

CSYn9In.png

heh

yrxjRHR.png

hyHbl2A.png

Why? Up till now I've seemed wholly unimportant to your grand scheme...

krRbvny.png

g1R14ty.png

go ahead, say it

5OSlwso.png

"...executive..."

OwAZlWV.png

omg please just say it

RxE58B6.png

!$#@^$@^!%#

X5V0UYe.png

and there it is

Anyways, I dug out of my cell...

Spoiler

4oJNiiD.png

DBTJVnd.png

oops

U4WLbvD.png

I do have a pretty light step

rKuzICL.png

P3F6wta.png

It's Pianolady! She didn't die!

ZJVi3v9.png

gfqa7NP.png

this is why they shouldn't give us mining equipment

HSUOzcB.png

SHl4hY0.png

unless it has Perish Song, that would help immensely

I leave the cave and Stealthtm  my way past all the guards (also dug up a Fire Stone along the way, because the guards also don't hear me mining rocks apparently) to tell Braixen that the plan is a go

Spoiler

kCRZVeu.png

4bbZPjD.png

THERE IS NO TOMORROW

8YfjzXj.png

"...its (sic) powering up."

S3xqAsz.png

"...control the antennas."

Ok but we're cutting all of them, so this isn't important-

lmvzhWj.png

"...get foggy." 

*Sigh* do tell

pGooBIB.png

"...the turret power supplies."

KsIw1u0.png

"...passed through here in that time."

hmmm who could that have been???

Anyways let's get on with it

M06Cgz6.png

ZnUys7g.png

Cool, now let's-

dAjfpWZ.png

S***

uoeTqJL.png

0DaedU8.png

S***!

Looks like we've been discovered...

Spoiler

mgLNkwL.png

BRQRcdz.png

i1PWfw2.png

duh

4z71FTj.png

"...yourself?"

Actually, that was you, what's-your-name

J5b0ETs.png

no part of this should be a surprise

b9G3h4N.png

OpYmY1X.png

io2edhz.png

Well I'm not, so...

WMdmYiv.png

Yeah, because you've done such a good job of that before

hE1wmSg.png

IeqcSP6.png

hah

96qHJ4v.png

WzwFJLR.png

that sounded like fear Braixen

5cu28ff.png

shdaMMR.png

that was a rather hard come-on

hOx3jln.png

oh you f***ed now

JHFKuTl.png

Didn't you just get through saying she sabotaged everything? Sounds like initiative to me

qfiWhH6.png

she's probably fine with a lot

So my opponent is to be Madelis (again.) But I'm not the same trainer you had to cheat to defeat before...

Vs. Madelis

aKsZCbl.png

Spoiler

7XQqmlu.png

lol

9MKsX3O.png

This bloody fish...not only is it already faster, it has Speed Boost. Also, it uses Dive, forcing me to get creative...

YMs8Api.png

a necessary sacrifice

lzCsdLo.png

Coquelicot puts out a priority Brave Bird for some great damage, since I had her relearn that and Flare Blitz before I got captured and definitely didn't have to fix because I forgot to do it then, nope

Sharpedo survives though, and does Dive again, thus a switch was necessary

EDuiWQE.png

had to be done

0zEtO8n.png

you can go away now

65N4sMT.png

you too homie

La1q4eX.png

let's make it a hat trick

E2Knjwc.png

Crimson manages to burn Skuntank before falling (in hindsight I should have gone for Bonemerang...but it's been a while, I'm rusty)

xMMF1PD.png

Coquelicot puts out a suicidal Brave Bird

o6JGucu.png

Then Burgundy finished the job

oGDbEPs.png

get rekt

So the two admins submitted before our might...

Spoiler

Slid6Cj.png

Do not taunt the fairies

pe0PVsx.png

TFBC197.png

tVh06As.png

lol

ztqmieP.png

and don't come back

Looks like the jailbreak is beginning in earnest, finally! A girl gets antsy going so long without a fight...

Spoiler

jPtbitT.png

<3

m29tVRR.png

"...is going to be hectic..."

A93hgvH.png

6fwNxME.png

"...help!"

BIwfXkr.png

Emma goes to get Aelita, but she doesn't quite do what Neved says...

Spoiler

2meq5Ch.png

888dQQE.png

zIBCU8M.png

2SWRG1s.png

uPVcr31.png

TDNH2ET.png

bmajKA9.png

ok so I guess we're certain they are here then

3vhxo1B.png

CnPD48q.png

you best believe I am

PoHZdXJ.png

"...the top as well."

cdjTaZb.png

In case I find myself in a tag battle situation

VXJMCCc.png

6U9BZiu.png

I head outside with Mom. The fighting has already begun.

Spoiler

GSPot6x.png

"...Candela!"

I team up with Mom, and we fight off the guards, or rather, she Moonblasts all of them into oblivion while I watch. But that's okay, since every damn guard uses just Water mons! Seriously, she had to demolish like 5 or 6 more Sharpedos...so many Sharpedos...

Eventually we reach the courtyard.

Spoiler

tlQi19Q.png

well hello there

HO0i5G9.png

you know it

cUcmp7t.png

qHsjdRZ.png

ri7vz7z.png

that's only sort of what's happening here but ok

AwHl5i0.png

something like that

ADa8LhU.png

who tf is Augustus-

7yxVTF3.png

ohhh...yeah I remember you! You didn't die either!

sJdI71D.png

lEnyL7k.png

Tl0DKRv.png

wait but she's going after me

On my way to find Neved, I run into Emma...

Spoiler

WBiDUj7.png

wut

FdCrX6t.png

w-wait what what's happening right now

Vs. Emma

Spoiler

XAqDd5p.png

Scarlet eats a Shadow Ball, then Earth Power destroys this Pupitar-

Or that's what would have happened if this wasn't a Zoroark...I totally forgot about this

qo6qMGR.png

Rosso cleans up though

YRetj8i.png

Crimson manages to tank Gardevoir's attack, then Shadow Bone ruins it

mUgJR39.png

maybe let's get it right this time

EzNGd8w.png

It was good? This one caught me by surprise so I didn't know if I would satisfy you

So I beat Emma. She's not overly concerned about it though...

Spoiler

EL8lY4D.png

JxJAmfY.png

Like hell you "tried your best." You only used 3 mons. It's almost like you didn't want to beat me...with your team of all shiny Pokémon...

seriously, do you only encounter shiny mons? because it really messes up your "disguise"

zYOPeNF.png

mmkay

Anyways I continue-

Spoiler

6pJXWE7.png

X6IUkdt.png

your hair looks nice btw~

SNCTeY3.png

please

hchv8am.png

yes, thank you

PoVLF0L.png

pX5v4We.png

Qz4z06Q.png

fH5ffn9.png

So with Aelita by my side I continue on. We enter a previously locked room...

Spoiler

65XSZCv.png

aeV9Gt7.png

bLMXuYc.png

PcHfJeX.png

hmm

We soon confront the warden.

Spoiler

YTJGe67.png

FpNuHbT.png

tqYdATu.png

WAutt0C.png

No we came to kick your ass, weren't you paying attention?

FeRaPNN.png

dtrcIdx.png

doubtful

pS12bRI.png

FpXG3Eq.png

be prepared for a bullshit response

S2odBfw.png

4bTDIhG.png

"...suffering, even after death."

hje1ndi.png

Imprison his immortal soul, but you didn't think of that, did you?

SGjyJKM.png

Just pathetic.

SlKy7ZP.png

In most ways

RTnktEC.png

g9pN2pV.png

Gladly

Time to take out the trash

Vs. Neved

thL8iO7.png

Spoiler

EC25oUW.png

I could have started better...

Scraggy gets defeated pretty easily, and Scarlet is made critical, but we defeat Weavile

K6E22gb.png

S***

And I thought this was going to be an Ice team...Scarlet doesn't manage any more before falling

5l1WkXP.png

I don't remember who attacked who, but Aurorus is felled here while Barbaracle inexplicably survives another round

FcuEeVY.png

Honestly, now you're just trying to piss me off...

Barbaracle would get healed, but fell anyway after our attacks (well actually Gastrodon KO'ed Barbaracle and Rosso with one Earthquake)

Tkq9qVi.png

Froslass is faster...so Coquelicot must take a hit before Flare Blitz drops the frosty ghost. Gastrodon KOs Mienfoo with an Earthquake

EakQEWN.png

Coquelicot does a suicidal Brave Bird, Hawlucha...does something, but it clearly was not significant

6Hk4t5V.png

this time we fell the slug

D5oyTEg.png

admittedly it was 2 v 1, so you were pretty much screwed form the start

Neved is defeated, but he keeps talking for some reason...

Spoiler

ov6GrU8.png

XxUb1VZ.png

myHQKAz.png

ohhhhh snap

tPAZtET.png

Aelita's become a lot more vicious hasn't she

BTYvNk1.png

l23BePn.png

"...them."

ryNclkp.png

sore loser

lvqSBXj.png

V5dN9sJ.png

cTRZ3n0.png

make you catch these hands, that's what

6h81Zyt.png

No I'm very confident we would still win this fight. Have you seen Aelita's legs?

J1Ha9T7.png

last time I checked that's not even what those do

Dc96sGA.png

fffffffffffffff

s9cvvsW.png

f***

Looks like the big boss is here...great...

Spoiler

S3Ch3pc.png

sC6G6zS.png

1bvWG6g.png

finally

dNd04ne.png

4IezHex.png

LrDNVFk.png

good, please leave

ZmZPFbU.png

don't know why tbh

cyYa2yH.png

Y'all take this traitor thing way to seriously...I mean did Keta even accomplish anything really? 

ljl5cXf.png

A hasty judgement seeing as how you've been here for like 30 seconds

Qbg78jS.png

oh snap

4fOBZGW.png

Uop2WER.png

"...Sheridan."

...What was our mission again?

9CQlTgL.png

X3XnTbe.png

Not really, she actually insisted on coming with me. I would have done the same thing alone

QqTCj9g.png

Wait excuse me she's armed? I did not sign up for this

bJR3exM.png

ImnzPJF.png

...I have a bad feeling about this

Vs. Madame X

bkzF9hH.png

Spoiler

ooDfRWQ.png

I actually did manage to put Yveltal to sleep...

ToFitFX.png

But of course that doesn't mean a lot when my hits do basically nothing

SsReBGO.png

KnV6E0s.png

kI5Mcms.png

8zti1ur.png

l8NzjRN.png

Yes, because you really needed a secret OHKO attack to win this fight. If I ever had any respect for you it's gone now

Once again, I'm not equipped to win this fight. But really, this one has to be cheesed doesn't it...

So that happened.

Spoiler

EZJHtQU.png

*implying Aelita actually helped in that fight*

Don't even give me that...you had to cheat to win, just like Madelis the first time

AnCz9D3.png

"...because my subjects were incompetent."

Yes, but seeing as how you kept trusting them, aren't you the incompetent one?

F1xG8dY.png

neNSv4Z.png

you're one of those, aren't you...

9kwUZXG.png

"...gun is pointed to your head."

Literally no one has said anything like that yet, but I'm sure you just wanted to give your supervillain spiel no matter what

we7gNyA.png

"...into such a category."

What category..."human?"

vDBfHP8.png

We decide to run, since we've encountered an opponent even I cannot beat

Spoiler

NtxbsUR.png

Oh so just standing there and waiting to be sworded isn't foolish, then? Don't act like you wouldn't have run as well

jFfrPMh.png

AzHDy82.png

are you gonna do it or not

*she flies and tries to hit us, because she's a full-on anime villain*

q9FJaKY.png

*doesn't actually hit us though, just pushes us from this rampart*

WMhm4A8.png

HSZIHJm.png

arresto momentum

k2FHIzM.png

6CqzaXM.png

ok but I know we both have flying mons so this shouldn't have been an issue anyway

zOG5ADu.png

magic, obviously

orhZAUr.png

zitubcY.png

not really under our control

msAY8JJ.png

I have a couple-

u5i0XZV.png

yesss

kzZENAc.png

I'll be whatever you want after this

But thanks to Nim we are back on the ground.

Spoiler

EBzQuL6.png

"...Town!"

Should have, but didn't

a1H9Ycg.png

rO18nWQ.png

ORS9HQM.png

fvthm0B.png

<3

bu9R5Zq.png

rbzb0Qc.png

hertrSY.png

D2Udts0.png

No really, we have to go-

vuI5ilu.png

The scene's not over...

Spoiler

Sh13OVY.png

She's from, like, an entirely different context than the rest of us

iPOyYCh.png

Actually it's "MADAMEX"

Lp3imsR.png

XTTNcnh.png

rL6EhqH.png

FRfbk9B.png

stop throwing out clichés and just do it

lUvg7um.png

wait what she can flash step too!?

This is bad-

Spoiler

cjntkTq.png

no

5Gx8nFQ.png

no no no

PxmVhgj.png

lJw9gk4.png

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

szZS6oj.png

"...sacrifice?"

jZHX3QN.png

"concering?"

I think that's 'concerning'

zAVvQWC.png

You'd be surprised...

ubWMRoo.png

Not impossible. I can think of several examples actually

PpgUEhd.png

4UvKmSh.png

are you gonna do it or not

But she is interrupted, for another has appeared...

Spoiler

HFHZoUH.png

yh4V89Y.png

4gL4zOP.png

Ld9EbnF.png

"...speak with you."

It's rather pathetic that he was fooled by that tbh

oRayXZq.png

She should have spent less time monologuing and more time killing us, but I guess it's so "Emma" has enough time to steal the show

9SzRy4i.png

...here it comes

RoPZC3Z.png

a real flair for the dramatic, this one

Rhjbg80.png

Surprise!

...but not really. Like I said, neither death nor different dimensions could keep us apart~

CzfNcwQ.png

I knew I felt something during that fight earlier~

kr8Xe08.png

I sure didn't

xLT85N5.png

Is it?

p6QcfXg.png

kyozJ1a.png

Any particular reason?

Re1Fm4t.png

Oh, so the fight would be so epic that collateral damage is a concern...she's from a totally different context than the rest of us as well, isn't she?

gcUzQf8.png

A6gqL1j.png

excuse me

OjpUkm6.png

FQJ9PeP.png

"...they asked."

Exactly...all of these villains were useless. Every single one.

vg0Ahcp.png

90j2nmV.png

But really though, how the hell did this work?! Are you telling me I could have won if I had a mon that knew Thunder Wave? 

ayoEAVh.png

I guess I'm supposed to believe Melia had time to save everyone except my mother

W5fwO1U.png

"...through."

If she was lucky, it's because you and your minions are all idiots. Or because she's always lucky and never loses

*Neved shows up; he's unusually hurt by Melia's deception and swears revenge because he's kind of whiny when it gets right down to it*

zoHCpEx.png

But you won't succeed, because Melia is a Perfect Angeltm 

We manage to escape the prison, because this story does indeed have an invincible hero...it just happens to be Melia, not me. As it turns out, she seems to be the actual protagonist while I'm just one of her party members/preferred love interest...and...I guess I'm fine with that? At least it's becoming obvious why Candela has the hots for her, if Melia is the actual protagonist then of course I'm meant to be won over by her overwhelming charm. It's a protagonist's privilege to pick up an implausible number of fans after all...

Now that ordeal has ended...what happens next?

Stay Tuned~

Well, it's about that time...

Chapter 14: Flames on the Blue 

(oh sweet, I even got the chapter number right!)

We escaped Blacksteeple Island...but at a heavy cost :( 

Spoiler

QpXeerD.png

"...couped up in this room." I think it's 'cooped' actually but whatever

NKuvUcJ.png

fzNPoKl.png

Not likely tbh

wdd8A2M.png

tvBu9YD.png

"That's just how this goes."

Is it me or does he sound different now

gnSdV8E.png

owHt6Hn.png

TK0J7DM.png

I dunno

Mom might really be gone this time...but she is not forgotten

Spoiler

vktnahs.png

QMiywWi.png

99YNf2H.png

ZH6iWiR.png

K1S7VFL.png

...!

qS9Rqnh.png

ZCgcA7b.png

8AVQiF0.png

43TP7R3.png

One last memento from Mom...

still has to go in the box though 

kK73MdZ.png

Let's go see what Melia has to say. But first, this:

Spoiler

5lx9nTm.png

I wanted Crunch first

Then I find Melia's room.

Spoiler

i1ecVvW.png

"...alias 'Emma.'" I definitely messed up that quotation format

kfeTzNs.png

"...I had my own reasons."

To be honest we knew each other for a very short time before you fake-died. But I guess we had some serious chemistry though...

AmsPCU3.png

I just thought it was because she wasn't ready to face me yet

3LinDwg.png

ZnbFl4z.png

aoL3drQ.png

"...buildings."

we are

AO0kYB0.png

"...only Madame X knows about."

dlpLfNz.png

U70hY5M.png

TM Brick Break

r4VOh9D.png

MDk6l8G.png

fmrmxL1.png

"...humans."

I hear we're calling it quintessence

rR1QFeQ.png

b1QBsVR.png

"...beings."

We're supposed to assume it's the spark of consciousness, but perhaps that's arrogant

DnTEBoL.png

No we didn't

wFWOpW5.png

"...was all or nothing."

exBQUC9.png

yeah what was that

YyvDsJC.png

eXPLAIN! ExPlAiN!!!

2ikqqFa.png

"...Spacea and Tiempa."

ok what the hell Melia

FBu1C15.png

nG0BAa9.png

that explanation didn't help at all, actually

Valarie and Aelita leave, but Melia still wants to speak with me...alone~

Spoiler

EbcTsbk.png

XiLZxgO.png

Mom would have done the same, probably

but maybe if you didn't waste time fighting me first it would have been different

01NAhot.png

Uymc3kL.png

Have I? Our last interaction wasn't actually that long ago

XxHHaP7.png

sounds like Madame X

K1TJ6gh.png

L6xj2XL.png

exactly the same, unless you wouldn't have had to fake-die

UNpQG2S.png

hHkiItZ.png

"...unexpected."

and that was redundant

SyWpmfr.png

VjhAgpx.png

Why am I given the option to lie here? Am I trying to look tough in front of Melia?

EJwOnub.png

VIQ9y0E.png

um excuse me

EsTaeOx.png

But apparently the Poke Ball blocker signal from Blacksteeple did...something

ykagTfu.png

Yeah that. But to be honest I'd rather believe it just fixed itself after Melia touched it with her magic hands

So my snag machine works now. Cool. Melia still has more to say though...

Spoiler

doAquUT.png

Just you and me, under the stars...how could I forget~

Si26awd.png

And that was the only first we had there. Definitely.

QJpPS9F.png

W-what are you saying...

Z6Uwmha.png

...?!

ZtH6VFN.png

Why does it still sound like you're trying to charm me? We both already know what this is~

Pp6Cu5c.png

yes ma'am

I'm down at the battlefield ('cause this ship has that, pretty convenient) because upon seeing me again Melia desperately wants to fight...

Spoiler

pVyTILs.png

lY22vLW.png

jWXeqsz.png

EPnXrzG.png

Melia's starting to develop protagonist syndrome I think

Vs. Melia

QGeLO27.png

Spoiler

pwmaNa3.png

Oh a bad matchup, better switch-

Not. You won't fool me this time.

cnx7CoR.png

This one's real by the way. Conveniently Hope the Gardevoir is one level higher than Zoroark. Once again Crimson tanks an attack before Hope gets Shadow Boned (I only regret this one a little bit)

64mbgH7.png

Earth Power beats Diligence the Pupitar handily

2d2j9Mk.png

Faith the Yanmega eats Coquelicot's Brave Bird unusually well actually. Ancientpower then erases Coquelicot

kfPn4R6.png

Faith didn't have enough power to fell Burgundy in one shot, so it goes down

csAAene.png

So did your hair.

Cerise Toxics Hapi and takes an Air Slash. The double power Venoshock still doesn't defeat the enemy though, so Cerise goes down

VBCU86q.png

Rosso is the closer

yMfkIbw.png

What exactly do you have in mind~

As expected, Melia is satisfied by my performance

Spoiler

lzIu3ct.png

SRKenEs.png

You changed noticeably though. It's like you classed up and now you're Dark Melia or something, while all I did was break my stat limits

We step outside for a breath of fresh air.

Spoiler

3tciXeQ.png

A2VBhjS.png

Ucm4eFm.png

SCeE4yV.png

FmZvM7p.png

He's in the shadow realm or...something. Whatever.

q8aWi4K.png

Yeah he stopped mattering a while ago

6MMvbaJ.png

rO3dAuD.png

awmlekv.png

rf0sJeS.png

I don't think that's actually what irony means, but ok

Melia intends to drop me at Akuwa Town

XiKgyRr.png

'cause she's the one that's fighting Team Xen now, not me

YqOAiKc.png

So everything's going fine. Of course, that was not to last, since I'm a magnet for misfortune

Spoiler

BgnVdC1.png

Vpnq3Gl.png

6DuxGJ9.png

and she probably would have, given it's purple

5jHQfsM.png

kAmGIC0.png

Oh well that's-

TVk6BtH.png

Sorry, I can't help it

NhTfDQh.png

Better disembark and see what's going on-

Hey, wait a minute...

ksfF8J0.png

oPX00wO.png

How am I in another shipwreck?!

q2Yr3OZ.png

LyEntJN.png

Bye

5j6lmwL.png

just peachy

So it wasn't actually a full on wreck (thankfully) but we did make an unexpected landing...

Spoiler

NYVGo3D.png

n0eVk3m.png

nah

nLAG0cJ.png

mQYVChP.png

nah

W5SX37o.png

she was getting a little too savvy, so an interruption is necessary

3nAvOFJ.png

"...into the island?"

MLhGN44.png

Z2H4c2a.png

GfmDrUX.png

Gfzdebd.png

RYDr7RJ.png

nMjIOdt.png

AjmZAeZ.png

heh

There's people here. Maybe they can help us

Spoiler

hNWaOy1.png

"...questioning."

I mind a little

csuat0P.png

"unusual."

tRa7k3e.png

Eq1RIyS.png

En8XObL.png

and she might be in several forms of distress and need help so-

eiPxGlX.png

g8hd75J.png

eowGlIk.png

dun dun dun

y9QpYPs.png

?

1ACU68i.png

this is her promoted form

Mnt4sIu.png

"...lost in the jungle?"

So let's see if we can find Saki. But first, something completely different:

Spoiler

MZaQbbX.png

7HSQBCg.png

VBOaYm7.png

wzhGFJC.png

yAfEdDn.png

wvavWr4.png

bG7QvVN.png

wbVTdgN.png

Despicable

YZRua63.png

"...one."

Yeah "friends" stopped being a thing long ago, buddy

utIiEap.png

BRYxeOA.png

He's trash, that's what.

0aelsP5.png

"...action to take, yes?"

Not even a little bit what happened, actually. 

4oGcoaz.png

zniW7ts.png

What are the chances Ren gets sworded before this game ends? The more he's on the screen the more I kinda want it to happen tbh

GmnlciG.png

but his word isn't worth s*** so I'd keep an eye on him

k6DIUSi.png

"...data."

Whoa, "Shadow HQ?" That sounds epic

IZBm9m4.png

hmm

Now we head into the jungle.

Spoiler

7ehN7fS.png

o2coott.png

ZakR4XK.png

EDDMiNY.png

please, I couldn't possibly leave you

3u4QcTP.png

UIDfXSe.png

SZ4tsz2.png

Speaking from experience?

8pLsOUS.png

"...y'know?"

Surprisingly, I don't

kCBcYgg.png

tJ1wZTD.png

NsGsRGJ.png

hmm

"Be thankful that you all don't have to walk through the actual jungle." Lol

Spoiler

0v536Ar.png

3jWFIeD.png

that's an RPG for you

KqPoAkE.png

tWbb40S.png

E3tNdqq.png

AOMMTor.png

YcrpTJR.png

Hey that was some quality punsmanship Adam

OdY3g3E.png

DWvfk3k.png

"...for us!"

TcyAt0K.png

5DqLuqR.png

J3zI2T0.png

Hot n' Fresh

nljdGKy.png

um

4lgOPPh.png

umm

KDpPQ42.png

YiFNtYk.png

Which, surprisingly, is not native to this area

fTaU3vf.png

"...headache!"

I thought you were gonna say eternal suffering

ccCcTpT.png

I'm surprised you don't already know

joMTcHd.png

Z1hRjZ3.png

"...island for about a month."

where is the league to figure this out

11LDOLX.png

"...comply to her standards."

rZsw403.png

"...this Carnivine."

kZdixhC.png

"...right?"

right

279eXeX.png

"...fire type, right?"

should've asked me

KNe6vh1.png

"...jungle?"

E2PazSM.png

"...correctly..."

pAwvrwH.png

fgeTtX2.png

"...force!"

I thought you were smarter than this...I was wrong

*Adam somehow gets repulsed by the vine; he exits the screen at high velocity*

uEaPHaF.png

We begin the trek through the jungle, but soon enough face yet another obstacle

Spoiler

IgbIYPv.png

U9QI6DR.png

S***, not a small body of water...

U9vntyr.png

aYFret5.png

h7haADi.png

TsGpHAL.png

neither of us has anything that can learn it anyway

MZggBEn.png

"...that HM."

It's one thing to not have mons that can learn Surf, but when she says this it becomes obvious how silly the HM/Badge system can get sometimes

7rtld7f.png

Does Melia have any? She's probably too perfect to need badges, those are for us peasants

lraKIYm.png

"...that."

You sure you can't fit 2? I'm not that big

lEP3AZP.png

npCaz7m.png

not that many

d51jEcc.png

and 2 of them were acquired in very dubious circumstances

63lp3sp.png

"...and hopefully defeat one of you."

And if I can't the world is doomed.

I bet I could beat Adam though, I just don't want to have to face Valarie-

qPdtP0g.png

S***

eXvDSjm.png

KMqZBxT.png

@#!%#@%#&@^

0s4fhgb.png

nyuyNEz.png

"...small. You'll definitely hit one of us."

I think it would be alright, at least it doesn't give Valarie yet another advantage over me-

CQijmRR.png

"...correct?"

wTSLidZ.png

You little-

STOP GIVING HER ADVANTAGES SHE DOESN'T NEED

Aaz6ABA.png

yeah I'm sure it does

YF4TrJj.png

Yes, I have a fan <3

Looks like I have to fight the Vallie Girl now...

cYAFW4x.png

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Will I be able to overcome her blatant type advantage? I'll need some info first.

Spoiler

6haZcvr.png

hMiKq1M.png

yeah give me something, please

wV10U5V.png

stLt73r.png

"...advantage."

"It looks like?"

It was your idea you little snake

bvB4UkA.png

1crKSTs.png

"...anything in its path."

This tells me nothing about it really

xOYMD9P.png

1ldezey.png

Lxcy8Mu.png

ipfODxg.png

yeah, sure I will

Before starting we engage in the traditional pre-fight banter. Valarie's got a lot on her mind though.

Spoiler

xpqDeA7.png

nope, would have changed nothing

eo3U9jq.png

Y'all can't keep doing this...I'm lucky to be functioning at all after my Mom died twice, so I really need you to be stable...in case I'm not

owcG0L5.png

Conceal, don't feel

thcyri0.png

"...slightest!"

4j4lVYd.png

I'm insulted you think she needs to cheat to beat me tbh

yanCOJK.png

Well, here goes nothing...

Vs. Valarie

xph5eQg.png

Spoiler

oNrkPba.png

Carmine attacks with Crunch while Lanturn misses a few Thunder attacks. Even though Valarie would use a potion (maybe it was more, we had a fairly long duel), Lanturn is brought to red. Carmine, however, does not get the KO before Valarie finally decides to stop playing around

zNFTV6J.png

Rosso gets revengeance with Mach Punch

CWC4FZ5.png

Lapras survives a Close Combat (!) but misses a Tidal Wave (!!!)

As a result Rosso manages a clean KO

PH4reIM.png

Burgundy consumes an Electric Gem to attack with Thunder Fang, which removes more than half its health and paralyzes (!), then Milotic loses its turn to the paralysis (!!!)

A second Thunder Fang fails to KO though, so Burgundy gets obliterated by Scald

UsiB83x.png

I expected a potion here, but surprisingly that didn't happen. Rosso grabs another win

CwHH4jz.png

This one's a freebie. Acrobatics deletes Ludicolo

zjvC2EX.png

Cerise is here to Toxic Wishiwashi, which she does. She is then sent to meet her maker by way of a Waterfall

EEiuo1J.png

Alizarin consumes an Electric Gem and attacks with Thunder Fang. Wishiwashi tanks it though, and flattens my doggo with Waterfall

8ZlYEAW.png

Before my Acrobatics attack Vallie Girl switches Wishiwashi for Slowbro, who tanks it 

s8pZiAr.png

Slowbro eats a Brave Bird, but goes for Calm Mind, a clear mistake. Acrobatics ends it

BUxYwtG.png

didn't know you had that in you

uzXleXW.png

Coquelicot gets the win with one more Acrobatics

EIG8LLa.png

B) 

I was concerned this would be a major stumbling block, but it went pretty well actually. Of course, that doesn't mean she didn't step all over me several times first actually that doesn't sound so bad before I got it right. Her team is not especially balanced; all of them are slow tanks (unless Ludicolo has Swift Swim, but it never got to do anything so I dunno) which meant I was able to always move first and put up enough offensive pressure. However, because they're all tanks, it was more likely than not that I would fail to KO only to see my mon be destroyed in one blow. Wishiwashi in particular could easily take out half my team alone before I defeated it, and even then only if she had already used her potions. I ultimately had several lucky breaks though (like Lanturn missing so many Thunders, or indeed even picking Thunder primarily.) Also in this area rain is very common (you know, because rainforest) but there's no way I was giving her another advantage.

So that's that.

Spoiler

Ak4WTqI.png

Oh I got it a bit wrong

F3aE9ng.png

RtION17.png

Don't say it like that, it makes it sound like you went easy on me

wy5gkA7.png

"I'm content."

bfeecP6.png

"...entrance." 

Are you gonna give me a reward~

RJJnpPx.png

Melia please I got wet enough fighting Valarie just now

Oh goodness I really need to calm down

I've overcome a tough challenge, and gained the ability to cross small bodies of water. 

Next Time, we continue on to Kakori Village!

Stay Tuned~

Chapter 15: Across the Pond

I can use Surf now, so that small body of water should be the last obstacle. Our path will be easier now.

L1lx1Ef.png

Indeed.

We make it to a ranger outpost, where (hopefully) we can warp directly to Kakori Village...

Spoiler

IMKZkvQ.png

mBTtJO6.png

Sweet

*Sam and Alex warp away*

yeBFg3a.png

tSN3xZQ.png

4LcrGtk.png

Water trainer Valarie is the one most bothered by the humidity. There's a word for this, right?

G3yrDXS.png

gTkzt35.png

uh oh

hGigBO4.png

QsO9CPt.png

GPTTOzT.png

6F4xGrc.png

31qYKXh.png

91Ny42T.png

"(...requires a lot of stress.)"

Um are you just going to keep that to yourself...?

NMzXpE4.png

ok...

K4EcNOg.png

ladies first

wait that's everyone but Adam actually

NQ774cF.png

well would you look at that

l4BjKnD.png

plot

*Vallie Girl tries too, it still does nothing*

AFqfbaO.png

Always try the Harry Potter stuff, on the off chance witchcraft exists for a moment

RQvHkdP.png

make sure you don't say it wrong though

k5pefe9.png

*nothing happens*

NToLmKe.png

ARIDPJ8.png

C7olOeo.png

"...anyway?"

v9IIRqO.png

XJffp7t.png

seems to happen a lot now

967anNL.png

"...inconsistent weather."

When you say it like that it doesn't even sound bad that it rains like every other screen

YZEwrWn.png

So we end up taking the long way (again), but soon the destination is not far off.

Spoiler

4QlISrR.png

it is indeed nice

xI9iD6U.png

not even a little

790J8Ml.png

"...somehow."

unless she's broken from getting launched halfway across the island and can't move

TWqpP6s.png

YUWjxi9.png

Seems like Axis University should have a pretty simple plan too

Nim's condition seems to be getting worse though...

Spoiler

kKrJpCX.png

that's what I said

yYLbQ96.png

what

uU2XjzZ.png

iT0fN8h.png

J8tp5d4.png

what

WkrpTvS.png

awaUVAN.png

YZwKyrM.png

!?

pKiuivh.png

And I forgot to bring a Golden Needle with me...

dyDk0Jq.png

why are you only telling us this now

No part of this is good...

Spoiler

trn3C8h.png

I was really hoping you died or something

sANRtVR.png

"...that way is it?"

IYyU1ys.png

wow she's already done with this

RZknqeY.png

Ugh I was really hoping you died or something

IEP4ly3.png

XOSDHXy.png

Class Change, how many times do I need to say it

hABK5T6.png

"...about me. So stop while you're ahead."

49MPYBp.png

"Geara, if you will."

Neither did I 

L3sAoKe.png

plot

ZwJwUrd.png

"...that girl."

0WVrbmL.png

"...a cell."

fX7O3UM.png

"...outmatched."

Yeah you're already wasting my time tbh

CvrJTBE.png

can we skip to that part please

rGlCaXr.png

Well she's Dark Melia now, so her default setting seems to be angry

o0p2V0t.png

oh snap

gLGCCFT.png

can you just disappear for real this time

hVStNP5.png

"...of them?"

Hell you could both attack just me and you'd still lose

qFbQmMT.png

"...can use."

wow he said something smart for once

also what are you talking about

k4m5GCF.png

could be anything actually

rLIFa9C.png

I bet I know what he's looking for...

Spoiler

2usC5jy.png

8XJlrtM.png

z2j9N0Q.png

HD73svs.png

well that's just great

bMjWw3V.png

ByWR7QO.png

not even the power to stop one of us really

lHOPZZh.png

not if you send me in first, which you will

GLVzkrx.png

yGIJAXy.png

"...you cook up."

jsyjUU9.png

HMe3o0A.png

You shall rue the day! Rue it I say!

ppt3jaO.png

PBaRprh.png

W0QZ07y.png

*The rift eats me*

wt7qgn4.png

Once again I'm sent to a Dimensional Rift. I'll have to fight my way out again.

Spoiler

oZ9mD2A.png

weird

tQMgxac.png

who-

boxnafk.png

?!

Vs. Dimensional Carnivine

PbhAtcR.png

Spoiler

iSpJlcw.png

Wait this one "Mega Evolved?" That's different.

Alizarin here knows Outrage though...he's a good boy :) 

Smwmsii.png

see ya

So that's done. 

Spoiler

N84xRFs.png

DH2a0YD.png

I got you babe

Ohn1baq.png

"...too."

jbWy65t.png

What, did you think I got to be Melia's overpowered sidekick just because I have a pretty face?

MvDUole.png

Yeah, and I'm just the sub-leader at best. Imagine if the real hero fought you

fuZn4jo.png

ok I think that's enough Melia

zutuxCG.png

"...no!"

please just stop wasting my time and begone already

2HVq393.png

"...trophy?"

pwiIw8f.png

nDplyOc.png

You wouldn't!

9Uxr5SS.png

vq3Jfsl.png

That...could have gone better.

Spoiler

Fi5VLj2.png

I feel like we could have prevented this one, actually

GIxPtDy.png

Of course not, I'm bad luck...

What's the plan, leader?

UcjiVZ4.png

And then we destroy them, right? 

diWyhCC.png

"...keep searching for her."

The hell are you doing reading all these auras? You don't look like Lucario to me

We press on, and arrive at Kakori Village. The guards question us and our claim of solving the vine problem

Spoiler

3PDpU1y.png

Well I did actually

IpVt5dA.png

Hiz3vUd.png

Melia says it's not her first visit. She gets around

kdOaOLI.png

Wait what that didn't work? Color me surprised

mqbrDxI.png

Ah, that's more like what I was expecting...

*The person who appears is Crawli, who actually recognizes me as well*

8rKjviG.png

SJGLpnt.png

Um no I totally recognize you. You have a distinctive look

cdLVLs9.png

V4UpMLy.png

CbGmBGF.png

Yep, just the way you trained me to, Mistress~

DdclpcQ.png

*everyone goes in*

FeewqOD.png

I expect a reward~

We've made it to Kakori Village. Let's check it out.

Spoiler

fV7keRB.png

zpUwsNs.png

"...sees.'"

M12UETT.png

yeah I don't really buy that either

GpRZ2Ss.png

Okay. It can get pretty oppressive so this isn't actually strange

itAKmGl.png

Z4irpbW.png

You're afraid something bad will happen to correct this, right? I get that one too

OoOhLus.png

"...Team Xen on Terajuma Island."

sPpB0Xw.png

g1Yx1qT.png

"...of tea."

I really hope that tea is decaffeinated

nL5WsMy.png

c00S9Xj.png

Are you telling me or asking me? If you want to be entertained just say so

Melia has asked us to have a meeting. But first let's see what's on her mind...

Spoiler

VPQg0mZ.png

JS4ugId.png

"...a bit in such a small timeframe."

4TfTJVG.png

But...?

yU5g4oE.png

"...small walk?"

How did I know you were going to ask me on a date~

uvIAvlx.png

Will it?

0qYTS2Y.png

"...are."

7S60UwF.png

"...a shame."

VnVFCQu.png

hmm

2doGEjE.png

You don't sound so sure. Trying to steal me away?

0BFwRKa.png

Rather forward

z8oMmzG.png

"...yet."

XgDDdIu.png

"...this whole thing."

I mean, the short answer is yes, you are. But it's not so easy to just stop doing that if you're already wired that way...

xHddUqJ.png

XQpXoho.png

"...little while." 

For us it's also only been a 'little while'...right?

YhOk9ew.png

ItqpIDg.png

"...the prison thing."

Unfortunately

XesPeMF.png

"...back then."

ZAAo4LP.png

"...mean..."

XgkYZmy.png

"...questions myself."

Haven't even really answered my questions yet

ZMKSCOv.png

"...ramble on, I guess."

I can't talk anyway, you know that

DLPd8mJ.png

"...processing it all."

I'm almost certainly not

4wsqBKv.png

"...more unstable."

Braixen knew too, and said all of nothing

weas5lu.png

I guess so

boMGGdG.png

DBpZ5Jp.png

Can't you see we're having a moment here

QKfGVAu.png

h2QKaiB.png

Really? The more I see the more I question whether she is human tbh

ooNvCYw.png

"...those words."

HV57Uqn.png

"...why you have friends."

I wouldn't be so sure she can't do everything. It certainly seems that way most of the time...

0RfH4YN.png

bzEQvqZ.png

TObRzEI.png

"...for their own strength."

hPGk1Qc.png

LzWl9kd.png

because she's the MC, and this is one of those games that ends if the MC dies

e35gulx.png

fH8Hv8E.png

WQN67EC.png

sure, something like that anyway

*Melia leaves*

8AUwzmQ.png

But she has a lot of rage now. A lot

YzYYmko.png

"...job any worse than it is."

fV35847.png

okay

POeXCfl.png

*amigas

Anyways it's time for that meeting now.

Spoiler

tfe431q.png

slwWe4Z.png

"...show that."

Makes sense

BzFxOXp.png

5gLL3sH.png

"...untouched 'till now."

yiGiGBK.png

They hitched a ride...inside of Nim? Or something like that

LATf0C6.png

"...as a result."

muXTmLl.png

2u8VYup.png

probs

ZqD7qN2.png

*we feel a tremor*

3h9S1K4.png

AufUkF1.png

"...feel emotion."

VpoI9CY.png

k5TK49h.png

Suspicious. Also, a rather suspect line

k51FFI1.png

L1knzeq.png

"You've gotta be kidding me."

qDicAlM.png

"...giant rocks."

vAl1MK2.png

H579YfW.png

Getting tired of your s*** Braixen

Melia asks Crawli to provide us some rangers of support, but he cannot...

Spoiler

9kkX7OB.png

"...Kristiline Town."

EOqGoSR.png

"...anything else."

other than that she freezes people and is an absolute madwoman

Pd2Zot5.png

"...useful to you."

Well if you can't I guess that's fine-

GxmH8Q4.png

"...the first night on-"

OH DEAR GODS WHY IS THIS GUY HERE

bS4ok6e.png

HTxw3YI.png

"...YOU!"

I could say the same...you're one of the last people I wanted to see, and I've already seen many I didn't want to see again today

eHXi5p4.png

Don't remind me

VCra0YO.png

"Unbelievable!"

ZAI0A8j.png

VpfZ8oe.png

not the word I would have used

9eHpTs9.png

"...ask too many questions."

again, not the word I would have used

We have a plan now. We're headed to Valor Mountain next-

Spoiler

962JvT4.png

um excuse me

0Aunx16.png

we'll try, anyway

???

Umm...yeah. Valor Mountain, that's next I guess.

Stay Tuned~