Could someone help me pick a fun team?

Emii

Hey I'm about to start my first play through of Rejuvenation I was wondering if anyone could help me pick a good team for someone with very horrible rng if that matters. I'm okay with anything, it's just my teams generally are not very well thought out ><

Well the first thing you need to think about is coverage, whether is be pokemon typing or move typing. Second is pokemon availability. After you have a general idea of who is available you can begin to construct a team. So begin with your starter, fire-grass-water. Suggestion wise, Froagie give excellent coverage options all throughout the game with his speed and ability. Charmander gets dragon rage, while totodile gets sheer force with decent coverage options. Grass wise, with some patience contrary snivy turns into a monster. After you get past the starter, try to always diversify your typing by not repeating a type if you can help it. I also suggest looking at the weakness of the individuals and try not to repeat a weakness more than 2 or 3 times across the team. ALWAYS have coverage for your weaknesses. I also suggest getting a good mix of special and physical attackers. For me personally, I try not to have 6 pokemon who could potentially sweep because it leaves you open to get swept yourself. Find a support pokemon than can allow you to set up one of your sweepers. For example, confuse ray, yawn, wish, trick room(if your sweeper is slow). Alot of times i try to make my tankiest poke more of a supporter as well. Lastly, having access to moves that gives you a 4x damage to common threats. For example, having a consistent rock, fighting, ice and grass user will go a long way with 4x coverage all over the place. 

2 hours ago, highonpotenuse said:

Well the first thing you need to think about is coverage, whether is be pokemon typing or move typing. Second is pokemon availability. After you have a general idea of who is available you can begin to construct a team. So begin with your starter, fire-grass-water. Suggestion wise, Froagie give excellent coverage options all throughout the game with his speed and ability. Charmander gets dragon rage, while totodile gets sheer force with decent coverage options. Grass wise, with some patience contrary snivy turns into a monster. After you get past the starter, try to always diversify your typing by not repeating a type if you can help it. I also suggest looking at the weakness of the individuals and try not to repeat a weakness more than 2 or 3 times across the team. ALWAYS have coverage for your weaknesses. I also suggest getting a good mix of special and physical attackers. For me personally, I try not to have 6 pokemon who could potentially sweep because it leaves you open to get swept yourself. Find a support pokemon than can allow you to set up one of your sweepers. For example, confuse ray, yawn, wish, trick room(if your sweeper is slow). Alot of times i try to make my tankiest poke more of a supporter as well. Lastly, having access to moves that gives you a 4x damage to common threats. For example, having a consistent rock, fighting, ice and grass user will go a long way with 4x coverage all over the place. 

Hey this is a lot of information thanks so much =D I was wondering if there was anywhere I could see what the best filler pokemon are as I make a team and progress, I'm currently running torchic I did a thing where I picked every starter and restarted if they did not have 25 IVs in their main things and I landed on a 31 attack 28 speed torchic ^-^

It is not always true that multiple Pokemon of the same types are not good. If your opponent has several types that are weak to your team, then it is ok to repeat a type. (each gym has only a single type... so when the opponent is using 6 Psychic types, why dont you use 4 dark types and 2 ghost types?)

There is no perfect team for a play through (at least when you play Intense Mode).

You will always have to switch out to team members that suit better to the current matchup. 

I am not entirely sure at which point, but I think it is after beating the 4th gym, that there is amlost in all cities a trainer with 3 Audino's where you can easily grind exp. 

Basically, you can replace or even rebuild your team at any time to be perfectly prepared for each situation. 

Just now, Brakk said:

It is not always true that multiple Pokemon of the same types are not good. If your opponent has several types that are weak to your team, then it is ok to repeat a type. (each gym has only a single type... so when the opponent is using 6 Psychic types, why dont you use 4 dark types and 2 ghost types?)

There is no perfect team for a play through (at least when you play Intense Mode).

You will always have to switch out to team members that suit better to the current matchup. 

I am not entirely sure at which point, but I think it is after beating the 4th gym, that there is amlost in all cities a trainer with 3 Audino's where you can easily grind exp. 

Basically, you can replace or even rebuild your team at any time to be perfectly prepared for each situation. 

Im aware how u can have multiple same type pokemons, however i was answering from a basic point of view on how to build a balanced team for an in game run. Also, these were just my opinions.

Just now, Emii said:

Hey this is a lot of information thanks so much =D I was wondering if there was anywhere I could see what the best filler pokemon are as I make a team and progress, I'm currently running torchic I did a thing where I picked every starter and restarted if they did not have 25 IVs in their main things and I landed on a 31 attack 28 speed torchic ^-^

Id love to help you out on the early game pokemon, but i havent played rejuvenation in a couple years. However, Im sure many other people on here would be able to help you out with this, though i would advise searching for or creating a topic specific to this need. I find it easiest to just type in early game pokemon in rejuventation or something similar on google.

9 hours ago, Filthy Casual said:

Here's a question before we help you: what starter do you want/is your favorite? It would help to know what we should build your team around.

Hey thanks for the response, I grabbed a Torchic since I have always been a fan of fire starters :D

4 hours ago, Emii said:

Hey thanks for the response, I grabbed a Torchic since I have always been a fan of fire starters :D

Cool! In that case, here are some potential members I recommend you pick up:

Alolan Muk: This is the first "true" team members I would recommend to you. It's got great defenses, a decent move pool, and an amazing type.

Simple Swoobat: This one may be temporary, but it puts in nothing but work for the first three gyms. You could do wonders with this one.

Alolan Raichu: Really, you could replace this with Manectric or Heliokisk. I just like the fact that Pichu gets Nasty Plot in this game.

Trevenant: I would say get a female one. Not only are ghost types arguably the best to have in this game, but you trade away a Phantump egg anyway in order to get...

Mystery Egg: This could be something you could use just for fun if you wanted.

Walrein: Yes, Spheal is a great HM Slave if you need something that can Surf. Be warned that it may be a bit trickier to use, as it's mainly good against the fire leader (and that's only if it has Thick Fat).

Lycanroc/Kantonian Golem: It depends on your play style: take Lycanroc if you want something offensive, or take sturdy Golem if you want something that tanks physical hits and hits like a truck.

Other recommendations I have for you include (and this is only if you want):

Cofagrigus

Dusclops

Magnezone

Xatu

Togedemaru

Beheeyem

Gardevoir

Swampert

Feraligatr

Decudueye (yes, Swampert, Feraligatr, and Decidueye can be found later on in the wild)

Edited by Filthy Casual

36 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

Cool! In that case, here are some potential members I recommend you pick up:

Alolan Muk: This is the first "true" team members I would recommend to you. It's got great defenses, a decent move pool, and an amazing type.

Simple Swoobat: This one may be temporary, but it puts in nothing but work for the first three gyms. You could do wonders with this one.

Alolan Raichu: Really, you could replace this with Manectric or Heliokisk. I just like the fact that Pichu gets Nasty Plot in this game.

Trevenant: I would say get a female one. Not only are ghost types arguably the best to have in this game, but you trade away a Phantump egg anyway in order to get...

Mystery Egg: This could be something you could use just for fun if you wanted.

Walrein: Yes, Spheal is a great HM Slave if you need something that can Surf. Be warned that it may be a bit trickier to use, as it's mainly good against the fire leader (and that's only if it has Thick Fat).

Lycanroc/Kantonian Golem: It depends on your play style: take Lycanroc if you want something offensive, or take sturdy Golem if you want something that tanks physical hits and hits like a truck.

Other recommendations I have for you include (and this is only if you want):

Cofagrigus

Dusclops

Magnezone

Xatu

Togedemaru

Beheeyem

Gardevoir

Swampert

Feraligatr

Decudueye (yes, Swampert, Feraligatr, and Decidueye can be found later on in the wild)

Hey thank you so much for the response I'll really take this into account to build my team going forward!